Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603238 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#403340 Nov 18, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
When you see him, give him a big kiss for all of us!! It was horrible being without power or phone, cold too!
I live "down the shore", very close to the barrier islands. Thank God, I'm just inland enough not to have been affected by flooding from storm surges. But there was a lot of wind damage. The night of the hurricane, I looked out the front door and the sky was lit up with what looked like fireworks...it was transformers exploding. I actually fared pretty well, only minor damage to the house and property. It looks like a mini war zone around here, huge trees are down everywhere, some smashed right through people's homes. The beach communities are devastated. Houses floated right off their foundations. After the flood waters receded, a house was found sitting right in the middle of a major road.
They just started letting residents back on the islands, but only for a few hours at a time and in some places are busing them back and forth. There are lots who were evacuated and now have no place to go, they lost everything. A friend and her husband who live a few miles away have to gut their house. They lost their car, too. The northern counties got hit hard, too, and those in NY are also suffering, especially the Rockaways and Staten Island. Please keep them in your prayers.
Regina,did you have any other source of heat?

I bet it was cold up there.
We had a few really cold nights during that time.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#403341 Nov 18, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="marge"
hey Gif, i'm not quibbling but trying to understand, so in the above verse,==>forbid not to speak with tongues.,<== we're still saying that is for the unbeliever, correct?
Tongues ARE for the unbeliever, but they are also an evidence of the presence of the Holy Spirit to the believer. Peter and other Christians were convinced that God had truly come to the Gentiles when they heard them speak by the Holy Spirit. It greatly increases the faith of the believer when they experience a manifestation of the Holy Spirit.
KayMarie
I believe in the GIFT of speaking in tongues and yes it is still for today. Been a witness to woman singing who mid ways in her song the Holy Spirit caame upon her and you could just see the and felll the glory and glowing shine from her face.
I also know Satan has a conterfiet and there are those who would fake it as well. That is why God allows us to discern the spirits.

1> As far as Preston goes I don't think the SDA believe in tongues for today.

2> I do not believe in OSAS as I believe one can Grieve away the Holy Spirit in which we are sealed unto the day of redemtion.

3> I do believe one should be baptised by water as an act of their faith if at all able. However water baptism thatlead one to be saved is his word and by his blood that he shed for us those who believe are baptise in the Fire and Holy Spirit this is what counts.

4> For these denominations with requiremnets to be a member of their Church is man made. Christ said come as you are !!!

Just adding my stand on speaking in tingues and som eof my beliefs for now.

God Bless
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#403342 Nov 18, 2012
BILLY GRAHAM EVANGELISTIC ASSOCIATION STATEMENT OF FAITH

We at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association believe:

1. the Bible to be the infallible Word of God, that it is His holy and inspired Word, and that it is of supreme and final authority

2. In one God, eternally existing in three
persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

3. Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary. He led a sinless life, took on Himself all our sins, died and rose again, and is seated at the right hand of the
Father as our mediator and advocate

4. That all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, and need to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ through His shed blood on the cross

5. That Christ rose from the dead and is coming soon

6. In holy Christian living, and that we must have concern for the hurts and social needs
of our fellow men

7. We must dedicate ourselves anew to the service of our Lord and to His authority over our
lives

8. In using every effective means of communication available to us to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ throughout the world.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#403343 Nov 18, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I agreed with that verse, no man nor the devil can take a soul away from Jesus, neither are strong enough to take from God.
however in that equation you lose your focus on one thing.
that man or woman can take themself away from God.just as demas did.
So in typical fashion you state that 1. NO MAN can take a soul away from Jesus. AND 2. A MAN CAN take his soul away from Jesus. More jibber jabber from the thread clown.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#403344 Nov 18, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
I could never wish someone to hell.
There is no love in that.
It sends the wrong message to ones who don't know the Lord.
It sets a bad example.
I have never known a deacon that wished someone to hell.
What to you think about someone who claims to be a pastor wishing God to find a place for another pastor to be there ?

Comments (Page 19,264)

Truth wrote:

<quoted text>
And, why would we care what Billy Graham has to say....
He is another false teacher...so you think it is fine to follow a false teacher....come on now...

Preston wrote:

lol, I just got home and the phone rang and it was a telemarketer who had a three question survey that they wanted me to answer.
and the first qustion was about billy graham and what he thought about something and did I agree or disagree, well of course since I cant stand Billy Graham, I hit that I disagreed with him and as soon as I did that, they hung up and I never got to hear the other two questions.

Now I will miss hours of sleep worrying about those other two questions about billy graham.

graham ought tokeep his nose out of politics and I will never forgive him for the ranting that he did against Israel.

