Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595632 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#400041 Nov 3, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you need to address that question to PAD, he is the person tha commented that he wouldnt vote for Obama because he is rich(little over a million, which aint bad) and i pointed out that romney is many times richer than Obama.
sometimes people are hypocrites,PAD cetainly qualifies.
Preston says........you need to address that question to PAD.

Sorry Preston, my mistake.

ps I did not give you any negative judgies.
preston

Waverly, OH

#400042 Nov 3, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston says........you need to address that question to PAD.
Sorry Preston, my mistake.
ps I did not give you any negative judgies.
I only have to look and see that the sda cultist is on line to know where those negative icons come from.he does it on almost every post that i make. grade school mentality rules his life.

No Problem
preston

Waverly, OH

#400043 Nov 3, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Very well stated I just can't belive the very few that support him don't see it.
just to help you out(you really need i) but it was alink that I used and I believe that I showed the link, if not who cares.I certainly dont care what either of you two think, along with 4bdn

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston is manipulating. Anything to draw attention to himself and to than to berate other's.
Very well stated I just can't belive the very few that support him don't see
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#400044 Nov 3, 2012
preston wrote:
any posts made to me after these next few minutes will be missed by me if that is ok with you sda cultist.
when the temp drops, the shingles begin to hurt even more.
O'TAY........LOL.........I look forward to it.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#400045 Nov 3, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
good friend
You're putting to much into your response, for me to reply in any meaningful way....
Although I understand your resolve in trying to make your point clear, I am left with picking and choosing only a point or two, and that gets nowhere fast....
Here is what happens when I see your writings....
You make a statement, and then ask why?
Then you add to your orginal statement and conclude everything is suspect....
You make a third and fourth statement and again ask why?
So lets go back to dialoguing, and you answer my original question. If you can't then we can be aware, that we can probe together, and there is something in common we share, and move toward understanding....
Here is the question:
"Can you tell me some of the names, or even approximately the number of Christians crucified in the Roman Empire starting at about 30 AD onward? If not, then why can't you explain....This is always your position on why you don't believe in Jesus.(It just doesn't make sense.)
For centuries long before Jesus, came others in the mediteranean who claimed to be sons of God, claimed to offer eternal salvation if you believed them. How could that be? Wouldn't one today believe that the elements of christianity would be entirely UNIQUE to christianity, that being son of God, and offering eternal salvation would be a FIRST!! Not so according to world history. Its old hat.

Even during the era of Jesus we know others who claimed to be messiahs, and all of a sudden along comes yet! wait for it!........ Jesus, another messiah, son of God, one in a long line of previous messiah wannabes, who also promises eternal salvation, exactly as the mythical man/gods who lived centuries before. What are the odds that Jesus would come along with exactly the same presentation as all the others that came before? Astronomical!

If all the previous mythical man/gods in our world history could have put COPYWRITES on all their customs, traditions and elements of belief, christianity could have never started, because most of what christianity claims, was claimed 1,000 years before Jesus was a twinkle in St Pauls eye.

.....something is wrong!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#400046 Nov 3, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it unreasonable that I ask you to be honest enough to say that the "10 commandments" will need to be presented first, in order for me to accept your belief as you say it?
How is unreasonable with me asking why you only believe in a part of Jesus, yet say you will say that you "believe Jesus completely"?
You are the one talking out of two sides of your mouth.
But you'll, more than likely (as you have) refuse to see it this way, because I've pointed out those aspects of your belief that strike the core of your fundamentalism of belief.
I'm sorry if I have shown you the essence of your error, but since all these other so-called "half-Christians" won't - because they also CHOOSE to be dishonest with themselves and others about these truths - I have no qualms about doing so and bringing it to the table, because these truths are the same truths that Jesus taught.
Honesty begins within and is then shown outwardly once exhibited.
Move past the words and understand their meanings.
Self.
NASL

You keep asking me to be honest.

You seem to have a problem with honesty?(soliloquy)Always accussing someone else of being dishonest....(soliloquy)

Somehow you have honesty at the core of enlightenment, IMHO, or a means of being enlightened....(Sounds a bit like getting "clear" in Scientology.)

Here is the problem. One needs a switch to be turned on, in order for the lights to come on....I think the Person of Jesus is the One that makes the circuit complet to turn on the light. Someone can still keep their eyes closed and not see the light....So no matter how much you cry for honesty,(which I think you mean of some kind of denial away from Jesus being the One), my eye is still whole, and open. Complain as you might, I am still and have been honest.

Your observation that there are some half-Christians on here that choose to be dishonest....(Its not my problem of seperating out the sheep and the goats.) We all might be surprised....
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#400047 Nov 3, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your distorted comments, continues to prove how "out of touch" you REALLY ARE about ANYTHING..... Billy Graham embraces the teachings of the Catholic Church as Christian (as well as Pope Benedict). There is "no comparison" to his evangelistic (ecumentical bible ministry) in which he sees ALL CHRISTIANS as in (one body--one spirit in Christ -----VS------- Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1, OLDJG, jethro8, New Age and the rest of the bible only (anti-catholic, anti-church) heretics on this forum, who are the "self-appointed" 42,196+ conflicting (paper pope-bible (mis)interpreters. These are the half-truth, half-heresy Christians-----definitely NOT--- Billy Graham
HOJO, I always post good things about you.

Gods #1 priority are people who post good things about others.

Read your posts? You are DOOOMMMEED!!

7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#400048 Nov 3, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
Guess whos coming home tomorrow??? Yes,its Hermi!!! He is getting stronger BUT doctors are still puzzeled by his illness.We(me ad the nurse chihuahua..lol) will e taking over is care.Thanks so so much for ALL your prayers and keep them coming till we find the cause.....
Wonderful News !!! Yahweh Bless

Location hidden

#400049 Nov 3, 2012
First off, if I have said it yet - thanks for the dialogue. It's been charming.
:o)
<quoted text>
...says men. "God" never stated this.
<quoted text>
....says men. "God" never stated this.
<quoted text>
True.
<quoted text>
Incorrect. I've posted to enlighten others.
Your perception of my posts, and lately - the only one who is inquisitive enough to have a conversation (no matter what the direction is), hopefully is giving others information and will help them learn and to understand my belief.
Shoot - many on this forum act is afraid to go out and research it on there own.
<quoted text>
If you really want to be specific, the roots of Gnosticism actually go further back than these past 2000 years.
This book is a very good reference of its origins.
http://www.amazon.com/Gnostic-Philosophy-Anci...
<quoted text>
Maybe you should consider Gnosticism the next step of enlightenment, now that you've seem to understand the incomplete philosophies of the Bible.
NASL

I try to be informative as well.

IMHO Gnosticism is a western term, the semitic term is Baal....

The philosphies that come out of the Bible are more than enough for me....Thank you anyway....

I suspect the gnostic view to be quite ancient....

Location hidden

#400050 Nov 3, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
For centuries long before Jesus, came others in the mediteranean who claimed to be sons of God, claimed to offer eternal salvation if you believed them. How could that be? Wouldn't one today believe that the elements of christianity would be entirely UNIQUE to christianity, that being son of God, and offering eternal salvation would be a FIRST!! Not so according to world history. Its old hat.
Even during the era of Jesus we know others who claimed to be messiahs, and all of a sudden along comes yet! wait for it!........ Jesus, another messiah, son of God, one in a long line of previous messiah wannabes, who also promises eternal salvation, exactly as the mythical man/gods who lived centuries before. What are the odds that Jesus would come along with exactly the same presentation as all the others that came before? Astronomical!
If all the previous mythical man/gods in our world history could have put COPYWRITES on all their customs, traditions and elements of belief, christianity could have never started, because most of what christianity claims, was claimed 1,000 years before Jesus was a twinkle in St Pauls eye.
.....something is wrong!
good friend

Your right....something is wrong....So calm down. Lets take it one step at a time again....

