Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,203)

Showing posts 384,041 - 384,060 of529,758
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
good friend
Titus 3:10
"A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject...."
I Timothy 1
" 18 This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;
19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:
20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme."
Titus 3:10, "If people are causing divisions among you, give a first and second warning. After that, have nothing more to do with them."

I Timothy 1:18-20, 18 "Timothy, my son, here are my instructions for you, based on the prophetic words spoken about you earlier. May they help you fight well in the Lord's battles. 19 Cling to your faith in Christ, and keep your conscience clear. For some people have deliberately violated their consciences; as a result, their faith has been shipwrecked. 20 Hymenaeus and Alexander are two examples. I threw them out and handed them over to Satan so they might learn not to blaspheme God."

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens to those who deny the divinity of Jesus Christ?
And what about those that make up lies (Mary Ann Collins)? What happens to them?
I know of no one who believes in the Son of God as His/Her Savior who denies His Divinity...

I am not the judge that decides "what about them"...or you????

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
so far 15 people have died from this east coast storm,how come god did not direct this storm out to sea and save these people??
~~~

Our nation's current leaders have thumbed their noses at God and

expressed their contempt toward Him.

EXAMPLE JUST

Consider DEMOCRATIC convention where God was unwelcome and expunged from their platform....

When they realized that in order to get the Vote of democrat Christians they would have to give God honorable mention, in their platform.

When they attempted to broach the subject of God to those that attended THE CONVENTION

THEY BOOED AND EXPRESSED THEIR CONTEMPT...

___
GOD is not responsible FOR THE STORM...he did He bring the storm...

But

SINCE HE WILL NOT FORCE HIS/PROTECTION UPON ANY ONE THAT DENIES HIS EXISTENCE.(AND VIOLATE MAN'S FREE WILL OF CHOICE)....

All God has to do is

NOTHING .... and let the enemy/devil (WHICH THEY HAVE OPTED TO CHOOSE

AS THEIR MASTER.).

TO FREELY DO HIS THING...

___

JESUS SAID

THE DEVILS ATTRIBUTES ARE..

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

THE DEVIL COMES AS A WELCOMED ENEMY AND WORKS AGAINST THE UNBELIEVER
ALL THAT RESIST GOD ...BECAUSE HE HATES GOD.

AND SADLY......WITH OUT GOD'S HELP. THE UNBELIEVERS

HAVE NO WAY TO RESIST HIM.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

A misrepresented truth goes far to deceive the ignorant. Let's not be ignorant of the true meaning of the word "Catholic". It means "universal", or "general", and its first use as an adjective, embraced every born again believer in Jesus Christ throughout the world as belonging to His church. Contrarily, every believer is not a "Roman Catholic". As a noun the word "catholic" denotes in common usage a member of that sect. The true Christian (catholic or universal) church "which is Christ's body" (Eph. 1:23, 1 Cor. 12:12, 13, 27) had its sudden beginning at Pentecost with the baptism of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:1-4, 11:15). It was organized by Christ to function as an organism.

The Roman Catholic man-made "church" came into being by development, as a mere humanly organized institution, with inventions (including the title of "pope") added thereto throughout the centuries. All the "New Testament" was written before a Roman Catholic "church" was organized and no such "church" is anywhere mentioned in the Bible. Please "investigate" this Book and see.

As to papal infallibility, we quote from a R. C.(Roman Catholic) book, "The Faith of Millions", p. 129: "The Apostles and Evangelists received this gift (infallibility) and their writings are accepted as the revealed Word of God. But the Church does not teach that the pope is inspired, or that he receives a divine revelation properly so-called. Thus the Vatican Counsel declares:'For the Holy Spirit was not promised to the successors of Peter in order that they might spread aboard new doctrine which He reveals...'."