May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot community. where the sun never shines.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#403345 Nov 18, 2012
OldJG wrote:
BILLY GRAHAM EVANGELISTIC ASSOCIATION STATEMENT OF FAITH
We at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association believe:
1. the Bible to be the infallible Word of God, that it is His holy and inspired Word, and that it is of supreme and final authority
2. In one God, eternally existing in three
persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
3. Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary. He led a sinless life, took on Himself all our sins, died and rose again, and is seated at the right hand of the
Father as our mediator and advocate
4. That all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, and need to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ through His shed blood on the cross
5. That Christ rose from the dead and is coming soon
6. In holy Christian living, and that we must have concern for the hurts and social needs
of our fellow men
7. We must dedicate ourselves anew to the service of our Lord and to His authority over our
lives
8. In using every effective means of communication available to us to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ throughout the world.
So sad that BILLY GRAHM has been reduced to nothing since he has been judged by PRESTON THE GREAT (wanna be).lol
DANIEL

Bangkok, Thailand

#403346 Nov 18, 2012
Dear Mr. Raghuraman

Having received this email notification regarding purchases
of Gold on the site, I decided to write you in person as a notification,
that I have what you require. Below are the full details of the Gold:

Below are the full details of the Gold:
::::::::::
Kilos Grand: 9kg
Karat : 24
Purity : 98.9
Price :$40,000.00USD per kilo.

I do kindly anticipate your reply for our mutual benefit.

Best Regards:
Daniel E. Edavid
[email protected]
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#403348 Nov 18, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>let me clue you in on something. you got 5 negatives on some of your posts.
that ought to tell you something. people are allowed to have their opinion on a person like graham and my opinion of him matches that of Dr Rice.
he doesnt Preach a message of repentance to Salvation, as those who have listened to him much know.
you arernt hurting me whatsoever, but you aint doing your own cause any good by supporting the likes of oddjg.
who besides a few on here care what you say about me, and if they know what you are really like and what your doctrine is, they would run you off of hee very quickly.
the sda beleive that all of us that worship God on Sunday are going to hell, dont they. sda cultist?
You can't base your opinion on the number of judgies a person gets or we would have to believe that you are NUTS. Oh, wait..........WE DO...lol..........never mind.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#403349 Nov 18, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What Preston said about Graham is wrong to say.wrong ...wrong and wrong
The difference is, Preston isn't arguing with Billy Graham on a personal level.
Old G, is arguing with Preston on a personal level
And Old G wished Preston to eternal Hell.
I see said the blind man. It has to be on a PERSONAL LEVEL !!!

NOT !!!
ROTFLOL
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#403350 Nov 18, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So in typical fashion you state that 1. NO MAN can take a soul away from Jesus. AND 2. A MAN CAN take his soul away from Jesus. More jibber jabber from the thread clown.
This man is the biggest liar I have ever encountered. He will not admit he has lied when presented with the evidence. He also has an accomplice who goes by the name "truth". "truth" would not know the truth if it lived in his living room. These men are cut from the same cloth.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#403351 Nov 18, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So sad that BILLY GRAHM has been reduced to nothing since he has been judged by PRESTON THE GREAT (wanna be).lol
This person is so corrupt it is amazing. He states he is a preacher but will not admit with whom. He may have the gift to preach but cannot find anyone with the gift to listen. LOL LOL
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#403352 Nov 18, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"The point is Anthony, there are no biblical statements that lead to these conclusions. That is not what I would call bible based."
That's your opinion. Many people disagree with you, including many sola scriptura protestant communities.
"I was quite impressed with Rob's post to you, and found much that I could agree with. Seemed quite different that the norm. Not sure he is really in agreement with the catechism But refreshing, none the less."
I'm glad you were impressed. I can't speak for Fr. Dye. I doubt that he agrees with you on baptism, but if he does, it's concerning for me and, I assume, his bishop.
Perhaps you should re-read his post. It sounds to me like we are in near total agreement. Or if you can't tell for sure, simply ask him.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#403353 Nov 18, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>I believe in the GIFT of speaking in tongues and yes it is still for today. Been a witness to woman singing who mid ways in her song the Holy Spirit caame upon her and you could just see the and felll the glory and glowing shine from her face.
I also know Satan has a conterfiet and there are those who would fake it as well. That is why God allows us to discern the spirits.
1> As far as Preston goes I don't think the SDA believe in tongues for today.
2> I do not believe in OSAS as I believe one can Grieve away the Holy Spirit in which we are sealed unto the day of redemtion.
3> I do believe one should be baptised by water as an act of their faith if at all able. However water baptism thatlead one to be saved is his word and by his blood that he shed for us those who believe are baptise in the Fire and Holy Spirit this is what counts.
4> For these denominations with requiremnets to be a member of their Church is man made. Christ said come as you are !!!
Just adding my stand on speaking in tingues and som eof my beliefs for now.
God Bless
Your quote, "2> I do not believe in OSAS as I believe one can Grieve away the Holy Spirit in which we are sealed unto the day of redemtion." End quote.

