Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649711 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#405409 Nov 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are clueless....
enough said...
You must enjoy being dishonest with yourself and others.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#405410 Nov 27, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Supposition.
Satan is a construct of men. We've already went over that in the past.
a. You have no proof of what you say, yet speak it. Why?
- What does this "Satan" look like"
- What kind of bondage do you think Michael is under by this supposed entity?
~~~
What does this "Satan" look like"

You might perchance .. look in the mirror...and get some idea of satans appearance.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#405411 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
"heresy"
I think not.
Please show me where "God" has specifically stated that Gnosticism is a heresy.
DS - open your mind.
I been doing a little reading on Gnosticism. It seems scholars are not convinced the Gospel of Thomas was written by the Apostle himself but rather, by Gnostic leaders yrs later.
Same with the Gospel of Judas. It is believed to have been penned sometime in the second century by.....you guessed it. Men.

If that is true, your 'why do you follow the teachings of men' thing is a bit ironic.

Also, I read the Gospel of Thomas. I would have to agree that it wasn't written by a guy who hung around the other 12 Apostles. It's too different.....almost like a kid wrote it. Poor wording and analogy. Definitely not something I would think the Holy Spirit inspired. Scholars believe it was one of the Gnostic leaders impersonating the Apostle Thomas. I don't think i can argue with them.

Anyway, I love learning about all religions. I didnt arrive at Catholicism thru indoctrination (although that is how i was first introduced to it.
I actually researched many different faiths before deciding to stick with the Catholic faith.
So far, Im not impressed with Gnosticism.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405412 Nov 27, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes. Sola fide.
I think about that false teaching everytime I see the family of a deceased gang member on tv, saying "I know he's in a better place.. God needed a player for his football team up there" etc. They been duped and should pray for the soul of their brother gone astray.
That's the mentality you all introduced to our country. Everyone who believes is Jesus is saved... They live a sinful life believing that to be true..
When the Pope forgave the man who shot him, was there a list of things the man had to do to qualify for that forgivness? Where there any things the man had to do to 'maintain' that forgivness? Is the Popes forgivness greater than Jesus'?
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#405413 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
Funny thing about it then, I was baptized when I was an infant, made my First Communion when I was int he 4th grade, and then completed the Confirmation step when I was about 14 years old.
For a priest, you really need to brush up on the steps.
Uh-huh.
And you were baptized as an infant, not as an adult, and (probably) in the Roman Rite, rather than an Eastern Rite or Orthodox.
Read the post again.
Rob
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405414 Nov 27, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you may have a point here LTM. If a person in their final moments realizes that all the times they had the opportunity to be baptized but rejected it, and still were able to beg Jesus for forgiveness in NOT getting baptized, I think He would forgive them. If their hearts remained hardened and still said it wasn't necessary, I don't think so.
So in your mind, not being baptized is the unpardonable sin.

Albuquerque, NM

#405415 Nov 27, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold it now. "men wrote the Bible not Jesus". This statement is important for many reasons. The obvious is: your whole shtick of 'why do you listen to Paul instead of Jesus? or Why do you follow men, is thrown out the window. It shows a degree of hypocrisy, don't you think?
No it doesn't. It actually shows you, a so-called believer in Jesus, how the hypocrisy of your belief is.

Out of one side of your mouth you say "I believe in Jesus", then out the other side you say, "except for those teachings not in the Bible."
- this is hypocrisy.

Now when I say those things above, I also have explained them. If you want to find that information out, you'll have to go back and research it through the posts. I stated it already - I'm through repeating that which you don't understand.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>Another thing I think everybody on this forum can agree on is: Jesus Christ started a Church.
No, Jesus founded a body of believers in what he taught.

You are not part of that body, because you don't believe in Jesus and what he taught.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>Now what that Church is varies from poster to poster.
We say its an authoritative hierarchy of Bishops, Priests and Deacons. With the Bishop of Rome being in charge of the day to day operations of the Church until Christ comes back.
Others say the 'Church' is their particular sect.
Others say its a 'body' of believers who follow their interpretations of the New Testament.
Another issue we've gone over.

Like you say above, the so-called "Church" has never been defined.

I agree - it has not.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>And you (correct me if I am wrong) believe there is no Church? Or if there is, its a psychic spiritual realm??
I do not believe in organized religion. I think it is a scam to undercut society of money, power, and the power for individuals to take responsibility.

You may joke all you want about where we will go or not go, but in fair warning, it will happen and it probably will not be as you have expected.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>How do you form your theology?

Through understanding what belief is, how it affects my life, and how will it make me a better person.

You?
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>Do you just play your guitar naked in the lily fields, channeling some spiritual feelings?
Really? Is this your mentality for others who believe differently.

It sounds like you are projecting a fantasy. Get a room.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>Is it Yoga?
Normally, when someone doesn't know what something is, they go research it. Did you fail in school, thus are having problems now learning?

