Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
387,821 - 387,840 of 532,538 Comments Last updated 34 min ago
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

There might be a little hope...

Nena West says 9.28.2010, 12:20 a.m.

You forget baptisim for the remission of our sins. Repentance and then baptism is the only way to become a christian, a follower of Jesus. Why have you ommited baptism????PREACH THE WORD AS IT IS WRITTEN PLEASE.

***Preach the Word as it is written please...

http://www.billygraham.org/articlepage.asp...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think Ephesians was by "Paul" when a majority of biblical schoalrship dispute this?
"Bible scholar Raymond E. Brown asserts that about 80% of critical scholarship judges that Paul did not write Ephesians,"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephesians
Authorship of the Pauline Epistles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_th...
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
NASL

Question 1. You imply it by your question. I never said I did. But IMHO, I do think Ephesians was written by Paul.
(Liberal criticsw and murmurers against anything in the Bible can write as much as they want and call it a majority opinion.)

See http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05485a.htm

Question 2. You imply it by your question I never said I did.(This is the 4th and last time I answer this question.)

IMHO you murmer against Paul's gift, and ability.(This may be directly that you are envious, but more than likely that you resist the known truth. In other words an unpardonable sin.) That is you seek to divide Paul from Christianity. Because he on more than one occasion taught against your Gnosticism.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Just might have something here:

Albert says 9.28.2010, 7:36 p.m.

Because the word faith and believe are frequently used in these comments I would like to tell people the meaning of the Greek words that are translated as believe and as faith. The Greek word that is translated as "believe" is "pistuo" and means a belief that is so strong that a person "cannot" act in a way that is inconsistent with that belief! The Greek in the New Testament translated as "faith" is "pistis". Pistis is a verb and is defined as the actions that a person takes because of his pistuo. Pistis is not something that we have inside of us as most beople believe, pistis is something we do, it is actions we take. People must remember that the Bible is the word of God in the original language it was written in, not in a translation of it.This is confusing to many people because of the saying that we cannot work our way to Salvation and they look at all actions as "works". This is beautifully explained in the book of James in the New Testament. If you read what James says about works and remember the definitions of pistuo and pistis, James's meaning will become perfectly clear to you. God bless all of you who Love God and His Son Jesus.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Kenneth says 9.29.2010, 9:41 p.m.

Mr. Graham, Thank you for posting this. In your citation of 1 John 2:3-4 you left out "is a liar"...its ok to say it...the Holy Spirit does.

1 John 2:3-4

3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands.

4 Whoever says,“I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
Here is where your argument against OSAS is a little weak, because it does not have the process of repentance, and call it sanctification/mortification instead.
Consider the ""second"" or continuing call of repentance to the church at Ephesus and is continual by God, in KJV of Rev 2:
2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
There is a "forgetfulness" of our repentence. This is what makes one backslide, and why Paul writes Romans 6:6. God encourages us to remember our first love(Christ, and our salvation) and then to repent, because of our waywardness, our tendency to wander away. It is not a second call to be saved, but is out of God's Mercy we can repent of our ways....
OSAS is what happens in the forgetfulness. It takes for granted the first love. It gets lost in the desert on the trip to the Promised Land....
robert, dont get mad at me, but your psots doesnt make any sense to me. you are talking about OSAS and it seems that you dont know what it is.ONCE SAVED, ALWAYS SAVED, and your post to me is an indication that OSAS is not Biblical,

and besides that, we were not discussing osas in the first place.
and besides, besides(LOL)that, the RCC is not in agreement with OSAS so what are you talking about.

I very seldom get lost reading a post, but you are confounding me on this one.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

What do these verses tell us?

Romans 8:29, "For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Romans 8:30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified."
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Maybe you should believe Jesus over "Paul".
(17) Jesus says:
"I will give you what no eye has seen, and what no ear has heard,
and what no hand has touched, and what has not occurred to the human mind."
Who said Jesus said that??
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So Presto admits that he has holes in his head.... I have long suspected. Thanks for the confirmation.
you ought to be ashamed of yourself. to mock me over the severity of my injuries.

Stryker frame [stri´ker]
an apparatus specially designed for care of patients with injuries of the spinal column or cord. It is constructed of pipe and canvas and is designed so that the patient can be turned without difficulty. The frame on which the patient lies while in the supine position is called the posterior frame; the anterior frame is used when the patient is turned on the abdomen. There are perineal openings in both frames for use of a bedpan.
http://www.bing.com/search...

you and the devils follower think that you are cute, but this will be remembered by God against you some day.

yes, i was on one, but one day, I got off and learned to walk again, a snivling coward like you would have been paralyzied for life.

