Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687432 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#397427 Oct 19, 2012
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you the funny.
That was pretty good.
Yeah, I even tickled myself with tht one.lol
Klink

Lawson, MO

#397428 Oct 19, 2012

The Roman Harlot

www.youtube.com/watch...

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#397429 Oct 19, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
CATHOLIC TRADITION - Confessing sins to a priest. Petitioning saints and Mary.
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - We are to confess our sins and needs to God alone.
I John
1:9 If we confess our sins, he [God] is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. No need for purgatory!!!!
1 Timothy
2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus [not Mary, not saints, not priests, not the pope];
I John 2:1,...And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
In the Lord's Prayer found in Matthew chapter 6, we are told to ask God to forgive us of our debts. Our Father in heaven is the one that forgives us.
Unfortunately, the Bible says nothing of "Confessing sins to a priest. Petitioning saints and Mary." That's a teaching of men, not from God or by God. Understand the difference?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#397430 Oct 20, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jethro - hope you are doing well with your treatment - but we're not here to dicuss that. Just be positive and I do hope you pass any ordeal with flying colors.
Anyhow - Jesus never wrote anything down, so "hoho's" statement is false.
Secondly, I don't belong to any organization or have an affiliation with any public religious belief. My beliefs are mine and I'm the only one, who has developed them over the past many years. Many people (and I mean many) don't agree with them - but am I supposed to care if they do? Not at all.
It's not their life to worry about.
But if I had to answer your question:
"i don't know what church you attend,but if they came out and made the claim of being the true church,would you believe them?"
- In truth, many people do say this "vague" saying. And IMO - it is just to appease their own relationship with their organization (a choice they made), although it doesn't mean it is true. That is actually one of the few reasons why I've stayed on this forum as long as I have, all the while taking the brunt of the 'remarks' by others. If the comments are any indication of the person who is posting them, then anyone can plainly see, that in the least, this religion is not needed for "salvation". It is very blatant here.
Basically, men will give you this to do, or that to do, or even say the things you want to hear, but in a nutshell, it isn't about what they honestly think you are feeling, it is only what they feel, and about the bottom line of money and followers.
As far as I am concerned and IMO, no "loving God" has a calculator and is counting "His" followers or money....only men do. And these individuals do it for profit, greed, and vanity - namely the RCC.
Organize religion is a farce within a fallacy.
Thanks for responding.
what you are doing is correct,staying away from these false religious groups,do you really need to pay someone to tell you what the bible says?i've read many of your posts and going by them,you seem to be an intelligent person,not one that needs to be told on how to read something and what it means in "their" opinion.it is not hard to read and figure out the bible,after all it is nothing more than a collection of stories taken from different sources over the centuries,and created for profit by man,this where we differ,you most likely believe in the one god theory where as i do not,reason being, i have not seen any undeniable proof that there is a god,going by just one source that makes a claim he exists is not enough,for me there has to be a corroborating source,and lets face it there is none.I to have my own believes and get ridiculed on here for them,don't care,if i'm wrong,show that i'm wrong,show me true history outside of the bible,this is all true.

usa

#397431 Oct 20, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
"My time is better spent on more important things, such as personal contemplation, meditation, prayer and daily Mass with Jesus Christs TRUE BODY AND BLOOD, in the Eucharist, in His One True Catholic Church!"
___
I NOTICE THAT YOU LEFT OUT READING OF GOD'S WORD..
WHICH COULD BE THE REASON THAT YOU POST OF NO PROFIT....ARE REPETITIVE
AND COULD BE ... A DITTO PAD...
___
The Apostle Paul wrote Timothy...
2Ti 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
2Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
2Ti 2:15 ===> Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. <===
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
___
Your "PROFAIN AND VAIN BABBLINGS" are with out scriptural reference or validation.
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
What you post is not the Word of God...nor is it His stated will given in His word.
God's word does teach cannibalism...(physically consuming the flesh and blood of Jesus.}
In the original Passover ...the blood of the Pascal lamb was symbolically substituted for each family and placed upon the doorpost of their dwellings...
It was not human Blood...It was A TYPE of the Blood of Jesus THAT
would be sacrificed....
as the Lamb that was slain from the foundation of the world.
The apostles did not physically eat the flesh nor drink the blood of Jesus in the upper room.
Jesus gave the Apostles
fermented grape juice and unleavened bread,
which was symbolic of the mutilation sufferings and death ...
His vicarious sacrifice for our sins..
Communion is also symbolic ...IT SHOWS FORTH HIS DEATH TILL HE RETURNS...
IT IS DONE IN REMEMBRANCE OF HIS DEATH...
LIFE IS IN THE BLOOD..
Each time you ....PHYSICALLY... DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS AND EAT HIS FLESH...YOU TAKE HIS LIFE AWAY AGAIN,.... CRUCIFYING HIM AFRESH...
CAN YOU NOT...UNDERSTAND THE DISTINCTION...
BETWEEN THE PHYSICAL AND THE SPIRITUAL...
gods word is not important,only catholic tradition and the money you pay to hear that tradition is important.

