Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687346 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#401802 Nov 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I would argue that if the teachings in faith and morals were adhered to, the society would be as perfect as could be expected from an imperfect humanity. Please give me your example of another teaching on faith and morals that would be superior.
I believe most faiths have something to offer.

You are the one who claims a degree of perfection. When such a bold claim is made, it invites scrutiny of the claim.

A close inspection of history and real world facts reveals the absurdity of the claim.

A statement of faith, OK. But when you argue this (or any) faith as fact, then you have a problem.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#401803 Nov 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What? I not only answered them...I made you look stupid, and I don't celebrate doing that. You are in my prayers.
No you didn't. But that is for another day.

Did you want to do a prayer experiment with me?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#401804 Nov 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What? I not only answered them...I made you look stupid, and I don't celebrate doing that. You are in my prayers.
BTW - thanks for reading my posts!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#401805 Nov 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you that the Apostles may have explained all those verses already?
Well Kay, they did. We can look to other writings from the students of the Apostles to see how the first century church understood things. The horror you guys would face is that those writings will sound really Catholic. But the fact is, they were written by men who sat at the dinner table with Peter, John and Paul and walked along side them.
If I was in your shoes and I taught differently than the Apostolic fathers, I would run to the hills and hide. Its not good Kay. Not good...
Clay, Matt 23:8 says,' don't let anyone call you 'Rabbi', for we have only one teacher and we are all eguals as brothers and sisters'

Now apply that to what you wrote and note that your 'fathers' are egual to you and us.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#401806 Nov 12, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 5:6-10, 6 "For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life."
AMEN
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#401807 Nov 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So it was Romney's weak candidacy? What changed in the GOP prior to Obama that casued them to vote the way they did?
Romney was a strong candidate and I think he ran a good campaign.

The short answer -- extremism and disrespect.

You completely passed over what I said about the illegal immigrant, cheap labor scam. That is one example. But in the end, I doubt if you will ever get beyond your deep 'skin color' reasoning.

Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#401808 Nov 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I never saw that link. Could you post it again?
In response to your response. I said "a priest will have the same interpretations as another priest down the street..."
You said, " I think I would challenge that clay"
Then you talked about lively debates amongst Priest where apparently you guys disagree sometimes.. I'm not the least shocked by that, Rob. That wasn't what I was getting at anyway.
Then you said "but on matters of doctrine we teach as the Church teaches .. Our own opinions are not as important as true teaching"
Rob, what did you think I meant when I said Priests will teach the same as each other?
I welcome any constructive criticism and corrections when I mis speak on Catholicism. I think it was obvious what I meant..
.Clay, I was not attacking you.
I wa merely trying to point out that we are not robots.
If you ask two different priests how to interpret a passage, you may get two different ways of looking at it.
I tend to look at a great deal of the scriptures as having characteristics similar to the parables of Jesus. The story of Jonah is a good example. I don't believe it ever happened, but that makes it no less Sacred Scipture, with a wonderful statement about God's relationship with anyone being a call to be Light for other people. Jonah fails in understanding yhat, and thus is an example of a misunderstood relationship with God.
But I know another priest who feels very stringly that the story of Jonah DID happen, and should be presented as such.
And both of these views can fit withing the Catholic way of looking at scripture.
I'm sorry if you felt it was an attack.
Rob
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#401809 Nov 12, 2012
marge

Leesburg, GA

#401810 Nov 12, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney was a strong candidate and I think he ran a good campaign.
The short answer -- extremism and disrespect.
You completely passed over what I said about the illegal immigrant, cheap labor scam. That is one example. But in the end, I doubt if you will ever get beyond your deep 'skin color' reasoning.
wow a charge of racism from an unbeliever...

God says we're all equal, sans 'he made them male and female.

God also says your a walking dead man FM.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#401811 Nov 12, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>glad that you are ok, my wife and daugher, husband and children are in TN this weekend. visiting your relative(dolly).lol
Dollywood is now lit up for Christmas.
My daughter will be taking me soon.
I'm looking forward to seeing the lights.
A couple of weeks ago,we went to the fall
festival.

My grandson got to see how sorgum molasses are made.
He even got to taste a sample of it.

Also,the whole month of October was Gospel singing month.

The Issacs and other groups were there.

I love the train ride.
Especially when they play the song,
Lifes Railway to Heaven.
The mountains were in full color.