How can a born again believer and follower of Jesus Christ "grieve away" the Holy Spirit and be sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption at the same time. It does not seem likely.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#403354 Nov 18, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
When you see him, give him a big kiss for all of us!! It was horrible being without power or phone, cold too!
I live "down the shore", very close to the barrier islands. Thank God, I'm just inland enough not to have been affected by flooding from storm surges. But there was a lot of wind damage. The night of the hurricane, I looked out the front door and the sky was lit up with what looked like fireworks...it was transformers exploding. I actually fared pretty well, only minor damage to the house and property. It looks like a mini war zone around here, huge trees are down everywhere, some smashed right through people's homes. The beach communities are devastated. Houses floated right off their foundations. After the flood waters receded, a house was found sitting right in the middle of a major road.
They just started letting residents back on the islands, but only for a few hours at a time and in some places are busing them back and forth. There are lots who were evacuated and now have no place to go, they lost everything. A friend and her husband who live a few miles away have to gut their house. They lost their car, too. The northern counties got hit hard, too, and those in NY are also suffering, especially the Rockaways and Staten Island. Please keep them in your prayers.
Hi Regina I am truly glad to see you are save.
Sandy effected a lot of peoples lives.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#403355 Nov 18, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
That's wonderful Regina.
I pray that things get better real soon for all.
When things like that happen,we get a new perspective.
Little things don't matter like they once did.
I know that happened to me after I lost my son.
I use to worry about little things,
as my Mamaw Partin alway's told me;
"Yer borrowin trouble"
After losing my son,the things that I once thougt was important
were not that important to me anymore.
Isn't that the truth! Losing a child is a lot worse though. Your heart probably aches for him every day. You'll see him again, Karen. You and Mamaw Partin are right, it puts things into perspective. God bless her, may she and your son rest in God's peace.
Clay

United States

#403356 Nov 18, 2012
<quoted text>I see said the blind man. It has to be on a PERSONAL LEVEL !!!
NOT !!!
ROTFLOL
With the subject at hand .. I don't think you should be 'rolling on the floor laughing out loud'!
Anyone who wishes another human being to eternal hell, is sick in the head. Period.
You don't agree?

Well, I wouldn't even wish the cultist clicking ... Johnny come lately Christians- to eternal hell. I love you all..
Whatever idiotic brand of the Roman Catholic Bible YOU choose to accept, is determined to be authoritative... Well ...lets see your credentials,
SDA? Who are you? Why should accept your opinion?

