Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665182 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#402953 Nov 17, 2012
orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Wiley. Your consorting with your Roman friends again....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YIPr23xyoZgXX&feature=rel ated
They spoon feed him enough to stroke his EGO and then laugh at him behind his back and he is to stupid to realize it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#402954 Nov 17, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>REDEEM: to buy back; to free from penalty or harm; to remove debt by ransom; These are ALL things that Jesus did. Don't understand what your point is. Please explain.
You said there's absolutely nothing attached to God's free gift of salvation. If that's the case, why aren't we all automatically saved? Isn't my simple existance enough? Doesn't God put ANY qualifacations on my receiving this free gift? If so, it's really just a matter of determining what those conditions are. You say one thing, we say it's more.

Our position is that Christ's sacrifice redeemed mankind. It made POSSIBLE the salvation of everyone...but we have free will, we need to choose to accept it. It didn't automatically guarantee everyone's salvation.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#402955 Nov 17, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry Robert, but your words still elude me.
I dont beleive in ONE repentance for ever, that is OSAS type teaching.
i believe that when a person repents, they will come to the Lord, but that doesnt mean that down the road, shoot maybe even that same day, they might slip or make a mistake and then will come to that knowledge and ask God for Forgivenes for that ONE sin.
but that doesnt mean that they lost their Salvation. for John wrote that if we err, we do have that advocate that we can go to and that advocate is Jesus Christ.
however even after they get saved and wish to stay in that sinful stage that God took them out of, they are in danger of hell fire.
some dont like my attitude but that is what I believe in and i try to stay true to my convictions.many years ago, I was helping out a friend who was sick and i preached at his church, and some of the members wanted this woman preacher to come and preach, and i told them that if she stepped in that pulpit, I wouldnt ever Preach there again, that when she got in it, it would be polluted, and i meant it. she left her husband and had an affair with her sisters husband, later to marry him. so it was said to me that God can forgive her and I agreed, but I then quoted the Scripture that we can not continue in sin that Grace may abound.
so she was not invited but boy did she hear about the stand that I took.lol.
there just aint no compromise in me when it comes to His Word.
preston

I think you know more about OSAS matters than I do. I have not investigated them thoroughly, as it was not part of my religous indoctrination as a Methodist, nor has it been a part of my experience afterward.(Note: Methodism back in the 1950s was quite a bit different than now.)

However, in the past, I think you link OSAS with Calvin's doctrine of predestination....And this does make sense to me.

After thinking about it a bit more last night, I got a bit more symbolic, so here goes...lol

OSAS(Once Saved Always Saved)
ORAR(Once Repentant Always Repentant)

The coin is called Predestination. Heads is OSAS, tails is ORAR.

Also,

I think what we need to do is seperate out terms....
(OA) Once and Always, is a term, exclusive to Jesus Christ, his death and resurrection.

Being (S) Saved, depends upon accepting Christ, through faith.
Being (R) Repentant, is a changing of one's mind, through humility.
marge

Maple Grove, MN

#402956 Nov 17, 2012
Little over three hours and my youngest will be married!
Non Gentile Moshe

London, UK

#402957 Nov 17, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
No need for political correctness.
Why not listen to the words of Jesus concerning His death..
He said
Joh 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and
---> I lay down my life for the sheep.<---
Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
Joh 10:17
---> Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.<---
Joh 10:18 ===> No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. <===
The answer is so simple...WHY DO YOU MAKE IT COMPLEX?
AGAIN JESIS SAID
Joh_12:27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
JESUS TOLD PILATE
Joh_18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king.
To this end was I born,
and
for this cause came I into the world,
that I should bear witness unto the truth.
Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
Have you seen a shepherd dying for sheep?
His job is to save them and send them off for slaughter later!
Shepherd is supposed to GUIDE and PROTECT and not to die.
Have you ever heard of a "father" who wants his son to commit suicide?
This is about Pagan rituals, suicide, human sacrifice, eating human flesh and drinking human blood.
Very sick cult
Non Gentile Moshe

