Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687387 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#402569 Nov 15, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true. We've always said that salvation is a free gift from God.
If it is really a 'free gift', can there be any strings attached? Any addendums? Any payments? Ir it is a truely 'free gift' it makes no requirements. You do SAY that it is a free gift, but then you add a string of 'buts'...But you must; but you have to; but there is more...... NO BUTS Anthony. Salvation is a FREE GIFT bought with the blood of Jesus....PAID IN FULL.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#402570 Nov 15, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm a believer and also have the opportunity to be baptized and choose not to, am I still saved?
Anthony,Anthony,Anthony....How many times and how many ways do you want me to say it? Baptism is NOT SALVIFIC. Getting baptized does not save you........Not getting baptized does not 'lost' you. Do I need to say it again?
Christianity is ALL about a RELATIONSHIP....which makes it unlike any other religion in the world. Christianity is GOD reaching down to man. All other religions are about MAN reaching up to God.
Compare it to your relationship with your child. Is it in any way based on what they do....i.e. you didn't do your chores(which I told you to do) so you are out of the family. You are cast out. You are banished forever. If you then being a sinner offer that much grace to your child how much more does He who loves us more than we can even comprehend. One who's ways are above our ways. How much more grace does He afford us?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#402571 Nov 15, 2012
Ephesians 5
18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might[......... sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,......]

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#402572 Nov 15, 2012
OldJG wrote:
gotquestions.org is a great source of Biblical truth. Thank you Preston.
Agree.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#402573 Nov 15, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of reminds one of PERSY on the movie THE GREEN MILE..... lol
Interesting comparison. lol Could be onto something.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#402574 Nov 15, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of reminds one of PERSY on the movie THE GREEN MILE..... lol
Do you suppose that he is somewhat retarded? Seems his cheese is slidin' off his cracker.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#402575 Nov 15, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Do you suppose that he is somewhat retarded? Seems his cheese is slidin' off his cracker.
Well emotionaly disturbed for sure he definatley has sever emotional imbalance combined with a compulsive behavior disorder. There are people like him that spend their entire life trying to belittle others just to make the feel good about theirself because deep down they feel like they were a disappointmet and probablly was talked down to as a child growing up therefore he is scared and insecure. I imagine at some point in this life he has had a nervous break down and never fully recoverd as well.

All we can do is forgive him in our heart and pray for him because he doesn't really know any other way of life.
Clayx

Denver, CO

#402576 Nov 16, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Anthony,Anthony,Anthon y....How many times and how many ways do you want me to say it? Baptism is NOT SALVIFIC. Getting baptized does not save you........Not getting baptized does not 'lost' you. Do I need to say it again?
Christianity is ALL about a RELATIONSHIP....which makes it unlike any other religion in the world. Christianity is GOD reaching down to man. All other religions are about MAN reaching up to God.
Compare it to your relationship with your child. Is it in any way based on what they do....i.e. you didn't do your chores(which I told you to do) so you are out of the family. You are cast out. You are banished forever. If you then being a sinner offer that much grace to your child how much more does He who loves us more than we can even comprehend. One who's ways are above our ways. How much more grace does He afford us?
Why not baptize? The Jews circumcised as a sacred rite into their religion. Baptism as believed by the first Christians - taught from the Apostles- is the new circumcision. The rite of Christian initiation.
Christ said "bring me the little children, do not hinder them".
So what's the big deal? Anyone with common sense knows that baby will someday need to make his own decision on following Christ. Catholics officially do this at Confirmation. But privately could make this commitment at any age whenever mature enough.
I think you all strive to hard to separate yourselves from anything Catholic. Unfortunately, you also separate yourselves from the teachings of the Apostles.
Clay