God takes no pleasure on the soul of a lost person, but I got a feeling that I will have a litle smirk on my face when you and him are judged.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
Romans 8:29, "For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Romans 8:30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified."
easy

THAT YOU BELEIVE THE LIES OF CALVINISM.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy Graham TEACHES "Once Saved Always Saved."
Don't you think that is misleading SOULS and putting their SOULS in danger????
Is Billy Graham's teachings the same with the Word of God???
Come on, people wake up!!!!!!!!!!
TEST THE SPIRITS!!!!!!!
~~~

OSAS IS AN APPLICATION THAT SOME HAVE MADE BY THEIR INTERPENETRATION OF THE SCRIPTURES...

I have no knowledge of.... any where .... in the Bible that it says that on must believe or reject unconditional eternal security to be saved...

THE KEY WORDS... THAT BRING SALVATION IS..

Act_16:31 And they said,

-->Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved,...

I SEE NO WHERE THAT BELIEVING EITHER WAY BREAKS OR ADDS TO THE TEN COMMANDMENTS...

PERSONALLY I DO NOT BELIEVE IN UNCONDITIONAL ETERNAL SECURITY...

BUT TO ARGUE ABOUT THE SUBJECT TO ME IS A WASTE OF TIME.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
What is Calvinism:

Calvinism is a system of false doctrine that is taught in most evangelical denominations.
There are 5 major points of Calvinism. These 5 points are known by the acronym: T.U.L.I.P.
None of the 5 point are taught in the Bible.
All five points must be accepted or rejected as a unit. Refute any one element and the whole system falls!("Domino Theology")

Following is a very simple chart which refutes the doctrine of "Once saved, always saved." As you will notice, we have selected the passages which clearly demonstrate that the inspired writers were referring to Christians (children of God). This destroys the very convenient dodge: "If they are lost, they weren't saved to begin with" and/or "If one is a child of God, he could never cease to become a child of God." As shown in the chart, among other things, a child of God can become an "accursed child." Please carefully examine all the passages given in the chart. As shown in those verses, the inspired writers are referring to children of God.

Things Children of God Can Do:

1. Fall from grace - Gal. 5:1-4,13

2. Be led away with error - 2 Pet. 3:17

3. Err from the truth - James 5:19-20

4. Weak brother may perish - 1 Cor. 8:11

5. Fall into condemnation - James 5:12

6. Be moved away from the hope - Col. 1:21-23

7. Deny the Lord who bought them - 2 Pet. 2:1

8. Depart from the living God - Heb. 3:12

9. Can be a castaway - 1 Cor. 9:27

10. Can become accursed children - 2 Pet. 2:14
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
It tells us old G is no authority of sacred scripture.

It tells us old G is teaching something opposite then what the Apostles ACTUALLY taught.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

here is more from that link.http://www.bible.ca/cal-P -refutation.htm
36 Bible texts that refute "eternal security"
Bible Text Description Of Blood Bought Believer Description Of Sin Description After
Indicate Those Descriptions You Feel Do Not Refer To Christians But The Lost
Indicate Those You Feel Do Not Refer To The Lost, But To Christians

Ezek 3:20; 18:24-26
righteous
turns away, commits iniquity
die in sin

Mt 25:1-13
took lamps and went to meet Christ
5 were foolish
"I do not know you"

Mt 25:14-30
Christ's own slaves
hid talent
wicked lazy, cast into outer darkness, weep & gnash

Lk 8:13
receive word with joy, believe
temptation, persecution
fall away

Lk 9:62
put hands to plow of kingdom
looked back to former life
not fit for kingdom

Lk 12:42-48
steward in charge of Christ's servants
beat slaves, drunkenness
cut in pieces, assign with unbelievers

Jn 15:1-6
branches
does not abide
thrown away, dried up, burnt

Acts 4:32;5:1-11
of those who believed
lied to Holy Spirit
God struck dead

Acts 8:9-24
Simon the sorcerer believed, baptized, received HS
offered money
heart not right, wickedness, gall of bitterness, bond of iniquity

Acts 20:17,28-30
elders, shepherds of church
false doctrine
drawn away

Rom 11:13-23
wild olive, grafted in v17, stand by faith V20
unbelief, not continue V20,22
not spared, cut off V21-22

1 Cor 9:26-27
Apostle Paul, preached to others
body not slave
Paul disqualified

1 Cor 10:1-12
standing (feel they are saved) V12
immorality, crave evil, grumble,
fall V12

Gal 2:11-14
Apostle Peter
false doctrine, hypocrisy
Literal Greek "stood condemned" V11

Gal 5:4
severed & fallen indicates previously joined and standing
