Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#400021 Nov 3, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Did it ever occur to you,that Obama used the environmental studies and impact to twart any future goal to improve our own independence from Arab and Venequelan oil.
Obama is putting the kabosh on many attempts to improve our own oil refineries.He did not contend or debate Romney when told his policies halted the the continuance of improving oil refineries. We know for a fact as well that Obama taxes the hell out of small busnines,or tather puts so many limitations on them.I have to run.preston,I can disagree with you without hostility,so remember that when you post okay?
Sorry, PAD...I have to disagree with you....

Congress are the ones who passes the laws, NOT the president....

President cannot enact a law, only the congress....

President enforces the laws....

Only changes under the declaration of an emergency and/or marshal law.....has never existed in this nation except during times of war....specifically the Civil War...when Lincoln suspended the right of Habeas Corpus...

The Habeas Corpus Act was an English statute enacted in 1679 during the reign of King Charles II. It was subsequently amended and supple-mented by enactments of Parliament that permitted, in certain cases, a person to challenge the legality of his or her imprisonment before a court that ordered the person to appear before it at a designated time so that it could render its decision. The Habeas Corpus Act served as the precursor of Habeas Corpus provisions found in U.S. federal and state constitutions and statutes that safeguard the guarantee of personal liberty.
preston

Waverly, OH

#400022 Nov 3, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
preston,it is not my place to criticize posters on this forum who claim to be gay,their personal habits are their own business.
As a matter of fact preston,I do not remember anything about John from NJ being gay.Now if that is the John you are talking about? There was a man on this forum a long time back who claimed to be gay, and I often told him his lifestyle was basically destructive.
We are not suppose to condemn people,as Jesus came not to condemn but to save.
at no time did I suggest to you that John was a homosexual, what I said was that 4bdn made that type of remark to him. try reading what is said in the future.

and 4bdn was rebuked by others on this forum for that remark as it was very filthy, WHICH IS WHY I CALL HIM A POTTY MOUTH TYPE PERSON
marge

Ames, IA

#400023 Nov 3, 2012
what about Gif and KM, not sure where they live. Over.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#400024 Nov 3, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>this post about obama being rich is one of the dumbest that you have ever wrote and you have wrote some doozies.
In December 2007, the Obama family was estimated at at net worth of $1.3 million
As President you earn $200,000 -300,000 dollars, but you pay for nothing so no one knows exactly how much he is worth.
before the depression of mr bushes a few years ago, cathie and I were worth thaat much with our investments in land etc. so that isnt very much today.
WASHINGTON (AP)ó Just how rich is Mitt Romney? Add up the wealth of the last eight presidents, from Richard Nixon to Barack Obama. Then double that number. Now youíre in Romney territory.
Now you dont wish to vote for Obama becaused he is rich(?)
but look at romney, he made those millions thanks to the help of his false religion and the crookedness of his daddy.
Obama didnt have that type of help, what he has, he worked for and went to school to get a great education, just like cathie and I have done.
AMEN, Preston!!!!

On student loans and pell grants and maybe some scholarships....

Please people....DO YOUR RESEARCH.....

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#400025 Nov 3, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>To the Jews Chrsitianity is a cult.And their opinion is quite respected,as Christianity came out of Judaism.
Jesus was no doubt the main and most endearing figure of Christianity.BUT the truth is,Jesus not only gave His life,but He introduced to the world,and especially to the JEW first,personally,the KINGDOM of His Father.That is the key to understanding Christ. What His relationship was and IS with the Father of Lights.
The Jews and other religious bodies such as the Muslims,may feel that Christianity is idol worship and so on,but the truth is that the Followers of Christ have displayed the real essence of the Kingdom of God.Nevertheless,there is the human factor in all of this,and we may have failed miserably at times.But when comparing all facets of this Christian era,Christians have proven time and time again,that they are engaged in the ultimate movement of helping this planet to find God in all of His fulness and Mercy,most of all love.Christians of every affiliation,and groups like the Mormons,have shown to the world, that they are willing to go the extra mile to help the unfortunate,and to give to the uttermost to alleviate poverty and victims of disasters.
WHAT!?!? Did you really believe that?

First: God knows and knew everything, right?