Life's Railway to Heaven

Life is like a mountain railway,
With an engineer that’s brave;
We must make the run successful,
From the cradle to the grave;
Watch the curves, the fills, the tunnels;
Never falter, never fail;
Keep your hands upon the throttle,
And your eyes upon the rail.

Blessed Savior, Thou wilt guide us,
Till we reach that blissful shore,
Where the angels wait to join us
In Thy praise forevermore.

You will roll up grades of trial;
You will cross the bridge of strife;
See that Christ is your conductor
On this lightning train of life;
Always mindful of obstruction,
Do your duty, never fail;

You will often find obstructions,
Look for storms and wind and rain;
On a hill, or curve, or trestle
They will almost ditch your train;
Put your trust alone in Jesus,
Never falter, never fail;

As you roll across the trestle,
Spanning Jordan’s swelling tide,
You behold the Union Depot
Into which your train will glide;
There you’ll meet the Sup’rintendent,
God, the Father, God the Son,
With the hearty, joyous plaudit,
“Weary Pilgrim, welcome home.”

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#401812 Nov 12, 2012
From the Desk of Billy Graham

All of us care a great deal about our country. The intensity of opinions and feelings during the long political campaign showed the depth of that concern.

Now with the votes counted, it is important to remember that whether we are personally pleased with the outcome or not, God wants us to pray for those chosen to be our leaders—at the national, state, and local levels. The Bible urges us to do so with both respect and thanksgiving (see 1 Peter 2:17; 1 Timothy 2:1–3).

We must also remember that no election will ever solve America’s most basic problems. That is because the trouble, at its root, is in the human heart, and the only path to true restoration—for a person or for a nation—is through repentance. The Bible says,“Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord”(Acts 3:19–20, ESV).

Only the Gospel, God’s Good News, has the power to change lives, heal hearts, and restore a nation.

I want that to happen in America, and I know you want that as well. I turned 94 on the day after the election. Although my age and health have limited me physically in recent years, I plan to spend the next 12 months, if God permits, doing all that I am able to do in helping to carry out a fresh vision God has given us—a vision to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to every possible place in America by the time of my 95th birthday. It’s called My Hope, and I pray that you will partner with us.

In the days of the Prophet Jeremiah, God commanded His people to “seek the peace and prosperity” of the land where He had placed them and to “pray to the Lord for it”(Jeremiah 29:7, NIV). I ask you to join me in committing the next 52 weeks to faithful, even fervent, prayer for this land in which we live. You can start by making a list of people you know personally who need Jesus Christ and then begin praying regularly for them, individually by name.

Pray also for your neighborhood and your city, asking God to bring men, women, teens, and children—people from your own community—to Himself during the next 12 months. And pray along with me for the nation, asking God for mercy on America and for a great spiritual awakening.

My son Franklin is spearheading this vision and outreach, working in partnership with thousands of churches across every state in the country (ask your pastor if your church plans to take part). Franklin will be sending you more details on how this will work through the coming months and how you can participate.

At the climax of My Hope one year from now, if God enables me, I want to call the entire nation to repentance and lasting hope in Jesus Christ. The message I give will be presented in a fresh format, different from preaching at a Crusade, but the same Gospel. I believe we will see God work in a mighty way.

It is my passionate, heartfelt desire to see God change hearts and lives in every community in America, and I pray He will stir the same desire in you.

Will you join Franklin and me in this bold venture?

May God bless you,
marge

Leesburg, GA

#401813 Nov 12, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
.Clay, I was not attacking you.
I wa merely trying to point out that we are not robots.
If you ask two different priests how to interpret a passage, you may get two different ways of looking at it.
I tend to look at a great deal of the scriptures as having characteristics similar to the parables of Jesus. The story of Jonah is a good example. I don't believe it ever happened, but that makes it no less Sacred Scipture, with a wonderful statement about God's relationship with anyone being a call to be Light for other people. Jonah fails in understanding yhat, and thus is an example of a misunderstood relationship with God.
But I know another priest who feels very stringly that the story of Jonah DID happen, and should be presented as such.
And both of these views can fit withing the Catholic way of looking at scripture.
I'm sorry if you felt it was an attack.
Rob
really?

Even Jesus says this and you don't believe it?

"For as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish for three days and three nights, so will the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights."

Jesus plainly says Jonah was in the fish,...

