Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
383,941 - 383,960 of 532,462 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

It was just on the local news that 15 power line workers from here are already heading to New York.
ReginaM

Howell, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
LOl. The way I see it, if a nun thought she was worshiping Mary, then she is to stupid to be a nun.
Hey, are you in NJ? If so, good luck Tuesday.
She's not even real. "Mary Ann Collins"? Give me a break! What a generic Irish Catholic name! LOL!!

Yep, I'm in NJ, right on the coast! We're going to get slaughtered! We lucked out last year, at least where I live. But don't think we're going to get away with it this time around. We'll probably be without power for days. As long as no windows blow out or trees fall on the house, we'll be okay. Thank you for the good wishes, we're going to need them!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope we all believe the same, we have the same Teacher.
If you ALL believe the same then why do have 42,198 different contradicting, conflicting Protestant "bible only" inconsistent doctrines of beliefs....... Same teacher, maybe, but different (DIVIDED) beliefs in which EACH ONE claims to possess the TRUTH.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The first line in this post is: "Jesus said that the truth shall set us free"
Am I to understand that Mary Ann Collins is a fictional person? Never a nun?
Did Ox knowingly spread a lie to paint Catholics in a bad light and further trash the Blessed Mother?
Good grief, you people will stop at nothing.
Clay you missed the point, the words she was told to say in prayers and devotions, rosery, etc, were worship words toward Mary!

Same thing we say about the words you say.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, so this former nun says she worshiped Mary? Ooops, she broke the Commandments of God and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
She has no one to blame but herself for her idiocy and lack of comprehension of the prayers she was reciting. Dummy.
Is that the best you have????Can't refute the truth so you attack the poster!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying truth?
Aren't you the guy who took our Bible and infallibly declared that Jesus and God are not one? Yet, your mysteriously still a 'christian'?? wow, and we should listen to you becaaaaaause?
I quoted Scripture that clearly supports what I said...I showed them to you...you could not refute the truth. You put your tail between your legs and whimpered all the way home...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The first line in this post is: "Jesus said that the truth shall set us free"
Am I to understand that Mary Ann Collins is a fictional person? Never a nun?
Did Ox knowingly spread a lie to paint Catholics in a bad light and further trash the Blessed Mother?
Good grief, you people will stop at nothing.
Oxbow wrote:

by Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun)
Fr Robert Dye

Heavener, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
The Mother of God: Is that just a definitive term to enforce the belief that JESUS is in fact God?
Here is why I believe that the title Mother of God,brings worship to Mary as well as God.
For one when we say a woman is the mother of someone,naturally we believe she is physiologically the mother,sharing of biological elements to the offspring.
Mary is truly the birth mother of our Lord,and He inherited from her H U M A N I T Y that comprises of a physical b o d y.
That is not up for debate,Mary's contribution as a human being to the Body of our Lord. So she is in fact the Mother of our Lord,as Elizabeth proclaimed.
Jesus was God from eternity with the Father and the Holy Spirit.There is no mother or woman as it were in the begotting of God the Father as He stated"today I have begotten thee." Jesus is God before the creation of the world.Mary is a created being,JESUS is not.
G o d is Father,Son and Holy Spirit(Ghost). Praise Him for ever and ever!
God is the T i t l e for the Father,Son and Holy Spirit:1x1x1=ONE.Jesus is not a god,but God,FatherxSonxthe Holy Spirit,there is no plus or addition of the Godhead.
The Godhead is only mathematically multiplied to the ONE factor. God is ONE.
Therefore no human being can be the father or the mother of any member of the Godhead,in the reality of their being ONE GOD. Mary is the Mother of the Son of Man,Jesus Christ the Lord,but to say that Mary is the mother of God in the reality of the Godhead as being ONE,brings a whole set of new circumstances.
She is only the mother of Jesus,so if she is the Mother of God,Jesus here would have to be stated as separate from the Godhead as God or a god.Mary would have to be the mother of a god.
In truth as to the Godhead:Father,Son,and Holy Spirit,Mary cannot in any way of theory be the Mother of God.
At first, I thought how refreshing it was that someone was asking me a question.
Then I read your second part of your post, and you keep right on going to your "answer."
Since you have already made up your mind on the matter, what on earth is the point of asking *me?*
You certainly aren't interested in any info I might provide.
Rob
Fr Robert Dye

Heavener, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
There is no Scripture that supports the following....it is a product of vain imaginations of the CPC....Catholic Pedophile Cadre:
One of the most popular types of idolatry practiced by Catholics, as well as
people of other faiths, is the worship of Mary. The teaching is from Catholic sources
that Mary, as the mother of Christ, is due the same worship as that of her Son. They
believe that since she was chosen to bear Jesus, she must be immaculate (without sin)
and incorruptible (will never sin). They say that she is the only mediator between us and God and should be prayed to, worshipped, and pretty much treated equal to or above Jesus. Let's look at some of the writings of the Church:
Catechism of the Catholic Church
969 ... "Taken up to heaven she did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold
intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation ... Therefore the
Blessed Virgin is invoked in the Church under the titles of Advocate, Helper,
Benefactress, and Mediatrix."
Boy, I looked at this, and was sure startled. Surely THAT could not be from the CCC!
The paragraph makes it look as though Mary has a "saving office" equivalent to Christ.
THAT certainly could not be right!
As it turns out, it wasn't.
You carefully edited out the part of the paragraph that tells what Mary's "saving office" actually *is.*(It turns out she did have one, just as Moses and all the prophets did, and one quite distinct from anyone else in salvation history.
I won't bother putting the chopped out part in the thread. You obviously did not want anyone else to read it, which is why you edited it the way you did. Anybody can find the entire paragraph, unedited, by Googling "CCC 969."
Dishonesty is unbecoming, Oxbow. The truth, unvarnished and unedited, should be enough to make your point.
When it isn't, and you have to resort to deception, it says something about your position, or you, or both.
Too bad.
I might have found discussing faith with you illuminating in some way.
Now that I know you are willing to cheat, I know there is no point.
Rob
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
At first, I thought how refreshing it was that someone was asking me a question.
Then I read your second part of your post, and you keep right on going to your "answer."
Since you have already made up your mind on the matter, what on earth is the point of asking *me?*
You certainly aren't interested in any info I might provide.
Rob
That is not true,you should know that if I am painfully off the mark,and that my theology here is inaccurate that you have eevery right to correct as you see fit.I do not have the last word on this.

I want to tell you though,that it is not my own personal interpretation.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

preston wrote:
<quoted text>marge, do your home work. the sda guy believes that you will go to hell since you go to church on Sunday.
not every one that says, LORD,LORD is a christian
You are a bold face lier. I never said that nor do I think that. I know a lot people that go to church on Sunday and also keep the Sabbath as far as not buying and selling or causing someone to have to work they view at as day of rest. Also there are many that do not know that the 7th day is the day of rest and for those that do and go to church on Sunday God looks at their heart as to which God the are serving. Therefore YOU LIE. If it ever becomes a forced day of worship then yes we may all need to take a step back and re-evaluate as to what looks christian and what really is. Everyone on here know I do not believe they are going to hell for going ot Church on Sunday. Also as I have stated there will also be Catholics that are in Heaven as well as other denominations including SDA and I am sure a few that suffer the hell by the brightness of Christ's coming and the smoke of their torment will go up forever and ever.

:-P
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ALL believe the same then why do have 42,198 different contradicting, conflicting Protestant "bible only" inconsistent doctrines of beliefs....... Same teacher, maybe, but different (DIVIDED) beliefs in which EACH ONE claims to possess the TRUTH.
42,198 "DOCTRINES" . You are an idiot.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
She's not even real. "Mary Ann Collins"? Give me a break! What a generic Irish Catholic name! LOL!!
Yep, I'm in NJ, right on the coast! We're going to get slaughtered! We lucked out last year, at least where I live. But don't think we're going to get away with it this time around. We'll probably be without power for days. As long as no windows blow out or trees fall on the house, we'll be okay. Thank you for the good wishes, we're going to need them!
I am really concerned for this country over the Hurricane Sandy.Oh that God would show mercy to this country and lessen the might of this storm to just a rain storm minus the wretched severity!

You will have to evacute Regina,is there some place you and your family can go?
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>42,198 "DOCTRINES" . You are an idiot.
It's about time someone figured out the math on this and realized the ridiculousness of such an accusation against the rest of the Body of Christ.

