Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
387,141 - 387,160 of 538,910 Comments Last updated 1 min ago

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#402033 Nov 13, 2012
OldJG wrote:
ANYONE......THE QUESTION STILL REMAINS
PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE give an answer. ANYONE!
Can someone explain how a person can lose their salvation? Please provide a Biblical account and the specific name or names of those who lost the salvation they truly received.
The Bible tells us what we must do to be saved:
Acts 16:30-31, "And he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 31 So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."
The Bible is crystal clear when it describes what we must do to be saved. Knowing exactly what is required to be saved, wouldn't the Bible provide the same clarity by describing how the saved can be unsaved?
Where does the Bible tell us what we must do to be UNsaved?
OldJG

I need to know some things, about your awareness and understanding:

What is being saved mean?
What is salvation?
Are they the same?

Is this a once and for all act, or is this a process, or both?

Blashemy of the Holy Spirit is an unforgiveable sin. But the wages of sin is death. How can one be alive and living in Christ, if they commit an unforgiveable sin when one is judged to be dead?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#402034 Nov 13, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
When Gods inspired word is read- but interpreted differently then what He wishes- what good is it?
So the question remains: which one of you are interpreting it the way God wishes.
Personally, I don't want to be the one responsible for interpreting it opposite of what God wants, so I'm sticking with the interpretations of the Church that put the book together and the teachings of the Apostolic fathers, because I don't believe the Apostles would have left their writings to be a hidden secret. I believe they explained them to the men they ordained.
How do you know that your church fathers told you the truth.
All tough I am not a big fan of Luther, he was a catholic and dicide the church fathers were in error.
And many catholic's after him decided Luther was right.
Why is that I wonder;;;; could it be that almighty God put the truth in their hearts and lead them to understanding it through the Holy Spirit of Truth.
There is no salvation in the catholic church or the protestant churchs salvations comes from God Himself.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#402035 Nov 13, 2012
MAMA'S BIBLE

Four brothers left home for college, and they became successful doctors
and lawyers.

One evening, they chatted after having dinner together. They
discussed the 95th birthday gifts they were able to give their elderly mother who moved
to Florida .

The first said, "You know I had a big house built for Mama."

The second said, "And I had a large theater built in the house."

The third said, "And I had my Mercedes dealer deliver an SL600 to her."

The fourth said, "You know how Mama loved reading the Bible and you know
she can't read anymore because she can't see very well. I met this
preacher who told me about a parrot who could recite the entire Bible. It took
ten preachers almost 8 years to teach him. I had to pledge to contribute
$50,000 a year for five years to the church, but it was worth it
Mama only has to name the chapter and verse, and the parrot will recite it."

The other brothers were impressed. After the celebration Mama sent out
her "Thank You" notes.

She wrote: Milton , the house you built is so huge that I live in only one
room, but I have to clean the whole house. Thanks anyway."

"Marvin, I am too old to travel. I stay home; I have my groceries
delivered, so I never use the Mercedes. The thought was good. Thanks."

"Michael, you gave me an expensive theater with Dolby sound and it can
hold 50 people, but all of my friends are dead, I've lost my hearing,
and I'm nearly blind. I'll never use it. Thank you for the gesture just the
same."

"Dearest Melvin, you were the only son to have the good sense to give
a little thought to your gift. The chicken was delicious Thank you so much."

Love, Mama

SELECTED

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#402036 Nov 13, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
You write, " Are they really true to their belief or would rather sit in the pews and enjoy what other people tell them who they are."
I am not dismissing your questioning of others in their beliefs. You are in effect revealing hypocricy. But you leave the answer only to one of two options. Also the question itself is complex/compound, so it cannot be answered.
So I will take the first part of the question....,
The question of "Are they really true to their belief...?"
Being true to one's beliefs requires an intellectual act, and truth. The belief must pass three criteria, one of objectivity, one of intention, and one of circumstances. This makes the belief a moral law. The problem is that in general people often have limited time in which to probe all three of these criteria. And the conflict between law and freedom is often not developed enough in an individual that they may not be able to express their answer into words.
Here is where the hypocricy of Gnosticism is revealed, since it is known to break the moral Law of the 10 Commandments.(6 of which I have named so far.) Therefore, its belief system is not true. And those who practice it are hypocrits.
It is because we have free will that we tend to act as servants to some law. In the case here of intellect and truth, the moral law dictates what is good and bad. And so the conclusion is that Gnosticism is bad, since it breaks moral law....
Q. E. D.
Uhm - sure. We'll agree to disagree, as IMO, Gnosticism doesn't do any of the things you think it does.

