Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,203)

Showing posts 384,041 - 384,060 of512,008
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398760
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvation isn't by works Marge, I have never said otherwise.
I don't know were you got that from.
Eph 2:8-10 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and not of yourself it is a gift from God ;not a result of works less any man should boost.
verse 10 For we are 'HIS' WORKMENSHIP CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS FOR GOOD WORKS , WHICH GOD PREPARED BEFOREHAND, THAT WE SHOULD WALK IN THEM.
I know big sis, Clay said you believe in faith plus works Salvation not me.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398761
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Mary was depicted in the Old Testament as a virgin, that would be with child...
It says nothing more about her....from this prophecy until the visit
of the Gabriel...
Nothing that your imagination can build upon...
QUESTION
Why has the Roman Catholic Church .... attempted to make a goddess...of her.
Negated the existence of her Children...
and exploit the intimacies of her marriage to Joseph,
To tabloid pornography.
YOU CANNOT TAKE ANY BOOK THAT EXIST ON EARTH... AND PROVE/VALIDATE THE MYTHS THAT HAVE BEEN CONJURED UP ABOUT HER.
Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
The fact is, no evidence of Mary having other children is in the Bible. If you cite 'Brother' and 'Sister' as evidence, you are going against the Bible by using modern language to reverse original meanings of words. This is a grave sin.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398762
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I know big sis, Clay said you believe in faith plus works Salvation not me.
I believe LTM does not subscribe to OSAS and faith alone. LTM believes in faith + works.(I think).
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398763
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Mary was depicted in the Old Testament as a virgin, that would be with child...
It says nothing more about her....from this prophecy until the visit
of the Gabriel...
Nothing that your imagination can build upon...
QUESTION
Why has the Roman Catholic Church .... attempted to make a goddess...of her.
Negated the existence of her Children...
and exploit the intimacies of her marriage to Joseph,
To tabloid pornography.
YOU CANNOT TAKE ANY BOOK THAT EXIST ON EARTH... AND PROVE/VALIDATE THE MYTHS THAT HAVE BEEN CONJURED UP ABOUT HER.
Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
There are no myths about Mary, Confrint.

The only 'myth' is that sola scripture is a false teaching.

Why would you think everything about Mary needs to be spelled out in the books that make up the Bible?

I'd say you reek of Bible worship, and the Bible, is in fact, your god.

"but its the word of God"

How do you know? Who told you that? Where in the Bible does it say the 27 books in the NT are the word of God? Mine doesn't have a table of contents telling me which books should be labeled as such, does yours?

Don't run off Pastor, answer these questions truthfully or get lost.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398764
Oct 27, 2012
 
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I know big sis, Clay said you believe in faith plus works Salvation not me.
Oh ok I was wondering if you misunderstood me.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398765
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Correction: "The only Myth is that sola scripture is a VALID teaching".

Eh Gif, Sola Scripture didn't appear until the 16th century (when the printed bible came to be)?

What do you think of that?

Are you going to deny this fact?

of course you are, because your whole ministry will come crumbling down, and you'll have to face Christ with this new info. So you think its better to simply ignore it as if that will wash your hands.
ReginaM

Howell, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398766
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"
by Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun)
July 2001
INTRODUCTION
Jesus said that the truth will set us free.(John 8:32) However, He did not say that the truth would necessarily be easy to accept. It was painful for me to learn the information that I am about to share with you, but it was also liberating and it led to a closer relationship with God.
As a faithful Catholic, and later as a nun, I practiced Mary worship for many years without realizing it. The prayers and practices were so familiar. They were taught to me by good people, sincere people that I trusted. I prayed rosaries and wore a scapular and engaged in other “devotions” which I honestly thought were good and pleasing to God. Because of my lack of knowledge of the Bible and of Church history, I HONESTLY HAD NO IDEA THAT I WAS ACTUALLY WORSHIPPING MARY.(MY EMPHASIS)
If modern Catholic teachings and doctrines about Mary are true, then they will not be contrary to Scripture, the writings of the Early Fathers, or the decrees of past popes. For a devout Catholic to question these issues and put them to the test can be painful. It certainly was for me. However, it would be far more painful to have God correct us when we face Him on Judgment Day.
**********
The emphasis is mine. Like I said, you say that you don't...but you do!
KayMarie
Oh, no! Not Mary Ann Collins again! We settled this about a year or two ago. There is no "Mary Ann Collins". She's a figment of some anti-Catholic bigot's imagination who thinks all nuns are Irish...lol! Do you believe everything you read on the internet? In that case, I have some great beach front property in Arizona I'll sell you cheap. A special discount just for you!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398767
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LOl. The way I see it, if a nun thought she was worshiping Mary, then she is to stupid to be a nun.

