Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,261)

Showing posts 385,201 - 385,220 of529,612
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert.
I don't know their names, because I guess they weren't important enough to record back then.
Jesus is claimed to be the greatest man that ever lived according to christians TODAY!, in CHRISTIAN ONLY HISTORY, yet no christians know his birthdate, don't know what he did for a living, don't know what he looked like, and the most important dates of all, the death and resurrection and no one thought he was important enough to record that. Christians today argue over two different burial sites..........thats not good!
The gospels are suppose to be the cornerstone to christian writings yet no one knows any of the dates they were written, where they were written, and no one can verify with any certainty that the names associated with the gospel writers are the actual people who wrote them. Outside of christian only writings there is nothing mentioned in our world history of miraculous birth, 12 apostles, or crucifixion. Remember there were suppose to have been many thousands of jewish witnesses to this mans good deeds, and the only few who recorded anything became christians. AGENDA???
Julius Caesar an important man in WORLD HISTORY, about 100 years before the Jesus story was born JULY 13, 100 BCE. Died March 15, 44 BCE. Occupations: Was a roman statesman, general, author. There are actual statues still around depicting the likeness appearance of Julius Caesar. You can buy coins today from that era with the stamping of Julius Caesar himself on these coins from 2100 years ago.
There is no evidence left behind to indicate that a Jesus actually lived and died. The shroud of Turin is claimed to be a fake by many experts, yet the catholic church keeps it as a holy relic but DOES NOT indicate, or know, with any certainty that they believe its the burial cloth.
If someone was important to others in history, they are usually recorded in our world history. The only history recorded about a Jesus is christian ONLY history.
Thousands of jews were suppose to have been miraclized, but jews at that time and today don't believe such things happened.
Did Jesus just become popular as time went on? Seems so, because no christians know anything about him personally.
good friend

Ah. At last. A response...."I don't know their names, because I guess they weren't important enough to record back then."

The reason is because they weren't important(you guess)....

First off we shouldn't be guessing....

How many? No one knows....It could be a few, but the Roman Legions were known for the 4 large massacres of the Jewish uprisings around the time of Jesus....

Why would Jesus and his disciples standout in history, when so many were slaughtered and not recorded either, by philosophers, religous, state or individual writers?
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

O.K. genius, tell us what you were desiring for God to do with Billy Grahm by your statement........."May God find him a nice quite(his spelling)out of the way place in a HOT COMMUNITY where the SUN NEVER SHINES.r statement?""".. ...Are you to stupid to understad your own words, or just to big a liar to admit it? Or perhaps both.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Robert.
You said to BlackSheep.....I am saying that belief is based on experience and knowledge....
I say belief is MOSTLY based on family/culture, hand-me-down tradition, indoctrination, and the part of the world you reside.
Born to an Italian family, very good chance you will be raised and learn the belief of catholicism ONLY.(nothing to do with experience knowledge)
Born to a middle eastern family, very good chance you will be raised to learn the belief and worship Allah and Islam ONLY!(nothing to do with experience knowledge)
Born at 67 main street in america raised a roman catholic. Born across the street at 68 main street in america raised a protestant.
location, location, location! more often than NOT determines how and who people worship..........or no worship at all.
A very small percentage of people in our world actually have a belief based on experience or seeking out knowledge.
good friend

I can agree that "most" are affected by their culture,society, traditions.

I know what you are trying to say but "experience" is the more inclusive way to relate to beliefs. To be "mostly" right is not being right....

