Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,854
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Pad

Rockford, IL

#403522 Nov 19, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad, I believe in the full Gifts of the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues is one of them.
But Like the gift of healing, Pastoring, teaching, speaking in tongues is not for everyone.
The part I don't agree with a bunch of people screaming, yelling, and rolling, all over the floor while they claim they are speaking in their prayer langauge.
If people pray in the Spirit, in a prayer language only God understands then it should be doing quietly alone with God.
In our church there is a woman who prays in tongues she doesn't scream and hollar, there is another woman who interprets , that is scriptual.
I do believe some people fake it Pad,
Nothing has been abused more than the gift of Tongues,and I believe that everyone here who is civil will agree with me on that.

Nevertheless,just because something is abused or misused it does not mean that the basis of truth does not exist for it.

Emotionalism is the biggest contribution to the abuse of tongues,and healings and whatever else a group may be experiencing in their worship service,or Revival meeting.

I have seen the abuse through cheap emotionalism countless times,and it has left its mark on my attitude toward the public display on tongues I believe forever.

I call it frantic pentecostalism,and for many years I have not been partaker of such type meetings.Nevertheless, the particular church I attend,an Assembly of God congregation,has done its best to put the kabosh on such things,and frankly for the same reason you feel intimidated by frantic emotionalism.

I find the thin line between true worship with miracles accompanied,and the other counterfeit to be so bare,that many Christians have had to forsake the emotionalism altogether,in order to allow for the genuine article.

It is frustrating,some people in my church left because they no longer have services that emotionally stir people to seek the Baptism of the Spirit,with the accompany of tongues.In private cell groups there are those who will pray with and lead others to seek that work of Grace,but no longer is the corporate body entering into that.I personally do not miss it,and know for a fact that 90% of the people in my church do not yearn for it or miss it either.But we long for a genuine move of God to save and bring people who do not know HIM to Himself.

Now if the gifts of the Spirit evidence and are used to bring others in,that is fine,but I do not see the congregation purposely going into a n emotionally led worship to evidence the charismata.

If one wants to see such on a weekly basis,they can go to a Oneness Pentecostal church,seems that every large city has Apostolic or Oneness groups there,we have 4 in this city,and many people who want a very emotional loud worship with much tongue speaking can find it there.But they will also find some false teaching as well.Oneness Pentecostals reject the Godhead baptism,and call for only being baptized in Jesus'Name,and also they believe one is not saved unless they speak in unknown tongues,which is a false teaching that has no basis in the Christian Church as a whole.
preston

