Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646943 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#402645 Nov 16, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
ANTHONY says.......I'm guessing your wife is out to dinner with her girlfriends and you're just looking for someone else to argue with.
MICHAEL says.........You ALWAYS guess wrong.
....let me guess...she's out having lunch right now...
-Hello-

United States

#402646 Nov 16, 2012
preston wrote:
Karl Rove Gives Yet Another Reason For Mitt Romney's Loss: He Had A 'Butt-Ugly Primary'
GET OVER IT, THIS GUY WAS THE WORST PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE EVER.
makes you wonder what is wrong with the republican party that they cant find a person that is agreeable with the policies and beliefs of the average american citizen.
his mouth as well as his religious affiliate beat him, not obama being so much better a candidate.
some of those 47% were college students and they arent stupid, being much more intelligent than the likes of mr fraud..
my sons GF said that many of those students at their college with extensively for Obama
Uh. Excuse me.
"GET OVER IT, THIS GUY WAS THE WORST PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE EVER."
YES. He WAS the worst presidential candidate ever - and THAT is the very reason the Republicans chose him.
They KNEW he wouldn't win; they didn't WANT him to win. And what we see now as 'freakout' is nothing but an act on the Republican Politicians' part.
Karl Rove moaning and groaning about $300 million lost in this campaign is nothing but an act. The Republicans are swimming in the money they ..took out of/stole from.. the economy during the George W. administration.$300 million is chump change to them.
They could have won this election if they had wanted to, all they needed to do is tweak their Diebold voting machines in their favor.
This election was nothing but a test run for them, to see how people would react. They did not want to take over the problems caused by George W. but they would rather wait for the Democrats to clean up the mess, and then use their nice little Deibold machines to steal yet another election -- so they can steal all the monies from the economy like they did the last time.
The only reason the Republican politicians like the Abortion Issue is that it helps them garner enough legitimate votes - so that the illegitimate votes go relatively unnoticed.
The last time we had a legitimate election is when Bill Clinton took office. We know this because George H. W. thought he was a shoe-in, and was traipsing around the Middle East like he owned the place (which was his goal -- we know this now because of the George W. administration) and he was shocked when he lost to Bill Clinton.
The Republicans don't care about abortion. They care about money and power. They use the abortion issue to garner votes and for no other reason.
Michael

Canada

#402647 Nov 16, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
Correction...
Little is open to personal bias and prejudice, as there is with pure gibberish.
The trinity didn't gain traction until the new testament. Jews from the OT never believed in a triune God. Thousands of times in the OT singular pronouns of God are mentioned I, He, Him Me...

also "I am".....

Its all made up to make the Jesus story come to life.

Indoctrinated christians just run with what they were taught.

Example: Just so happened that Joseph was not the husband yet of Mary so christian writers had to create this 3 persons in one God in order that God could come down from heaven and impregnate Mary while Joseph sat in the corner with his eyes closed.
frogmann

Masontown, PA

#402648 Nov 16, 2012
youtube.com/watch... …
Vatican is terrible yuk

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#402649 Nov 16, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
A question for Bible scholars:
Revelation...
1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
Question??????
Who or what are "the seven spirits?"
FM

The question is, "Who or what are the seven spirits?

Answer: It is difficult to say exactly, since this is apocolyptic writing. However, the number 7 is a number which means "perfection". And since this is a letter to the 7 churches(or the"perfect" Church), the 7 Spirits of God represents to each of these churches the aspects the gifts, graces, and operations of the Spirit of God in these churches....
Michael

Canada

#402650 Nov 16, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
....let me guess...she's out having lunch right now...
No she is at work digging post holes. Then she is going to a steel plant to make steel ingots so you can have another new car. After that when she comes home make my supper, rake all the leaves, get groceries, feed the dog, get me another snack, then about 2 AM go to bed. Get up to make my breakfast, then go to work again.

She has it pretty good! She is a lucky girl! She has me!
Michael

Canada

#402651 Nov 16, 2012
frogmann wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=6-t4wtt72A Q&feature=plcp …
Vatican is terrible yuk
Mr Frogmann........why would you state the vatican is terrible?

You are the 89th poster coming on here in the past 18 months stating such.

What makes you say that frogmann? Catholics just love the vatican.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#402652 Nov 16, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
We are told in Revelation 4:5:
"4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God."
"... 7 spirits of God" ????
Doesn't this conflict with the Holy Trinity concept?
FM

The answer is no however in this case rather than to the Churches and its needs. The number 7 here represents the Perfect Fullness of the Spirit of God, shining from the seven lamps....All of this of course is highly symbolic, and apocalyptic in nature...
Michael

Canada

#402653 Nov 16, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
FM
The question is, "Who or what are the seven spirits?
Answer: It is difficult to say exactly, since this is apocolyptic writing. However, the number 7 is a number which means "perfection". And since this is a letter to the 7 churches(or the"perfect" Church), the 7 Spirits of God represents to each of these churches the aspects the gifts, graces, and operations of the Spirit of God in these churches....
and if 100 others are asked to respond. We will get 100 different answers.