Please see if you can answer my question. It is the third time now I ask it...,

"Can you tell me some of the names, or even approximately the number of Christians crucified in the Roman Empire starting at about 30 AD onward? Lets work on the "why" you can't together....

I have and am ready to agree that something is wrong....
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#400051 Nov 3, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I only have to look and see that the sda cultist is on line to know where those negative icons come from.he does it on almost every post that i make. grade school mentality rules his life.
No Problem
I was not one from 5 or so Friday til Saturday about 2 and seen all kinds of neg judies on you so get over it......lol
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#400052 Nov 3, 2012
Happy Sabbath !!!!

Location hidden

#400053 Nov 3, 2012
<quoted text>
Please show me where I've specifically stated that "God" does not exist.
If you do read my posts and understand them, I've stated the following:
a. Prove that "God" exists....in some paraphrased manner
b. "God" has no control over this realm - our reality
c. Our Father, the Unknowable One in some circles, is the true being of our origins.
Remember - please be specific.
Thanks.
NASL

If Creation exists, then does that mean God does or does not exist?

Be honest....You know that philosphical proofs have gone on for ages on proving God's existence. And you ask me to give you more proof....(smile)

Here is the delemma. Gnosticism does not acknowledge the God of the Old Testament as being God. Gnosticism has two views(smile). God is the head of the angels, and God is an angel. And that God manifests in pairs(opposites) such as male and female.

But as usual, Gnosticism calling God is not God, but God is the Unknowable Divine Being, makes God beyond being "touched". It removes the God of the Old Testament, and so I must point out it breaks the 1st Commandment
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

So that makes Gnosticism break how many of the Commandments so far?
Is it 4 or 5? I think that is the 5th one I have shown you....

Location hidden

#400054 Nov 3, 2012
<quoted text>
I've never said "Jesus is salvation".
- What I've stated - in no uncertain terms - is that ALL of his teachings will give you the salvation you seek.
<quoted text>
This is somewhat accurate - in a sense, but the way you state it, it seems to show that you limit what enlightenment is.
NASL

:)

Location hidden

#400055 Nov 3, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
Guess whos coming home tomorrow??? Yes,its Hermi!!! He is getting stronger BUT doctors are still puzzeled by his illness.We(me ad the nurse chihuahua..lol) will e taking over is care.Thanks so so much for ALL your prayers and keep them coming till we find the cause.....
good friend

So glad to hear of the good news....

He is still in my prayers.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#400056 Nov 3, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO, I always post good things about you.
Gods #1 priority are people who post good things about others.
Read your posts? You are DOOOMMMEED!!
I thought that you didn't believe in God or believe in ANYTHING that is connected with HIM such as Jesus Christ. Did you have a "brief memory lapse" or are you beginning to finally "wake up" to the TRUTH!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#400057 Nov 3, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And, HOJO, you have been blinded by Satan....
False teachers are a dime a dozen...go figure....
Billy Graham, also, teaches ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED....
So what you are telling us is that you are a Catholic who believes in ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED if you believe in Billy Graham...
Truth---you continue to "make up things" just like the majority of "bible only Protestants" have ALWAYS done! Just because I support and acknowledge that Billy Graham is a Christian, just as he supports the Catholic Faith doesn't mean that I necessarily agree with everything that he believes. You bible only buffoons, continue to "paddle around in circles" in your bible only boat of condemnation and judgment of other Christians in TOTAL "confusion and chaos". Until you come to the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His spoken, stated and expressed words "IN THE GOSPEL" you continue to remain "just the like the Prodigal Son" in Luke 15:11, defiant, and rebellious, remaining on the outside of the TRUTH---always looking in at Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, the Bride of Christ.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#400058 Nov 3, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
good friend
Your right....something is wrong....So calm down. Lets take it one step at a time again....
Please see if you can answer my question. It is the third time now I ask it...,
"Can you tell me some of the names, or even approximately the number of Christians crucified in the Roman Empire starting at about 30 AD onward? Lets work on the "why" you can't together....
I have and am ready to agree that something is wrong....
Robert. What happened to what I was discussing earlier? Former man/gods who practiced customs/traditions the same that christians practice?

Anyway christian martyrs you say. How many were there? I don't know. Google any "catholic website" that says christian martyrs and their list will come up?

Google any "Islam" website about martyrs and their list will come up about their martyrs.

When David Keresh claimed to have martyred himself 20 years ago, most people today would say that is crazy. Any catholic today claiming to want to martyr themselves would be declared crazy.

Whats the point?

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#400059 Nov 3, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that you didn't believe in God or believe in ANYTHING that is connected with HIM such as Jesus Christ. Did you have a "brief memory lapse" or are you beginning to finally "wake up" to the TRUTH!
I am not a believer in the trinity. Is there a God? I don't know, and neither do you. Its a belief.

I used the term God just to make a point about how you act towards others and that your premise about God is that he is suppose to love everyone. You sure don't sound like it with your constant negative comments about anyone not catholic........except billy graham.

If there is a God, I doubt he is anything close to how you vision him/her/it.

Location hidden

#400060 Nov 3, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert.
I don't know their names, because I guess they weren't important enough to record back then.
Jesus is claimed to be the greatest man that ever lived according to christians TODAY!, in CHRISTIAN ONLY HISTORY, yet no christians know his birthdate, don't know what he did for a living, don't know what he looked like, and the most important dates of all, the death and resurrection and no one thought he was important enough to record that. Christians today argue over two different burial sites..........thats not good!
The gospels are suppose to be the cornerstone to christian writings yet no one knows any of the dates they were written, where they were written, and no one can verify with any certainty that the names associated with the gospel writers are the actual people who wrote them. Outside of christian only writings there is nothing mentioned in our world history of miraculous birth, 12 apostles, or crucifixion. Remember there were suppose to have been many thousands of jewish witnesses to this mans good deeds, and the only few who recorded anything became christians. AGENDA???
Julius Caesar an important man in WORLD HISTORY, about 100 years before the Jesus story was born JULY 13, 100 BCE. Died March 15, 44 BCE. Occupations: Was a roman statesman, general, author. There are actual statues still around depicting the likeness appearance of Julius Caesar. You can buy coins today from that era with the stamping of Julius Caesar himself on these coins from 2100 years ago.
There is no evidence left behind to indicate that a Jesus actually lived and died. The shroud of Turin is claimed to be a fake by many experts, yet the catholic church keeps it as a holy relic but DOES NOT indicate, or know, with any certainty that they believe its the burial cloth.
If someone was important to others in history, they are usually recorded in our world history. The only history recorded about a Jesus is christian ONLY history.
Thousands of jews were suppose to have been miraclized, but jews at that time and today don't believe such things happened.
Did Jesus just become popular as time went on? Seems so, because no christians know anything about him personally.
good friend

Ah. At last. A response...."I don't know their names, because I guess they weren't important enough to record back then."

The reason is because they weren't important(you guess)....

First off we shouldn't be guessing....

How many? No one knows....It could be a few, but the Roman Legions were known for the 4 large massacres of the Jewish uprisings around the time of Jesus....

Why would Jesus and his disciples standout in history, when so many were slaughtered and not recorded either, by philosophers, religous, state or individual writers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Zoltaire 853,019
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 26 min ChristineM 444,021
Can a White Pride Group not be labeled a racist... (Apr '07) 45 min UnderstandPeople 6,081
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 100,620
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ2 272,020
Computer THREATS DISAPPEARING from Topix!: un F... 2 hr who 17
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Student 40,679
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr truth 612,577
The Christian Atheist debate 4 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 726
More from around the web