Waverly, OH

#403523 Nov 19, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
We do receive the Precious Blood of Christ. Unfortunately, there are Catholics who don't know or understand their faith. They're on auto-pilot and wind up giving out wrong information. I'm from the old school, pre-Vatican II. The nuns taught us very well. Going to Catholic school, especially back then, made a big difference. Our religious education was more thorough. Even so, we have a responsibility to mature in our faith all through our lives. That requires some effort on our part as we attempt to grow closer to God.
As for the wedding mass you attended, well, yes, you did imply something. You said that she "stepped in an adjacent room....(where she thought she could not be seen by those in the congregation) She turned the chalice up and drink ever last drop that was in it."
As I said, she wasn't trying to "not be seen by those in the congregation". She turned the chalice up and drank every last drop that was in it because she was supposed to. You make it sound like she snuck away to guzzle the wine and got caught, lol! Really, KayMarie, you know better than to do something like that. I've been to a few Protestant weddings in my time, and all I was concerned with was the beauty of the marriage and the happiness of the couple. If you didn't understand what you were seeing, you should have asked someone to explain it. So, now you know. If you have any other questions about the Catholic faith, please feel free to ask any one of us. We'd be happy to help!
now can you teach her that when the wirters used the original language in the OT and the NT that it isnt wwhat her and benny hinn produce as gibberish
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#403524 Nov 19, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM"
.
**********
Regina...I was not 'implying' anything. I told what I saw. I understand that Catholics do not receive 'the blood'...just the priest.
Why is that?
KayMarie
.
You are mistaken.
.
I don't distribute Holy Communion from the chalice if I do not have a Eucharistic Minister present at mass, and that does happen from timeto time. There are a couple of parishes where we have not yet instituted communion under both species (Consecrated-bread AND consecrated-wine), but those are the exceptions rather thanthe norm.
.
I don't have communion from the cup in Grove, for example, where we just started the Spanish mass about 3 months ago.
.
The problem there (and in any Mexican community) is that it is VERY hard to predict how many present will take Holy Communion.
.
This presents no problem with the Body of Christ, as that which is not consumed may be reserved in the tabernacle, and the the next mass, fewer breads may be consecrated, and what is reserved in the tabernacle is distributed along with that.
.
I try to get down to nearly zero in the tabernacle every week or so, and it usually works out that way.
.
But the Blood of Christ is not reserved this way. It is taken in Holy Communion, and what remains is to be consumed by the Eucharitic ministers, or if in extreme situation, may be poured into the ground (or a sacrorium, ifthe parish has one).
.
When I am really uncertain about how much wine to consecrate so there will not be massive "leftovers" (boy, do I hate saying it that way, but you know what the situation is from that word), what I do instead is consecrate just enough for me to receive, and have communioin for the people only under the form ofthe Body of Christ.
.
This is NOT the idea. The Sign is best expressed under both species, just as the sign of Baptism is best expressed by total immersion, and the sign of reconcilliation is best expressed with the priest vested with alb and stole..
But the ideal does not always happen, and is not always practical.
.
Sometimes, we baptise someone i a hopsital bed, and full immersion is not possible. Sometimes, someone will catch me when I'm running errands, and ask me to hear their confession. One in awhile, it will happen atthe tail-end of an AA meeting, when a Catholic who knows me will ask for the sacrament, and we take a walk aroundte parking lot.
.
Under Catholic theology, the Presence of the Lord in the Eucharist cannot be divided. If I have 3 people still in line, and only 2 Hosts left, I break 1.
.
The people who receive those two halves do not receive "half" the presence of Christ ... the notion is absurd.
.
In a similar way, if one person receives both the Body of Christ and te Blood of Christ, and another only the Body of Christ, BOTH have received the same in terms of the Presense of the Lord.(Yes, the sign was more fully apparent in one case than the other, but the reality BEHIND the sign is fully present in both cases.)
.
It may be that what you heard about Catholics only receivingthe Body of Christ was from before Vatican II ... I'm told that was usual then, but I was born in 1960, and don't remember that, myself.
.
Rob
.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#403525 Nov 19, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing has been abused more than the gift of Tongues,and I believe that everyone here who is civil will agree with me on that.
Nevertheless,just because something is abused or misused it does not mean that the basis of truth does not exist for it.
Emotionalism is the biggest contribution to the abuse of tongues,and healings and whatever else a group may be experiencing in their worship service,or Revival meeting.
I have seen the abuse through cheap emotionalism countless times,and it has left its mark on my attitude toward the public display on tongues I believe forever.
I call it frantic pentecostalism,and for many years I have not been partaker of such type meetings.Nevertheless, the particular church I attend,an Assembly of God congregation,has done its best to put the kabosh on such things,and frankly for the same reason you feel intimidated by frantic emotionalism.
I find the thin line between true worship with miracles accompanied,and the other counterfeit to be so bare,that many Christians have had to forsake the emotionalism altogether,in order to allow for the genuine article.
It is frustrating,some people in my church left because they no longer have services that emotionally stir people to seek the Baptism of the Spirit,with the accompany of tongues.In private cell groups there are those who will pray with and lead others to seek that work of Grace,but no longer is the corporate body entering into that.I personally do not miss it,and know for a fact that 90% of the people in my church do not yearn for it or miss it either.But we long for a genuine move of God to save and bring people who do not know HIM to Himself.
Now if the gifts of the Spirit evidence and are used to bring others in,that is fine,but I do not see the congregation purposely going into a n emotionally led worship to evidence the charismata.
If one wants to see such on a weekly basis,they can go to a Oneness Pentecostal church,seems that every large city has Apostolic or Oneness groups there,we have 4 in this city,and many people who want a very emotional loud worship with much tongue speaking can find it there.But they will also find some false teaching as well.Oneness Pentecostals reject the Godhead baptism,and call for only being baptized in Jesus'Name,and also they believe one is not saved unless they speak in unknown tongues,which is a false teaching that has no basis in the Christian Church as a whole.
Baptism In Jesus name only is the United Pentecost Pad.
your right they are the sect that believe your not saved unless you speak in tongues.
I belong to a church that believes in the operation of all the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Like I said before when we worship,and praise God in song or just in worship , I have felt the breathe of God upon my face.
I could feel His Holy Pesents walking among the people, there was a message given in tongue and an interpretation.it was beautiful.
I can tell you I felt like I was drunk in the Holy Spirit when I left after the service.
To fake something like that is not wise but people do, I remember one time just falling down when I was first saved, it was stupid and I still shake my head that I did that.
One time a gentleman pushed me down when I went up for prayer and I went down some stairs I could have been hurt.
I like you have been effected forever because of some false display.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#403526 Nov 19, 2012
who="ReginaM"] We do receive the Precious Blood of Christ. Unfortunately, there are Catholics who don't know or understand their faith. They're on auto-pilot and wind up giving out wrong information. I'm from the old school, pre-Vatican II. The nuns taught us very well. Going to Catholic school, especially back then, made a big difference. Our religious education was more thorough. Even so, we have a responsibility to mature in our faith all through our lives. That requires some effort on our part as we attempt to grow closer to God.
As for the wedding mass you attended, well, yes, you did imply something. You said that she "stepped in an adjacent room....(where she thought she could not be seen by those in the congregation) She turned the chalice up and drink ever last drop that was in it."
As I said, she wasn't trying to "not be seen by those in the congregation". She turned the chalice up and drank every last drop that was in it because she was supposed to. You make it sound like she snuck away to guzzle the wine and got caught, lol! Really, KayMarie, you know better than to do something like that. I've been to a few Protestant weddings in my time, and all I was concerned with was the beauty of the marriage and the happiness of the couple. If you didn't understand what you were seeing, you should have asked someone to explain it. So, now you know. If you have any other questions about the Catholic faith, please feel free to ask any one of us. We'd be happy to help!

