Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 678813 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

preston

Athens, OH

#402772 Nov 16, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU NEED TO RE-READ MY FORMER POST
in the book of Jude it says...
Jud 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Jud 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
Jud 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
Note this verse..that speaks of PRAYING IN THE HOLY GHOST..
PRAYING IN TONGUES...
Jud 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith,--> praying in the Holy Ghost,
IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND...
I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU HOLD YOUR PEACE...AND NOT BLASPHEME THE HOLY GHOST AS EVIDENTLY PRESTON HAS..
Jesus said,,,
Mar_3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
Mar_3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
you ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT.

I DONT BELIEVE THAT YOU OR YOUR WIFE HAVE ANY OF THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY(SEE THAT, YOU AINT) GHOST.

but I have said often about my friend Tom who does Have that Gift,unlike you or your wife.

JUST BECAUSE I DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT YOU SAY, IS NOT BLASPHEMY OF THE HOLY GHOST ,WHICH YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IT MEANS, YOU ARE SO IGNORANT WHEN IT COMES TO THE TEACHINGS OF THE BIBLE.

and when all is said and done, you and your wife probably blaspheme the Holy Ghost much more than any other person ever.
preston

Athens, OH

#402773 Nov 16, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
"Speaking in Tongues" is greatly misunderstood. It originated with Jesus telling the Apostles that when it came to them speaking in foreign languages when preaching to others they'd have no trouble - the languages would just come naturally to them. It has become greatly abused and is nothing but senseless babble. It may even have a lot to do with the Tower of Babble; I've read something about that also. So much superstition in the RCC! It's nothing more than jibberish brought on by religious hysteria - anyone can work themselves up to fever pitch. I can't believe some people actually think the Holy Ghost is speaking through them by such means; the entire concept is ridiculous. Oh well, some people just want (or need) to cling to this stuff. What bothers me the most is that they pass this misinformation onto their children. I only hope their kids are smarter and more sensible than they themselves are as I feel the children are harmed by such nonsense.
sheryl, dont pay attention to mr fraud.just lean on your own understanding and let him wander in the Wilderness of SIN if he so chooses. he thinks that if everyone doesnt believe like he does that they are wrong.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#402774 Nov 16, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>Calvinists maintain that God selected certain individuals before the world began and then draws them to faith in His Son, Jesus Christ. They believe that when Jesus said, "No man can come unto Me except the Father which hath sent Me draw him", that Jesus was saying that men had to be drawn to Him by God before they would believe. Calvinists have long taught that when the apostle Paul wrote, "God hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world" (Ephesians 1:4), that it the passage is meant be understood that God actually choses believers in Christ before the world was founded. According to Calvinism, God begins a good work in some and then continues it. They attempt to prove this with the text from the book of Phillipians where the apostle Paul writes, "He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ".
So mr. big mouth.....what do these verses tell us? Did Calvin write Romans or did the Apostle Paul? Do you know and can you read the following.....

Romans 8:29, "For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn* among many brothers and sisters." Romans 8:30, "And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory." (NLT)

Truth and Preston.....what is predestination? Who is the elect? Is the Bible a liar? Why is predestination and the elect mentioned in the Bible? Is predestination and the elect even mentioned in your version of the Bible? Do either of you two losers have a clue?
preston

Athens, OH

#402775 Nov 16, 2012
OldJG wrote:
II Timothy 4:9-10, 9 "Be diligent to come to me quickly; 10 for Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and has departed for Thessalonica--Crescens for Galatia, Titus for Dalmatia."
I am not seeing a statement of faith. Where did Demas declare Jesus as Lord and Savior? He did not.
did we see a statement of faith coming from you while you are talking trash, that shouldnt be repeated ona religious forum?

concerning demas, let his work speak for him.

You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
preston

Athens, OH

#402776 Nov 16, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
So mr. big mouth.....what do these verses tell us? Did Calvin write Romans or did the Apostle Paul? Do you know and can you read the following.....
Romans 8:29, "For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn* among many brothers and sisters." Romans 8:30, "And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory." (NLT)
Truth and Preston.....what is predestination? Who is the elect? Is the Bible a liar? Why is predestination and the elect mentioned in the Bible? Is predestination and the elect even mentioned in your version of the Bible? Do either of you two losers have a clue?
you wouldnt understand, even if a angel gave you the knowledge and understanding.

so why should I? i didnt take you under my wing
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#402777 Nov 16, 2012
Page 1 of 5

If you could lose your salvation, you would have to do the following five (5) things:

1. ABORT yourself from the new birth.
John 3:3-7 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again”

These verses are plainly referring to your first birth, born of water and your new birth by the Holy Spirit. I don't see any way to be unborn. You didn't have anything to do with your first birth, so how can you be unborn. Even you mother and father can't undo what was done. It's the same thing with the new birth or Salvation. All you did was receive the gift of God (Romans 6:23) by believing on the Jesus Christ of the scriptures. When you were born physically all you did was breathe.
preston

Athens, OH

#402778 Nov 16, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Jud 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Jud 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
PRAYING IN TONGUES...
Jud 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith,--> praying in the Holy Ghost,
I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU HOLD YOUR PEACE...AND NOT BLASPHEME THE HOLY GHOST AS EVIDENTLY PRESTON HAS..
Jesus said,,,
Mar_3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
Mar_3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
Sherlayne .

mr fraud is always trying to silence people when they speak or give their opinion. pay no attention to him. many times he gets a brain cramp and it takes days to get over it.sometimes weeks.

one time a friend of mine(Tom) was praying for a foreign woman and after the prayer, she told him that she heard him in her native tongue.
this is a manifestation of the Actual Gift of the Holy Ghost, which mr fraud and his wife dont possess. they believe that jibber jabber like benny hinn speaks is real and from God, but false teacher dont possess the Things of God.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#402779 Nov 16, 2012
Page 2 of 5

If you could lose your salvation, you would have to do the following five (5) things:

2. II. UNSEAL your soul
Eph 1:12-14 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest down payment of our inheritance (in the 1000 year reign) until the redemption of the purchased possession,(the Rapture) unto the praise of his glory.

a. Now how are you going to unseal your soul? You didn't seal it, God did. Someone out there says,'well if you do something that's wrong, then God will unseal it." Nope, it won't work, the verse says that the Holy Spirit's seal is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession. We're sealed until our body's redeemed and once we're redeemed we can't sin anymore. You cantake a jar of beans that has been sealed by someone that knows what they're doing and it'll last from now on. I believe the Holy Spirit knows exactly what He's doing when He seals us to the day of redemption!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#402780 Nov 16, 2012
Page 3 of 5

3. III. DIVORCE yourself from the family of God.
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

a. You say now I've got you! I've heard of a boy divorcing his parents. Wrong again, I don't care what that boy did, he is still his father and mother's son. My son will always be my son, we might be out of fellowship with each other, he might change his name, cuss me out or move to another country, but he will still be my son. It's the same way with your Heavenly Father, if you are saved. He will get you home, even if it's the hard way. 1 Corinthians 11:30 "For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep."

Those folks had all kinds of troubles and some even died, but God didn't say they lost it and went to Hell!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#402781 Nov 16, 2012
Page 4 of 5

4. IV. UNCIRCUMCISE your heart - REATTACH your soul and flesh.

Rom 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Col 2:11-12 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

a. According to the above verses, when you were saved God cut your soul loose from your body so the Holy Spirit can indwell you.(Romans 8:9) The sins you commit are applied to your flesh and not your soul like they were before you were saved. That's the reason you can't lose your salvation.

What if you SIN one time.

Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it (heaven) any thing that defileth,

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

a. How many sins would it take to lose salvation? ONE!
So no one can live sinless, unless it's his body that's sinning and the body won't be saved until the Rapture. So the only way to stay saved is for your soul and spirit to be separate from your flesh.
preston

Athens, OH

#402782 Nov 16, 2012
barnes notes;

Ye shall know them by their fruits - The Saviour gives the proper test of their character. People do not judge of a tree by its leaves, or bark, or flowers, but by the fruit which it bears. The flowers may be beautiful and fragrant, the foliage thick and green; but these are merely ornamental. It is the "fruit" that is of chief service to man; and he forms his opinion of the nature and value of the tree by that fruit. So of pretensions to religion. The profession may be fair; but the "conduct" - the fruit - is to determine the nature of the principles.

CLARKS COMMENTARY

Ye shall know them by their fruits - Fruits, in the Scripture and Jewish phraseology, are taken for works of any kind. "A man's works," says one, "are the tongue of his heart, and tell honestly whether he is inwardly corrupt or pure.

http://bible.cc/matthew/7-16.htm

AND BOY, DID WE SEE THE TONGUE OF OLDJG, AND IT WAS CORRUPT AS CLARK MENTIONS.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#402783 Nov 16, 2012
Page 5 of 5

5. V. AMPUTATE yourself from the body of Christ

1 Cor 12:13 (see also verses 12, 18, 27) 1 Cor 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
a. Now how are you going to take yourself out of the body of Christ? If you could, Jesus Christ body would be deformed, mutilated or incomplete.
When we put our faith IN Christ, we get the faith OF Christ. If ours ever fails - HIS won't!

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith OF Jesus Christ, even we have believed IN Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith OF Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

I'm trusting in the substitutionary atonememt of the Lord Jesus Christ, if you can lose your salvation then you must be trusting in something else. It is a ridiculous impossibility for a child of God to lose their salvation. The few isolated verses used to pretend that a church age Christian can lose salvation are invariable either not talking about salvation, or not directed at Christians. A born again child of God cannot lose salvation. However, he can lose his assurance, his joy, testimony, rewards, health, inheritance and his life.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#402784 Nov 16, 2012
who="Truth"
Sorry KayMarie that is NOT all there is to being saved...

When a baby is born it is a baby, not an adult. When a person is born again they are a baby Christian...but a Christian, nevertheless.

Paul speaks of the young Christian as needing 'the milk of the Word'. Later he tells them that it is time they should be eating meat.

Yes, there is more to 'walking in the Spirit', but that is the 'growing up' part.

KayMarie
preston

Athens, OH

#402785 Nov 16, 2012
OldJG wrote:
Page 1 of 5
1. ABORT yourself from the new birth.
HERE IS THE BEGINNING OF THOSE PAGES WHICH OLDJG CONVIENTLY LEAVES OUT.

Here are some {{{BIBLE DEFINITIONS of sin}}}}- King James Bible …

www.kjv1611.org.uk/HOW%20TO%20LOSE%20SALVATIO... you could lose you salvation, you would have to do the following five things. That is, to lose your salvation , you'd have to ... I. ABORT yourself from the new birth.

i AGREE, YOU WOULD HAVE TO DESTROY WHAT God has placed in you.
and women do that abortion all of the time

BIBLE DEFINITIONS OF SIN, NOT OSAS.LOL
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#402786 Nov 16, 2012
OldJG wrote:
Page 4 of 5
4. IV. UNCIRCUMCISE your heart - REATTACH your soul and flesh.
Rom 2:28-29 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
Col 2:11-12 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
a. According to the above verses, when you were saved God cut your soul loose from your body so the Holy Spirit can indwell you.(Romans 8:9) The sins you commit are applied to your flesh and not your soul like they were before you were saved. That's the reason you can't lose your salvation.
What if you SIN one time.
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it (heaven) any thing that defileth,
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
a. How many sins would it take to lose salvation? ONE!
So no one can live sinless, unless it's his body that's sinning and the body won't be saved until the Rapture. So the only way to stay saved is for your soul and spirit to be separate from your flesh.
OR ......you could just make a conscience decision to reject God and walk away!

For your sake Old G, you best be sure you're preaching the truth AND God has made you the authority to articulate His will.
If you are not ... may God have mercy on you.
Your new and strange doctrine is messing with your eternity and the countless children you all lead down the OSAS path.
preston

Athens, OH

#402787 Nov 16, 2012
who="Truth"
Sorry KayMarie that is NOT all there is to being saved...
When a baby is born it is a baby, not an adult. When a person is born again they are a baby Christian...but a Christian, nevertheless.
Paul speaks of the young Christian as needing 'the milk of the Word'. Later he tells them that it is time they should be eating meat.
Yes, there is more to 'walking in the Spirit', but that is the 'growing up' part.
KayMarie
AND WHEN THEY GROW UP, THEY FALL DOWN.LOL

and roll on the floor, is mr fraud sill recovering from his brain cramp or did you think it was time for you to take over since you have studied for 65 years.I COME UP WITH THAT FIGURE SINCE HE SAID THAT BETWEEN THE TWO OF YOU, YOU HAD 125 YEARS OF BIBLE STUDY AND THE OTHER DAY, HE QUOTED THE FIGURE OF 60 YEARS FOR HIM , SO THAT LEADS ME TO CONCLUDE THAT YOU AHAE 5 YEARS ON HIM.
BUT ONE DAY WOULD TEACH A PERSON MORE THAN HE HAS LEARNED IN OVER 60 YEARS.LOL

he hasnt got past the milk yet, shoot, he hasnt got to the milk yet.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#402788 Nov 16, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
PRAYING IN TONGUES...
Jesus said,,,
lets see... You stand up and claim your speaking in a language with the help of the holy Ghost. All independent studies clearly show your not speaking a language at all. In fact its nothing but gibberish. Its quite easy to prove..language has to have correlations and characteristics.
Anyway, we obviously think your nuts. Then, you have the audacity to say WE are blaspheming the Holy Spirit for disagreeing with you??
Get lost.
preston

Athens, OH

#402789 Nov 16, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
OR ......you could just make a conscience decision to reject God and walk away!
For your sake Old G, you best be sure you're preaching the truth AND God has made you the authority to articulate His will.
If you are not ... may God have mercy on you.
Your new and strange doctrine is messing with your eternity and the countless children you all lead down the OSAS path.
oldjg has NO authority in the Work of God.

God can use a donkey but He would not use a pervert like oldjg to present the gospel.

he showed his true colors back in June with his filthy talk,God would have no use for a person like him, unless he actually repented and apologized.

sometimes it takes more than repentance, sometimes times God requires you to repay fourfold. and sometimes God doesnt require it but if You love the Lord, you will repay without the urging of the Lord.and that is Biblical
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#402790 Nov 16, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>HERE IS THE BEGINNING OF THOSE PAGES WHICH OLDJG CONVIENTLY LEAVES OUT.
Here are some {{{BIBLE DEFINITIONS of sin}}}}- King James Bible …
www.kjv1611.org.uk/HOW%20TO%20LOSE%20SALVATIO... you could lose you salvation, you would have to do the following five things. That is, to lose your salvation , you'd have to ... I. ABORT yourself from the new birth.
i AGREE, YOU WOULD HAVE TO DESTROY WHAT God has placed in you.
and women do that abortion all of the time
BIBLE DEFINITIONS OF SIN, NOT OSAS.LOL
Not to mentioned....its just common freaking sense that OSAS is a false doctrine.
There is not one shred of evidence that any Apostles ever taught it. Sure they can isolate a verse here and there to claim the Apostles were teaching it. But the fact is, it was never taught.
orville

Battle Ground, WA

#402791 Nov 16, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>

Note how Preston dodges the questions. Just as the Papist do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Trump your President 2,313
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Aerobatty 118,865
Slop em again and again God!!! 1 hr doG nDaedn Hloy r... 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,832
"Aaay?!! Do you think I have an odd-shaped HEAD... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
New World Order, One World Government 4 hr One Planet One Pe... 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,830
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 hr May2017 NewsGlobal 982,133
More from around the web