usa

#397432 Oct 20, 2012
I don't remember if i have mentioned this story here or not,this took place back in 2010,there is a guy i work with became a very religious person because his son "found" jesus shortly after he was convicted of first degree murder of his uncle for drug money,he tries to push god on me all the time,and i tell him to back off etc. well one day because of my cancer,he told me that i'm still alive because god doesn't want me, and the devil is afraid of me. made me laugh. i asked him why he would say this,and he stated that i am a person to be vary of,meaning i said,you look like the type that would seriouly hurt someone if they upset you he says,i'm 5-8 and around 200 lbs,not a guy you'd find on a magazine cover,except maybe bikers monthly, i hear that all the time,i meet someone for the first time they ask what kind of bike i ride,cause i do admit i pass for a biker that'd belong to the hells angels or something,also i carry 24hrs a day a 6in. bladed knife on my belt,i live in a high coyote neighbor hood and have a 20 lb dog if a coyote comes after her,it'S going to have to deal with me,and i go down fighting wether or not i win or lose,also i carry a pellet gun with me when i go for walks (it would look odd carrying a shotgun down the street with me or my 357) at night with her,and yes if a person tried to rob me or anything, i wouldn't hesitate to shoot them,i do not bother people,i don't insult them,i don't lay a hand on them,and i don't want them doing that to me,i believe strictly in live and let live,but if a person insists on invading my space,i will deal with the situation as i see fit.THAT IS WHO I AM.also i do not believe in organized religion or the one god theory,i am a realist/evolutionist,and i do believe we are possibly not alone in this universe...i guess i'm saying this because i live day by day,my next cancer test could be my last,and i want you to understand where i'm coming from.

usa

#397433 Oct 20, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Could it be because, as in any other religion, its members are only human?
well hello there,long time no see,hope everything is ok? doing fine here.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#397434 Oct 20, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
I don't remember if i have mentioned this story here or not,this took place back in 2010,there is a guy i work with became a very religious person because his son "found" jesus shortly after he was convicted of first degree murder of his uncle for drug money,he tries to push god on me all the time,and i tell him to back off etc. well one day because of my cancer,he told me that i'm still alive because god doesn't want me, and the devil is afraid of me. made me laugh. i asked him why he would say this,and he stated that i am a person to be vary of,meaning i said,you look like the type that would seriouly hurt someone if they upset you he says,i'm 5-8 and around 200 lbs,not a guy you'd find on a magazine cover,except maybe bikers monthly, i hear that all the time,i meet someone for the first time they ask what kind of bike i ride,cause i do admit i pass for a biker that'd belong to the hells angels or something,also i carry 24hrs a day a 6in. bladed knife on my belt,i live in a high coyote neighbor hood and have a 20 lb dog if a coyote comes after her,it'S going to have to deal with me,and i go down fighting wether or not i win or lose,also i carry a pellet gun with me when i go for walks (it would look odd carrying a shotgun down the street with me or my 357) at night with her,and yes if a person tried to rob me or anything, i wouldn't hesitate to shoot them,i do not bother people,i don't insult them,i don't lay a hand on them,and i don't want them doing that to me,i believe strictly in live and let live,but if a person insists on invading my space,i will deal with the situation as i see fit.THAT IS WHO I AM.also i do not believe in organized religion or the one god theory,i am a realist/evolutionist,and i do believe we are possibly not alone in this universe...i guess i'm saying this because i live day by day,my next cancer test could be my last,and i want you to understand where i'm coming from.
I'm an Asian girl with freckles. Nuff said.

