Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,643
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
preston

Waverly, OH

#402009 Nov 13, 2012
PHOENIX (Reuters)- An Arizona woman, in despair at the re-election of Democratic President Barack Obama, ran down her husband with the family car in suburban Phoenix on Saturday because he failed to vote in the election, police said on Monday

hopefully, this woman will get life with no chance of Parole. there is no reasoning behind some people and it shows with Az carrying the state for romney.
Fr Robert Dye

United States

#402010 Nov 13, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Fr Robert Dye"
Wow.
Are you now saying you*do* worship the Bible?
I was just poking fun.
The last time a Catholic (think it was Clay) asserted that we (Catholics) do not worship saints, "you" (was it Kay Marie?) posted "Yes, you do. You say you don't, but you do."
I thought that was completely outrageous.
Then I saw you deny that you worship the Bible, and I figured the same reasoning must apply. No?
Rob
The Bible is the single-most valuable item a man can own. Call that worship if you will. Yes, I said, "you say you don't, but you do" simply because that is the way that you present saints, crucifix's, Pope's and other Catholic items. CC's infer that we are un-Christian because we respect the Bible...thus declaring their dis-respect of it.
You think that is outrageous?
KayMarie
No, what I thought was outrageous was the statement that we worship saints, even when we deny that this is so.
I doubt that you actually worship the scriptures as an idol, although I have no doubt that there are some who call themselves Christian who *do* apprach the Bible very much the way pagans relate to an idol.
If you tell me that you do NOT worship the Bible, it is outrageous for me to claim otherwise.
YOU are the only one who can say what your relationship whith God is(Well, yes, God can, too, and one day will, but you knowwhat I mean).
By the same token, if the CC proclaims that saints are NOT to be worshipped, but only God is to be worshipped, it is outrageous for you to claim the exact opposite.
It is dishonest.
Which is surprising coming from you, KayMarie. That is not the sort of thing I have come to expect from you.
We may disagree theologically, but my impression what that you could be relied upon to be honest and logical.
Your "yes you do. You say you don't, but you do" was illogical, or dishonest, or both, and left me very disappointed with you.
I hope and pray you don't worship the scriptures. It is my firm belief that the "mark" made so much of in the Revelation is really speaking figuratively of idolatry. Anyone who worships idols, either literally or figuratively, will have "the mark."
And I don't think anyone with "great respect" for the scriptures worships them. Respect and love for the scriptures is greatly admirable.
That respect and love is HOLY.
It is SACRED.
Rob

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#402011 Nov 13, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. There is a lot of truth in what you say.
Basically, you believe the passage is read one way, through supposed years of unchanging words, and I've chosen to believe it to be another way - in regards to utilizing all of what Jesus spoke of.
I guess this is where we are at in our discussion, is it not?
Why do you think "John" is more enlightened than Jesus?
Interpretation is Perception.
Perception is Self.
Jesus believed in it, why shouldn't you?
NASL

You wrote," ...I've chosen to believe it to be another way - in regards to utilizing all of what Jesus spoke of."

Our discussion can move forward now...,

First off, I challenge you to demonstrate that Jesus said "all" of these things which Gnosticism holds, and are not in the Bible. Where does it say in Gnosticism that you have ALL of Jesus' sayings? What and where is the validation of these sayings(I didn't say rewritten manuscripts)?

Secondly, your belief system being gnostically based is "utilizing" what Jesus teaches rather than is based in Truth. To utililze is; to use, make a pratical use of, or to exploit. Therefore at best you could lawfully call the teachings of Jesus as being used, but morally not lived. That again goes back to breaking the moral law of the 10 Commanmdments again(Thou shalt not steal. And I will go ahead and declare it covets thy neighbors goods, and commits spiritual adultery. This makes 6 of the 10 Commandments broken.)