**********
"Really, KayMarie, you know better than to do something like that."
Sounds like you are scolding a child...

I didn't 'make it sound' like anything, Regina. Nor did I say that she went into an adjacent room. She simply stepped behind a curtain on the platform, else I would not have seen her. Can't you imagine how out of place it seemed IN A WEDDING? She SHOULD have gone into another room, then there would have been no question raised, and she would not have distracted from the beauty of the ceremony.

KayMarie
preston

Waverly, OH

#403527 Nov 19, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing has been abused more than the gift of Tongues,and I believe that everyone here who is civil will agree with me on that.
let it be known that several times on here I have stated that my friend TOM was praying for a woman and after he was thru praying, the woman told him that she understood him ,because he was praying in her native language.and in fact,if he is at the auction tomorow, i can ask him where this woman was from

this is the Gift of what God has given to some people to share the gospel.however mrs fraud tried to indicate that Jesus ,as well as others ,spoke tongues while he was on the Cross.

this is being deceitful and turns people off because of her lying, and PLEASE do not assume that I am lying and she never said that because she did and it was only a day or two ago and can easily be found.

if, as she and her husband have said,that they have 125 years of Bible study, then they know what language that Jesus spoke and the Bible tell us what those words were.it couldnt have been an unknown language if the writer tells us what He was saying while on the Cross.

this is purely deceitfulness on her part just like her story about the nun that Reggie just corrected her on and in fact, reggie tried before to explain it to her.

RIGHT IS RIGHT AND WRONG IS SINFUL
Pad

Rockford, IL

#403528 Nov 19, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>neither LTM nor myself have attacked the actual gift of speaking in a language that others might know and understand.
why didnt you say something when mrs fraud tried to say That Jesus was speaking in tongues when He certainly DID NOT!
WHY WERE YOU SILENT, CAT GOT YOUR "TONGUE"?
but no one can convince people that this jibber jabber is of God.
for it is written, God is not the author of confusion and that is what LTM said.
so dont put words in her mouth.
address the lies told by mrs fraud, if you feel the need to discuss fraudlent behavior.
as Christans we respect the Glorious Gifts given to us by our Creator, and on the reverse side, we abhor the fake 'gifts" as given to people like benny hinn et al.
I most likely missed that post by KayMarie that Jesus spoke in unknow tongues.You are so sure that I read every single post on this forum? I miss many a post,and it is quite a tedious task to try and catch up on everyone of them.

False teaching is not my bag either.No I do not believe for one minute that our Lord Jesus spoke in another tongue as a heavenly language that was given to the Church after Pentecost.But it would not surprise me tthat He being God would know every language known to man,and every language which is spoken in Heaven by the Angels.

