Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,264)

Showing posts 385,261 - 385,280 of512,340
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I know that you are a Holiness preacher,or pastor.Wesleyan,Free Methodist,Nazarene,Church of God(Anderson,Indiana),Pilgrim Holiness?
Fiery preachers from those denominations.I attended for awhile a Wesleyan church,that pastor was very anointed.My start as a born-again Christian was with the Nazarenes.
You are an enigma to me,than again you are distinctly different from most holiness preachers.Your views on politics baffles me,
sorry, but I dont "talk" to any person on this forum, and only a couple have I emailed with. one was even Mary hammond, a rough one if there was one on this forum.
and jsut altely ahve I emailed karen but that was private and will remain so.
when i call a peson a liar, it is because they have lied and I ALWAYS show proof of their lies.
so your opinion is not based on facts from this forum.
and thankfully church members that I KNOW have nothing in common with many people on this forum, such as the sda cultist, false prophets and a liar like Orville(who stated that jesus never paid taxes and he even used some veses that showed that he did, but he cut out the one that proved him to be lying which made him a deceiver.and lest I forget, 4bdn whoissued John a homosexual invitation with his filthy dirty mouth and he was called on it by others. why were you silent?
it is easy for you to speak against me who stand against that, but when they lie and they speak falsely, you stand on the sidelines like a coward would do.
getting back to you, since you attend the AOG, that is pentecost so it would be an honest mistake of my part to assume that you folow their doctrine.
and Woody died several years ago, so your words about him are moot.
and getting ack to voting, YES, it is voting for a mormon that I object too. he is clearly in a cult that preaches a different Gospel than Paul preached, nuff said about that, if you disagree with Paul, you face the consequences , not me.
look how stupid your words are that he talks with the Russians,lol
let me clue you in, EVERY PRESDENT HAS DONE THAT. FOR GOOD REASON.
LETS GO BACK TO MR BUSH AND GORBACHEV, THEY BOTH BOTH OF A NEW WORLD ORDER. at the same time, so they had to have spoken to each other.
OTHERS GIVE YOU MORE CREDIT THAN I DO, TO ME YOU ARENT TO BRIGHT.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, but I will take the corrct meaning of cult over yours.
cult/k&#601;lt/
Noun:
A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.
A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.
To the Jews Chrsitianity is a cult.And their opinion is quite respected,as Christianity came out of Judaism.

Jesus was no doubt the main and most endearing figure of Christianity.BUT the truth is,Jesus not only gave His life,but He introduced to the world,and especially to the JEW first,personally,the KINGDOM of His Father.That is the key to understanding Christ. What His relationship was and IS with the Father of Lights.

The Jews and other religious bodies such as the Muslims,may feel that Christianity is idol worship and so on,but the truth is that the Followers of Christ have displayed the real essence of the Kingdom of God.Nevertheless,there is the human factor in all of this,and we may have failed miserably at times.But when comparing all facets of this Christian era,Christians have proven time and time again,that they are engaged in the ultimate movement of helping this planet to find God in all of His fulness and Mercy,most of all love.Christians of every affiliation,and groups like the Mormons,have shown to the world, that they are willing to go the extra mile to help the unfortunate,and to give to the uttermost to alleviate poverty and victims of disasters.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
Continued to Preston:
Obama is rich what does he care if he ruins this country,he will have his 5 million,and he'll write another book to promote his narcissism.
this post about obama being rich is one of the dumbest that you have ever wrote and you have wrote some doozies.

In December 2007, the Obama family was estimated at at net worth of $1.3 million
As President you earn $200,000 -300,000 dollars, but you pay for nothing so no one knows exactly how much he is worth.

before the depression of mr bushes a few years ago, cathie and I were worth thaat much with our investments in land etc. so that isnt very much today.

WASHINGTON (AP)— Just how rich is Mitt Romney? Add up the wealth of the last eight presidents, from Richard Nixon to Barack Obama. Then double that number. Now you’re in Romney territory.

Now you dont wish to vote for Obama becaused he is rich(?)

but look at romney, he made those millions thanks to the help of his false religion and the crookedness of his daddy.

