Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603255 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#400246 Nov 4, 2012
guest wrote:
A vote for the lessor of two evils is ... well, just plain evil.
And a vote for any other party or a write-in, is really no vote at all and a waste of time. But that makes perfect sense, so I don't expect you to have even the slightest clue.
The Whole Truth is the Whole Truth - a Half Truth, is a Whole Lie.
We all have our own way of thinking, but if the third party starting getting more votes, the other two would start to listen.
Orville

Donald, OR

#400247 Nov 4, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Proves our votes do not count for sure. Hillary probably really won against obama.

I am relieved and thankful you took the time to see the truth.
It is difficult sometimes to realize we are duped. And we have been for well over 200 years.
The only truths available that will never cease are those told by Holy God-Jesus.

Our eternity is Jesus. Our home base is the Holy Kingdom awaiting us. Not this place, nor it's very dark and sinister politics. Nor it's "promises" or dreams.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#400248 Nov 4, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>more to it than that,people can see me,hear me,talk to me,i can also do the same with them.they can learn the truth .
What you call "truth" is NOTHING MORE than just more of your anti-catholic concoted, contrived and "made up" (hearsay history) that has more holes in it than a piece of Wisconsin Swiss Cheese! Jethro8, you aren't fooling (anyone) "except yourself" with these bible only Protestant history "exaggerated myths" that you "in your own desperation" hope SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE will be suckered into believing. I listened to this Protestant "history nonsense" for over 35 years before coming to the REAL TRUTH of TRUE Church History from the Apologistic authors and writer (both Catholic and Protestant) who "overwhelmingly agree" that Jesus established, formed and initiated HIS One True Catholic Church in Matt 16:13-21.
You worship God in "your way" and I'll worship God "IN HIS WAY" in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.----YOU can DO and BELIEVE what you want-Jehthro8!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#400249 Nov 4, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
robert f says that you don't have faith, you have belief.
Many christians tell me that I cannot understand the bible, because I do not have the holy spirit in me, to guide me. So, I have to ask why; if the holy spirit is 'guiding' all of you believers, why do you all believing differently? Didn't the holy spirit make the bible and god's wants plain to all of you, equally?
Just another gaping whole in the fabric of believe.
Jesus Christ established, formed and initiated ONE CHURCH---over 2000 years ago.---ONE TRUE CHURCH-----ONE TRUE (Universal) Church and one "belief" that is manifested in "one faith"---and that TRUTH is the Catholic Church. The Protestants have chosen to "reject the TRUTH, the belief and the faith" at the Protestant Reformation.(plain and simple)--that is why you have so many believers, believing "differently". With bible only Protestants there are over 42,000 different, contradicting, inconsistent beliefs--NOT BASED UPON THE BIBLE, but on "personal opinionated interpretation of the bible-----(Relativism---" What I think is true-----hlaf-truth, half-heresy----Christianity "
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#400250 Nov 4, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
good friend
Ah. At last. A response...."I don't know their names, because I guess they weren't important enough to record back then."
The reason is because they weren't important(you guess)....
First off we shouldn't be guessing....
How many? No one knows....It could be a few, but the Roman Legions were known for the 4 large massacres of the Jewish uprisings around the time of Jesus....
Why would Jesus and his disciples standout in history, when so many were slaughtered and not recorded either, by philosophers, religous, state or individual writers?
Robert says.......Why would Jesus and his disciples standout in history?

Christians ONLY claim Jesus to be the son of God. If world history at that time thought a man named Jesus was son of God they too would have recorded what they saw. Its obvious they didn't see anything. According to christian ONLY writings decades ONLY after 30AD were stories told about a man born of a miraculous birth, performed incapable feats by regular human beings, supposedly loved by everyone he met, yet according to christian ONLY writings a very short time later people were screaming for his death.

Christians get upset when they read about a man named Jesus being crucified, yet christians believe thats why he came to earth.

......no one else from the entire mediteranean ever mentions a Jesus or 12 apostles, or King Herod slaughtering male infants, or crucifixion, or resurrection. A CHRISTIAN ONLY story.....

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#400251 Nov 4, 2012
Clayo wrote:
Oops. I put an o at the end of my name. Clayo has a nice ring to it.
What happened to your real name CLAYPOOL?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#400252 Nov 4, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
What you call "truth" is NOTHING MORE than just more of your anti-catholic concoted, contrived and "made up" (hearsay history) that has more holes in it than a piece of Wisconsin Swiss Cheese! Jethro8, you aren't fooling (anyone) "except yourself" with these bible only Protestant history "exaggerated myths" that you "in your own desperation" hope SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE will be suckered into believing. I listened to this Protestant "history nonsense" for over 35 years before coming to the REAL TRUTH of TRUE Church History from the Apologistic authors and writer (both Catholic and Protestant) who "overwhelmingly agree" that Jesus established, formed and initiated HIS One True Catholic Church in Matt 16:13-21.
You worship God in "your way" and I'll worship God "IN HIS WAY" in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.----YOU can DO and BELIEVE what you want-Jehthro8!
Obama garners more support from roman catholics, yet the bishops across america spend $$ MILLIONS $$ fighting him. Millions of dollars that could have bought 10s of millions of boxes of kraft dinner and peanut butter for the poor.

The great roman catholic divide...

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/201...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-fai...

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/President-Ob...
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#400253 Nov 4, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ established, formed and initiated ONE CHURCH---over 2000 years ago.---ONE TRUE CHURCH-----ONE TRUE (Universal) Church and one "belief" that is manifested in "one faith"---and that TRUTH is the Catholic Church. The Protestants have chosen to "reject the TRUTH, the belief and the faith" at the Protestant Reformation.(plain and simple)--that is why you have so many believers, believing "differently". With bible only Protestants there are over 42,000 different, contradicting, inconsistent beliefs--NOT BASED UPON THE BIBLE, but on "personal opinionated interpretation of the bible-----(Relativism---" What I think is true-----hlaf-truth, half-heresy----Christianity "
So now there are 'OVER 42,000 dirrerent BELIEFS'. Facts or truth don't really concern you much do they?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#400255 Nov 4, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
concocted, dontrived and made up. Oh, my. Actually, he makes more sense than you do,most of the time. And with a lot less repitition. Just sayin'.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#400256 Nov 4, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't have any religious belief or faith in any god or gods. I think that it is silly to believe that an unseen god, with confusing demands, is sitting up in the heavens, waiting to judge me. And the worst possible offense? Not stealing. Not rape. Not even torture or murder! No! The greatest offense to god is me not believing in him! That is just silly.
As for my basic philosophy; I suppose that I get my philosophy from many sources. I have no problem with many lessons from the christian bible! But where christians an I differ is; I do not believe that the bible is the word of god or the inspired word of god, so I can openly refuse any part of the bible that I don't agree with.
For example, I do not believe that owning slaves is OK. I also believe that killing a slave, a person, is wrong; I don't care if they live a day or two before they die. Your god said that the master should not be punished, if the slave, the master property, suffers for a day or two first.
I don't believe that a rape victim should be forced to marry her rapist. The fact that the father, the owner of the property, gets the virgin bride price for the victim, does not sway my opinion.
christians try their best to rationalize, dismiss, or ignore that their god made such laws, but it doesn't work. Too many of us can read it for ourselves.
TBS

Thank you for describing your faith and beliefs....

I shall endeavor to be aware of them, so that I may understand, and write accordingly to them....
Orville

Donald, OR

#400257 Nov 4, 2012
How ironic....

Nonvoters: The Other Abstinence Movement

by Linton Weeks

November 03, 2012 5:12 PM

To many Americans, the right to vote in a presidential election is a sacred and precious opportunity. To others, the right to not vote is just as meaningful. And they exercise it.

In just-released data, the Pew Research Center reports that about 43 percent of Americans of voting age in 2008 didn't participate in the presidential election.

The report goes on to say who nonvoters prefer in the election coming up on Tuesday between President Obama and Mitt Romney.(No offense, but what difference does it make? They're not voting!)

While we still don't know what the total number of nonparticipants will be on Nov. 6, we do know that a large swath of Americans are not planning to vote early or late or at any time. For myriad reasons — cynicism, apathy, moral objections, for example — some people are choosing to abstain.

Recently we sent out a query on NPR's Facebook page asking the political abstainers to tell us why they do not plan to vote. Answers — and answerers — were all over the map. Conservative voters in predominantly liberal states — and vice versa — just didn't see the point.

A number of people are disenchanted with the Electoral College system. There are those who want to use the Internet to vote and govern, and there are those who just want to be left the heck alone by the whole process. And then there are some people who will not be voting for other reasoned reasons, including these:........

.......Age: 26
Hometown: Montgomery, Ala.

Reason: "I don't vote because as a Christian and a student of the Bible, I feel it is not a Christian's place to become involved in politics. If one were to research the early Christian church's opinion on politics, you would see that they, like Jesus, were neutral in all political matters since they consider God's Kingdom as the only solution to mankind's problems. Of course, they recognized the God-given authority of human government, obeyed said governments, but also separated themselves from any kind of political involvement."

Hometown: Jonesboro, Ark.

Reason: "I am not a registered voter, I have never voted and do not plan to this election year. I do not vote because I believe that at the end of the day, money is more powerful than a ballot."

Luke Banda

Courtesy of Luke Banda Age: 23
Hometown: Johnstown, Pa.

