Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,362)

Showing posts 387,221 - 387,240 of529,802
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
towncrier

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH JESUS!! RAH! RAH! RAH!
G-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OOOOO JESUS!!
<|;O)
Are you slightly retarded?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>I believe your and Robs post to each other concerning the Mark of the Beast and the Rapture is the most helarious I have ever read. Keep it up Boyz........ROTFLOL
I don't believe me and Rob conversed with each other about the 'mark of the beast'. I asked him a question but I don't think he responded yet.. Or did he? I'll look back at it.
Anyway, you have no idea what the Apostle John was seeing in his vision. You and the apocalyptic cults are guilty of adding your personal ideology to Revelation. I wish you could see your sin.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

who="New Age Spiritual Leader"

- I am humble enough to say, that I don't need recognition for the good I do...
"'knockout parties'"
- Can't say I have, but it doesn't surprise me though, as I try not to dwell in seeing destruction. I'd rather hear of a reunion of an American soldier coming back from the war and seeing his children, than what you seem to prefer to watch.
"People can be trained to be godly; they can also be trained to yield to their fallen nature.:
- Men training other men....who would've thought, huh? Inginuity at its best!
- Now I understand you more. You've been trained to admonish others for their perception of salvation, as long as it is different than yours.
And you can't see how this divides its followers?

Who mentioned 'watching' anything? Or any preferences?
Godly training. You never heard of mothers and fathers? Teachers?
(You were BORN godly...I see...):)
What divides whose followers? Sorry, you don't make things very plain.

KayMarie
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The ashes are to remind us of our immortality. You say it could be the mark of the beast? Well, that's because you're a false prophet and an idiot for implying such nonsense.
Oops, I meant the ashes are a sign of our mortality. Lol.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="OldJG"
Are the ashes that are placed on the forehead of a Roman Catholic during a time they call "lent" the mark of the beast? Hmm.
There is now an RFID chip that can be implanted in one's skin. It can hold all of your pertinent information, and thus be used to fulfill Rev. 13:17 Without it, no one can buy or sell. It can be read with a scanner, much as the clerk in a store scans your purchases.
Global government is now gaining ground, so we can see that all the world can be subdued/enslaved.
One must never accept that 'mark'...
KayMarie
I never thought the 'mark of the Beast' would be an actual mark. It doesn't make sense that an actual mark would need to be applied to ones forehead.
I was glad a Catholic Priest didn't think so either.
I guess I never really looked into official Church teachings on the subject. Frankly, Catholics don't get to hyped up in the hysteria of Apocalyptic talk.
It doesn't really alarm us. Perhaps that is because we receive the Eucharist and Christ "abides in me and He in I". So really, what worries are there? Four horseman? Beasts? Trumpets and battles? Lol. With Christ, all is good.. You people can run to the compound. I'll be at the Cathedral of Saint Paul calmly celebrating Mass.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>I believe your and Robs post to each other concerning the Mark of the Beast and the Rapture is the most helarious I have ever read. Keep it up Boyz........ROTFLOL
Well, why do YOU think there is an actual 'rapture'.
Why do YOU think an actual mark is placed on ones forehead?

Wouldn't it make more sense that the Angel was symbolically showing John something? And NOT literally??
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Clay wrote:
I don't believe me and Rob conversed with each other about the 'mark of the beast'. I asked him a question but I don't think he responded yet.. Or did he? I'll look back at it.
Anyway, you have no idea what the Apostle John was seeing in his vision. You and the apocalyptic cults are guilty of adding your personal ideology to Revelation. I wish you could see your sin.
Let me remind you

Fr Robert Dye wrote:

<quoted text>
No, what I thought was outrageous was the statement that we worship

saints, even when we deny that this is so.
I doubt that you actually worship the scriptures as an idol, although I

have no doubt that there are some who call themselves Christian who *do*

apprach the Bible very much the way pagans relate to an idol.
If you tell me that you do NOT worship the Bible, it is outrageous for me

to claim otherwise.
YOU are the only one who can say what your relationship whith God is(Well,

yes, God can, too, and one day will, but you knowwhat I mean).
By the same token, if the CC proclaims that saints are NOT to be

worshipped, but only God is to be worshipped, it is outrageous for you to

claim the exact opposite.
It is dishonest.
Which is surprising coming from you, KayMarie. That is not the sort of

