Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,090
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#402070 Nov 13, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
"CC's infer that we are un-Christian because we respect the Bible...thus declaring their dis-respect of it."
If you were to observe the Liturgy of the Word in a Catholic mass you would realize how wrong you are.
Again, read the posts on this forum. That is where I am seeing Protestants scolded repeatedly for their faith in the Bible.
KayMarie
No Catholic has ever inferred that you are un-Christion because you respect the bible. We respect it too. If you were to observe the Liturgy of the Word in our mass you would agree that we have a tremendous respect for the bible, so much so that we won't claim the personal authority to infallibly interpret it.

In my opinion, prostestants who claim to speak for God when they personally interpret bible verses are showing a disrespect for the bible AND God Himself.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#402071 Nov 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, as I've told you several times, stick to pasting scripture verses and leave your personal opinions out of your posts. It has to be this way until you can show us that you have the authority to infallibly interpret them. Thank you.
~~~

Evidently..

You would just love to control and censor what I post..But as an Ordained Bishop duly recognized by my Church.
I will continue to exercise my freedom and authority to preach teach a publish and defend the Gospel of Jesus Christ...

I am here to confront with the word of God...If it cramps your style ..so be it.

I am not here for popularity...

My charge is

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#402072 Nov 13, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
Agreed. As Jesus said, we'll do them if we love Him. What if two saved people disagree on what those commandments are?
Then BOTH of them must live according to what they believe to be the Truth. God not only knows their hearts, He is able to bring them to the knowledge of the Truth.
"Let every man work out his own salvation in fear and trembling before God." God, who knows the heart/intent of every man will deal honestly with them.
KayMarie
There is only truth, there are not competing versions of it. If one says baptism is necessary for salvation and the other says no, one of them is in trouble.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#402073 Nov 13, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Same old spin.
Bottom line... Jesus did not suffer and die, only to have his deed cheapened by disgraceful acts by His sole appointed authority on earth. That would be foolish and arbitrary.
That also CLEARLY demonstrates a lack of divine guidance.
I do not think the highest power in the universe is foolish and arbitrary.
You do.
So which of us has more respect for the highest power in the universe?
It may be seen as spin by you, but even the apostles who were taught directly by Christ were sinners. You might have a point if the Catholic Church didn't teach that sinning is wrong.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#402074 Nov 13, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, you will never get beyond your simplistic 'skin color' thing, no matter what I say.
I guess in your mind, that explains the Asian-American vote too.
Deep.
Funny you bring up GWB. Leading up to the election, I didn't hear his name mentioned once by any Republican. That didn't occur to me until now.
Maybe it's the minority thing. I think if it was two white guys running the result would have been different.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#402075 Nov 13, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Evidently..
You would just love to control and censor what I post..But as an Ordained Bishop duly recognized by my Church.
I will continue to exercise my freedom and authority to preach teach a publish and defend the Gospel of Jesus Christ...
I am here to confront with the word of God...If it cramps your style ..so be it.
I am not here for popularity...
My charge is
2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
You may be recognized as an authority within your faith community, but why do you insist I recognize your authority when I'm not part of it and you reject the authority in my Church?

#402076 Nov 13, 2012
who="hojo"
Yes PAD--"broad is the way" --in fact, your bible only Protestant, inconsistent, contradicting and conflicting 42,000+ denominations, are "so broad" that all of you have a "monopoly and a clear path to destruction".----Abortion , gay marriage, euthenasia, emboyonic stem cell research, gay ministers, and on and on and on,(every which way) depending and accepting, anything and everything (every which way)" that the political wind blows! I have found, worship, have accepted, and adhere to the TRUE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST--"each and every day" at daily Mass, the Eucharist, Gods Word, the Sacraments, etc. Unfortunately, for you PAD, you are as "mixed up, confused and distorted in your "anti-catholic judgmental opinion' as LTM, Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1, OLDJG and any other bible only Protestant heretic, that I left out!!

You need to be educated. No RESPECTABLE Protestant organization approves abortion, homosexual 'marriage'(there is no such thing), euthanasia, etc. A few proud 'clubs' calling themselves 'churches' are guilty.

But then, I'm told that U.S. Catholic nuns are also standing up for 'women's rights'.

If we, as Christians, cannot/will not unite in faith, we are in for trouble. "If you have not love, THE LOVE OF THE FATHER IS NOT IN YOU."

Our cry must be GOD FIRST, OTHERS SECOND...and 'opinions' must bow to that unity.

KayMarie

#402077 Nov 13, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
There is only truth, there are not competing versions of it. If one says baptism is necessary for salvation and the other says no, one of them is in trouble.

I did not say that God would forgive the person who had it 'wrong'. I said that if both were honestly searching for the truth, God is able to make their search fruitful. Sometimes it takes time (I'm still learning.) And patience on the part of the one who has the truth is helpful. "He that WINNETH souls is wise."

Too many people are driving people away, rather than winning them.

KayMarie

#402078 Nov 13, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
No Catholic has ever inferred that you are un-Christion because you respect the bible. We respect it too. If you were to observe the Liturgy of the Word in our mass you would agree that we have a tremendous respect for the bible, so much so that we won't claim the personal authority to infallibly interpret it.
In my opinion, prostestants who claim to speak for God when they personally interpret bible verses are showing a disrespect for the bible AND God Himself.

I don't like generalities. Tell me some of these personal interpretations that you are talking about.

We don't claim personal authority to interpret the Word. We have a TEACHER Who understands it well. Some people get ahead of Him...but that is their problem, not mine.

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#402079 Nov 13, 2012
who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
"Houston, we have a problem."
Why did "God" allow Led Zeppelin to write "Stairway To Heaven", when knowing that when the song is played backwards, it seems to promote Satan and otehr evil ways?
Did "God" miss this one, and for the past 30 years, just decided to let it go and not try to stop it from occuring?
Why don't you think "God" is not creditted for this song either?
Your logic is skewed. You lack knowledge to differentiate what exactly what "God" can or cannot do.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’ then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
Why don't you believe Jesus?
God is in the process of perfecting man AND destroying evil. He COULD destroy all evil with just a word. But 'there is none good'; there is some evil in everything/man. If He instantly destroys evil, it would leave no man standing. Besides...we are tested through such evils as you mention. Will we feed on His Word, and be perfected, or will we feed on evil...showing that we are unworthy of Him?
Why don't YOU believe Jesus???
KayMarie
"God is in the process of perfecting man AND destroying evil. "
- WOW!! Is "He" having a hard time after 2000+ years?
- and of course, this is your opinion, and not fact, so I understand you don't have any citations to support your position, huh?
- Just in case, please provide a citation that shows this process in effect.

"He COULD destroy all evil with just a word."
- WOW!! Another person who knows the mind of "God", when we all know that "all men fall short of God".
- please provide a citation that shows this process can happen.
+ your stance will be "well, He could!", huh?
+ why do you mislead people with false claims?

"But 'there is none good'; there is some evil in everything/man. "
- including yourself. You have a small perception of the world around you.
- Not everyone has "evil" in them. "Some" is characteristic of many, but uncharacteristic of many as well. Care to be specific on what this evil is you claim to know exists within people?

"If He instantly destroys evil, it would leave no man standing."
- always thinking of ways to destroy humanity.
- do you ever think of positive attributes like peace and love, or is it that you want everyone, including yourself, dead?

"Besides...we are tested through such evils as you mention."
- and what evils have I listed. Please be specific, so I can elaborate my context. Thanks!

"Will we feed on His Word, and be perfected, or will we feed on evil...showing that we are unworthy of Him?"
- if you have to pose it in a question, you have much studying to do.
- First off, move past the words and understand the meanings behind them.
- If more people like you, didn't always think that some "evil" being is ready to pounce on anyone, our world would be a much better place.
- Huh, maybe we should just get rid of you? One less person to promote evil, is one less person more thank likely would destroy other lives.

"Why don't YOU believe Jesus???"
- Oh I do. Much more of his teachings than you.

Albuquerque, NM

#402080 Nov 13, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU, LTM, continue to prove, over and over and over again--that "you have NO IDEA, as to what you are talking about, which is no surprise to ANYONE, especially Catholics.--To begin, I read the bible (every day) and have read it through and through at least on 10 different occasions over a period of 35 years. You, my friend, are so "out of touch" with ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, regarding the Christian belief, Salvation, and Our Lords TRUE doctrine of faith as well as the TRUE--spoken and stated words of Jesus Christ (HIMSELF) because of being so "inundated with your "bible only" anti-catholic, anti-church, anti-TRUE GOSPEL heretical teachings. I suggest that you refrain from undermine the TRUE GOSPEL and message of Jesus Christ HIMSELF, and make an effort to "get out of the anti-Church, anti- Catholic "bondage" that have infected your heart, mind and soul. As I said before, YOU are not the "final judge" of ANYONE (elses) Salvation, their personal relationship with Jesus Christ and who is a Christian and who is not!!
Have you ever said anything nice about the people you post to?

Albuquerque, NM

#402081 Nov 13, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
I made the mistake of responding to your post.. I forgot that all you can do is insult and harangue and harass... like Preston Jr
.I should have ignored you...and from now on unless you write something that is edifying I intend to, IGNORE YOUR POST.
Is that the power of "God" or you your Self?

BTW - I make direct points that show how you do not follow Jesus, and his words of salvation.

Hey, I'm just a messenger.

Maybe you should talk with your husband and try to reconcile these differences openly, instead of keeping them hidden away within?

Thanks for responding!

#402082 Nov 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote..

In my opinion, protestants who claim to speak for God when they personally interpret bible verses are showing a disrespect for the bible AND God Himself.

I am an evangelical Bishop/pastor with over 60 years of Bible study ...

If you can find one of your priest that have that many years in the word

more power to him..

I have posted on multiple subjects here about the Bible...

In doing so I have attempted to validate what I have expressed as truth from the Bible with more than one scripture verse..giving more than one witness to give it credibility..

The Roman catholic Church cannot produce any scripture to

substantiate/validate your teaching concerning ....

A Pope or Papal succession in Rome which is the primary foundation of your Church..

This ..to me jeopardize all the rest that your church stands for...

It is just not in the Bible...

#402083 Nov 13, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
That's nice. Does loving Jesus not include obeying Him? What if your faith tradition is wrong about those things which Jesus commanded us to do?

And what if YOUR faith tradition is wrong about those things which Jesus commanded?

You are willing to accept the word of infallible men; sometimes men who are guilty of molesting children (you don't know the difference in them). You believe infallible men to save you.

If you ask Him, Jesus will teach you Himself.

KayMarie
Clay

United States

#402084 Nov 13, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
I did not say that God would forgive the person who had it 'wrong'. I said that if both were honestly searching for the truth, God is able to make their search fruitful. Sometimes it takes time (I'm still learning.) And patience on the part of the one who has the truth is helpful. "He that WINNETH souls is wise."
Too many people are driving people away, rather than winning them.
KayMarie
I like your honest post Kay. No one should ever question your love for Christ and zeal for the Gospel.
Still the question remains.. There can only be one truth.
Who is preaching it?

#402085 Nov 13, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
When you paste scripture verses, you are conveying His words. When you add your own personal opinions as to the meaning of His words you are doing nothing but sharing your opinions. Neither you nor your husband have any authority to speak infallibly.
Stick to pasting scripture and leave the interpretation to those who have authority. That's biblical.

I trust the authority of GOD, not that of men. If I speak the words of God/Jesus, THEY ARE THE AUTHORITY.

Who are you to determine which man has the authority? Just because a MAN holds the credentials given to him by MEN in Rome, one cannot say that he has the authority of GOD.

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

#402086 Nov 13, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
That's nice. Does loving Jesus not include obeying Him? What if your faith tradition is wrong about those things which Jesus commanded us to do?
And what if YOUR faith tradition is wrong about those things which Jesus commanded?
You are willing to accept the word of infallible men; sometimes men who are guilty of molesting children (you don't know the difference in them). You believe infallible men to save you.
If you ask Him, Jesus will teach you Himself.
KayMarie
"And what if YOUR faith tradition is wrong about those things which Jesus commanded?"
- Why do you question someone, when you don't even believe in all of his teachings?
- What if your "faith tradition" is wrong?

Why do you use words that have vague meanings, but try to encapsulate a complete teachings?

Why do you think a handful of men - chosen by the Catholics - had all of what "God" wanted to express?

You really don't understand the history of your religion, huh?

Albuquerque, NM

#402087 Nov 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
In trouble of what?

Albuquerque, NM

#402088 Nov 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's the minority thing. I think if it was two white guys running the result would have been different.
You may get that chance in 2016. You may even get two black guys running, then you will really have to make a decision.

Bummer for you.

Albuquerque, NM

#402089 Nov 13, 2012
<quoted text>
You wrote..
In my opinion, protestants who claim to speak for God when they personally interpret bible verses are showing a disrespect for the bible AND God Himself.
I am an evangelical Bishop/pastor with over 60 years of Bible study ...
If you can find one of your priest that have that many years in the word
more power to him..
I have posted on multiple subjects here about the Bible...
In doing so I have attempted to validate what I have expressed as truth from the Bible with more than one scripture verse..giving more than one witness to give it credibility..
The Roman catholic Church cannot produce any scripture to
substantiate/validate your teaching concerning ....
A Pope or Papal succession in Rome which is the primary foundation of your Church..
This ..to me jeopardize all the rest that your church stands for...
It is just not in the Bible...
"I am an evangelical Bishop/pastor with over 60 years of Bible study ..."
- Pride - Hey GiF - looks like you are on a losing path.

Wanna talk about it "pastor"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Stilgar Fifrawi 765,185
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Charlie Sheen 263,632
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min mike 603,710
How many hubbies enjoy sloppy seconds from thei... 30 min annmssb 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 175,053
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 1 hr Ed Teach 69
Why do Turkish men cheat (Aug '10) 1 hr DILF 489
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Rozan 1,189
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr arabian 5,444

Top Stories People Search