Reason: "A simple understanding of statistics shows that my vote does not matter."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2012/...
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#400258 Nov 4, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama garners more support from roman catholics, yet the bishops across america spend $$ MILLIONS $$ fighting him. Millions of dollars that could have bought 10s of millions of boxes of kraft dinner and peanut butter for the poor.
The great roman catholic divide...
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/201...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-fai...
http://www.irishcentral.com/news/President-Ob...
Kinda, just maybe, makes you think that (maybe) they don't all believe the same things, doesn't it. Well there goes HOHO's argument.

Location hidden

#400259 Nov 4, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I misinterpret your double talk!?! My apologies! As I remember, you tried to twist the meanings of faith and belief to suit your babel.
The bible talks a lot about faith!
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. Rom. 10:17 NIV
Heb. 10:38-11:1 "But my righteous one will live by faith ..."
Rom 14:23 "everything that does not come from faith is sin."
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
belief
Noun:
1. An acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
2. Something one accepts as true or real; a firmly held opinion or conviction.
Notice, experience and knowledge were not mentioned!
TBS

Since we haven't gotten to faith, and what it does, and that you state you do not have faith, your quotes of Bible verses is noted, but would be very involved at explaining at this time. I would rather have faith unfold its meaning as time progresses....

Your definition of belief is to simple, so it will be confusing to distinguish between faith and belief. Consider using wikipedia for a definition of belief. It is a little more expanded and a descriptive definition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belief

If you cannot be aware of, or understand the wikipedia definition at this time, we might approach things using reason instead....
preston

Waverly, OH

#400260 Nov 4, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>today is not the sabbath,saturday is,only the pagan/christian church observes sunday as the sabbath,which is an unholy act on their part.you follow the catholic church you follow pagan traditions.
the RCC had absolutely NOTHING to do with Christians celebrating Sunday because that was the Day that the Lord was Resurreced, and Paul mentioned it in his Letters.

it was called the "Lords Day" in his epistle.

do some research before you spout your lies.

Lord's Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_DayTextual tradition · Early church · Middle ages · Modern church
Lord's Day in Christianity is generally Sunday, the day of communal worship. It is observed by most Christians as the weekly memorial of the resurrection of Jesus ...

By the mid-2nd century, Justin Martyr wrote in his apologies about the cessation of Sabbath observance and the celebration of the first (or eighth) day of the week (not as a day of rest, but as a day for gathering to worship):

and since you are not a Christian,

IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS IN THE FIRST PLACE AS TO WHO IS RESPONSIBLE OR WHO ISNT.
preston

Waverly, OH

#400261 Nov 4, 2012
and to prove that ellen white has no authority to tell any one that they MUST worship on Shabat, look closely at what Justin is further saying.

argued that Sabbath was not kept before Moses, and was only instituted as a sign to Israel and a temporary measure because of Israel's sinfulness,[17] no longer needed after Christ came without sin.[18]

"A SIGN TO ISRAEL" AS CHRISTIANS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SAYING, NOT THE CHRISTIAN
preston

Waverly, OH

#400263 Nov 4, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to your real name CLAYPOOL?
4bdn started calling him cesspool, and i must admit tha I also did a couple of times until I figured it out that he was a pretty good guy.

so Clay, I apologize for stooping to the level of some others on this forum.

and I have quit calling the catholics names just because they are catholics.
preston

Waverly, OH

#400264 Nov 4, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jesus first and only". No politics.
kinda funny ,

I said that and I actually meant it, and your buddies, 4bdn and the sda have not shut their mouth about it yet.LOL

as well as Marge.

God wants total allegiance to Him, not to caeser

Location hidden

#400265 Nov 4, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert says.......Why would Jesus and his disciples standout in history?
Christians ONLY claim Jesus to be the son of God. If world history at that time thought a man named Jesus was son of God they too would have recorded what they saw. Its obvious they didn't see anything. According to christian ONLY writings decades ONLY after 30AD were stories told about a man born of a miraculous birth, performed incapable feats by regular human beings, supposedly loved by everyone he met, yet according to christian ONLY writings a very short time later people were screaming for his death.
Christians get upset when they read about a man named Jesus being crucified, yet christians believe thats why he came to earth.
......no one else from the entire mediteranean ever mentions a Jesus or 12 apostles, or King Herod slaughtering male infants, or crucifixion, or resurrection. A CHRISTIAN ONLY story.....
good friend

Good News.....

I am happy to express to you that I have been aware of the seeming contradictions you propose in your addresses to me and have enough understanding to say they are based in existential ways....In short you are an existentualist.

It is for this reason you are not well understood on this forum, as what you consider contradictions, are explained back to you in a different form than the way you understand....

That of course does not mean that I can explain them. But the very existence of existential thoughts are "outside" of normal epistemilogical ways that most persons relate to the environment....