usa

#397435 Oct 20, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've done my study, intense research, extensive investigation,along with prayer, contemplation and meditation for over 8 years of bible school, and the Sacred writings of Hebrew, Jewish and Greek Study,(for 3 of those years) at a Protestant University----this along with pre-theology seminary, investigating over 2000 years of Sacred Apostolic Church History from the Apologist Historian authors and writers--both Catholic and Protestant.
It has become "clearly obvious" that you haven't done "any homework" because if you did New Age, you wouldn't be so "bogged down" in your "confused and chaotic" bible only "myth" of inconsistency contradiction and conflicting 42,114+ "hodge-podge"
of RELATIVE TRUTH "opinions"........Yo u've got "a lot of work" to do, in order to get out of your "bondage" of deception, distortion and denial of the TRUTH of TRUE HISTORY and the TRUE Interpretation of the Bible, handed down by the Early Church Fathers, that Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church HAS, IS and will CONTINUE to adhere to in its doctrine of teaching and beliefs.
POPE HOJO,you are full of it,there is no Sacred Apostolic Church History,because there is no true apostolic church,i have proven that over and over,why do you refuse to take the blinders off??

usa

#397436 Oct 20, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
Boy Scouts abuse cases echo Catholic Church, Penn State scandals
Read more here: http://www.islandpacket.com/2012/10/18/224917...
One BIG difference....
Neither the Boy Scouts nor Penn State claim to be (1) appointed by God,(2) uniquely guided by God, and (3) a source of perfect teachings on morals.
Another BIG difference....
The Boy Scouts and Penn State have acted in a more open and moral manner in addressing the terrible, soul-wrenching mortal sin of child-sex abuse.
Nearly every day, the real world tells us that something is amiss with the Vatican's "one true" claim.
".... for ye shall know them by their deeds."
when i heard about the boy scout scandal,i found that surprising, my nephew was a victim of a troop leader,and when my sister brought it to the attention of the association,they immediately took action,they reported it to the police questioned my nephew and another boy that was involved arrested the guy and he only got 3 yr term,my family did not tell me of this,i over heard a conversation between my sister and mother,and i confronted them about it,hounded my sister till i got a name and possible places i could find this guy when he got out of prison,spent two years hunting for him,couldn't find him,my sister recieved a letter from the police dept. telling her that the man was found in NY. dead of a drug overdose,i was nopt sorry to hear that,i am sorry it was not me that sent him to his grave....i find it very surprising and shocking they would cover this up.needless to say the boyscouts will go the same way as the catholic church,slowly fade away.

usa

#397437 Oct 20, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>DI agree. And then when I ask him one simple question, he morphs back into his PARROT routine and won't answer. A real waste of skin, it would seem. I wonder who drug him into the catholic church? Had to be a family member, spouse or some such.
drugged? i don't know about that,it is obvious that something happened that made him dive head long into the church and becaome very defensive,i have seen this happen before,a guy i use to work with who was 10-15 yrs younger than me was into beer drinking and smoking pot,was married,no kids,he was a great worker under these conditions,then one day after coming back from vacation, a complete total change took place,it took eveyone at work by surprise,he,like hojo became very very religious,(catholic church)he came to work with pamphlets and stood by the door we entered to punch in and handed everyone one of these pamphlets, i looked at it and looked at him and said are you serious? what the h#ll happened to you? he felt he was going nowhere in life so he talked to some guy and the guy convinced him to come to church with him the name of the church was "the immaculate conception church" it's in weymouth,mass. where he lived,well he dove head first into this so much it became etremely annoying,allways hear about god this god that,you shouldn't do that god wouldn't like it and so on and so on,he singled out one girl,she was a q.c. person,every time she went into her lab in the morning there would be a religious pamphlet on the counter,she got fed up with it and told him to back off or she'd go to management about the problem.anyway after he got involved with this,his wife left him,she couldn't take it,and he became lazy,was not the hard worker he was when he drank and smoked pot,he basically sat around reading a pocket size bible and the pamphlets he was given,also he use to go into boston,mass. with a few others and stand on a street corner and hand out these pamphlets,well he picked the wrong corner,he wnt to a place called cleveland circle in the west side of boston,not a good choice,alchies and drug addicts were all over the place there,and they got upset with him because he was pushy about trying to get these people to take and read the pamphlet,so a few of them got together grabbed pipes, boards whatever they could, and chased him for a few blocks to get rid of him,he was let go by the company because he wouldn't back off about pushing his new found religion onto people,I told him if he tried to hand me a pamphlet i'd make him eat it,IT IS WRONG to try and push your ideals onto people like that,and i told him so.everyone was very happy when he was let go,including me.pope hojo sounds just like like this guy.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#397438 Oct 20, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>drugged? i don't know about that,it is obvious that something happened that made him dive head long into the church and becaome very defensive,i have seen this happen before,a guy i use to work with who was 10-15 yrs younger than me was into beer drinking and smoking pot,was married,no kids,he was a great worker under these conditions,then one day after coming back from vacation, a complete total change took place,it took eveyone at work by surprise,he,like hojo became very very religious,(catholic church)he came to work with pamphlets and stood by the door we entered to punch in and handed everyone one of these pamphlets, i looked at it and looked at him and said are you serious? what the h#ll happened to you? he felt he was going nowhere in life so he talked to some guy and the guy convinced him to come to church with him the name of the church was "the immaculate conception church" it's in weymouth,mass. where he lived,well he dove head first into this so much it became etremely annoying,allways hear about god this god that,you shouldn't do that god wouldn't like it and so on and so on,he singled out one girl,she was a q.c. person,every time she went into her lab in the morning there would be a religious pamphlet on the counter,she got fed up with it and told him to back off or she'd go to management about the problem.anyway after he got involved with this,his wife left him,she couldn't take it,and he became lazy,was not the hard worker he was when he drank and smoked pot,he basically sat around reading a pocket size bible and the pamphlets he was given,also he use to go into boston,mass. with a few others and stand on a street corner and hand out these pamphlets,well he picked the wrong corner,he wnt to a place called cleveland circle in the west side of boston,not a good choice,alchies and drug addicts were all over the place there,and they got upset with him because he was pushy about trying to get these people to take and read the pamphlet,so a few of them got together grabbed pipes, boards whatever they could, and chased him for a few blocks to get rid of him,he was let go by the company because he wouldn't back off about pushing his new found religion onto people,I told him if he tried to hand me a pamphlet i'd make him eat it,IT IS WRONG to try and push your ideals onto people like that,and i told him so.everyone was very happy when he was let go,including me.pope hojo sounds just like like this guy.
Wow, that's like a wall of words.

