Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,464)

Showing posts 389,261 - 389,280 of529,863
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 12

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

@Dust Storm
part 2...

Nice throwback to Paul. Except that Paul declared he was a Hebrew of the tribe of Banyamin. As a result, he could not be a "Jew" or of Yahudah/"Judah". He wrote we are to follow Yahusha not him or others; he could not save anyone; nor can you or i. He also wrote "Aluhaym forbid" that we should break the Torah to establish it. Being an apostle to the Gentiles did not absolve him of his responsibility to shma (hear and do) and shamar (guard) Torah.

It matters little what the church Fathers have to say if their words go against Shaddai YHUH Aluhaym. Nor does the bribery of having a Jew hanging out with Catholics matter since this was set up long ago by Rothschild and others.

Besides the whole scripture, read the suppressed scriptures including 1Enoch (quoted in Jude), Jasher (refered to in Yahusha/Joshua) and Apocrypha (numerous references to both Testaments) which the church claims are spurious. Read Josephus. i guess the Maccabees are fictional then? Except that without them no one would have freedom of conscience from the oppressive Greeks or Romans. i am not a Protestant or a Jew. i am a Hebrew; of the family of Yshral. The Real Mashiach (our ultimate sacrifice) is coming to straighten out this mess; so your PETA rant about the need for further sacrifice is invalid; i'm guessing you have not read in the scripture the part about no further need for the slaughter of innocent animals to remit our sins?

Break the Torah to establish the Torah? i think not. You expect fellow citizens to be lawful by man-made standards but you Christians don't have to obey the higher Torah (instructions/commands) of YHUH right?

Also, it appears you don't like what you don't like; and that i should comment according to your standards. Not gonna happen.

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans One is the straight-forward Truth to share;
either one worships the creation or the Creator;
A clear choice, the Truth in Love.
You have not been in on the few conversations i've had with gays and lesbians. i don't condone their lifestyle. But they appreciate my approach. It's the choice of each of us to live up to YHUH's standard or not. You can't force people to see your way just because you're you. You have to respect that they differ in opinion. It's something i try to do; except in the case of bullies.

In fact, i know one gay man who prays to G-d every day. Should the Mighty One not hear his prayer and gently guide him in the way he should go?

Remember, Messiah died for everybody; not just who we think he should have died for.

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

sorry about the double post (reply to Dust Storm); i thought the length was a hindrance; so i broke my reply into two parts.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
How would you know what your gay/lesbian friends want...except you are
one of them...Did they send you to solicit members for their forum?
just like aways, first post has to be attacking me.

I checked his profile stupid. just like you should have done.

Send a Message
to TJ Monk
Comments

Oct 19, 2012

Badges

TJ Monk Profile
Recent Posts
Top Stories

Prove there's a god.

That's not Gods plan. He gave man a perfect start in EDEN....everlasting perfect life. But some things delayed this from moving forward. It's still His purpose, He doesn't change His objective like we do. He's all-Eternal. It is still His objective today and forever.(8 hrs ago | post #565098)

Top Stories

Prove there's a god.

I am all for that. All Armageddom is, is the time when God will intervene in mans affairs. He destroyed a world of bad people before, if you believe the flood story. Does God have a right to rule?? I would say yes. He will intervene before we destroy ourselves. There are tons of scriptures which we won't go into.(8 hrs ago | post #565097)

Roman Catholic Church

What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

Jesus didn't believe in hellfire. It's purely symbolic of total destruction. NOT NEVERENDING SUFFERING.....You believe God is loving torture? You are sick, this was never His 1 second thought.(8 hrs ago | post #85319)

Top Stories

Prove there's a god.

Use the rabbit TOOL..(8 hrs ago | post #565094)

Top Stories

Prove there's a god.

