Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,147
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#402538 Nov 15, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
According to your above post...I SHOULD BE SUFFERING ALL KINDS OF PROBLEMS...RIGHT?
Please tell me Confrinting---"where do you come up with these "ridiculous" assumptions. When did I say that you should be suffering all kinds of problems. Read--re-read and re-read with I last posted to you and tell me "when and where I said this"!! In a direct quote from Michael---UNBELIEVABLE!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#402539 Nov 15, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And your "bible only" half-truth, half-heresy" Christianity, is inundated and laced with the most "unsound, inconsistent, contradicting and "conflicting interpretation (or better yet -MIS-INTERPRETATION) of the bible and doctrines of opinion of ANY CHRISTIAN creed!!! with over 42,000+ hodge-podge beliefs.. Not only that, but there is "nothing in the bible" that supports the premise that you "are forever claiming" that the bible is the ONLY SOURCE OF TRUTH for Christians. WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY THIS!! Where is the word (bible) in the bible!|Where are the words (bible only). Where are the words (sola scriptura) Where does it say that "we must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ in order to be saved????(not that there is anything wrong with this but where does it say it!!---You see, the problem with you Confrinting is that you are so "shackled" in the bondage of anti-catholic hate, that you, my friend, have been totally and completely (blinded) by the "scales over your own eyes" from seeing that there is TRUTH outside of your bible only box of judgement and condemnation of other Christians!! Wake up! Like I have said before, listen to your wife KayMarie! Again--she is the ONLY true Christian in your family!!
~~~

Pro_26:17 He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears.

___

YOU WOULD LIKE TO CREATE STRIFE between my wife ans I Right?

You must be taking lessons from Preston...who has spent the whole day attempting to stir up strife...

Pro 6:12 A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth.

Pro 6:13 He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers;

Pro 6:14 Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.

Pro 6:15 Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.

Pro 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

Pro 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Gentile Christian

London, UK

#402540 Nov 15, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I explained it. According the scriptures ONLY! the crowd of people determined the fate of this man, if you believe the story.
Was there a man named Jesus (yeshua)? according to world history there were many men named Jesus during this era. Was he the son of God? Only christians claim such.
Why are they scared to admit that Jews denied the man who claimed he was their Messiah and did everything to kill him?

Who killed Jesus?
Romans? The will now be Italians and those in Vatican too..lol.
The Church murdered Jesus? That is silly.

The Jews wanted him killed and the Jews got him killed.
That's why they were branded as Christ killers.
Either we thank them for killing Christ or charge them.
No need for political correctness
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#402541 Nov 15, 2012
Antichrist? W...e Of Revelation? Part 2

&fe ature=relmfu
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#402542 Nov 15, 2012
The United Religions Initiative (URI) is an international, grassroots,

interfaith bridge-building organization modeled after the United Nations.

It aims to create social change by promoting "enduring, daily interfaith

cooperation," ending "religiously motivated violence", and promoting

"cultures of peace, justice, and healing for the Earth and all living

beings."[1]

Guided by the vision of founder The Rt. Rev. William E. Swing the URI

Charter was developed through a series of international conferences and

consultation with transformative organizational design practitioners David

Cooperrider and Diana Whitney.[2] The URI Charter was signed by more than

two-hundred people present, and hundreds more joining over the Internet,

at a ceremony in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA on June 26, 2000.[3]

Organizational structure

The URI is composed of 426 Cooperation Circles (CCs) in 72 countries

worldwide as of November 2009. CCs are groups of 7 or more individuals

representing 3 or more different faiths or spiritual expressions. CC

members are all located in one of eight regions or span across multiple

regions:[4]
Africa
Asia
Europe
Latin America & the Caribbean
Middle East & North Africa
Multi-regional
North America
Southeast Asia & the Pacific

Before the formal charter signing in 2000, URI supporters around the world

participated together in a project called "72 Hours for Peace", in which

more than 250 local organizations united in projects promoting peace and

justice during the turn of the millennium.[5]

Examples of global and member initiatives documented in the public record:
The Acholi Religious Leaders Peace Initiative has played a key role in

promoting peace in war-torn northern Uganda.[6] The Ugandan groups are

also participants in the Northern Uganda Social Action Fund supported by

the World Bank.[7]
Members united in early support of U.S. action to prevent continued

atrocies in Darfur through the proposed Darfur Accountability Act of

2005.[8]
The Interfaith Peace-building Initiative (IPI) "is a peace organization

which has been working actively since 2003 to promote interfaith

cooperation, a culture of peace, harmony, constructive dialogue and the

Golden Rule. It is a nongovernmental peace organization legally registered

with the Ministry of Justice in Ethiopia. IPI was established by concerned

citizens from different religions here in Ethiopia that strongly believe

that religions should play an important role in building trust and

promoting a culture of peace, healing and reconciliation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Religions...

#402543 Nov 15, 2012
Gentile Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are they scared to admit that Jews denied the man who claimed he was their Messiah and did everything to kill him?
Who killed Jesus?
Romans? The will now be Italians and those in Vatican too..lol.
The Church murdered Jesus? That is silly.
The Jews wanted him killed and the Jews got him killed.
That's why they were branded as Christ killers.
Either we thank them for killing Christ or charge them.
No need for political correctness
~~~