The reason experience trumps tradtion, is that persons are affected by their environment, and psychology comes into play, i.e. family units affecting beliefs(which is what you are talking about).
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I dont think so, YOU ACCUSED ME OF TAKING PLEASURE IN HIM BEING SENT TO HELL BY GOD.
THAT POST IS NOT INDICATIVE OF THE WORD "PLEASURE".
Your statement was that your desire(PLESAURE) was ...MAY GOD GRANT HIM ....and your reference was in hell. Deny it all you want, your words are there for the world to see. Lying won't change them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
For centuries long before Jesus, came others in the mediteranean who claimed to be sons of God, claimed to offer eternal salvation if you believed them. How could that be? Wouldn't one today believe that the elements of christianity would be entirely UNIQUE to christianity, that being son of God, and offering eternal salvation would be a FIRST!! Not so according to world history. Its old hat.
Even during the era of Jesus we know others who claimed to be messiahs, and all of a sudden along comes yet! wait for it!........ Jesus, another messiah, son of God, one in a long line of previous messiah wannabes, who also promises eternal salvation, exactly as the mythical man/gods who lived centuries before. What are the odds that Jesus would come along with exactly the same presentation as all the others that came before? Astronomical!
If all the previous mythical man/gods in our world history could have put COPYWRITES on all their customs, traditions and elements of belief, christianity could have never started, because most of what christianity claims, was claimed 1,000 years before Jesus was a twinkle in St Pauls eye.
.....something is wrong!
good friend

And there are many that claimed to be a messiah after Jesus.

If we are talking odds, and being astronomical here, then lets look at Pascal's Wager?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_Wager

What do you think about it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert. What happened to what I was discussing earlier? Former man/gods who practiced customs/traditions the same that christians practice?
Anyway christian martyrs you say. How many were there? I don't know. Google any "catholic website" that says christian martyrs and their list will come up?
Google any "Islam" website about martyrs and their list will come up about their martyrs.
When David Keresh claimed to have martyred himself 20 years ago, most people today would say that is crazy. Any catholic today claiming to want to martyr themselves would be declared crazy.
Whats the point?
Look at Pascals Wager

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_Wager
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
Have I misunderstood something? Somebody rejoicing about some souls who are doomed to hell??
That is wicked and evil and I couldn't wish that on my worst enemy!! What the hell kind of horrible person thinks that way?
PRESTON
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>I was not one from 5 or so Friday til Saturday about 2 and seen all kinds of neg judies on you so get over it......lol
lol, you can lie to others and get away with it but you cant lie with topix.

7th Day Catholics Rock
Poplar Bluff, MO
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
3 hrs ago

preston
Waverly, OH
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
3 hrs ago

preston
Waverly, OH
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
3 hrs ago

7th Day Catholics Rock
Poplar Bluff, MO
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
3 hrs ago

YOU POSTED RIGHT AFTER I DID, ANYONE CAN LOOK AT THE POST NUMBERS.

MY LAST NUMBER WAS 36 AND YOURS WAS 37.SO YOU WERE HERE AND YOU DONT CELEBRATE SHABATT ANYWAY, THE DEVIL AND HIS FOLLOWERS(LIKE YOU) CARE NOTHING FOR GODS DAY OF REST FOR THE JEWS
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, I meant hell, stupid.
I was just being polite.
That is even worse than to imply what I forst thought your gest was implying.

May Lord forgive you seeing how you are unstable in all your ways.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
O.K. genius, tell us what you were desiring for God to do with Billy Grahm by your statement........."May God find him a nice quite(his spelling)out of the way place in a HOT COMMUNITY where the SUN NEVER SHINES.r statement?""".. ...Are you to stupid to understad your own words, or just to big a liar to admit it? Or perhaps both.
If you were a Christian then you could easily undestand what I am saying about this false teacher.

liar and false teachers have a spot reserved for them in hell, it is sad that you dont know that.It can become a sport to habitual liars to prey on innocent people,like you are trying to do with shery by insisting that I took pleasure in graham going to hell

BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN THAT I TAKE PLEASURE IN ANY SOUL GOING TO HELL, SO DONT LIE AND SAY THAT I DO, IT ISNT TRUE.

false witness shall not be unpunished and he that speaketh lies shall not escape." - Proverbs 19:5

Revelation 21:8 that, " ... all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

the Truth is that Jesus' Way is the only, real practical way.and graham has married himself to other false teachers who do not beleive in the Sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross

The one who is a habitual liar and the one who is an, "occasional" liar must both face the Eternal Judge one day with all their, "convenient" lies exposed!

