Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665168 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Fishers, IN

#403537 Nov 19, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>sorry PAD, but you are wrong concerning her,( KayMarie's understanding of what she must have said to you or someone else concerning Jesus and he speaking in an unknown tongue is guiless,and without the intent on deception or wanting to deceive others.)she not only used the example of jesus speaking in another tongue, but she mentioned many, many more from the OT which the Gifts of the Holy Ghost was not yet Given since Jesus was not yet crucified(seeJohn 7:39).
BUT GO AHEAD AND MAKE EXCUSES FOR HER.I AM NOT SURPRISED, COMING FROM YOU
I SHOULD GO BACK AND FIND THAT POST AND THEN LET YOU MAKE MORE EXCUSES, BUT I GAVE YOU THE TRUTH, HANDLE IT AS YOU WILL
I do not have a clue as to what church KayMarie and her husband belong to.And it really does not concern me,as every poster here comes from a different background,and some are not believers at all.

In regards to non-believers,I do not think it is an advantage for us believers to be so against each other. It is not my place to confront Gif and his wife everytime they express their opinions or beliefs as it were.

Jesus spoke in Aramaic as his daily language,I imagine He was able to converse in Latin and Greek.But in His Divinity no language would be a problem to Him.The Scriptures say Jesus quoted Psalm 22:1 and said it in Hebrew,a known tongue.If Kay Marie claims He spoke in an unknown tongue on the Cross,than if she wants,she can share with me why she thinks He did,and I will make a comment to that.

Otherwise,if it is proven that Jesus did not in fact speak in an unknown tongue,and she persists in believing such,she will have to do another study of all 4 gospels and see exactly what Jesus said while suffering for our salvation. No,I do not agree with her,it makes no sense to me that Jesus would be speaking in an unknown tongue,as He could barely talk,and it caused Him much grief to say one word,let alone babble.

Excuses no,understanding through dialogue yes. Calling her a deceiver,or even a liar at this point,no,and I will not call her a liar or a deceiver,but I will disagree with her.Jesus speaking in an unknown tongue on the Cross,and it being a fulfillment of the Pentecostal charismatic gift of unknown tongues,I never heard of nor would I agree with.Is she trying to deceive us? No I do not believe KayMarie is bent on trying to deceive,she most likely believes very strongly that Jesus spoke in an unknown tongue on the cross.Don't worry she will read this post and comment.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#403538 Nov 19, 2012
Comments (Page 19,445)

Michael wrote:

<quoted text>
I try to be nice to everyone, and this is the thanks I get from you?
lol, you have shown yourself to be one of the most obnoxious posters, even

HOJO who likes everyone ,cant stand you.

and I have always tried to stay neutral as far as you are concerned but I

can switch if you prefer, makes no difference to me

7tH dAY WRITES:

UH OH MICHAEL HE IS OFFERING CHANGE LIKE OBAMA NOW.......LOL

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#403539 Nov 19, 2012
who="Pad"I most likely missed that post by KayMarie that Jesus spoke in unknow tongues.You are so sure that I read every single post on this forum? I miss many a post,and it is quite a tedious task to try and catch up on everyone of them.
False teaching is not my bag either.No I do not believe for one minute that our Lord Jesus spoke in another tongue as a heavenly language that was given to the Church after Pentecost.But it would not surprise me tthat He being God would know every language known to man,and every language which is spoken in Heaven by the Angels.
KayMarie's understanding of what she must have said to you or someone else concerning Jesus and he speaking in an unknown tongue is guiless,and without the intent on deception or wanting to deceive others.If she made a mistake about Him,He is more than willing to overlook it,as she may realize it at some interval,ask for forgiveness and she will be forgiven.But she should not be vilified or mocked over making an error of that kind.It is harmless to say the least.
We all see in part,and do not have the complete picture,as our Lord is the only ONE who knows and sees all.He is the One who is glorified,not us.
The Tongues issue should not divide Christians,although it has in the past.We must be focused on bringing other human beings to HIM who paid it all for them,and to make Disciples of all Nations.The signs following our being obedient to Christ may not be fully clear to us all as to how the Lord will DO what He will to draw all Men unto Him.(Women and children as well).
The Signs and Wonders are spiritually discerned in Christ,and I am sure you know that the sacredness of what belongs to God can be realized by every affiliation."Let God be true,and every man a liar." That should be the case for all humanity,because we all err in judgment and are not in 20/20 focus to the complete picture of God,His Kingdom,His Son,His Holy Spirit, and all of which is Holy.
We need to be more tolerant with each other as to the understanding,no one is completely right or completely wrong,there are the gray areas,and the short-sighted views that we inherit from denominations,and upbringings.God is the ONLY ONE who knows everything in 20/20 Vision.

