Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665281 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#400109 Nov 3, 2012
Let's recap.....

Fr Robert Dye originally wrote to another poster:
If you are correct, and the Eucharist is nothing, you will be called upon to explain yourself.

...after playing on other peoples beliefs by citing some theatrical scenario.

In which "Clay" responded with his "non-judgmental" add-in:

Clay wrote:
That was a rather haunting scenario. Sadly, it can be applied to many on here.

....and then you wrote again:
Fr Robert Dye
I really cannot agree.
There are a large number who disagree with Catholic Teaching, but I'd bet you would never find more than one or two who would encourage someone they KNEW to be an alcoholic to "take a big gulp" from th chalice at mass, just so they coul be proven "right."
I cannot see preston doing it. Nor NASL, nor Free Mind. OldJG probably would do it, just to be spiteful. 4GVN, maybe. KayMarie not in a million years. I can't see her husband ever doing such a thing, either.
I'm sure I have left some out, but anybody I could see MAYBE doing such a thing, I named.
The one who DID exactly that, I omitted, but I think everyone here is clear who it was.
Rob

I, then noticed yours last post included me, and it caught my interest, so I responded....

Strike one.

I was a confirmed Catholic.

I've taken that "drink" way too many times.

Then I had awoke my true Self.
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah?
That doen't even make sense.
How does this equate with you telling someone you know to be a recovering alcoholic to dring a big gulp of what you believe to be only wine?
Or are you saying you would actually do something so vile?
Rob
Maybe if you state what portion of my post doesn't make sense, I can for you.

Maybe you missed the point that was intended, because of your bias. Let me clarify for you.

You believe the Eucharist is a holy representation of a higher power. So be it. I don't as Catholicism makes it to be. You guys sort of put too much drama in it.

But, just because I don't in that manner, doesn't mean that it has no meaning within the story, because it does. Just not what you believe.
Orville

Portland, OR

#400110 Nov 3, 2012
The LIVING TEMPLE,

not made with hands but with SUPERNATURAL POWER,

the same as MESSIAH in HIS IMAGE and LIKENESS;

in HIS NAME.
Trained up by HOLY SPIRIT/HOLY OIL

and HOLY WRITTEN WORD/HOLY LAMP.
Hewn and split asunder, in the backside of the dessert,

gathered together and placed in the exact spot, they were made for,

to shine forth HIS GLORY and HIS POWER.

This LIVING TEMPLE,

shall be a glorious one, in the entire universe,

made up of HIS PEOPLE who came out

from under the father-of-lies and human slavery

and into a perfected life, by dying daily

on the CROSS of their SALVATION!
A REMNANT who will never bow to baal,

from each generation, to be taught how to LIVE

in SUBMISSION to HOLY SPIRIT and HOLY WORD

to be HOLY as HE is HOLY.
HOLY = high spiritual excellence.
and
'MADE WHOLE'
Whole = unbroken and intact, in an unblemished state.

WE, HIS PEOPLE, are

HIS UNBROKEN HOLY BODY;

HIS TEMPLE.

The abomination

is sitting on HIS HOLY of HOLIES

at this time.