KayMarie's understanding of what she must have said to you or someone else concerning Jesus and he speaking in an unknown tongue is guiless,and without the intent on deception or wanting to deceive others.If she made a mistake about Him,He is more than willing to overlook it,as she may realize it at some interval,ask for forgiveness and she will be forgiven.But she should not be vilified or mocked over making an error of that kind.It is harmless to say the least.

We all see in part,and do not have the complete picture,as our Lord is the only ONE who knows and sees all.He is the One who is glorified,not us.

The Tongues issue should not divide Christians,although it has in the past.We must be focused on bringing other human beings to HIM who paid it all for them,and to make Disciples of all Nations.The signs following our being obedient to Christ may not be fully clear to us all as to how the Lord will DO what He will to draw all Men unto Him.(Women and children as well).

The Signs and Wonders are spiritually discerned in Christ,and I am sure you know that the sacredness of what belongs to God can be realized by every affiliation."Let God be true,and every man a liar." That should be the case for all humanity,because we all err in judgment and are not in 20/20 focus to the complete picture of God,His Kingdom,His Son,His Holy Spirit, and all of which is Holy.

We need to be more tolerant with each other as to the understanding,no one is completely right or completely wrong,there are the gray areas,and the short-sighted views that we inherit from denominations,and upbringings.God is the ONLY ONE who knows everything in 20/20 Vision.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#403529 Nov 19, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM"] We do receive the Precious Blood of Christ. Unfortunately, there are Catholics who don't know or understand their faith. They're on auto-pilot and wind up giving out wrong information. I'm from the old school, pre-Vatican II. The nuns taught us very well. Going to Catholic school, especially back then, made a big difference. Our religious education was more thorough. Even so, we have a responsibility to mature in our faith all through our lives. That requires some effort on our part as we attempt to grow closer to God.
As for the wedding mass you attended, well, yes, you did imply something. You said that she "stepped in an adjacent room....(where she thought she could not be seen by those in the congregation) She turned the chalice up and drink ever last drop that was in it."
As I said, she wasn't trying to "not be seen by those in the congregation". She turned the chalice up and drank every last drop that was in it because she was supposed to. You make it sound like she snuck away to guzzle the wine and got caught, lol! Really, KayMarie, you know better than to do something like that. I've been to a few Protestant weddings in my time, and all I was concerned with was the beauty of the marriage and the happiness of the couple. If you didn't understand what you were seeing, you should have asked someone to explain it. So, now you know. If you have any other questions about the Catholic faith, please feel free to ask any one of us. We'd be happy to help!
**********
"Really, KayMarie, you know better than to do something like that."
Sounds like you are scolding a child...
I didn't 'make it sound' like anything, Regina. Nor did I say that she went into an adjacent room. She simply stepped behind a curtain on the platform, else I would not have seen her. Can't you imagine how out of place it seemed IN A WEDDING? She SHOULD have gone into another room, then there would have been no question raised, and she would not have distracted from the beauty of the ceremony.
KayMarie
Oh, dear, here we go again.

KayMarie, I copied and pasted your quote directly from your post. Please see your post #403459. You said she stepped into an adjacent room.