I understand that the Catholics feel they are under attack constantly,but to rationalize their stance by claiming the Prots and evangelicals have over 42,000 doctrines is nothing short of insanity,and disrespect to the Holy Spirit.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote..
"In conclusion-there is nothing in the bible that says everything that is preached must agree or be in the bible in order for it to be true"
So you are saying...
1.There is no standard....THE BIBLE IS JUST ANOTHER BOOK LIKE YOUR CATECHISM...
2.That any one can set their own criteria...
3.Add any thing they want to assume....
4.Presume any thing their imagination desires,
5. There are no definitions of right or wrong...
6.THE TEN COMMANDS ARE THE TEN SUGGESTIONS AND
LIVING A GODLY LIFE IS A JOKE..
7.EVER THING IS A GRAY ...THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SIN...
Is it not a wonder that the world is going to hell, IN A HAND BASKET.
The conclusion I come to from what you declare..
is
MAN IS HIS OWN GOD...
God has
no instructions
no limitations..
NO BOUNDARIES .
No definite REASON FOR EXISTENCE.
THAT ALL MAN NEEDS
IS THE PAGAN ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AS THEIR god.
YOU ARE SURELY IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING...COME JUDGMENT DAY!
that is what he is basically saying confronting,the church made it easy for man to sin and be forgiven by teaching you can confess to another man in a closet and be ok,we know that's wrong 2 timothy tells you that you answer to god/jesus only,it's in the bible constantine had put together which they claim to follow but really don't,they have changed their beliefs so much it's not funny,then constantine needed to make a lot of pagans and christians happy,so he had the religion made easy to satisfy all,cause their practices/daily lives would be considered ungodly to most others.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I NEVER said "any such thing Confrinting" that the bible is just another book!(AND YOU KNOW IT)...You are "so inundated" with your anti-catholic (extreme)"aversion, hostility and hate"---- that you will SAY--"MAKE UP" --and DO ANYTHING just to "hold on" to your (distorted) "bondage of vengence" that has corrupted your own heart, mind and soul--especially your ministry!!
In response to (2)--you are correct---ANY ONE of your 42,129 bible only Protestant (inconsistent- conflicting - contradicting interpretations) "continue" TO SET THEIR OWN CRITERIA (4) bible only Protestants "continue" to presume anything their imaginations desire by their contradicting "self-interpretation of the bible"
i.e. abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell research, homosexual ministers, etc, etc, ect.(5) 21st century bible only Protestant (conflicting bible interpretations) continue to prove that there are is no right or wrong---just "absolute truth" (whatever each person decides is right for them or wrong for them) again--abortion, gay marriage, etc.
(6) For us Catholics the Ten Commandments are taught, believed, adhered to and practiced as Historical and biblical moral and ethical teachings of the Old Testament in Exodus and Deut.----
---authoritative TRUTH that God handed down to Moses on Mt Sinai.
(7)yes--THAT IS RIGHT--for modernistic bible only 41,129+ Protestants EVERYTHING IS GRAY (or better described as RELATIVE. There are no absolutes, there is no absolute truth--it all depends whether "each person--personally" decides is truth or not! Again more inconsistent, contradicting and conflicting "hodge-podge" of over 41,000 different "self-interpretations " of the bible there is "no such thing as sin" unless (each individual person) believes that sin exists. Your (7) comments have (exactly) described the bible only Protestant self-interpretating "RELATIVE" (what each person thinks) is TRUTH. ie. abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, etc. God IS NOT, NEVER HAS BEEN, nor EVER WILL BE THE AUTHOR OF YOUR BIBLE ONLY PROTESTANT (half-truth)(contradicting) confusion and inconsistent Christianity. That is why the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, was initiated, formed and established over 2000 years by JESUS CHRIST (himself) in Matthew 16:13-21 continues to proclaim and profess the TRUE DOCTRINE and remain TRUE to the teachings of Jesus Christ HIMSELF.
you are making the bible just anpother book with your rediculous statements abpout oral teachings,how do you know what exists if there just oral teachings? man could make up anything,and the catholic church did,there is no denying they are a pagan/christian church,they use pagan symbols and dates to this very day,so explain to me how it is the true church? when what they teach does not exist in the bible? and they break the rules in the bible?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted the "entire" line of (factual) Papal succession for you earlier. I am not going to waste my time posting again in order for you to "ontinue" spreading your "distorted anti-catholic sources" of Historical Church heresy, lies and bible only mis-interpreting (deceptive garbage)..YOU CAN BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT!---I'll continue to believe and adhere to the historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church...YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT!!