Like you, I am awe-inspiring. We truly should consider joining our intrests to "change the world" to grow more peaceful. Perhaps we can create the unthinkable...peac e, love, harmoney among all peoples everywhere. Without our endeavours...what else would make this happen? America owes 18 trillion, what can we actually acomplish without funding? As a team, what can we do to benefit mankind? It seems your suggestion is suicide for the masses....You must think hard....who and WHAT are youuu?(8 hrs ago | post #565093)

Pope Benedict XVI

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

You are a truly screwed freakshow. I worry about the people around you, as you are insane.(8 hrs ago | post #404168)

Roman Catholic Church

What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

The teaching of HELL comes from Babylon....the 3rd Pagan world power. Same beliefs....the CC and Babylon have the very same teachings..........which are all false FREAKSHOW. A loving God burns imperfect people forever?? Get a life! Would you place your childs hand on a hot stove for eternity when he made a mistake????? Freakshow! God is indeed a criminal.....if He does this crap, He is the definition of such corruption!(8 hrs ago | post #85316)

Gay/Lesbian

The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family

Freakshow.....not for you.(8 hrs ago | post #72875)

Top Stories

Prove there's a god.

I apologize for attacking people in my posts. I do that to get a response, which is stupid. I am 57 and I believe you are 66? You have more life experience than I and I appreciate your thoughts. Please give yourself credit, "life after death" is a false teaching from Pagan Ancient Babylon, 2000 years before Christianity. It was adopted by Constantine, ruler of Pagan Rome in the 4th century, after he had a vision??? It's not a belief of the early 1st century Christians. You have an enormous amount of intelligence to see that "life after death" is false. Keep searching for truth.(8 hrs ago | post #565086)

Top Stories

SATISFIED?
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston is not in his own hands nor mind either. I have been looking at post by "Preston". he has used many names here. I will post these within a few days. But there exist a some strong links to someone who post from Michigan. And historically in this thread, that has been restricted to HOJO. I went back about 3.5 years.
Are you still mad at me because I do not vote?
LET ME HELP YOU OPUT.

STARTED OUT AS cr, THEN ATEMCOWBOY, JONAH,pRESTON, REDWAX AND OCCASIONALLY, i WOULD USE SOME WEIRD NAME IF I WAS FROM MY PRIVATE FORUM.

AND THO IT ISNT A SECRET, TOPIX HAS LISTED ME IN iND, mICH oHIO. maybe ky.

what bothers me about theses people like marge who actually befriend you even after you wish me dead as I showed your post to LTM.
But I am not in the least concernend about marge liking or talking to you. she is the most unstable and ignorant persons on here. I had to set on her with her stupid psotsa that was already fulfilled in the Garden that she tied to use to promote OSAS.

the devil his way of grouping you people
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>LET ME HELP YOU OPUT.
STARTED OUT AS cr, THEN ATEMCOWBOY, JONAH,pRESTON, REDWAX AND OCCASIONALLY, i WOULD USE SOME WEIRD NAME IF I WAS FROM MY PRIVATE FORUM.
AND THO IT ISNT A SECRET, TOPIX HAS LISTED ME IN iND, mICH oHIO. maybe ky.
what bothers me about theses people like marge who actually befriend you even after you wish me dead as I showed your post to LTM.
But I am not in the least concernend about marge liking or talking to you. she is the most unstable and ignorant persons on here. I had to set on her with her stupid psotsa that was already fulfilled in the Garden that she tied to use to promote OSAS.
the devil his way of grouping you people
when I had frontier, they had me all over the place except for Knockenstiff, where I had to learn to fight or run,

so I became good at both.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

passinby wrote:
sorry about the double post (reply to Dust Storm); i thought the length was a hindrance; so i broke my reply into two parts.
The length of your post isn't the hindrance. Lol

I for one, am glad you're only 'passin by'
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, wat?
Did they take Holy Saturday of the calendar when I wasn't looking?
As for "3 days," by Jewish counting, Jesus WAS in the tomb 3 days. 1. Friday. 2. Saturday. 3. Sunday.
That's it. Count 'em. THREE.
One cold say this is not the way we (Americans, or perhaps English speakers) count.
That's true. But it's NOT the only way to count.
Mexicans say "today and 8" when the mean "a week from today." The count "1" on "today," when Americans would count "1" on " tomorrow," and say "a week from today," or "in 7 days."
What is perhaps more interesting is that Jesus dies about 3:00 PM.
3:00 PM on Saturday would be 24 hours. 3:00 AM Sunday would be 36 hours. 4 MORE hours would be 7:00 AM, 40 hours after Jesus died.
Now, if you want to take the 40 as literal you can, but it is also useful toknow that 40 can be (scripturally) a symbolic number meaning "enough," or "a sufficient time."
40 years in the desert. Enough time.
40 days and nights of rain. Sufficient.
Let the raspberries begin!
Rob
Excuses excuses excuses!(lol) I have heard them all.