The problem is that you will never be able to get rid of angst(which most people try to resolve), and the Other(having a unified view)....
Orville

Donald, OR

#400266 Nov 4, 2012
Denying GOD:

the "son/daughter of perdition"

----------

Author's Page
Denying or refusing to SUBMIT to
any of HIS WORD/LAW, Genesis to Revelation,
is denying or refusing
THE ONE WHO WROTE IT.

GOD YHSHWH/JESUS is the SAME GOD
with the SAME THOUGHTS and WAYS, today,
as HE WAS before HE CREATED us;
as HE WAS when HE WALKED on earth.
HE HAS NOT CHANGED.

The human (man) of perdition is being formed

Let no man deceive you by any means:

for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first,

and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God,

or that is worshipped;

so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God,

shewing himself that he is God.

2THESS 2:3-4

People have stop BELIEVING HIS HOLY WORD/LAW,
HIS Book of LIFE, Genesis to Revelation,
is COMPLETE TRUTH.

HOLY SPIRIT SUBMITS to GOD YHSHWH'S HOLY WORD/LAW
because HIS HOLY WORD/LAW is SPIRITUAL.
HOLY SPIRIT is HIS HOLY LIVING LAW, in me.
HIS WRITTEN LAW is HOLY and SPIRITUAL.
carnal mind/flesh refuses to
and never will SUBMIT to HIS SPIRITUAL LAW.
carnal mind/flesh is the enemy of GOD YHSHWH.

In this "fallen" state
people start following their own beliefs.
They pick and choose
what they want to believe in HIS HOLY WORD/LAW.
The ONE "holding the son of perdition back"
is taken out of the way when
HOLY SPIRIT is denied.
This creates the man (human) of sin,
the "son/daughter of perdition".

The one who makes oneself god of his body,

submitting to what one wants to submit to.

My body is GOD YHSHWH’S BODY; HIS TEMPLE.

I AM to SUBMIT HIS BODY to HIM.

One who exalts oneself, above GOD YHSHWH,
does not SUBMIT one's mind, body, and life,
to some or any of GOD YHSHWH'S Book of LIFE,
Genesis to Revelation;
denying HIS HOLY SPIRIT.
This one makes oneself one's own god,
the "son/daugther of perdition".
=-=-=

ROM 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy,
and the commandment holy,
and just, and good.

Why, the LAW is HOLY
and the COMMANDMENT HOLY,
JUST and GOOD.
___

ROM 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me?
God forbid.
But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me
by that which is good; that sin
by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Does this mean that that which is good is death to me? GOD forbid.
But for me to see sin, that was death to me,
that sin had to be shown really sinful to me by the COMMANDMENT.
___

ROM 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual:
but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Because we know that the LAW is SPIRITUAL,
but I am carnal, a slave to sin.
=-=-=

ROM 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh;
but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Because they that follow carnal self do carnal things,
but they that follow HIS SPIRIT do things of HIS SPIRIT.
___

ROM 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death;
but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Because to be carnal minded is death,
but to BE SPIRITUALLY MINDED is LIFE and PEACE.
___

ROM 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God:
for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Because the carnal mind is an enemy of GOD,
because it does not submit to the LAW of GOD,
neither can it.
___

ROM 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh
cannot please God.

So, they that are carnal minded
cannot please GOD.

http://www.thebodyofmessiah.com/authors/denyg...
Orville

Donald, OR

#400267 Nov 4, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>kinda funny ,
I said that and I actually meant it, and your buddies, 4bdn and the sda have not shut their mouth about it yet.LOL
as well as Marge.
God wants total allegiance to Him, not to caeser

..." God wants total allegiance to Him, not to caeser."

I agree entirely. Because we are called "OUT".

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;" (1 Peter 2:9).

The Lord spoke to His people through the apostle Peter and used several terms in order to help them appreciate their spiritual position in the Holy Christ-Jesus. He referred to them as a "chosen" or elect" race, as a "holy nation" and as a "people for God's own possession." By Holy God's grace we occupy a very favored position in His universe.

Peter continues by saying, "for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy." (1 Peter 2:10). Christians are referred to as "the people of Holy God" and as having received God's "mercy." This is the result of holy God's grace and holy love, not according to our own merit.

But notice "the people of God." tremendous designation and value is stated and described, about each of these designations, note the phrase in verse 9: "...Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light."

It is a very, very important matter to be a part of this "holy nation" of "people for God's own possession" who are "the people of God" .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Bongo 878,484
Ruthlessly GREEDY New Yorkers earned 9-11 5 min Critical Eye 10
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 min Bhagyashree Kale 7,625
Weeniez, testicals, panites, dresses, make-up..... 13 min Doctor REALITY 7
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min Soon Armagedon Day 41,134
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min USaWorldWarMongerer 272,867
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 23 min Gary Coaldigger 8,005
The Christian Atheist debate 41 min Critical Eye 3,822
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 hr Lyndi 177,850
More from around the web