Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665388 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#402509 Nov 15, 2012
marge wrote:
Robert, are you sure the word isn't davar?
That is, as Dr. Campbell renders,'by every thing which God is pleased to appoint;' for [rhema,] which generally signifies a word, is, by a Hebraism, here taken for a thing, like davar, in Hebrew.
It is the word dabar....
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#402510 Nov 15, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though numerous Scriptures speak of the importance of water baptism, adding anything to the work of the cross demeans the sacrifice of the Savior. It implies that His finished work wasn't enough. But the Bible makes clear that we are saved by grace, and grace alone,
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
—Ephesians 2:8-9
Baptism is simply a step of obedience to the Lord following our repentance and confession of sin. Our obedience--water baptism, prayer, good works, fellowship, witnessing, etc.--issues from our faith in Christ. Salvation is not what we do, but Who we have.
He that has the Son has life; and he that has not the Son of God has not life.
—1 John 5:12
Anthony, we can not add anything we done to the works that Jesus did for our sins on the cross: everything we do is works even though Jesus command that we be baptized.
It is something we do.
Then you believe a person who believes but chooses not to be baptizes is still saved?

Since: Dec 11

Newport, UK

#402511 Nov 15, 2012
The Catholic Church should be ashamed of themselves. Systematic abuse of young children. Senior Vatican figures go to great lengths to cover their sins.

Nothing to be proud of being a part of this church
Michael

Canada

#402512 Nov 15, 2012
Pope John XXIII in the early 60s put his vision into place to modernize the roman catholic church. Today 50 years later it is the core problem between the current vatican and the nuns in america.
Vatican II documents introduced local languages into the mass, inter faith dialogue and the Nuns were allowed Re examine their mission, and even their way of dress.
The nuns claim they are just following the documents instituted in vatican II.
This pope wants local language masses recinded and back to Latin only. Sorry Italian, German, Lithuanian, people. He wants nuns back in uniform dress, and get back to the convent hidden away where they belong, and (who cares what Pope John XXIII's vision was)
The current vatican does not like educated nuns, does not like nuns not dressing like nuns, and wants them to spend more time reciting church doctrines, than working out in the trenches helping the poor and needy. In other words the hirearchy has lost their "CONTROL" and as any OUTSIDER knows CONTROL is everything in the catholic church.
Why do you believe priests around the nation who knew of children sexually abused looked the other way? CONTROL! by their bishops, FEAR of their bishops, just as the bishops are controlled by their cardinals and the pope pulls all the strings whenever he wants to.
preston

Athens, OH

#402513 Nov 15, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
*Why* mustvthe question be asked?
Preston, is there not enough to look to in your own relationship with the Lord, that you are ending up focused on this?
Do you really have as perfect a relationship with God as you ought to have, or want to have?
Rob
ROB, did you see the many filthy posts that this kook made and yet you wish to attack me? just as he has done.

it is called a reasonable defense, you can like it or not or me, makes no difference to me.

I had a very good Spirtual Experience with the Lord when i got saved, you cant say the same.

and 36 hours later. I had an Experience that you could never fathom.you can only read about what God will do in a pesons life ut you will never experience it.

so look at your own deficencies and dont worry about me, I have been Saved for over 30 years.

YOU NEVER HAVE.
preston

Athens, OH

#402514 Nov 15, 2012
ROB, are you so naive that you dont beleive that a person who has posted such filth on this forum shouldnt repent?
Michael

Canada

#402515 Nov 15, 2012
Komutt wrote:
The Catholic Church should be ashamed of themselves. Systematic abuse of young children. Senior Vatican figures go to great lengths to cover their sins.
Nothing to be proud of being a part of this church
We have been over this 100 times on this forum, but its good to know that their are many concerned people out there like yourself who are not afraid to stand up against evils in the catholic church.

80% of the nuns in america are under attack by the vatican. 2 seperate investigations of them. Nuns who never molested any child being investigated by the vatican. Bishops who lied, deceived and covered up for the molesting clergy. NO INVESTIGATION OF THEM.

Michael

Canada

#402516 Nov 15, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you believe a person who believes but chooses not to be baptizes is still saved?
ANTHONY says.......Then you believe a person who believes but chooses not to be baptizes is still saved?

I swear you will go to your grave worrying about this.

There are MUCH BIGGER issues going on in your own church. Why not tackle them?
preston

Athens, OH

#402517 Nov 15, 2012
confrinting with the word
“"GOD IS FAITHFUL."”

Since: Jun 10

"JOHN 14: 2" --"MATT 10:27"
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#369368 Jun 28, 2012
Judged:
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>You sure are full of PRIDE !!!!
I have no problem confessing my sins. You just don't get it do you ? So SAD.
I take no pleasure nor pride in reminding you that your ungodly behavior here in this forum.... destroys any credibility concerning any thing that you post..

You filthy jokes are self defeating.

preston

Athens, OH

#402518 Nov 15, 2012
for you ROB, this is the person that you are attacking me, over.

OldJG
Rockford, IL
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#369417 Jun 28, 2012
Judged:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I sincerely pray that your paranoid schizophrenic brand of Christianity will go away.
You know, we Catholics (and Orthodox) have a prescription pill for that. Its called the Holy Eucharist and it can only be given by a validly ordained Priest.
By Validly, they came from the Apostles in an unbroken line of succession by the laying of the hands. The cracker you love to make fun of is the literal presence of Jesus Christ. His literal being. He said "He who eats my flesh abides in me and I in him".
You see, the Apostles taught this to mean the Eucharist....
You radical 'christians' dismissed this a couple hundred yrs ago and took it upon yourself to overrule them.
Overrule?? Yes, you have overruled the Apostles!
Another thing I wouldnt want on my resume when I die.

Clay, why are you so gullible? Have you done any research on your own comparing Roman Catholic beliefs to the Bible? If you have done this research you would run screaming from your Roman doctrine and run to a Bible believing church.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#402519 Nov 15, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
ANTHONY says.......Then you believe a person who believes but chooses not to be baptizes is still saved?
I thought you were going to ignore my posts? I'm guessing your wife is out to dinner with her girlfriends and you're just looking for someone else to argue with.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#402520 Nov 15, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That is also false. No Catholic has said if you're not Catholic you're not saved.
However---it is "definitely" the other way around, especially on this forum from Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1, OLDJG and practically ALL bible only believers that "if you ARE Catholic you are NOT saved"!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#402521 Nov 15, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
|The "trend" for you Confrinting (just like LTM) is "to make things up" as you go along----"desperately hoping" that ANY ONE of your distorted "anti-catholic (myths) will "TAKE HOLD" of which it (never does)!!! Take a lesson from your wife KayMarie!! She is the "only" true Christian in your family!!!
~~~

You wrote...

"your wife KayMarie!! She is the "only" true Christian in your family!!!

My wife is a great Christian..You could learn a lot from her..

She has taugh Bible at an evangelical Church for over 60 years.

___

As for me.... I am whom God says I am...If He want's your opinion, he will ask you come judgment day.

We have been taking lessons from each other for over 60 years....
preston

Athens, OH

#402522 Nov 15, 2012
I searched over many pages and found no posts where oldjg repented of these filthy posts that he made.

show me marge, if you know that he repented.

Location hidden

#402523 Nov 15, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Robert:) wow:)
I can see why you think that, because of the manna in the wilderness...
but Now, His communication is through the Spirit by faith.
It's like your setting up MAN as the middleman, when ONLY JESUS has that role.
marge good friend

John 15:4

"Abide in me, and I in you...."

The entire chapter of John 15 is wonderful....We are branches. We are in a sense middlemen in this world.

Jesus walks with us in the world. So we are not only his followers, and disciples but become his friends. The more we humble ourselves in him and with him, the more he raises us up. And when we are raised up with him we proclaim His glory, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit....
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#402524 Nov 15, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why it is a "total waste of time" to discuss ANYTHING, with any non-catholic, with regard to TRUE INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE, TRUE teachings of the Catholic Church and any doctrine of faith especially the precepts of the teachings from the words of Jesus HIMSELF...... The Catholic Catechism gives historical and biblical clarity to/and/for ALL Christians regarding controversial disagreements when it come to arriving at the TRUTH.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#402525 Nov 15, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote...
"your wife KayMarie!! She is the "only" true Christian in your family!!!
My wife is a great Christian..You could learn a lot from her..
Yes----and you "obviously" HAVE NOT------ learned much of ANYTHING. Your "entire ministry,(especially your OWN CHRISTIAN FAITH) is to preach condemnation, judging the faith of others, and attacking the faith of EVERY OTHER CHRISTIAN on this forum,as well as---the Churches they attend, their personal salvation and personal relationship to Jesus Christ, ESPECIALLY CATHOLICS.----Read--re-read and re-read AGAIN I Cor 1:10, regarding Paul's chastising of those who teach, minister and preach in their attempt to splinter, fracture, and divide the body of believers and the body of Jesus Christ

Location hidden

#402526 Nov 15, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen Robert - I can see that you are having a hard time citing the specific instruction by "God" that states - "Gnosticism is heresy", but instead, you try to double-talk your way around the answer of "No there isn't", just because you feel the need to spin and throw out a ruse for all to believe the nonsense you put forth.
Well it won't work with me.
If you don't have a specific citation, then just say, "there isn't."
Oh wait, being that honest would destroy everything you've already stated and believe. All because you know it doesn't exist and the only heresies "created" - were by men. The men you believe to be truthful.
This is the stance you've taken.
Can't you be honest for just once?
NASL

Your perception is your salvation.

Jesus is my salvation.

Enough said.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#402527 Nov 15, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That is also false. No Catholic has said if you're not Catholic you're not saved.
~~~

1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things
1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Charity/Love

requires me to confront you with God's word...

because what you teach and propagate is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

My responsibility toward all is to ...Preach the word...

even though it to you Roman Catholics.... it is a stumbling block, because it negates your conjecture, and the fables you propagate.

that promises no security hear after for your eternal souls.

~~~

The charge of any and all truly called minister of God is...

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word;

be instant in season,

out of season;

reprove,

rebuke,
exhort with all longsuffering and

doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

The Roman Catholic Church has no BIBLICALLY BASED sound doctrine..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#402528 Nov 15, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Your perception is your salvation.
Jesus is my salvation.
Enough said.
Wrong.

My salvation is my Self.

My Self is what Jesus spoke of.
- Jesus also used "spirit" in the same manner

If "Jesus is your salvation", then why don't you believe in all of what he taught?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 2 min another viewer 177
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 16 min Seentheotherside 589
3 Newspapers in Eagle RIver AK 16 min eljay577 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min RiversideRedneck 977,399
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 30 min RiversideRedneck 88,252
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Pegasus 284,577
The Future of Politics in America 38 min Nohweh 259
More from around the web