But, really, does it make any difference? The implication is the same, that she was sneaking wine. Please, I love sharing my faith and am very happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability, but I'd much rather do so for people who sincerely want to understand.
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#403530 Nov 19, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
That was a long time ago but since they are of great interest to you and flat your boat....and you want them told again I will be glad to relate them again..
~~~
The first one's name was Mike ..a retired steel worker..
Mike had lost his first wife and married a lady that was not Catholic..
The Catholic Priest showed up at his door in later years....( after Mike and his wife had raised all their Children in parochial school and Mike had supported and attended the Roman Catholic Church faithfully for years)
The priest informed Mike that he could not have the last rites of the Roman Catholic Church because of his marriage to a evangelical woman.
Mike almost lost his mind...
He left the Roman Catholic Church and turned evangelical for the rest of His life... as did all his family.
If you don't believe this ..that is your problem.....
___
The second Man's name is Fred...
He and his girlfriend were sexually active before marriage
she became pregnant, and having ask the Roman Catholic priest to perform their Marriage..
.He recommended abortion...
The daughter that the priest recommended should have been aborted was
born and is now Married and the wife and Mother of Protestant twins.
I had forgotten about these events ...
but since they are of such interest to you and you brought them up...
The rest of the world will hear about them again.
I will gladly share
these events again any time you prompt me to..
.
I am not saying that you are not relating these stories the way you heard them, but both are problematic.
.
I win't say they could not have happened, as I have heard of more than one priest with mental problems ... we all have, if we have followed the sex scandals ... but no priest who is following the teachings of the Church would have done these things.
.
The sacrament of Anointing of the Sick (what you mistakenly call "Last Rites," just as many Catholics do) can be administered to ANY baptized person in danger of death. Their marital status under Church law is immaterial.
.
Now, if this fellow was not truly in danger of death, but was seriously ill, the priest ought to havehad a talk with him about whether he was willing to take steps to have his marriage blessed. If so, then the priest ought to have offered the Sacrament of Anointing, and encoraged him to begin the process of Anullment.
.
In the case of a priest telling someone to get an abortion ...nope. No way. He'd have to be crazy. That is the ONLY explanation I can think of, as there is NO way under Church Teaching that a priest could consel that as any kind of option.
.
The priest ought to have been reported to his bishop.
.

Rob
.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#403531 Nov 19, 2012
who="LTM"
Baptism In Jesus name only is the United Pentecost Pad.
your right they are the sect that believe your not saved unless you speak in tongues.
I belong to a church that believes in the operation of all the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Like I said before when we worship,and praise God in song or just in worship , I have felt the breathe of God upon my face.
I could feel His Holy Pesents walking among the people, there was a message given in tongue and an interpretation.it was beautiful.
I can tell you I felt like I was drunk in the Holy Spirit when I left after the service.
To fake something like that is not wise but people do, I remember one time just falling down when I was first saved, it was stupid and I still shake my head that I did that.
One time a gentleman pushed me down when I went up for prayer and I went down some stairs I could have been hurt.
I like you have been effected forever because of some false display.

**********
People only counterfeit something that is valuable. Devils attempt to counterfeit/cheapen ANY thing that God does. Some stores now refuse to accept $100 bills because N.Korea is printing counterfeit ones, and they are afraid of getting burnt.

The enemy hopes to cheapen God's work, so that people won't trust Him.
Pride or the opposite, lack of self-esteem, causes some people to try to be "in" on what is popular. They then try to copy-cat spiritual things.

I once had to hold tight to the altar because a man tried to force-ably push me down. I knew that was not right. But I also knew that that man was not my example; nor was his act worth my turning bitter against God.

There IS the REAL THING...

KayMarie
preston

Waverly, OH

#403532 Nov 19, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I most likely missed that post by KayMarie that Jesus spoke in unknow tongues.You are so sure that I read every single post on this forum? I miss many a post,and it is quite a tedious task to try and catch up on everyone of them.
False teaching is not my bag either.No I do not believe for one minute that our Lord Jesus spoke in another tongue as a heavenly language that was given to the Church after Pentecost.But it would not surprise me tthat He being God would know every language known to man,and every language which is spoken in Heaven by the Angels.
KayMarie's understanding of what she must have said to you or someone else concerning Jesus and he speaking in an unknown tongue is guiless,and without the intent on deception or wanting to deceive others.If she made a mistake about Him,He is more than willing to overlook it,as she may realize it at some interval,ask for forgiveness and she will be forgiven.But she should not be vilified or mocked over making an error of that kind.It is harmless to say the least.