thing I have come to expect from you.
We may disagree theologically, but my impression what that you could be

relied upon to be honest and logical.
Your "yes you do. You say you don't, but you do" was illogical, or

dishonest, or both, and left me very disappointed with you.
I hope and pray you don't worship the scriptures. It is my firm belief

that the "mark" made so much of in the Revelation is really speaking

figuratively of idolatry. Anyone who worships idols, either literally or

figuratively, will have "the mark."
And I don't think anyone with "great respect" for the scriptures worships

them. Respect and love for the scriptures is greatly admirable.
That respect and love is HOLY.
It is SACRED.
Rob
Interesting. I never really thought the 'mark of the beast' was an actual

mark either. There are plenty of people all around us that may as well

have a visible mark on their forehead because we can see
They reject God and serve the 'beast'. So an actual
Numbering system would be unnecessary. Right?

Revelation is a doozy of a book when in the wrong hands.

Question: could the So-called rapture that John was seeing be taking place

at every Catholic Mass?
Because it seems to me his visions describe the Mass- with the Priests in

robes and incense and the Lamb of God (Christ)? Lamb is something you eat.

I would like to know your thoughts on Revelation, Fr Rob.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

I think a good book for you would be "The Lambs Supper; the Mass as Heaven on Earth" by Dr Scott Hahn.
I only skimmed through it, but I know its a detailed outline of Revelation and how it pertains to the Holy Mass.
Your paranoid version of Revelation is very new. I think you'd be interested how the early Christians viewed it. I don't know when exactly your side added to the book.. But clearly someone did and passed it on to you!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
Wouldn't it make more sense that the Angel was symbolically showing John something? And NOT literally??
I never said it had to be a literal mark now did I. There are several views on it. It does have to do with buying and selling and those that overcoe are the ones keeping the commandments of God.
For one the bible speaks of the resurrection and being CALLED UP to meet him in the air.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post shows and proves how very little of the Bible you do know. SO SAD

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

who="7th Day Catholics Rock"
Rob
at every Catholic Mass?

Catholic Mass...the RAPTURE ??? Priests...robes...incense and the Lamb of God? The Lamb is something you EAT ??? Surely you must be kidding?

KayMarie
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I never thought the 'mark of the Beast' would be an actual mark. It doesn't make sense that an actual mark would need to be applied to ones forehead.
I was glad a Catholic Priest didn't think so either.
I guess I never really looked into official Church teachings on the subject. Frankly, Catholics don't get to hyped up in the hysteria of Apocalyptic talk.
It doesn't really alarm us. Perhaps that is because we receive the Eucharist and Christ "abides in me and He in I". So really, what worries are there? Four horseman? Beasts? Trumpets and battles? Lol. With Christ, all is good.. You people can run to the compound. I'll be at the Cathedral of Saint Paul calmly celebrating Mass.
Here we go with cracker-mania. You eat a cracker so you have eternal life...lol...lol...lol....lol. ...dumb....stupid....
moronic....pitiful....pagan... .perverted....said like a true ROMAN CATHOLIC.

YOUR QUOTE, "You people can run to the compound. I'll be at the Cathedral of Saint Paul calmly celebrating Mass." END QUOTE.

No, you will be at the cathedral of your father satan wondering what happened to the mass and maybe he will pass out the crackers. lol lol lol lol
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

who="7th Day Catholics Rock"
Rob
at every Catholic Mass?
Catholic Mass...the RAPTURE ??? Priests...robes...incense and the Lamb of God? The Lamb is something you EAT ??? Surely you must be kidding?
KayMarie
LOL yes that was Clays words I just reposted his response to ROB so he would remember what he posted.