There is no Biblical proof that Peter ever went to Rome or "founded" a church there. It is noteworthy that in his two epistles Rome is not once mentioned. Furthermore, Peter is careful to tell us that Christ is the Rock foundation upon which all believers, including Peter, are built "as living stones". As to special authority, Peter claimed only to be "an apostle" and "an elder" (1 Peter 1:1, 5:1). He neither claimed nor showed superiority over the other apostles as can be seen by reading Acts 15:7-19; Gal. 2:9-15. Peter received "the keys" of the kingdom of heaven, not of the church (Mat. 16:19). The power to "bind or to "loose" was given to all of Christ's apostles (Mat. 18:18). Peter used authoritatively the existing "Old Testament" Hebrew scriptures in his preaching, not the writing of the New Testament. Few Bible teachers have noticed that no Acts character used the word "church" until the 20th chapter, verse 28, and there spoken by the apostle Paul, God's chosen reveler concerning Christ's church, "built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone" (Eph. 2:20; 3:1-11).

Truly, the "New Testament" was written by members of the universal or general, i.e., catholic, church of Jesus Christ, whose names are "written in heaven" (Heb. 12:23). Membership therein began at Pentecost - "and the Lord added to the church daily such as were being saved" (Acts 2:47. R.V.). Not Peter, but Paul was "the apostle to the Gentiles" (Rom. 11:13; 15; 16 1 Tim. 2:7). Since Roman Catholics, as such, appeared centuries later, we know no Roman Catholics had anything to do with writing the "New Testament". Its divinely inspired origin and canonicity was believed, accepted and enjoyed by all Christians who read or came under the hearing of these writings. This was true also of the "Old Testament". They needed not to wait until 393 A.D. when officious clergymen took it upon themselves, in North Africa, to "list" such writings as they considered inspired.

As to the exhortation by well-meaning people to "join a church", this is unscriptural, for all Christians are "joined to the Lord" (Acts 5:14; 11:24; 1 Cor. 6:17) and any joining by men is bound to be a case of being "unequally yoked together with unbelievers" - forbidden in 2 Cor. 6:14-18, as is sectarian division in 1 Cor. 1:10-13; 3:1-4.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Our nation's current leaders have thumbed their noses at God and
expressed their contempt toward Him.
EXAMPLE JUST
Consider DEMOCRATIC convention where God was unwelcome and expunged from their platform....
When they realized that in order to get the Vote of democrat Christians they would have to give God honorable mention, in their platform.
When they attempted to broach the subject of God to those that attended THE CONVENTION
THEY BOOED AND EXPRESSED THEIR CONTEMPT...
___
GOD is not responsible FOR THE STORM..***.he did NOT bring the storm...
But
SINCE HE WILL NOT FORCE HIS/PROTECTION UPON ANY ONE THAT DENIES HIS EXISTENCE.(AND VIOLATE MAN'S FREE WILL OF CHOICE)....
All God has to do is
NOTHING .... and let the enemy/devil (WHICH THEY HAVE OPTED TO CHOOSE
AS THEIR MASTER.).
TO FREELY DO HIS THING...
___
JESUS SAID
THE DEVILS ATTRIBUTES ARE..
Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
THE DEVIL COMES AS A WELCOMED ENEMY AND WORKS AGAINST THE UNBELIEVER
ALL THAT RESIST GOD ...BECAUSE HE HATES GOD.
AND SADLY......WITH OUT GOD'S HELP. THE UNBELIEVERS
HAVE NO WAY TO RESIST HIM.
~~~
NOTE... CORRECTION ABOVE...***HE DID NOT BRING THE STORM...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
so far 15 people have died from this east coast storm,how come god did not direct this storm out to sea and save these people??

pad:
How come God did not take hitler and make him fall down a shaft so he could not be responsible for the deaths of millions of human beings?

How come your teachers did not toss all your examination papers in the trash, and give you straight A's? You were in school to learn, and your tests were a measure of how well you learned. God gives us instructions in His Instruction Manual for Man's Life (Bible).

We are to live by His instructions. We will get a passing or a failing grade, and that depends upon whether we learn and do those instructions.

KayMarie
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
WOW!
That's "Protestant" 'fiction' history?
-
I was getting it from secular history and from the Catholic Church itself.
-
You know the Church HAS paid out on the priests raping little boys, don't you?
-
How do you call that "Protestant FICTION"?
-
I Guess the Protestants all got together and made these millions of dollars of payoffs in the name of the Catholic church ... in order to make the church look bad! d'oh! Go figure!
It's also called Protestant "fictitious (overblown) exaggerations"!
Again--this fits into the "half-truth, half-heresy" bible only and historical "distorted thinking" that you have become "experts at"!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
NOTE... CORRECTION ABOVE...***HE DID NOT BRING THE STORM...
~~~~~~

THE STORM THAT WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING...

...IF OUR NATION CONTINUES UNDER THE CURRENT ANTICHRIST REGIME IN

WASHINGTON.

(our current Islamic president..has declared more than once...

THAT

" America is not a Christian Nation"..)

