Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599772 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#399978 Nov 2, 2012
Have I misunderstood something? Somebody rejoicing about some souls who are doomed to hell??

That is wicked and evil and I couldn't wish that on my worst enemy!! What the hell kind of horrible person thinks that way?
marge

Ames, IA

#399979 Nov 2, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
4GVN,
No matter how we spin this bottle, Christians are going to have to choose the way of Holy God-Jesus, or the Governments,( "BEAST").
They will have to drop out the system. That is the only way to choose, the single available avenue, to have eternal life with God-Jesus.
I see it soo different Orville, the US government is employed by us and all tax payers, And that's exactly how our countries founders designed it, by PRAYER, as they were mostly Christians.

Me, you, we can make 'law' as GOD directs. Blessings Orville
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#399980 Nov 2, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fr. Rob--you are "finally" beginning to realize the kind of bible only Protestant believers that you are "dealing with"----angry, beligerent, hostile, condemning and judgmental. I must admit that I was indoctrinated in the same way-(for over 35 years)-with "anti-catholic' hate and vengeance, that was handed down from one generation to another generation and to (another) generation--since the Reformation. Ii is an anti-catholic life of "half-truth Christianity living in "bondage" and vindictiveness, as a "self-appointed" judges deciding who is a Christian and who is not, and letting Catholics know that they, as Catholics (definitely) are not Christian. As a convert to the One True Catholic Church, I can only say that you Fr. Rob have more patience against these "bible only heretics" than I have!
Gods Blessing to you and your ministry!!

Your a drama queen.
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#399981 Nov 2, 2012
preston wrote:
Many Christians Upset with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, Pastor Asks "What's More Important for the Kingdom of God: Politics or the Message of Jesus Christ?"
Howell Scott, senior pastor Bethel Baptist Church in Alamogordo, N.M., said the BGEA's declassification of Mormonism as a cult "will have disastrous unintended consequences."
''The most immediate consequence will be the acceptance and approval of Mormonism as a legitimate Christian'denomination' or faith group," Scott wrote on his blog last week. "The blurring will only increase if Mitt Romney is elected president."
Most evangelicals do not consider Mormons Christian because Latter-day Saints revere Joseph Smith as a prophet, consider the Book of Mormon on par with the Bible and conceive of the Christian Trinity as three separate gods. Mormons acknowledge those differences but insist they are Christians.
Graham has been accused of crossing sectarian lines before, said Bill Leonard, a professor of church history at Wake Forest School of Divinity in North Carolina. The evangelist irked fundamentalists decades ago by inviting mainline Protestants and Roman Catholics to join him on stage during his crusades.
But Graham's implicit acceptance of Mormonism last week came on the heels of a much-hyped study showing that Protestants are losing ground in the United States and amid a presidential campaign that includes -- for the first time in history -- a GOP ticket without a Protestant.
http://www.blackchristiannews.com/news/2012/1...

It's always him, her, them, those, but....

15Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) 16In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

17Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, 18And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; 19And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, 20An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. 21Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal? 22Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? 23Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? 24For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

Romans 2.
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#399982 Nov 2, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I see it soo different Orville, the US government is employed by us and all tax payers, And that's exactly how our countries founders designed it, by PRAYER, as they were mostly Christians.

The U.S. Government was employed by us. No longer Marge.

Corporate bankers and capitalist,(foreign as well) own the U.S.

I fail to see my ability to write law.