London, UK

#402958 Nov 17, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
HERE IS WHAT THE APOSTLE PETER SAID ABOUT THE DEATH OF JESUS.
Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
(NOTE HERE WHAT THE APOSTLES SAID ABOUT DAVID..)
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that
-->he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.<--
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
(NOTE DAVID IS NOT IN HEAVEN,... NEITHER IS MARY OR THE ROMAN CATHOLIC SAINTS)
Act 2:34 --> For David is not ascended into the heavens:<-- but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Acts has nothing to do with Non Gentile Jewish Jesus.
Acts comes about to promote a cult to gentiles.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#402959 Nov 17, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
So the serpent in the Garden was a snake? You call yourself a pastor?
At that time he wasn't slithering around on the ground eating the dust of the earth for sure and he is till on the prowl today the Serpent that Old Dragon known as Satan because he was cast down out of Paradise as well.
paraphrasing here
Orville

Portland, OR

#402960 Nov 17, 2012
THE EAGLES - "The Last Resort"....

I chose this because the lyrics are so true.

Brilliantly written as it confronts Corporate Churchianity and American culture.

&fe ature=related

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#402961 Nov 17, 2012
who="DayStorm"It is a faithful saying: and these things I will have thee affirm constantly: that they, who believe in God, may be careful to excel in good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.[9] But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law. For they are unprofitable and vain.[10] A man that is a heretic, after the first and second admonition, avoid:[Titus 3:10][Latin]
Douay Rheims Version
The Protestants are heretics

Didn't you read your own post? Avoid...

KM
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#402962 Nov 17, 2012
Stephen Browning wrote:
Since the agreement of the late Pope Paul VI
and the then Greek Orthodox Patriarch Anthogoras allowing Roman Carholics to
attend a Greek Orthodox Church and to
participate in the Greek Orthodox Liturgy
on Sundays providing a Roman Catholic
Church is not available; would this acknowledge
that the Greek Orthodox Church is the only
other true Church besides the Roman Catholic?
“Because these Churches, although separated, have true sacraments and above all – because of the apostolic succession – the priesthood and the Eucharist, by means of which they remain linked to us by very close bonds”[13], they merit the title of “particular or local Churches”[14], and are called sister Churches of the particular Catholic Churches.[15]

“It is through the celebration of the Eucharist of the Lord in each of these Churches that the Church of God is built up and grows in stature”.[16]

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregatio...

Location hidden

#402963 Nov 17, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the speech on Calvin? Did Calvin write the book of Romans? Didn't the Apostle Paul write the book of Romans by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit? Placing your ignorance aside can somebody actually tell us what the Bible is saying in the following verses?
Romans 8:29, "For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." Romans 8:30, "Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified."(NKJV)
Romans 8:29, "For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn* among many brothers and sisters." Romans 8:30, "And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory." (NLT)
OLDJG

In Romans 8:29, 30 both verses, have the word "predestined". The word used by Paul in the Greek, which we call predestined is "proorizo"

Proorizo is made up of two words...Pro and horizo, which we might recognize as meaning "before horizon", or "pre-limits". But that is a bit difficult to understand in the verse. So from a spiritual perspective it would be easier to use the phrase, "pre-determine limits".

In short, God foreknew, and God pre-determined the limits the image of his Son in verse 29,

Verse 30 God pre-determined the limits of those He also called.

Our use of the word predestination is far from the meaning of Paul in this verse, and is lost in the older English....

Location hidden

#402964 Nov 17, 2012
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
What do these verses tell us?
Romans 8:29, "For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Romans 8:30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified."
<quoted text>
Your answer is lacking but your ignorance remains obvious.
OLDG

I just answered this....The problem lies in the word used by Paul, "proorizo", which we have as predestined. The word "proorizo"
actually is better translated in modern English to "pre-determined limits".

#402965 Nov 17, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
All my research (and I DID research it) shows that the Catholic Church is true to the word of God in every angle possible.
You say they are not. How do you come to this conclusion?
Remember, deliberate ignorance and deceit is a sin. So please don't do it just for the sake of proving Catholicism as 'against the true word of God'. Truth shows they are right and always has been. Truth shows you came along a bit late in the game, to introduce a different teaching about scripture.
The Roman Catholic Church ...be it ever so researched is not GOD

and your deliberate effort to superimpose it as God ...Just does not cut it...