Appreciate your post.

Sorry you missed that post. I mentioned at least three times that the gospel writers mentioned statements that Jesus made, then said, "which IS, being interpreted..."
(1) Ephphatha...that is...BE OPENED
(2)Talitha cumi...which is...little girl arise.
(3)Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani...that is...My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?

All Jesus' other words in red needed no translation.

KayMarie
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#403540 Nov 19, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Comments (Page 19,445)
Preston Wrote:
nor will she be one that lies just to make her point like you do.
here is some more of your speaking in tongues.
as you lied about Jesus speaking in tongues.
mene, mene, tekel, parsin
7TH Day writes:
The above statement is Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.
P.S.
I am not sure the Bible States "UNKOWN TONGUE"
Except to God.

1 Corinthians 14:2,

"For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man

understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries."
Pad

Fishers, IN

#403541 Nov 19, 2012
Good night and may the Lord richly bless you,and give you His love and mercy,as He cares for your soul,each and everyone of us.I read father Dye's post on the Communion as he both gives and partakes of it,and as a priest what is done in the church to minimize the waste of the Eucharist.Very interesting,and informative.Sleep tight!
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#403542 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>Biblically the bread should be broken in the first place in remembrance .
Yes.There is a large piece with which this is done very publicly. This is called the Fraction Rite.
That would be the ideal for all of them, but not as practical. I suppose you could argue that it was "broken" by the stamping machine, but I din't really like that idea, and I don't know that that was done after baking, in any case.
The CDF is stricter than the Jews as to what constitutes "unleavened bread," insisting that we have 0% leaven, which makes producing a loaf not especially easy.
I would prefer we use the fairly simple "unleavened bread" many Jews do (strictly speaking, it usually has a tiny amount, not that they decided to "add only a small amount, but that they would have a small mass of dough which they NORMALLY would have added some "more" yeast to, but in the case of the Passover bread, they did not ADD any more. With this type of bread, you can tear it, and get few crumbs.(Think of a soft wheat-flour tortilla, and you will be pretty close to what I mean. We're not supposed to be using that, unfortunately.)
Being no baker, I may not truly understand this. I am only going by my best understanding of what one or two professors said about theorized baking practices among the Jews at the time of the Exodus.
I once had to celebrate mass using Wonder Bread.(I was horrified, but I wasn't going to cancel mass for the scouts just because *I* had failed to pick up the bag of communion breads off the back seat, when I transferred all the mass supplies from my little rollerskate car into the SUV.
Was that mass was technically breaking the rules, in some ways, I think the sign of the Eucharist was better expressed that in most masses, as EVERY piece of Holy Communion was quite obviously torn from a larger piece, and this IS the idea expression of the sign.
Still. Wonder Bread. Yuck.
I may miss Twinkies and Orange CupCakes, but I am sort of glad Wonder Bread is going away... ;-)
Rob
Pad

