Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701485 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

MICHAEL

Canada

#400541 Nov 6, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Last I heard he was still in PURGATORY. Could be there for thousands of years. No one really knows how long he might be there. Sure hope all you catholics aren't shirking your responsible to pray him out!
Leave a group of people a lot of money and to pray for your soul when you die, and next thing you know your out on early release.

How many prayers are enough? Are some prayers better than others? Does quantity count? More prayers does that increase your odds, and shorten your term?

Its all baloney....

stuarty

Bridlington, UK

#400542 Nov 6, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Not AA, Al-Anon.
It's notthe same thing.
People who live with or deal with active alcoholics and/or drug addicts develop their own set of confused emotions and thinking patterns, because we are accustomed to dealing with (mostly) rational people, and active alcoholics/drug addicts are NOT rational.
An example (which would not necessarily apply to your case):
The wife of an alcoholic learns to make excuses for him, so he won't lose his job, or the respect of his children. She may call his boss to tell the boss that hubby has the "flu." She may tell the children that daddy really "does" love them.(The children are learning their own sets of crazy thoughts and behaviors. They don't dare play sports, for fear daddy will sho up drunk.) She may try the maladaptive procedure of pouring all the alcohol down the sink. She may lie to neighbors, family, or the police about how she ended up with the black eye.
Etc.
All of thses actions are a form of insanity.
Let him call his own boss. If daddy really "does" love the kids, let him SHOW them himself.(Help the kids get involved in fun activities, and remember that if daddy shows up causing a scene, it has nothing to do with anything they have done, or not done.) Quit wasting money by pouring it down the drain, as he is just going to spend money to buy more. Pouring it out won't stop him. Quit protecting him from the consequences of his actions. If he goes to jail, so be it.
I don't know if you have fallen off the edge on the craziness or not. You posted that you had read up on meth addiction, and that perhaps now you understand a little better.(I don't know your *exact words,* and I'm not going to go look them up. If I got them a bit wrong, please forgive me, and let's move along.)
Understanding is irrelevant here. The fact she is a meth addict excuses NOTHING. She stole from you. Let the police and the DA go after her with both barrels. Don't try to "understand."
There is nothing sane there TO understand. If she's a meth addict, you cannot trust ANYTHING she says, about ANYTHING that happened.
.So... what to do?
Live sane.
Don't let anything about meth usage deter you from treating this woman just like the criminal she is.
.The courts have fallen for this insanity as well, sentencing alcoholics and drug addicts to meetings, or rehab, instead of making them face the consequences of their actions. Be ready. This may happen in your case, too.
Al-Anon (NOT AA) helps in helping people touched by addiction/alcoholism from being sucked into the nsanity.
Some old jokes:
Q. How many active alcoholics does it take to change a light bulb?
A. Just one. He holds on, and lets the entire world revolve around him.
Q. How many sober AA members doe it take to change a light bulb?
A. Impossible to say, until the light bulb is honest, open, and willing to change.
.Q. How many Al-Anon members does it take to change a light bulb?
A. None.
They just detatch, and let it screw itself.
You can find more info at www.al-anon.alateen.org
Rob
r u a priest , straight question.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#400543 Nov 6, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO says.........The TRUTH needs to be repeated over and over and over again.
MICHAEL says......The TRUTH only needs to be told once. People understand the TRUTH the first time.
!(lol)
For you Michael--you prove over and over again that you will "buy into" ANYTHING that supports your personal "anti-catholic "twist and spin" of the (what you call)--truth AGAINST THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
You have become so addicted with your anti-catholic psychologically (dependent) "distorted exaggerated (so called)truth" from the "National Inquire --"kind of news" that will "accept as truth ANYTHING you read from these (emancipated)BOGUS liberal sources.
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#400544 Nov 6, 2012
stuarty wrote:
<quoted text>r u a priest , straight question.
Yes.
Straight answer (To the first straight question I have seen you direct to me.)
I have read a number of your post. You're pretty set-in-concrete about what you think of the CC, so I am not entirely clear why you want to communicate with a priest. But by all means, fire away.
If you have doubts as to if I am who I say I am, it is pretty easy to verify.
.Just go to the website of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Tulsa, Oklahoma, and look for my name.
When you find my email addy, shoot me a message at that address.
I'll get it, and reply here, or provately, as you prefer.
Rob
stuarty

Bridlington, UK

#400545 Nov 6, 2012
a catholic man was knocked down in lisburn co down, the priest gave him the last rites near death. he survived and got a sizable claim as he was handicapped for the rest of his life, well the priest reckoned the church should get a fair whack of this money, so they harassed this handicapped man until he was bled dry. well when the money was gone they wanted nothing more to do with this man. the whole family left the church in disgust and tell this story today. hardly the work of god
MICHAEL

Canada

#400546 Nov 6, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
"says the Vatican"...now there's an unbiased view. One true religion for the entire cosmos, right? I think not!
Isn't that the intention of every religion, to bring everyone over to their side? To win all the marbles.

As catholicism explodes in poor continents such as Africa/Asia, catholicism has just about run its course in the western world.

Everything in our world has a shelf life. The catholic church no exception. Every man/god, every belief from the distant past is gone.
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#400547 Nov 6, 2012
stuarty wrote:
<quoted text>r u a priest , straight question.
Y'know, I thought I'd better double-check it.
I was wrong. My email address is NOT there.
If you look at the webmater's address (rod treat), you can see the convention we use.
So type my titlr: Rev
Followed by a dot
Followed by my first name
followed by a dot
followed by my last name.
@ dioceseoftulsa.org .
I'll get it.
(The above nonsense was to avoid a bot harvesting my email address.)
Rob
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#400548 Nov 6, 2012
Jeremiah 27

Outline of Jeremiah 27
The neighbouring nations to be subdued.(Verse 1-11.)

Zedekiah is warned to yield.(Verse 12-18.)

The vessels of the temple to be carried to Babylon, but afterwards to be restored.(Verse 19-22.)

Commentary

Read Jeremiah 27:1-11

Verse 1-11 - Jeremiah is to prepare a sign that all the neighbouring countries would be made subject to the king of Babylon. God asserts his right to dispose of kingdoms as he pleases. Whatever any have of the good things of this world, it is what God sees fit to give; we should therefore be content. The things of this world are not the best things, for the Lord often gives the largest share to bad men. Dominion is not founded in grace. Those who will not serve the God who made them, shall justly be made to serve their enemies that seek to ruin them. Jeremiah urges them to prevent their destruction, by submission. A meek spirit, by quiet submission to the hardest turns of providence, makes the best of what is bad. Many persons may escape destroying providences, by submitting to humbling providences. It is better to take up a light cross in our way, than to pull a heavier on our own heads. The poor in spirit, the meek and humble, enjoy comfort, and avoid many miseries to which the high-spirited are exposed. It must, in all cases, be our interest to obey God's will.

Return to Outline

Read Jeremiah 27:12-18

Verse 12-18 - Jeremiah persuades the king of Judah to surrender to the king of Babylon. Is it their wisdom to submit to the heavy iron yoke of a cruel tyrant, that they may secure their lives; and is it not much more our wisdom to submit to the pleasant and easy yoke of our Lord and Master, Jesus Christ, that we may secure our souls? It were well if sinners would be afraid of the destruction threatened against all who will not have Christ to reign over them. Why should they die the second death, infinitely worse than that by sword and famine, when they may submit and live? And those who encourage sinners to go on in sinful ways, will perish with them.

Return to Outline

Read Jeremiah 27:19-22

Verse 19-22 - Jeremiah assures them that the brazen vessels should go after the golden ones. All shall be carried to Babylon. But he concludes with a gracious promise, that the time would come when they should be brought back. Though the return of the prosperity of the church does not come in our time, we must not despair, for it will come in God's time.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#400549 Nov 6, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>more to it than that,people can see me,hear me,talk to me,i can also do the same with them.they can learn the truth about me by asking questions,you can't when it comes to religion,you can only go by hearsay,which is unreliable,that is why it is inadmisable in a court of law.if you tried to prove god existed by going to the highest court in the nation,your case wouldn't even be considered to be heard, because you have nothing factual to prove your point,it's all hearsay.
jethro,you posted that long response to Clay about abortion and so on. There can be a thousand reasons why women choose to abort their babies,ALL may seem legitimate,but there is a problem with that claim.The women who find themselves pregnant,IF and when they decide to go to bed with a man,even their husband if the case may be,they should clearly know that to have a baby at a given time would be distressful to her.

If she clearly knows she does not want to have a baby,than before she goes to bed with an individual,she better have a PLAN to prevent getting pregnant,for to destroy the baby once formed would be far worse than to prevent the pregnancy altogether.Young women are well informed in schools and so on.But they throw all caution to the wind when lured to bed by some stud,or her boy friend. The amount of abortions in this age of technology,Knowledge, and prevention,is ridiculous,and careless on the part of all who find themselves in this mess.

Another point here jethro,if one would be honest and see the stats of aborted babies in just this country alone,they need to realize that a whole generation is being wiped out.Future tax payers,future professionals,future blue collar workers,future politicians.The problems with our economy and the delemma over SSecurity,and Medicare,and basically the aged themselves,stems on the fact that few are being left to carry the burden of a future generation to care for those who reach their 60s-on to 90s----------

There is not one woman I have come in contact, who has had an abortion,that feels they made the right decision,all regret it.There are always those callous individuals who care only for their p l e a s u r e,but usually most women who carry through to abort their babies,have depression and side effects which last for years.