seeking to keep OT
severed from Christ, fallen from grace

Gal 6:1
restore indicates once saved
caught in trespass
needed to be restored

1 Ti 1:18-20
Hymenaeus, Alexander: shipwreck indicates they once sailed good.
rejected faith and good conscience, blasphemed
their personal faith shipwrecked, delivered to Satan

1 Ti 4:1
fall away indicates once saved
false doctrine
fall away from faith

1 Ti 5:8
passage addressed to Christians
doesn't provide for family
denied faith, worse than unbeliever

1 Ti 6:10
passage addressed to Christians
love of money
wandered from faith, pierced selves with pangs

2 Ti 2:16-18
Hymenaeus and Philetus: gone astray indicates once correct
False doctrine: resurrection past
gone astray, upset other's faith as well

Heb 3:12
brethren
evil, unbelieving
fall away from God
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
It didn't take me long at all - in fact I posted it when I first came across the forum.
It is you who has just admitted it for the first time.
And still, you'll refute other beliefs are lacking to achieve salvation.
I believe your words were associated to JohnfmNJ's -- "those outside the Church, we do not know of salvation" - or something like that.
I've said all along that the document cited never claimed what the title does.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Symbolic and apocalyptic, yes!!
So why would God want such meaningless gibberish ----- a localized political rant from a past era, with no discernible "eternal message" ------ as part of his "clear" message to mankind?
Early Iron Age mysticism. Any true God could do a better job of communicating.
FM

This is the "clear" Direct Message: Jesus Christ is God, for man's salvation, has been/is fulfilled forever.

The rest merely confounds the wise of the world.

Understand ?
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
OSAS IS AN APPLICATION THAT SOME HAVE MADE BY THEIR INTERPENETRATION OF THE SCRIPTURES...
I have no knowledge of.... any where .... in the Bible that it says that on must believe or reject unconditional eternal security to be saved...
THE KEY WORDS... THAT BRING SALVATION IS..
another example of the complete ignorance that you display when you begin to DISCUSS the Bible.

WE ARE NOT DISCUSSING SALVATION PER SE, BUT WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWARDS. NOW READ THIS VERY SLOWLY SO YOU CAN GRASP THE CONCEPT.

O N C E S A V E D ; A L W A Y S S A V E D .

IN THE FUTURE, DONT INTERJECT YOURSELF INTO A CONVERSATION WHEN INTELLIGENCE IS NEEDED
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

There are some on this forum who have discredited Billy Graham, Adrian Rogers, Dwight Moody, Billy Sunday, Frederic Brotherton Meyer, J. Wilbur Chapman and Mordecai Ham to name a few.

If anyone believes these men are false prophets how is it so many have been saved? Are those who came forward actually not saved because you believe these men are false prophets? Are you the judge? If so, based on what Scripture?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
Maybe you should believe Jesus over "Paul".
(17) Jesus says:
"I will give you what no eye has seen, and what no ear has heard,
and what no hand has touched, and what has not occurred to the human mind."

Chapter and verse, please.

KayMarie
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Hi Ho Silver And Away !!!
You've got that "distorted and twisted" like you do with everything else. The correct expression is "Hi Ho Silver, Away!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It tells us old G is no authority of sacred scripture.
It tells us old G is teaching something opposite then what the Apostles ACTUALLY taught.
i agree.

for people to actually believe that they were chosen to be Saved even before God formed the world is prepostrous.

they actually have no concept of what the verses are actually saying.

I dont believe that God would take a man like him and glorify him over another who is trying their best to lead a Godly life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

530 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New Iaeger ""Burgar"" 6 min Tony 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Aura Mytha 224,087
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min HasBhaRAT Tolls Bashers 115,044
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min lightbeamrider 172,304
Don't end capital punishment!!: CHANGE IT!!!!!! 20 min Anon 3
Obama – the Anti-President 23 min yon 1
amber armes (Jun '13) 28 min umm 20
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min Dr_Zorderz 256,440
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min stupid is not a disease 720,495