Then you don't believe Jesus was in he heart of the earth?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#401814 Nov 12, 2012
Rob, it says, Jonah 1:17;

Now the LORD had arranged for a great fish to swallow Jonah ...

If this were a parable the LORD would not have to provide a great fish.

Rob, get yourself an NLT version of the Bible for christmas, you will love reading it:)
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#401815 Nov 12, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
That is interesting. I never saw anything like that. Is it an actual mass?
Personally - although its beautiful worship- it is a little to modern for me. I like more traditional forms.
But I know Christ appreciates how they sing praise to Him. So that's all that should matter..
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#401816 Nov 12, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
really?
"For as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish for three days and three nights, so will the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights."
So what?

You don't believe Christ when He LITERALLY pointed at the bread and said this IS MY BODY.
You don't believe Him when He says, "unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man, you have no life in you"
You don't believe Him when He says, "Peter you are the rock upon which I will build my CHURCH.."

I don't understand you people. Some verses you accept as literally. Some you don't, even thou Our Lord was obviously speaking plainly about the Eucharist.

As for Jonah and the whale? It seems Christ was carrying on with the STORY of Jonah in the whale.
preston

Athens, OH

#401817 Nov 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Good for you. This needs to stop.
I have NEVER ASKED YOU or MR FRAUD TO POST TO ME
preston

Athens, OH

#401818 Nov 12, 2012
marge wrote:
Rob, get yourself an NLT version of the Bible for christmas, you will love reading it:)
you do know that a whale is NOT a fish, dont you.

not only that,just to give you something to think about. If Jesus was crucified on Friday, and resurrected on Sunday morning, how could that be three days and three nights?

PS<I already know the answer
preston

Athens, OH

#401819 Nov 12, 2012
marge wrote:
throw that book away and get a KJV, then you wont have to read mistakes.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#401820 Nov 12, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
really?
~~~

Marge..

as we read the post of Fr Robert Dye and others here in this forum

there is a revelation of the inconsistency and confusion that is within

the Roman Catholic Church,

Inconsistency and confusion (as you have pointed out...) that comes

from their inability to co-relate the scriptures.

Question

How can any one rightly divide the word of God if the deny part of it.

As I have written before

The Bible is as a fine interwoven piece of clothe

with the warp, and the woof...that makes up the weft (the finished product.)

they have pulled out the threads of truth by their Latin translation

and their traditions, and paganistic editing, THAT.. noting more

than a tattered rag, IS ALL THEY HAVE LEFT...

AND WHEN THEY ARE WARNED about their ignorance,,,, THEY MOCK AND CALL NAMES...

AS THE PROPHET ISAIAH SAID...

Isa_28:20 For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it: and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself in it.

THEY WILL NOT FIND ETERNAL REST FOR THEIR SOULS IN SUCH A SPIRITUAL CONDITION....
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#401821 Nov 12, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, Matt 23:8 says,' don't let anyone call you 'Rabbi', for we have only one teacher and we are all eguals as brothers and sisters'
Now apply that to what you wrote and note that your 'fathers' are egual to you and us.
What are you talking about?

First off, anytime you guys sling bible verses at us and each other, its sickening. You guys haven't a clue on sacred scripture. All of you teach differently than what the Apostles taught.
Heck, you teach differently than the last generation of Protestants!
What does that tell you Marge? Your Grandchildren will be teaching differently than you! Thats disturbing.

Anyway Matthew 23:8....Jesus is denouncing the hypocrisy of the Pharisees and Scribes before and after the line "call no man father". The Scribes and Pharisees were not humble men. Certainly Christ is not telling you Marge, to cease calling your Mom's husband 'father'.
Just curious...do you call your Dad, Father?
Again, you guys are always guilty of isolating certain verses to spread deceit about us, like 'bowing down before statues'.
Please just leave our Bible alone. Every time you grab it and preach, your setting yourself up for a terrible judgement shall you succeed in snatching a person away from the Eucharist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 41 min Ms Sassy 31,236
Little Jojo 48 min KoKos Sassy 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr dotard tracker 987,376
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 2 hr Frustrated 268
Most Criminals Are DEMOCRATS! 5 hr Jimmy D Cricket 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Not Govt Controll... 286,595
-----*ANTICHRIST on world stage----- 9 hr NewsGlobal 1
More from around the web