~~~

THE CURRENT STORM

IS JUST A PREVIEW OF COMING ATTRACTIONS OF WHAT THE DEVIL HAS IN HIS

AGENDA FOR AMERICA.

GOD SAID IN..

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>why am I not surprised that you cant address the subject matter?
but dont worry about me, this HAS BEEN A GLORIOUS AND BLESSED DAY FOR MYSELF AND MY FAMILY.
WE BROUGHT OUR GRANDSON HOME, WHICH IS A GREAT OCCASION THAT A PERSON LIKE YOU WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE.LOL
What???? Preston Is that something to laugh at?? If so what and why .
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Yes hojo,you joined the only church that follows one man called a Pope.The only church that has cluttered its buildings with statues that are quite advantageous to the economy of your only church.
Yes hojo,the only church you belong to has forced an issue of celibacy on its clergy for centuries,and intends on doing so,which is not biblical,nor even remotely Jewish.
Your only church has placed the Mother of our Lord on a pedestal she would never place herself on,yet the apparitions all claim that Mary wants obesiance,and a form of worship or praise,of course is not for God.
Your only church has for centuries laid a heavy load of rules and canon laws on its people,so much so,that its people were more concerned about following those rules and laws,than learning about Grace,and what they have inherited in Christ.
Your only church has a system of canonizing men and women to be "Saints",when the Bible has called all believers the saints of God.
For years and years your only church discouraged individual study of the Bible.Treating individuals as incapable of receiving the truth from prayer and study of God's Word.Only priests could give the right interpretation of the Word.Many of your people found out that the only church deprived them of a spiritual treasure God intends for every believer to have.
Many of your only church people fell prey to the cults because they did not know the Word of God,the Bibles were placed in respectful places in their homes,but many were never opened and read.The Cults claim many Catholic converts and that is not a lie,especially amongst the Jehovah Witnesses.
Your only church has just in the last 30 years tried to change the atmosphere of their mass from a cold forum as it were to more personal expression,and that is because many Catholics complained that if and when they visited the prots,they found the atmosphere in those churches as engaging and warm.Even music has been borrowed from prots,as the Catholics had only their latin monotone music in the Mass, and music of litanies to Mary.
Your only church here in America has had to cool its jets on the worship of Mary,because the Prot majority thought, that is all Catholics did was to worship Mary.
Your only church has the darkest history of any Christian church.More Jews have been killed and expelled from Catholic countries than from any other including the Muslim countries.
hojo,enjoy your only church it is by your choice that you go to it,and although you have the right to go there,you insult in every post non-Catholic Christians by calling us heretics,sola crapola and so on.
No PAD--you've got it all wrong!!------Remember--I said "half-truth, HALF-HERESY Christian!!!------The One True Apostolic Catholic Church has ALWAYS believed, taught and professed the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH and the FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH! At the Reformation--Protestants began to "reject" more and more of the TRUTH, until today, you are "down to" or below 50% of that TRUTH!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings PAD good friend
Here is the problem....You have not resolved the issue of who Mary is in the Church....You would rather have "larger" numbers of Christians, than correct teachings....
You are not allowing Catholics to determine for themselves what is heresy. Catholics power is not in "larger" numbers, but rather apostolic succession, its oneness, its inclusive universality, and its holiness. It is not a democratic institution, which you are trying to make Christianity....
(By the way today more Catholics died in Nigeria as a result of a car bomber....)
http://news.yahoo.com/two-suicide-bombers-att...
My heart goes out to those Christians and their families.When any church is attacked or bombed and so on,it should affect us all.

I do not know such an institution as a Democratic form of Christianity.Since Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church,no believer or group of believers,or a corporation of believers,or a masssive organization of believers should seek self rule,in the Church of Jesus Christ,but we do not want a despot either who is a human being.Jesus has done well to organize and form the body of Christ in all nations,even in the grips of persecution,as we are seeing more and more in our time.