Then he made man, right?

He knew, whether you believe that it was 6,000 to 3.75 billion, years ago, that man would fail. That means that either he knew that his plan would fail and did it anyway or he doesn't know everything.

Then he wipe out all the living creatures, except for some sea life and that which boarded the ark. He knew from the very beginning that they would fail too!!!!! And why did he kill all those animals? They didn't do anything wrong.

Then he let the failed human race populate the planet! Knowing that most of them would be damned to hell! How cruel is that?

Then he finally decided that he needed to do something. Well, he really didn't just decided, did he? No. He knew from the very beginning that he was going to do this, yet he waited until all those poor souls were damned to hell.

The final great mistake; he only showed himself to a very small portion of the Earth, thus damning the rest of the world.

Does any of this make sense to you? If it does, run to the nearest mental health hospital and check yourself in.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#400026 Nov 3, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
For your information, I have been to three of Billy Grahams Crusades over the past 40 years (as a Protestant and as a Catholic) so I know "exactly" what I am talking about and you "preston" (with all due respect) have "no idea as to what you are talking about!!
And, HOJO, you have been blinded by Satan....

False teachers are a dime a dozen...go figure....

Billy Graham, also, teaches ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED....

So what you are telling us is that you are a Catholic who believes in ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED if you believe in Billy Graham...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#400027 Nov 3, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Robert.
Robert says......Your problem about getting something written down at the time of Jesus living, is your problem. I don't share it. Miracles are counter-culture. The life, death,, and ressurection of Jesus is counter-culture. Even John the Baptist(so called the greatist prophet), little is recorded of him....So you tell me why?
Michael says........after 2,000 years why does only 1 out of 5 people in our world follow the belief, and again most are born into it and believe what they were taught.
When only one very small select group of people in our world history describe a man as a miracle worker (history says there were many that claimed the same thing long before Jesus) then maybe none of it is true the way it is written.
There are more fiction books written than non fiction.
You have a belief. I was born into that belief, and according to the bishops in america today only 1 in 4 roman catholics actually practices their faith today. Not very good considering all the coaching parents do to convince their children about this man.
If there was a smoking gun of truth, the whole world would believe. 2,000 years and we are not even close for a man that christians ONLY claim was the greatest man that ever lived, and only one small select group of people believe it.
If God really wanted our world to progress to christianity, appearing to us as he supposedly did in the past, would certainly help the credability along. Why wouldn't God want everyone in our world on the same page and show himself to create a world that would completely do away with hatred of others.
A world we would ALL EMBRACE.........I ain't seeing it.
good friend

You're putting to much into your response, for me to reply in any meaningful way....

Although I understand your resolve in trying to make your point clear, I am left with picking and choosing only a point or two, and that gets nowhere fast....

Here is what happens when I see your writings....

You make a statement, and then ask why?
Then you add to your orginal statement and conclude everything is suspect....

You make a third and fourth statement and again ask why?

So lets go back to dialoguing, and you answer my original question. If you can't then we can be aware, that we can probe together, and there is something in common we share, and move toward understanding....

Here is the question:

"Can you tell me some of the names, or even approximately the number of Christians crucified in the Roman Empire starting at about 30 AD onward? If not, then why can't you explain....This is always your position on why you don't believe in Jesus.(It just doesn't make sense.)
preston

Waverly, OH

#400028 Nov 3, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text> Preston's QUOTE..."May God find him a nice quite(his spelling)out of the way place in a HOT COMMUNITY where the SUN NEVER SHINES. So you can see what a liar he is. Not to mention a sick-o for taking pleasure in anyone damnation. And he calls other people liars. Unbelievable. So we see here that according to his own definition he can not be a christian because he is a liar.
I dont think so, YOU ACCUSED ME OF TAKING PLEASURE IN HIM BEING SENT TO HELL BY GOD.

THAT POST IS NOT INDICATIVE OF THE WORD "PLEASURE".

ALL THAT I WISH FOR GRAHAM IS FOR HIM TO RECEIVE THE REWARD THAT HE DESERVES BY FLEECING PEOPLE OVER THE DECADES.

AND THAT IS IN AGREEMENT WITH THE WORDS OF PAUL WHO SPOKE OF THE SILVERSMITH WHO MADE MONEY OFF OF GULLIBLE PEOPLE.

when are you going to learn that you cant prove me wrong on my statements because I can show cause from the Bible.

graham has brought many up on his platform who have nothing in common with Pauls type of Christianity.

and he has done that for the love of money, and surely not for the Cause of Christ..

So I will say it again, May God reward him for his disrespect that he has shown the Sacrifice of Jesus.
preston

Waverly, OH

#400029 Nov 3, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And, HOJO, you have been blinded by Satan....
False teachers are a dime a dozen...go figure....
Billy Graham, also, teaches ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED....
So what you are telling us is that you are a Catholic who believes in ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED if you believe in Billy Graham...
if billy graham lives long enough, he would help(as he already has tried), he would try to bring into being the one world religion that the Bible warns us of!

look at peale, a person that has no characteristics of a christian.

you made a great point to HOJO, I hope he will listen but the fact that graham has reached out to the pope and the catholics, you arent going to reach him even though your point was right on.
preston

Waverly, OH

#400030 Nov 3, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, PAD...I have to disagree with you....
Congress are the ones who passes the laws, NOT the president....
President cannot enact a law, only the congress....
President enforces the laws....
Only changes under the declaration of an emergency and/or marshal law.....has never existed in this nation except during times of war....specifically the Civil War...when Lincoln suspended the right of Habeas Corpus...
The Habeas Corpus Act was an English statute enacted in 1679 during the reign of King Charles II. It was subsequently amended and supple-mented by enactments of Parliament that permitted, in certain cases, a person to challenge the legality of his or her imprisonment before a court that ordered the person to appear before it at a designated time so that it could render its decision. The Habeas Corpus Act served as the precursor of Habeas Corpus provisions found in U.S. federal and state constitutions and statutes that safeguard the guarantee of personal liberty.
some of these people who claim to have attended college, must not have taken a class in government, because they dont know what the three branches of the Govenment are.

PAD wanted to blame obama ove the incompletion of the Canadian Pipeline, when the EPA put a temporary hold on it because of the Aquifier(I dount if very many people even know what that is), yet romney said he would order it completed a soon as he becomes President.

that is a lie and so foolish that even people like PAD would believe him.

the Preident does not have the POWER to overrule a quasi goverment order, he can suggest, but he cant force them into braking their Laws as written by Congress.

and yeah, people. I did study government and I got an A in that course, not to mention that I have been around govt officials all of my life.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#400031 Nov 3, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>this post about obama being rich is one of the dumbest that you have ever wrote and you have wrote some doozies.
In December 2007, the Obama family was estimated at at net worth of $1.3 million
As President you earn $200,000 -300,000 dollars, but you pay for nothing so no one knows exactly how much he is worth.
before the depression of mr bushes a few years ago, cathie and I were worth thaat much with our investments in land etc. so that isnt very much today.
WASHINGTON (AP)ó Just how rich is Mitt Romney? Add up the wealth of the last eight presidents, from Richard Nixon to Barack Obama. Then double that number. Now youíre in Romney territory.
Now you dont wish to vote for Obama becaused he is rich(?)
but look at romney, he made those millions thanks to the help of his false religion and the crookedness of his daddy.
Obama didnt have that type of help, what he has, he worked for and went to school to get a great education, just like cathie and I have done.
Whats wrong with being rich?

Average americans buy over 1 Billion lottery tickets a year, and everyone of those americans is not hoping to win a FREE TICKET or a $10 prize.

If someone on this forum believes they have too much, send it to me. I will be glad to help them out.

Anyone who works hard, and has accumulated wealth, I take my hat off to them.
preston

Waverly, OH

#400032 Nov 3, 2012
Paul warned the church to guard against heresy and false teachers,

but somehow on this forum,the devil reigns and when false teachers and prophets are exposed a such, the heathens begin to rage.

5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words. For because of these things, the wrath of God comes on the children of disobedience. 5:7 Therefore donít be partakers with them.
preston

Waverly, OH

#400033 Nov 3, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats wrong with being rich?
Average americans buy over 1 Billion lottery tickets a year, and everyone of those americans is not hoping to win a FREE TICKET or a $10 prize.
If someone on this forum believes they have too much, send it to me. I will be glad to help them out.
Anyone who works hard, and has accumulated wealth, I take my hat off to them.
you need to address that question to PAD, he is the person tha commented that he wouldnt vote for Obama because he is rich(little over a million, which aint bad) and i pointed out that romney is many times richer than Obama.

sometimes people are hypocrites,PAD cetainly qualifies.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#400034 Nov 3, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that some belief is not based on faith?
TBS

I am saying that belief is based on experience and knowledge....So the answer to your question is actually no. However, there may be some points of connection with truth.(This is when knowledge is true, and faith is true.)

Because experience involves psycholgical factors; thinking, feeling, behavior, then sometimes there is a "confirmation bias", and knowledge tends to get a lopsided view....

Belief is based in knowledge and experience, so it does not have faith entering into the equation at all. One can falsely imply that one's belief in something is based in faith, but this is a misstatement.) One can say they have belief in their faith, or faith in their belief, but it is a misstatement...

But here is the "kicker" one can have faith and belief....(smile)

The field of belief rests in psychology and epistemology.

And again faith is based in things unseen and hoped for....
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#400035 Nov 3, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
good friend
You're putting to much into your response, for me to reply in any meaningful way....
Although I understand your resolve in trying to make your point clear, I am left with picking and choosing only a point or two, and that gets nowhere fast....
Here is what happens when I see your writings....
You make a statement, and then ask why?
Then you add to your orginal statement and conclude everything is suspect....
You make a third and fourth statement and again ask why?
So lets go back to dialoguing, and you answer my original question. If you can't then we can be aware, that we can probe together, and there is something in common we share, and move toward understanding....
Here is the question:
"Can you tell me some of the names, or even approximately the number of Christians crucified in the Roman Empire starting at about 30 AD onward? If not, then why can't you explain....This is always your position on why you don't believe in Jesus.(It just doesn't make sense.)
Robert.

I don't know their names, because I guess they weren't important enough to record back then.

Jesus is claimed to be the greatest man that ever lived according to christians TODAY!, in CHRISTIAN ONLY HISTORY, yet no christians know his birthdate, don't know what he did for a living, don't know what he looked like, and the most important dates of all, the death and resurrection and no one thought he was important enough to record that. Christians today argue over two different burial sites..........thats not good!

The gospels are suppose to be the cornerstone to christian writings yet no one knows any of the dates they were written, where they were written, and no one can verify with any certainty that the names associated with the gospel writers are the actual people who wrote them. Outside of christian only writings there is nothing mentioned in our world history of miraculous birth, 12 apostles, or crucifixion. Remember there were suppose to have been many thousands of jewish witnesses to this mans good deeds, and the only few who recorded anything became christians. AGENDA???

Julius Caesar an important man in WORLD HISTORY, about 100 years before the Jesus story was born JULY 13, 100 BCE. Died March 15, 44 BCE. Occupations: Was a roman statesman, general, author. There are actual statues still around depicting the likeness appearance of Julius Caesar. You can buy coins today from that era with the stamping of Julius Caesar himself on these coins from 2100 years ago.

There is no evidence left behind to indicate that a Jesus actually lived and died. The shroud of Turin is claimed to be a fake by many experts, yet the catholic church keeps it as a holy relic but DOES NOT indicate, or know, with any certainty that they believe its the burial cloth.

If someone was important to others in history, they are usually recorded in our world history. The only history recorded about a Jesus is christian ONLY history.

Thousands of jews were suppose to have been miraclized, but jews at that time and today don't believe such things happened.

Did Jesus just become popular as time went on? Seems so, because no christians know anything about him personally.
preston

Waverly, OH

#400036 Nov 3, 2012
HIDDEN J.EWS OF SPAIN RETURNING TO J.UDAISM 31- After a bit over 500 years, descendants of J.ews who were forcibly converted to Roman Catholicism under the rule of the be-damned Queen Isabella I of Castile (may she rot in Hell for a good eternity) are coming back to traditional J.udaism.

Baruch Garcia, who was on his way to becoming a Roman Catholic priest, tells his story.

Brilliant. Am Yisrael Chai L'netzach netzchim!! The People of Ysrael live and endure forever!

http://www.shavei.org/communities/bnei_a ...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#400037 Nov 3, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
50% of all States also use Bio-Metrics when one renews or get's a driver lisence.
How would one go about keeping this from happening ?
Drop out of the system. it is the only way. If arrested, than this is un-avoidable. However, I belive a physical implant is the final MARK".
Why? Because at that point we can and must choose. As Obamas health Care ruse, is mandating.
And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
HERE:
16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
causeth all...Not forced.
causeth all...Not forced.
The "CAUSE"? What ever man feels is resonable to accept this "MARK". Family, jobs, children, Home, ET....
I once heard from a Secratary to a very famous Preacher state," Oh, it's OK to get the MARK. Because Jesus knows your heart."
Indeed HE does....
If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. 12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Rev. 14.
Thanks interesting response.

United States

#400038 Nov 3, 2012
guest wrote:
yep.
-
the 1% own the U.S. and it is they who decide to put into office whomever they wish.
-
It's all a show. I don't vote.
-
but you know what? the bigger they come the harder they fall. And I do believe they will be inquiring of the 99% how to survive the coming New World Order.
-
-
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't vote then you can't complain.
The New World Order is going to be launched by the Vatican in 2013. I just got the letter from the Pope as did all Catholics. Apparently he wants us to put a certain mark on everyone's forehead. I dunno, we have to obey... Lol
-
-
O.K. Let me get this straight: In order to have a legitimate reason to 'complain' about wholesale injustice on BOTH sides of the fence, I need to vote for an evil candidate on one or the other side? Got it. This sounds like Catholic Logic 101! And everyone can see how this sort of logic has failed the church - they are paying big time, and will continue to pay. Same-same with the government sector. We "just keep doing it" the way we have "always been doing it" because the payoff is so grand!
-
Swell. The lawyers are happy.
-
Oh yeah, by the way...the Catholic church has lost too much power to the corporate street and politicians via the *pedophile scandal* to be able to launch any sort of control mechanism upon the world's citizens. In other words: The Catholic hierarchy is now made impotent for having indulged itself in illegitimate *sex*. It's really quite funny how that has worked out, isn't it?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#400039 Nov 3, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
I am saying that belief is based on experience and knowledge....So the answer to your question is actually no. However, there may be some points of connection with truth.(This is when knowledge is true, and faith is true.)
Because experience involves psycholgical factors; thinking, feeling, behavior, then sometimes there is a "confirmation bias", and knowledge tends to get a lopsided view....
Belief is based in knowledge and experience, so it does not have faith entering into the equation at all. One can falsely imply that one's belief in something is based in faith, but this is a misstatement.) One can say they have belief in their faith, or faith in their belief, but it is a misstatement...
But here is the "kicker" one can have faith and belief....(smile)
The field of belief rests in psychology and epistemology.
And again faith is based in things unseen and hoped for....
Hello Robert.

You said to BlackSheep.....I am saying that belief is based on experience and knowledge....

I say belief is MOSTLY based on family/culture, hand-me-down tradition, indoctrination, and the part of the world you reside.

Born to an Italian family, very good chance you will be raised and learn the belief of catholicism ONLY.(nothing to do with experience knowledge)

Born to a middle eastern family, very good chance you will be raised to learn the belief and worship Allah and Islam ONLY!(nothing to do with experience knowledge)

Born at 67 main street in america raised a roman catholic. Born across the street at 68 main street in america raised a protestant.

location, location, location! more often than NOT determines how and who people worship..........or no worship at all.

A very small percentage of people in our world actually have a belief based on experience or seeking out knowledge.

7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#400040 Nov 3, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston is manipulating. Anything to draw attention to himself and to than to berate other's.
Very well stated I just can't belive the very few that support him don't see it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min Epiphany2 611,872
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Gas Woman 121,664
how do I get a girl to like me 9 min Commander Bunny 2
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 10 min dollarsbill 3,543
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 23 min Quasi Moto 70,147
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 36 min Theswamiji 6,298
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Double Fine 828,620
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr ChristineM 442,876
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Rosa_Winkel 98,992
More from around the web