I never said John is more enlightened than Jesus.
preston

Waverly, OH

#402012 Nov 13, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what I thought was outrageous was the statement that we worship saints, even when we deny that this is so.
I doubt that you actually worship the scriptures as an idol, although I have no doubt that there are some who call themselves Christian who *do* apprach the Bible very much the way pagans relate to an idol.
If you tell me that you do NOT worship the Bible, it is outrageous for me to claim otherwise.
YOU are the only one who can say what your relationship whith God is(Well, yes, God can, too, and one day will, but you knowwhat I mean).
By the same token, if the CC proclaims that saints are NOT to be worshipped, but only God is to be worshipped, it is outrageous for you to claim the exact opposite.
It is dishonest.
Which is surprising coming from you, KayMarie. That is not the sort of thing I have come to expect from you.
We may disagree theologically, but my impression what that you could be relied upon to be honest and logical.
Your "yes you do. You say you don't, but you do" was illogical, or dishonest, or both, and left me very disappointed with you.
I hope and pray you don't worship the scriptures. It is my firm belief that the "mark" made so much of in the Revelation is really speaking figuratively of idolatry. Anyone who worships idols, either literally or figuratively, will have "the mark."
And I don't think anyone with "great respect" for the scriptures worships them. Respect and love for the scriptures is greatly admirable.
It is SACRED.
Rob
when you have been on here as long as I have, you will find that not all that say Lord, Lord actually belong to HIM.

any person like her and her husband that follow the likes of Benny Hinn cant be a Christian.

FALSE PROPHET ALERT!
Matt 24:23-26 Fulfilled in Your Hearing!

----------

Previous failed prophecies of Benny Hinn, made on New Year's eve of 1989:

The Spirit tells Benny that Castro will die in the 90's.( 1989 by Benny Hinn)

Orlando Christian Center, Dec. 31st, 1989.

"The Spirit tells me - Fidel Castro will die - in the 90's. Oooh my! Some will try to kill him and they will not succeed. But there will come a change in his physical health, and he will not stay in power, and Cuba will be visited of God."

- Benny Hinn.

----------

The Lord tells Benny that homosexuals in America will be destroyed by fire by 1995.( 1989 by Benny Hinn)

Orlando Christian Center, Dec. 31st, 1989.

"The Lord also tells me to tell you in the mid 90's, about '94-'95, no later than that, God will destroy the homosexual community of America.[audience applauds] But He will not destroy it - with what many minds have thought Him to be, He will destroy it with fire. And many will turn and be saved, and many will rebel and be destroyed."

- Benny Hinn

http://www.biblelight.net/tbn.htm .

dont want him and her to even remotely suggest that I am plagarizing this article(even tho he aint smret enough to know what the word means)
preston

Waverly, OH

#402013 Nov 13, 2012
continued;

Now with that kind of record for Benny Hinn, Trinity Broadcasting Network began its Spring 2000 fundraising Praise-A-Thon with some rather astounding claims. On the April 2nd TBN program, Benny Hinn claimed that God is about to make a major move to anoint the people of God, as soon as Israel signs a treaty with the ailing Hafez Al-Assad* of Syria, which will likely be within the next year. This will signal the impending large scale shift of financial wealth from the wicked to those obedient to God. But, in order to benefit from this unprecedented supernatural anointing, you must be obedient to God and sow your financial seed (to TBN) now!

However, its not the money that really concerns God, its your total obedience. The greatest danger that Christians face now, according to Hinn, is disobedience against God by not contributing financially to the coming harvest of God with your seed money! You must be willing to give your all, in order to demonstrate your true obedience. In fact, Benny revealed that God is even now healing those who call in their contributions to TBN. But this is not selling healing for money, he says, it is God blessing those who are truly obedient and worthy to receive his coming unusual anointing! Indeed, God will even be saving people you know as you are calling in your pledge to TBN. Great signs and wonders are anticipated this coming year, and Benny even told Paul Crouch to expect that there will be dead people raised this year!(R. W. Schambach claimed to have raised a dead man on another later TBN program, in addition to healing the blind, deaf, mute, and lame.) The implication is that you will be bypassed by God and miss out on the supernatural anointing to come if you are not totally obedient to God and call in your pledge to TBN now!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#402014 Nov 13, 2012
The Bible is the single-most valuable item a man can own. KayMarie
No, it isn't - my house is.

Maybe you aren't speaking in materialistic value, then okay, I still disagree.

My Spirit is the most "valued" thing I own.
preston

Waverly, OH

#402015 Nov 13, 2012
ROB, dont take my word. ask Anthony about her and her husband.

but what you see is what you get when you know this is what they support.