We all see in part,and do not have the complete picture,as our Lord is the only ONE who knows and sees all.He is the One who is glorified,not us.
The Tongues issue should not divide Christians,although it has in the past.We must be focused on bringing other human beings to HIM who paid it all for them,and to make Disciples of all Nations.The signs following our being obedient to Christ may not be fully clear to us all as to how the Lord will DO what He will to draw all Men unto Him.(Women and children as well).
The Signs and Wonders are spiritually discerned in Christ,and I am sure you know that the sacredness of what belongs to God can be realized by every affiliation."Let God be true,and every man a liar." That should be the case for all humanity,because we all err in judgment and are not in 20/20 focus to the complete picture of God,His Kingdom,His Son,His Holy Spirit, and all of which is Holy.
We need to be more tolerant with each other as to the understanding,no one is completely right or completely wrong,there are the gray areas,and the short-sighted views that we inherit from denominations,and upbringings.God is the ONLY ONE who knows everything in 20/20 Vision.
sorry PAD, but you are wrong concerning her,( KayMarie's understanding of what she must have said to you or someone else concerning Jesus and he speaking in an unknown tongue is guiless,and without the intent on deception or wanting to deceive others.)she not only used the example of jesus speaking in another tongue, but she mentioned many, many more from the OT which the Gifts of the Holy Ghost was not yet Given since Jesus was not yet crucified(seeJohn 7:39).

BUT GO AHEAD AND MAKE EXCUSES FOR HER.I AM NOT SURPRISED, COMING FROM YOU

I SHOULD GO BACK AND FIND THAT POST AND THEN LET YOU MAKE MORE EXCUSES, BUT I GAVE YOU THE TRUTH, HANDLE IT AS YOU WILL
Pad

Rockford, IL

#403533 Nov 19, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism In Jesus name only is the United Pentecost Pad.
your right they are the sect that believe your not saved unless you speak in tongues.
I belong to a church that believes in the operation of all the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Like I said before when we worship,and praise God in song or just in worship , I have felt the breathe of God upon my face.
I could feel His Holy Pesents walking among the people, there was a message given in tongue and an interpretation.it was beautiful.
I can tell you I felt like I was drunk in the Holy Spirit when I left after the service.
To fake something like that is not wise but people do, I remember one time just falling down when I was first saved, it was stupid and I still shake my head that I did that.
One time a gentleman pushed me down when I went up for prayer and I went down some stairs I could have been hurt.
I like you have been effected forever because of some false display.
Not that we should purposely become shallow with the things of God,but we all have been shallow,careless and when we wake up to the fact as you did in your post,WE Grow,and do not make the same mistake as it were.But our GOD LTM,is a B I G G o d,full of compassion,and ever willing to share His love with us.We cannot always understand the many things connected with worship and practice,but we must make it a point to personally respect the things of God,and to walk with a clear conscience while serving Him.

Our worship includes the dealings of the heart,even though at times God wants us to forget about ourselves,and just ENJOY His P r e s e n c e.I am understanding why there are so many different types of worship,within all the affiliations,and we must respect them all for His Glory,as He is the focus,and when He is that focus,we are as though being x-rayed by His Holy presence.That is the most important part of any worship for US to be laid bare in His presence.

I have a strong respect for the Mass,for the most simple of evangelical services,for the sophisticated worship,the youth free worship,and I know that it is not up to me to decide how to worship God,Thank God for that!LOL.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#403534 Nov 19, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
.
You are mistaken.
.
I don't distribute Holy Communion from the chalice if I do not have a Eucharistic Minister present at mass, and that does happen from timeto time. There are a couple of parishes where we have not yet instituted communion under both species (Consecrated-bread AND consecrated-wine), but those are the exceptions rather thanthe norm.
.
I don't have communion from the cup in Grove, for example, where we just started the Spanish mass about 3 months ago.
.
The problem there (and in any Mexican community) is that it is VERY hard to predict how many present will take Holy Communion.
.
This presents no problem with the Body of Christ, as that which is not consumed may be reserved in the tabernacle, and the the next mass, fewer breads may be consecrated, and what is reserved in the tabernacle is distributed along with that.
.
I try to get down to nearly zero in the tabernacle every week or so, and it usually works out that way.
.
But the Blood of Christ is not reserved this way. It is taken in Holy Communion, and what remains is to be consumed by the Eucharitic ministers, or if in extreme situation, may be poured into the ground (or a sacrorium, ifthe parish has one).
.
When I am really uncertain about how much wine to consecrate so there will not be massive "leftovers" (boy, do I hate saying it that way, but you know what the situation is from that word), what I do instead is consecrate just enough for me to receive, and have communioin for the people only under the form ofthe Body of Christ.
.
This is NOT the idea. The Sign is best expressed under both species, just as the sign of Baptism is best expressed by total immersion, and the sign of reconcilliation is best expressed with the priest vested with alb and stole..