They must face the truth that they will be, "outside the gates" of Heaven and end up rather in a fiery lake of conscious, eternal torment if they persist in a life of falsehood.

Here is what I believe. Satan knows he cannot stop people from hearing The Message of Repentance and he knows people will feel convicted and guilty and respond.

So the Devil raises up False Ministers of Righteousness, who are Ministers of Darkness and whose true God is the mansions and wealth and prestige that preaching the devil's dogma provides.

Billy Graham, John Haggee, Tim La Haye, Joel Olsteen, Rick Warren, Hal Lindsay, Benny Hinn, T.D. Jakes, Paula A. White, Charles Stanley, THE DEVIL HAS A PASTOR FOR YOU, TO HELP LEAD YOU ASTRAY!
WE ARE EITHER WALKING THE STRAIGHT AND NARROW PATH TO ETERNAL LIFE, AS JESUS TAUGHT IN MATT:7:13.

OR WE ARE FOLLOWING BILLY GRAHAM, JERRY FALWELL, PAT ROBERTSON AND PASTOR BAPTIST ON THE "HIGHWAY TO HELL"

Don't lose heart! Place your trust in God for Jesus is coming for His True Followers, His Faithful Remnant, in The First of Two Raptures.(Rev:3:10).

GOD BLESS YOU IN THESE END TIMES

Pastor Harry/CH of PHL-INT

http://www.satansrapture.com/billygram.htm
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>That is even worse than to imply what I forst thought your gest was implying.
May Lord forgive you seeing how you are unstable in all your ways.
I. His Enmity With God

Graham has "reached more than 200 million people in person, and millions more have heard him on radio, television, and film" (ibid., inside front dust jacket). Graham is "Hailed as the world's preacher" (ibid.) and "one of the world's most beloved and respected leaders" (ibid., inside back dust jacket). If Graham was a man of God, the world would not love him so.

The Bible teaches that those who are Christ's will be hated by the world (1 John 3:13; 2 Timothy 3:12; John 17:14). But Graham is of the world (1 John 4:5; 5:19), and therefore "beloved and respected." Jesus said to his disciples,

If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.(John 15:19)

JESUS KNEW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT, YOU SONS OF SATAN HATE ME.LOL
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Luke 6:26 says,

Woe to you when men speak well of you, for so did their fathers to the false prophets (Majority text
Clayo

Oslo, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
O.K. Let me get this straight: In order to have a legitimate reason to 'complain' about wholesale injustice on BOTH sides of the fence, I need to vote for an evil candidate on one or the other side? Got it. This sounds like Catholic Logic 101! And everyone can see how this sort of logic has failed the church - they are paying big time, and will continue to pay. Same-same with the government sector. We "just keep doing it" the way we have "always been doing it" because the payoff is so grand!
-
Swell. The lawyers are happy.
-
Oh yeah, by the way...the Catholic church has lost too much power to the corporate street and politicians via the *pedophile scandal* to be able to launch any sort of control mechanism upon the world's citizens. In other words: The Catholic hierarchy is now made impotent for having indulged itself in illegitimate *sex*. It's really quite funny how that has worked out, isn't it?
What's funny, is you think there are only two candidates on the ballot. Apparently you never voted. Lol.
You need to get out and see the world more.(you still think Nebraska used to be a bustling forest)
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Graham doesn't judge them, because he is not a spiritual man (1 Corinthians 2:15) and he does not believe Jesus Christ who said,

No one comes to the Father except through me.(John 14:6).

Also, Graham's friendship with people of false religions (Mormons, Muslims, Catholics, Buddhists), also reveals Graham's Satanic connection, as James 4:4 says,

Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.(see also 2 Chronicles 19:2; Psalm 15:4; 31:6)

Graham has made himself an enemy of God and is therefore at enmity with Him.

Immediately after Graham's statement above, Larry King asks,

How do you feel when you see a lot of these strong Christian leaders go on television and say, you are condemned, you will live in hell if you do not accept Jesus Christ, and they are forceful and judgmental?

GRAHAM: Well, they have a right to say that, and they are true to a certain extent, but I don't -- that's not my calling.

Graham says, "that's not my calling," because he does not believe the gospel; that is, that you will indeed go to hell and suffer eternal torment if you do not receive Jesus Christ (Revelation 21:8).

II. HIS ABORTIONS

Graham believes in the killing of babies. In The Billy Graham Christian Worker's Handbook (copyright 1997 edition) it says,

Billy Graham writes: "We should accept abortion in these cases: rape or incest or if the delivery of the child is a threat to a mother's life." (p. 19, bold added, hard copy on file, see also BGEA's email concerning this statement)

In the 1996 copyright revised 2001 edition it says,

Even sincere Christians may differ on whether or not abortion is ever justified, especially in difficult situations such as rape or incest, or when tests reveal that the unborn child has severe abnormalities.(The Billy Graham Christian Worker's Handbook, p. 21)

This is absolutely horrid! God says, "You shall not murder" (Exodus 20:13). Killing an unborn c
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

continue:The God of the Bible is indeed "ready to send to hell all those who offend Him." Please note Matthew 5:22.
But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother,'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says,'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.(See also Psalm 7:11-13.)
A similar example of Graham's false god (not the God of the Bible) can be found in his book, Answers To Life's Problems (copyright 1988). On page 130, a wicked person asks,
I know God is mad at me because of the way I have been living. How can I get him back on my side? My life is on a deadend road unless I change, I know, but how can I win God's approval when I have so many bad things against me?
Part of Graham's answer is, "God is on your side. God is not mad at you, but at your sin." (p. 131) The god Graham describes here is not the God of the Bible! For the God of the Bible says, "God is angry with the wicked every day." (Psalm 7:11; see also Psalm 5:5-6; 11:5-6; Ephesians 2:1-3, "children of wrath")
IV. HIS FALSE GOSPEL
In Graham's book, Unto the Hills (copyright 1986), Graham writes,
Man has two great spiritual needs. One is forgiveness. The other is for goodness. Consciously or unconsciously, his inner being longs for both.(p. 234)
It is a lie to say that man "longs" for "goodness", because Scripture says, "An evil man seeks only rebellion;" (Proverbs 17:11), and "The soul of the wicked desires evil;" (Proverbs 21:10). Graham's statement above is the exact opposite of Paul's gospel in Romans 3:11-12 which says, "There is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one." To long for goodness would be doing something which is good. Men without God do no good (Isaiah 64:6; Romans 3:12).
In Graham's book, Answers To Life's Problems, on page 62 Graham writes,
Inside each one of us there is a hunger for God. We may not recognize it, but each of us senses emptiness and a hunger for something. I suspect that your son has been looking for something to fill that spiritual void in his life, and if he has found Christ his spiritual emptiness has been met.
Wicked men do not "hunger for God" (see Psalm 10:3-4)! There is no spiritual emptiness to fill! Scripture never speaks of any such "spiritual void" or "emptiness." Instead, it says that, "they are filled with all unrighteousness" (Romans 1:29), and their hearts "are full of evil" (Ecclesiastes 9:3). Ephesians 2:2 says of those who do not know Christ that "the prince of the power of the air" is the spirit who "now works in the sons of disobedience." In other words, an evil spirit works in those who are without Christ. There is no emptiness. There is a wicked spirit there doing his evil work.
Graham's gospel is just the opposite of God's. God's gospel describes man as utterly lost with no desire for God whatsoever (apart from the work of God, John 6:44; Romans 1:16-32; 3:10-18). Graham's gospel describes man as one who actually hungers for God, which flatters the sinner (Romans 16:18) and is a lie.
Another example of this can be found on page 220-221 in Answers To Life's Problems where Graham responds to a person who says they "feel empty inside".
... when we leave God out of our lives, it leaves a blank or empty space that nothing can fully fill. No matter how hard we try or what means we use - material possessions, money, pleasure, drugs, or whatever - the emptiness is still there.
Scripture says no such thing.
http://www.atruechurch.info/graham.html
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

NASCAR ON NOW>

my redneck attitude is gonna come out now.lol
Clayo

Oslo, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like abortion, at all; but I understand it. I have offered to raise a child just so the mother would not have an abortion.
Here are some questions for you.
1. Want would we do with 2 million more babies every year?
2. Can you force a parent to be a good parent?
3. Who is going to pay for these babies and the babies that they are going to grow up and have?
4. Is there any reason, in your opinion, that is good enough to allow an abortion?
5. Can you think of a better way to stop unwanted pregnancies?
My personal answers to your questions:

1. We need to love them. Period.

2. We can't 'force' a parent to be a good parent. But we can create a society that more reflects Christ. Then the rest will take care of itself.

3. When talking about a human life, all is priceless. Its for God and by God.

4. There is no reason to end a life. We are not the architects of a human life, and we have no business or authority to stop it once its set forth.

5. The best way to stop unwanted pregnancies is to cease using sex (outside the covenant of marriage) for recreational purposes. Its easier said then done I know. But before the Protestant Sexual Revolution, human life was coveted and within the sacrament of Marriage. If we go back to the way society was before recreational sex became the norm, we would greatly reduce unwanted pregnancies... Certainly abortion is not
The antidote to our promiscuous culture, which I blame on the Protestant 'designer' Christianity they ushered into this country. Again, that is my personal opinion.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, you can lie to others and get away with it but you cant lie with topix.
7th Day Catholics Rock
Poplar Bluff, MO
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
3 hrs ago
preston
Waverly, OH
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
3 hrs ago
preston
Waverly, OH
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
3 hrs ago
7th Day Catholics Rock
Poplar Bluff, MO
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
3 hrs ago
YOU POSTED RIGHT AFTER I DID, ANYONE CAN LOOK AT THE POST NUMBERS.
MY LAST NUMBER WAS 36 AND YOURS WAS 37.SO YOU WERE HERE AND YOU DONT CELEBRATE SHABATT ANYWAY, THE DEVIL AND HIS FOLLOWERS(LIKE YOU) CARE NOTHING FOR GODS DAY OF REST FOR THE JEWS
I think I know when I was on here or not. I was off here from around 5 Friday til somewhere around the time frame of 2 o'clock Saturday so stop you Lies.

As far as the Sabbath goes Christ himself kept it and showed that it was beingg took to extremes and was still OK to do good on the Sabbath. Christ is our REST he is Lord of The Sabbath. We will be spendung a Thousand year Sabbath with him before the final judgemet.
Day or a year is as a Thousand years with God he is not limited to a 24 hour literal day here on this earth. It is simplified so man can understand the times and seasons and mystrey's the are to come.

P.S. I thought you was taking a Sabbath from reading my post etc.

What another LIE ?
Clayo

Oslo, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Oops. I put an o at the end of my name. Clayo has a nice ring to it.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I. His Enmity With God
Graham has "reached more than 200 million people in person, and millions more have heard him on radio, television, and film" (ibid., inside front dust jacket). Graham is "Hailed as the world's preacher" (ibid.) and "one of the world's most beloved and respected leaders" (ibid., inside back dust jacket). If Graham was a man of God, the world would not love him so.
The Bible teaches that those who are Christ's will be hated by the world (1 John 3:13; 2 Timothy 3:12; John 17:14). But Graham is of the world (1 John 4:5; 5:19), and therefore "beloved and respected." Jesus said to his disciples,
If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.(John 15:19)
JESUS KNEW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT, YOU SONS OF SATAN HATE ME.LOL
No hate just feel sorry for YOU and hope and pray someday the Lord will open your eyes before it is to late. You need to work on your own house/self before you can even think about helping others.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 385,201 - 385,220 of529,612
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

604 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Charlie Sheen 255,509
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Godspeakinginmydreamslol 715,829
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 5 min NWmoon 221,361
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min Godspeakinginmydreamslol 93,113
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Buck Crick 223,012
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min Godspeakinginmydreamslol 114,520
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 14 min RiccardoFire 36,376
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min Lyndi 171,384
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr blueberry 57