Denver, CO

#402577 Nov 16, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>If it is really a 'free gift', can there be any strings attached? Any addendums? Any payments? Ir it is a truely 'free gift' it makes no requirements. You do SAY that it is a free gift, but then you add a string of 'buts'...But you must; but you have to; but there is more...... NO BUTS Anthony. Salvation is a FREE GIFT bought with the blood of Jesus....PAID IN FULL.
Think about it...
Just because God is offering us a free gift, does not mean we have to take it! He isn't exchanging the free gift for free will. We still have a choice ya know.
Someone can give you a brand new car as a free gift. But you could refuse it. Or you can accept it, then later give it back.
The gift of salvation is given along with the gift of free will.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#402578 Nov 16, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Billy Graham is a great brother in Christ,and I would love to meet him before he goes to be with the Lord.Your negative comments about him are your own,I have nothing to do with what you say about another b r o t h e r in Christ.You baffle me,and I do not understand the bitter root that is in you.Be assured of this Preston,I will not take a course in Liars 101,because I do not intentionally seek to deceive others.
I commend the fact that you know the Scriptures,and are convinced of what is Salvation,and the Born-again mandate of the Lord Jesus,but the rest of your thinking and views displayed on this forum,and especially the constant accusations remain a stumbling block to what you know in your heart from God and His Christ yours and my Savior.You go where Angels fear to tread!
Sorry, PAD, I have to disagree with you....he is a false teacher...
~~~
WHY DO YOU JUDGE
Rev Billy Graham...
Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Are you willing TO BE JUDGED BY THE SAME JUDGMENT THAT YOU ARE JUDGING HIM, WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD?
Mat_7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Luk_6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
Billy Graham TEACHES "Once Saved Always Saved."

Don't you think that is misleading SOULS and putting their SOULS in danger????

Is Billy Graham's teachings the same with the Word of God???

Come on, people wake up!!!!!!!!!!

TEST THE SPIRITS!!!!!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#402579 Nov 16, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>PAD aint the brightest bulb in this light that is being shed on this forum.
he just had to enter this discussion when it was NONE of his business, especially since he himself doesnt believe that osas is Biblical.
as I told HOJO, I have been involved in grahams crusades(back when I was young and dumb) and they are a farce, and no Christian should support this guy. I can undestand why HOLJO did since graham would send "enquirers" back to the rcc that they had left in the first place and came to him expecting to find the Gospel truth.
the bottom line is that a person is not going to find God where God aint.
I do not understand why people don't think more highly of their souls and their family's souls to TEST THESES SPIRITS against the WORD OF GOD.....

I, too, have tested Billy Grahams false teachings and that is exactly what it is FALSE TEACHINGS....among other ones of the TV tube....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#402580 Nov 16, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Yoshould be sorry for a single post.
Rants....

Why didn't you answer my question????

Man must put forth effort in order to receive this gift???

God's part....

Man's part....

We do NOTHING to become righteous.....ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

There ARE requirements from man....

Again, why didn't you answer my question???

What did the Israelites still have to do in order to "take possession" of this gift (land of Canaan)?????
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#402581 Nov 16, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Pad, you are correct about Billy Grahm. He is a greatly admired man of God who has brought more people to Christ than the Great(Johnny-jump-up Preacher) Preston has even met. But this agent of Satan attacks every Christian everywhere. He runs from one poster to another like a gossipy old woman and accuses and back-bites in typical demonic form. He spends hours looking up past posts to justify his attacks and all the while tells what a GREAT CHRISTIAN he is. There is no one on this thread who is more dispicable. As I said before, he literally makes my skin crawl.
What is your SOUL worth that you would follow a false teacher???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#402582 Nov 16, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Baptism is a 'sacrament'? Are you sure you understand what a 'sacrament' is? Please check it out and see if that is really what you meant to say.
lol....lol....lol...

Oh my...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#402583 Nov 16, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>If it is really a 'free gift', can there be any strings attached? Any addendums? Any payments? Ir it is a truely 'free gift' it makes no requirements. You do SAY that it is a free gift, but then you add a string of 'buts'...But you must; but you have to; but there is more...... NO BUTS Anthony. Salvation is a FREE GIFT bought with the blood of Jesus....PAID IN FULL.
What did the Israelites still have to do in order to "take possession" of this gift (land of Canaan)?????
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#402584 Nov 16, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Agree.
lol...lol...

Apparently, you don't check out the links either for false teachings....

What is your SOUL worth again???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#402585 Nov 16, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it...
Just because God is offering us a free gift, does not mean we have to take it! He isn't exchanging the free gift for free will. We still have a choice ya know.
Someone can give you a brand new car as a free gift. But you could refuse it. Or you can accept it, then later give it back.
The gift of salvation is given along with the gift of free will.
Clay,

They refuse/accept the: "MUST DO"

Salvation INVOLVES us.....

A command "MUST DO"
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#402586 Nov 16, 2012
Michael wrote:
Pope John XXIII in the early 60s put his vision into place to modernize the roman catholic church. Today 50 years later it is the core problem between the current vatican and the nuns in america.
Vatican II documents introduced local languages into the mass, inter faith dialogue and the Nuns were allowed Re examine their mission, and even their way of dress.
The nuns claim they are just following the documents instituted in vatican II.
This pope wants local language masses recinded and back to Latin only. Sorry Italian, German, Lithuanian, people. He wants nuns back in uniform dress, and get back to the convent hidden away where they belong, and (who cares what Pope John XXIII's vision was)
The current vatican does not like educated nuns, does not like nuns not dressing like nuns, and wants them to spend more time reciting church doctrines, than working out in the trenches helping the poor and needy. In other words the hirearchy has lost their "CONTROL" and as any OUTSIDER knows CONTROL is everything in the catholic church.
Why do you believe priests around the nation who knew of children sexually abused looked the other way? CONTROL! by their bishops, FEAR of their bishops, just as the bishops are controlled by their cardinals and the pope pulls all the strings whenever he wants to.
1... Virtually every Bishop on planet earth's 5 inhabited continents handled child sex abuse reports the same way -- duck and cover.

2... How could this possibly happen UNLESS bishops worldwide were directed by the Vatican?

3... The Vatican is led by Jesus' supposed sole appointed representative on planet earth.

Therefore, through their absurd "one-true, uniquely guided by Jesus" claim -- Catholics are blaming Jesus for decades of child sex abuse COVER-UP.

I do not blame Jesus for leading the world's largest child sex abuse COVER-UP -- based on Jesus' words in the Bible.

1... Jesus said what should happen to those who harmed children.

2... Jesus said that we should know false teachers "by their deeds."

Catholics -- stop making a mockery of Jesus.

The RCC is a church, one church, no better and no worse than most other churches. But logic and reason and Jesus' own words -- let us KNOW FOR CERTAIN that Jesus would never lead "His Church" into such a vile, despicable immorality!

The one-true claim is 100% BUSTED. Thank you Jesus for giving us a sign.
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#402587 Nov 16, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>ROB, did you see the many filthy posts that this kook made and yet you wish to attack me? just as he has done.
it is called a reasonable defense, you can like it or not or me, makes no difference to me.
I had a very good Spirtual Experience with the Lord when i got saved, you cant say the same.
and 36 hours later. I had an Experience that you could never fathom.you can only read about what God will do in a pesons life ut you will never experience it.
so look at your own deficencies and dont worry about me, I have been Saved for over 30 years.
YOU NEVER HAVE.
Preston, you can see a question as an attack if you so choose.
I cannot stop you.
If you choose for your focus to be on someone else and their splinter, that is also your choice.
Were I to reccommend, I would tell anyone to focus on their own relationship with God, and on any plank that is hetting in the way.
.You may aso choose to see that as a plank.
I am making NO comment about what anyone else has or has not done. That would be THEIR sin, not mine, and not yours.
Do you want to fucus on someone else's sin, or examine your own relationship with God?
That is all I am asking you.
The choice is your own.
Rob
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#402588 Nov 16, 2012
A question for Bible scholars:

Revelation...

1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Question??????

Who or what are "the seven spirits?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr 360Junkman 987,388
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 hr Worth Repeating 31,361
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 4 hr Black Flag 4
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 5 hr Will lowe 10
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Seentheotherside 6,491
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Lol U suck big D 286,597
Does a cell Phone still ring if a battery has g... (Oct '07) 7 hr Unicorn2331 35
More from around the web