But the ideal does not always happen, and is not always practical.
.
Sometimes, we baptise someone i a hopsital bed, and full immersion is not possible. Sometimes, someone will catch me when I'm running errands, and ask me to hear their confession. One in awhile, it will happen atthe tail-end of an AA meeting, when a Catholic who knows me will ask for the sacrament, and we take a walk aroundte parking lot.
.
Under Catholic theology, the Presence of the Lord in the Eucharist cannot be divided. If I have 3 people still in line, and only 2 Hosts left, I break 1.
.
The people who receive those two halves do not receive "half" the presence of Christ ... the notion is absurd.
.
In a similar way, if one person receives both the Body of Christ and te Blood of Christ, and another only the Body of Christ, BOTH have received the same in terms of the Presense of the Lord.(Yes, the sign was more fully apparent in one case than the other, but the reality BEHIND the sign is fully present in both cases.)
.
It may be that what you heard about Catholics only receivingthe Body of Christ was from before Vatican II ... I'm told that was usual then, but I was born in 1960, and don't remember that, myself.
.
Rob
.
Biblically the bread should be broken in the first place in remembrance .
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#403535 Nov 19, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I said, I don't believe men.
I make my own decisions on belief, unlike what you have chosen to do.
Tell ya what, if you want to continue on this little "witch-hunt" that you seemed to have embarked upon, we can end it here.
Please provide proof to me that the extant books within the Bible have been specifically inspired by "God", and no other books within the Bible are not.
Please provide a citation to show such justification, as well as, contemporary support of the original autographs that those who wrote those books were indeed the Apostles of Jesus.
You want semanitics, I'll give them to you directly. Please continue to do the same, because the more and more you do, it only continues to support my position.
Please be specific as required, so you don't mislead others into some other belief.
BTW - just because you can't justify your belief fully, including the many contradictions you believe, it doesn't mean that you get to pick upon other beliefs, just to steer away from those semantics that show that your belief is bullshite.
It actually shows your insincerity towards others.
.
.

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I utilize men and what they've said.
I don't limit "God" as you have done.
.
*****

Look,*you* are the one who has continually asked posters on the forum "Why do you believe men?" as if this were somehow a mistake, and ine you are somehow "above."
.
But then you post things like this: "I utilize men and what they've said."
.
.
This makes your position obviously absurd (rather that simply easily reasoned to be absurd).
.
Unless God Himself has appeared to you, and told you directly, or handed you a text and said, "Here. I wrotethis out for you myself," then YOU are relying on what some human being or other said or wrote.
.
That is how we understand pretty much ALL of history before the invention of the camera, and much of it since that time.
.
Claiming that someone here accepting canon is "believing men," but that YOU are somehow above that is nothing more than foolishness.
.
All the texts you claim are "sayings of Jesus" come via the testimony of human beings, human beings that the vast majority of Christians did not find credible, or did not find enough support for to declare authoritative.
.
.
And holding you to the same standard to which you continually hold others is not "picking on" your beliefs.
It's called consistency, and you might want to consider giving it a try.
.
Rob
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#403536 Nov 19, 2012
Comments (Page 19,445)

#403507

Preston Wrote:

nor will she be one that lies just to make her point like you do.

here is some more of your speaking in tongues.

as you lied about Jesus speaking in tongues.

mene, mene, tekel, parsin

7TH Day writes:

The above statement is Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.

P.S.

I am not sure the Bible States "UNKOWN TONGUE"
Pad

Rockford, IL

#403537 Nov 19, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>sorry PAD, but you are wrong concerning her,( KayMarie's understanding of what she must have said to you or someone else concerning Jesus and he speaking in an unknown tongue is guiless,and without the intent on deception or wanting to deceive others.)she not only used the example of jesus speaking in another tongue, but she mentioned many, many more from the OT which the Gifts of the Holy Ghost was not yet Given since Jesus was not yet crucified(seeJohn 7:39).
BUT GO AHEAD AND MAKE EXCUSES FOR HER.I AM NOT SURPRISED, COMING FROM YOU
I SHOULD GO BACK AND FIND THAT POST AND THEN LET YOU MAKE MORE EXCUSES, BUT I GAVE YOU THE TRUTH, HANDLE IT AS YOU WILL
I do not have a clue as to what church KayMarie and her husband belong to.And it really does not concern me,as every poster here comes from a different background,and some are not believers at all.

In regards to non-believers,I do not think it is an advantage for us believers to be so against each other. It is not my place to confront Gif and his wife everytime they express their opinions or beliefs as it were.

Jesus spoke in Aramaic as his daily language,I imagine He was able to converse in Latin and Greek.But in His Divinity no language would be a problem to Him.The Scriptures say Jesus quoted Psalm 22:1 and said it in Hebrew,a known tongue.If Kay Marie claims He spoke in an unknown tongue on the Cross,than if she wants,she can share with me why she thinks He did,and I will make a comment to that.

