Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,871
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#401540 Nov 11, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>The Hispanic Catholics here probablly did for sure seeing how thei orgins started in Mexico and South America that is prodominatly Catholic.
As I recall, polls indicate that Hispanic Catholics went for Obama 52% to 48%, about the same as non-Hispanic Catholics.

I suppose the Vatican's old dream of destroying the USA from within isn't working out as planned.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#401541 Nov 11, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics went for Obama in spite of every church having "voter guides" and classes to "educate" Catholics on the issues and how to vote.
Once again, Catholics turned their noses up at their church.
post (quoted above) hitting nail on head = 9 negative judgies.

Thank you, an honor :o)

No wonder the RCC fought against concepts such as democracy and human rights for so long.

Memo to the Vatican -- Jesus wasn't guiding you during that 100+ year period either.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#401542 Nov 11, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey good to hear from you Anthony.
I think the Republicans made a huge mistake with Romney. The better candidate was Santorum. I didn't understand why they nominated a guy that clearly couldn't defeat Obama. His religion is just to bizarre for many people.
Plus, Obama has the morons on his side. The folks in the inner city too. They had no idea why they were voting for Obama other than it was cool.. Or he has the same skin color as them.
Romney wasn't my first choice either. I liked Santorum and I think Gingrich is brilliant. They'll have to go with one of the young guys next time like Jindahl, Rubio or Ryan.

All Catholics BTW... ;o)

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#401544 Nov 11, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You did?
Oh okay - fine.
<quoted text>
This is John saying what Jesus said - which is now considered a second hand source and not Jesus.
Why do you believe John?
BTW - the Spirit - in which Jesus is supposedly expressing - was before Abraham. The Spirit is eternal.
<quoted text>
Yes - logic is used. Unfortunately, "logic" is not in most vocabularies of so-called "Christians".
<quoted text>
Faith = Self.
Only you (or another) will make this choice.
Self.
<quoted text>
Wow - do you have a citation to go along with this claim?
<quoted text>
Citation please.
Are you going to post something that is not biased towards Catholicism?
You should - as it will support your claim better.
<quoted text>
Nah -'we' are very much informed.
You keep forgetting, I used to be Catholic and went through the rigamaroos that was placed before me.
Try again. In fact, I am informed about Christianity and other religions of the world.
NASL

Our previous exchange went
Robert F wrote:

<quoted text>
Question f. is a new one, you write, "Where does Jesus call himself "God" in the Bible?"
My answer is John 8:58
"Before Abraham was, I am."
Your answer: This is John saying what Jesus said - which is now considered a second hand source and not Jesus.

Why do you believe John?

Your observation is correct. And I incorrectly read the question.

The answer to, "Where does Jesus call himself "God" in the Bible?"..., Jesus is in the temple.

Your objection is noted that this is secondhand source.

Whether it is a firsthand or secondhand source is immaterial. This is what is testified of John. And this is in the Bible.

Thus I fulfilled the requirements of your question....

Now you go into another "Why" question,"Why do you believe John?"

Answer: It is his testimony directly observed, and was observed by others to be true....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#401545 Nov 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
The gospel message could not be any simpler. So simple that even a child could respond to the Holy Spirit's drawing. Paul and Silas told him exactly what he must do to be saved. Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, AND YOU WILL BE SAVED. NO IFS, NO BUTS, NO MAYBES. wHY DO RELIGIONS TRY TO MAKE IT SO HARD, WHEN JESUS MADE IT SO EASY?
Do you love Jesus?

Location hidden

#401546 Nov 11, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't studied the Canon Law since my teenage years, so you are correct.
Do I need to? No.
Is it required for me to be saved? No - supposedly only" Jesus can save". No need for the "law", huh?
Did Jesus speak of studying the Canon Law? No, he didn't.
Three strikes right there.
There is no need to "study" something that represents someone else's mindset, unless you think those men can save you? Do you?
Find it within yourself to seek the kingdom of "God", like Jesus said to do.
But you don't believe Jesus when he said this, so 'why' do we even continue with our discussion of someone else's thought <'Canon Law'>?
NASL

The point of our discussion was on excommunication in Canon Law.

Why are we discussing it?

Because you don't understand what excommunication is, and what Cannon Law is, but give your opinion without any support(citation), thinking it is right, while it is clearly wrong.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#401547 Nov 11, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your telling post.
Your remarks confirm what I wrote -- you think Latinos are stupid, shallow, and even rejected the RCC in order to vote according to "skin color."
But happily, Anthony believes Latinos will "smarten up." lol
Memo to Anthony -- Latinos know you far better than you know them.
Latinos know the game. Thank you for making my point.
Ok. In your opinion they didn't vote for him because of his skin color. Do they want to emulate the black culture? Did they vote for him because he increased food stamps by 75%? Did they vote for him because of his radical pro-abortion views? Please explain to me why they did not vote for Romney except for his immigration policies.

Location hidden

#401548 Nov 11, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Your belittling has no affect, just more double talk bullshit.
TBS

I have been wanting to thank you for pointing out John 8:59.

It has been a source of lectio divina for me since you mentioned it....