United States

#399983 Nov 3, 2012
marge wrote:
Orville wrote:
The U.S. Government was employed by us. No longer Marge.
Corporate bankers and capitalist,(foreign as well) own the U.S.
I fail to see my ability to write law.
-
yep.
-
the 1% own the U.S. and it is they who decide to put into office whomever they wish.
-
It's all a show. I don't vote.
-
but you know what? the bigger they come the harder they fall. And I do believe they will be inquiring of the 99% how to survive the coming New World Order.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#399984 Nov 3, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No Orville!!---You were given 73 (original books of the bible)
27 New Testament/46 Old Testament---and YOU and your Protestant (rebellious and defiant) Prodigal Sons have chosen to deny, and reject the FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH and the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH, that Holy God (Our Father) through His Son Jesus Christ for over 2000 years. YOU and your Protestant heretics have "openly denied" the SPOKEN, STATED AND EXPRESSED words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF in Matt 16:13-21 regarding His One True (Universal) Church that He established --AND---rejected HIS words (AGAIN) IN John 6:47-59 --regarding the Eucharist "For unless you eat my body (which is real food) and drink my blood (which is real drink) YOU CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!!-----NO ORVILLE that has, is and continues to "deny the truths of Holy God--Jesus"-----In fact your bible only Protestant beliefs are a "system of (pick and choose) bible verse half-truth, half-heresy Christianity.---Until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ, that He gives to us, IN HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH AND in the Eucharist- which is the FULLNESS of the TRUTH AND THE FAITH--you my friend will "continue" to remain" in that same bondage of hate, and hostility (that you always have) and IN defiance to THAT TRUTH.
27 n.t. books are all hearsay books men nothing,all that is written in them the writers witnessed not a single thing,can't be proven to be accurate.

usa

#399986 Nov 3, 2012
Orville wrote:
Google:
India begins biometric I.D.
my dog is microchipped

usa

#399987 Nov 3, 2012
jen wrote:
It does matter what Billy Graham says...he dedicated his entire life to evangelism...God has used him tremendously to get to the people all over the world the message of salvation. When he gets to heaven, there will be many multitudes there to welcome him...his son and the foundation estimated over 10 million lives just by the crusades not even knowing the countless others from tv, and rebroadcasts etc etc as far as religion goes...oh my...do all of you realize that Yeshua was the perfect Jew!!? He did not come to replace the law or abolish it...He came to show us how to live. the Sabbath was a saturday (still is) who changed that? yeah...we know who changed it...Christ came for ALLLLLLL people...period...God died on the cross so we could go to heaven, as there is and was no one that could obey all 613 mizvot...Christ is the only way...and when we have the Spirit in us...we are His...and the only way to do that is to ask him, pray the sinners prayer, there are no works that will get us there, nothing we eat or drink or do will get us there it is beleiving in Christ, acknowledging our sin, our acceptance of Him, He is coming again, and it is soon, we need to be ready, He will come like a theif in the night, no one knows the hour or the day, only the Father knows (God the Father, no pope, no preacher, nor Christ Himself)...we are in end times and prophecy is being fulfilled in our lifetimes...we need to realize it, try to understand whats going on, trust in the Word, stop fighting, and as Paul says :snatch as many from the fire as possible" We need to come together, we are the church on earth and we are awaiting our bridegroom! The church on earth is all beleivers in the Son...Praise the Lord!!
billy graham and all the rest of them are jokes,they are worth millions of dollars collected by using gods words and there are hundreds of people out there dying on a daily basis of the lack of basic neccessaties,while they sit stuffing their faces in their warm cozy 20+ room mansions. the money they collect should be sent right back to the people that are in desperate need. it's all a scam,these people are to lazy to work for a living so they go around telling people about a possible god and have blid faith that their lives will get better,for what 10,20,30 bucks a head.nice job.more phony prophets you read about in the bible.

usa

#399988 Nov 3, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your help - even at my advanced age, I can be very gullible.

JETHRO: advanced age? how advanced?:) and your gullibilty level is what people like graham and organized religious groups rely on for profit reasons,thanks to the internet and it's vast resources of information,you can read (at home)the scriptures and if you come across something you do not understand, you can look it up through various sources.the net will do what it has done to newspapers,slowly put these phony organizations out of buisness.you may have told me and i forgot,(have short term memory problems) what church do you go to? if you don't me asking.