Quote of the day - "Public libraries are free."

Albuquerque, NM

#405416 Nov 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was still alive when he said:
Today, you will be with me in paradise...
Jesus had the authority to forgive sins on earth....therefore, I believe he was saved then....
As Jesus hadn't died when he said this to the thief and there was no death, burial and resurrection yet...
No baptism of water required.

Thank you for agreeing with me.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405417 Nov 27, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you seriously think God requires nothing of you but for you to sit on your rear and cry you're saved? If you do, then you haven't read Matthew 25!
If that is what you believe then you have not read any of my previous posts, so why bother?

Albuquerque, NM

#405418 Nov 27, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Robert F"
KayMarie good friend
You might be surprised....
By the way, Jesus was a man too.
Jesus was MORE than a man...
Let's see you walk on water...
KayMarie
AAAH YES - he was an illusionist!!

You really need to get learn things before thinking you know what abilities "God" gives to men.

Albuquerque, NM

#405419 Nov 27, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
And what does your bible say about calling someone a Fool?
They skipped over that passage.

:o)
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#405420 Nov 27, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>When the Pope forgave the man who shot him, was there a list of things the man had to do to qualify for that forgivness? Where there any things the man had to do to 'maintain' that forgivness? Is the Popes forgivness greater than Jesus'?
Huh? Well, the Pope is the anti christ, so who cares who he forgave.(sarcasm)

The Pope forgave Melmut Ali, for shooting him. I don't know if Melmut is sorry or not. God will judge him.

Albuquerque, NM

#405421 Nov 27, 2012
who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
Not at all.
But I can't see your so-called "Christian love" in the last statement above.
Do you always tell others that they are clueless, and always thinking you are right.
Do you als tell them that you know the mind of "God" so they better be quiet about everything?
You are the clueless one - and more than likely, it is because you have listened to the nonsense of men, instead of Jesus.
Your old-school mentality has not been valid for quite some time.
No, you are the one who disses everyone on here. You are always right in your own eyes...and, in your eyes, no one else knows anything.
That is why I said that you are clueless...
KayMarie
Incorrect conclusion.

I point out facts that show your religion is bogus.

Maybe if y ou had researched your religion more, instead of listening to that hubby of yours, you would realize that the facts are facts.

I've yet to see you post in opposition of them, so they must be accurate.

Since you still have "un-belief", I'll continue to post many more "clues" that will help show you that I have posted accurately.

Why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught?
Portal

Chicago, IL

#405422 Nov 27, 2012
Live Action wrote:
One day we will all know the truth. this is what we are all searching for.
And please remember you can not take every word of the scripture as the truth especially the new testament.Let us not forget the lying pen of the scribes let us not forget the roman catholic church they have changed the scriptures .A great point is line upon line precept upon precept.
If you name id let's say George And I call you ted are you going to answer me probably not.
Well it is the same with the creator His Name Is Yahweh.He is Not A god.Man made him into a god by changing his name. And he even Say's so you will cause them to forget my name.And the world has.
He warns you about the worship of gods he don't even want to be in the same category as god and or gods.
I myself was brainwashed fro a child grew up in a baptist church but then grew up and did my own research And found what I am trying to tell you.
The words lord god Baal were Added to his name because of the divine reverence of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken so YES MAN MADE HIM A god. Let us not for get revelation 12/9 the whole world is deceived And what better trick for Satan to play on mankind.And here is another possibility that by worshiping a man made god you could be worshiping Satan. Do not under estimate the Power Of Satan.
And the message will be preached to all the world and then the end will come
I pray Dear Heavenly father Yahweh I am john and I ask permission to come to you through you great and wonderful son Yahshua Messiah to please give these people understanding when it comes to your name and your laws Praise Yahweh.
Ok, back to reality! What the Jim Jones Jesus Juice not good enough.....Marshall Applewhite's magic comet ride to fast.......Warren Jeffs hugs to long with children. WJ used the scripture to manipulate and brainwash his followers into slaves and sex animals for his and his cronies gratification.....how is that even tolerated?
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405423 Nov 27, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this evidence? Who decides what is acceptable evidence? What if I think it's evidence and you don't?
If a 'saved' person doesn't produce the evidence you find acceptable, are they really 'saved'?
In the Catholic scenario the 'horse' is baptism. "Baptism which is the beginning of new life; Confirmation which is its strengthening; and the Eucharist which nourishes the disciple with Christ's Body and Blood for his transformation in Christ."
For the Catholic "The fruit of Baptism, or baptismal grace, is a rich reality that includes forgiveness of original sin and all personal sins, birth into the new life by which man becomes an adoptive son of the Father, a member of Christ and a temple of the Holy Spirit. By this very fact the person baptized is incorporated into the Church, the Body of Christ, and made a sharer in the priesthood of Christ."
and
"Baptism imprints on the soul an indelible spiritual sign, the character, which consecrates the baptized person for Christian worship."
How can you possibly attribute all of these things to a baptized infant when the cold hard reality is many baptized catholics grow up to be very ungodly, unchristian men. For that matter some of your Popes were prime examples of that which I am describing. Do you believe that you most evil, baptized popes were christians, were reborn by the Spirit of God, are now in heaven? It would seem rether evident to me that baptism accomplished nothing in thier lives.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#405424 Nov 27, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I responded 5 times head on. This one, I strayed off topic (sort of).
Look, I understand no matter what, you'll never agree with any Catholic on our beliefs. Your set in your interpretations and that's that.
I sincerely hope your correct for teaching the way you do. But I'm going to point out that its new, and not what the Apostles taught.
Its not just Baptism either, you folks changed many teachings that have been there from day one. Like the Eucharist, sola fide, sola scripture.
You believe that it is new. I believe that it is as old as the apostles and the scriptures.

Albuquerque, NM

#405425 Nov 27, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean any of us can open up a religion and say that?
Heck, if it ain't in the Bible, then I can do it.
Im going to start Clayism. Its truth.
It aint? Show me where God specifically says that Clayism is heresy?
Diversion.

But I'll answer your question, because I can be honest with others, unlike you.

"Im going to start Clayism. Its truth.
It aint? Show me where God specifically says that Clayism is heresy?"
- Great! have at it.
- BTW - "God" never said it was heresy.
+ What will be your "mission statement"? You gotta have a mission statement, ya know!
+ Who will be the main belief centered upon? You can't have a religion without one.
+ Will you have a Pope too?
+ Some religions have "steps" that individuals take to acquire "knowledge" (gnosis)
http://www.bridgemanart.com/asset/202531/Span... {%22url%22%3A%22\%2Fsearch\%2F artist\%2FSpanish-School-16th- century-after\%2F26160%22%2C%2 2num_results%22%3A%226%22%2C%2 2search_type%22%3A%22creator_a ssets%22%2C%22creator_id%22%3A %2226160%22%2C%22item_index%22 %3A0}

Looks like you have some work to do before you can complete your mission.

Do you think it will draw followers?

Good luck!

Albuquerque, NM

#405426 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
What does this "Satan" look like"
You might perchance .. look in the mirror...and get some idea of satans appearance.
Funny you say that, because when I look in the mirror, I resemble Jesus - long flowing brown hair, goatee, beautiful eyes (so my wife says).

Can't answer another question, huh?

Still thinking that diversion is the best tactic to use, huh?

Do you know how to be honest?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#405427 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. It actually shows you, a so-called believer in Jesus, how the hypocrisy of your belief is.
Out of one side of your mouth you say "I believe in Jesus", then out the other side you say, "except for those teachings not in the Bible."
- this is hypocrisy.
Now when I say those things above, I also have explained them. If you want to find that information out, you'll have to go back and research it through the posts. I stated it already - I'm through repeating that which you don't understand.
<quoted text>
No, Jesus founded a body of believers in what he taught.
You are not part of that body, because you don't believe in Jesus and what he taught.
<quoted text>
Another issue we've gone over.
Like you say above, the so-called "Church" has never been defined.
I agree - it has not.
<quoted text>
I do not believe in organized religion. I think it is a scam to undercut society of money, power, and the power for individuals to take responsibility.
You may joke all you want about where we will go or not go, but in fair warning, it will happen and it probably will not be as you have expected.
<quoted text>
Through understanding what belief is, how it affects my life, and how will it make me a better person.
You?
<quoted text>
Really? Is this your mentality for others who believe differently.
It sounds like you are projecting a fantasy. Get a room.
<quoted text>
Normally, when someone doesn't know what something is, they go research it. Did you fail in school, thus are having problems now learning?
Quote of the day - "Public libraries are free."
I don't mean to poke fun at you. So i apologize.
You have to remember, 95% of this forum is Catholics defending the Catholic faith from attacks. Most of the time, people are telling us what we believe, not asking us. I try to not insult other faiths while I am steadfastly defending mine.
I will read more into Gnosticism to get a better understanding of that faith. I am forever a Catholic, so there is no danger for me to learn what others believe. I did that with all the other faiths represented here...sorry i skipped over yours.
truth

Perth, Australia

#405428 Nov 27, 2012
life..o well why water and salt not need..for what?
bless water is good..bless salt too..but you need know..where is life..deth don't have place..Creator left like that..
time for this and that
as you see time for days as well night

see
Are you pro-life or pro-death?
Everything have place.

In future will be more day then 2.5x toward 3day then night.
''Sine moj negrijesi duse svoje''
''po dusi si spasen''

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Into The Night 55,810
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 9 min andet1987 2,284
Rotherham sheff doncaster sex 45 min Hussain 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 281,469
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Halle Berry Sister 3,728
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr New Ideas 44,922
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr New Ideas 618,573
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 16 hr Noname 69
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 hr Hangman 972,378
More from around the web