Same as in the scriptures that every time members of Jesus family are mentioned they are his brothers, or sons of his mother mary, or Jesus was FIRST born son of Mary, but catholics will deny scripture writings everytime because it doesn't jive with the catholic teachings of ever virgin mary. They were cousins they say.

Why would anyone mention their cousins over and over, why would scriptures say FIRST born, meaning more to come.

Some times you have to take your blinders off and accept what it clearly states.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

The scriptures claim that early one sunday morning a small group of people went back to the tomb of Jesus found the big stone rolled away and declared the tomb was empty.

Does that mean the physical body of Jesus left first thing sunday morning. Could it not have been at 11 oclock saturday night?

The churches agenda was to make sunday what it was and they created this story to make it fit their agenda.

The writers include in their story that there was a guard posted at the tomb who had fallen asleep.(lol) Why would there be a guard posted at the tomb of a commoner, and for what purpose?(lol)

Its all just fluff added to the story to create drama, mystery and to fit the Jesus puzzle.

Sunday was going to be the day come hell or high water, because the christian fathers did everything to take the JEW out of Jesus to make him their own. Saturday would again make it the jewish day of rest, and catholicism didn't want any part of that.

My theory is as good as anyones.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Rob, why was Jesus so specific about being in the grave the same amount of time that Jonah was in the belly of the fish? Why did He specify 3 days and 3 nights? And then of course, was He correct?
That would mean sunday night too. But some people say people around the world count differently and I am sure someone would come up with some far reaching reason that 3 nights wasn't exactly how it indicates (lol)

Doesn't matter, christian writers created the story that sunday was going to be the day. If the story was Jesus died on a thursday the scriptures would say he was 4 days in the tomb. Saturday WOULD NEVER BE THE DAY! because that was the Jewish sabbath and christianity has done everything to take the Jew out of Jesus and distance themselves from the Jews their customs/traditions.

Interesting that we know all these little details about a guard posted at the tomb and that he mysteriously fell asleep, etc. but when it comes to the actual person that the story is about we know nothing about him. No one days Jesus date of birth, what he did for 31 years up until his ministry nothing!, don't know what he looked like, don't know what he did for a living to feed himself, and the most important dates his death and resurrection and no one thought they were important enough to save or record?

makes no common sense......I smell agenda.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuses excuses excuses!(lol) I have heard them all.
Same as in the scriptures that every time members of Jesus family are mentioned they are his brothers, or sons of his mother mary, or Jesus was FIRST born son of Mary, but catholics will deny scripture writings everytime because it doesn't jive with the catholic teachings of ever virgin mary. They were cousins they say.
Why would anyone mention their cousins over and over, why would scriptures say FIRST born, meaning more to come.
Some times you have to take your blinders off and accept what it clearly states.
All of Christianity for the first 1,800 yrs. Including Orthodox and Protestants understood Jesus had no blood siblings. If one were to put away their modern English Bible, and transform themselves into the time period of Jesus. And read scripture if THEIR language an culture, it becomes clear as can be.
Just another example of the Born Again movements undoing of sacred scripture based on their limited and ignorant understanding.

Also, what do you care? You're an Atheist.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what to say Mike. I already told you Christians observed Sunday 200 yrs BEFORE Constantine was even born.
You're just repeating the core Protestant lie that Constantine was responsible for Catholicism.
They need that lie so they can have an excuse to exist.
Like them, you also need that lie so you can feel justified. I expect you and them to ignore every fact presented about Constantine, because you people must submit to total ignorance to survive.
Lieing about what?

Your belief in christianity is just an opinon. A personal conviction. Every religion claims they too have their belief that theirs are correct. You don't believe theirs are right, just like they don't believe yours is correct. Until you can prove that yours is right and everyone else is wrong, your belief will never be a FACT.

