Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591231 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

preston

Waverly, OH

#402439 Nov 15, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>I did. It was for my sins that He died.
SHOULD WE CALL THE FBI, since there is no statute of Limitation on the crime of Murder?
charles

Dublin, OH

#402440 Nov 15, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>here are some words from jesus, Himself.
we were the reason that He died, but we didnt kill him.
Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
HEISMAN NEXT YEAR 4 SURE. GO BUCKS.
I hope he gets better in the passing game...I think he will, he's still only a sophmore.
charles

Dublin, OH

#402441 Nov 15, 2012
preston wrote:
yes
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#402442 Nov 15, 2012
God must be a bad communicator, because there is so much disagreement about what the "clear word of God" really means --- and beyond that, the meaning seems to change from era to era.

So-called "perfect teachings" change.

No one knows what is "infallible teaching" and what is not. People can only surmise, because not even the RCC itself is certain.

A true God would do a better job of communicating, that's for sure.

Or perhaps, we are simply here for God's amusement and we're all part of a game.

That's one explanation.
charles

Dublin, OH

#402443 Nov 15, 2012
preston wrote:
yes....as in I agree with you
OldJG

Chicago, IL

#402444 Nov 15, 2012
gotquestions.org is a great source of Biblical truth. Thank you Preston.
preston

Waverly, OH

#402445 Nov 15, 2012
OldJG wrote:
Poor Preston! Have you noticed when he has been corrected and exposed he rants on and on about his health issues? Why is that? Could it be he is nothing more than a fake and a phony seeking sympathy? Makes a person wonder doesn't it?
WANNA TELL ME WHERE i WAS CORRECT AND ON WHAT.

pad BROUGHT UP MY AILMENTS(HIS WORD, NOT MINE)ED

and you dont have to go to Got questions to get the answer. you made the accusation, so prove it that I have been correctged.LOL
preston

Waverly, OH

#402446 Nov 15, 2012
WANNA TELL ME WHERE i WAS CORRECT{ED} AND ON WHAT.

should have been CORRECTED, instead of the word CORRECT
preston

Waverly, OH

#402447 Nov 15, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
God must be a bad communicator, because there is so much disagreement about what the "clear word of God" really means --- and beyond that, the meaning seems to change from era to era.
So-called "perfect teachings" change.
No one knows what is "infallible teaching" and what is not. People can only surmise, because not even the RCC itself is certain.
A true God would do a better job of communicating, that's for sure.
Or perhaps, we are simply here for God's amusement and we're all part of a game.
That's one explanation.
God has never had a problem communicating with people.

man has a problem understanding.