So..., thank you.

Location hidden

#401549 Nov 11, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Robert.
This list of men you post who wrote stories long after a person died, men who never met the man they are writing about, and you claim that is your evidence that this man existed?(lol)
Who does that?(lol)
Not a single contemporary historical mention of Jesus, not by Romans or by Jews, not by believers or by unbelievers, not during his entire lifetime. Not by one person who was miraclized, or witnessed miracles, not by any of his brothers, mother, father no one...... NOTHING!
It doesn't surprise you, there are no (contemporary) historical documents for 'Jesus, the Christ'. The writings of Paul are not contemporary accounts: they do not appear until years after the purported time of Jesus and they include a concession that Paul never actually met an earthly Jesus.
Paul in all his writings never mentions a miraculous virgin birth, slaughter of infant males, 12 apostles, Mary/Joseph, Miracles, Crucifixion etc. Is it possible that these stories about Jesus had not yet been created or invented until the gospel writers made these stories up decades later?
The Dalai Lama...arguably the most peaceful person on the planet. Believes in spiritual enlightenment, love for all man kind, peace for everyone. The man will not even kill a spider. He has nothing but love in his heart for every last living organism on this planet and would never say a bad word about anyone or anything. He lives his life in peace and harmony for his fellow man. too bad he's going to burn in HELL for all eternity because he doesn;t believe Jesus is the son of God...really? I mean come on...really??
good friend

Thank you for bringing up this issues on the historicity of Jesus, and contemporary writer issues of Jesus....Previously, I had not given it much thought, and relied more on faith and belief. Now that I have explored the matter a bit more, my previous beliefs have been strengthened as I understand a bit more of the historical accounts of Jesus life outside the Bible, and my faith has been reasoned even more deeply than before you brought forth these issues.

You write to me, "It doesn't surprise you, there are no (contemporary) historical documents for 'Jesus, the Christ'."

I have shown you the reasons why, and so I am not surprised at all. In fact, I am more encouraged in a way you don't understand.

As for the Dalai Lama..., I am not qualified to pass judgement. Do you think the Dalai Lama has performed miracles?

Again, thank you....
marge

Ames, IA

#401550 Nov 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you love Jesus?
Because He first loved us;

'thank you for loving me...thank you for saving me'
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#401551 Nov 11, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics went for Obama in spite of every church having "voter guides" and classes to "educate" Catholics on the issues and how to vote.
Once again, Catholics turned their noses up at their church.
Actually half of them did. It's sad that 50% of American Catholics don't know their faith as well as they should. A big thanks to the Secularists of America I guess.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#401552 Nov 11, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
1... "The Lord Jesus, before ascending into heaven, commanded his disciples to proclaim the Gospel to the whole world and to baptize all nations."
2... Jesus appoints the Catholic Church as sole heir to His disciples to fulfill His Divine Mission.
No way, no how.
God does not eff up so much to allow the legacy His only begotten Son to be so mishandled over the next 2000 years later, so that not only are all nations not baptized, but less than 10% of humanity follows according to the wishes of this so-called heir.
The RCC was not appointed, nor is it uniquely guided by any god.
We know this by its deeds -- along with 2000 results.
After 2000 years, even the most traditional Catholic societies have begun to reject the RCC outright. Spain and France have opted to allow gay marriage. Ireland briefly cut off diplomatic relations withe the Vatican. The RCC was rejected in the latest U.S. election.
God is not as inept and foolish as some Catholics make God out to be.
What makes you think God supports secularist societies?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#401553 Nov 11, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Because He first loved us;
'thank you for loving me...thank you for saving me'
I didn't ask why, I asked if you do. Can you tell me what Jesus said we should do if we love Him?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#401554 Nov 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask why, I asked if you do. Can you tell me what Jesus said we should do if we love Him?
Matthew 5
Love Your Enemies
43 “You have heard that it was said,‘You shall love your neighbor[g] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,[h] 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your brethren[i] only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors[j] do so? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#401555 Nov 11, 2012
Bible verse of the Day

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

1 John 4:12 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

Text Size: Zoom In
The Supreme Climb
Nov112012November 11, 2012
He said,’Take now your son ...’—Genesis 22:2

God’s command is,“Take now,” not later. It is incredible how we debate! We know something is right, but we try to find excuses for not doing it immediately. If we are to climb to the height God reveals, it can never be done later— it must be done now. And the sacrifice must be worked through our will before we actually perform it.

“So Abraham rose early in the morning ... and went to the place of which God had told him”(Genesis 22:3). Oh, the wonderful simplicity of Abraham! When God spoke, he did not “confer with flesh and blood”(Galatians 1:16). Beware when you want to “confer with flesh and blood” or even your own thoughts, insights, or understandings— anything that is not based on your personal relationship with God. These are all things that compete with and hinder obedience to God.

Abraham did not choose what the sacrifice would be. Always guard against self-chosen service for God. Self-sacrifice may be a disease that impairs your service. If God has made your cup sweet, drink it with grace; or even if He has made it bitter, drink it in communion with Him. If the providential will of God means a hard and difficult time for you, go through it. But never decide the place of your own martyrdom, as if to say,“I will only go to there, but no farther.” God chose the test for Abraham, and Abraham neither delayed nor protested, but steadily obeyed. If you are not living in touch with God, it is easy to blame Him or pass judgment on Him. You must go through the trial before you have any right to pronounce a verdict, because by going through the trial you learn to know God better. God is working in us to reach His highest goals until His purpose and our purpose become one.

Bible in One Year: Jeremiah 50; Hebrews 8

Wisdom from Oswald Chambers
Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One Who is leading. My Utmost for His Highest

Location hidden

#401556 Nov 11, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Robert.
Some apologists attempt to wave this problem away by claiming that "Jesus"would not have been a noteworthy figure, this apologetic tactic contradicts what the Gospels say about Jesus. One cannot hold, at the same time, that the Gospels are true eyewitness accounts of actual events.
The account of Jesus found in the first gospel, The Gospel of 'Mark', presents us with a Jesus who garnered quite a bit of attention. Consider for example, Mark 2:1-12, where the crowd coming to see Jesus is SO GREAT!, that a paralytic has to be lowered through the roof of a building Jesus is in, in order for Jesus to see him.
.....Elsewhere Mark tells us that the crowds that Jesus drew were SO OVERFLOWING that he has to lecture from a boat on the Sea of Galilee.
.... When Jesus travels from Bethany to Jerusalem, throngs of people line the roads to welcome him. Mark also tells us of how Jesus performed miracles before thousands: on two different occasions Jesus feeds thousands through miracles ( Mark 8:1).
.....In short,'Mark' gives us a 'Jesus' who is bigger than the Beatles, and I believe the Beatles analogy is a good one. We even have a nice parallel between the story of Jesus' lecture from a ship at Galilee, and the Beatles famous 'rooftop' audition, where they were forced to play an impromptu concert on a rooftop, lest the crowds that would rush to see them cause a riot. In both cases, the crowds had reached, hysterical, historically noteworthy, proportions.
....... No one from this era wrote a single word about the Jesus Hysteria!. Nothing! In the mass of Jewish and Pagan literature that we have, aside from two forged brief passages in the works of a Jewish author (Josephus), who was born ONLY after Jesus supposedly died, and two disputed passages in the works of Roman writers, there is to be found no mention of Jesus Christ."
Something is wrong!........and the Beatles live on!
good friend

You are writing that Jesus was recorded by the gospel writers, and a few outsiders. That make him historical.

You compare Jesus to the Beatles, and note crowds were hysteriical....Sorry. You are wrong. There is no mention of hysterical crowds among Jesus....There are crowds. No hysterical crowds.

Your angst is that you are reading and thinking about anti-Christian teachings. That is what is wrong!
marge

Ames, IA

#401557 Nov 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Anthony haven't seen you for a while, haven't seen Regina either since the hurricane Sandy, hope all is well with you both:)

Of course we should obey Him, a few verses;

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome.

And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

Location hidden

#401558 Nov 11, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
Robert:
You tell us straight faced, that writers who were mainly interested in drama, or reporting war stories, wouldn't have bothered to write down anything about a tremendous crowd-drawing and pleasing, super natural! miracle-working, godman bringing dead people back to life, feeding thousands with one small piece of fish and bread, striding the earth, doing good deeds for everyone he met?
A very short time later, people are calling for his death, and not ONE of the thousands that would fill a football stadium today showed up to support him in his most dire moments?
makes no common sense.......something is wrong Robert!
Who says this must make common sense?

o)
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#401559 Nov 11, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
1... "The Lord Jesus, before ascending into heaven, commanded his disciples to proclaim the Gospel to the whole world and to baptize all nations."
2... Jesus appoints the Catholic Church as sole heir to His disciples to fulfill His Divine Mission.
No way, no how.
God does not eff up so much to allow the legacy His only begotten Son to be so mishandled over the next 2000 years later, so that not only are all nations not baptized, but less than 10% of humanity follows according to the wishes of this so-called heir.
The RCC was not appointed, nor is it uniquely guided by any god.
We know this by its deeds -- along with 2000 results.
After 2000 years, even the most traditional Catholic societies have begun to reject the RCC outright. Spain and France have opted to allow gay marriage. Ireland briefly cut off diplomatic relations withe the Vatican. The RCC was rejected in the latest U.S. election.
God is not as inept and foolish as some Catholics make God out to be.
yeah I am not supporting the RCC only helping expose it.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#401560 Nov 11, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
As I recall, polls indicate that Hispanic Catholics went for Obama 52% to 48%, about the same as non-Hispanic Catholics.
I suppose the Vatican's old dream of destroying the USA from within isn't working out as planned.
Read what I responded to. That is what I was getting at they did not support the RCC agenda and voted for Obama. DUH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 8 min Mandela 37,346
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Stilgar Fifrawi 753,586
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 min Johnny 3,804
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min lil whispers 602,781
Arizona is wrong (Apr '10) 24 min whatsbuggingyou 1,302
I need r woman in Cape Town between age 21- 25 ... 44 min Thandoh 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 53 min Rider on the Storm 174,539
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 262,076

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE