Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679024 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Fishers, IN

#402914 Nov 17, 2012
Continued about Billy Graham and his flawed nature that we all share in in this world.He is not by any stretch a perfect person,and no one should ever view him as such.But he contributed to the evangelization of many souls in this century,and last century as well,so God has His hand on this man.
Graham may say things that make us wonder,when he states that salvation is awarded to many outside of the Christian fold,in his ambiguous statements he made to Larry King one time while being interviewed by him. I do not consider him a false teacher,but he tried in his own flesh to answer a very direct question by Larry King as to the salvation of non Christians. Many people who are in such a position as Graham would find that question equally challenging and difficult to answer.
People think it is so blasted easy to just say without Jesus they all will perish,well when confronted on TV in front of millions of people,and before a Jew who has not put his faith in Christ,Graham had a tough time answering.Is he human? Or is he a robot that answers on que?
Can one give to another the meaning of life in one fell swoop,in less than a minute or maybe 2-3 minutes? Can we be careful to say or explain the whole message of salvation in a very tight frame of time,which under the pressure of the audience listening,one feels bound to give a more complete picture,but is not able.
I do not say I have to agree with Graham or disagree with him here,he soft soaped perhaps before King at the time about the very intense picture of salvation through our Lord.Graham preached the gospel under such anointings at times,that many precious souls including well known Jews were converted.People in my family gave their hearts to Christ under his preaching,and I was brought to a deeper understanding when listening to Graham myself back in the 60's seeing his crusades.
I will not ever say he is false,but perhaps that his flesh came to the fore,and he was tongue tied to give the usual response,yet he would have liked to expound a little to the one asking the question.He did to a point.
Larry King I heard him say there were two people he would like to have interviewed in his life time,EINSTEIN,and Jesus Christ.That was after his interview with Graham,whom he highly respects. What precious seed is sown we cannot know.The very stringent words we want to hear can't always be said,so we have to trust God with the outcome.
I am not for compromising the message of salvation,but I will not claim someone is a false teacher,because he under pressure does not give a perfect answer I would want to hear.I have been around the block a few times,and have learned that we Christians are often the most flawed of all peoples,even as much as we claim to be SAVED,and filled with the Holy Spirit!
Orville

Portland, OR

#402915 Nov 17, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>WHY DID YOU LIE AND SAY IT WAS I THAT CALLED live action you.
do you always go around lying znd then when called on that lie, remain silent instead of saying that you were wrong.
just what kind of a Christian are you? the question is rhetoric and an oxymoron

His,("JAC")response was the "rhetoric"- retort. A response. Worse for you is that JAC did not use any hint of oxymoron expression in his retort.

Preston is this any way to go through life....
&fe ature=fvwp&NR=1

Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#402916 Nov 17, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You actually believe Romney was going to reverse abortion laws during his term?
The conservatives have been in and out of power (presidency) in america several times during the last 45 years. I didn't see any repeal of the abortion laws during this era including the recent George Bush administration.
The conservatives still control the House of representatives that deal with many state level governing bodies.
Democracy is the best form of representation by the people. If it doesn't go your way, so be it, the flow of the people always wins.
Romney would have repealed Obamacare. Obamas care, forces Catholic institutions to provide contraceptives and abortion related drugs to Catholic employees.
This is government crossing the line and imposing THEIR will on the people. Its fascism.
Obama and his cohorts disagree on the Catholic Churchs position on contraceptives and abortion. They see that many Catholics in America use contraceptives, so they have no problem forcing the Church to comply with what THEY view as truth. Its pathetic.
Btw, what the hell do you care what happens is America?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#402917 Nov 17, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>\
Christians claim they know Jesus, but really know nothing.
1) Not one christian has determined his actual birthdate.
2) Not one christian has any idea what he looked like.
3) Not one christian knows what this jesus did for a living.
4) Not one christian knows the date of his death or resurrection.
5) Christians haven't got a clue who actually killed this man, but they believe he was killed.
6) Not one christian knows the location the 4 gospels were written.
7) Not one christian knows the dates the gospels were written.
8) Not one christian knows if the names associated with the gospels were the actual writers.
So many on this forum claiming they know and love Jesus, yet no one knows anything bio about this man.
something is terribly wrong!
Yes--and it is with "you" Michael---"THAT" is what is terribly wrong!...... The only person who cares about (micro-managing) the "exact date, exact location or the precise minute" (or maybe you prefer to break it down in "seconds") has lost the (entire concept and purpose) of what (Jesus) and the Christian life is all about.
If all you want to do is to "know about Jesus" instead of "KNOWING JESUS" --in the bible, and PROVEN Church History which is CONFIRMED in through His One True Catholic Church---------you can be assured that you will NEVER find answers to all of your interesting (but "frivolous--and meaningless (micro-aged) questions that don't really matter!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#402918 Nov 17, 2012
Word for today:

Phillipians 4:5 Let your GENTLENESS be known to ALL men. The LORD is at hand (near by).

KM
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#402919 Nov 17, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are addressing these people about speaking in tongues. I would like to challenge them to something. I want them to enter their respective churches and try to understand what the heck these people are uttering.
I bet dollars to donuts that they can not. Sure, they may have some loonie up there telling them what somebody "said" but it's all a hoax.
The Holy Spirit speaks, and NO man can interpret His message. Send all your cronies to the church, and perhaps God will have mercy on them, and speak to them.
Tongues ARE for the UNbeliever, after all.
KayMarie
Then how come every analysis of supposed 'speaking in tongues' proves its not a language.

Its simple: words make up a language. Right?

If you break down a simple English sentence.'I went to school today'.
Those words that make up that sentence can be used in other sentences, and still, they would mean the same thing. Take every language known to humans, and you'll see characteristics, correlations, and sounds that identify it as an actual language being spoken.

If one says ' ga gee dedo bedo ga shees boo coshe'

...and continue on for awhile like so. We can easily tell if actual communication is going on, or if someone is just tricking their brain into reciting a language.
I don't want to take away from your personal experiences with the Holy Spirit. I know Our Lord blesses you many times. I just want you to realize Speaking in tongues is not what you guys are supposed to invoke on the weekends as some ritual.

#402920 Nov 17, 2012
who="Clay"
Old G (called by God to preach the gospel) says I will wake up in hell next to my Pope someday. Yikes!
I'm so sacred that I'm going to Church right now to receive the Eucharist.

Watch those typos. There IS a difference in 'scared' and 'sacred'.

KM

#402921 Nov 17, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to rain on your parade nor cause anymore division than what you Protestants already have.
But, those people you posted above, to make it look as though your all unified in theology against Preston, are not united.
I'm not saying names... But two jump out who steadfastly disagree with you Orville.
This is the biggest lie in Protestantism...that you are all somehow united. Its not an exaggeration to say there are '40,000 different Christian groups out there' who teach differently.
Yet you all claim sola scripture?
The second biggest lie is....Sola scripture.
~~~

If (as you say)...they exist ....God Loves all 40,000 of them...Jesus

died for all, and you Roman Catholics too....Your (so called) Church

were the first protestants, and you have protested the TRUE WORD OF GOD

...EVER SINCE...

Your conjecture is a one way street that leads to destruction...

Attempting to create your own map to heaven is a fallacy that is the

epitome of foolishness..At the end you will find out.....It is either

God's way ...that He has given in His word (the Bible) or else.

Pro_14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Pro_16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Eze_33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die,....?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#402922 Nov 17, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you claim is true, why is it that the vast majority 75%(according to the good bishops of america) of roman catholics in america don't even practice their faith?
You should be very proud you live in a secular society where everyone has the right and opportunity to worship or not worship any WAY THEY WANT TO, without someone like you trying to beat YOUR belief into others.
Makes no difference to me if you or anyone else chooses not to believe, follow and worship in Jesus Christ's One True Apostolic Catholic Church--or not!! If other Christians are living their faith as bible only Protestants, Mormons, Lutherans, etc.(good for them). Then they are "growing where you are planted"! For the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world--we/they/all of us know that the "fullness of the faith" and the "fullness of the truth" is in the Historically and Biblically PROVEN Catholic Church. Your 75%(overblown) statistics of non-attendance Mas is "hogwash" just like most of your "garbage sources"! Besides, it makes "no difference" what the % is because 1) they are still remaining Catholics 2) with the new "world wide evangelization" that is taking place, many are now beginning to attend Mass again and 3) there is a "huge" influx of Protestants coming into the Catholic Church---the ONLY Christian Church that is growing "each and every year" up 1.5% in 2011. Your anti-catholic "so-called statistics are as distorted, twisted, and misrepresented" AS ALWAYS!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#402923 Nov 17, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You are nuttier than a fruit cake.lol
Nice talk---coming from a "suppos-ed Christian" or did you learn this from Jack Chick or Ron Rhodes or was it James McCarthy!!
Stephen Browning

United States

#402924 Nov 17, 2012
Since the agreement of the late Pope Paul VI
and the then Greek Orthodox Patriarch Anthogoras allowing Roman Carholics to
attend a Greek Orthodox Church and to
participate in the Greek Orthodox Liturgy
on Sundays providing a Roman Catholic
Church is not available; would this acknowledge
that the Greek Orthodox Church is the only
other true Church besides the Roman Catholic?
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#402925 Nov 17, 2012
who="Clay"
Old G (called by God to preach the gospel) says I will wake up in hell next to my Pope someday. Yikes!
I'm so sacred that I'm going to Church right now to receive the Eucharist.
Watch those typos. There IS a difference in 'scared' and 'sacred'.
KM
oops. Thank you. I definitely meant 'scared'
Orville

Portland, OR

#402926 Nov 17, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>many are called but few are chosen.
march 1955,carl died and a few minutes later, he came back tolife and called me to his side and told me tha he was sent back because God had a job for me.
1984, I began that job as I preached my first sermon, and as I stepped into that pulpit, God told me that because Jesus appeared to me in Jan. 1965, my ofice was that of an Apostle.
that trumps the office of a false prophet like orville and mr fraud doesnt even come close
and when you stand before His Great White Throne Judgement seat, maybe you can ask Him if what I say is the Truth.
but probably you cant say anything as you realize that hell is your destination as well as the lake of fire.

Huh?.......

&fe ature=fvwrel
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#402927 Nov 17, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
If (as you say)...they exist ....God Loves all 40,000 of them...Jesus
died for all, and you Roman Catholics too....Your (so called) Church
were the first protestants, and you have protested the TRUE WORD OF GOD
...EVER SINCE...
Your conjecture is a one way street that leads to destruction...
Attempting to create your own map to heaven is a fallacy that is the
epitome of foolishness..At the end you will find out.....It is either
God's way ...that He has given in His word (the Bible) or else.
Pro_14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Pro_16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Eze_33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die,....?
All my research (and I DID research it) shows that the Catholic Church is true to the word of God in every angle possible.
You say they are not. How do you come to this conclusion?
Remember, deliberate ignorance and deceit is a sin. So please don't do it just for the sake of proving Catholicism as 'against the true word of God'. Truth shows they are right and always has been. Truth shows you came along a bit late in the game, to introduce a different teaching about scripture.
Orville

Portland, OR

#402928 Nov 17, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes no difference to me if you or anyone else chooses not to believe, follow and worship in Jesus Christ's One True Apostolic Catholic Church--or not!! If other Christians are living their faith as bible only Protestants, Mormons, Lutherans, etc.(good for them). Then they are "growing where you are planted"! For the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world--we/they/all of us know that the "fullness of the faith" and the "fullness of the truth" is in the Historically and Biblically PROVEN Catholic Church. Your 75%(overblown) statistics of non-attendance Mas is "hogwash" just like most of your "garbage sources"! Besides, it makes "no difference" what the % is because 1) they are still remaining Catholics 2) with the new "world wide evangelization" that is taking place, many are now beginning to attend Mass again and 3) there is a "huge" influx of Protestants coming into the Catholic Church---the ONLY Christian Church that is growing "each and every year" up 1.5% in 2011. Your anti-catholic "so-called statistics are as distorted, twisted, and misrepresented" AS ALWAYS!!

Parrot talk again.....

#402929 Nov 17, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Then how come every analysis of supposed 'speaking in tongues' proves its not a language.
Those words that make up that sentence can be used in other sentences, and still, they would mean the same thing. Take every language known to humans, and you'll see characteristics, correlations, and sounds that identify it as an actual language being spoken.
...and continue on for awhile like so. We can easily tell if actual communication is going on, or if someone is just tricking their brain into reciting a language.
I don't want to take away from your personal experiences with the Holy Spirit. I know Our Lord blesses you many times. I just want you to realize Speaking in tongues is not what you guys are supposed to invoke on the weekends as some ritual.
~~~
You wrote
Since when is it... that God has to be subject to the puny analysis of Humanity...
Man what arrogance...
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Your concept of God must be very distorted..

#402930 Nov 17, 2012
who="Clay"

There is nothing ritualistic about speaking in tongues. Wouldn't the scoffers (and the devil) love it if THEY could understand those languages. LOL The real thing is THE REAL THING. I'm giving you Bible truth, not a personal opinion.

If a person just makes up words, they are NOT speaking by the Spirit. I cannot 'speak in tongues', but when the Holy Spirit moves, my tongue is under His control.

KayMarie
Orville

Portland, OR

#402931 Nov 17, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>

&fe ature=fvwrel

#402932 Nov 17, 2012
For those of you who are being threatened with hell, let me assure you that you have ONE JUDGE, and He "comes NOT to condemn".

If one should be lost, it will be because they did not believe in Him. As long as you put your trust in Christ (the only one who died to save you), you need not fear hell.

Those who condemn others to hell are in a more dangerous position.

KayMarie
Orville

Portland, OR

#402933 Nov 17, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, and we only ahve two peoplewho speak this jibber jabber, blibber blabber and that is the guy that cant spell confronting correctly, and he is the person that told clay to get lost.but be careful, he assumes that he has the inside track with God and can get you sent to hell very quickly if you disagree with him or her.
of course, I have disagreed with him for over 4 years and I still am here. sometimes I think he doesnt holler loud enough to his god

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 41 min _KENTUCKY_ 585
Adult dating minors (Mar '09) 44 min 17_y-o_older_sister 27
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 45 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 119,087
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 2,572
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
Melania Trump's hair shines in Saudi sun 3 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 4
More from around the web