The death of Assad on June 10th 2000 shows that Benny Hinn did not know what he was talking about, and is further proof that he is a false prophet, if any more evidence was needed.

Benny Hinn's failed prophecy of a peace treaty with Syria's Hafez Al-Assad ( April 2nd, 2000 by TBN) Note: this clip has been edited for the sake of file size, and has several places where content has been edited out. A brief pause occurs at those points.

On the 25th of July, 2000 ( July 25th, 2000 by TBN) when peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians broke down in Washington, Benny Hinn again appeared on a TBN program and said, regarding the recent death of Hafez Al-Assad and his failure to make peace with Israel,- "...it was God's plan for it not to happen, really."

kinda like the lie that PAD another Assembly of God follower told about billy graham and his prophecy about Kennedy AFTER THE DEATH
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#402016 Nov 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text> But you would gladly go along with someone who would desire for God to cast Billy Grahm to hell. You are a pitiful,mindless follower of the devil.
Their two of a kind. here is their post and reply.
Note hoe he as the I I I I syndrom going on in his post.

Comments (Page 19,264)

Truth wrote:

<quoted text>
And, why would we care what Billy Graham has to say....
He is another false teacher...so you think it is fine to follow a

false teacher....come on now...

Preston wrote:

lol, I just got home and the phone rang and it was a telemarketer

who had a three question survey that they wanted me to answer.
and the first qustion was about billy graham and what he thought

about something and did I agree or disagree, well of course since I

cant stand Billy Graham, I hit that I disagreed with him and as soon

as I did that, they hung up and I never got to hear the other two

questions.

Now I will miss hours of sleep worrying about those other two

questions about billy graham.

graham ought tokeep his nose out of politics and I will never

forgive him for the ranting that he did against Israel.

May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot

community. where the sun never shines.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#402017 Nov 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
What could be more evil, and unGodly than asking that God would send someone to hell? Pray for him if you disagree. Ask God to change his heart. These might be things that a christian would do. But what Presto did is as unGodly and unchristian and full of hate as can be done. And yet He continually judges others and continually brings up anything he can to condemn. HERE is Preston's post....... You be the judge.........."" "graham ought tokeep his nose out of politics and I will never forgive him""".
"May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot community. where the sun never shines." ..........
NOW UNTRUTH, the question is how ccould anyone follow or give thiere alligience to a person like this???
Yeppers That he did.

Comments (Page 19,264)

Truth wrote:

<quoted text>
And, why would we care what Billy Graham has to say....
He is another false teacher...so you think it is fine to follow a

false teacher....come on now...

Preston wrote:

lol, I just got home and the phone rang and it was a telemarketer

who had a three question survey that they wanted me to answer.
and the first qustion was about billy graham and what he thought

about something and did I agree or disagree, well of course since I

cant stand Billy Graham, I hit that I disagreed with him and as soon

as I did that, they hung up and I never got to hear the other two

questions.

Now I will miss hours of sleep worrying about those other two

questions about billy graham.

graham ought tokeep his nose out of politics and I will never

forgive him for the ranting that he did against Israel.

May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot

community. where the sun never shines.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#402018 Nov 13, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I can predict the reply.
He and others have no choice but to avoid the VERIFIABLE reality you post.
The fact is that you and I are STILL counted as catholic by the Vatican method. We cannot escape.
They own us and have since infancy -- unless of course, we are willing to pay a fee to formally "de-baptize."
Yes thankfully, money will buy anything from the RCC - from an annulment to a ticket to Heaven. So we can pay to escape, but I find that method deplorable. So I suffer in silence under to burden of RCC oppression.
Right on!

The catholic churches records have been miffed since the first catholic quit going to church centuries ago, and every catholic divorced does not go back to the church married in to have the priest rub out his name on the record book.

You can't reverse or disolve a sacrament.

The latest american statistics indicate less than 25% of Roman catholics attend mandatory sunday mass.

Imagine a huge corporation and only 25% of the employees go to work when required? You would be out of business in a hurry.

One only has to look to western europe to have their eyes opened up of catholics bailing out of their church.