usa

#399989 Nov 3, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good News Orville!!!
World Breaking News
EVANGELIST BILLY GRAHAM BACKS ROMNEY FOR PRESIDENT
AAP October 19, 2012
EVANGELICAL leader Billy Graham has urged Americans to "vote for biblical values", in an implicit endorsement of Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney, a Mormon.
The message of support came on Thursday after the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association removed an article on its website that had said Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, the Unification Church and Scientologists belong to "cults".
In a full-page ad in the Wall Street Journal, Graham, who turns 94 the day after the November 6 election, said the upcoming vote could be his last.
"I believe it is vitally important that we cast our ballots for candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles and support the nation of Israel," the founder of the stadium-filling Billy Graham Crusades sermons said.
"I urge you to vote for those who protect the sanctity of life and support the biblical definition of marriage between a man and a woman," he added.
"Vote for biblical values this November 6 and pray with me that American will remain one nation under God."
Graham's ad came a week to the day after Romney - a practising Mormon who opposes abortion, rejects same-sex marriage and favours strong US-Israel ties - met the influential evangelist in North Carolina to woo his support.
His organisation was coy about the removal of the anti-Mormon article.
"We removed the information from the website because we do not wish to participate in a theological debate about something that has become politicised during this campaign," Graham's chief of staff Ken Barun said.
If elected, Romney would be the first US president from the Mormon faith, which was founded in the United States in the 19th century but which some Christians refuse to recognise as a legitimate church.
Graham is among the most popular Christian preachers in the world, and his mass gatherings and televised sermons played a major role in reviving the US evangelical movement.
He has been invited to the White House by every president since Harry Truman, and former president George W. Bush attributed his decision to stop drinking at the age of 40 to a discussion with Graham.
President Barack Obama, who is running a close race with Romney in hopes of winning a second White House term, travelled to Graham's mountaintop home in Mountreat, North Carolina in April 2010, where they spoke for 35 minutes.
romney will not win,it would be a HUGE mistake to put him in office,I know, I live in mass where he was gov. and we lost a ton of jobs here because he invested in companies here,and had the factories shuttered and outsourced the jobs to china,he does that with all companies he buys major stocks in.A vote for romney is will bring us back to the bush era,where wall st. and financial institutions were allowed to run wild and and put hundreds of people out into the street,he plans of undoing all the new laws set up to protect people from loosing their homes and life savings,privatize social security?? that's nuts, especially now with a serious reccession going on,and how can you trust a guy who puts all his money in off shore bank accounts? cheating the irs out of tax money,not sure if obama does the same thing,he doesn't have the money romney does,not supplying all his financial records like he suppose to makes me suspicious.he had to be pushed and shoved to get him to show what he has so far,don't trust a person like that.
Clay

United States

#399990 Nov 3, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
-
yep.
-
the 1% own the U.S. and it is they who decide to put into office whomever they wish.
-
It's all a show. I don't vote.
-
but you know what? the bigger they come the harder they fall. And I do believe they will be inquiring of the 99% how to survive the coming New World Order.
If you don't vote then you can't complain.

The New World Order is going to be launched by the Vatican in 2013. I just got the letter from the Pope as did all Catholics. Apparently he wants us to put a certain mark on everyone's forehead. I dunno, we have to obey... Lol
Clay

United States

#399991 Nov 3, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>The Billy Graham Crusade held 9/92 in the Portland, Oregon area is an excellent example of Graham's compromise with Rome. The Catholic Sentinel of Oregon (April 24, 1992) contained an article entitled "Counselors Recruited For Billy Graham Crusade." The Sentinel reported that 10,000 counselors were expected to attend the necessary classes, and the Roman Catholic churches had set a goal to supply 6,000 of these. The article also stated,(regarding the "decision makers"): "Those who have been baptized Catholic or express a Catholic preference will be directed to local parishes that are part of the Crusade."
Fellowship with the Catholic Church was not the only worldliness at the Crusade. The 9/13/92 Oregonian said: "Over 7,000 young Christians plugged into their source at the Graham Crusade's Power Surge youth rally Saturday night in the Portland Memorial Coliseum. With the amplifiers turned up, and the lights turned down, the young T-shirt-and-jeans crowd rocked the rafters with songs of praise, lifted up on a pulsating rock beat."
After the Crusade was over, the 9/25/92 Catholic Sentinel had these words of favor for Graham:
"Graham's message is for people to return to God and their churches.... Graham offered special praise for the Catholic Church, saying,'We're delighted that the Roman Catholic Church now cooperates with us wherever we go ...'"
- Graham even finds it difficult to take a truly Christian position on moral issues. When in Portland for the aforementioned 9/92 Crusade, Graham had the unique opportunity to declare that homosexuality is sin. He was asked about his position on Oregon's upcoming (11/92) statewide referendum that would declare homosexuality abnormal, and would thereby prohibit government support of it. Rather than giving a clear answer from the Bible, Graham played the politician:
"I find it is emotional, with strong arguments on both sides of the issue. I intend to stay out of national and local politics while here. God loves all people whatever their ethnic or political background or their social orientation.... Christians take opposing views on many issues ... those on both sides of the issue must love each other.... I never speak against other groups" (9/22/92, The Statesman Journal).
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/exposes/g...
Graham is a good Christian and a great man. He is a man of integrity too, because surely he knew how hated he would be for speaking in favor of the Catholic Church. Rick Warren is the same way.
He has a photo of Mother Teresa hanging on his office wall. These guys know the hatred in their circles, so kudos to them.
Clay

United States

#399992 Nov 3, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>romney will not win,it would be a HUGE mistake to put him in office,I know, I live in mass where he was gov. and we lost a ton of jobs here because he invested in companies here,and had the factories shuttered and outsourced the jobs to china,he does that with all companies he buys major stocks in.A vote for romney is will bring us back to the bush era,where wall st. and financial institutions were allowed to run wild and and put hundreds of people out into the street,he plans of undoing all the new laws set up to protect people from loosing their homes and life savings,privatize social security?? that's nuts, especially now with a serious reccession going on,and how can you trust a guy who puts all his money in off shore bank accounts? cheating the irs out of tax money,not sure if obama does the same thing,he doesn't have the money romney does,not supplying all his financial records like he suppose to makes me suspicious.he had to be pushed and shoved to get him to show what he has so far,don't trust a person like that.
I want a good economy with good jobs just like everybody else.
The problem is, if the economy is more important to a person then the slaughter of 2 million innocents every year in America thru abortion, then we need to really examine our conscience.

Obama and all democrats have failed the working class by being in bed with Ideologues on the left. The DFL (Democratic Farmers and Laborers) is nothing of the sort anymore.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#399994 Nov 3, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I want a good economy with good jobs just like everybody else.
The problem is, if the economy is more important to a person then the slaughter of 2 million innocents every year in America thru abortion, then we need to really examine our conscience.
Obama and all democrats have failed the working class by being in bed with Ideologues on the left. The DFL (Democratic Farmers and Laborers) is nothing of the sort anymore.
I don't like abortion, at all; but I understand it. I have offered to raise a child just so the mother would not have an abortion.

Here are some questions for you.

1. Want would we do with 2 million more babies every year?

2. Can you force a parent to be a good parent?

3. Who is going to pay for these babies and the babies that they are going to grow up and have?

4. Is there any reason, in your opinion, that is good enough to allow an abortion?

5. Can you think of a better way to stop unwanted pregnancies?
preston

Waverly, OH

#399995 Nov 3, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Pes,
I was a bit puzzled at what everyone seems so upset over. Somehow, I missed he news story.
I am not 100% sure if Graham is correct or not.
My inclination is to think that the word "cult" probably does not quite fit what Mormonism is, exactly.
We don't really seem to have a single word for it.
A cult involves mind-control, and usually shunning of anyone who leaves, or is "outside."
I can think of groups that fit this. Manson, or Peoples' Temple, or Heaven's Gate.
But hat would not really fit Mormonism...
Itwould not fit Hinduism, either. I can't see calling Hinuism a cult, even though I consider it false, as I do Mormonism.
We don't have a word-class that would fit Mormonism, Hinduism, Worship-of-Buddha-Buddhism, or other non-Christian religions.
This is part of what is so weird about Mormonism. It makes a claim to be part of Christianity, but that claim can in no way be reconciled with actual Christianity. It's just too far out there, what with God th Father being a "promoted" human being, etc.
It uses terms familiar to Christians, and even he name "Jesus Christ," but none of these things mean what Christians say when Christians use them.
Should Graham have been listing it as a "cult ...?"
No ... I don't think so.
But once he *did,* I guess he needed to explain more he decision to change the status on his website.
If what people seem to think (that Graham is saying that Mormonism is really part of Christianity) is correct, then he is clearly mistaken, or pandering.
But if he was just trying to classify it correctly, just taking it down won't do. There really seems to be a need to explain why he thinks it should not be considered a cult, and just WHY he thinks it could be called part of Christianity (assuming he actually thinks so).
If Romney *loses,* Graham had better tread VERY lightly.
If Romney loses, and Graham changes the status back to "cult," everyone will know him for a hypocrite.
A shame, really.
Rob
(Oh. I meant to ask, why did you think the crusade you were at was a sham? What did you see that you thought was fake, assuming fakery is what you mean...?
yes, fakery is Exactly whatI am referring to. hojo seems to think that I am wrong, but I was an usher and I doubt if he was.

in most Chrsitians churches, when people come up to the altar to pra, we automatically thinkthat it is for one of two reeason, first they have a burden(for themself or another) or they come to get Saved.

with the crusade, Salvation plays a very small if any part in his invitation given.

when you see many people coming out of the stands, many(not all of course) are people like myself who have been picked by their churches to participate in talking to those people. you will find very little prayer being offerred up to God.

a few words are spoken to those people and pamplets are given to them, and then they are given over to a church member(lots of these people are ministers, deacons or elders) that they might have attended at one time,such as a Meth or even your RCC.
and that ROB is why he isnt as well thought of in some Christian Churches as he used to be.

He wants compromising instead of Salvation for those who would c ome as inquirers(he started using that word when it was found out that he want trying to get anyone Saved, just to "churchie" them for the numbers that his crusade could boast of.

and like I said about him and his statement about the Jews, he got caught LYING big time and tried to weasel out of it but the tapes dont lie.lol
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#399996 Nov 3, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't vote then you can't complain.
The New World Order is going to be launched by the Vatican in 2013. I just got the letter from the Pope as did all Catholics. Apparently he wants us to put a certain mark on everyone's forehead. I dunno, we have to obey... Lol
You read it here first. Exactly as I've been saying all along.

All Protestants will be required to worship Mary.

Baptists will no longer be allowed to protest at military funerals.

One God, one Pope, one world.
preston

Waverly, OH

#399997 Nov 3, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
Have I misunderstood something? Somebody rejoicing about some souls who are doomed to hell??
That is wicked and evil and I couldn't wish that on my worst enemy!! What the hell kind of horrible person thinks that way?
4bdn is saying that I am rejoicing over billy graham being sent to hell and my post never said that at all, but he will lie about my words all that he can.

teh Bible is clear that God doesnt rejoice over one lost soul,

and neither would I.
preston

Waverly, OH

#399998 Nov 3, 2012
A cult is any group which teaches doctrines or beliefs that deviate from the biblical message of the Christian faith. It is very important that we recognize cults and avoid any involvement with them. Cults often teach some Christian truth mixed with error, which may be difficult to detect. There are some features common to most cults: They do not adhere solely to the sixty-six books of the Bible as the inspired Word of God. They add their "special revelations" to the Bible as equally authoritative. They do not accept that our relationship to Jesus Christ is a reality "by grace through faith" alone, but practice instead a salvation by works. They do not give Jesus Christ, the divine Son of God, full recognition as the second Person of the Trinity, composed of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Some of these groups are Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, the Unification Church, Unitarians, Spiritists, Scientologists, and others.

mr graham used to believe that it was "by grace through faith" years ago but tody, he doesnt beleive anything. just numbers in his ank account.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#399999 Nov 3, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Was a jew? What is he now? Where did he claim to be anything different?
You are right about the, "he did not come to abolish the law", but no one will listen to you.
Christianity took the JEW out of Jesus. Jesus would not be his Jewish name. If he actually lived his family would never had called him Jesus. Jews pray with their hands at their side or behind them, christians reversed that and pray with their hands in the front.

Jewish men wear hats in synagogue, christians reversed that men DON'T wear hats worshipping.

Jewish women DON'T wear hats worshipping, christians reversed that women DO wear hats worshipping.

Images of Jesus (yeshua) appear to be western culture, catholic church doesn't want Jesus appearing as a JEW.

Christianity has honed, developed, and edited the life of an individual, removed his culture and turned him into FRANKENJESUS.

Christianity has done everything to take the JEW out of Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min River Tam 864,787
The Christian Atheist debate 38 min HipGnosis 2,008
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 51 min WasteWater 6,476
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 54 min lil whispers 2,782
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 55 min WasteWater 6,305
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,909
White Lives MATTER 2 hr Burke Devlin 113
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr WasteWater 272,417
More from around the web