Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687370 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#398008 Oct 23, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Pope says The Old testament Messiah does not point to Jesus Christ and Jews do not need to believe in Christ.
The Great Apostasy and The Antichrist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cTYXrr_y09wXX&feature=rel ated
Because it is true - it doesn't.

Only men have implied that it does.

Learn your Bible.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#398009 Oct 23, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Form one statement; you can say, "It seems", for everything? Then to 'clear' myself, I have to deny it or it must be true?
I do not believe that I am under any obligation to disprove your BS.
If you point was to side track the conversation; you failed. How do you build trust with someone who plays word games and tries to avoid the real issue?
If it is not about the money, why won't the catholics pay up? The have numerous judgements against them, yet they spend their money on themselves and not paying off the judgements.
The catholics seem to believe that ignoring the issue and lying about it, is the best way to handle it.
So, if you are done judging me, how about the catholics start doing what is right?
....TBS new friend

Our conversing was just beginning..., "it seems", and I would go on with defeasible reasoning, particularly inductive reasoning. Since you can't go on. I can't either.

Your observation that Catholics don't pay up is wrong.

"In the United States, which has been the lead focus of much of the scandals and subsequent reforms,[26] BishopAccountability.org , an "online archive established by lay Catholics," reports that over 3,000 civil lawsuits have been filed against the church,[27] some of these cases have resulted in multi-million dollar settlements with many claimants. In 1998 the Roman Catholic Diocese of Dallas paid $30.9 million to twelve victims of one priest ($44.1 million in present-day terms).[28][29] From 2003 to 2009 nine other major settlements involving over 375 cases with 1551 claimants/victims, resulted in payments of over $1.1 billion USD.[note 1] The Associated Press estimated the settlements of sex abuse cases from 1950 to 2007 totaled more than $2 billion.[30] BishopAccountability puts the figure at more than $3 billion in 2012.[6][27] Addressing "a flood of abuse claims" five dioceses (Tucson, Arizona; Spokane, Washington; Portland, Oregon; Davenport, Iowa, and San Diego) got bankruptcy protection.[30] Eight Catholic dioceses have declared bankruptcy due to sex abuse cases from 2004-2011.[31]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abu...

Your argument has collapsed(Catholics don't pay up). My premise still is still open.

It appears we have so little common language here with which we can communicate. So perhaps later, I will understand more, and can reason with you....

Albuquerque, NM

#398010 Oct 23, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
oops!!!
Mt 7:15 ¶ Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Beware of men who think other men are infallible.
clay

Denver, CO

#398011 Oct 23, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not heed to Rome, thus..." the books that the Roman Catholic Church said is scripture", does not apply to me.
Just the Holy Scrip[tures of God.
+++Did you ever look at Christianity in the first couple centuries to see what they believed?
Yes, Clay. from Genesis to revelation.++++
+++My question is this: you disagree with the first 1800 yrs of Christianity?
No Clay, as stated above, 6000 years covered from Genesis to revelation.++++
Then surely there must be book, chapter, verse that says all of Christianity is explicitly listed in those writings you accept to be scripture.
Otherwise, why would you follow such a doctrine??
You see Orville, I can't embrace this bold ignorance that comes from you guys. You offer nothing rational to counter claim the Catholic Church. I sometimes wonder if you all worship God or the Bible- or worse, YOUR interpretations of the Bible.

Albuquerque, NM

#398012 Oct 23, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>what do mean by seeded??
seeded - planted on this planet - left to "grow".
preston

Athens, OH

#398013 Oct 23, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I aint afraid to ride any train when It comes to knowing the scriptures.
so lets see you prove this statement that jesus never paid any taxes.
If Jesus denied the validity of paying taxes, then he could be turned over to the Romans as someone encouraging rebellion (the Herodians were servants of Rome). and we know that He never was indicted for failure to pay taxes.
so for you to infer that he never paid taxes shows a lack of Biblical knowledge on your part.
what you should know it you had done any study on this incident is this, jesus was not at the Passover when taxes were collected, so He wouldnt have paid them at that time, but lets see now if Matthew(not a Prophet such as yourself) has to say on this mater.
Matthew 17:27
Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.
and many people wish to use this as a sign that we should be totally seperated from Govt. But as robert has said, we are part of this world and we have to live in it according to the wishes of those in charge
LEARN THE SCRIPTURES BEFORE YOU ENGAGE ME AND YOU WONT HAVE TO RIDE IN THE CABOOSE.LOL
Orville, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. I went back one hour ago and your post showed you using Matt to show that jesus never paid any taxes, yet the one verse that you did not continue on showed that He did.