No, I cannot solve the mystery that surrounds MARY the Mother of our Lord.I have not tried to solve it,but I also will not worship her through the medium of statues,litanies and false teachings concerning her.

I think Robert that if a Roman Catholic reads the Word,believes it and sees the fruit of the Scriptures coming out in the lives of believers whether Catholic or non-Catholic,they should be open enough to realize that Christ works ALL in all of His Body,regardless of one church organization such as your own.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And your list of responses is "typical" anti-catholic distorted rhetoric of hostility, hate and vengeance that bible only Protestants are "so famous for".... Condemnation, lies, deception and heresy against Jesus Christ and His historically and biblically PROVEN ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH are the "benchmarks and the (entire basis) of the Protestant (anti-catholic agenda of what they preach!!.. FURTHERMORE--there are many, many, many Protestants that I respect for their faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, because they (in turn) respect the belief of other religious faiths--including Catholics!! HOWEVER --this is unlike those on this forum, such as Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, justachristian1, OLDJG, YOU, jethro8 and others who are on this forum ONLY to attack, destructively condemn, hostily judge and beligerently spread their anti-catholic venom against the faith of other Christians, their personal relationship to Jesus Christ and the Churches they worship --ESPECIALLY CATHOLICS.-----We are all ecumentical brothers and sisters in Christ--and yes--some are half-truth, half Christian that "persist" in spreading heresy by,distorting biblical and historical TRUTH. Preaching heresy is "nothing new" in the history of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church. The 3rd century Arian heresy, initiated and leveled these false and distorted teachings against the Catholic Church and some of you Protestants have decided to continue their "heretical teachings. We, as Catholics, can respect, co-exist and live in the "unity of Christ" with other Christian beliefs----HOWEVER it is "clear" that bible only Protestant (can not and will not) accept the teachings of Jesus is in the Catholic Church and the fact that Christ is the (again) the ecumentical Savior,---- AND---- will "make up or say ANYTHING" to divide--NOT unify. We as Catholics chose to follow "those rules" as you say "that clearly conveys and teaches the TRUTH"of the bible and the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Just look in our country, today at what your "personal opinion" bible only Christianity has done to your Protestant Churches and to the "misleading of its people". Immorality has "infected" our society with Abortion, homosexual tolerant behavior, embroyonic stem cell research, euthenasia, gay marriage, and on and on --whichever way the"political wind decides to blow". I will continue to defend the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ that is spoken and revealed to us as Catholics each and every day, at Daily Mass
It saddens me to read your post,as it is so robotic. Nevertheless as a former Lutheran,you cannot know the evangelical movement,because your church has never been one,nor has it really ever tolerated evangelicals.Traditional Lutherans are much like Catholics.

And you have a lot of nerve suggesting that "bible only believers"support the wicked agendas of Abortionists,and gays,because we have a weak theology that gives rise to them.The Reformer churches you Catholics think really support your theology are now giving much room for abortionists and gays to have not only a vioce in their churches,but becoming bishops in their denominations as well.