Fishers, IN

#403543 Nov 19, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Pad"I most likely missed that post by KayMarie that Jesus spoke in unknow tongues.You are so sure that I read every single post on this forum? I miss many a post,and it is quite a tedious task to try and catch up on everyone of them.
False teaching is not my bag either.No I do not believe for one minute that our Lord Jesus spoke in another tongue as a heavenly language that was given to the Church after Pentecost.But it would not surprise me tthat He being God would know every language known to man,and every language which is spoken in Heaven by the Angels.
KayMarie's understanding of what she must have said to you or someone else concerning Jesus and he speaking in an unknown tongue is guiless,and without the intent on deception or wanting to deceive others.If she made a mistake about Him,He is more than willing to overlook it,as she may realize it at some interval,ask for forgiveness and she will be forgiven.But she should not be vilified or mocked over making an error of that kind.It is harmless to say the least.
We all see in part,and do not have the complete picture,as our Lord is the only ONE who knows and sees all.He is the One who is glorified,not us.
The Tongues issue should not divide Christians,although it has in the past.We must be focused on bringing other human beings to HIM who paid it all for them,and to make Disciples of all Nations.The signs following our being obedient to Christ may not be fully clear to us all as to how the Lord will DO what He will to draw all Men unto Him.(Women and children as well).
The Signs and Wonders are spiritually discerned in Christ,and I am sure you know that the sacredness of what belongs to God can be realized by every affiliation."Let God be true,and every man a liar." That should be the case for all humanity,because we all err in judgment and are not in 20/20 focus to the complete picture of God,His Kingdom,His Son,His Holy Spirit, and all of which is Holy.
We need to be more tolerant with each other as to the understanding,no one is completely right or completely wrong,there are the gray areas,and the short-sighted views that we inherit from denominations,and upbringings.God is the ONLY ONE who knows everything in 20/20 Vision.
Appreciate your post.
Sorry you missed that post. I mentioned at least three times that the gospel writers mentioned statements that Jesus made, then said, "which IS, being interpreted..."
(1) Ephphatha...that is...BE OPENED
(2)Talitha cumi...which is...little girl arise.
(3)Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani...that is...My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
All Jesus' other words in red needed no translation.
KayMarie
Being interpreted from either Hebrew or Aramaic,as the New Testament was written in Greek,those words would be foreign to the Greek,but are KNOWN languages,and interpreted by the Apostles who wrote them to an audience who must be able to speak Greek,but do not understand Aramaic or Hebrew.

I have to go,thank you KayMarie for the response.Will get back to you another time.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#403544 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>Biblically the bread should be broken in the first place in remembrance .
yes, nice insite.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#403545 Nov 19, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I utilize men and what they've said.
I don't limit "God" as you have done.
Look,*you* are the one who has continually asked posters on the forum "Why do you believe men?" as if this were somehow a mistake, and ine you are somehow "above."
But then you post things like this: "I utilize men and what they've said."
This makes your position obviously absurd (rather that simply easily reasoned to be absurd).
Unless God Himself has appeared to you, and told you directly, or handed you a text and said, "Here. I wrotethis out for you myself," then YOU are relying on what some human being or other said or wrote.
That is how we understand pretty much ALL of history before the invention of the camera, and much of it since that time.
Claiming that someone here accepting canon is "believing men," but that YOU are somehow above that is nothing more than foolishness.
All the texts you claim are "sayings of Jesus" come via the testimony of human beings, human beings that the vast majority of Christians did not find credible, or did not find enough support for to declare authoritative.
And holding you to the same standard to which you continually hold others is not "picking on" your beliefs.
It's called consistency, and you might want to consider giving it a try.
Rob
'Look,*you* are the one who has continually asked posters on the forum "Why do you believe men?" as if this were somehow a mistake, and ine you are somehow "above."'
- I do, and how many answers haver you seen with honesty be posted? Look deeper padre for the meaning.
- Why should I believe men?
- What do these men have that I do not have?
- Am I not worthy of "God", if they are?
- If not, what did those indidvuals do that caused them to be superior?
- Can I achieve that 'superiority'?
- How do I do this?

Self - padre, it's all about what YOU can do to see that kingdom?

Now, why do you believe men?

Be honest. That will tell me if you really believe in anything.

"Claiming that someone here accepting canon is "believing men," but that YOU are somehow above that is nothing more than foolishness."
- Not only believing me, but believe 3rd generation men. Don't tell me you never heard of or even played the "Telephone Game". Because you know as well as I do, this is all you have to go on, when >>oral tradition<< occurs.
- Only when it is is written, do the words get changed again.
- Foolishness? Nah - just knowing that if I live my life in peace, kindness, and love, that I won't have to deal with the 'enemies' that you think may exist. One can be 'one with God', if one allows it. It does not require a ritual, a group, or even some Sunday at bingo in the gym.