Obama didnt have that type of help, what he has, he worked for and went to school to get a great education, just like cathie and I have done.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
Continued to Preston:
Obama is running this country to the ground,and as I said he is a globalist,and wants to neutralize AMERICA into a servant rather than a Power of an Independent nation.
Any president who would disc Canada,in oil research and deals with this country to improve our energy sources is anti-American as far as I am concerned.Obama does not care about what America is to this world,he wants us to become a 3rd rate nation,subservient to Europe,Middle East and so on.Obama is rich what does he care if he ruins this country,he will have his 5 million,and he'll write another book to promote his narcissism.
why are you being so deceitful, why dont you tell all of the story about that pipeline deal.

Obama approved the southern half of the pipeline, with studies continuing on the rest of the route

Sen. Tim Johnson, D-S.D., said if Obama is elected, the future of the Keystone XL depends on the environmental impact study.

“It’s already been completed in the southern states but the hang-up is in Nebraska, and South Dakota in part, because of the Ogallala Aquifer,” Johnson said.“They were trying to figure out a way to get around that. As soon as they do, and study the environmental impact, they’ll be ready to go.”

Former Sen. Byron Dorgan, D-N.D., said even if Obama hadn’t halted the project, the environmental concerns in Nebraska would have delayed the project anyway.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK SO YOU WONT BE CAUGHT IN YOUR LIES.PAD
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but I dont "talk" to any person on this forum, and only a couple have I emailed with. one was even Mary hammond, a rough one if there was one on this forum.
and jsut altely ahve I emailed karen but that was private and will remain so.
when i call a peson a liar, it is because they have lied and I ALWAYS show proof of their lies.
so your opinion is not based on facts from this forum.
and thankfully church members that I KNOW have nothing in common with many people on this forum, such as the sda cultist, false prophets and a liar li be lying which made him a deceiver.and lest I forget, 4bdn whoissued John a homosexual invitation with his filthy dirty mouth and he was called on it by others. why were you silent?

let me clue you in, EVERY PRESDENT HAS DONE THAT. FOR GOOD REASON.
LETS GO BACK TO MR BUSH AND GORBACHEV, THEY BOTH BOTH OF A NEW WORLD ORDER. at the same time, so they had to have spoken to each other.
OTHERS GIVE YOU MORE CREDIT THAN I DO, TO ME YOU ARENT TO BRIGHT.
preston,it is not my place to criticize posters on this forum who claim to be gay,their personal habits are their own business.

As a matter of fact preston,I do not remember anything about John from NJ being gay.Now if that is the John you are talking about? There was a man on this forum a long time back who claimed to be gay, and I often told him his lifestyle was basically destructive.

We are not suppose to condemn people,as Jesus came not to condemn but to save.

Obama was seen and heard by millions making some secret deal with Medeyev of Russia,whispering to him,he did not know the mike was on,and that he was heard,even Romney made mention to that in the last debate.That is what I was referring to.Obama wanted so much to be seen as the global president,everyone working with him,apologizing constantly for America to our enemies and others as well.

So much for Obama.You can root for him while not voting,are you a coward preston to vote for him or against him?And don't give me the line,that God wants you totally for HIMSELF.Pastors who are living for Christ with great joy,love and skill vote.

I cannot believe you a former vet,and one who suffered for your country would make such strong points for this president,yet not even vote for him?

Who is the bright one here sir?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Try again. That is the lamest of lame.
No biblical writer was alive to witness jesus.
The big question is why?

A man claimed to have been born miraculously. Performed dozens of visual miracles for thousands and witnessed by thousands more. Had so many people who LOVED him and followed him, special arrangements had to be made to accomodate all his fans..........yet a very short time later, everyone is screaming for his death, then a short time later, everyone now loves him all over again.

Makes no common sense.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>this post about obama being rich is one of the dumbest that you have ever wrote and you have wrote some doozies.
In December 2007, the Obama family was estimated at at net worth of $1.3 million
As President you earn $200,000 -300,000 dollars, but you pay for nothing so no one knows exactly how much he is worth.
before the depression of mr bushes a few years ago, cathie and I were worth thaat much with our investments in land etc. so that isnt very much today.
WASHINGTON (AP)— Just how rich is Mitt Romney? Add up the wealth of the last eight presidents, from Richard Nixon to Barack Obama. Then double that number. Now you’re in Romney territory.
but look at romney, he made those millions thanks to the help of his false religion and the crookedness of his daddy.
Obama didnt have that type of help, what he has, he worked for and went to school to get a great education, just like cathie and I have done.
AND you know a great deal about the Chicago Machine of political hypocrisy and so on?

WELL our dear president came out of that machine and with much profit.He and his wife both wrote books,and were part of the most richest breed of minorities as members of Wright's church.Money is very well gained and used by the Obama's.So we here in Illinois know of these people,and we are stuck with them,running this state into the ground year by year.We are the most taxed and the poorest of states.

Home of Lincoln is now faced with a depression that may spread nationwide.We have a Democratic machine that is crude,prejudice and callous to what they are doing to the whole state.Even my liberal in-laws are concerned these days,and bellyache often about the corrupt Democrats in Illinois government.

It is a well known fact that Obama profited immensely from the liberal corrupt machine in Illinois or more distinctly Chicago.

It is a hot issue here with many,but we are concerned about the future more than ever.Another 4 years with a man who has been fashioned by Chicago corrupt Democrats,is scary to say the least.It is a sad and terrible legacy we people of Illinois must now suffer,as we allowed those men and women to run our state for decades,no protest.Democrats here are slowly waking up,since Obama has been allowed 4 years to run this country like the Chicago Machine.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

and just to help people out who do believe what PAD is trying to push on here. the percentage of oil being moved would only be 6% up .

this project is putting big money in someones pockets since just a few hundred miles west of that proposed pipelins in ANOTHER PIPELINE COMING DOWN FROM ALASKA,

IN WHICH THEY COULD TAP INTO IF THEY ACTUALLY WANTED TO, AND IT WAS NECESSARY
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

well Regina should have power by now, don't know if her area was flooded or not. over.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>why are you being so deceitful, why dont you tell all of the story about that pipeline deal.
Obama approved the southern half of the pipeline, with studies continuing on the rest of the route
Sen. Tim Johnson, D-S.D., said if Obama is elected, the future of the Keystone XL depends on the environmental impact study.
“It’s already been completed in the southern states but the hang-up is in Nebraska, and South Dakota in part, because of the Ogallala Aquifer,” Johnson said.“They were trying to figure out a way to get around that. As soon as they do, and study the environmental impact, they’ll be ready to go.”
Former Sen. Byron Dorgan, D-N.D., said even if Obama hadn’t halted the project, the environmental concerns in Nebraska would have delayed the project anyway.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK SO YOU WONT BE CAUGHT IN YOUR LIES.PAD
Did it ever occur to you,that Obama used the environmental studies and impact to twart any future goal to improve our own independence from Arab and Venequelan oil.

Obama is putting the kabosh on many attempts to improve our own oil refineries.He did not contend or debate Romney when told his policies halted the the continuance of improving oil refineries. We know for a fact as well that Obama taxes the hell out of small busnines,or tather puts so many limitations on them.I have to run.preston,I can disagree with you without hostility,so remember that when you post okay?
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, I just got home and the phone rang and it was a telemarketer who had a three question survey that they wanted me to answer.
and the first qustion was about billy graham and what he thought about something and did I agree or disagree, well of course since I cant stand Billy Graham, I hit that I disagreed with him and as soon as I did that, they hung up and I never got to hear the other two questions.
Now I will miss hours of sleep worrying about those other two questions about billy graham.
graham ought tokeep his nose out of politics and I will never forgive him for the ranting that he did against Israel.
May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot community. where the sun never shines.
Preston's QUOTE..."May God find him a nice quite(his spelling)out of the way place in a HOT COMMUNITY where the SUN NEVER SHINES. So you can see what a liar he is. Not to mention a sick-o for taking pleasure in anyone damnation. And he calls other people liars. Unbelievable. So we see here that according to his own definition he can not be a christian because he is a liar.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Did it ever occur to you,that Obama used the environmental studies and impact to twart any future goal to improve our own independence from Arab and Venequelan oil.
Obama is putting the kabosh on many attempts to improve our own oil refineries.He did not contend or debate Romney when told his policies halted the the continuance of improving oil refineries. We know for a fact as well that Obama taxes the hell out of small busnines,or tather puts so many limitations on them.I have to run.preston,I can disagree with you without hostility,so remember that when you post okay?
Sorry, PAD...I have to disagree with you....

Congress are the ones who passes the laws, NOT the president....

President cannot enact a law, only the congress....

President enforces the laws....

Only changes under the declaration of an emergency and/or marshal law.....has never existed in this nation except during times of war....specifically the Civil War...when Lincoln suspended the right of Habeas Corpus...

The Habeas Corpus Act was an English statute enacted in 1679 during the reign of King Charles II. It was subsequently amended and supple-mented by enactments of Parliament that permitted, in certain cases, a person to challenge the legality of his or her imprisonment before a court that ordered the person to appear before it at a designated time so that it could render its decision. The Habeas Corpus Act served as the precursor of Habeas Corpus provisions found in U.S. federal and state constitutions and statutes that safeguard the guarantee of personal liberty.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
preston,it is not my place to criticize posters on this forum who claim to be gay,their personal habits are their own business.
As a matter of fact preston,I do not remember anything about John from NJ being gay.Now if that is the John you are talking about? There was a man on this forum a long time back who claimed to be gay, and I often told him his lifestyle was basically destructive.
We are not suppose to condemn people,as Jesus came not to condemn but to save.
at no time did I suggest to you that John was a homosexual, what I said was that 4bdn made that type of remark to him. try reading what is said in the future.

and 4bdn was rebuked by others on this forum for that remark as it was very filthy, WHICH IS WHY I CALL HIM A POTTY MOUTH TYPE PERSON
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

what about Gif and KM, not sure where they live. Over.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>this post about obama being rich is one of the dumbest that you have ever wrote and you have wrote some doozies.
AMEN, Preston!!!!

On student loans and pell grants and maybe some scholarships....

Please people....DO YOUR RESEARCH.....

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>To the Jews Chrsitianity is a cult.And their opinion is quite respected,as Christianity came out of Judaism.
Jesus was no doubt the main and most endearing figure of Christianity.BUT the truth is,Jesus not only gave His life,but He introduced to the world,and especially to the JEW first,personally,the KINGDOM of His Father.That is the key to understanding Christ. What His relationship was and IS with the Father of Lights.
The Jews and other religious bodies such as the Muslims,may feel that Christianity is idol worship and so on,but the truth is that the Followers of Christ have displayed the real essence of the Kingdom of God.Nevertheless,there is the human factor in all of this,and we may have failed miserably at times.But when comparing all facets of this Christian era,Christians have proven time and time again,that they are engaged in the ultimate movement of helping this planet to find God in all of His fulness and Mercy,most of all love.Christians of every affiliation,and groups like the Mormons,have shown to the world, that they are willing to go the extra mile to help the unfortunate,and to give to the uttermost to alleviate poverty and victims of disasters.
WHAT!?!? Did you really believe that?

First: God knows and knew everything, right?

Then he made man, right?

He knew, whether you believe that it was 6,000 to 3.75 billion, years ago, that man would fail. That means that either he knew that his plan would fail and did it anyway or he doesn't know everything.

Then he wipe out all the living creatures, except for some sea life and that which boarded the ark. He knew from the very beginning that they would fail too!!!!! And why did he kill all those animals? They didn't do anything wrong.

Then he let the failed human race populate the planet! Knowing that most of them would be damned to hell! How cruel is that?

Then he finally decided that he needed to do something. Well, he really didn't just decided, did he? No. He knew from the very beginning that he was going to do this, yet he waited until all those poor souls were damned to hell.

The final great mistake; he only showed himself to a very small portion of the Earth, thus damning the rest of the world.

Does any of this make sense to you? If it does, run to the nearest mental health hospital and check yourself in.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
For your information, I have been to three of Billy Grahams Crusades over the past 40 years (as a Protestant and as a Catholic) so I know "exactly" what I am talking about and you "preston" (with all due respect) have "no idea as to what you are talking about!!
And, HOJO, you have been blinded by Satan....

False teachers are a dime a dozen...go figure....

Billy Graham, also, teaches ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED....

So what you are telling us is that you are a Catholic who believes in ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED if you believe in Billy Graham...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Robert.
Robert says......Your problem about getting something written down at the time of Jesus living, is your problem. I don't share it. Miracles are counter-culture. The life, death,, and ressurection of Jesus is counter-culture. Even John the Baptist(so called the greatist prophet), little is recorded of him....So you tell me why?
Michael says........after 2,000 years why does only 1 out of 5 people in our world follow the belief, and again most are born into it and believe what they were taught.
When only one very small select group of people in our world history describe a man as a miracle worker (history says there were many that claimed the same thing long before Jesus) then maybe none of it is true the way it is written.
There are more fiction books written than non fiction.
You have a belief. I was born into that belief, and according to the bishops in america today only 1 in 4 roman catholics actually practices their faith today. Not very good considering all the coaching parents do to convince their children about this man.
If there was a smoking gun of truth, the whole world would believe. 2,000 years and we are not even close for a man that christians ONLY claim was the greatest man that ever lived, and only one small select group of people believe it.
If God really wanted our world to progress to christianity, appearing to us as he supposedly did in the past, would certainly help the credability along. Why wouldn't God want everyone in our world on the same page and show himself to create a world that would completely do away with hatred of others.
A world we would ALL EMBRACE.........I ain't seeing it.
good friend

You're putting to much into your response, for me to reply in any meaningful way....

Although I understand your resolve in trying to make your point clear, I am left with picking and choosing only a point or two, and that gets nowhere fast....

Here is what happens when I see your writings....

You make a statement, and then ask why?
Then you add to your orginal statement and conclude everything is suspect....

You make a third and fourth statement and again ask why?

So lets go back to dialoguing, and you answer my original question. If you can't then we can be aware, that we can probe together, and there is something in common we share, and move toward understanding....

Here is the question:

"Can you tell me some of the names, or even approximately the number of Christians crucified in the Roman Empire starting at about 30 AD onward? If not, then why can't you explain....This is always your position on why you don't believe in Jesus.(It just doesn't make sense.)
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text> Preston's QUOTE..."May God find him a nice quite(his spelling)out of the way place in a HOT COMMUNITY where the SUN NEVER SHINES. So you can see what a liar he is. Not to mention a sick-o for taking pleasure in anyone damnation. And he calls other people liars. Unbelievable. So we see here that according to his own definition he can not be a christian because he is a liar.
I dont think so, YOU ACCUSED ME OF TAKING PLEASURE IN HIM BEING SENT TO HELL BY GOD.

THAT POST IS NOT INDICATIVE OF THE WORD "PLEASURE".

ALL THAT I WISH FOR GRAHAM IS FOR HIM TO RECEIVE THE REWARD THAT HE DESERVES BY FLEECING PEOPLE OVER THE DECADES.

AND THAT IS IN AGREEMENT WITH THE WORDS OF PAUL WHO SPOKE OF THE SILVERSMITH WHO MADE MONEY OFF OF GULLIBLE PEOPLE.

when are you going to learn that you cant prove me wrong on my statements because I can show cause from the Bible.

graham has brought many up on his platform who have nothing in common with Pauls type of Christianity.

and he has done that for the love of money, and surely not for the Cause of Christ..

So I will say it again, May God reward him for his disrespect that he has shown the Sacrifice of Jesus.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And, HOJO, you have been blinded by Satan....
False teachers are a dime a dozen...go figure....
Billy Graham, also, teaches ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED....
So what you are telling us is that you are a Catholic who believes in ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED if you believe in Billy Graham...
if billy graham lives long enough, he would help(as he already has tried), he would try to bring into being the one world religion that the Bible warns us of!

look at peale, a person that has no characteristics of a christian.

you made a great point to HOJO, I hope he will listen but the fact that graham has reached out to the pope and the catholics, you arent going to reach him even though your point was right on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 385,261 - 385,280 of512,340
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

640 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min Student 38,032
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min RiversideRedneck 680,890
avandia 2014 4 min LisaTx 81
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Aerobatty 217,256
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 7 min lalala 287
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 8 min Harrison Freebird 23,834
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min -USA-1 109,759
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 47 min Joshuas Polaris 2000 596,624
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 89,609
•••
•••
•••