Please prove to me, that this divine Jesus actually lived?

Prove to me that the 4 names associated with the gospels were the actual men who wrote them?

What world stories or writings outside your scriptures that this man even existed as the son of God? Why is it that no one outside of the scriptures ever heard of the 12 apostles or crucifixion. There were dozens of the best writers the world had ever known in Jerusulem during this era and not one of them ever mentions anything about a miracle man Jesus. Why?

Paul was the earliest or one of the earliest writers yet he knows nothing personally about a physical Jesus. Paul never claimed he met an earthly Jesus, much like most of the early christian cults. Devastating! Paul in his many writings, never mentions a virgin birth, never mentions kings bringing gifts, never mentions, King Herod slaughtering male infants, never mentions Jesus and his family escaping to Egypt, never mentions 12 apostles, never mentions the crucifixion. WHY? He was the earliest writer. Wouldn't he have a fresh knowledge about this man. NOTHING!

The only logical reason that Paul knew nothing about this physical Jesus is because these stories about Jesus had not yet been invented. It wasn't until decades later when the gospels tell these stories.

Christianity has always been called a belief. You have that belief but you can never claim it to be a FACT because at that point it would no longer be a belief.

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Lieing about what?
Your belief in christianity is just an opinon. A personal conviction. Every religion claims they too have their belief that theirs are correct. You don't believe theirs are right, just like they don't believe yours is correct. Until you can prove that yours is right and everyone else is wrong, your belief will never be a FACT.
Prove to me that the 4 names associated with the gospels were the actual men who wrote them?
What world stories or writings outside your scriptures that this man even existed as the son of God? Why is it that no one outside of the scriptures ever heard of the 12 apostles or crucifixion. There were dozens of the best writers the world had ever known in Jerusulem during this era and not one of them ever mentions anything about a miracle man Jesus. Why?
Paul was the earliest or one of the earliest writers yet he knows nothing personally about a physical Jesus. Paul never claimed he met an earthly Jesus, much like most of the early christian cults. Devastating! Paul in his many writings, never mentions a virgin birth, never mentions kings bringing gifts, never mentions, King Herod slaughtering male infants, never mentions Jesus and his family escaping to Egypt, never mentions 12 apostles, never mentions the crucifixion. WHY? He was the earliest writer. Wouldn't he have a fresh knowledge about this man. NOTHING!
The only logical reason that Paul knew nothing about this physical Jesus is because these stories about Jesus had not yet been invented. It wasn't until decades later when the gospels tell these stories.
Christianity has always been called a belief. You have that belief but you can never claim it to be a FACT because at that point it would no longer be a belief.
I somewhat agree with your post. Christianity makes no sense (on the paper).
I mean, how did it survive? If you were Christian for the first 300 yrs, you were imprisoned. If you were a Bishop or Priest, you were killed. It makes no sense that this religion could have spread throughout the world when its origin is a poor homeless man with 12 followers. By all logic (on Paper) it should have ended when this man was put to death and His closest followers ran to the hills during His trial and crucifixion.
Who would ever believe this man was the Son of God? He had nothing (on paper) to offer anyone. No triumph. No land. No wealth. No freedom from Roman Empire. Yet, people believed Him?
And then, the brutal and evil Roman Empire, who'd been killing Christians for centuries, suddenly becomes Christians themselves?

Makes no sense.

The Church He started should have crumbled long ago as well. They are still very much hated. Every tyrant had the Vatican in their scopes and sought to topple it. Napoleon kidnapped the Pope and jailed him!
The sins of the members of the Catholic Church should have crumbled it too. Even the current abuse scandal cant bring it down!
A Pope a thousand yrs ago, had an affair and committed murder. Yet, even he could not bring down the Church!