The other strong physiological argument of a woman's right to do with her body whatever is lame also.That baby conceived in her womb,has their own blood type,and genes from the father as well,that baby is a separate human being,not part of the woman's body,so in effect, that baby is being killed because the woman feels she can do with her body what she pleases,actually her reasoning is wrong,and she by abortion is killing that baby,and our country and the rabid politicians who promote this are killing those babies as well by their policies.It may be the law of the land,but it is murder,no matter how you dice it.

YET on the other hand a woman who is pregnant and is killed along with her baby, raises a legal issue,as to how she was killed and by whom,that paerson who kills her is going to be tried for both the woman and the baby as well.WHY is that baby an issue,if by law women can abort their babies.The only wanted babies have a right to live? Those aborted babies who are human beings have no right to live,because a mother decides she does not want it?

A barbaric reasoning if you ask me!
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#400550 Nov 6, 2012
Bible Quotes for November 25

God Jesus says Eat Children

"And the LORD JESUS fulfilled the warning he had uttered against us: against our judges, who governed Israel, against our kings and princes, and against the men of Israel and Judah. He brought down upon us evils so great that there has not been done anywhere under heaven what has been done in Jerusalem, as was written in the law of Moses: that one after another of us should eat the flesh of his son or of his daughter. He has made us subject to all the kingdoms round about us, a reproach and a horror among all the nations round about to which the LORD has scattered us." (Baruch 2:1-4 NAB)
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#400551 Nov 6, 2012
The Romance

November 6, 2012— byCindy Hess Kasper

Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les Lamborn

Read: Ruth 3:1-11

“There is a [grandson] born to Naomi.” And they called his name Obed. He is the father of Jesse, the father of David.—Ruth 4:17

Bible in a Year:
John 14-17

Widows in biblical times often faced a life of poverty. That’s the situation Ruth and her mother-in-law, Naomi, were in after each woman lost her husband. But God had a plan to provide security for them while involving Ruth as an integral part of a much bigger plan.

Boaz, a wealthy landowner, knew of and admired Ruth (Ruth 2:5-12), but he was surprised when he awoke one night to see her lying at his feet (3:8). She asked him to “spread the corner” of his garment over her to indicate that as a close relative he was willing to be her “kinsman-redeemer”(v.9 NIV). This was more than a request for protection; she was requesting marriage. Boaz agreed to marry her (vv.11-13; 4:13).

Not exactly your typical romantic tale. But Ruth’s choice to follow Naomi’s instructions (3:3-6) set up a series of events that placed her in God’s plan of redemption! From Ruth’s marriage to Boaz came a son (Obed), the eventual grandfather of King David (4:17). Generations later, Joseph was born to the family, and he became the “legal father” of Mary’s child (Matt. 1:16-17; Luke 2:4-5)—our Kinsman-Redeemer, Jesus.

Ruth trusted God and followed Naomi’s instructions even though the ending was uncertain. We too can count on God to provide for us when life is unsure.
Lord, give us humility and sensitivity to listento advice from loved ones who know You well.Show us the right thing to do in our uncertaintimes and to trust You for the results. Amen.
Fear hinders faith, but trust kindles confidence.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#400552 Nov 6, 2012
More Bible Quotes for November

"The angel of the Lord (Jesus) went forth and struck down one hundred and eighty-five thousand in the Assyrian camp. Early the next morning they were there, all the corpses of the dead." (Isaiah 37:36 NAB)

How absurd.

How can Jesus and the Father be one and the same?
stuarty

Bridlington, UK

#400553 Nov 6, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'know, I thought I'd better double-check it.
I was wrong. My email address is NOT there.
If you look at the webmater's address (rod treat), you can see the convention we use.
So type my titlr: Rev
Followed by a dot
Followed by my first name
followed by a dot
followed by my last name.
@ dioceseoftulsa.org .
I'll get it.
(The above nonsense was to avoid a bot harvesting my email address.)
Rob
ok good, so how do you feel about the little children being raped you never defended your church against any of my posts before.. when god suffer ye the little children did this mean for your churches followers to rape, abuse, silence them. please answer cause the leaders of your church arnt
Pad

Fishers, IN

#400554 Nov 6, 2012
I heard this joke recently,a bit far fetched but funny anyway!

Three men went to heaven(a baptist,a Catholic, and a charismatic-Pentecostal).

The three went before Peter,and he told them their rooms were not ready yet,so he asked Satan to give them rooms in the neutral zone of hell.The devil reluctant said okay.

Later however the devil complained to Peter to please come and get these three men because:the baptist was saving everybody,the Catholic was forgiving everyone,and the charismatic was raising funds to install air conditioning in hell!
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#400555 Nov 6, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I really dont know where he is coming from by suggesting that cathie and I should attend AA since neither of us drink, and what we had trouble with, was a habitual and lying thief who soon will be out of our life for good, either jail or moving out entirely
Al-Anon Is a place for people who live with alcoholic's, to help them understand them and cope. It is a good program, I learned a great deal there.
I learned I am not the problem or the reason for the drinking, I learned it is the drinkers problem. It helped me a lot
stuarty

Bridlington, UK

#400556 Nov 6, 2012
stuarty wrote:
a catholic man was knocked down in lisburn co down, the priest gave him the last rites near death. he survived and got a sizable claim as he was handicapped for the rest of his life, well the priest reckoned the church should get a fair whack of this money, so they harassed this handicapped man until he was bled dry. well when the money was gone they wanted nothing more to do with this man. the whole family left the church in disgust and tell this story today. hardly the work of god
what about this is this normal after your last rites should you be dead r does the church have a hold over you
Pad

Fishers, IN

#400557 Nov 6, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
Hey, Clay,
Did you ever get around to clicking on the links of the mass parts I posted a few days back?
I was wondering what you would think of them.
Rob
Your post to preston on that issue concerning alcoholism being a disease,the realities of dealing with it,and Al-anon,are very good to say the least.It is far better to take a scientific approach to the troubles linked with alcoholism,to realize its effect on the person affected.I worked in an alcoholism unit for two years,much was invested in the therapies and approaches to ending the vicious cycle,it is a disease,because physiologically alcohol causes that malady in the human body.

Good advice father dye(Rob).Take care!
Pad

Fishers, IN

#400558 Nov 6, 2012
stuarty wrote:
clay.. these nuns you think are nice people would these be the same breed of nuns that forced unmarried girl who were up the duff into homes, forcefully took the babies and threw them down wells[crying well] who whipped ,beat and shaved the heads of young girls who they reckoned were bad eggs and ungodly... very godly people sound more like whores of hell these nuns
What novel did you get this out of? Maybe centuries ago desparate nuns might have done such,but I doubt modern day sisters of social againcies and Catholic social services would ever do such things to down-trodden girls.

You must be reading a fictional novel written about some back woods priory of cloistered nuns who do not know what to do witha bunch of city prostitutes who end up on their door step.

Stuarty where are you from in the UK?Are you from Wales?
Pad

Fishers, IN

#400559 Nov 6, 2012
stuarty wrote:
how can a man sit behind a screen and forgive sins when he is a sinner also, prob a bigger sinner than the person who is asking for forgiveness, this man can forgive crimes even murder, no wonder there is so much crime when its so easy to be forgiven lol... and after he finishes forgiven everyone, he gets a choir boy to go down on him ,in the name of god of course. so so sick people who follow and support such actions and fund it to make it happen.
I wonder why you are complaining that no one answers you?

If the majority of ministers or priests did as you say after hearing a person's confession of sin,there would be no church left for the penitent to even go to,to confress at all.

Such deviant acts as you suggest are probably not even 1% of the total number pf priests even in the UK as an example.In all the years I have been a believer,once being a RC,and now an Evangelical(64 now),I n e v e r ran into a priest or a minister who tried to lure me into bed,or tried to have sex with me, while seeking their help in spiritual matters.

Nevertheless,I did experience things in a n orphanage as a little one.But after being with a family,and raised in the Catholic Church,going to confession a zillion times,and being in the company of priests at the local parish rectory,NEVER did any of them try to lure me into deviant sexual behavior.

Now as an Evangelical,I heard about some guy molesting children,but I NEVER met an individual who being an evangelical minister,tried to molest anyone I knew,or my own children.One strong point in most evangelical churches,children are placed in the care of women and young girls in the church,who watch over them.It is almost impossible for a minister to have sexual access to children being watched by the women and girls of the church.

These broad accusations of Christians preying on each other in church settings is usually false to the core,and if in fact there is a church that has more than one abuse,the whole group is faulty or deviate to say the least.When we hear of abuses,it is usually a group that isolates themselves to begin with from the NORMAL church people.
preston

Athens, OH

#400560 Nov 6, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>so what are you saying? the laws have changed? because of the n.t.? by who's authority?
Jesus(note that name) said that He cameto FULFILL teh Law, not destroy it.

He did just exactly that when He died on tthe Cross,

that Placed those who beleive in Him under Grace.

Not my fault that people like Orville are still under the Law,and YOU,

GET SAVED AND YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE LAW, IT THEN WILL B E WRITTEN IN YOUR HEART.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Richard The Lion... 79,737
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 29 min Hatti_Hollerand 2,536
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 448,389
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 3 hr Johnny 718
Will Meghan Markle Bring Down the Royals? 3 hr Johnny 4
Bill Cosby guilty on all 3 charges. 3 hr Johnny 43
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 3 hr BILLION HEIR 39
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,752