Again, we've arrived at Self, at the choices we get to make in any given moment.

'Utilize men' is to to learn from them and hopefully, if you are paying attention, you can make yourself a better person. You should know this padre. Take advantage of it, but remember where it originates from - Spirit [Self], and you will learn to understand that which is within us, that will bring any salvation.

"All the texts you claim are "sayings of Jesus" come via the testimony of human beings, human beings that the vast majority of Christians did not find credible, or did not find enough support for to declare authoritative."
- men choosing what other men are to believe. Yes you are correct.
- Why do you think these men did this? Why did they let other people make the decision to believe what they wanted?
- Where is "God's approval" of this? A: only in men.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#403546 Nov 19, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, dear, here we go again.
KayMarie, I copied and pasted your quote directly from your post. Please see your post #403459. You said she stepped into an adjacent room.
But, really, does it make any difference? The implication is the same, that she was sneaking wine. Please, I love sharing my faith and am very happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability, but I'd much rather do so for people who sincerely want to understand.
LOL..Regina good to see you are ok.:-) Yea she most certainly did impy very smugly. I dont recall the exact words, but wasn't she supposedly hiding behind a curtain originally where she thought she couldnt be seen? ROTFL Nothing implied there at all. Now she just stepped into an adjacent room. ;0
truth

Queens Park, Australia

#403547 Nov 19, 2012
leader=where?

in bigining is word

life=a ''nkh''
speak with me
aske meeee ''?''
sram te bolo=shame of you
Is that nice=noooooooo
then
you read ''svi se izopacise nema nikog da se moli=everyone sin nobody pray proper..
izopacise=word naopako updidedown
sram=mars
you leader speking with you
o Creator of Heaven and earth HEAVEN=NEVA E H
SRAM=MARS

''MARS''
25 3=BE BLESS
25 3 1963
123''4'' 56 ''7''''8'' 9
''4''=MARS

''i am way truth and light''

Who is on my place they know how much they are corupt?

I don't have choose just wrote here simple like that.
truth

Queens Park, Australia

#403548 Nov 19, 2012
liars and evil satanic people try say as well stay on Creator placeeeeeee
after all they don't liked themself..corupt world evil..
truth

Queens Park, Australia

#403549 Nov 19, 2012
Marsh you know where p..........
your beginning=where are you from..

MARS
MARSH YOU KNOW WHEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
truth

Queens Park, Australia

#403550 Nov 19, 2012
http://www.google.com.au/search...

then ivan look land without water

koliko ste mi jada zadali meni mojoj dusi zar moram sve pretrpiti..
jao

glava me boli od vas

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh
truth

Queens Park, Australia

#403552 Nov 19, 2012
and John see land without water..
MARS

go go go go up up up up up

Since: Nov 08

usa

#403555 Nov 20, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics have been indoctrinated to believe that they never question their church. To question any church teachings, to question any priest/bishop/cardinal/pope is questioning GOD.
We know just reading the posts from the catholics on here that they spend much of their lives in fear. They lash out at anyone who brings forth credable information about their church or its leaders that shows wrong doings.
Its very sad,
your right,it is a sad sight to see,if there was/is a true church you would not have to live in fear of it,or be afraid of physical abuse if you speak out against something the church does that you disagree with.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#403556 Nov 20, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
These pro-protestant history distortions of yours are ALL BOGUS "personal opinionated" (spam) that are laced with anti-catholic heresy from Protestant sources---atheists deniers---and agnostics antagonists!..... These Church History myths and legends that you keep "digging up" are so "blown up and out of proportion", that it is just "another one of your attempts" to "undermine the TRUTH of TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH HISTORY!.....The fact is jethro8---I KNOW IT ----and every Catholic on this forum and anywhere around the world KNOWS IT!! Go find "some else" to (swallow) the distorted, twisted and perverted history mythology that bible only Protestants have become (experts) at "making up" and "exaggerating" ..Sola Scriptura "Church history fiction" is what keeps your "bible only boat" from sinking into oblivion and obscurity...... Condemning, judging and attacking the HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL PROVEN and VERIFIABLE TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One TRUE Catholic Church, is the "one and only" DESPERATE HOPE you have remaining in your "ammunition bag" using lies, deceit and exaggerated gossip!!...Keep fishing Jethro8!--You still continue to "catch nothing"!!
the history i post does not come from protestant web sites,as i said many times,i use history of the world.com ,encyclopedia britanica,religions of the world (this book covers all religions) mysteries of the bible,documentories made for T.V. on the books of the bible,and the books that were left out,which i heavily disagree with,all should be included,but men decided what was considered truly a holy book or not,how does one know which is which if you were not present at the time events took place,the new testament is all hearsay books. and again NO ONE can claim with absolute validity of being the true church unless you have a passage where jesus states a name of his church and it does not exist,he simply states "MY CHURCH" that is true historical fact. all churches are creations of ordinary men,who use gods word for profit and political power only.
Clay

