Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703610 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Fr Robert Dye

Porter, OK

#397489 Oct 20, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was God in the flesh,
IS.

Present tense.

Rob

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#397490 Oct 20, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="TheBlackSheep"
Is god alive?
God is very much alive; always will be. And He offers that eternal life to us.
KayMarie
Then what was sacrificed 2,000 years old?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#397491 Oct 20, 2012
"ago" not "old"

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#397492 Oct 20, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>.....this is where we differ,you most likely believe in the one god theory where as i do not,
Although I believe there is a spiritual dimension that we will pass into after we die, it doesn't necessarily mean I believe in "one God".

I've never seen this "one God", but only heard about him, like all others.

I've only heard that this "one God" talked to people through stories of old, never in modern times. Just stories? Possibly. The door is still unlocked to that one.

But I do believe that "Somewhere, somehow, someone or something did something that caused all of the universe and its contents to exist." What that was, I do not know.

That is how one is being honest. Admitting that they don't know about the "TRUTH" of something - no matter what it is.

Many folks can't even do this. Look within in, is all I can say to that.

Good post Jethro!

Cheers!
Fr Robert Dye

Porter, OK

#397493 Oct 20, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob Dylan - Man Gave Names to All the Animals Live 1980
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =21XFzAoMXUkXX
Offering mass in Heavener, OK, in about 20 minutes. His recovery will be the Primary petition.
Rob
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#397494 Oct 20, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Is god alive?

Yes. Holy Messiah-Jesus, is alive and well and as active in this moment as we are engaging.

Hebrews 8:
8Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. 9Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#397495 Oct 20, 2012
Hebrews 8:
8Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

+++++++Not man. Not Peter, Moses, nor any man. These are men like the Disciples of Messiah-Jesus, today, whom Holy God uses to be Holy God-Jesus, witness for today.

When I pass on as did the Peter & Moses, other's will be chosen by Holy Spirit to be HIS continuing witness of the Present and very real Jesus. The Lamb of Holy God.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#397496 Oct 20, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Is god alive?
Yes He is, "Blacksheep" very much so.
there is nothing you can do to make me believe He doesn't, and there is nothing I can do to prove to you He is.
So for the sake of arguing lets agree to disagree.
In God's timing not mine, He will make Himself known to you.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#397497 Oct 20, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
IS.
Present tense.
Rob
You are right LOL :)

Albuquerque, NM

#397498 Oct 20, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>THANK YOU, brother! NASL asked me similar questions,he never gives his absolute view of Christ.
"Christ" was/is a name given to Jesus by men.

In the book, "The Jesus Dynasty", it posits that Jesus was anointed twice - thru Mary's lineage and Joseph's lineage - to become what was known as the "Messiah". The true ruler of Israel of the day.

I think he was just a man, because I don't believe a woman can be impregnated by a spirit. Otherwise, if this were true, "Satan" would have tackled this task long ago and mixed in his "children" throughout the hundreds of thousands babies being born everyday in the world.

http://answers.ask.com/Society/Other/how_many...

Jesus was a man who connected with people because he was a radical teacher with a new view. All men/women who do this become icons. Look at Elvis, Einstein, Krishna, Vishnu, Quetzalcoatl, Lady Gaga, etc, etc....

:o)

Jesus was a man with something to say, and said it well, in my opinion. Which causes me to I accept all of what he said, not just parts of his teachings.

Do I agree with "all" of what he said, you may ask?

Like all things said to me, I get to choose to believe it or not. He did say some things that are timeless [i.e. for the mind to understand always], but then again, he also spoke of things that just don't fit into our society today [i.e. relinquish all your worldly belongings and live in a state of poverty].

I don't agree in the symbolism, but the overall meaning of 'giving yourself up completely to God' does not fit in today's world. In regards to those ideas and notions, "society" has incorporated those beliefs into the progression of itself, in much better ways.

There - now you know. Please don't tell anyone, okay?

:o)
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#397499 Oct 20, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what was sacrificed 2,000 years old?

The sacrifice 2000 years ago is Messiah-Jesus.

What did Jesus sacrifice? HIMSELF. For your sin and my Sin that we may be free from sins horrific penalty.

<< Romans 5 >>
King James Version...
5And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
6For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

Hebrews:
8.And their sins and iniquities will I (GOD), remember no more.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#397500 Oct 20, 2012
Klink wrote:
The Roman Harlot
www.youtube.com/watch...
Zechariah 11:17

The Staffs of Grace and Unity

4Thus says the LORD my God; Feed the flock for the slaughter;

5Whose owners slay them, and hold themselves not guilty: and they that sell them say, Blessed be the LORD; for I am rich: and their own shepherds pity them not.

6For I will no more pity the inhabitants of the land, says the LORD: but, lo, I will deliver the men every one into his neighbor's hand, and into the hand of his king: and they shall strike the land, and out of their hand I will not deliver them.

7And I will feed the flock of slaughter, even you, O poor of the flock. And I took unto me two staffs; the one I called Grace, and the other I called Unity; and I fed the flock.

8Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul loathed them, and their souls also abhorred me.

9Then said I, I will not feed you: that that dies, let it die; and that which is to be cut off, let it be cut off; and let the rest eat every one the flesh of another.

10And I took my staff, even Grace, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people.

11And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it was the word of the LORD.

12And I said unto them, If you think it good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.

13And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a princely price that I was valued at by them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD.

14Then I cut asunder my other staff, even Unity, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.

15And the LORD said unto me, Take unto you yet the implements of a foolish shepherd.

16For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, who shall not visit those that are cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that which stands: but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their hoofs in pieces.

17Woe to the worthless shepherd that leaves the flock! the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be wholly dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.

Jeremiah 23:1"Woe to the shepherds who are destroying and scattering the sheep of my pasture!" declares the LORD.
----------
Jeremiah 50:35"A sword against the Babylonians!" declares the LORD--"against those who live in Babylon and against her officials and wise men!

Zechariah 10:2The idols speak deceit, diviners see visions that lie; they tell dreams that are false, they give comfort in vain. Therefore the people wander like sheep oppressed for lack of a shepherd.

Albuquerque, NM

#397501 Oct 20, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it be difficult to convey how you nicely dissect the quotes to such specifics per quote in your replies?
Thank You--Orville
I try to give a clear response so the reader will understand the first time what I say.

If they don't understand the post, they should step-up and ask a question about it. But at the same time, they should also understand that I will not go thru their little tactic of asking me the same question back, because they had chosen to avoid my original question.

Again, that 'honesty' of theirs is just like to hide.

Cheers.

Albuquerque, NM

#397502 Oct 20, 2012
typo - "it just like to hide."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#397503 Oct 20, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I believe there is a spiritual dimension that we will pass into after we die, it doesn't necessarily mean I believe in "one God".
I've never seen this "one God", but only heard about him, like all others.
I've only heard that this "one God" talked to people through stories of old, never in modern times. Just stories? Possibly. The door is still unlocked to that one.
But I do believe that "Somewhere, somehow, someone or something did something that caused all of the universe and its contents to exist." What that was, I do not know.
That is how one is being honest. Admitting that they don't know about the "TRUTH" of something - no matter what it is.
Many folks can't even do this. Look within in, is all I can say to that.
--------
Good post Jethro!
Cheers!
~~~~
Luk 6:39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?
~~~
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#397504 Oct 20, 2012
marge wrote:
DS, you did not answer my questions.
I have shown Mary being blessed without having to add to Scripture and make her sinless.
Yes, I did but you chose not to see it. You asked one question. You asked, "Did Mary know?"

Mary Did the will of God. If you presume to know more than that or that she knew all the details then you know more than the Angels or Apostles did.

1 Pet 1:12
To whom it was revealed, that not to themselves, but to us they did minister the things, which are now reported to you by them that have preached the gospel to you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Now when Paul was preaching to the Thessalonians and Bereans. The Bereans are recounted as more Noble. Why? Because the Jewish custom was if there was new revelation they would listen, argue and search the scripture to see. The Thessalonians via sola scripture rejected Pauls interpretation or revelation. Jewish people today reject Christ in whole. However the prophesy of Genesis is agreed by Jews, but they do not see it as Jesus and Mary but a young woman as I showed you. The Saducees were sola scriptura too but even they recognized Holy Tradition which is something you do not understand about Jewish culture nor do you care to. There is a big difference between Holy Tradition and traditions of men. The Saducees only recognized the first 5 books.

As for being sinless she was perfectly and perpetually graced which Gabriel recognizes in his salutation to her. A special term only used for Mary in scripture. A name for special vocation. She was very special. The unlearned and unstable wrest the word unto their destruction.

The Lord said before he ascended that there were many things they did not yet understand, but he would send a helper. The Muslims translate that helper as Mohummad. Christians know it is the Holy Spirit. The difference is you and all sola scripture protestants claim you are guided by the Holy Spirit. This was not so from the very beginning. He founded a church. They taught and appointed others and they held council in dispute. If each of us has our own truth then the truth cannot be known. There would be no need for Peters warning to believers, false teachers or for hiearchies which were clearly established.
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#397505 Oct 20, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
A note last page said that they lifelined Herme to the hospital last night. I don't know more yet.
KayMarie

Healer of all, Lord Jesus, let your will be done with Herme,...

Yet we ask Herme not suffer and Seraphina be at your place of PEACE. We petion you Holy God, through the our beautiful Messiah-Jesus.

Amen.
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#397506 Oct 20, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to give a clear response so the reader will understand the first time what I say.
If they don't understand the post, they should step-up and ask a question about it. But at the same time, they should also understand that I will not go thru their little tactic of asking me the same question back, because they had chosen to avoid my original question.
Again, that 'honesty' of theirs is just like to hide.
Cheers.

I was asking "How" do you do it?

How do you use the "quotes" to respond to each specif phrase or question?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#397507 Oct 20, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I did but you chose not to see it. You asked one question. You asked, "Did Mary know?"
Mary Did the will of God. If you presume to know more than that or that she knew all the details then you know more than the Angels or Apostles did.
1 Pet 1:12
To whom it was revealed, that not to themselves, but to us they did minister the things, which are now reported to you by them that have preached the gospel to you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
Now when Paul was preaching to the Thessalonians and Bereans. The Bereans are recounted as more Noble. Why? Because the Jewish custom was if there was new revelation they would listen, argue and search the scripture to see. The Thessalonians via sola scripture rejected Pauls interpretation or revelation. Jewish people today reject Christ in whole. However the prophesy of Genesis is agreed by Jews, but they do not see it as Jesus and Mary but a young woman as I showed you. The Saducees were sola scriptura too but even they recognized Holy Tradition which is something you do not understand about Jewish culture nor do you care to. There is a big difference between Holy Tradition and traditions of men. The Saducees only recognized the first 5 books.
As for being sinless she was perfectly and perpetually graced which Gabriel recognizes in his salutation to her. A special term only used for Mary in scripture. A name for special vocation. She was very special. The unlearned and unstable wrest the word unto their destruction.
The Lord said before he ascended that there were many things they did not yet understand, but he would send a helper. The Muslims translate that helper as Mohummad. Christians know it is the Holy Spirit. The difference is you and all sola scripture protestants claim you are guided by the Holy Spirit. This was not so from the very beginning. He founded a church. They taught and appointed others and they held council in dispute. If each of us has our own truth then the truth cannot be known. There would be no need for Peters warning to believers, false teachers or for hiearchies which were clearly established.
~~~

You condemned your own post when you wrote

___

If the Roman Catholic church presume to know more than that or that she knew all the details then you know more than the Angels or Apostles did.
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#397508 Oct 20, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct.
That said, I am a bit suspicious of those who claim to receive "messages" from the saints. The Church has historically been rather suspicious of "visionaries" and so called "apparitions" of the Blessed Virgin.
I understand why Jesus would not come Himself, should some message "need" to be conveyed to human beings ( as I truly believe was "necessary" at Tepeyac), since Jesus *said* he would not come again, until the Definitive Coming, which everyobe living will experience like a Shout From the Sky. Since He "can't" come with a message before then, I can see Him using an angel or a saint.
But even if this should happen, it will not be a Teaching of the Church, since all that is needed for salvation was revealed before the death of the last apostle. The age of Necessary Revelation is closed, and has been, for nearly 2000 years.
I always wish that those who are non-Catholic Christians could agree to disagree on this, since it is not a Catholic Teaching that anyone *must* pray to saints.
But it seems to offend some so greatly, that we ask our brothers and sisters who have won the race to pray for us who have not yet done so ... that they insist on BELLOWING at us, that we are DAMNED to HELL.
Well.
I say what I have said before.
I have a devotion to asking the saints to remember me in their prayers.
I also insist that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, True God and True Man, Who died for us, to save us from our sins, and Who rose from the dead to grant us New Life (Everlasting Life), and there is no other name by which anyone is saved.
That is the proclamation of the Church.
I find it astonishing that anyone who believes the Church is evil, or satanic, as many on the board proclaim, could hear that proclamation, and still say that those who proclaim it are of satan.
By that reasoning,Satan proclaims the Christ and the Gospel, which I do *not* believe. My believe is that Satan denies this, even to himself, even though he knows the truth.
If the Vatican is questioning the apparitions of "Mary", then why this.....
http://www.google.com/search...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Uncle Jack 87,750
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Big Al 996,428
News Helmsley's Dog Gets $12 Million in Will (Aug '07) 46 min LIKUD Sindrome 313
Making DEVILS Rich 3 hr Merkel Ist Kaput 3
Silence German Style 3 hr Merkel Ist Kaput 1
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 6 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,548
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... (Aug '17) 6 hr Knuk Phoo Phang IV 186