The Protestant reformation offered a 'hands free' type Christianity, with no apparent authority - other than ones private interpretation of the Bible. Still, they could not topple the Catholic Church.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

passinby wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not been in on the few conversations i've had with gays and lesbians. i don't condone their lifestyle. But they appreciate my approach. It's the choice of each of us to live up to YHUH's standard or not. You can't force people to see your way just because you're you. You have to respect that they differ in opinion. It's something i try to do; except in the case of bullies.
In fact, i know one gay man who prays to G-d every day. Should the Mighty One not hear his prayer and gently guide him in the way he should go?
Remember, Messiah died for everybody; not just who we think he should have died for.
~~~

There is a serious problem with your rational here...

From the Old testament..

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and

--> turn from their wicked ways; <--

then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

David wrote

Psa_66:18 If I ==>regard<== iniquity in my heart, THE LORD WILL NOT HEAR ME:

THE WORD==>REGARD<== DEFINED IN HEBREW AS USED IN PSALM 66:18

H7200
&#1512;&#1488;&#14 92;
ra&#770;'a&#770;h
raw-aw'
A primitive root; to see, literally or figuratively (in numerous applications, direct and implied, transitively, intransitively and causatively):- advise self, appear, approve, behold, X certainly, consider, discern,(make to) enjoy, have experience, gaze, take heed, X indeed, X joyfully, lo, look (on, one another, one on another, one upon another, out, up, upon), mark, meet, X be near, perceive, present, provide, regard,(have) respect,(fore-, cause to, let) see (-r,-m, one another), shew (self), X sight of others,(e-) spy, stare, X surely, X think, view, visions.

___

From the New Testament....

THERE MUST FIRST BE CONFESSION AND REPENTANCE OF SIN..

1Jn_1:9 IF WE CONFESS OUR SINS, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

IF NOT ....THERE WILL BE...

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them,

==>I NEVER KNEW YOU:

depart from me, ye that work iniquity. <==

WE ARE NOT SAVED IN WILLFUL SIN...WE ARE SAVED FROM SIN...

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Lieing about what?
The fact that Christianity wasn't forced upon the people, and they all knew what would happen to them if they got caught celebrating the Mass, makes it a remarkable religion. It basically functioned 'underground' for centuries.

Jesus said "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, Baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and Behold, I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS, TO THE CLOSE OF THE AGE"

All but one of the Apostles were captured and put to death. All the men they ordained were put to death. I believe 30 of the first Bishops of Rome (Popes) were killed?
wikipedia.org/wiki/list_of_popes

It has to divinely guided that we are still here today.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

who="Michael"
Lieing about what?

Surely you don't mean that one cannot BELIEVE a FACT?:)

KM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

The scripture below speaks of...-->THE BLOOD OF THE COVENANT<--

Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted

-->the blood of the covenant,<--

wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

---

while the Roman Catholic make much ado about the BLOOD..AND BODY OF CHRIST JESUS

THEY HAVE ATTEMPTED TO RE-WRITE HIS COVENANT...

CREATE THEIR OWN..

CHANGE THE WILL AND TESTAMENT OF JESUS CHRIST

TO NOTHING MORE THAN RITUAL, WORKS AND IDOLATRY

AND THEIR LEADERS...PRIEST

HAVE BECOME SODOMIZERS

___

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 ==> Who changed the truth of God

into a lie, <==

and

worshiped

and

-->served the creature more than the Creator, <--

who is blessed for ever. Amen.

___

THEY BOW BEFORE IDOLS, ICONS, STATUES, AND STORE RELICS

AND IN THEIR MAUSOLEUMS, THEY WORSHIP THE DEAD...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

who="Fr Robert Dye"
Wait, wat?
Did they take Holy Saturday of the calendar when I wasn't looking?
As for "3 days," by Jewish counting, Jesus WAS in the tomb 3 days. 1. Friday. 2. Saturday. 3. Sunday.
That's it. Count 'em. THREE.
One cold say this is not the way we (Americans, or perhaps English speakers) count.
That's true. But it's NOT the only way to count.
Mexicans say "today and 8" when the mean "a week from today." The count "1" on "today," when Americans would count "1" on " tomorrow," and say "a week from today," or "in 7 days."
What is perhaps more interesting is that Jesus dies about 3:00 PM.
3:00 PM on Saturday would be 24 hours. 3:00 AM Sunday would be 36 hours. 4 MORE hours would be 7:00 AM, 40 hours after Jesus died.
Now, if you want to take the 40 as literal you can, but it is also useful toknow that 40 can be (scripturally) a symbolic number meaning "enough," or "a sufficient time."
40 years in the desert. Enough time.
40 days and nights of rain. Sufficient.
Let the raspberries begin!
Rob

The problem comes from human logic. Men assume that the day before the Passover was Friday...thus Sunday could not have been the third day.
The truth is that the Passover was on the FOURTEENTH DAY OF THE MONTH. That likely was a Thursday that month.

You can search it out if you wish, but I believe that Passover is the only Sabbath that was required to be kept forever. Jesus declared Himself Lord of the Sabbath, and thereafter many important events (including the Resurrection) were on the FIRST day of the week...NEW BEGINNING.

The first day of the week has been the 'day of rest' from that time on. Read about the Lord's rest in Hebrews.

KayMarie
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
The scripture below speaks of...-->THE BLOOD OF THE COVENANT<--
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted
-->the blood of the covenant,<--
wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
---
while the Roman Catholic make much ado about the BLOOD..AND BODY OF CHRIST JESUS
THEY HAVE ATTEMPTED TO RE-WRITE HIS COVENANT...
CREATE THEIR OWN..
CHANGE THE WILL AND TESTAMENT OF JESUS CHRIST
TO NOTHING MORE THAN RITUAL, WORKS AND IDOLATRY
AND THEIR LEADERS...PRIEST
HAVE BECOME SODOMIZERS
___
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 ==> Who changed the truth of God
into a lie, <==
and
worshiped
and
-->served the creature more than the Creator, <--
who is blessed for ever. Amen.
___
THEY BOW BEFORE IDOLS, ICONS, STATUES, AND STORE RELICS
AND IN THEIR MAUSOLEUMS, THEY WORSHIP THE DEAD...
I'm puzzled why a supposed man called by God, would use scripture in your post, then accuse Catholics of worshiping Idols and the dead??

What's wrong? Your Pentecostal Cult can't stand on its own merits? So you have to resort to baring false witness against Catholics....apparently we threaten your brand of Christianity eh? Truth is truth. We Catholics do not need to deceive. You do. That's the only way you can exist.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Wisdom from Oswald Chambers
God created man to be master of the life in the earth and sea and sky, and the reason he is not is because he took the law into his own hands, and became master of himself, but of nothing else. The Shadow of an Agony

The Distraction of Contempt
November 23, 2012
Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us! For we are exceedingly filled with contempt —Psalm 123:3

What we must beware of is not damage to our belief in God but damage to our Christian disposition or state of mind.“Take heed to your spirit, that you do not deal treacherously”(Malachi 2:16). Our state of mind is powerful in its effects. It can be the enemy that penetrates right into our soul and distracts our mind from God. There are certain attitudes we should never dare to indulge. If we do, we will find they have distracted us from faith in God. Until we get back into a quiet mood before Him, our faith is of no value, and our confidence in the flesh and in human ingenuity is what rules our lives.

Beware of “the cares of this world ...”(Mark 4:19). They are the very things that produce the wrong attitudes in our soul. It is incredible what enormous power there is in simple things to distract our attention away from God. Refuse to be swamped by “the cares of this world.”

Another thing that distracts us is our passion for vindication. St. Augustine prayed,“O Lord, deliver me from this lust of always vindicating myself.” Such a need for constant vindication destroys our soul’s faith in God. Don’t say,“I must explain myself,” or,“I must get people to understand.” Our Lord never explained anything— He left the misunderstandings or misconceptions of others to correct themselves.

When we discern that other people are not growing spiritually and allow that discernment to turn to criticism, we block our fellowship with God. God never gives us discernment so that we may criticize, but that we may intercede

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 389,261 - 389,280 of529,863
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

538 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 7 min anonymous 87
We need to defend the immigrants! 8 min Tony 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Hidingfromyou 716,330
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min Rosa_Winkel 598,730
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 24 min petesake 114,599
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 223,138
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr RFD 1,405
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr NEWS-FLASH 171,437
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Charlie Sheen 255,652