that is something that mr fraud would do, i expected more from you than that.

dont ever try and prove me worng and then when your own posts shows that you are wrong, you hide the truth

Matthew 17:22-27...

24After Jesus and His disciples arrived in Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma tax came to Peter and asked,“Doesn't’t your teacher pay the temple tax?”

25“Yes, He does,” he replied.

When Peter came into the house, Jesus was the first to speak.“What do you think, Simon?” He asked.“From whom do the kings of the earth collect duty and taxes—from their own sons or from others?”

26“From others,” Peter answered.

try and use some ACTUAL Bible verses, not this pidgeon talk.

|#397983 1 hr ago

Dont ever LIE to me again

Albuquerque, NM

#398014 Oct 23, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm drugged up,...
"Catholic Priests on Drugs" - the name of my new band!

Albuquerque, NM

#398015 Oct 23, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
I think my answer to the first question answers the second.
Michael, will you PLEASE learn the difference between "your" and "you're!"
I'm drugged up, and even I can still se the difference.
Quit using the contraction. Just STOP.
ALWAYS say "you are."
If that doesn't look right, then you are (see!) probably wanting the possessive, which is "your."
You could still get this weong, I suppose, and end up with the possessive when you really mean "you're," but we'll have t take that chance.
Rob
Your funnie.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#398016 Oct 23, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
....TBS new friend
Our conversing was just beginning..., "it seems", and I would go on with defeasible reasoning, particularly inductive reasoning. Since you can't go on. I can't either.
"In the United States, which has been the lead focus of much of the scandals and subsequent reforms,[26] BishopAccountability.org , an "online archive established by lay Catholics," reports that over 3,000 civil lawsuits have been filed against the church,[27] some of these cases have resulted in multi-million dollar settlements with many claimants. In 1998 the Roman Catholic Diocese of Dallas paid $30.9 million to twelve victims of one priest ($44.1 million in present-day terms).[28][29] From 2003 to 2009 nine other major settlements involving over 375 cases with 1551 claimants/victims, resulted in payments of over $1.1 billion USD.[note 1] The Associated Press estimated the settlements of sex abuse cases from 1950 to 2007 totaled more than $2 billion.[30] BishopAccountability puts the figure at more than $3 billion in 2012.[6][27] Addressing "a flood of abuse claims" five dioceses (Tucson, Arizona; Spokane, Washington; Portland, Oregon; Davenport, Iowa, and San Diego) got bankruptcy protection.[30] Eight Catholic dioceses have declared bankruptcy due to sex abuse cases from 2004-2011.[31]"
Your argument has collapsed(Catholics don't pay up). My premise still is still open.
It appears we have so little common language here with which we can communicate. So perhaps later, I will understand more, and can reason with you....
How many people has the vatican sued? Your pathetic Roman Catholic cult is turning on it's own to save face for the perverts which includes the pope. Why is this going on?
Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

#398017 Oct 23, 2012
Yahweh Is not A god .And the roman catholick church is the beast that sits on seven hills and is without a teacher but for satan.who deceives the whole world.
And has changed the sabbath done away with the laws changed my father feast days and turned them into pagan holidays.
Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

#398018 Oct 23, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
How many people has the vatican sued? Your pathetic Roman Catholic cult is turning on it's own to save face for the perverts which includes the pope. Why is this going on?
It is going on because it is evil.and once priest were able to be married but when the wife filed for a divorce was taking the churchs money they could not have that so no more marriage and now they molest children and most are gay.sorry if the truth hurts you and if it does to bad.....the truth is the truth.and a fact is a fact it can not be changed.
preston

Athens, OH

#398019 Oct 23, 2012
Robert,

My brother in law was stationed in newport RI and went to Ny and met his brother, Hugo.

of course like all sailors, they got drunk and Hugo fell off of his ship into the port at NY.

almost drowned. dont know if this can be googled but it happened in the early 60's
preston

Athens, OH

#398020 Oct 23, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey preston....
lol....I just don't talk about it outside of other veterans.(And very few of those.) But let me just say our ship patrolled N. Vietnan waters, and the DMZ for Operation Linebacker II, amongst other things....I hope you understand.
didnt Johnson seem to have a lot in common with henry blake, the commander of Mash 4077?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#398021 Oct 23, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
....TBS new friend
So, if I owe you and ten others $20 each and I pay you $20, it can be said that I pay up?!?! OK. I do not believe that to be the case.

Is the catholic church only one building? In one state? In one country? Or world wide?

Play your games; as John said, "Whatever gets you through the night."

Location hidden

#398022 Oct 23, 2012
preston wrote:
Robert,
My brother in law was stationed in newport RI and went to Ny and met his brother, Hugo.
of course like all sailors, they got drunk and Hugo fell off of his ship into the port at NY.
almost drowned. dont know if this can be googled but it happened in the early 60's
preston

I believe it...

Can you believe that I never got drunk when I was in the Navy?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#398023 Oct 23, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they had the western world by the balls for 1700 years. We are breaking free; slowly but surely.

The internet is going to speed things up!!
clay

Denver, CO

#398024 Oct 23, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope is a Pervert? Wow. Well... The only thing you seem to prove is that you're not a Christian.. And whatever spirit you claim is guiding you is most certainly not Holy.

Location hidden

#398025 Oct 23, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>didnt Johnson seem to have a lot in common with henry blake, the commander of Mash 4077?
preston

If you mean that they seemed to be overwhelmed by it all...I would agree....
preston

Athens, OH

#398026 Oct 23, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
I believe it...
Can you believe that I never got drunk when I was in the Navy?
I have no problem beleiving that if you say it is so.

I will give everyone the benefit of the doubt, even though with the sda et, al I wasnt given the same courtesy

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#398027 Oct 23, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>YOU AINT NEVER BEEN MAN ENOUGH TO SHUT MY MOUTH, YOU FILTHY FRAUD.
I obeyed the call in Aug 1964 to come and serve my country, How about YOU?
did you go, shed blood for any of us ion service of our country?
if you didnt(and I cant see a coward like you stepping up to serve your country) THEN YOU NEED TO SHUT UP!
that service allowed me to say what I wish when I come into contact with cowards and fraud like you.
and that service ALLOWS idiots like you to show me that you are an ignorant person.
I choose not to vote because of my desire to love the Lod and place Him first in all aspects of my life.
GOD HIMSELF, WILL JUDGE IF THAT WAS WRONG,
NOT YOU!
and probably because of that desire to follow Him,
He has Blessed me abundantly in my life.
and like Solomon, because of what I wanted above all, he gave me Wisdom that far surpasses your 60(LOL) years of study.
I knew more about God and His Word in one year than you have ever known,
AND IT SHOWS.
~~~

I have God's promise...

He said

Isa_54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee/me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee/me in judgment thou shalt condemn.

This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Mat_10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

To vote is my constitutional right...a privilege that you yourself fought for.

I also have freedom of choice with out your harassment..

You would be hard put to provide a scripture that forbids a person to vote.

I can give you plenty of scriptures that tells you that your madness is against all that Jesus died for.

The God I serve is love...

Sorry about your god of hatred...that you serve so adamantly..in

bitterness and rancor against others including my wife and my self.

May God bless you with peace...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min dotard tracker 31,342
MY hot aunt 21 min Mr M 3
Little Jojo 24 min Johnny 2
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 29 min Johnny 30
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Robert F 987,386
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 1 hr Cheated 269
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,490
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Prophet Meowmed 286,596
More from around the web