The bleeding is profuse.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#402019 Nov 13, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL

You wrote," ...I've chosen to believe it to be another way - in regards to utilizing all of what Jesus spoke of."
Our discussion can move forward now...,
Oooh goody!!

;o)
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I challenge you to demonstrate that Jesus said "all" of these things which Gnosticism holds, and are not in the Bible.
I'll answer this challenge after you demonstrate the same challenge with what is included in the Bible.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say in Gnosticism that you have ALL of Jesus' sayings?
It doesn't.

Where does it say that Gnosticism is a "heresy"?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
What and where is the validation of these sayings(I didn't say rewritten manuscripts)?
By scholars through texual criticism, research of the words used, and how they have been used in the texts.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Secondly, your belief system being gnostically based is "utilizing" what Jesus teaches rather than is based in Truth.

Is "Jesus the truth"?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
To utililze is; to use, make a pratical use of, or to exploit.
I choose the use and to make practical use of. I guess the RCC is the only group who is exploiting what Jesus taught.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore at best you could lawfully call the teachings of Jesus as being used, but morally not lived.
I disagree.

You don't use most of his teachings, as you say you have, which is false, and that is a moral apprehension to others.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
That again goes back to breaking the moral law of the 10 Commanmdments again(Thou shalt not steal. And I will go ahead and declare it covets thy neighbors goods, and commits spiritual adultery. This makes 6 of the 10 Commandments broken.)
WOW - you really think another two is included?

Your opinion really has no bearing on anything in my life. Basically, your negativity towards me and my life will not help you in any way to achieve salvation you think is attainable.

BTW - you aren't supposed to judge.

Do you need another sack of stones?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said John is more enlightened than Jesus.
Yes you did - you quoted "John's" passage and declared he said that Jesus was "God", when Jesus never called himself this title. Thus accepting what "John" stated as true.

So in essence, you not only think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus, you also think "John" is two.
- "bearing false witness"

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#402020 Nov 13, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
because though He was God He became flesh and blood and was therefore subject to the same indignities that we are and it wasn't His time to die yet.
the bigger question is, since you know these things, why do you side against this good God with smarmy lying devil? do you think that you'll escape the same fate as your mentor?
Thank you! I can't believe that you took out time from all your other socks, just to reply to me!

Location hidden

#402021 Nov 13, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts are well connected. I'm sorry you are not understanding them. What parts do you need more clarity?
Most of my posts speak of the things that show evidence that the RCC is not any true church for salvation. I've written a lot in this forum, so it won't be hard finding any of mine. You may want to start around post 11K.
An individual and its Self is.
I've shown many a time that those questions I've asked drills to the heart of any salvation, and people still want to hide behind other men and their pulpits.
I do want to thank "Clay for making an attempt to answer them, but "Clay" decided to answer vaguely and not anywhere to the point. He enjoyed diverting from answering the questions directly....
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
...because they hit the heart of honesty in one's belief. Are they really true to their belief or would rather sit in the pews and enjoy what other people tell them who they are.
By all means, its the latter that seems to have the stronghold at the moment. People refusing to take responsibility for their Self.
Cheers.
NASL

You write, " Are they really true to their belief or would rather sit in the pews and enjoy what other people tell them who they are."

I am not dismissing your questioning of others in their beliefs. You are in effect revealing hypocricy. But you leave the answer only to one of two options. Also the question itself is complex/compound, so it cannot be answered.

So I will take the first part of the question....,

The question of "Are they really true to their belief...?"

Being true to one's beliefs requires an intellectual act, and truth. The belief must pass three criteria, one of objectivity, one of intention, and one of circumstances. This makes the belief a moral law. The problem is that in general people often have limited time in which to probe all three of these criteria. And the conflict between law and freedom is often not developed enough in an individual that they may not be able to express their answer into words.

Here is where the hypocricy of Gnosticism is revealed, since it is known to break the moral Law of the 10 Commandments.(6 of which I have named so far.) Therefore, its belief system is not true. And those who practice it are hypocrits.

It is because we have free will that we tend to act as servants to some law. In the case here of intellect and truth, the moral law dictates what is good and bad. And so the conclusion is that Gnosticism is bad, since it breaks moral law....

Q. E. D.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#402022 Nov 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you and your husband speak for God?
No but there are times when God speaks to us.