The track record of said... Church is paved with the blood of the untold millions.... that have been murdered by its blood thirsty popes over the centuries.

It is my expectations that all the ill gotten gain that has been amassed in it's coffers, from the confiscated property of those it has murdered will have to be drained and dolled out to the victims of its sodomizes and perverts.

I do not see how any one in their right mind would attach themselves to such a religious atrocity...and call it GOD'S ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH..

TO PROPAGATE SUCH PROPAGANDA ....IS A SLANDER TOWARD THE ATTRIBUTES OF OUR LOVING GOD.

Location hidden

#402966 Nov 17, 2012
preston wrote:
I couldnt beleive this when i first read it but it makes sense.romney got a deferment because he was a mormon and supposedly a minister.
It’s rather well-known by now amongst those who care for matters political that Mitt Romney conveniently received a Vietnam War deferment for Mormon missionary work in Paris, France. This detail wouldn’t be so interesting if it were not for Romney’s pro-Vietnam war position activities in 1968, in which he staged a counter-protest to demonstrations against Stanford University’s draft-status tests.
Indeed, if he was so gung-ho about the anti-communist effort in Vietnam, why didn’t he simply bypass the draft and enlist? For Romney, religion was a convenient shelter. He was not ultimately interested in the blood and gore of battle but in the wars launched by men in boardrooms against other companies and, indeed, common people.
So it is with some wonder that a recent poll indicates Romney enjoys wide support from military veterans.
According to a Gallup poll, veterans account for 13% of the U.S. population, though it is mostly comprised of older men.“U.S. veterans… support Mitt Romney over Barack Obama for president by 58% to 34%, while nonveterans give Obama a four-percentage-point edge,” reports Gallup, which added,“Those younger than 50 are roughly as likely to support Romney as are those 60 and older.”
Perhaps the current veteran support for Romney is simply a function of many military folk traditionally voting Republican. The GOP is quite open about a robust defense budget, which signals (at least symbolically) no shortage of work for warriors. However, one is left wondering if the GOP’s penchant for war-making ever enters the veteran thought process. And when one considers the fact that President Obama has hardly cut the defense budget — indeed, he has maintained it — the bafflement only grows.
What veterans must see in Mitt Romney,{{{a draft dodger who received three academic deferments after the gift of his religion,}}} would be a source of curiosity if it were not so damned discouraging. Nothing in his personal and business biography indicates any sort of comparable life experience with the average veteran. But this is the version of America hatched from that acting hack Ronald Reagan. The genius of his method — and it was an acting method — is to adopt a role and project an image of success (financial and economic prosperity) that so stupefies an audience (voting population) that reason is rendered a mental after-thought
BOY IF I HAD KNOWN THAT, I WOULDNT HAVE VOTED FOR HIM. OOPS, NEVER MIND , I DIDNT VOTE FOR THAT LOSER ANYHOW.
preston

Are you trying to give me buyer's regret...,Lol?

#402967 Nov 17, 2012
who="Non Gentile Moshe"

Another Jew who denies the Jewish Messiah, and fights against His church?

The Troubles of Jacob await those who reject Him.

But HE is loving and merciful, and will save the Jews. Just like Jesus, Who prayed for those who drove nails in His hands...

KayMarie

#402968 Nov 17, 2012
Non Gentile Moshe wrote:
<quoted text>
You only speak from the limitations of you understanding of God's plan of redemption...for both JEWS AND GENTILES...

You are a product of the words of God in Isaiah chapter six in the Old Testament..

God said to your prophet Isaiah..Chapter six...

Isa 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Isa 6:9 And he said,

-->Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.<--

Isa 6:10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Isa 6:11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,

Isa 6:12 And the LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.

Isa 6:13 But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.

___

According to your own Prophet Zechariah

Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications:

and

they shall look upon me/JESUS whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him/JESUS, as one mourneth for his only son,

and shall be in bitterness for him/JESUS, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

THIS PROPHECY WILL ULTIMATELY BE FULFILLED AND YOU JEWS WILL ACCEPT JESUS....

