Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,253
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
preston

Waverly, OH

#402272 Nov 14, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>"kinda like the lie that PAD another Assembly of God follower told about billy graham and his prophecy about Kennedy AFTER the DEATH." Billy Graham called the White House to warn Kennedy not to go to Dallas.He did not prophecy anything after Kennedy's death,nor did he claim he had a vision or anything else concerning such.By the way sir, I read a book on the killing of Kennedy,Billy Graham was mentioned as trying to contact Kennedy before he went to Dallas. Preston I am not a follower of the Assemblies of God,I am a believer who attends an Assembly of God church,of which I find a very good church.You would really like the pastor he is quite unique,but that is not important.
Of course there is no protecting myself here,but I consider your usage of the word LIE in regards to the info I gave,a distortion of what I was conveying to the poster.I did not read a lie,nor did I tell a lie.So believe what you want.
who="preston"]<qu oted text>HERE IS WHAT YOU SAID AND THAT IS THE GREAT THING ABOUT TOPIX, WHEN A PERSON SAYS SOMETHING, IT CAN BE PROVEN.
HERE IS YOUR LIE AND MY RESPONSE.
preston
Waverly, OH
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#401983 22 hrs ago
Judged:
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>{{{{{Guess what? Billy Graham warned President Kennedy emphatically not to go to Dallas on political tour.}}} We know what happened,but many do not know that {{{Billy Graham,urgently warned Pres.Kennedy}}}(AND WE SEE THAT BOTH OF THESE STATEMENTS ARE UNTRUE )to not go to Dallas.
ME;
I have always found in your posts that somewhere in there is a kernal of untruth.
we find it on this post.
Billy Graham, the well-known evangelist, said that he tried to reach JFK by phone before he left for Dallas.
"I had the strongest premonition that he should not go to Texas," the preacher later told newsmen
AFTER THE FACT!!! SHOOT, EVEN ORVILLE COULD BE PROVEN A PROPHET AFTER THE FACTS.
HINDSIGHT IS ALWAYS 20-20
~~~~
PAD...
JUST IGNORE THE EVIL RANTINGS, THAT PRESTON IS SPEWING...
AS MOST OF US, HAVE DECIDED TO DO...
AFTER A WHILE HE WILL GET TIRED OF POSTING TO HIMSELF.
THE BIBLE SAYS
Eph_4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
AS YOU HAVE ALREADY NOTED.... HE ONLY POSTS TO EDIFY GLORIFY HIMSELF...
since when does telling teh TRUTH bde come "evil rantings"?

and since all of you ahae decided to ignore me, you still dont mind lying about my words nor talk about me to others.

I do believe that is called gossiping.

Philippians 4:8 - Dwell on things worthy of praise

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things.

Titus 3:2 - Be gentle

to malign no one, to be uncontentious, gentle, showing every consideration for all men

1 Timothy 5:13 - Gossips and Busybodies

And at the same time they also learn to be idle, as they go around from house to house; and not merely idle, but also gossips and busybodies, talking about things not proper to mention

James 3:5-7 -#10 Control the tongue

So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and yet it boasts of great things. Behold, how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire! And the tongue is a fire, the very world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by hell. For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed, and has been tamed by the human race.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#402273 Nov 14, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
You haven't answered them, that is why I keep posting them.
Where does "God" specifically state that Gnosticism is "heresy"?
<quoted text>
And once again, you have not.
Now you post "Timothy".
Nothing about Gnosticism in this text.
Nothing that states Timothy is "God".
You haven't answered the question, but you will continue to divert from answering the question, because you know it is not stated specifically.
BTW - you may want to do some research on "Timothy" before you continue make unfounded conclusions of what beliefs your heirarchy has deemed heresy, above that which "God" has - which is none.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Epistle_to...
The author of First Timothy has been traditionally identified as the Apostle Paul. He is named as the author of the letter in the text (1:1). Nineteenth and twentieth century scholarship questioned the authenticity of the letter, with many scholars suggesting that First Timothy, along with Second Timothy and Titus, are not original to Paul, but rather an unknown Christian writing some time in the late-first-to-mid-2nd century.[1] Most scholars now affirm this view.[2]
**2.^ Collins, Raymond F. 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus: A Commentary. Westminster John Knox Press. 2004. p. 4 ISBN 0-664-22247-1
"By the end of the twentieth century New Testament scholarship was virtually unanimous in affirming that the Pastoral Epistles were written some time after Paul's death.... As always some scholars dissent from the consensus view."
DateThe dating of 1 Timothy depends very much on the question of authorship. Those who accept the epistle's authenticity believe it was most likely written toward the end of Paul's ministry, c.62-67 CE. Other historians generally place its composition some time in the late 1st century or first half of the 2nd century CE, with a wide margin of uncertainty. The text seems to be contending against nascent Gnosticism(1 Tim 1:4, 1 Tim 4:3)[15](see Encratism), which would suggest a later date due to Gnosticism developing primarily in the latter 1st century. The term Gnosis("knowledge") itself occurs in 1 Timothy 6:20.[16] If the parallels between 1 Timothy and Polycarp's epistle are understood as a literary dependence by the latter on the former, as is generally accepted,[4] this would constitute a terminus ante quem of 130-155 CE. However, Irenaeus (writing c. 180 CE) is the earliest author to clearly and unequivocally describe the Pastorals.
NASL

I went to your Wikipedia site, and low and behold, they acknowledge I Timothy 6:20 as concerning Gnosticism....

Enough said.

The Bible is the standard text of Christianity.

Enough said.

:)
preston

Waverly, OH

#402274 Nov 14, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Jesus Himself was made part of God's people via circumcision, not by His own decision, but by the decision of His parents.
If this manner of being made part of God's people (as an infant, rather than via a reasoned choice) was valid for the Christ, why not for us? Why NOT baptize infants?
It seems rather obvious to me, but I could see the argument made by baptists and some other groups, that before the age of reason, it would not be necessary.
Christ commanded baptism as necessary for salvation. When I deal with a couple whose child has died, I much prefer to be able to cite the words of Jesus to give them comfort. "He said do it, so we have done it. Have confidence in His words" is greatly preferable to a theological reflection on whether or not it is needed before the age of reason.
Can we say , WITH CERTAINTY, from scripture, that children who die before baptism go to heaven?
No.
Can we follow the Savior's command to baptize, and to "allow the little children to come to [Him]?"
Yes.
For me, this seems an obvious conclusion, but I can also see how people of good will could disagree on the necessity in such a case.
Rob
Jesus NEVER commanded baptism as necessary for Salvation, HOWEVER HE DID SAY THAT WE HAD TO BE BORN AGAIN, THAT IS A NECESSITY TO ENTER INTO HEAVEN.

this is the covenant that God made to abram.

Abram fell facedown, and God said to him,'As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. The whole land of Canaan, where you are now an alien, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.'" (17:3-8)

and this is the sign.

Then God said to Abraham,'As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised. You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you.

AND I CAN SAY FOR A CERTAINTY THAT BABIES AND LITTLE CHILDREN GO TO HEAVEN.

my baby died at the age of 15 days old.

and not long after that, God gav eme a vision of Jerrod and he was placed in a cleft of a large mountain.

that mountain was Jesus Christ and the cleft is a place of rest.

And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:

it is His grace and His mercy that covers that little baby just as it is all of them that die prematurely.

and we never baptised that litle baby since there is no need. but we had him home for almost two days and we took him to church and anointed him and dedicated him to the Lord, Our Savior.

it is a pity for you to have much education ,yet know nothing about the Grace of God and Salvation.

and I am not trying to be mean, but someday, you will find out that all that you have been taught and what you yourself teach was wrong.I hope that it will not be to late you you and others.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#402275 Nov 14, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>"kinda like the lie that PAD another Assembly of God follower told about billy graham and his prophecy about Kennedy AFTER the DEATH." Billy Graham called the White House to warn Kennedy not to go to Dallas.He did not prophecy anything after Kennedy's death,nor did he claim he had a vision or anything else concerning such.By the way sir, I read a book on the killing of Kennedy,Billy Graham was mentioned as trying to contact Kennedy before he went to Dallas. Preston I am not a follower of the Assemblies of God,I am a believer who attends an Assembly of God church,of which I find a very good church.You would really like the pastor he is quite unique,but that is not important.
Of course there is no protecting myself here,but I consider your usage of the word LIE in regards to the info I gave,a distortion of what I was conveying to the poster.I did not read a lie,nor did I tell a lie.So believe what you want.
who="preston"]<qu oted text>HERE IS WHAT YOU SAID AND THAT IS THE GREAT THING ABOUT TOPIX, WHEN A PERSON SAYS SOMETHING, IT CAN BE PROVEN.
HERE IS YOUR LIE AND MY RESPONSE.
preston
Waverly, OH
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#401983 22 hrs ago
Judged:
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>{{{{{Guess what? Billy Graham warned President Kennedy emphatically not to go to Dallas on political tour.}}} We know what happened,but many do not know that {{{Billy Graham,urgently warned Pres.Kennedy}}}(AND WE SEE THAT BOTH OF THESE STATEMENTS ARE UNTRUE )to not go to Dallas.
ME;
I have always found in your posts that somewhere in there is a kernal of untruth.
we find it on this post.
Billy Graham, the well-known evangelist, said that he tried to reach JFK by phone before he left for Dallas.
"I had the strongest premonition that he should not go to Texas," the preacher later told newsmen
AFTER THE FACT!!! SHOOT, EVEN ORVILLE COULD BE PROVEN A PROPHET AFTER THE FACTS.
HINDSIGHT IS ALWAYS 20-20
~~~~
PAD...
JUST IGNORE THE EVIL RANTINGS, THAT PRESTON IS SPEWING...
AS MOST OF US, HAVE DECIDED TO DO...
AFTER A WHILE HE WILL GET TIRED OF POSTING TO HIMSELF.
THE BIBLE SAYS
Eph_4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
AS YOU HAVE ALREADY NOTED.... HE ONLY POSTS TO EDIFY GLORIFY HIMSELF...
You people sure do yell a lot!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#402276 Nov 14, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
I went to your Wikipedia site, and low and behold, they acknowledge I Timothy 6:20 as concerning Gnosticism....
Enough said.
The Bible is the standard text of Christianity.
Enough said.
Good, then you will also agree that the epistles are of no relevance to what Jesus taught, and that they seemed to be only relevant to the unknown author of them.