God says what He means and means what He says
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#402448 Nov 15, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
But only if you belong to the catholic church.
The catholic church is getting credit for your salvation and not Jesus.
who="Anthony MN"wrote
That is false.
~~~
CONFRONTING WRITES..
The trend of every Roman Catholic ON THIS FORUM has been as LTM POSTED
AND THAT INCLUDES YOU...
|The "trend" for you Confrinting (just like LTM) is "to make things up" as you go along----"desperately hoping" that ANY ONE of your distorted "anti-catholic (myths) will "TAKE HOLD" of which it (never does)!!! Take a lesson from your wife KayMarie!! She is the "only" true Christian in your family!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

#402449 Nov 15, 2012
OldJG wrote:
gotquestions.org is a great source of Biblical truth. Thank you Preston.
you need to tell mr fraud before he issues you a summons to appear in his court(JESTER's),

NOT ME!

I KNEW THOSE WORDS DIDNT COME FROM A PERSON AS IGNORANT AS YOU SEEM TO BE.

so I did check it out and easily found where you took it from,

just as I did with mr fraud.

ignorance is easily seen and just as easy to prove about many of you frauds.

DEACON?

my dog has a better chance being ordained than a person as filthy mouthed as you are.lol
OldJG

Chicago, IL

#402450 Nov 15, 2012
Jesus died to make a way for us back to the Father. The sin of Adam in the garden had separated all of us from the Father. We are all descendants of Adam. The only acceptable sacrifice for the sin of Adam and our sin which separated us from the Father was a sinless perfect flawless lamb. Jesus! We were out of fellowship with the Father. We were His enemies. Yet He loved us so much He sent His only Son to die in our place on the cross. Jesus blood provided peace for us with the Father and a bridge back to fellowship with Him.

Colossians 1:19-21, "For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ, 20 and through him God reconciled everything to himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of Christ's blood on the cross. 21 This includes you who were once far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions."

Romans 5:8, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#402451 Nov 15, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"our obedience to get baptized is to show the world ..."
If I'm a believer and also have the opportunity to be baptized and choose not to, am I still saved?
Even though numerous Scriptures speak of the importance of water baptism, adding anything to the work of the cross demeans the sacrifice of the Savior. It implies that His finished work wasn't enough. But the Bible makes clear that we are saved by grace, and grace alone,
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
—Ephesians 2:8-9
Baptism is simply a step of obedience to the Lord following our repentance and confession of sin. Our obedience--water baptism, prayer, good works, fellowship, witnessing, etc.--issues from our faith in Christ. Salvation is not what we do, but Who we have.
He that has the Son has life; and he that has not the Son of God has not life.
—1 John 5:12
Anthony, we can not add anything we done to the works that Jesus did for our sins on the cross: everything we do is works even though Jesus command that we be baptized.
It is something we do.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#402452 Nov 15, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, then you will also agree that the epistles are of no relevance to what Jesus taught, and that they seemed to be only relevant to the unknown author of them.
I can see that you still refuse to cite where "God" states that Gnosticism, or any religious belief for that matter, is heresy.
Probably because only the men you believe and follow have, and seem to lose some sort of "face" if you post otherwise - you know - the truth that "God" never stated it.
But will you? Not yet you haven't.
Afraid of something or someone, Robert?
NASL

The Bible is the standard collection of Christian writings which are canonized....

You write, "I can see that you still refuse to cite where "God" states that Gnosticism, or any religious belief for that matter, is heresy."

I have a couple of times to you. You simply are unable to hear, or unable to understand, or refuse to one or the both, hear or understand.( IMHO I suspect you refuse.)So for the last time, Gnosticism breaks the First Commandment of the Law, given to Moses.

You write,"Probably because only the men you believe and follow have, and seem to lose some sort of "face" if you post otherwise - you know - the truth that "God" never stated it."

Answer: Unfounded speculation. God stated it. 1st Commandment broke....

You write: "But will you? Not yet you haven't."

Answer: Asked and answered. But its strange how you ask and answer a question for me. And,

You further add,"Afraid of something or someone, Robert?"

Answer: Since I have shown 6 of those Commandments are broken by Gnosticism, I have no need/desire to go further into the proof.
IMHO it is basically your desire to exhaust the issue, so that it may serve as a sort of enduring question. But as I have commented enough on these "Why" questions, I am satisfied. Your refusal to accept my answer stops our discussion.

I fear God..., and ask he lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from evil....
OldJG

Chicago, IL

#402453 Nov 15, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you need to tell mr fraud before he issues you a summons to appear in his court(JESTER's),
NOT ME!
I KNEW THOSE WORDS DIDNT COME FROM A PERSON AS IGNORANT AS YOU SEEM TO BE.
so I did check it out and easily found where you took it from,
just as I did with mr fraud.
ignorance is easily seen and just as easy to prove about many of you frauds.
DEACON?
my dog has a better chance being ordained than a person as filthy mouthed as you are.lol
Thank you. Everytime you open your mouth you prove to all that you are of your father the devil.

Also, I never told anyone the words were my words. Never. Because you jumped to that conclusion cannot be controled by me. You jump to many things.