Hey, are you in NJ? If so, good luck Tuesday.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398768
Oct 27, 2012
 
Hey Regina how are you? Are you ready for some rain looks like you might get some.

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398769
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oxbow wrote:
709<quoted text>
by Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun)
July 2001
INTRODUCTION
Jesus said that the truth will set us free.(John 8:32) However, He did not say that the truth would necessarily be easy to accept. It was painful for me to learn the information that I am about to share with you, but it was also liberating and it led to a closer relationship with God.
As a faithful Catholic, and later as a nun, I practiced Mary worship for many years without realizing it. The prayers and practices were so familiar. They were taught to me by good people, sincere people that I trusted. I prayed rosaries and wore a scapular and engaged in other “devotions” which I honestly thought were good and pleasing to God. Because of my lack of knowledge of the Bible and of Church history, I honestly had no idea that I was actually worshipping Mary.
If modern Catholic teachings and doctrines about Mary are true, then they will not be contrary to Scripture, the writings of the Early Fathers, or the decrees of past popes. For a devout Catholic to question these issues and put them to the test can be painful. It certainly was for me. However, it would be far more painful to have God correct us when we face Him on Judgment Day.
The first line in this post is: "Jesus said that the truth shall set us free"

Am I to understand that Mary Ann Collins is a fictional person? Never a nun?
Did Ox knowingly spread a lie to paint Catholics in a bad light and further trash the Blessed Mother?

Good grief, you people will stop at nothing.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398770
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

It was just on the local news that 15 power line workers from here are already heading to New York.
ReginaM

Howell, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398771
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Clay wrote:
LOl. The way I see it, if a nun thought she was worshiping Mary, then she is to stupid to be a nun.
Hey, are you in NJ? If so, good luck Tuesday.
She's not even real. "Mary Ann Collins"? Give me a break! What a generic Irish Catholic name! LOL!!

Yep, I'm in NJ, right on the coast! We're going to get slaughtered! We lucked out last year, at least where I live. But don't think we're going to get away with it this time around. We'll probably be without power for days. As long as no windows blow out or trees fall on the house, we'll be okay. Thank you for the good wishes, we're going to need them!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398772
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope we all believe the same, we have the same Teacher.
If you ALL believe the same then why do have 42,198 different contradicting, conflicting Protestant "bible only" inconsistent doctrines of beliefs....... Same teacher, maybe, but different (DIVIDED) beliefs in which EACH ONE claims to possess the TRUTH.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398773
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The first line in this post is: "Jesus said that the truth shall set us free"
Am I to understand that Mary Ann Collins is a fictional person? Never a nun?
Did Ox knowingly spread a lie to paint Catholics in a bad light and further trash the Blessed Mother?
Good grief, you people will stop at nothing.
Clay you missed the point, the words she was told to say in prayers and devotions, rosery, etc, were worship words toward Mary!

Same thing we say about the words you say.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398774
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

744
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, so this former nun says she worshiped Mary? Ooops, she broke the Commandments of God and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
She has no one to blame but herself for her idiocy and lack of comprehension of the prayers she was reciting. Dummy.
Is that the best you have????Can't refute the truth so you attack the poster!!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398775
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

709
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying truth?
Aren't you the guy who took our Bible and infallibly declared that Jesus and God are not one? Yet, your mysteriously still a 'christian'?? wow, and we should listen to you becaaaaaause?
I quoted Scripture that clearly supports what I said...I showed them to you...you could not refute the truth. You put your tail between your legs and whimpered all the way home...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398776
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

769
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The first line in this post is: "Jesus said that the truth shall set us free"
Am I to understand that Mary Ann Collins is a fictional person? Never a nun?
Did Ox knowingly spread a lie to paint Catholics in a bad light and further trash the Blessed Mother?
Good grief, you people will stop at nothing.
Oxbow wrote:

by Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun)
Fr Robert Dye

Heavener, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398778
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pad wrote:
The Mother of God: Is that just a definitive term to enforce the belief that JESUS is in fact God?
Here is why I believe that the title Mother of God,brings worship to Mary as well as God.
For one when we say a woman is the mother of someone,naturally we believe she is physiologically the mother,sharing of biological elements to the offspring.
Mary is truly the birth mother of our Lord,and He inherited from her H U M A N I T Y that comprises of a physical b o d y.
That is not up for debate,Mary's contribution as a human being to the Body of our Lord. So she is in fact the Mother of our Lord,as Elizabeth proclaimed.
Jesus was God from eternity with the Father and the Holy Spirit.There is no mother or woman as it were in the begotting of God the Father as He stated"today I have begotten thee." Jesus is God before the creation of the world.Mary is a created being,JESUS is not.
G o d is Father,Son and Holy Spirit(Ghost). Praise Him for ever and ever!
God is the T i t l e for the Father,Son and Holy Spirit:1x1x1=ONE.Jesus is not a god,but God,FatherxSonxthe Holy Spirit,there is no plus or addition of the Godhead.
The Godhead is only mathematically multiplied to the ONE factor. God is ONE.
Therefore no human being can be the father or the mother of any member of the Godhead,in the reality of their being ONE GOD. Mary is the Mother of the Son of Man,Jesus Christ the Lord,but to say that Mary is the mother of God in the reality of the Godhead as being ONE,brings a whole set of new circumstances.
She is only the mother of Jesus,so if she is the Mother of God,Jesus here would have to be stated as separate from the Godhead as God or a god.Mary would have to be the mother of a god.
In truth as to the Godhead:Father,Son,and Holy Spirit,Mary cannot in any way of theory be the Mother of God.
At first, I thought how refreshing it was that someone was asking me a question.
.
Then I read your second part of your post, and you keep right on going to your "answer."
.
Since you have already made up your mind on the matter, what on earth is the point of asking *me?*
.
You certainly aren't interested in any info I might provide.
.
Rob
Fr Robert Dye

Heavener, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398779
Oct 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oxbow wrote:
There is no Scripture that supports the following....it is a product of vain imaginations of the CPC....Catholic Pedophile Cadre:
One of the most popular types of idolatry practiced by Catholics, as well as
people of other faiths, is the worship of Mary. The teaching is from Catholic sources
that Mary, as the mother of Christ, is due the same worship as that of her Son. They
believe that since she was chosen to bear Jesus, she must be immaculate (without sin)
and incorruptible (will never sin). They say that she is the only mediator between us and God and should be prayed to, worshipped, and pretty much treated equal to or above Jesus. Let's look at some of the writings of the Church:
Catechism of the Catholic Church
969 ... "Taken up to heaven she did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold
intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation ... Therefore the
Blessed Virgin is invoked in the Church under the titles of Advocate, Helper,
Benefactress, and Mediatrix."
Boy, I looked at this, and was sure startled. Surely THAT could not be from the CCC!
.
The paragraph makes it look as though Mary has a "saving office" equivalent to Christ.
.
THAT certainly could not be right!
.
As it turns out, it wasn't.
.
You carefully edited out the part of the paragraph that tells what Mary's "saving office" actually *is.*(It turns out she did have one, just as Moses and all the prophets did, and one quite distinct from anyone else in salvation history.
.
I won't bother putting the chopped out part in the thread. You obviously did not want anyone else to read it, which is why you edited it the way you did. Anybody can find the entire paragraph, unedited, by Googling "CCC 969."
.
Dishonesty is unbecoming, Oxbow. The truth, unvarnished and unedited, should be enough to make your point.
.
When it isn't, and you have to resort to deception, it says something about your position, or you, or both.
.
Too bad.
.
I might have found discussing faith with you illuminating in some way.
.
Now that I know you are willing to cheat, I know there is no point.
.
Rob
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#398780
Oct 27, 2012
 
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
At first, I thought how refreshing it was that someone was asking me a question.
.
Then I read your second part of your post, and you keep right on going to your "answer."
.
Since you have already made up your mind on the matter, what on earth is the point of asking *me?*
.
You certainly aren't interested in any info I might provide.
.
Rob
That is not true,you should know that if I am painfully off the mark,and that my theology here is inaccurate that you have eevery right to correct as you see fit.I do not have the last word on this.

I want to tell you though,that it is not my own personal interpretation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 384,041 - 384,060 of512,008
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

692 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min RiversideRedneck 679,985
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min waaasssuuup 596,505
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Catcher1 216,836
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 11 min Luke1x2x3x 237
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Dr_Zorderz 250,361
Gay Snapchat Names 14 min Clarkey 1,333
AT&T Exploits Black Children (Mar '13) 16 min Fisher 140
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 50 min EdmondWA 89,549
•••
•••
•••