I can see that you still refuse to cite where "God" states that Gnosticism, or any religious belief for that matter, is heresy.

Probably because only the men you believe and follow have, and seem to lose some sort of "face" if you post otherwise - you know - the truth that "God" never stated it.

But will you? Not yet you haven't.

Afraid of something or someone, Robert?

Location hidden

#402277 Nov 14, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Robert,
What? The written word the not the Word you live by?
But Jesus told him, "No! The Scriptures say,'People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
?
marge good friend

I am not sure of what you mean here either....

But let me give you a reply to the best of my understanding....

You wrote, "...but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

The "word", in Hebrew is called dabar. This means various things....It has a broad range including the spoken word, appointment, purpose, business, acts, manner, utterance....

This being the case, the verse you quote is not limited to the Bible. But includes appointment, and acts. Nor does it say that the Bible is the Word of God. Rather that the broad range of what Jesus said "every word" in all its range is how we live....

I like this in that Jesus did things(acts), had purpose and manners which are not directly spoken....And these manners and acts were passed on by tradition of the Apostles, and are lived out in the CC....

Location hidden

#402278 Nov 14, 2012
<quoted text>
So be it as you choose.
Cheers!
NASL

(smile)

Location hidden

#402279 Nov 14, 2012
Stephen Browning wrote:
Since any Roman Catholic can attend and participate in a Greek Orthodox Liturgy Service,
Including Holy Communion, providing that
there is not a Catholic Church in the vicinity
to fulfill the Sunday obligation to attend Mass
where the Roman Catholic is residing; would
that make the Greek Orthodox Church the only
other true Church besides the Roman Catholic
Church?
Hello Stephen

I think it is not a question of the name of "Church" on the end of the word Catholic, and Greek Orthodox, but rather what "Rite" is used....