See The Abomination @
http://www.thebodyofmessiah.com/dome.htm

See The "image" of HIS REAL TEMPLE @

http://www.thebodyofmessiah.com/extra/news/te...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#400111 Nov 3, 2012
marge wrote:
hey hey the Confrintings are back:)
Did the hurricane keep you away?
~~~
NOPE....

We had a bit of rain and the electricity was off about five hours..

from 5 A.M. to 10...other wise we had some R & R.

WE WERE OUT OF STATE for a few days.

HAD A WONDERFUL TIME OF FELLOWSHIP WITH SOME OF MY WIFE'S FAMILY.

BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOURS.

G I F.
preston

Athens, OH

#400112 Nov 3, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston goes on these raging tangents that he has no control over. To which he is oblivious to.
Three days now. Billy Graham the "bad guy".
Then it was FOL, then you, then truth, me, him, her,. Et....
have you or anyone else caught me lying about Jesus like you did?

Of course not, only a false prophet like you would do that.one good thing about it, you three plus the fraud are leaving the catholics alone.lol

If I were you and i lied about Jesus like you did, I wouldnt show my face anywhere except an altar.
preston

Athens, OH

#400113 Nov 3, 2012
BTW, false prophet, karen and I patched our dispute up back in June and i can prove it.

United States

#400114 Nov 3, 2012
guest wrote:
-
If the candidates are nothing but puppets and I vote for one, do I have the right to complain?
-
The candidates are puppets put in place by the corporate street and I have the right to complain about the injustice of it all. I am a citizen of this country. I have the right to complain. In fact, I am 100% disabled Vietnam Era Veteran. How do you like them apples?
-
marge wrote:
Thank you for you service guest:)
You should be voting all the time and I'm sure even locally you'll have your choice of two puppets, and the one you vote for will be your puppet.
And that is who you should complain to if he/she's not doing what you hired him/her for.
-
The puppets are the candidates but their puppeteers are the rich folk who can lobby (bribe) the candidate to do their bidding.
Orville

Portland, OR

#400115 Nov 3, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
I cannot, in good conscience, vote for a corrupt candidate.
-
In the standard "lesser of two evils" choices we are presented with - I cannot vote for evil as I feel I would actually be helping perpetuate a corrupt system. I won't do that. I left the Catholic Church because it was corrupt and in the same manner - I refuse to vote, because it is also corrupt. I can't put my faith in the Catholic Church and I can't put my trust in any political candidate.
-
So - The way I see it is: Those who still support the corrupt candidates, actually support the corrupt system the candidates are standing for. There's no getting around it and it's too far gone to clean up.
-
Same goes with those who support corrupt Catholic Priests, they still support a corrupt Catholic Church, and it too, is too far gone to clean up.
AMEN !!!!!!!!!!
The vote is worthless.
Here is Americas only hope:
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
<< 2 Chronicles 7 >>

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#400116 Nov 3, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
You keep asking me to be honest.
You seem to have a problem with honesty?(soliloquy)Always accussing someone else of being dishonest....(soliloquy)
Somehow you have honesty at the core of enlightenment, IMHO, or a means of being enlightened....(Sounds a bit like getting "clear" in Scientology.)
Here is the problem. One needs a switch to be turned on, in order for the lights to come on....I think the Person of Jesus is the One that makes the circuit complet to turn on the light. Someone can still keep their eyes closed and not see the light....So no matter how much you cry for honesty,(which I think you mean of some kind of denial away from Jesus being the One), my eye is still whole, and open. Complain as you might, I am still and have been honest.
Your observation that there are some half-Christians on here that choose to be dishonest....(Its not my problem of seperating out the sheep and the goats.) We all might be surprised....
Again, this is the honesty I speak of - none that which you are honest with:

a. men wrote the Bible
b. No one knows "God"
c. You don't believe in all of what Jesus taught
d. You will believe "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus, because there are more books from him than there Jesus.
e. You will accept less than half of the original 13 Apostles.
f. You will disagree that the Bible is in error.

Shall I go on?
preston

Athens, OH

#400117 Nov 3, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="marge"]what about Gif and KM, not sure where they live. Over.
Thank you for your concern. We are in Pennsylvania, and according to the weather map, we were right under the storm. We had some rain, and a bit of wind, but were wonderfully spared from the storm. Our electricity was off for a short while; that was all.
God IS our help in time of need.
KayMarie
you can believe this or not, but I was worried about both of you, but I didnt bother to put my concern on this forum. some of the forum idiots would have made fun out of my concern
preston

Athens, OH

#400118 Nov 3, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you have no right to complain.
Freedom of speech is a right that this republic gives us, regardless of any voting or non voting.

voting has nothing to do with that constitutional right, study a little about our Constitution.why dont you?

and if I feel like complaining, I certainly have more right than some woman or man that has not served their country in time of war.

and even if you did serve this country, that makes no difference. you should have heard some of the griping that I have heard about our govt.
preston

Athens, OH

#400119 Nov 3, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
If the candidates are nothing but puppets and I vote for one, do I have the right to complain?
-
The candidates are puppets put in place by the corporate street and I have the right to complain about the injustice of it all. I am a citizen of this country. I have the right to complain. In fact, I am 100% disabled Vietnam Era Veteran. How do you like them apples?
that is the way to tell her and everyone else. I feel exactly the same way as you do. let those pogues and 4F'ers keep their mouth shut. and i voiced my opinion of her telling you that you cant complain.
some of these idiots dont realize that people like you, Robert F, clays dad, and myself served our Country and some of us shed blood so these idiots can act like idiots.

I myself am not 100% but I am 60 %. 30% on my neck, 20% on my right arm and 10% on my right leg.
preston

Athens, OH

#400120 Nov 3, 2012
and guest, if my browser would allow me, I would give you some big icons that are favorable,

unlike the person who gave you a neg.

to many people stick up for the wrong people, and they could care less how evil that person is.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#400121 Nov 3, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
I cannot, in good conscience, vote for a corrupt candidate.
-
In the standard "lesser of two evils" choices we are presented with - I cannot vote for evil as I feel I would actually be helping perpetuate a corrupt system. I won't do that. I left the Catholic Church because it was corrupt and in the same manner - I refuse to vote, because it is also corrupt. I can't put my faith in the Catholic Church and I can't put my trust in any political candidate.
-
So - The way I see it is: Those who still support the corrupt candidates, actually support the corrupt system the candidates are standing for. There's no getting around it and it's too far gone to clean up.
-
Same goes with those who support corrupt Catholic Priests, they still support a corrupt Catholic Church, and it too, is too far gone to clean up.
Then you have no right to complain.

#400122 Nov 3, 2012
who="preston"]<qu oted text>you can believe this or not, but I was worried about both of you, but I didnt bother to put my concern on this forum. some of the forum idiots would have made fun out of my concern.

Thank you. You just did, and we have sense enough to appreciate it...as well as others who voiced concern. The weather map showed us right under the storm...but God covered us with His Hand.

KayMarie

United States

#400123 Nov 3, 2012
Clay wrote:
Hey, Dipstick!... I never said Nebraska was a 'bustling' forest.
-
NOR did ever I say there were *only* two candidates on the ballot!
-
I did imply that I believe we have only two choices for who will ultimately take office.
-
Tell ya what, Dipstick! I will vote - but I will write in my own candidate. I will write in my neighbor's name; then, according to your rules of the game, I will have earned the right to "complain" ... capiche? how do ya like them apples?
-
Now I realize I could vote Libertarian, or Green party or for any of the others listed...but do THOSE votes ultimately count or change the outcome? So a vote for my neighbor really wouldn't count, either; but it would be a means to an end. I would earn myself the right to complain.
-
Get over it. I have the right to complain. Whether I vote for myself or write in my neighbor down the street!
-
-
Clay wrote:
Well, how in thee heck can a squirrel get from east to west coast without ever touching the ground, if there were no trees?
Oh yeah, tornado alley!! Lol
-
yeah, yeah, the Great Plains. Got it. I know about the Great Plains.
You seem to forget what my original post was, but go ahead - keep showing how lame you are. When you can't fight back talking the issues, you attack the man, which is typical of Catholic Logic 101!

#400124 Nov 3, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you just cant resist blowing your own trunphet and attacking me as soon as you get back online can you, mr fraud?
so bring it on. you aint nothing but a phoney holy roller who allows his wife to do the same.
~~~

I have been off the forum since last Monday and When I came back on a while ago...You were still tooting you own horn...

Don't you know...

He that tooteth not his own horn the same shall not be tooted...

but He that tooteth his own horn the same will run his battery down.

don't you know that they could apprehend you for assaulting a battery.

Hmmm ....or is it assault and battery?

since you have all the answers you can fill in the blanks...

___

OH did you hear about the terrible accident in Ohio..

A bus ran over a corn cob and killed five colonels.

Just want to give you some grist for the gossip mill.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#400125 Nov 3, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston goes on these raging tangents that he has no control over. To which he is oblivious to.
Three days now. Billy Graham the "bad guy".
Then it was FOL, then you, then truth, me, him, her,. Et....
You may be right Orville. He may not have control. It is an evil spirit that he exhibits. He better pray that God is much more merciful with him than he is with God's anointed.
Orville

Portland, OR

#400126 Nov 3, 2012
who="marge"]what about Gif and KM, not sure where they live. Over.
Thank you for your concern. We are in Pennsylvania, and according to the weather map, we were right under the storm. We had some rain, and a bit of wind, but were wonderfully spared from the storm. Our electricity was off for a short while; that was all.
God IS our help in time of need.
KayMarie

I lived in State College for 13 years. Had chemo at U.P.M.C.
of 5 cancer center's, U.P.M.C. is the best. No comparrisons.

U.C.L.A. the worse.
preston

Athens, OH

#400127 Nov 3, 2012
preston wrote:
$1.3 million in 2007? Then how, on his paltry salary is he worth $11 million today? Have you seen his 'foreign student' ID card?
KayMarie
have you seen my sons "foreign student" id card? that has got to be a very dumb question.
but like always, you missed my point. PAD said he wouldnt for Obama because he is rich and i showed that romney is much richer. so stay on subject..
the estimate of the amount of money that Obama had LAST YEAR WAS NOT THE AMOUNT THAT YOU CREDIT HIM WITH..
December 1, 2011 10:00 AM
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on favoritesShare on print| More Sharing ServicesMore
President Barack Obama may be the leader of the free world, but he’s far from the wealthiest person in his cabinet, according to research by the Center for Responsive Politics.
One of the many members of Obama's cabinet wealthier than he is his former presidential primary opponent and current Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton. Clinton’s estimated average net worth in 2010 was $31 million -- more than four times that of Obama’s $7.3 million -- making her among the wealthiest cabinet members.
The president’s annual salary of $400,000 is more than any cabinet member's but constitutes only some of the Obama’s personal wealth. The rest comes from his personal assets and investments.
So what does a presidential portfolio look like?
Well, Obama’s preferred bank is JPMorgan Chase, where he had a checking account with less than $15,000 in it and an asset management account worth between $250,000 and $500,000 in 2010.
He also had at least $200,000 invested in the Vanguard 500 Index, a mutual fund based on the performance of the Standard & Poor’s 500 index.
As of the end of 2010, Obama also held somewhere between $2.1 million and $10.2 million of Uncle Sam’s debt, in the form of U.S. Treasury bills and notes.
In addition to these holdings, Obama has some money set aside for his daughters to go to college.
As of last year, Sasha and Malia could count on at least $200,000 for their college education thanks to their father’s investment in the Bright Directions College Savings plan. A WISE FATHER TO SAVE MONEY FOR THEIR CHILDRENS EDUCATION.
cathie and I were lucky that Justin is very intelligent and earned full scholarships to receive his bachelors and now has a full scholarship to study in China for His Masters, one of only 25 given to brilliant students across the Globe. and he is brilliant, he graduated with a 3.8 GPA, and if he had not worked most of his frosh and soph years, it would have been a 4.0 which he got his senior year.
When filing the annual personal financial disclosure reports, Obama and Washington lawmakers are allowed to list of the value of their assets and liabilities in broad ranges.
I just checked out your allegation, MAN ,
YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND ARE SOME KIND OF PAIR.YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF, TO CALL YOURSELF CHRISTIAN AND HE CALLS HIMSELF A PREACHER.
Card Trick - snopes.com : Barack Obama's Columbia University Student ID
www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/studen...
Feb 09, 2012 · Does a 1981 Columbia University student ID card identify Barack Obama as a foreign student named Barry Soetoro?
The Foreign Student Identification Card of Barry Soetoro-Fiction!
www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/Obama-Student... Foreign Student Identification Card of Barry Soetoro-Fiction! Summary of the eRumor: An image of a Columbia University Identification card has been ...
Obama's 'Foreign Student' ID Found?- Urban Legends
urbanlegends.about.com/od/barackobama/ss/Obam... image purports to show Barack Obama's 1981 student ID card from Columbia University, listing him as a 'foreign student.'
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#400128 Nov 3, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you just cant resist blowing your own trunphet and attacking me as soon as you get back online can you, mr fraud?
so bring it on. you aint nothing but a phoney holy roller who allows his wife to do the same.
Any one on here can see that he is a better man than you.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min crucifiedguy 284,533
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Bongo 88,085
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 19 min Just Think 532
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 21 min RiversideRedneck 114
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min RiversideRedneck 977,273
topic sex forum gone? 40 min Cookie9904 59
How To Download Facebook and YouTube Videos in HD 44 min Hotty7564 2
More from around the web