BUSTED!
preston

Athens, OH

#402654 Nov 16, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>since I am a cowboy(in mind only), I was reminded of a old song of years back. this is what I think of the sda coward.
Jesse James
Jesse James was a lad that killed many a man,
He robbed the Danville train.
But that dirty little coward that shot Mr. Howard
Has laid poor Jesse in his grave.
Poor Jesse had a wife to mourn for his life,
Three children, they were brave,
But the dirty little coward that shot Mr. Howard
Has laid poor Jesse in his grave.
It was Robert Ford, that dirty little coward,
I wonder how he did feel,
For he ate of Jesse's bread, and he slept in Jesse's bed,
Then he laid poor Jesse in his grave.
Jesse was a man, a friend to the poor,
He never would see a man suffer pain;
And with his brother Frank, he robbed the Chicago bank,
And stopped the Gendale train.
It was his brother Frank that robbed the Gallatin bank,
And carried the money from the town;
It was in this very place that they had a little race,
For they shot Captain Sheets to the ground.
They went to the crossing, not very far from there,
And there they did the same;
With the agent on his knees, he delivered up the keys
To the outlaws, Frank and Jesse James.
It was Wednesday night, the moon was shining bright,
They robbed the Glendale train.
The people they did say, for many miles away
It was robbed by Frank and Jesse James.
It was Saturday night, Jesse was at home,
Talking with his family brave.
Robert Ford came along like a thief in the night
And laid poor Jesse in his grave.
The people held their breath when they heard of Jesse's death,
And wondered how he came to die;
It was one of the gang called little Robert Ford,
He shot poor Jesse on the sly.
Jesse went to his rest with hand on his breast;
The devil will be upon his knee.
He was born one day in the County of Clay
And came from a solitary race.
This song was made by Billy Gashade
As soon as the news did arrive.
He said there was no man, with the law in his hand,
Who could take Jesse James while alive.
AND THERE IS NO MAN ON HERE WHO CAN PROVE ME WRONG WHEN I USE THE BIBLE AS MY ROADMAP
just turned on the Lawman on the western channel and the program is about Bob Ford.alias the sda cultist.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#402655 Nov 16, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Frogmann........why would you state the vatican is terrible?
You are the 89th poster coming on here in the past 18 months stating such.
What makes you say that frogmann? Catholics just love the vatican.
I've never been to Italy but my husband has - says the Vatican is beautiful.
preston

Athens, OH

#402656 Nov 16, 2012
-Hello- wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh. Excuse me.
"GET OVER IT, THIS GUY WAS THE WORST PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE EVER."
YES. He WAS the worst presidential candidate ever - and THAT is the very reason the Republicans chose him.
They KNEW he wouldn't win; they didn't WANT him to win. And what we see now as 'freakout' is nothing but an act on the Republican Politicians' part.
Karl Rove moaning and groaning about $300 million lost in this campaign is nothing but an act. The Republicans are swimming in the money they ..took out of/stole from.. the economy during the George W. administration.$300 million is chump change to them.
They could have won this election if they had wanted to, all they needed to do is tweak their Diebold voting machines in their favor.
This election was nothing but a test run for them, to see how people would react. They did not want to take over the problems caused by George W. but they would rather wait for the Democrats to clean up the mess, and then use their nice little Deibold machines to steal yet another election -- so they can steal all the monies from the economy like they did the last time.
The only reason the Republican politicians like the Abortion Issue is that it helps them garner enough legitimate votes - so that the illegitimate votes go relatively unnoticed.
The last time we had a legitimate election is when Bill Clinton took office. We know this because George H. W. thought he was a shoe-in, and was traipsing around the Middle East like he owned the place (which was his goal -- we know this now because of the George W. administration) and he was shocked when he lost to Bill Clinton.
The Republicans don't care about abortion. They care about money and power. They use the abortion issue to garner votes and for no other reason.
I agree with you wholeheartly.

Bush made his pact with the devil(he oil companies) and we the American citizens have paid for it ever since.

and why the average person cant understand that is beyond my comprension

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#402657 Nov 16, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm.
Which saying of Jesus are you citing? Please be specific,, so I will understand what you mean.
Rob
The use of Self.

It really isn't that hard to understand, unless you believe men, in which, with having to pose this question to me, it seems that you would rather believe those men, instead of Jesus.

And you call yourself a "priest"? You should already know these things.

Afterall, you are promoting it with encourages others to make choices.
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#402658 Nov 16, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The use of Self.
It really isn't that hard to understand, unless you believe men, in which, with having to pose this question to me, it seems that you would rather believe those men, instead of Jesus.
And you call yourself a "priest"? You should already know these things.
Afterall, you are promoting it with encourages others to make choices.
Okay.
If I understand you, Jesus stated "the use of Self."
Rather unfortunate about the lack of an active subject, with a verb in agreement.
How are we to know exactly what He meant by this?
He might have made this a little more clear, as in "the use of Self is advantageous," or "the use of Self is forbidden."
How do you decipher which one H e meant, or if He meant something else entirely?
Also, what text are you citing, where Jesus said, "the use of Self?" Is it possible this is from a fragmented page of some sort?
???
Rob
Clay

Denver, CO

#402659 Nov 16, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 11:29
For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
That is bible verse warfare in the dumbest level possible.
Do you think your hands are washed?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#402660 Nov 16, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Your salvation is your spirit(in the same manner).
This is correct - no religion is required.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, and the last time, this is a selfish spirituality, Gnosticism is selfish in nature.
No, it isn't.