Here is a rather inpressive list of Rites and Churches

http://credo.stormloader.com/ritesofc.htm
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#402280 Nov 14, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ... that's a pretty big controversy right now.
The Leadership Council for Women Religious was the Just putting "Catholic" in your name does not make (or keep) you part of the Church.
Rob
edited for space......

....All these issues you speak about in your post clearly show a catholic church deeply divided, and growing more divided. Where is the leadership??

These so called liberal nuns have been around for years! Where has the strong leadership been by the vatican or the bishops? Its easy to point out what they are doing wrong, but it takes a leader to fix the problems as they occur!

There are many priests who have discussions with catholics about birth control/mass attendance etc. often stating. "USE YOUR OWN CONSCIENCE" is their response.

If the Hirearchy was doing their job "ALL ALONG" instead of watching from the sidelines (for years) complaining about catholics who have fallen off the doctrine wagon, then maybe the church wouldn't have so many issues to now deal with.

The ones in charge are the ones responsible. Always has been always will be. I see very little leadership from the vatican, other than finger pointing of "LOOK WHAT THEY ARE DOING NOW" Catholics across the spectrum know this, and even more leave the church as the church leaders CONTINUE to do the talk but not the walk.

The ones to responsible are the ones in charge.

Location hidden

#402281 Nov 14, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU AS A ROMAN CATHOLIC ARE FOLLOWING THE WRITTEN WORD OF YOU CATECHISM
...are you not?
ARE YOU NOT striving to be obedient to what is recorded from your HOLY FATHERS...AND WHAT YOUR POPES HAVE INVENTED OVER THE CENTURIES.
WHY ARE YOU CONDEMNING THE EVANGELICLES FOR ATTEMPTING TO ADHERE TO
GOD'S WORD... THE BIBLE..
WHILE DOING THE SAME...
ARE YOU NOT FOLLOWING THE RECORDED WORD OF MEN...
YOU CALL YOUR HOLY FATHERS...
THAT WROTE FROM WHAT THEY SUPPOSEDLY HEARD FROM THE APOSTLES..
THE DIFFERENCE IS...WE CHOOSE GOD'S INSPIRED WORD...AND REJECT YOUR
SECONDHAND INFORMATION. BECAUSE IT IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH THE INSPIRED WORD OF GOD.
QUESTION
WHAT MAKES YOUR RELIGION ANY DIFFERENT FROM THE MORMONS?
THEY HAVE THEIR "BOOK OF MORMONS" YOU HAVE YOUR "BOOK OF CATECHISM?"
BOTH ARE ADDITIONS TO THE BIBLE..ARE THY NOT?
confrinting good friend

Why do you write with capitals so much?

Anyway, you ask the question, "WHY ARE YOU CONDEMNING THE EVANGELICLES FOR ATTEMPTING TO ADHERE TO GOD'S WORD... THE BIBLE.."

My answer is that I am not condemning evangelicals. Where did you get such an idea? I do condemn the practice of making an idol of scripture, making the Bible equivalent or superior to God. It is also has some overtones of the hypocricy of Phariseeism, which Jesus spoke on....

You need to live by every word(dabar) that proceeds out of the mouth of God....(Matthew 4:4)

It is significant that Matthew is speaking to a Jewish audience here and their understanding of the word(dabar)....

Here is a site for you to be aware of the meaning of dabar

http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Da...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#402282 Nov 14, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You people sure do yell a lot!
Thats right! If they don't believe it on their own we will scream it into you.

crazyness!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#402283 Nov 14, 2012
I don't know how catholics on this forum can point fingers at others when many of the big issues in their own church have been caused by the ones in charge of their church.

Sex abuse Scandals, Money laundering scandals, lies, deceit, coverups..........did i miss any??

Devout catholics can't understand why 75% of catholics don't practice their faith anymore.

Wake up!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#402284 Nov 14, 2012
Nuns/women have ALWAYS played second fiddle to the ALL MALE OLD BOYS CLUB.

A nun and soldier dug side by side in France in 1940.
Without the resourcefulness and courage of these extraordinary women, the Catholic Church would never have been able to spread its teachings around the globe or staff its unwieldy empire of schools, churches, and hospitals.

So it is odd to hear the Vatican denouncing the largest group of nuns in America for promoting “radical feminist” ideas. The statement is shockingly out of touch with the modern world.

But it is also willfully blind to important parts of the church’s own history.

Before Betty Friedan kicked off the modern feminist movement in the 1960s, nuns were earning medical degrees and running complex institutions, often without financial support from Rome.

Just look at the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, founded in 1804 to educate impoverished girls. When a bishop forbade them to expand their work, they refused to obey him and were kicked out of France.

They relocated to Namur, Belgium, and went on to build schools in 17 countries — including Trinity College in Washington, D.C., which educated Nancy Pelosi and Kathleen Sebelius.

It’s not surprising that religious orders attracted such tenacious women. For centuries, the convent was the only respectable place for girls who aspired to travel and make a difference in the world, not simply get married and bear children. Eventually, the women’s-rights movement gave young women the chance to work in social justice outside

Sister Mary Antona was one of six nuns who led a march on Selma, Ala. in 1965.

But the lack of respect for nuns in an all-male church hierarchy also played a role.

.....In the early 1960s, Vatican II gave nuns wide latitude to go out into the world and perform good works. Some joined the civil rights movement. Others protested the Vietnam War. But skittish men simultaneously reined them in. The archbishop of Washington refused to allow nuns in his diocese to attend Martin Luther King’s “I Have A Dream” speech, even though priests were encouraged to go.

....The archbishop of Los Angeles insisted on dictating nuns’ bedtimes and prayer hours, and even which books they could read, leading to an infamous standoff in 1970 that prompted more than 300 Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary to break with the church.

Its a different world today. The catholic church hirearchy is still living in the 1950s.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#402285 Nov 14, 2012
Back in the early 60s myself and my grade school classmates along with the school nun often shovelled the snow side by side, from the walkway in front of the church. Where were the priests? There were 3 in the parish. Their cars were there!

Many clergy do the talk but when it comes time to actually roll your sleeves up, they are no where to be found. Wouldn't one believe a parish priest would be proud to shovel the snow or cut the grass maybe once! NOPE!

I have very good memories of physically hard working nuns. I can't say that about any priests I ever met.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#402286 Nov 14, 2012
......Maybe the mighty men of the Vatican would say “good riddance.” to the 47,000 nuns in question.

But what kind of message does this war with nuns send to everybody else?

LOSE, LOSE situation.

Clayx

United States

#402287 Nov 14, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
confrinting good friend
Why do you write with capitals so much?
Anyway, you ask the question, "WHY ARE YOU CONDEMNING THE EVANGELICLES FOR ATTEMPTING TO ADHERE TO GOD'S WORD... THE BIBLE.."
My answer is that I am not condemning evangelicals. Where did you get such an idea? I do condemn the practice of making an idol of scripture, making the Bible equivalent or superior to God. It is also has some overtones of the hypocricy of Phariseeism, which Jesus spoke on....
You need to live by every word(dabar) that proceeds out of the mouth of God....(Matthew 4:4)
It is significant that Matthew is speaking to a Jewish audience here and their understanding of the word(dabar)....
Here is a site for you to be aware of the meaning of dabar
http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Da...
I find that interesting. Thanks.

Location hidden

#402288 Nov 14, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmmmm ...
I would agree with you ... in part ...
But ultimately, the most important aspect is goingbto be a new relationship with God thru Jesus ... a matter of being "reborn."
This part in particular really cannot take place until the age of reason.
While it is true that we as Catholics practice infant baptism, I seriously doubt it it truly ne essary for anyone who has not attained the age of reason.
To believe otherwise is to accept that God condemns those who have no fault of their own (save original sin), and have not yet attained an age where they could do anything about it.
Which strikes me as absurd. I'll grant, I don't know of any god to compare God to, but it seems to me that, if God is truly Good, He would not condemn unbaptised infants.
Jesus DID say it was necessary, but He also seems to make exceptions, such as the Good Thief.
I would say that being born of water and spirit would not ONLY be water baptism, but baptism that is accompanied (in the moment or at a later date) with a new relationship with God ... a rejecting of sin, a "putting on the new man."
We see this as happening at prep for first reconcilliation. I would say Baptists see this as perhaps altar call. In both cases, it is a matter of turning from sin, of repenting, of being "reborn."
Putting it in other words, of "being saved."
Rob
Rob
Father Rob
Peace

I agree....