Your quote, "DEACON? my dog has a better chance being ordained than a person as filthy mouthed as you are.lol" End quote.

Yes, I am a Deacon. We know what your are!
OldJG

Chicago, IL

#402454 Nov 15, 2012
OldJG wrote:
Poor Preston! Have you noticed when he has been corrected and exposed he rants on and on about his health issues? Why is that? Could it be he is nothing more than a fake and a phony seeking sympathy? Makes a person wonder doesn't it?
preston wrote:
<quoted text>WANNA TELL ME WHERE i WAS CORRECT AND ON WHAT.
pad BROUGHT UP MY AILMENTS(HIS WORD, NOT MINE)ED
and you dont have to go to Got questions to get the answer. you made the accusation, so prove it that I have been correctged.LOL
Your quote, "WANNA TELL ME WHERE i WAS CORRECT AND ON WHAT." End quote.

On 99% of anything having to do with Scripture. Other than that you tell the truth.

Your quote, "pad BROUGHT UP MY AILMENTS(HIS WORD, NOT MINE)ED
" End quote.

How would "pad" or anyone else know of your ailments if you did not cry and moan about them over and over and over again? How would they know? Are they psychics or are you a complaining groaning baby?

I Corinthians 10:8-10, 8 Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell; 9 nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents; 10 nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer."

Sound familiar Preston? Oh yes.....this is you!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

#402455 Nov 15, 2012
when you stand for something, you need to expect that some others will attack you for your stand.

In this instance, money means and meant more to TBN that the Truth, and if he had said this about benny hinn, couch would have issed a fatwa against van impe

Van Impe leaves TBN over ‘Chrislam’ remarks
posted by Beliefnet News Editor
By ADELLE M. BANKS
c. 2011 Religion News Service

(RNS) Jack Van Impe, a popular End Times broadcaster, has ended his decades-long run on Trinity Broadcasting Network after a dispute over naming ministers that he accuses of mixing Christian and Muslim beliefs.

Earlier this month, Van Impe named California megachurch founders Rick Warren and Robert H. Schuller as proponents of “Chrislam,” which he defined as “a uniting of Christianity with Islam.” TBN pulled the episode before a repeat broadcast could air.

Michigan-based Jack Van Impe Ministries said its board of directors decided unanimously Thursday (June 17) to no longer work with TBN.

“We would not be able to minister effectively if we had to look over our shoulder wondering if a program was going to be censored because of mentioning a name,” said Ken Vancil, executive director of the ministry, in a statement.

TBN president and founder Paul Crouch expressed disappointment with the ministry’s decision.

“Although I understand, and actually agree with, your position that you ‘will not allow anyone to tell me what I can and cannot preach,’ I trust you understand that TBN takes the same position with its broadcast air time as well,” Crouch wrote in a letter to Van Impe.

Van Impe’s program cited Warren’s speech to an Islamic conference in Washington in 2009 and Schuller’s keynote address at an interfaith conference called “A Common Word” in 2008.

Read more: http://blog.beliefnet.com/news/2011/06/van-im...
preston

Waverly, OH

#402456 Nov 15, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Everytime you open your mouth you prove to all that you are of your father the devil.
Also, I never told anyone the words were my words. Never. Because you jumped to that conclusion cannot be controled by me. You jump to many things.
Your quote, "DEACON? my dog has a better chance being ordained than a person as filthy mouthed as you are.lol" End quote.
nor did I claim that the quote hat I used from CNN was mine either, but the board idiot mr fraud jumped all over me.

so all that I tried to do was warn you and you take offense with my assistance. no wonder so much filth comes from your heart and mouth.

and if a poll was taken, you would not get very many votes electing you as a deacon and for sure, if your church knew what kind of person that you are, they would rescind any position that you MIGHT hold.

sorry that I cant answer these words since they dont make any sense."We know what your are". your english is as bad as Orvilles and your heart is just as bad. he claims to be a prophet and you claim to be a deacon.

BOTH OF YOU ARE LIARS.LOL
charles

Dublin, OH

#402457 Nov 15, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mean to get involved here but are you the same OldJG that I confronted a while back about the way you were talking to women on this forum? If you are...you're a Deacon...huh...wow.

If I have the wrong OldJG my apologies.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#402458 Nov 15, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
False doctrine and "another Gospel" are not the same issue. They can be the same but are not always. Purgatory is false doctrine yet is not "another Gospel". Doctrine is an opinion/interpretation and the Gospel is absolute truth. To state Billy Graham believes Once Saved Always Saved is teaching "another Gospel" is foolishness. If you teach Once Saved Always Saved is wrong would that doctrine represent "another Gospel"? It is your opinion/interpretation not "another Gospel".
Based on your question perhaps you do not know the Gospel . Do you know the "Gospel"?
Galatians 1:8-9, 8 "But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed."
Amen and good examle of preaching another Godpel is Ophra WInfrey that there is more than one path and Obama, Muhamad, Hinduism et.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Jac 100,170
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Al Garcia 841,069
Rajkot gay Topix 39 min rohit sexy 93
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min Truths 612,247
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 52 min lovewithin 40,574
Fondling my nipples drives me wild 54 min LipsAndTongue 5
Israel End is Near 1 hr MUQ2 117
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 4,717
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 6 hr Quasi Moto 261
More from around the web