I must of missed the post,i'll bet you posted the catholic only version which distorts the truth,it's funny how catholic and world history differ,catholic writers allways find a way around the horrors of the church in their so called devine (b.s.) writings/teachings.there is no true succession the catholic church is a false church as are the rest,the bible itself tells you that and you are blind to it because you listen to what a particular group wants you to believe,just like all other groups,the true meaning of religion does not come from a book of mans creation(which the bible is),it comes directly from the heart and soul of the individual man/woman and child,the truth has been distoted by so badly we have no idea what the truth is,books have been burned by the very people who put the bible together,that alone tells me they had an agenda and they do, put fear into man to follow the church to "MAKE MONEY" and they have done so very well. "IF" the the "ONE GOD THEORY" is real everyone is in for a rude awakening,including myself. for now i'll stick to my religion reality/evolutionism.thanks to the man created religious groups it gives my theory more credibility since no one church teaches the truth for the sake of god,but for profit only.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for Kathy!!
your right good for her,if the one god theory is true, she saved herself from a false perverted corrupted unholy church.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Kay: Catholics worship Mary.
Catholics: No Kay, that is ridiculous. All worship is to God and God alone.
Kay: You say you don't worship her but you do.
Catholics: We ask her to pray for us; we honor her and treat her exactly like Christ did. We imitate Christ by the honor given to His Mom.
Kay: what you are doing is worshiping her
Catholics: We understand that Mary's role is to bring people to her Son. This is not worship. We only worship God.
Kay: You call Mary the Mother of God.
Catholics: Yes, Jesus and God are one in the same. Therefore Mother of God is a very appropiate title.
Kay: That means you worship her.
Catholics: No, we would never worship Mary. Worship is for God alone.
Kay: I'm telling you and I am telling everybody that Catholics worship Mary.
Catholics: Then you are baring false witness and need to examine your actions prior to coming face to face with Jesus Christ someday.
i have been to catholic services a number of times,i see the very things that god forbids in his true commandments,graven images hanging on the walls or on pedastils,i see people bowing to these idols which is forbidden,the church changed the sabbath which it had no authority to do,it changed the true commandments to coencide with their man made laws (catholic catechism),not for the sake of god but for the sake of profit,the first thing they sold were pieces of wood claiming it to be from the cross jesus was crucified from,to me that is disgraceful.(of course all this depends on the fact the theory is correct) to use fear tatics torture, murder,to get people to follow the church tells you it is a false church,how? simple, a true loving god would not allow his true church to use such tatics to sway people,it is guilty of a number of crimes against not only man but god himself by not following his easy to read true ten commandments.they claim apostolic succession, their own history proves it does not exist,the papal chair was bought and sold, held in check for certain individuals,you can't have true succession that way,that is a total joke,and where is it written that apostolic succession is suppose to happen? after john wrote the final book,gods work/words were done,follow the bible,that's all that is required,no need for a organized religious groups,i see no real use for them since none of them tell the "WHOLE" truth,they pick and choose certain books to go by,even the bible is incomplete, since books were destroyed by man,you can't have a whole truth based on half truths,who gave constantine and his chosen group of "MEN" the authority to say what is true holy scripture and what is not? shouldn't it be written? or is this one of "pope hojo's so called oral truths? that the early pagan/christian fathers chosen had devine authority to make such deccisions? considering the men placed in the chair indulged themselves by abusing gods words/laws. quote from Pope Leo X"
Since God has given us the papacy, let us enjoy it.” does this sound like a true holy man? one who would be chosen by jesus/god to lead his church? continued.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

TO CLAY:lets look further into his legacy and see how holy he truly was"Leo came from a powerful family and enjoyed early favors that helped him acquire the papal throne by the time he was 37. A patron of the arts, education, and charity, Leo certainly deserves to be recognized for elevating the church’s status, but his preference for money and political advancement rapidly exhausted the treasury. So financially unstable did his position become that he was eventually forced to pawn off furniture, jewels, and statues from the palace, as well as borrow huge sums of money from creditors (who were ultimately ruined when he died).In addition to living a life of splendor, Leo practiced nepotism, famously used the sale of indulgences to finance the reconstruction of St. Peter’s Basilica, and was even accused of homosexuality. In fact, some sources hold that he died in bed while getting it on with a youth. That accusation may or may not be true, of course, but one thing is for sure: Leo certainly let his love of luxury get the best of him.
a holy man? i don't think so,sad part is there are popes worse than him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

543 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min WildWeirdWillie 172,275
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 12 min shyam 4,557
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min Hidingfromyou 720,283
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 32 min waaasssuuup 224,042
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 37 min waaasssuuup 599,050
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 38 min Dalit Trolls Biffers 114,982
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 46 min Jennette 161
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr RADEKT 256,402
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 17 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••