You wrote

No need for political correctness.

Why not listen to the words of Jesus concerning His death..

He said

Joh 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and

---> I lay down my life for the sheep.<---

Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Joh 10:17

---> Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.<---

Joh 10:18 ===> No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. <===

The answer is so simple...WHY DO YOU MAKE IT COMPLEX?

AGAIN JESIS SAID
Joh_12:27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

JESUS TOLD PILATE

Joh_18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king.

To this end was I born,

and

for this cause came I into the world,

that I should bear witness unto the truth.

Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#402544 Nov 15, 2012
Psalm 69:13 But I pray to you, O LORD, in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation.
----------
Isaiah 49:8 This is what the LORD says: "In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you; I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people, to restore the land and to reassign its desolate inheritances,

2 Corinthians 6:2

(For he says, I have heard you in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I helped you: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#402545 Nov 15, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It seems that Christians have argued over the years concerning baptism as an act ALONE being the cause of salvation for a soul who is baptized.I know many Blacks who are in the Missionary Baptist denomination.They believe that the practice of Baptism in their churches,as done by Immersion(E),is a person's testimony of being SAVED!
They do not even mention the fact that a person needs to REPENT first.But I have had discussions with them and they claim that Baptism s a v e s, no mention of repentance or believing for that matter.Although one would deduce logically,one would have to believe first before baptism.Well,that even can be challenged in the case of so many individuals who have been baptized,and live like there is no tomorrow"EAT,DRINK, and be Merry, for tomorrow we may die!"
Baptism should be taught to the person who decides to follow Jesus,it is that important.There are too many Christians or so-called believers who know nothing about why they should be baptized.
The Apostles concluded that one should "REPENT and be Baptized for the remission of sins." I do not understand really how any Christian could not want to be baptized. Baptism is a wonderful sacrament for the whole body of Christ,it is our ID CARD as it were of what happened to us inwardly.Baptism is basically our public announcement of being Identified with Christ!
Pad,I am a MIssionary Baptist and we are not like you have stated.

You wrote;
They do not even mention the fact that a person needs to REPENT first.

I don't know the ones you are speaking of,but the MIssionary Baptist down here do believe one must repent first.

Oh how I wish you could come to one of our church services,then you'd know that we believe in repentance.

How on earth could one be saved without repenting?

We believe that once one is born again,baptism is an outwards
sign of what the Lord did,which was saving our souls.

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
preston

Waverly, OH

#402546 Nov 15, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have noticed....
I am just wondering, why the change?
divide and conquer.LOL

he has yet to fully understand that this would not bother me, and others need to understand it also.

not one person is under any obligation to post to me. when I post usually, I post to satisfy myself, not anyone else.

normally my posts are a monologue, not a dialogue.

if people like him and PAD think that I really wish to dialogue with them, they are badly mistaken

#402547 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
No need for political correctness.
Why not listen to the words of Jesus concerning His death..
He said
Joh 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and
---> I lay down my life for the sheep.<---
Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
Joh 10:17
---> Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.<---
Joh 10:18 ===> No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. <===
The answer is so simple...WHY DO YOU MAKE IT COMPLEX?
AGAIN JESIS SAID
Joh_12:27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
JESUS TOLD PILATE
Joh_18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king.
To this end was I born,
and
for this cause came I into the world,
that I should bear witness unto the truth.
Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
HERE IS WHAT THE APOSTLE PETER SAID ABOUT THE DEATH OF JESUS.

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

(NOTE HERE WHAT THE APOSTLES SAID ABOUT DAVID..)
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that

-->he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.<--

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

(NOTE DAVID IS NOT IN HEAVEN,... NEITHER IS MARY OR THE ROMAN CATHOLIC SAINTS)

Act 2:34 --> For David is not ascended into the heavens:<-- but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
preston

Waverly, OH

#402548 Nov 15, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, PAD, I have to disagree with you....he is a false teacher...
PAD aint the brightest bulb in this light that is being shed on this forum.

he just had to enter this discussion when it was NONE of his business, especially since he himself doesnt believe that osas is Biblical.

as I told HOJO, I have been involved in grahams crusades(back when I was young and dumb) and they are a farce, and no Christian should support this guy. I can undestand why HOLJO did since graham would send "enquirers" back to the rcc that they had left in the first place and came to him expecting to find the Gospel truth.

the bottom line is that a person is not going to find God where God aint.
preston

Waverly, OH

#402549 Nov 15, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Billy Graham is a great brother in Christ,and I would love to meet him before he goes to be with the Lord.Your negative comments about him are your own,I have nothing to do with what you say about another b r o t h e r in Christ.You baffle me,and I do not understand the bitter root that is in you.Be assured of this Preston,I will not take a course in Liars 101,because I do not intentionally seek to deceive others.
I commend the fact that you know the Scriptures,and are convinced of what is Salvation,and the Born-again mandate of the Lord Jesus,but the rest of your thinking and views displayed on this forum,and especially the constant accusations remain a stumbling block to what you know in your heart from God and His Christ yours and my Savior.You go where Angels fear to tread!
~~~
WHY DO YOU JUDGE
Rev Billy Graham...
Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Are you willing TO BE JUDGED BY THE SAME JUDGMENT THAT YOU ARE JUDGING HIM, WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD?
Mat_7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Luk_6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
kinda funny coming from a fraud like you. you dont believe in osas either, so you are also judging.

YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A FRAUD ALYING ON EVERYONE
preston

Waverly, OH

#402550 Nov 15, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Billy Graham is a great brother in Christ,and I would love to meet him before he goes to be with the Lord.Your negative comments about him are your own,I have nothing to do with what you say about another b r o t h e r in Christ.You baffle me,and I do not understand the bitter root that is in you.Be assured of this Preston,I will not take a course in Liars 101,because I do not intentionally seek to deceive others.
I commend the fact that you know the Scriptures,and are convinced of what is Salvation,and the Born-again mandate of the Lord Jesus,but the rest of your thinking and views displayed on this forum,and especially the constant accusations remain a stumbling block to what you know in your heart from God and His Christ yours and my Savior.You go where Angels fear to tread!
~~~
WHY DO YOU JUDGE
Rev Billy Graham...
Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Are you willing TO BE JUDGED BY THE SAME JUDGMENT THAT YOU ARE JUDGING HIM, WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD?
Mat_7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Luk_6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
just look at your hypocrisy, you tell Hank that he shouldnt judge and here is what you say about the rcc, on the very next post. you are a riot!

<quoted text>
The Roman Catholic Church has no BIBLICALLY BASED sound doctrine

NOW TELL US WHAT IS The DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HANK CALLING GRAHAM A FALSE TEACHER AND YOU SAYING THIS ABOUT THE RCC.

IS YOUR OPINE HIGHER THAN THAT OF HANKS.

I DONT THINK SO!
preston

Waverly, OH

#402551 Nov 15, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me Confrinting---"where do you come up with these "ridiculous" assumptions. When did I say that you should be suffering all kinds of problems. Read--re-read and re-read with I last posted to you and tell me "when and where I said this"!! In a direct quote from Michael---UNBELIEVABLE!!!
havent you figured it out by now that mr fraud cant read nor comprehend a simple statement?

now it follows, if he cant read your post and understand,

how can he understand what is writen in the Bible.

