Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688822 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#401782 Nov 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Jesus loved us first, no argument there. Do you love Him back? How do you show this love for Him?
First thing you must receive the free gift of Salvation.

Then you are Saved.

Then you can love Him back by doing the good things he planned for us long ago.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#401783 Nov 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. So loving Jesus and having faith in Him go hand in hand. Do you think that keeping His commandments requires you to do something?
Yes, but you do these out of love not requirement, and only after your SAVED... Not to be Saved.

Being Saved is a Gift from God.
Clay

Denver, CO

#401784 Nov 12, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="hojo"
Yes, the Catholic Church (historically) proven to have given you Protestants the bible, however, the Church "clearly" wants you to believe what it says, alright, but NOT to mis-interpet, misquote and mis-direct others as to what it "ACTUALLY MEANS, what is has ALWAYS (PURPOSELY) INTENDED TO MEAN and what it TRULY SAYS AND MEANS..... That is (precisely) why,(since the reformation) there are now over 42,000 different bible only Protestant (inconsistent)interpretations of the bible in which EACH ONE contradicts and conflicts with each other!!!
Bet'cha couldn't give me even 100 different opinions among Protestant Churches. The Bible says what it means, and means what it says. Whatever differences we have are not the Big Picture. We can worship together.
My father was Presbyterian. My mother was a Frewill Baptist. The only church in our town was Methodist. Later a Pentecostal one came along.
I can worship in/with any of them. If we would respond to Isaiah's invitation (from God) to 'come now, and let us reason together', we could soon lay all of our little differences aside.
KayMarie
Did it ever occur to you that the Apostles may have explained all those verses already?
Well Kay, they did. We can look to other writings from the students of the Apostles to see how the first century church understood things. The horror you guys would face is that those writings will sound really Catholic. But the fact is, they were written by men who sat at the dinner table with Peter, John and Paul and walked along side them.

If I was in your shoes and I taught differently than the Apostolic fathers, I would run to the hills and hide. Its not good Kay. Not good...
Clay

Denver, CO

#401785 Nov 12, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts are well connected. I'm sorry you are not understanding them. What parts do you need more clarity?
Most of my posts speak of the things that show evidence that the RCC is not any true church for salvation. I've written a lot in this forum, so it won't be hard finding any of mine. You may want to start around post 11K.
An individual and its Self is.
I've shown many a time that those questions I've asked drills to the heart of any salvation, and people still want to hide behind other men and their pulpits.
I do want to thank "Clay for making an attempt to answer them, but "Clay" decided to answer vaguely and not anywhere to the point. He enjoyed diverting from answering the questions directly....
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
...because they hit the heart of honesty in one's belief. Are they really true to their belief or would rather sit in the pews and enjoy what other people tell them who they are.
By all means, its the latter that seems to have the stronghold at the moment. People refusing to take responsibility for their Self.
Cheers.
What? I not only answered them...I made you look stupid, and I don't celebrate doing that. You are in my prayers.

United States

#401786 Nov 12, 2012
Wow! they are all up in arms over Two Consenting Adults and want to stop those who are NOT even Catholic from exercising their rights to be left alone ... and yet, they can't get together and stop their priests from raping children.

I suppose it would be redundant to ask what the h*ll is wrong with the Catholic Hierarchy?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-11-10...
preston

Athens, OH

#401787 Nov 12, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Preston. This will be my last post to you as I am joining 4GVN to ignore your mouth. Yes, I love you because Jesus loves you. Good-bye.
and herein lies the crux of the whole matter, you cone on here and insult me and then when I fire back at you. you wish to blame me.lol

I never said ONE word to you to make you come at me like you did, did I?

and I would love for you and him to leave this forum forever, it would cetainly be a much cleaner forum without the filthy mouths that you two have brought to this forum.
preston

Athens, OH

#401788 Nov 12, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
The weirdest thing.
We didn't feel the earthquake,but across the road at my father in laws house,the windows shook.
Thanks for the concern.
I had comapny all weekend.
My brother and his wife came in from Ohio.
glad that you are ok, my wife and daugher, husband and children are in TN this weekend. visiting your relative(dolly).lol

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#401789 Nov 12, 2012
guest wrote:
Wow! they are all up in arms over Two Consenting Adults and want to stop those who are NOT even Catholic from exercising their rights to be left alone ... and yet, they can't get together and stop their priests from raping children.
I suppose it would be redundant to ask what the h*ll is wrong with the Catholic Hierarchy?
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-11-10...
They are just a step or two away from being like the radical mussies.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#401790 Nov 12, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>and herein lies the crux of the whole matter, you cone on here and insult me and then when I fire back at you. you wish to blame me.lol
I never said ONE word to you to make you come at me like you did, did I?
and I would love for you and him to leave this forum forever, it would cetainly be a much cleaner forum without the filthy mouths that you two have brought to this forum.
Now Preston you are not being very nice. Do you preach in the same manner? What denomination are you associated with? Thank you Preston. I still love you because Jesus told me to!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#401791 Nov 12, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back, if we love Jesus it's because He loved us first and gave His perfect life to pay for the price of our sins.
Then we recieve His life giving Spirit because we believe the above.
This is a Gift.
Then with His commands written on our hearts and His Spirit inside us we can obey Him.
Romans 5:6-10, 6 "For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#401792 Nov 12, 2012
who="Clay"
The problem is that you have no argument. That's why you wanna cease talking wit Preston.
Heck, if we Catholics were cowards and didn't like how someone was treating us on here, we wouldn't walk away. Most of you talk te us like Preston talks to you.

Clay...I cannot speak for others, but I do not speak to people scornfully. I have ONE purpose: to attempt to present the truth. I don't care what the name of your church is. I only want to know that people KNOW THE TRUTH. Everyone thinks that THEY have the truth, so they shut their ears. How will they ever know???

KayMarie

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#401793 Nov 12, 2012
who="Clay"
The problem is that you have no argument. That's why you wanna cease talking wit Preston.
Heck, if we Catholics were cowards and didn't like how someone was treating us on here, we wouldn't walk away. Most of you talk te us like Preston talks to you.
Clay...I cannot speak for others, but I do not speak to people scornfully. I have ONE purpose: to attempt to present the truth. I don't care what the name of your church is. I only want to know that people KNOW THE TRUTH. Everyone thinks that THEY have the truth, so they shut their ears. How will they ever know???
KayMarie
what is the truth?
preston

Athens, OH

#401794 Nov 12, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Preston you are not being very nice. Do you preach in the same manner? What denomination are you associated with? Thank you Preston. I still love you because Jesus told me to!
you are not only a filthy mouth person but a liar which makes you a filthy liar.lol

This will be my last post to you as

lol

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#401795 Nov 12, 2012
who="LTM"
....Unreal you gotta read this
36 have been accused of spousal abuse
7 have been arrested for fraud
19 have been accused of writing bad checks
117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
3 have done time for assault
71 repeat 71
cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
8 have been arrested for shoplifting
21 currently are defendants in lawsuits,
and
84 have been arrested for drunk driving
in the last year
Can
you guess which organization this is?
NBA Or NFL
?
Give up yet?
Scroll down,
Neither,
it's the MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF COMMONS IN OTTAWA
The same group of Idiots that crank out
hundreds of new laws each year
designed to keep the rest of us in line.
You gotta pass this one on!

I thought they said that that was Congress?

KM
preston

Athens, OH

#401796 Nov 12, 2012
who="Clay"
KayMarie
WHY DONT YOU GET YOUR OWN PROFILE THAN WE WILL KNOW IF MR FRAUD IS REALLY MRS FRAUD OR DO YOU WEAR THE PANTS IN YOUR FAMILY, WHICH I GUESS IF YOU DO, THEN HE MIGHT NOT MIND WHEN YOU ROLL AROUND ON THE FLOOR,

when you get slain in the spirit.lol
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#401797 Nov 12, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you are not only a filthy mouth person but a liar which makes you a filthy liar.lol
This will be my last post to you as
lol
Shame on you Preston. Oh well, best of luck.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#401798 Nov 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Jesus loved us first, no argument there. Do you love Him back? How do you show this love for Him?
Really?!?! I didn't put forbidden food and a snake in my kid's playpen! I wouldn't put it in their houses now!

I guess I just don't love my kids enough.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#401799 Nov 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If we love Jesus we will obey His teaching. Jesus teaches us many things in the New Testament. Our disagreements are about what those things are. What makes your understanding of what those things are better than the Catholic Church or even other protestants?
If a child acts up and misbehaves he usually suffers the consequenses of being disciplined. Does that make the child love their parent less or make the bond stronger over time ? In many cases this is the way it is with the Yahweh. We are sinners by nature however when we do wrong God's word and commamndments bring us into remeberance of what we should be repentive of and ask forgiveness. Our consious should make one love God more.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#401800 Nov 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think St. Paul and Silas had a different idea about what it means to have faith than you do.
Well, that is called an opinion, and everybody has one. But you didn't answer the question. Did Paul and Silas tell him what he must do to be saved? Yes or no?
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#401801 Nov 12, 2012
who="4GVN" Preston has done more to bring an unchristian spirit to this thread than ANYONE who professes Christ. It should be stopped and could be in a flash if we would all just refuse to post to him. I will be glad to lead. What will you do?
I'm with you...
KayMarie
Good for you. This needs to stop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Bongo 37,147
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 21 min Tony 6,550
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min Aerobatty 988,546
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 4,333
We do NOT need any walls! 6 hr Paul is dead 34
Harden and James....'the Beard Brothers' 6 hr Doctor REALITY 2
TRUMP OBAMA BUSH - Next Stage in a Big Con Game 7 hr Paul is dead 8
More from around the web