You will provide citations for this, correct?

Or like all other points that I've made, you'll just brush off the support as you have done in the past, huh?

Please show me where "God" has listed Gnosticism as "heresy", "breaks moral law", or any other unfounded act.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#402037 Nov 13, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
No but there are times when God speaks to us.
When God's anointed INSPIRED... word is spoken forth
God is speaking, through that individual no matter whom he may be.
-->GOD'S WORD BREAKS THE YOKE...
Isa_10:27 And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and
---> the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing. <---
"When God's anointed INSPIRED... word is spoken forth
God is speaking, through that individual no matter whom he may be."

Who are these "annoited INSPIRED"?

Based upon your belief, "God" only inspired the writers of the Bible and those bishops in Nicea circa 325 CE.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#402038 Nov 13, 2012
If God through Grace gave us the gift of salvation, and He inspired man to write the Holy Spirits, It only stands to reason that God wanted His children to understand His written word.
That teaches us the word's of salvation through His son Jesus Christ.
To walk around ignorant of Gods Holy Word is not only neglectful on the part of many christians it is right down laziness, and sinful.
Your church fathers lied to you when they told you , you can't understand God's word because God says you can, He also said he would teach us.
If God can inspire mere men to write it God can inspire mere men to read and understand His word.
Without God man can do nothing, with God all things are possible.

Albuquerque, NM

#402039 Nov 13, 2012
who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
No, it isn't - my house is.
Maybe you aren't speaking in materialistic value, then okay, I still disagree.
My Spirit is the most "valued" thing I own.
The spirit of man is the breath of God, breathed into Adam, and 'relayed' from then to now...where we get the term 'relationship'. That spirit is not yours, it is still God's breath.
Your soul (the 'person' that sets you apart from others) is the most precious thing you own. Jesus says that a man's soul is worth more than the whole world; if you owned the whole world, you could not afford to purchase your soul. That is why He alone can do that, and that is why nothing in this world is worth dying for.
KayMarie
So you are now changing it up, to say...."the soul is the most precious"....."is worth more than the world."

Trash the Bible....it isn't needed anymore, once you have come to conclude this.

This is the confusion that Christainity conveys to its followers.

Albuquerque, NM

#402040 Nov 13, 2012
No, it isn't - my house is.
Maybe you aren't speaking in materialistic value, then okay, I still disagree.
My Spirit is the most "valued" thing I own.
The spirit of man is the breath of God, breathed into Adam, and 'relayed' from then to now...where we get the term 'relationship'. That spirit is not yours, it is still God's breath.
Your soul (the 'person' that sets you apart from others) is the most precious thing you own. Jesus says that a man's soul is worth more than the whole world; if you owned the whole world, you could not afford to purchase your soul. That is why He alone can do that, and that is why nothing in this world is worth dying for.
KayMarie
BTW - it is mine and "God's".

That makes me "like God".

Self.

#402041 Nov 13, 2012
LTM wrote:
If God through Grace gave us the gift of salvation, and He inspired man to write the Holy Spirits, It only stands to reason that God wanted His children to understand His written word.
To walk around ignorant of Gods Holy Word is not only neglectful on the part of many christians it is right down laziness, and sinful.
Your church fathers lied to you when they told you , you can't understand God's word because God says you can, He also said he would teach us.
If God can inspire mere men to write it God can inspire mere men to read and understand His word.
~~~

Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Eph 3:20 ---> Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think,

according to the power that worketh in us, <---

Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Albuquerque, NM

#402042 Nov 13, 2012
LTM wrote:
Why does "God" require man to get "His" word to each person?

Why did "God" only appoint Middle Eastern people to promote "His" word, when during this time, the Americas and those people, had other beliefs going on at the same time, with very similar characteristics in their "saviors" [Quetzalcoatl]?

"If God can inspire mere men to write it God can inspire mere men to read and understand His word."
- so you don't limit "God's inspiration" to just a handful of men - or do you?

"Without God man can do nothing, with God all things are possible."
- Wrong again, unless you live under a rock and know nothing of the world today.
- Men have done plenty without "God".....namely travelling to other planets, computer technology, and lots of other things. I even think baseball and football was created by men, without the help of "God".

Are you really this secluded from society - or do you just put on this act for others?

“Jesus is coming again!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#402043 Nov 13, 2012
Does it take sole credit for all the idols as well? The holy 10 say thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images. Have they been wholly ignorant of that one commandment? If so ... God says He winks at their ignorance, so repent and bring down those graven images.

bibleuniverse
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#402044 Nov 13, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on!
The catholic churches records have been miffed since the first catholic quit going to church centuries ago, and every catholic divorced does not go back to the church married in to have the priest rub out his name on the record book.
You can't reverse or disolve a sacrament.
The latest american statistics indicate less than 25% of Roman catholics attend mandatory sunday mass.
Imagine a huge corporation and only 25% of the employees go to work when required? You would be out of business in a hurry.
One only has to look to western europe to have their eyes opened up of catholics bailing out of their church.
The bleeding is profuse.
A belief in the absurd requires validation by others, the more the better.

Thus, the Vatican inflates the numbers and believers such as hojo embrace those numbers without question.

But when you give links that dispute those numbers, ESPECIALLY credible RCC links, then hojo sees that as an attack on the validity of his faith.

Point being -- truth and reality are not welcome by some who look to the spiritual realm for comfort. Truth and reality kick away their crutch.

For those who need constant validation, maybe becoming a eunuch would do the trick.

“Jesus is coming again!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#402045 Nov 13, 2012
Acts 17:30 (KJV)
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

bibleuniverse

Albuquerque, NM

#402046 Nov 13, 2012
LTM wrote:
</quoted text>If God can inspire mere men to write it God can inspire mere men to read and understand His word.
"Houston, we have a problem."

Why did "God" allow Led Zeppelin to write "Stairway To Heaven", when knowing that when the song is played backwards, it seems to promote Satan and otehr evil ways?

Did "God" miss this one, and for the past 30 years, just decided to let it go and not try to stop it from occuring?

Why don't you think "God" is not creditted for this song either?

Your logic is skewed. You lack knowledge to differentiate what exactly what "God" can or cannot do.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’ then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

#402047 Nov 13, 2012
So you are now changing it up, to say...."the soul is the most precious"....."is worth more than the world."
Trash the Bible....it isn't needed anymore, once you have come to conclude this.
This is the confusion that Christainity conveys to its followers.
The Bible is given for the salvation of the soul. JESUS was the One Who taught that the whole world could not pay for a human soul. Your soul is YOUR most valued possession...it is 'who' YOU are. Lose The Word of God, the Bible, and you have no hope.
"Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these 'things'(food, clothing, etc.) will be ADDED to you."
KayMarie

#402048 Nov 13, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does "God" require man to get "His" word to each person?
Why did "God" only appoint Middle Eastern people to promote "His" word, when during this time, the Americas and those people, had other beliefs going on at the same time, with very similar characteristics in their "saviors" [Quetzalcoatl]?
"If God can inspire mere men to write it God can inspire mere men to read and understand His word."
- so you don't limit "God's inspiration" to just a handful of men - or do you?
"Without God man can do nothing, with God all things are possible."
- Wrong again, unless you live under a rock and know nothing of the world today.
- Men have done plenty without "God".....namely travelling to other planets, computer technology, and lots of other things. I even think baseball and football was created by men, without the help of "God".
Are you really this secluded from society - or do you just put on this act for others?
~~~

YOU don't have REMOTEST UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO CONE AGAINST...

If you ever get born again you will understand....until then you are dead to God's word...

~~~
A TRUE CHRISTIAN IS NOT CALLED TO BE A PART OF A RELIGIOUS SOCIETY,

HE IS CALLED TO BE AN AMBASSADOR.... THAT ALLOWS THE HOLY SPIRIT TO REPRESENT GOD THROUGH HIM.

___

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2Co 5:20 ==> Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. <===

2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#402049 Nov 13, 2012
who="Fr Robert Dye"
Wow.
Are you now saying you*do* worship the Bible?
I was just poking fun.
The last time a Catholic (think it was Clay) asserted that we (Catholics) do not worship saints, "you" (was it Kay Marie?) posted "Yes, you do. You say you don't, but you do."
I thought that was completely outrageous.
Then I saw you deny that you worship the Bible, and I figured the same reasoning must apply. No?
Rob
The Bible is the single-most valuable item a man can own. Call that worship if you will. Yes, I said, "you say you don't, but you do" simply because that is the way that you present saints, crucifix's, Pope's and other Catholic items. CC's infer that we are un-Christian because we respect the Bible...thus declaring their dis-respect of it.
You think that is outrageous?
KayMarie
good friend

I want to remind you that the Mass which is said everyday, about 1/2 of it is devoted the Word. And that the entire Mass is based on scripture. And the CC encourages all to read the Bible.

A Catholic does not disrespect the Bible, or a Bible reading person. Rather the opposite is true....

It becomes a problem when the Bible is made equal to being God, and taking pride in one's knowledge of the Bible. It is a sin of presumption, and breaking the 1st Commandment(O.T.).
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#402050 Nov 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mixing what the Church teaches vs. the fact that there is sin in the Church. Admittedly there were/are a lot of bad players in the CC. It reminds me of Jesus telling the Jews to listen to what the pharisees teach, but don't necessarily follow the bad one's example.
I believe the Catholic Church teaches perfection because she teaches what the perfect teacher teaches. The prefect teacher said there no perfect people.
Same old spin.

Bottom line... Jesus did not suffer and die, only to have his deed cheapened by disgraceful acts by His sole appointed authority on earth. That would be foolish and arbitrary.

That also CLEARLY demonstrates a lack of divine guidance.

I do not think the highest power in the universe is foolish and arbitrary.

You do.

So which of us has more respect for the highest power in the universe?

#402051 Nov 13, 2012
"Houston, we have a problem."
Why did "God" allow Led Zeppelin to write "Stairway To Heaven", when knowing that when the song is played backwards, it seems to promote Satan and otehr evil ways?
Did "God" miss this one, and for the past 30 years, just decided to let it go and not try to stop it from occuring?
Why don't you think "God" is not creditted for this song either?
Your logic is skewed. You lack knowledge to differentiate what exactly what "God" can or cannot do.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’ then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

God is in the process of perfecting man AND destroying evil. He COULD destroy all evil with just a word. But 'there is none good'; there is some evil in everything/man. If He instantly destroys evil, it would leave no man standing. Besides...we are tested through such evils as you mention. Will we feed on His Word, and be perfected, or will we feed on evil...showing that we are unworthy of Him?

Why don't YOU believe Jesus???

KayMarie
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#402052 Nov 13, 2012
WE NEED TO GO BACK TO THE SUBJECT OF THIS FORUM.
WHICH SUBJECT IS
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican.
~~~
QUESTION
DO YOU BELIEVE WHAT THE VATICAN SAYS?
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS DIED ONLY FOR THE ROMAN CATHOLICS...
If so
where is it written in the Bible..
Book chapter nd verse please.
Where does it say "in the bible" that every word, every phrase, every sentence MUST BE IN THE BIBLE, in order for it to be true.
Book, chapter and verse please!!
Where does it say "in the bible" that God chose to transmit His divine infallible word ONLY IN THE BIBLE! Book, chapter and verse please!!!
This is your own "distorted-personal opinionated" (idea) THAT YOU HAVE "MADE UP" and "claim to be true" yet you HAVE NEVER proved this to be true,ANYWHERE, IN the bible!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Buck Crick 732,903
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 226,336
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min JudgeNJury 257,949
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min Chosen Holy Dr Sh... 599,877
The REALITY of workplace unhappiness for millio... 16 min Senecus 4
Michael Jordan says he used to be..'against ALL... 29 min Senecus 4
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 37 min Senecus 2,422
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr EdmondWA 94,667
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••