HE CANT!

as he has proven on here many times
preston

Waverly, OH

#402552 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WOULD LIKE TO CREATE STRIFE between my wife ans I Right?
You must be taking lessons from Preston...who has spent the whole day attempting to stir up strife...
Pro 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
SOME OF THOSE POST WERE MADE BY YOU REBUKING HIS FILTHY MOUTH, AND YOUR WIFE, KINDA. REGGIE DIDNT THINK MUCH OF HER REBUKE.LOL

AND THIS SCRIPTURE, YOU SHOULD HEED.

YOU MAKE FALSE ACCUSATIONS AGAINST ME EVERY DAY.

SUCH AS ME {CURSING} YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE. AND I SHOWED YOU WHAT THE WORD CURSE MEANS.

your ignorance continues to confound me, I am just not familiar with ministers around here ,being as stupid as you are.
preston

Waverly, OH

#402553 Nov 15, 2012
Fantastic fibbers vied at a remote pub in northwestern England on Thursday for the title of world's biggest liar.

I NOMINATE MR FRAUD,

WITH PAD COMING IN A CLOSE SECOND.

I wonder if mr fraud was to drunk to know that he was in a pub.

while PAD would be at home or else thinking of his favorite bar in saigon and the woman he left behind.
preston

Waverly, OH

#402554 Nov 15, 2012
ROMNEY AND SOUR MILK GO TOGETHER.

HE IS BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE BUT HIMSELF FOR HIS LOSS.

this statement says it all. and it looks like of almost every person on here was WRONG, except me.lol read it and weep ,mr fraud.

"Romney's favorable ratings were among the lowest recorded for a presidential candidate in the modern era," says Andrew Kohut at The Wall Street Journal. "

This just shines a light on Romney's other failures
"Romney, a famously data-driven decider, has completely missed the boat when it comes to explaining his loss," says Peter Cohan at Forbes. The real cause was "a self-inflicted wound the failure of Romney's online voter turnout system ORCA." The Romney campaign touted ORCA as an "unrivaled high-tech means of communicating with more than 30,000 field workers who were stationed at polling places on Election Day." It failed miserably, and it was that "lack of tactical execution excellence" that sank the campaign. Plus, "Romney's favorable ratings were among the lowest recorded for a presidential candidate in the modern era," says Andrew Kohut at The Wall Street Journal. It's true that Obama benefited from a big turnout among Latinos, blacks, young people, and other members of his base. But anyone chalking up the GOP's defeat to supposed gifts to these voters is "paying too little attention to how weak a candidate Mitt Romney was, and how much that hurt Republican prospec
preston

Waverly, OH

#402555 Nov 15, 2012
read this ROB and realize that this person could have been one that you hurt by being drunk.and you want to give me a rough time because of me and this filth that calls himself oldjg.

before you begin to attack someone else, clean your own closet out first.

The life of Xitclalli "Chilli" Vasquez, 9, took a tragic turn in the summer of 2011 when a drunk driver's car collided head-on with the car the Fort Worth, Texas, girl was riding in, leaving her paralyzed from the chest down.

Last week, on the day of convicted drunk driver Jeremy Solis's sentencing at Tarrant County Court, Vasquez had a chance to read him a letter she had written, a letter that brought Solis, the jury, and everyone present in the court room to tears, witnesses said.
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/texas-gi...
preston

Waverly, OH

#402556 Nov 15, 2012
Karl Rove Gives Yet Another Reason For Mitt Romney's Loss: He Had A 'Butt-Ugly Primary'

GET OVER IT, THIS GUY WAS THE WORST PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE EVER.

makes you wonder what is wrong with the republican party that they cant find a person that is agreeable with the policies and beliefs of the average american citizen.

his mouth as well as his religious affiliate beat him, not obama being so much better a candidate.

some of those 47% were college students and they arent stupid, being much more intelligent than the likes of mr fraud..

my sons GF said that many of those students at their college with extensively for Obama
preston

Waverly, OH

#402557 Nov 15, 2012
looking at my neg's it appears that the sda is alive and well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sex (May '13) 11 min Lucky 74
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Thinking 227,426
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Rosa_Winkel 738,850
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 22 min JuDeLeTe15mins 118,226
Koe pakistani couple ya girl in sydney 1 hr Rainy clouds 1
I Am Not RACIST, But... 1 hr maid angela 4
Join Me In This Little Prayer 3 Times A Day 1 hr maid angela 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 601,032
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr MUQ1 259,236
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Le_le 173,650