Exactly, get lost. You should not be steering children down some screwed up cult path..
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#403357 Nov 18, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="LTM" Some understand praying in tongues to be a “secret code language” that prevents Satan and his demons from understanding our prayers and thereby gaining an advantage over us. This interpretation is unbiblical for the following reasons: 1) The New Testament consistently describes tongues as a human language. It is unlikely that Satan and his demons are unable to understand human languages. 2) The Bible records countless believers praying in their own language, out loud, with no concern of Satan intercepting the prayer. Even if Satan and/or his demons hear and understand the prayers we pray, they have absolutely no power to prevent God from answering the prayers according to His will. We know that God hears our prayers, and that fact makes it irrelevant whether Satan and his demons hear and understand our prayers.
Acts chapter 2 describes the first occurrence of the gift of tongues. On the day of Pentecost, the apostles spoke in tongues. Acts chapter 2 makes it clear that the apostles were speaking in a human language (Acts 2:6-8). The word translated “tongues” in both Acts chapter 2 and 1 Corinthians chapter 14 is glossa which means “language.” It is the word from which we get our modern English word “glossary.” Speaking in tongues was the ability to speak in a language the speaker does not know, in order to communicate the gospel to someone who does speak that language. In the multicultural area of Corinth, it seems that the gift of tongues was especially valuable and prominent. The Corinthians believers were able to better communicate the gospel and God’s Word as a result of the gift of tongues. However, Paul made it abundantly clear that even in this usage of tongues, it was to be interpreted or “translated”(1 Corinthians 14:13, 27). A Corinthian believer would speak in tongues, proclaiming God’s truth to someone who spoke that language, and then that believer, or another believer in the church, was to interpret what was spoken so that the entire assembly could understand what was said.
gotquestions.com
There is a difference in 'praying in the Spirit'(which Paul says he will do, though he does not understand what he says), and a Holy Ghost message to the church. Many people may be praying in the Spirit, and as their prayer may be personal, it is not necessary to interpret. They speak to God.
When a message is given to the church, it is plain to all that the speaker is addressing the body. This is to be interpreted, and he tells us to pray for the interpretation.(If it be a known language, why should I have to pray for its meaning?) I have witnessed whole congregations falling silent (even babies) when a message of this sort is given. He instructs that no more than three messages of this sort are to be given without an interpretation. Point being that if the Holy Spirit wishes to address the body, it would be rude to continue without seeking the interpretation.
Fifty years ago such manifestations were common. We do not see as much today because we are not 'tarrying' in prayer as they did in the Upper Room. All great revivals of history were a result of people gathering in prayer until they were "endued with power" as Jesus instructed.
KayMarie
Hi KM how are you doing. I agree with the gifts of the Spirit all of them.
I also believe speaking in tongues and the interpretation of tongues is to edify the church.
But as for a bunch of people crying and screaming out in church in jiber as Preston said I don't.
How can this possible be of God no one knows what anyone is saying, and is very disruptive to the body in the Church.
it just looks like a bunch of people escaped from the 999.
I have seen Pastor's behind a pulpit talking in "(HIS PRAYER LANGUAGE)" no one intrerpreted for him, how is the congregation suppose to know what this man says.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#403358 Nov 18, 2012
<quoted text>What to you think about someone who claims to be a pastor wishing God to find a place for another pastor to be there ?
Comments (Page 19,264)
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And, why would we care what Billy Graham has to say....
He is another false teacher...so you think it is fine to follow a false teacher....come on now...
Preston wrote:
lol, I just got home and the phone rang and it was a telemarketer who had a three question survey that they wanted me to answer.
and the first qustion was about billy graham and what he thought about something and did I agree or disagree, well of course since I cant stand Billy Graham, I hit that I disagreed with him and as soon as I did that, they hung up and I never got to hear the other two questions.
Now I will miss hours of sleep worrying about those other two questions about billy graham.
graham ought tokeep his nose out of politics and I will never forgive him for the ranting that he did against Israel.
May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot community. where the sun never shines.
As I said,I could never wish anyone to hell.

I don't want to be in the middle your fussing with others.

I just gave my opinion.

Never fails,I give my opinion and then someone tries to bring me into ther debates.

I just sit here and shake my head at the things I read.

Old G say's he's a Baptist,I am a Missionary Baptist.

When your a Baptist claiming that your living for the Lord,you do not say the things he has been saying,period.

He is suppose to be representing the Baptist faith.

That's not the way we are,I'm sorry.

I'm the least of anyone on here,I'm not perfect,but I could never say the things he say's,especially when he talks nasty.

It's no wonder that when he talks about OSAS that everyone fusses with him.

If he doesn't feel condemned by the things he post,then one has to wonder.

I'm not his judge or anyone elses.

I do know that it's a repentant way.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#403359 Nov 18, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quote, "2> I do not believe in OSAS as I believe one can Grieve away the Holy Spirit in which we are sealed unto the day of redemtion." End quote.
How can a born again believer and follower of Jesus Christ "grieve away" the Holy Spirit and be sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption at the same time. It does not seem likely.
I stand corrected I may have to revaluate my stance on that after reading it again It does not say Grieve Away however we do grieve the Holy Spirit if one continue to live in bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, Stealing, Lying in other words not keeping the commandments of God.
May have to get back to you on that one it really a debate I was trying to avoid.

Ephesians 4

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

31 Let all, be put away from you, with all malice:

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#403360 Nov 18, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina,did you have any other source of heat?
I bet it was cold up there.
We had a few really cold nights during that time.
Yeah, the burners on the stove. I know, I know, it's dangerous, but everybody around here was doing the same thing. It was too darned cold. I think I overdid it at first, the gas fumes were a bit much (lol), so I had to cut back on it, but still.. Then we got that Nor'easter about a week later which dumped a lot of heavy, wet snow and brought down more trees. It was all very apocalyptic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 11 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 3,849
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Catcher1 879,065
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Insults Are Easier 272,882
You want REAL PROOF that God is REAL??! 38 min Doctor REALITY 3
I....LOVE....DR. J. Vernon McGee!!!! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
girls how many gangbangs have you had (Feb '15) 1 hr spelliccia 15
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Doctor Justice_ 8,058
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) Sat i fkedurBeezyanally 279
More from around the web