Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670183 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#405576 Nov 28, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>But you obviously DON'T know. Too silly to dialog with. Go eat your cracker.
Go eat your cracker? Wow.. Lets see. The Eucharist is the most Holy thing in Catholicism. It is very very sacred to us .
So you have no problem insulting us about it eh? Let me guess, you also wear a WWJD bracelet? Lol

Suppose our teachings are correct. The Eucharist is indeed the very real presence of Jesus Christ- as all the Apostolic fathers testify to. Do you realize you'd be poking fun at Jesus Christ himself?
Just another thing you best be right on, before you look Christ in the eye someday.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#405577 Nov 28, 2012
who="Pad"Kay Marie,you are talking to Catholics in 2012,a very candid group that view things much differently than their predecessors.American Catholics especially have heard our evangelical broadcasts on TV and the radio.Many have watched Billy Graham,and even some catholic bishops have encouraged their flocks to attend Billy Graham crusades in their cities when he came there.
The evangelical expression of Catholicism has been ignited by the era of Catholic Charismatic renewal,there is much evangelical fervor amongst priests,sisters in communities and brothers,many of the laity have been involed in the charismatic movement.We are on a thin line when we claim that Catholics today do not know the gospel,in its dynamic evangelical message of personal salvation and unique fellowship with Christ.
Neverthless,Catholics today are experiencing as well a surge of liberalism which threatens that evangelical revival as it were.The liberal factions are the many Catholics who are cultural but not transformed by the gospel.Our evangelical churches and fellowships major in transforming power of Christ,and we have done so ever since the Holy Spirit decided long ago to inspire men and women like the Apostles Peter and Paul,to preach a dynamic personal faith that seeks the continual exchanges of the heart from that of the flesh to that of the Spirit.It is difficult,but true.
Many Catholics have known that truth and for centuries,we can read about dynamic saints and laity who have been transformed by the Lord,all through Catholic history.nevertheless the Catholic church is plagued with several personalities,and each one fights for dominance.Now in this time the evangelical voice within Catholicism is fighting hard for the people to turnfrom their wicked ways,but the cultural Catholics who resist such attend mass regularly and consider themselves every wit Catholic,remain as a thorn in the flesh to the others.It will be interesting to see who will supersede the other,will it be the liberals and cultural Catholics,or will it be those who are evangelical in their practise of Catholicism?

I know this, Pad. The gospel (Good News) has been so well-known in the past century in America, that many in various groups have discovered that Good News.

The problem is that (pride, maybe) has prevented them from leaving the old 'connection'. Thus the new generation is left struggling. The JW's and others have changed some of their approach, but still hold to the name, which causes the world to miss the truth. They are still identified with the 'old' group/name.

We are called to follow Him...to lift HIS name on high...not the name of our de-nom(name)in-ation (action).(A name/action of a group.)

KayMarie
KayMarie
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#405578 Nov 28, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says.......
The teachings, doctrine, biblical and historical TRUTH's in the
If the bible errs, where does the fiction end and where then does the truth begin?
makes no common sense
AND THAT HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH reaches the Canon of Scripture in 397 AD in and through the Bible (the written word of God)
preston

Athens, OH

#405579 Nov 28, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston asked me last time why I brought up osas and he even said we should drop it because it doesn't accomplish anything because we disagree on it....so I did and haven't talked about it since then.
and here we are again...
someone else brought it up and so I decided to finish this foolishnesss, once and for all.

YOU always quote that verse and conviently leave off the preceding verse which clearly explains just who those people were and are.

I hope now that you see that that 19 verses is not indicitive of OSAS.

they WERE ANTI CHRIST WHICH IS WHY THEY DIDNT WALK NOR WORK WITH JOHN.

I SHOWED STEVEN AND MARGE THAT THE VERSE THAT THEY HAVE TRIED TO USE WASNT FOR OSAS EITHER. YOU GUYS ARE QUICKLY RUNNING OUT OF THE nt
preston

Athens, OH

#405580 Nov 28, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Don't get your panties in a bunch. It had nothing to do with your Eucharist. It is in regard to HOHO being a parrot.
a PARROT?

you have only replied to the post that I made to marge around 6 or 7 times, with your same Cliché.

AND IT ISNT BECAUSE YOU ARE DEFENDING MARGE, YOU COULD CARE LESS IF AS THE NIGHT WEARS ON THE STONIER SHE GETS.

it is just a feeble attempt on my part.lol
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#405581 Nov 28, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Go eat your cracker? Wow.. Lets see. The Eucharist is the most Holy thing in Catholicism. It is very very sacred to us .
So you have no problem insulting us about it eh? Let me guess, you also wear a WWJD bracelet? Lol
Suppose our teachings are correct. The Eucharist is indeed the very real presence of Jesus Christ- as all the Apostolic fathers testify to. Do you realize you'd be poking fun at Jesus Christ himself?
Just another thing you best be right on, before you look Christ in the eye someday.
4GVN "has a need" to insult us Catholics because that is the "only thing" that he and other Protestants (on this forum) MUST RELY upon, in hoping to keep his "bible only boat" from sinking! They have "NOTHING ELSE TO STAND ON!...It is "predicated upon" quoting bible verses and then attacking, condemning and judging the personal faith and salvation of ANY and ALL Christians.(especially Catholics).... I know the bible only Protestant game (oh--so very well)---Clay-- after living it for over 35 years! It is a game of mis-quoting, and mis-interpreting the bible (laced) with anti-catholicism, heresy and deception!! We as Catholics must stay committed to keeping our Protestant "bothers and sisters in Christ" --in prayer each day, that they will come to the TRUTH of TRUE Salvation in Christ--in and through His One True Catholic Church..----God's Blessing to you and your family, Clay, in this coming week of Advent AND during the Christmas Season!
preston

Athens, OH

#405582 Nov 28, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Arguing over sure doesn't help their cause. Only an individual after coming to the truth concerning Yahweh and his only begotten son Jesus Christ can make that choice as to weather they believe or not. Denying Christ after knowledge of the truth is what causes one to loose their salvation. No man or institution can take away what God has ordained. We may suffer loss due to our actions and rewards based on those actions but if we confess our sins and ask forgiveness and hold true to the faith I beleieve one will be saved.
looks like Live Action has gained a new convert.

Yahweh when the other day when You were insistting that I saw God in an airplane.

YOU DO KNOW THAT LTM INSISTED THAT LIVE ACTION WAS ME, DONT YOU
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#405583 Nov 28, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>someone else brought it up and so I decided to finish this foolishnesss, once and for all.
YOU always quote that verse and conviently leave off the preceding verse which clearly explains just who those people were and are.
I SHOWED STEVEN AND MARGE THAT THE VERSE THAT THEY HAVE TRIED TO USE WASNT FOR OSAS EITHER. YOU GUYS ARE QUICKLY RUNNING OUT OF THE nt
Just so I know the rules....