When God's anointed INSPIRED... word is spoken forth

God is speaking, through that individual no matter whom he may be.

-->GOD'S WORD BREAKS THE YOKE...

Isa_10:27 And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and

---> the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing. <---
Clay

United States

#402023 Nov 13, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
It is dishonest.
It is SACRED.
Rob
Interesting. I never really thought the 'mark of the beast' was an actual mark either. There are plenty of people all around us that may as well have a visible mark on their forehead because we can see
They reject God and serve the 'beast'. So an actual
Numbering system would be unnecessary. Right?

Revelation is a doozy of a book when in the wrong hands.

Question: could the So-called rapture that John was seeing be taking place at every Catholic Mass?
Because it seems to me his visions describe the Mass- with the Priests in robes and incense and the Lamb of God (Christ)? Lamb is something you eat. I would like to know your thoughts on Revelation, Fr Rob.

Location hidden

#402024 Nov 13, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
really?
Even Jesus says this and you don't believe it?
"For as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish for three days and three nights, so will the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights."
Jesus plainly says Jonah was in the fish,...
Then you don't believe Jesus was in he heart of the earth?
Greetings marge good friend

You write "For as Jonah was in the belly...."

The word, "was" is an imperfect past tense verb, which simply means that of a past action. It does not mean or imply, or establish Jonah actually in the belly...

It relates
Clay

United States

#402025 Nov 13, 2012
<quoted text>
No but there are times when God speaks to us.
When God's anointed INSPIRED... word is spoken forth
God is speaking, through that individual no matter whom he may be.
-->GOD'S WORD BREAKS THE YOKE...
Isa_10:27 And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and
---> the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing. <---
When Gods inspired word is read- but interpreted differently then what He wishes- what good is it?

So the question remains: which one of you are interpreting it the way God wishes.
Personally, I don't want to be the one responsible for interpreting it opposite of what God wants, so I'm sticking with the interpretations of the Church that put the book together and the teachings of the Apostolic fathers, because I don't believe the Apostles would have left their writings to be a hidden secret. I believe they explained them to the men they ordained.

#402026 Nov 13, 2012
who="Anthony MN"]<quoted text>
So you and your husband speak for God?

As long as any of us say what He says, we are speaking 'for' Him. We do not speak from our own opinion, and speak for Him.

Even Jesus said, "I say WHAT MY FATHER SAYS".

KayMarie

#402027 Nov 13, 2012
who="Fr Robert Dye"
It is dishonest.
It is SACRED.
Rob

Sorry you were disappointed. I have no desire to insult or offend anyone. I speak only what I hear; in fact, if you will go back and read the posts on Topix, you will see that they insist that prayers to the dead saints are given great respect, and are expected to facilitate answers. I greatly respect my ancestors and friends who have died, but, "There is ONE name given under heaven whereby a man might be saved." And, "There is ONE mediator between God and man...that man Christ Jesus".

KayMarie

#402028 Nov 13, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
BTW, I've tried to get some others to explain what belief means to them. Can you tell me what it means to you? Is loving Jesus part of your believing in Him?

Belief in Jesus is absolute trust/confidence that HE provides forgiveness for our sins, and eternal life. One might say that 'believe' is a contraction of "being alive" in Jesus. He quickens (makes alive) our mortal body, and will, at His appearing, change these mortal (of death) bodies to immortal (undying) bodies like His own.

The instant that I yielded to that faith, I was awakened to become a new creature (II Cor. 5:17) in Him. Instantly I not only understood the commandments, I had a love for them and a desire to please Him. I've come to realize that HE IS TRUTH, and I have confidence (faith) in all that He says.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min BenAdam 763,564
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 25 min Mandela 119,187
moms do you like to keep your young sons bottom... (May '12) 31 min weirdworld 17
Beasiswa Unggulan Pemerintah Turki 2014-2015 (Feb '14) 41 min riswana 2
FOX&#x27;s Resident Windbag Claims Prez&#x... 44 min Caesar 1
Do white women love Interracial Porn? (Nov '09) 59 min yes 532
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Jac 603,525
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 263,402
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Lyndi 175,006
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 12 hr woody934 136

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE