Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673337 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#400498 Nov 5, 2012
Orville wrote:
Please consider Prepping for Obamacare, Chain Cuts Workers’ Hours.
""... That allows Darden to pay more workers a far lower “tip credit wage” of $2.13, rather than the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour....""
The owner of Olive Garden and Red Lobster restaurants is putting more workers on part-time status in a test aimed at limiting the impact of looming health coverage requirements.
Darden Restaurants declined to give details but said the test is only in restaurants in four markets across the country. The test entails increasing the number of workers on part-time status, meaning they work less than 30 hours a week. Under the new health care act, companies will be required to provide health care to full-time employees by 2014. That would significantly boost labor costs for businesses.
About 75 percent of Darden’s employees are currently part-timers.
Given the challenging job market, Darden has been able to offer lower pay rates to new hires. Bonuses for general managers have been reduced as sales have stagnated. Servers at Red Lobster are handling four tables at a time, instead of three.
And last year, the company also put workers on a “tip sharing” program, meaning waiters and waitresses share their tips with other employees such as busboys and bartenders. That allows Darden to pay more workers a far lower “tip credit wage” of $2.13, rather than the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour.
Darden isn’t the only restaurant chain looking at managing labor costs.
This summer, McDonald’s Chief Financial Officer Peter Bensen noted in a conference call with investors that the fast food company was looking at the many factors that will impact health care costs, including the number of full-time employees.
Would not suprise me one bit for it to become mandaory for the common labor force to be cut to 30 hours a week so they are forced to hire on more workers putting more people top work howver also adding the burden of paying ones bills in a rising cost of the economy and inflation. families may have to double up under one roof inorder to pay the bills and some do this already.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#400499 Nov 5, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
Oh, don't YOU start.
If I have to read ONE more time about how he pasted something from his church magazine, and how YOUR brilliant detective work saved us all from (gasp!) "plagiarism ..." (blahblah-blah. Let it GO already.
Or insisting on making up derogotory names for people you disagree with.
Can't you at least do people the courtesy of addressing people by their names? It's merely polite, you know.
Of course you know.
And yet you persist in referring to "the sda cultist" and "4bdn."
So shall we all degenerate in childishness further, and start calling you "Pissed-on?"
Really, preston, you are smarter than that, aren't you?
Being courteous to aomeone you disagree with, without making it into a personal attack is a sign of maturity.
Can we not disagree without being disagreeable? We are supposedly claiming to be followers of the Christ, are we not?
And before anyone feels compelled to point it out, I don't always live it perfectly, either. But I'm trying.
Rob
Good word, Rob.
KayMarie

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#400500 Nov 5, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
""....Do you call it reasonable to kill your slave"...?
Did God state it as reasonable?
Personally, I'll take the rod over the long arduous decay of what we are encountering.
We are State-Corporate sponsored slaves. Cleverly disguised as "free".
Go live somewhere else if you don't like it here.

Bottom line; you god said that it was alright to own slaves and alright to murder them.

If you were a reasonable person, you might reason that your god is wrong.

#400501 Nov 5, 2012
who=" MICHAEL "
Religious people are good only because they believe God will destroy them if they are not.
Non religious people are good, just because we are good people.

Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

KayMarie
Orville

Portland, OR

#400502 Nov 5, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Would not suprise me one bit for it to become mandaory for the common labor force to be cut to 30 hours a week so they are forced to hire on more workers putting more people top work howver also adding the burden of paying ones bills in a rising cost of the economy and inflation. families may have to double up under one roof inorder to pay the bills and some do this already.

And this is just the beginning of what is taking shape.

All by design. Absolute hardship. Economic destitude. So when the very near day of the "Mark" occurs, with it's promise of a better life, better health care, the majority will lunge at it.

#400503 Nov 5, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right. They call alcoholism the "denial disease". I feel sorry for my brother but nobody has been able to get through to him.
~~~

My oldest Son works with Teen Challenge ....My wife and taught Bible

at Peniel Ministries Rehab (now located) in Johnstown Pa.

It was a real joy, to see them delivered from their addictions...

by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Deliverance was received.

Hearts were changed.

lives were enhanced.

homes were restored.

by the hand of God...

It is still going on as I write...

Men and Women (some former prostitutes)

set free, from addiction

born again,

made pure and holy by

the blood of Jesus...

became son's of God and

New Creatures in Christ Jesus

and joint heirs with Him...

Changed for the lowest positions

on earth ---to become

"the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus."

Oh what the wonderful marvelous glorious presence of

our loving savior can do...For lost and dying humanity..

____

"I Stand Amazed (How Marvelous) "

I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.

Chorus:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
Is my Savior's love for me!

He took my sins and my sorrows,
He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calvary,
And suffered and died alone.

Chorus:

When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see,
’Twill be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me.

Chorus:

#400504 Nov 5, 2012
who="TheBlackSheep"
Bottom line; you god said that it was alright to own slaves and alright to murder them.

Reason and logic can be terribly wrong when they come from a being who does not know-it-all. Try reading ALL of the Bible...and putting it in practice. You'll be surprised at all you will learn, AND you will see that God IS, and He knows everything.

"Pride goes before destruction..."

KayMarie
Orville

Portland, OR

#400505 Nov 5, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>

For me to live abroad would be cowardice. And would also be a releif to you and those who have no backbone. I'll stay. I am the thorn in your side. I like that.
preston

Athens, OH

#400506 Nov 5, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
Oh, don't YOU start.
If I have to read ONE more time about how he pasted something from his church magazine, and how YOUR brilliant detective work saved us all from (gasp!) "plagiarism ..." (blahblah-blah. Let it GO already.
Or insisting on making up derogotory names for people you disagree with.
Can't you at least do people the courtesy of addressing people by their names? It's merely polite, you know.
Of course you know.
And yet you persist in referring to "the sda cultist" and "4bdn."
So shall we all degenerate in childishness further, and start calling you "Pissed-on?"
Really, preston, you are smarter than that, aren't you?
Being courteous to aomeone you disagree with, without making it into a personal attack is a sign of maturity.
Can we not disagree without being disagreeable? We are supposedly claiming to be followers of the Christ, are we not?
And before anyone feels compelled to point it out, I don't always live it perfectly, either. But I'm trying.
Rob
Good word, Rob.
KayMarie
to be honest, I thought that they were pretty stupid. this is supposed to be a religious forum and religious posters are supposed to be honest, and if I dont support dishonest people, I am doing what I am supposed to do according to the Bible
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#400507 Nov 5, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
""....Do you call it reasonable to kill your slave"...?
Did God state it as reasonable?
Personally, I'll take the rod over the long arduous decay of what we are encountering.
We are State-Corporate sponsored slaves. Cleverly disguised as "free".
Yeppers indentured servants for life.......lol

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#400508 Nov 5, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
FOL,
The Civil war was started by using "slavery" as it's premise. It was a ruse. A lie.
Slavery was ending. Eroding quickly prior to the war. It was not profitable any longer to house and feed slaves. Add to the economic burdens, the social reaction to slavery was equally becoming an issue.
Just as "Weapons of Mass Destruction" was a ruse to invade Iraq, slavery was ruse, to take by force, the sovereignty of the people and their respective states. By the federal Government. Lincoln outspent the South. Thats how he won.
What we were taught,"lincoln was the best" was another lie. remember, history is written by the victors.
Well,that's a new one on me.
I had never heard of that before.

I alway's thought that the Civil war was over slavery.
I do know that most of East Tennessee was for the union.
Orville

Portland, OR

#400509 Nov 5, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Other ways to die:
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
Do you call it reasonable to kill your slave?

The Scripture you refered to was the warning to the hebrew people if they hurt another the penalty was going to be severe and the slave owner held accountable regaurdless of who hurt the slave.

God was demonstrating the slave owner was accountable. And Gods judgement assured.

If you don't like the way God rules, take it up with HIM. Because eventually you will.
Orville

Portland, OR

#400510 Nov 5, 2012
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>to be honest, I thought that they were pretty stupid. this is supposed to be a religious forum and religious posters are supposed to be honest, and if I don't support dishonest people, I am doing what I am supposed to do according to the Bible

We know Preston, your Gods "Knight in Shining Armor". And the "Preacher of all Preachers".
preston

Athens, OH

#400511 Nov 5, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who=" MICHAEL "
Religious people are good only because they believe God will destroy them if they are not.
Non religious people are good, just because we are good people.
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
KayMarie
we just dont see Michael doing what your husband has done, and what Orville does.

both your husband and orville have ben proven to be liars, michael hasnt. so his righteousness is more tha what two alledged christians possess.

The word of the Lord came to me: "Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who are now prophesying. Say to those who prophesy out of their own imagination:'Hear the word of the Lord! This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Woe to the foolish prophets who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing! Your prophets, O Israel, are like jackals among ruins. You have not gone up to the breaks in the wall to repair it for the house of Israel so that it will stand firm in the battle on the day of the Lord. Their visions are false and their divinations a lie. They say, "The Lord declares," when the Lord has not sent them; yet they expect their words to be fulfilled. Have you not seen false visions and uttered lying divinations when you say, "The Lord declares," though I have not spoken? " 'Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: Because of your false words and lying visions, I am against you, declares the Sovereign Lord. My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and utter lying divinations. They will not belong to the council of my people or be listed in the records of the house of Israel, nor will they enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Sovereign Lord. " 'Because they lead my people astray, saying, "Peace," when there is no peace, and because, when a flimsy wall is built, they cover it with whitewash, therefore tell those who cover it with whitewash that it is going to fall. Rain will come in torrents, and I will send hailstones hurtling down, and violent winds will burst forth. When the wall collapses, will people not ask you, "Where is the whitewash you covered it with?" (Ezek 13:1-12).

and just to let all of you know. ROB is very naive when it comes to this forum.

#400512 Nov 5, 2012
who="Full of Love"
Well,that's a new one on me.
I had never heard of that before.
I alway's thought that the Civil war was over slavery.
I do know that most of East Tennessee was for the union.

The history books have been re-written. Our history is being broken down in order to dumb us down, and make us seem criminal.

KayMarie

#400513 Nov 5, 2012
Has any one here, heard from Hermi or Serephima?

does any one have a recent update?

Last I heard He was home. We sure miss Him...

#400514 Nov 5, 2012
who="preston" ROB is very naive when it comes to this forum.

Rob is a gentleman, even when he doesn't agree. You could learn from him.

KayMarie
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#400515 Nov 5, 2012
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
Isaiah 40:8
For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it;... I am the LORD; and there is none else. I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth:...
Isaiah 45:18-19
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#400516 Nov 5, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
FOL,
The Civil war was started by using "slavery" as it's premise. It was a ruse. A lie.
Slavery was ending. Eroding quickly prior to the war. It was not profitable any longer to house and feed slaves. Add to the economic burdens, the social reaction to slavery was equally becoming an issue.
Just as "Weapons of Mass Destruction" was a ruse to invade Iraq, slavery was ruse, to take by force, the sovereignty of the people and their respective states. By the federal Government. Lincoln outspent the South. Thats how he won.
What we were taught,"lincoln was the best" was another lie. remember, history is written by the victors.
Orville, you read too many conspiricy theories. Reel it in before you lose it altogether.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#400518 Nov 5, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Honesty is not their strong suit, but stating he is, is the common speak they like to post, because it appeases their own mind.
Why not ask each one of the "self-appointed" bible only Protestant "judges" of EVERYONE ELSE'S SALVATION!(Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1, OLDJG, jethro8, etc, etc. They ALL have egotistically,hypocritically and ignorantly---decided to "relieve God" of HIS RESPONSIBILITY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
النبى ي... 3 min maher86 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min nanoanomaly 104,740
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Catcher1 981,317
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 min FireyFellow44 445,815
............"I never HAD any toys"....... 47 min Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Holy child Jehova... 46,176
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Holy child Jehova... 619,350
More from around the web