I'm permitted to talk about osas as long as I don't bring it up?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#405584 Nov 28, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael"HOJO says.......
The teachings, doctrine, biblical and historical TRUTH's in the Catholic Church are not based upon a "matter of opinion", taking a vote, or (poll sampling). The Historical and Biblical TRUTH's that are grounded in the doctrinal teachings of the Catholic faith.
Michael says......
How can you be so sure the reliability of the accounts from the ancient historians? Most of them never provided sources to what their claims were, as we have very few bibligraphic listings to support such claims.
If the gospel writers were inspired by God to record these documents, and lets not forget the dozens of other scriptures written at that time also claiming to be inspired by God, were somehow decided not to be accurate or true, as the early catholic fathers threw out what they didn't want and re-wrote what God had inspired originally in the 4 gospels, inspiring them for a second time with their own spin.
MATTHEW 4:8.... The author explains the devil taking jesus up to an exceedingly high mountain to show him "ALL THE KINGDOMS OF THE WORLD". Since there is no location on our planet on the sphere earth that is able to show all the kingdoms. we know the bible errs. How else would you explain it HOJO?
If the bible errs, where does the fiction end and where then does the truth begin?
makes no common sense
Common sense 'logic' does not supersede God's knowledge. The Bible says that satan showed Jesus "all the kingdoms of the world"...NOT all of the world. Kingdoms are not wood and stone. Can you see the kingdom of some nation? You may know that Bermuda was British territory, but no one...not even Bermudians could 'see' that kingdom. They only saw the results of its demands.
There is no 'fiction' there...only things you don't know yet.
KayMarie
Agree!!! Only to add to your comment: There is no fiction there...''''''only the TRUTH of things that you (Michael) are "refusing to believe and accept!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#405585 Nov 28, 2012
who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
To think you know what it takes to be saved, is arrogant, feeble-minded and dishonest.
As all of your posts are telling others that 'they' are wrong, doesn't the above describe yourself?
KM
Since I can't control your perception, and you see it that way, then it must be true, huh?

I disagree.

At least I'm not like you and telling everyone what "God" does and doesn't do.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#405586 Nov 28, 2012
Blah blah blah

Albuquerque, NM

#405587 Nov 28, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any evidence. Now you threw me for a loop. Do you believe in God? I'm quite certain you don't have any videos or voice recordings.
I didn't think you did either, but had to ask, as one never knows.

I do believe in a god.

And no, I don't have any evidence either, just belief.

Sorry.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#405588 Nov 28, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Well.if I called you satan I am sorry.I have no intention of argueing with you or anyone else on this forum.My husband and I are so thankful for my husband recovery that we both refuse to waste our time fighting on a computer.So Live action,I truely regret call you satan.Peace to you.
Seraphima,I am glad your husband is getting much better.Sometimes we have to go through things which seem to be bad news,to wake up about things around us.i do not blame you for not wanting to get on the computer and haggle over religilosity and so on.It bothers me as well,but I often think it might just open a few eyes to the broader truth as to why we are argueing in the first place.

hs will be missed if he does not come on here,as he added so much.I personally learned a lot about your Orthodoxy through both you and him.I hope you have a blessed Christmas,will look up on a claender to see when the Orthodox Christmas is celebrated.

Believers are certainly all important one to another,no matter what our affiliation is,we are individuals who have made a decision to either follow Jesus to the end or follow Him at what ever level we are at in our development.Either way we can learn from one another,as our Christian faith is a minority in this world,and God knows how we should actually come together rather than be apart.Sometimes we have to sort through the incidentals to reach a firmer stand of unity as believers.

It is not easy with all of our differences,but Jesus bids us to love one another,even as He loves the Body or the Church as it were.

Again take care,and enjoy your family this Christmas! Say hello to hs for me,I miss him here.

Albuquerque, NM

#405589 Nov 28, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any evidence. Now you threw me for a loop. Do you believe in God? I'm quite certain you don't have any videos or voice recordings.
Why do you think people use the character of "Satan" against others?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#405590 Nov 28, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>someone else brought it up and so I decided to finish this foolishnesss, once and for all.
19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

**This verse has nothing to do with osas and I never said it did. The verse isn't even talking about christians.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#405591 Nov 28, 2012
Michael wrote:
If any of the religious on this forum truly had the smoking gun of truth, this forum would have ended 405,000 posts ago........
....but it carries on with posters claiming...... "MY GOD LOVES ME MORE THAN YOU"........"Jesus loves me but satan loves you"
UNBELIEVABLE!
For you, Michael, your definition,and proof of TRUTH is a "repeat performance" of the words of the Pharisees aS they stood before Jesus, while HE was hanging on the cross---as they said----"Come down from that cross so they we, too, might believe"--that you ARE Christ--the Son of God!!
preston

Athens, OH

#405592 Nov 28, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so I know the rules....
I'm permitted to talk about osas as long as I don't bring it up?
you can bring it up the next time we lose to that team up north and not before.

thats the ground rule. and if YOU break it, you will not be allowed to vote for Miller for the heisman.
preston

Athens, OH

#405593 Nov 28, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.
**This verse has nothing to do with osas and I never said it did. The verse isn't even talking about christians.
That is what I said.glad that you caught on ,at last.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#405594 Nov 28, 2012
who="Pad"Kay Marie,you are talking to Catholics in 2012,a very candid group that view things much differently than their predecessors.American Catholics especially have heard our evangelical broadcasts on TV and the radio.Many have watched Billy Graham,and even some catholic bishops have encouraged their flocks to attend Billy Graham crusades in their cities when he came there.
The evangelical expression of Catholicism has been ignited by the era of Catholic Charismatic renewal,there is much evangelical fervor amongst priests,sisters in communities and brothers,many of the laity have been involed in the charismatic movement.We are on a thin line when we claim that Catholics today do not know the gospel,in its dynamic evangelical message of personal salvation and unique fellowship with Christ.
Neverthless,Catholics today are experiencing as well a surge of liberalism which threatens that evangelical revival as it were.The liberal factions are the many Catholics who are cultural but not transformed by the gospel.Our evangelical churches and fellowships major in transforming power of Christ,and we have done so ever since the Holy Spirit decided long ago to inspire men and women like the Apostles Peter and Paul,to preach a dynamic personal faith that seeks the continual exchanges of the heart from that of the flesh to that of the Spirit.It is difficult,but true.
Many Catholics have known that truth and for centuries,we can read about dynamic saints and laity who have been transformed by the Lord,all through Catholic history.nevertheless the Catholic church is plagued with several personalities,and each one fights for dominance.Now in this time the evangelical voice within Catholicism is fighting hard for the people to turnfrom their wicked ways,but the cultural Catholics who resist such attend mass regularly and consider themselves every wit Catholic,remain as a thorn in the flesh to the others.It will be interesting to see who will supersede the other,will it be the liberals and cultural Catholics,or will it be those who are evangelical in their practise of Catholicism?
I know this, Pad. The gospel (Good News) has been so well-known in the past century in America, that many in various groups have discovered that Good News.
The problem is that (pride, maybe) has prevented them from leaving the old 'connection'. Thus the new generation is left struggling. The JW's and others have changed some of their approach, but still hold to the name, which causes the world to miss the truth. They are still identified with the 'old' group/name.
We are called to follow Him...to lift HIS name on high...not the name of our de-nom(name)in-ation (action).(A name/action of a group.)
KayMarie
KayMarie
God knows how much I agree with you.You know Kay Marie when I accepted Christ in 68 and than went into the army,I met so many believers,and many were of various groups and denominations.But youknow when all was said and done,we learned to get along with Jesus as our common denominator.Jesus makes the difference,and that is the unity in His Spirit,which is initiated by the Lord Himself,and He alone.Who knows better how to unify His body,than Christ! Right?

I was raised Roman Catholic,and came out of that church in the late 60s,but went back when married in 79,we stayed 5 years and had both of our babies baptized by two different priests.Our older members of the families we came from were so blessed,it was so nice.But my wife and I found that the RCC was not the place for us in the long run,we found another church,and our children both know the Lord,and are walking with Him.Cont.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#405595 Nov 28, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>That is what I said.glad that you caught on ,at last.
you said I think it is indictive of osas...I never said that. If I did show me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 37 min RiversideRedneck 99,754
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dogs breath 286,433
Wife is gonna experience another man Sunday. 6 hr The Guy 1
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 7 hr Sky Writer 31 23
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr bad bob 184,260
The cosmic comedian is scott alan harrold copyr... 8 hr scottaharrold 1
cosmic comedy copyrighted by scott alan harrold 8 hr scottaharrold 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr Joe Fortuna 980,042
More from around the web