If it was, then I wouldn't be here helping those individuals who are lost.

Maybe you should bring my being here up with your "God" and tell "Him" what you think. Maybe "He'll" listen to you and oust me.

Then again, maybe "He" won't and let me keep posting.

The conundrums of "God", huh?

How does one reconcile these indifferences?

A: throught he use of Self.

I think you just acquired the letter "H" for the miss.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question has been asked and answered by me more than once.
Gnosticism is selfish in nature.

No it hasn't. You've tried to skirt your way around it every step of the way.

a. You can't supply any cupport to your opinion.
b. You can't be truthful and honest and admit that there isn't any
c. You don't believe in all of what Jesus taught, only those teachings that were approved by others.
d. You think "Paul" i smore than enlightened than Jesus, I don't.

All facts you refuse to acknowledge as true.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think asking the same question over and over will evoke a different response?

Hopefully, you will realize that throughout all the non-answers, you would finally realize that I am looking for honesty, and not diversion. It seems you can't or haven't reached that pinnacle of your life yet.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
So I propose your blindness of expecting a different response is the result of being unreasonable...i.e. Your reasoning is not logical.

I'm not the one being unreasonable at all.

I've made statements, and even asked you to supply support for your "objectiveness", but you have failed at doing so, even when I do.

Again, my logic is direct and to the point. Whereas, yours is mirky, muddled, and what seems to be not tuned into my questions.

Maybe you don't understand the logic of Jesus and are trying to be one of those "Literalist Catholics"....*shrugs*... ..who think if the Bible says something, that is what it means. I doubt this, because, you've made speculated opinions ont he "7 Spirits", yet again, didn't have anything to support your position by biblical scholarship. You know, those men and women who have studied the Bible for context, age, use of terms, etc.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
This makes all of your "free will", and conscience issues invalid in some way....
No it doesn't, "God" supposedly gave us free will.

Free will = perception = Self = Spirit.

If "God" gave this to us, then it must be true.

Nothing like you think it means.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
(This makes Gnosticism invalid in some way....)
This is called a syllogism of logic.
"in some way"

There it is - the "surity" of men.

In many ways - Christianity is invalid.

Why don't you believe in Jesus?

Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?

What teachings do you think Jesus gave to the other seven Apostles that you don't recognize as being "true"? Why?

I haven't given up on you yet Robert.

;o)
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#402661 Nov 16, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, that's why the RCC leaves so much of Revelation out of all Bible Reading cycles -- more than any other Book.
The RCC censors Biblical Proof.
Mother Church is on a Triumphant March, but *your* mother wears army boots.
8-P
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#402662 Nov 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Then anythign written by men is flawed, including
what
you
believe.
Shhhh...
Don't go pointing *that* out ...
He'll never believe you anyway .. that would be "believing men."
.You know you can't believe anything he says, for that very reason ...
;-)
Rob
Clay

Denver, CO

#402663 Nov 16, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>If it is really a 'free gift', can there be any strings attached? Any addendums? Any payments? Ir it is a truely 'free gift' it makes no requirements. You do SAY that it is a free gift, but then you add a string of 'buts'...But you must; but you have to; but there is more...... NO BUTS Anthony. Salvation is a FREE GIFT bought with the blood of Jesus....PAID IN FULL.
Of all the subjects we cover on here,'faith alone''once saved always saved' is the one that makes me the most uncomfortable.
Clearly, Protestants are not in agreement.
We know Catholics were taught faith + works.

One side is preaching a false doctrine and leading our children down the wrong path to salvation.

I know the Catholics and whatever Protestants agree with us on this are correct. Its common sense that a person can choose to reject Christ after knowing Him.

I know others are sure that OSAS is correct.

Someone will be held terribly accountable for messing up the will of God.
From what I can tell, faith + works was always taught in Christianity. Eastern Orthodox AND Roman Catholic are in agreement. Both can be traced to the Apostles and we have writings from the earlier Church that teaches how we teach today.
OSAS is believed because some dude read what he wanted to see from sacred scripture. It was NEVER taught!
For OSAS believers, you best hope that dude was an authority on sacred scripture and God wanted to reveal something to you guys that apparently got missed the previous 1800 yrs.
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#402664 Nov 16, 2012
<quoted text>
More Self.
Thnks for proving the points I've made.
Yes, but since I wwrote it, and I am a man, you cannot believe it, so it would not prove anything.
You don't "believe men," remember?
Or should I not believe that, since you wrote it ...
You are VERY confusing ...
8-P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i need a man to get me pregnant no strings atta... (Dec '12) 25 min Breedu 69
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 25 min Darkbolt500 22
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 48 min River Tam 49,436
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 53 min Annaleigh 105,683
Maturbating now 59 min Johny 1
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 1 hr patsy the shared ... 23
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 971,805
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,110
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 4 hr WasteWater 27
More from around the web