Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653905 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#400472 Nov 5, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious people are good only because they believe God will destroy them if they are not.
Non religious people are good, just because we are good people.
~~~

Mat_19:17 And he/Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Mar_10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#400473 Nov 5, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
stuarty new friend
I have been attempting to communicate, have a set of common concepts with TBS(TheBlackSheep). Since he has stated he has no faith, I cannot discuss matters of religion with him. And since he has stated he has different philosophies, I am trying to find one basic philosophy he holds....At least then I will be able to enter into a conversation. Otherwise we are just talking at each other....
Some people, and I have a brother who is one of these, don't believe they're alcoholics because they "only drink beer". Uh - you can die from over-drinking beer, too. I just pray for him, since he cannot be reasoned with.
MICHAEL

Canada

#400474 Nov 5, 2012
stuarty wrote:
if you read pope bendick xv1 news on the top right hand corner..... ny nun accused of theft after 100k is stolen. yet another one of the popes flock is lost lol how can this church keep a straight face when they stand in front of the people in the community.
What about the nuns/priests/bishops who have also had their hand in the cookie jar and never got caught.

TRUE STORY....

20 years ago a friend of mine was an usher in his catholic church. A devout catholic. After mass his job was to take the collection money in a canvas money bag to the office behind the altar and the priest was to put it into a floor safe in the same room. The priest was not to touch this money, as there was a committe that tallied up the money and deposited in the bank the next day or two.

One sunday after mass he took the proceeds of the collection to the office. The priest was already there sitting at his desk. He gave the money bag to the priest and was about to leave the room at the far end around a corner and out the door. As he exited he remembered he had not put his own envelope into the collection basket at mass. He immediately turned around and to his dismay saw the priest with the money sachel open and the priest was stuffing loose dollar bills into his desk drawer.

He never went back to church again, and him and his wife had huge fights over this incident.

Another one bites the dust....

Orville

Portland, OR

#400475 Nov 5, 2012
Please consider Prepping for Obamacare, Chain Cuts Workers’ Hours.

""... That allows Darden to pay more workers a far lower “tip credit wage” of $2.13, rather than the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour....""

The owner of Olive Garden and Red Lobster restaurants is putting more workers on part-time status in a test aimed at limiting the impact of looming health coverage requirements.

Darden Restaurants declined to give details but said the test is only in restaurants in four markets across the country. The test entails increasing the number of workers on part-time status, meaning they work less than 30 hours a week. Under the new health care act, companies will be required to provide health care to full-time employees by 2014. That would significantly boost labor costs for businesses.

About 75 percent of Darden’s employees are currently part-timers.

Given the challenging job market, Darden has been able to offer lower pay rates to new hires. Bonuses for general managers have been reduced as sales have stagnated. Servers at Red Lobster are handling four tables at a time, instead of three.

And last year, the company also put workers on a “tip sharing” program, meaning waiters and waitresses share their tips with other employees such as busboys and bartenders. That allows Darden to pay more workers a far lower “tip credit wage” of $2.13, rather than the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour.

Darden isn’t the only restaurant chain looking at managing labor costs.

This summer, McDonald’s Chief Financial Officer Peter Bensen noted in a conference call with investors that the fast food company was looking at the many factors that will impact health care costs, including the number of full-time employees.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#400476 Nov 5, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the nuns/priests/bishops who have also had their hand in the cookie jar and never got caught.
TRUE STORY....
20 years ago a friend of mine was an usher in his catholic church. A devout catholic. After mass his job was to take the collection money in a canvas money bag to the office behind the altar and the priest was to put it into a floor safe in the same room. The priest was not to touch this money, as there was a committe that tallied up the money and deposited in the bank the next day or two.
One sunday after mass he took the proceeds of the collection to the office. The priest was already there sitting at his desk. He gave the money bag to the priest and was about to leave the room at the far end around a corner and out the door. As he exited he remembered he had not put his own envelope into the collection basket at mass. He immediately turned around and to his dismay saw the priest with the money sachel open and the priest was stuffing loose dollar bills into his desk drawer.
He never went back to church again, and him and his wife had huge fights over this incident.
Another one bites the dust....
"says the Vatican"...now there's an unbiased view. One true religion for the entire cosmos, right? I think not!
Orville

Portland, OR

#400477 Nov 5, 2012

25 Companies Funded-owned By The CIA:

Biomatrica

Biometric identification is an important way to confirm the identity of an individual. For clandestine services, confirming identities is crucial.

Biomatrica works on ways to make DNA, RNA, and proteins have a longer shelf life. Short and long-term storage of this information is important for the CIA.

http://govtslaves.info/25-companies-funded-by...

#400478 Nov 5, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people, and I have a brother who is one of these, don't believe they're alcoholics because they "only drink beer". Uh - you can die from over-drinking beer, too. I just pray for him, since he cannot be reasoned with.
~~~

The first step for Those Addicted to drugs or alcohol is to realize

(admit) they are addicted...until this happens they resist help.

Many have to bottom-out before they can be helped, just as a person

must realize they are a sinner, before they can be saved.

___

The Bible tells us...

1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he/GOD is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Orville

Portland, OR

#400479 Nov 5, 2012
Police Using Portable Fingerprint Scanners If You Look Suspicious

Breaking News | October 19, 2012.

(Jennifer Sullivan) His cop’s "sixth sense" told Deputy Ryan Abbott something just wasn’t right about the woman at the SeaTac check-cashing business.

The King County sheriff’s deputy had been summoned to the store by employees who believed the woman might be trying to cash a stolen check.

She handed Abbott her driver’s license with photo, but a computer check revealed the woman had no criminal history — not exactly the kind of person who would typically be passing a stolen check.

Still, recalled Abbott,“I was suspicious of her ID and the fact that when we ran the name we didn’t get a (criminal) record.”

That’s when Abbott pulled out a device about the size of a smartphone and asked the woman if he could scan her fingerprints. Within 30 seconds Abbott had the woman’s real name and learned she was wanted on two felony warrants for identity theft.

http://govtslaves.info/police-using-portable-...
Orville

Portland, OR

#400480 Nov 5, 2012
Please note, 3 distinct "MARKS". And their locaton, and meaning:

Revelation 13:16-18
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a MARK in their
A)right hand, Or Finger print.

B).or in their foreheads: Iris--the eye.

And that no man might buy or sell,:

1). save he that had the MARK,

2).or the name of the beast,

3).or the number of his name.

Who goes there?:

Law enforcement professionals like to know with whom they are dealing. Past contact with or a history of the person in question provides clues to what, why, and sometimes where. Solid information regarding the identity of the parties involved—whether they are victims, witnesses, suspects, or persons of interest—can save a lot of time in any investigation.

One county in California has embraced fingerprint scanners as a means to secure that missing piece.

Los Angeles County chose a solution that was light (less than 3 ounces), very portable (less than 4½ inches tall by about 1½ inches wide; see figure 2), and very fast (most returns come back in two minutes or less). The total number of devices deployed in the county will soon reach 2,000. Over 32,000 searches were transmitted in the 2008 calendar year, with over 12,000 positive identifications returned. The county intends to purchase and distribute another 2,000 devices before the end of this calendar year.

http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/magazine/i...
Orville

Portland, OR

#400481 Nov 5, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
Quote.... Abraham Lincoln
"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."

I do not know if Lincoln was sincere about what he stated as he was soley responsible for decimating our freedoms. Whether or not he planned this, or was aware later, may never be known.

Either way, I am in not going to condem Mr. Booth for his reaction.
Note the swift digression of our nation/freedoms, since that war.

#400482 Nov 5, 2012
JESUS SAID...

Mat_11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Joh 6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

Joh 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Joh 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

___

Outside of Christ ....

Jer_17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Going into a Church ever-so-many times...or even becoming part of it....does not make a man a Christian
any more than going into a garage makes him an automobile...

A Man becomes a Christian by obeying the words of Jesus...

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,

Except a man be born again,

he cannot

see...

to know:-

be aware,

behold, X can

(+ not tell),

consider,

(have) known (-ledge),

look (on), perceive,

see,

be sure,

tell,

understand,

wist,

wot

the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#400483 Nov 5, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Great. So the answer is "maybe"....
IMO - there is no evangelizing in Gnosticism.

Where ever you rcvd your information - you've rcvd it inaccurately.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#400484 Nov 5, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Mat_19:17 And he/Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Mar_10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#400485 Nov 5, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Other ways to die:

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Do you call it reasonable to kill your slave?
Orville

Portland, OR

#400486 Nov 5, 2012
Just for the fun of it, Google:

fingerprint scanners

Anyone can buy one cheap. I beleive this is but one of the three "marks" noted and warned about in Revelation 13:16-18.
India has 90% of it's population already marked this way. India is the 2nd largest population on earth.

The United Arab Emirates, have already their entire polulation "marked" using eye scan & finger print, embedded in their I.D. and or driver lisence. Via their Social Security number.

Obama's health care ruse mandates that all people in the U.S. have an implantable data device. beginning march of 2013.

The Supreme Court passed this law. Thus, Romney cannot stop it.
preston

Athens, OH

#400487 Nov 5, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, don't YOU start.
If I have to read ONE more time about how he pasted something from his church magazine, and how YOUR brilliant detective work saved us all from (gasp!) "plagiarism ..." (blahblah-blah. Let it GO already.
Or insisting on making up derogotory names for people you disagree with.
Can't you at least do people the courtesy of addressing people by their names? It's merely polite, you know.
Of course you know.
And yet you persist in referring to "the sda cultist" and "4bdn."
So shall we all degenerate in childishness further, and start calling you "Pissed-on?"
Really, preston, you are smarter than that, aren't you?
Being courteous to aomeone you disagree with, without making it into a personal attack is a sign of maturity.
Can we not disagree without being disagreeable? We are supposedly claiming to be followers of the Christ, are we not?
And before anyone feels compelled to point it out, I don't always live it perfectly, either. But I'm trying.
Rob
how about this ROB,
you got the wrong poster. this isnt mr fraud.lol BTW your usage of the two words PO arent appropiate on a religious forum IMO>
at least some of us on here wouldnt use them
get a scorecard or a new pair of glasses.LOL JK

#400488 Nov 5, 2012
We visited a man yesterday that was medically dead,
(straight lined)...for 9 minutes..and was shocked by the paddles 19 times before he was revived.

Yet The man was not burned by the paddles,

They placed a stint in his (he called it )"widow-maker" artery. Kept him in the I.C.U. FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AND SENT HIM HOME.

The doctors at the Chambersburg Pa. Hospital said "that they had a miracle happen once a year and He was it" They called him a walking miracle

that he suffered no brain damage....they expected him

JESUS SAID...

Mat_11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Joh 6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

Joh 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Joh 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

___

Outside of Christ ....

Jer_17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Going into a Church ever-so-many times...or even becoming part of it....does not make a man a Christian
any more than going into a garage makes him an automobile...

A Man becomes a Christian by obeying the words of Jesus...

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,

Except a man be born again,

he cannot

see...

to know:-

be aware,

behold, X can

(+ not tell),

consider,

(have) known (-ledge),

look (on), perceive,

see,

be sure,

tell,

understand,

wist,

wot

the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

to be a brain dead vegetable....

He has quite a story to tell..of what God has done for Him.

He is giving God the glory for his recovery...
preston

Athens, OH

#400489 Nov 5, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
False.
Everyone is still under the law. It is the law that man will be judged by if not under "grace".
For all.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

The Lord said we were not to put ourselves under the law because if we did and broke one we would be guilty of all and are cursed

YOU ARE REALLY A FALSE PROPHET

#400490 Nov 5, 2012
(Sorry about the above post being mixed together...

I cannot explain how it happened..)

But the post reads.

We visited a man yesterday that was medically dead,
(straight lined)...for 9 minutes..and was shocked by the paddles 19 times before he was revived.

Yet The man was not burned by the paddles,

They placed a stint in his (he called it )"widow-maker" artery. Kept him in the I.C.U. FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AND SENT HIM HOME.

The doctors at the Chambersburg Pa. Hospital said "that they had a miracle happen once a year and He was it" They called him a walking miracle

that he suffered no brain damage....they expected him to be a brain dead vegetable....

He has quite a story to tell..of what God has done for Him.

He is giving God the glory for his recovery...
preston

Athens, OH

#400491 Nov 5, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob I went through the 12 steps, only to find out there are 12 different types of alcoholic's in Al-Anon . I don't drink I am not an alcoholic, but I have had a problem with it since I have been a kid, all the people who have walked in and out of my life and family member's who believe you have to put up with them because they are family.
I really dont know where he is coming from by suggesting that cathie and I should attend AA since neither of us drink, and what we had trouble with, was a habitual and lying thief who soon will be out of our life for good, either jail or moving out entirely

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min RiversideRedneck 63,761
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 41 min Steve III 45,233
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Paul and the twins 445,463
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,858
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr pusherman_ 973,750
Gift Suggestion for a God Daughter? (Mar '15) 2 hr EstherMoore 2
herbal incense and legal buds for sale (Aug '11) 3 hr lee 10
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr lightbeamrider 106,495
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 hr LAWEST100 618,736
More from around the web