I would add about metanoia...,"Repentance is salva­tion, but lack of understanding is the death of repentance." St. Basil the Great. Perfectione spirituali 4 PG 31:636B

Repentance is not a one time occurence, but a continuing way of living...,until we pass through this life....
Clayx

United States

#402289 Nov 14, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
Back in the early 60s myself and my grade school classmates along with the school nun often shovelled the snow side by side, from the walkway in front of the church. Where were the priests? There were 3 in the parish. Their cars were there!
Many clergy do the talk but when it comes time to actually roll your sleeves up, they are no where to be found. Wouldn't one believe a parish priest would be proud to shovel the snow or cut the grass maybe once! NOPE!
I have very good memories of physically hard working nuns. I can't say that about any priests I ever met.
Lol. You're such a dork. Albeit a likable dork at times.. I watch you scratch and claw to throw anything out there that can somehow smear the Church that you have grown so bitter at.
Just let it go bro. You dislike the Church.. Big deal, get in line with the rest!
The Church will out live you and your great great great grandkids. They are not going away. Ever. Until Christ comes again..
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#402290 Nov 14, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ... that's a pretty big controversy right now.
The Leadership Council for Women Religious was the approved group of Womens' Religious Orders in the US Conference.(There is only supposed to be one of these in each conference.) But they became so bizarre that the Vatican approved another group, The Council of Major Superiors of Women Religious.
The Leadership Council is the goofy liberal group. They are pretty strong on social justice (as well they should be), but very weak on doctrine. They had a speaker at their convention who talked about some of their groups "moving beyond the Church, and perhaps moving beyond Jesus Himself."
Well.
This is what led to what the US media called "a Vatican crackdown on nuns."
It was most interesting to see that, in every TV story on this, very critical of the Vatican, was footage of habited nuns. But the groups in the LCWR abandoned habits long ago, and mostly would not be caught dead in them.

That whole "Nuns on the Bus" deal was coming out of the LCWR, the group the Vatican is squinting at. Are they even Catholic anymore?(How can you be Catholic if you have "moved beyond the Church, and perhaps, even beyond Jesus?")

This bunch that is pushing for "gay marriage" is putting itself outside the Church, same as "Catholics for Free Choice (the pro-abortion "Catholic" group.)
Just putting "Catholic" in your name does not make (or keep) you part of the Church.
Rob
edited for space....

Are catholics supposed to believe that nuns on whose backs the church system was built are “radical” for seeking a greater voice in the church?

Are the strong-willed nuns more dangerous to Catholicism than the child-molesting priests, and the rest of the knowing clergy who lied, and covered up these worst of sins who were NEVER investigated or reprimanded themselves?

Are the catholic churches crusades against masturbation and gay marriage more important than helping the poor as the nuns do?

.....It’s hard to imagine that Jesus would agree.

UNBELIEVABLE!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#402291 Nov 14, 2012
Clayx wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. You're such a dork. Albeit a likable dork at times.. I watch you scratch and claw to throw anything out there that can somehow smear the Church that you have grown so bitter at.
Just let it go bro. You dislike the Church.. Big deal, get in line with the rest!
The Church will out live you and your great great great grandkids. They are not going away. Ever. Until Christ comes again..
Who said the church was going anywhere?

You post on here against the protestants. Thats OK! You post against the president of the united states. Thats OK! but when ANYONE else posts the other side of the story about your church, you get all upset like a child without his toy....

You want everyone to agree with your church and sing KUM-BY-YA.

I ain't going anywhere. Get over yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Hidingfromyou 793,184
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 14 min Ratloder 433
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 20 min mamma-san 221,513
what does the bible tell us about god? 21 min Good-Evil 374
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min truth 607,032
Scientific proof for God's existence 41 min HipGnosis 477
Gay snapchat names 45 min Willg2204 320
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 267,249
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Ex_Irontonian 97,404
More from around the web