GOD'S WORD SAYS SO IN YOUR OWN TANACH.

#402969 Nov 17, 2012
who="Non Gentile Moshe"
Have you seen a shepherd dying for sheep?
His job is to save them and send them off for slaughter later!
Shepherd is supposed to GUIDE and PROTECT and not to die.
Have you ever heard of a "father" who wants his son to commit suicide?
This is about Pagan rituals, suicide, human sacrifice, eating human flesh and drinking human blood.
Very sick cult

Non-Gentile: Your earthly 'logic' just doesn't fit here. Your ancestors regularly sacrificed, and ATE sheep. The pattern was laid down for OUR later understanding of how that we are preserved eternally. The Father used an earthly body, which HE had created, for the purpose of pouring out Himself to us.
No one ATE His body. It remains more perfect than the flesh He wore while here.
You don't eat or breathe anything that does not come from Him. HE IS OUR LIFE. His Spirit ministers real life to those who accept His offering. "I am come to give them life, and that more abundantly."
You should meet Him...real JOY! Real LIFE!

KayMarie

KayMarie

Location hidden

#402970 Nov 17, 2012
OldJG wrote:
Page 4 of 5
If you could lose your salvation, you would have to do the following five (5) things:
4. IV. UNCIRCUMCISE your heart - REATTACH your soul and flesh.
Rom 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
Col 2:11-12 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
a. According to the above verses, when you were saved God cut your soul loose from your body so the Holy Spirit can indwell you.(Romans 8:9) The sins you commit are applied to your flesh and not your soul like they were before you were saved. That's the reason you can't lose your salvation.
What if you SIN one time.
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it (heaven) any thing that defileth,
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
a. How many sins would it take to lose salvation? ONE!
So no one can live sinless, unless it's his body that's sinning and the body won't be saved until the Rapture. So the only way to stay saved is for your soul and spirit to be separate from your flesh.
OLDJG

You left out a couple ways of loosing salvation

One is blaspheming the Holy Spirit, which includes despair, presumption, resisting truth, impenitence, obstinancy. Basically, rejecting the Holy Spirit.

Under certain circumstances suicide....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#402971 Nov 17, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
"Speaking in Tongues" is greatly misunderstood. It originated with Jesus telling the Apostles that when it came to them speaking in foreign languages when preaching to others they'd have no trouble - the languages would just come naturally to them. It has become greatly abused and is nothing but senseless babble. It may even have a lot to do with the Tower of Babble; I've read something about that also. So much superstition in the RCC! It's nothing more than jibberish brought on by religious hysteria - anyone can work themselves up to fever pitch. I can't believe some people actually think the Holy Ghost is speaking through them by such means; the entire concept is ridiculous. Oh well, some people just want (or need) to cling to this stuff. What bothers me the most is that they pass this misinformation onto their children. I only hope their kids are smarter and more sensible than they themselves are as I feel the children are harmed by such nonsense.
Yes, it is nonsense....

There is NO speaking in tongues today...

Speaking in tongues had a special purpose.....they have CEASED!

Christians are to be RULED by "the Word of God which lives and abides forever," not their emotions, letting their emotions get the best of them.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#402972 Nov 17, 2012
OldJG wrote:
II Timothy 4:9-10, 9 "Be diligent to come to me quickly; 10 for Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and has departed for Thessalonica--Crescens for Galatia, Titus for Dalmatia."
I am not seeing a statement of faith. Where did Demas declare Jesus as Lord and Savior? He did not.
Oh my...Old JG...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Weed Dundee Scotland (Mar '16) 11 min DundeeDank 5
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 25 min andet1987 3,383
Electing a president.......with NO POLITICAL EX... 30 min andet1987 2
The Future of Politics in America 33 min macholibre 177
Black vs White sperm fertility 37 min andet1987 3
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 44 min macholibre 512
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 45 min AussieBobby 957
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 50 min macholibre 977,212
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Clearwater 87,945
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus 284,497