Actually hojo,bible only Christians are more in your camp against such evils.
The RCC is not the true church,that which came out of Jerusalem,out of Pentecost is the true church,your denomination makes big claims because it dominated Christianity for so long.God put a stop to that,not Protestants,and when Catholics admit to that fact they will begin to know the true heart of the Father.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been reading "way to many" Protestant "fiction History books"
that have distorted the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church.
Perhaps you should learn to read Parrot Boy.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Unbroken Line of Popes
Tracing All The Way Back To St. Peter...
The Unbroken Line of Popes Throughout the Ages:
It is by far the longest continuous line of succession of any religious institution on earth.
By the time that the last book of the Bible (Revelation) was written, the Catholic Church was already on its fifth Pope.
St. Irenaeus listed the first 14 Popes in "Against Heresies", 3:3:3, 180 AD
* St. Peter (32-67), Matthew 16:18
* St. Linus (67-76), 2Timothy 4:21
* St. Anacletus (Cletus)(76-88)
* St. Clement I (88-97), Philippians 4:3
* St. Evaristus (97-105)
* St. Alexander I (105-115)
* St. Sixtus I (115-125)
* St. Telesphorus (125-136)
* St. Hyginus (136-140)
* St. Pius I (140-155)* St. Anicetus (155-166)
* St. Soter (166-175)
* St. Eleutherius (175-189)
* St. Victor I (189-199)
* St. Zephyrinus (199-217)
* St. Callistus I (217-22)
* St. Urban I (222-30)
* St. Pontain (230-35)
* St. Anterus (235-36)
* St. Fabian (236-50)
* St. Cornelius (251-53)
* St. Lucius I (253-54)
* St. Stephen I (254-257)
* St. Sixtus II (257-258)
* St. Dionysius (260-268)
* St. Felix I (269-274)
* St. Eutychian (275-283)
* St. Caius (283-296)
* St. Marcellinus (296-304)
* St. Marcellus I (308-309)
* St. Eusebius (April-August 309 or 310)
* St. Miltiades (311-14)
* St. Sylvester I (314-35)
* St. Marcus (January-October 336)
* St. Julius I (337-52)
* Liberius (352-66)
* St. Damasus I (366-83)
* St. Siricius (384-99)
* St. Anastasius I (399-401)
* St. Innocent I (401-17)
* St. Zosimus (417-18)
* St. Boniface I (418-22)
* St. Celestine I (422-32)
* St. Sixtus III (432-40)
* St. Leo I (the Great)(440-61)
* St. Hilarius (461-68)
apostolic succession is not biblical. The concept of apostolic succession is never found in Scripture. What is found in Scripture is that the true church will teach what the Scriptures teach and will compare all doctrines and practices to Scripture in order to determine what is true and right. The Roman Catholic Church claims that a lack of ongoing apostolic authority results in doctrinal confusion and chaos. It is an unfortunate truth (that the apostles acknowledged) that false teachers would arise (2 Peter 2:1). Admittedly, the lack of “supreme authority” amongst non-Catholic churches results in many different interpretations. However, these differences in interpretation are not the result of Scripture being unclear. Rather, they are the result of even non-Catholic Christians carrying on the Catholic tradition of interpreting Scripture in accordance with their own traditions. If Scripture is studied in its entirety and in its proper context, the truth can be easily determined. Doctrinal differences and denominational conflicts are a result of some Christians refusing to agree with what Scripture says – not a result of there being no “supreme authority” to interpret Scripture.

Alignment with Scriptural teaching, not apostolic succession, is the determining factor of the trueness of a church. What is mentioned in Scripture is the idea that the Word of God was to be the guide that the church was to follow (Acts 20:32). It is Scripture that was to be the infallible measuring stick for teaching and practice (2 Timothy 3:16-17). It is the Scriptures that teachings are to be compared with (Acts 17:10-12). Apostolic authority was passed on through the writings of the apostles, not through apostolic succession.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No PAD--you've got it all wrong!!------Remember--I said "half-truth, HALF-HERESY Christian!!!------The One True Apostolic Catholic Church has ALWAYS believed, taught and professed the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH and the FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH! At the Reformation--Protestants began to "reject" more and more of the TRUTH, until today, you are "down to" or below 50% of that TRUTH!
It boggles my mind hojo,just what this fullness of the faith or fullness of the truth is according to the RCC?

I see a church that is wracked with scandal,and even though it is trying to deal with it,it continues to enforce celibacy in its clergy(all its clergy I should add).It is not hard to see that RCs continue to elevate the veneration and homage to the Blessed Mother of our Lord,adding doctrines to its own titles of D i v i n e attributes,such as Spouse of the Holy Spirit.

Roman Catholicism has taken their practices of worship and daily devotion to the level of doctrines that they believe, all believers should have.The confirmation of these so called doctrines have been taken directly from the Apparitions of Marian visits to people in various countries,mostly children or the Poor.

hojo,much of what is practiced and held very strongly in the RCC is rejected by most non-Catholic Christians.I mean such as:the saying or using the Rosary,
The worship of the Host located in the Monstrance.
The veneration of relics as holy objects in the Mass.
Carrying statues around on pedestals adorned for veneration,people often seen kneeling before such,and genuflecting before them or bowing.
The use of medals,and scapulars in gaining less time suffering in Purgatory.
Indulgences are still in use,not like they were in Luther's day,but still used,when the only real truth is to be saved by grace,and receiving the righteousness of God through His grace.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding."
ReginaM

Howell, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It saddens me to read your post,as it is so robotic. Nevertheless as a former Lutheran,you cannot know the evangelical movement,because your church has never been one,nor has it really ever tolerated evangelicals.Traditional Lutherans are much like Catholics.
And you have a lot of nerve suggesting that "bible only believers"support the wicked agendas of Abortionists,and gays,because we have a weak theology that gives rise to them.The Reformer churches you Catholics think really support your theology are now giving much room for abortionists and gays to have not only a vioce in their churches,but becoming bishops in their denominations as well.
Actually hojo,bible only Christians are more in your camp against such evils.
The RCC is not the true church,that which came out of Jerusalem,out of Pentecost is the true church,your denomination makes big claims because it dominated Christianity for so long.God put a stop to that,not Protestants,and when Catholics admit to that fact they will begin to know the true heart of the Father.
We *are* the church that came out of Jerusalem, out of Pentecost. Pentecost if often referred to as the Birthday of the Church. Rome has special significance because it is where St. Peter was martyred. And, of course, Christ chose St. Peter to head His church on earth and gave him the keys to the kingdom of heaven. We are not a denomination. Denominations came about with protestantism. "Big claims"? LOL...well, I imagine it *is* a pretty big deal that God Himself founded the Church, but we're quite awed and humbled by this fact...not resentful of it as you seem to be. Catholics are generally grateful for this gift from God. If they're not, they should be.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Robert that if a Roman Catholic reads the Word,believes it and sees the fruit of the Scriptures coming out in the lives of believers whether Catholic or non-Catholic,they should be open enough to realize that Christ works ALL in all of His Body,regardless of one church organization such as your own.
Yes Pad one could think!:) God Bless!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

if, one could think lol...

Hey Regina the 'Gift' is Jesus Himself, HIS Being inside of you, Not the rcc.

You should study the Scripture to see if what we say is Truth.
ReginaM

Howell, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>apostolic succession is not biblical. The concept of apostolic succession is never found in Scripture. What is found in Scripture is that the true church will teach what the Scriptures teach and will compare all doctrines and practices to Scripture in order to determine what is true and right. The Roman Catholic Church claims that a lack of ongoing apostolic authority results in doctrinal confusion and chaos. It is an unfortunate truth (that the apostles acknowledged) that false teachers would arise (2 Peter 2:1). Admittedly, the lack of “supreme authority” amongst non-Catholic churches results in many different interpretations. However, these differences in interpretation are not the result of Scripture being unclear. Rather, they are the result of even non-Catholic Christians carrying on the Catholic tradition of interpreting Scripture in accordance with their own traditions. If Scripture is studied in its entirety and in its proper context, the truth can be easily determined. Doctrinal differences and denominational conflicts are a result of some Christians refusing to agree with what Scripture says – not a result of there being no “supreme authority” to interpret Scripture.
Alignment with Scriptural teaching, not apostolic succession, is the determining factor of the trueness of a church. What is mentioned in Scripture is the idea that the Word of God was to be the guide that the church was to follow (Acts 20:32). It is Scripture that was to be the infallible measuring stick for teaching and practice (2 Timothy 3:16-17). It is the Scriptures that teachings are to be compared with (Acts 17:10-12). Apostolic authority was passed on through the writings of the apostles, not through apostolic succession.
This was never a Christian teaching until recently. The Bible came from the Church, the Church did not come from the Bible. The Church existed before one word was written by anyone. Now if you had prefaced your little story with something like "This is what man-made ecclesial communities now teach...", there would be little argument. As it is, you're promoting fiction as truth.(Oh, and save your snide comments for your protestant "brothers". You know, the ones who hold a different theology than yours...somewhere in the region of 40,000 different theologies.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 384,041 - 384,060 of529,758
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

434 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessarily so 716,189
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min ocxz 114,568
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min Buck Crick 223,069
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 21 min MUQ1 36,379
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 22 min penis man 326
Revitol Acnezine Review 22 min johnmark95 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 33 min Hidingfromyou 93,160
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 2 hr Sasha 108
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr onemale 255,614