Otherwise,if it is proven that Jesus did not in fact speak in an unknown tongue,and she persists in believing such,she will have to do another study of all 4 gospels and see exactly what Jesus said while suffering for our salvation. No,I do not agree with her,it makes no sense to me that Jesus would be speaking in an unknown tongue,as He could barely talk,and it caused Him much grief to say one word,let alone babble.

Excuses no,understanding through dialogue yes. Calling her a deceiver,or even a liar at this point,no,and I will not call her a liar or a deceiver,but I will disagree with her.Jesus speaking in an unknown tongue on the Cross,and it being a fulfillment of the Pentecostal charismatic gift of unknown tongues,I never heard of nor would I agree with.Is she trying to deceive us? No I do not believe KayMarie is bent on trying to deceive,she most likely believes very strongly that Jesus spoke in an unknown tongue on the cross.Don't worry she will read this post and comment.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#403538 Nov 19, 2012
Comments (Page 19,445)

Michael wrote:

<quoted text>
I try to be nice to everyone, and this is the thanks I get from you?
lol, you have shown yourself to be one of the most obnoxious posters, even

HOJO who likes everyone ,cant stand you.

and I have always tried to stay neutral as far as you are concerned but I

can switch if you prefer, makes no difference to me

7tH dAY WRITES:

UH OH MICHAEL HE IS OFFERING CHANGE LIKE OBAMA NOW.......LOL

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#403539 Nov 19, 2012
who="Pad"I most likely missed that post by KayMarie that Jesus spoke in unknow tongues.You are so sure that I read every single post on this forum? I miss many a post,and it is quite a tedious task to try and catch up on everyone of them.
False teaching is not my bag either.No I do not believe for one minute that our Lord Jesus spoke in another tongue as a heavenly language that was given to the Church after Pentecost.But it would not surprise me tthat He being God would know every language known to man,and every language which is spoken in Heaven by the Angels.
KayMarie's understanding of what she must have said to you or someone else concerning Jesus and he speaking in an unknown tongue is guiless,and without the intent on deception or wanting to deceive others.If she made a mistake about Him,He is more than willing to overlook it,as she may realize it at some interval,ask for forgiveness and she will be forgiven.But she should not be vilified or mocked over making an error of that kind.It is harmless to say the least.
We all see in part,and do not have the complete picture,as our Lord is the only ONE who knows and sees all.He is the One who is glorified,not us.
The Tongues issue should not divide Christians,although it has in the past.We must be focused on bringing other human beings to HIM who paid it all for them,and to make Disciples of all Nations.The signs following our being obedient to Christ may not be fully clear to us all as to how the Lord will DO what He will to draw all Men unto Him.(Women and children as well).
The Signs and Wonders are spiritually discerned in Christ,and I am sure you know that the sacredness of what belongs to God can be realized by every affiliation."Let God be true,and every man a liar." That should be the case for all humanity,because we all err in judgment and are not in 20/20 focus to the complete picture of God,His Kingdom,His Son,His Holy Spirit, and all of which is Holy.
We need to be more tolerant with each other as to the understanding,no one is completely right or completely wrong,there are the gray areas,and the short-sighted views that we inherit from denominations,and upbringings.God is the ONLY ONE who knows everything in 20/20 Vision.

**********
Appreciate your post.

Sorry you missed that post. I mentioned at least three times that the gospel writers mentioned statements that Jesus made, then said, "which IS, being interpreted..."
(1) Ephphatha...that is...BE OPENED
(2)Talitha cumi...which is...little girl arise.
(3)Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani...that is...My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?

All Jesus' other words in red needed no translation.

KayMarie
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#403540 Nov 19, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Comments (Page 19,445)
#403507
Preston Wrote:
nor will she be one that lies just to make her point like you do.
here is some more of your speaking in tongues.
as you lied about Jesus speaking in tongues.
mene, mene, tekel, parsin
7TH Day writes:
The above statement is Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.
P.S.
I am not sure the Bible States "UNKOWN TONGUE"
Except to God.

1 Corinthians 14:2,

"For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man

understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries."
Pad

Rockford, IL

#403541 Nov 19, 2012
Good night and may the Lord richly bless you,and give you His love and mercy,as He cares for your soul,each and everyone of us.I read father Dye's post on the Communion as he both gives and partakes of it,and as a priest what is done in the church to minimize the waste of the Eucharist.Very interesting,and informative.Sleep tight!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min jjustice0981 603,601
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min onemale 263,432
Moses never existed 8 min Khatru 537
gay snapchat 8 min iovannl 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min scaritual 764,402
what the best model of this wrist watches 14 min andet1987 7
Eat a wide variety of foods for a healthy diet 27 min andet1987 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 175,039
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr An NFL Fan 119,237

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE