Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599906 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#399036 Oct 29, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>there has been a shortage of doctors as long as I can remember in our area since it is very improvished. I remember when many of the local doctors begged me to be a doctor and they would pay for all of my expenses.
but getting back to the VA, ours are using many PAs to do the work of doctors and asking retired doctors in the area to donate their time to help with the overload of recent veterans returning from war.
Cathie has been offered over 100.oo an hour to work in Intensive Care since they use no LPNs or aides, only Reg. nurses and those with Masters are much in demand as supervisors
preston

Wow....

We still have enough doctors. PAs are not used yet....But our surgical and emergency services were cut back and centralized so we would have to drive(or be driven) to a VA hospital 4 hours farther away....(It already takes 1 hour 45 minutes to drive to "main" hospital).

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#399037 Oct 29, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
marge good friend
Works are works....
The book of James is really a tough one for the non-Catholic....Faith without works is dead....
I think we can agree that prayer is of great importance here? Hmmm.... The Great Commission was made "active" when the Holy Spirit came to the disciples and Mary in the Book of Acts, while they were praying. Do you agree?
Good evening:
Personally, as a non-Catholic, I don't find the book of James difficult at all.

Knowing we are saved by grace through faith, we will perform such good works as God has pre-ordained that we will do as a result of knowing our salvation is assured.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#399038 Oct 29, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'know, I really am getting a bit fed up with the numbers being thrown around.
I don't see ANY way those can be accurate.
True, many Protestany communities are not "connected" to one another the way Catholic parieshes are, or Lutheran, or Episcopal.
But I don't believe there is ANY way you can number this many different theologies or bodies.
It's ridiculous.
Yes, if you count "Buford Highway Baptist" in Norcross, Georgia as a distinct "Protestant body," and you count all similar faith communities that way, you can probably hit that high a number, but THAT'S CHEATING.
In terms of theology, Buford Highway Baptiast and First Baptist of Muskogee, Oklahoma are so similar that it makes no real sense to number them this way.
It's like arguing that the Catholic Church has 50,000 different rites withing the United States, because no priest celebrates the mass EXACTLY the same as any other priest.(It's pretty close, and probably only another priest would notice the slight variations, but they are there.) It would be a fool's argument to contend that.
Numbering EVERY independant Prot community as a separate denomination only serves to inflate the numbers, and make Prots look more divided than they really are.
I don't know the real numbers, and don't much care.(The fact that Christians are divided into just TWO arguing factions would be scandal enough.) I imagine the real number of Prot denominations probably falls between 50 and 200, and even those numbers may be way high.
But the 30,000 plus I keep seeing thrown around? Ridiculous.
If you INSIST on making much of te scandal of divisions, get accurate numbers.
The principle Clay has made a plea for ("At least hate us for what we ACTUALLY believe,and not some fiction!") applies here as well.
If you are going to criticize Protestants over divisions in denominations/theologies, do it on the REAL number of groups.
Not some trumped-up, exagerated number designed to make them look worse.
Go with truth, or keep quiet.
Rob
I agree.

I have been trying to say that for a long time.

Associations and conventions should not be counted as denominations.

But,for some reason,they are.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#399039 Oct 29, 2012
preston wrote:
now here is te correct way for religious people to act and live by,
TAKE NOTE MR AND MRS FRAUD.
Beware of Speaking Evil About Our Leaders..
July 15, 2012
tags: Christian, Christianity, God, Jesus, Religion and Spirituality, Word of God.The evil one has set his traps and many well meaning and loving children of God are falling into them..
As the end times come closer there seems to be more and more speaking ill and spreading lies about the leaders of their countries..Even to the point of judging their hearts..
Yet Scripture clear states that God places all leaders into their places so that His Will will be done and we are warned in several places not to speak evil of dignitaries but to pray for them…
With this means of communication the evil one has set the traps for God’s people to stumble and fall into, for he plays with our emotions and our sense of entitlement to have our flesh bite us with the need to speak out against our leaders..
Yet several spots in scripture tells us not only to watch out for those who speak against dignitaries but warns us not to be like the world who are not afraid to speak evil about the leaders for they are the very ones that reject authority and try to persuade God’s children to speak against dignitaries instead of praying for them..
So the next time something happens within your country do not take to the Internet and post or repost against the leaders but let us fall to our knees before God and pray for them.. For this is the will of God as proclaimed throughout the Word of God, to walk in His love and grace, to speak evil of no one, and not to be complainers and grumblers as the world is for then we will fall to the ways/lust of the flesh…
Preston says.....As the end times come closer.

Where do you get that information from?

You are like most posters. You shape your personal life on what scriptures say.

I say start making personal decisions yourself. If you think about sex a lot, you are normal.

QUIT WORRYING!

preston

Waverly, OH

#399040 Oct 29, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
marge good friend
Works are works....
The book of James is really a tough one for the non-Catholic....Faith without works is dead....
I think we can agree that prayer is of great importance here? Hmmm.... The Great Commission was made "active" when the Holy Spirit came to the disciples and Mary in the Book of Acts, while they were praying. Do you agree?
sorry Robert, but I disagree,

it is not a tough one for a non catholic.

in fact, just the opposite,since our works come easily as we believe that Jesus died for us and we love Him so much that we will do anything and everything because of that Love.

and what are you referring to when you speak of the "Great Commission" when the Holy Spirit came to the disciples and Mary(this is not in agreement with what your church teaches as it beleivs that the Holy Spirit was with her when she was conceived)

tho I do agree with you, she was jsut like all of those others who received the holy Ghost, but I disagree with you that the disciples received teh Holy Ghost at that time since they ahd already receivied him when Jesus Breathed on them per Scripture

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#399041 Oct 29, 2012
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quote "apostolic succession is not biblical."
Oh yes it is... Acts 1: 20-26 Matthias chosen to Replace Judas” This is Apostolic succession.
20 “For,” said Peter,“it is written in the Book of Acts:
“‘May another take his place of leadership.’[d]
21 Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole
time the Lord Jesus was living among us, 22 beginning from John’s baptism to the time
when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his
resurrection.”
23 So they nominated two men: Joseph called
Barsabbas (also known as Justus) and Matthias. 24
Then they prayed,“Lord, you know everyone’s
heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen
25 to take over this apostolic ministry, which
Judas left to go where he belongs.” 26 Then they
cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was
added to the eleven apostles.
I love how you take little bits and pieces of a verse to prove your point!

Why do you 'christians' refuse to talk about your total lack of faith or what your god really said?

He demands that you murder your daughters, if they lose their virginity before marriage!

He is not asking you! It is not a request! It is his law.

Nowhere did jesus say that god changed his mind on that issue.

You are a bunch of lying cowards.
preston

Waverly, OH

#399042 Oct 29, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
Wow....
We still have enough doctors. PAs are not used yet....But our surgical and emergency services were cut back and centralized so we would have to drive(or be driven) to a VA hospital 4 hours farther away....(It already takes 1 hour 45 minutes to drive to "main" hospital).
this must be happening all over in smaller areas. we have Urgent care instead of Emergency and little to no surgery.

we only have to drive around 80 miles to go to a bigger hospital for more services if necessary.minor surgery is still done if only local anes. is used
Now I hope that mr fraud doesnt come on here and blame Obama for it, this was happening before he took over.
preston

Waverly, OH

#399043 Oct 29, 2012
Robert,

I am glad that I found out about your service, it has enabled me to have a better respect towards you.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#399044 Oct 29, 2012
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary Ann Collins, is she a former nun?
Did she even exist?
[She believed if she wore a habit, she is a nun.[LOL]
http://catholicbridge.com/catholic/mary_ann_c...
If she was not a former nun, if she did not exist, she could not have written:

by Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun)
July 2001

Location hidden

#399045 Oct 29, 2012
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary Ann Collins, is she a former nun?
Did she even exist?
[She believed if she wore a habit, she is a nun.[LOL]
http://catholicbridge.com/catholic/mary_ann_c...
In part:

A Testimony from a sister in the Lord, who has been an encouragement to myself and others. Her inside knowledge of "Catholic Concerns", puts her in a position of knowledge and understanding the many issues surrounding Catholic belief.

My Personal History:

Mary Ann Collins ~A Former Catholic Nun

www.CatholicConcerns.Com

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#399046 Oct 29, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>why dont you settle it in your heart. ASK KAREN TO SEND YOU A COPY OF ME PREACHING. SHE HAS ONE.
that will settle it for you or anyone else.lol
My kind of preaching actually is Gods Anointing, not some charlatan like benny hinn
~~~

Hey imposter... you impress no one... Every one here know just whom the fraud really is... You are evidently with out exception an imposter... in your whole existence. You never saw Nam...never was a preacher...and certainly are not a Born again Christian.(2 hrs ago | post #399012)

#399047 Oct 29, 2012
preston wrote:
I posted all of those links to show mr fraud that he never gets anything RIGHT.
when all is said and done, I dont care who votes for who or if you even vote.
as for me, I gave my life to the Lord on 8/25/82, that experience turned me away from politics since I had lived with them all of my life.
my dad and brother was mayor of our home town for decades(between the two). my cousin was mayor of a neighboring town on the same day that my brother was elected, my dad was a judge for several years and my brother was not only Mayor but also served two terms as county commissioner before he retired from public service,which was after he had retired from a large Corp as a VP.
SO I DONT CARE.LOL
~~~

Hey imposter... you impress no one... Every one here know just whom the fraud really is... You are evidently with out exception an imposter... in your whole existence. You never saw Nam...never was a preacher...and certainly are not a Born again Christian.

#399048 Oct 29, 2012
preston wrote:
Robert,
I am glad that I found out about your service, it has enabled me to have a better respect towards you.
~~~
Hey imposter... you impress no one... Every one here know just whom the fraud really is... You are evidently with out exception an imposter... in your whole existence. You never saw Nam...never was a preacher...and certainly are not a Born again Christian.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#399050 Oct 29, 2012
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church IS alway in agreement with Scripture!!
Read it slowly so you can understant...
Both Paul and Jesus have said.....
Jesus much prefers that priest do not marry. He made this quite
clear when He praised the Apostles for giving up "all" to follow
Him, saying, "And every one that hath left house, or brethren, or
sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands for
name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall possess life
everlasting." (Matt. 19:27-29).
And St Paul says …: "He that is
without a wife, is solicitous for the things that belong to the
Lord, how he may please God. But he that is with a wife, is
for the things of the world, how he may please his wife: and he
is divided." [1 Cor. 7:32-33]
"In other words, matrimony is good – Christ made it one of the holy sacraments of His Church – but it is not conducive to that complete dedication which is incumbent upon those who submit themselves to another of Christ's holy sacraments – that of Holy Orders. Even so, the unmarried state of the Catholic priesthood is not an inflexible law – under certain conditions a priest may be dispensed from this law."
Can't be any more clear.
Read this very slow and maybe you will finally be able to respond. The RCC has taken to opposing stands in regards to married priests. WHICH ONE is biblically correct? Comprehende?
preston

Waverly, OH

#399051 Oct 29, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston says.....As the end times come closer.
Where do you get that information from?
You are like most posters. You shape your personal life on what scriptures say.
I say start making personal decisions yourself. If you think about sex a lot, you are normal.
QUIT WORRYING!
lol, try reading a little closer, I never said this " the end times come closer". it was in the article.
but If I do live my "personal life" according to the Scriptures,

THEN I AM DOING SOMETHING RIGHT, HOW ABOUT YOU?

and let me clue YOU in on something,

I DONT LIVE MY LIFE ACCORDING TO WHAT THUS SAITH MICHAEL.LOL
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#399052 Oct 29, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Read this very slow and maybe you will finally be able to respond. The RCC has taken to opposing stands in regards to married priests. WHICH ONE is biblically correct? Comprehende?
Any other catholic can feel to answer this question instead of cowardly and ignorantly posting little judgies.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#399053 Oct 29, 2012
Apen question: How can anyone claim to be a christian and then vote for a person or party who holds and promotes unchristian agendas? How can any christian justify voting for a president who promotes 'gay marriage'? How can any christian justify supporting a party that is 'pro-abortion' or more rightly 'anti-life'? But, maybe they are not christians at all? What do you think?
preston

Waverly, OH

#399054 Oct 29, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Read this very slow and maybe you will finally be able to respond. The RCC has taken to opposing stands in regards to married priests. WHICH ONE is biblically correct? Comprehende?
LOL, I USED THAT WORD "comprehende"ONE TIME AND I GOT ARGUED WITH FOR DAYS, by people saying it wasnt an actual word.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#399055 Oct 29, 2012
Psalm 100

King James Version (KJV)

100 Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.

2 Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#399056 Oct 29, 2012
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, the pot calling the kettle black!!
I defend, that's what I do. Silly!
What about your uncalled rudeness, calling Hojo parrot? Hmmmm!!!!
BTW, I have a great life, loving kids, husband, Church, friends, and relatives.
What about you, still single? lol
No you don't defend, you offend with such statements as 'your phoney little church'. That is not defending, and you know it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min River Tam 865,338
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 14 min real 33,183
9/11&bin 56 min REV CAROL 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr -Stray Dog 6,519
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr Oop 463
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Truths 612,917
Let's talk masturbation (Apr '08) 1 hr Marvinbutdo 16
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr REASHMA 7,503
The Christian Atheist debate 10 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,016
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 23 hr Frannie 44