Denver, CO

#403557 Nov 20, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, nice insite.
The bread is broken.
So its not a "nice insight".
Clay

Denver, CO

#403558 Nov 20, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the history i post does not come from protestant web sites,as i said many times,i use history of the world.com ,encyclopedia britanica,religions of the world (this book covers all religions) mysteries of the bible,documentories made for T.V. on the books of the bible,and the books that were left out,which i heavily disagree with,all should be included,but men decided what was considered truly a holy book or not,how does one know which is which if you were not present at the time events took place,the new testament is all hearsay books. and again NO ONE can claim with absolute validity of being the true church unless you have a passage where jesus states a name of his church and it does not exist,he simply states "MY CHURCH" that is true historical fact. all churches are creations of ordinary men,who use gods word for profit and political power only.
Only one Church can trace themselves to the upper room at Pentecost.
Its very clear the hierarchy never dissolved since then.
Bishops, Priests and Deacons were organized and ordained by the Apostles. This is the Church that Jesus Christ Himself started.

You said "all churches were started by ordinary men"

Not the Catholic Church. If so, who was the guy who started it?
Every single Protestant sect can be traced to some guy or girl.(thousands in the last century alone).
The Catholic Church has one founder. Jesus.

Interesting stat: do you know the Church existed for 70 yrs before the books of the New Testament were entirely written? The Church was functioning before the Apostle Paul wrote a single letter.
And..
The Church functioned for the next 300 yrs before the letters of Paul would be considered inspired by the Holy Spirit!
You can't deny this history.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#403559 Nov 20, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one Church can trace themselves to the upper room at Pentecost.
Its very clear the hierarchy never dissolved since then.
Bishops, Priests and Deacons were organized and ordained by the Apostles. This is the Church that Jesus Christ Himself started.
You said "all churches were started by ordinary men"
Not the Catholic Church. If so, who was the guy who started it?
Every single Protestant sect can be traced to some guy or girl.(thousands in the last century alone).
The Catholic Church has one founder. Jesus.
Interesting stat: do you know the Church existed for 70 yrs before the books of the New Testament were entirely written? The Church was functioning before the Apostle Paul wrote a single letter.
And..
The Church functioned for the next 300 yrs before the letters of Paul would be considered inspired by the Holy Spirit!
You can't deny this history.
Wrong again Clay.

The "Church" you speak of was a Jewish sect for about the first 70 years. They worshiped in temples and prayed as Jews. No one thought Jesus was God. That would have been a BIG no-no for the Jews.

(We know this from Jewish writings of the day.)

After the fall off the Temple (when Christian Jews waited for Jesus to return as he promised), it wasn't so cool to be Jewish in the Roman world. The first Gospel was written and the Jewish term "son of God" took on a completely new meaning.

Sorry your faith requires so many easily verifiable lies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 10 min Seentheotherside 457
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min Scaritual 87,943
Renzenberger : STEALING MILLIONS from their dri... (Feb '15) 39 min rocko 44
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 284,496
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr karl44 977,199
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 619,170
isibumbu esimnandi (Feb '15) 2 hr Allstylz 12
The Future of Politics in America 21 hr Insults Are Easier 176
More from around the web