I never heard any tell anything so rediculous concerning the resurrection/rapture.
towncrier

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

The Heresy of Protestantism

http://catholicknight.blogspot.com/2012/06/he...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
A Pope or Papal succession in Rome which is the primary foundation of your Church..
This ..to me jeopardize all the rest that your church stands for...
It is just not in the Bible...
Websters definition of the word Pope--means "Bishop", which is referred to and clearly "spelled out" in Acts 2, in Jesus Christs 1st Church at Antioch~!
AGAIN---"where does it say "in the bible that God chose to transmit His divine and Sacred Word---ONLY ----in the bible. This "bible only" claim of yours is (nothing) but a "man-made" belief that has been concocted, made up,/invented "myth" that has absolutely "no basis" of ANY biblical or historical truth to "back up" ANY of what it claims as truth! On the other hand--the Catholic Church has over 2000 years of PROVEN biblical and historical documented writings to confirm, back up and substantiate its (ENTIRE) existence as being authenticate and TRUE---your "bible only" made-up belief has NONE--NOTHING--ZILCH!!!! In fact--that IN THE BIBLE itself--it says just the opposite!! In I Tim 3:15 Paul calls "The Church (not the bible) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.--When are you going to stop "making up things" Confrinting. We, as Catholics, continue to "uncover and expose" all of your "fabricated false and distorted assertions as "just plain lies"----attempting to deceive others while you deceive yourself!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly like your belief and literal interpretation of TRANSUBSTANTIATION. Your faith is a joke as you are a joke.

Did you know John 6 does not describe the Jesus and His disciples in the upper room. Probably not....you are tooooooooooooo dummmmmmmmmmb or toooooooooooo Rommmmmmmmmman Catholllllllllllllllllllllic. Onnnnnnnnnnnne or the oooooooother or booooooooth!

Luke 22:19, "And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me."

DO WHAT???? HE BROKE THE BREAD not His arm or leg and said do this in remembrance of Me. Wow Jesus did not say do this because the bread IS me. IN REMEMBRANCE of HIM!

Luke 22:20, "Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you."

WHAT IS IT???? Is the NEW COVENANT in His blood. NOT HIS BLOOD!!!

Your Roman Catholics are so gullible....lol....lol....lol! !!!
towncrier

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Section 1. The Heresy of The Protestant Reformers And The Jansenists

THE HERETICAL ERRORS OF LUTHER, CALVIN, AND JANSENIUS CONTRASTED WITH THE ORTHODOX TEACHING OF THE CHURCH.—Luther and Calvin asserted that the freedom of the will was irretrievably lost by original sin. Jansenius taught that the will is overcome by efficacious grace in exactly the same way as it is overpowered by concupiscence in the absence of grace. Against both these heresies the Church has always maintained that the will remains free under the influence of efficacious grace.

http://christianbookshelf.org/pohle/grace_act...
towncrier

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Protestantism is material heresy

All adult Protestant Christians are in a state of material heresy. These Christians adhere to various Protestant heresies condemned by the Council of Trent or condemned by the Church in other ways, at other times. They obstinately doubt, or obstinately reject, important teachings on faith or morals or salvation that are required beliefs of the Catholic Christian Faith.

And yet many Protestant preachers and theologians have contributed true and useful insights into the Christian faith. For the heretic always rejects something substantial of the true Faith, but he also always retains something substantial of the true Faith. Care and caution must be exercised when learning from anyone who adheres to or teaches material heresy. For a heresy on one matter can substantially affect a teaching on another matter. All the truths of the Faith are interrelated.

http://ronconte.wordpress.com/2010/09/17/prot...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

towncrier wrote:
You are "right on" with this article as the ending paragraph (sums up) his TRUE assertions:

In the end, Protestantism is a "man-made creation of distortions, and bible verse quoting addictive madness. It's a relatively new religious phenomenon, only 500 years old, and it will eventually go extinct, just as many other heretical movements before it. The only hope for any Christian involved in Protestantism is to turn to the traditions of ancient Christianity, and there he will find the Catholic Church faithfully keeping them throughout the centuries, right up until the modern time. As Michael Voris pointed out in his videos above, there must be sanity. Christians need an authority outside of Scripture to teach us what the Scriptures TRULY mean, and Jesus Christ set up that authority for us in the Catholic Church. Either we accept it, or we reject it, but we will find no stability in our Christian lives until it is fully embraced.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Jesus spoke FIGURATIVELY about the bread being 'His Body' and the wine being 'His Blood'... you reject that truth...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 387,221 - 387,240 of529,802
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

553 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jesus relationship with Mary Magdeline ? 3 min CentralParkW 1
I'm a girl wanting other girls. 5 min CentralParkW 13
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min NEWS-FLASH 171,417
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min curiouslu 716,246
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 16 min yon 1,397
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Buck Crick 223,104
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 22 min yon 153
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Charlie Sheen 255,620
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr Shut-Up 60