Cool.

usa

#397439 Oct 20, 2012
Clay wrote:
All laymen in the Catholic Church have access to scripture as well..
The big difference is we know how to read it.
You can't just pick up the book and interpret verse chapter verse word for word. That's just stupidity. It wasn't written like that so you shouldn't read it like that.
Oh, and if your interpretations differ than those of the first century, you may as well not read it at all.
why can't you just pick up the book and read it,interpret it and understand it? it's not hard,if you come across something you don't understand you just research it through other resources,the religious organizations tell you that you can't do that,because if you could,what do you need a church for? they'd all be out of buisness(which they should be),i understand it,it is a book of stories put together over a lengthy period of time from which the stories were lets say borrowed from other religions and fable/mythical writers. do you actually believe in a talking donkey? or a talking burning bush? or a woman being turned into a pillar of salt? and most of all in the book of revelations,the way john describes what jesus looks like,do you really believe he looks like that?? no one stops and thinks about what they are being told or reading,why? because of our fear of the dark (death),i had that same fear but i have over come it, and excepted the fact that one day I am going to die and there is nothing i can do about it,even more so now that i have been fighting cancer.wether you like it or not this is a one shot deal,when you die that's it,you planted in the ground or b-b-q'd,there is no heaven and there is no hell nore purgatory,if there is,show me where they are? the firey pit that leads to hell? where is it? must be here on earth somewhere. and how come we never see pictures of the gates of hell that will not prevail against the pagan/christian church?where are these gates? in italy or in antioch where the church forced itself upon the christian church that was there? where are the gates that lead to heaven? how come we don't see them or at least pictures of them? as i have stated many times the book was created by man to give man rules on which to live by,without order and leadership you have chaos,that is what the bible is all about,it is not a devine religious spiritual book,it's just a book of rules and fables...also as i posted before I would love to see a hollywood director do a movie about the bible,not just parts of it but every word of it from genisis to revelations.my choice for director would be ron howard (opie) he has created some great movies,i think he could produce the movie the way i suggested.
preston

Athens, OH

#397440 Oct 20, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You still have 'heart trouble'.Pity you can't see it.
Oh, I dont mind telling you.

one day, at my moms, I was going to fix a balogna sandwich but mom had no bread, so she told me to go donw to my sisters to get a couple of slices. and I did, however my sister wasnt there, so I walked out without any. mom asked me why I didnt bring any up and I told her that Norma wasnt there, so I couldnt take any.

Mom understood, you probably wont tho.

but I can help you understand the difference between me and you. it is called being "sensitive to the spirit", It goes with that second definite works of Grace.

now if you ever got the FIRST work, you might have a little better time of undestanding why you have a filthy mouth on here and I dont

usa

#397441 Oct 20, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus was born, was he God or was he just God's bastard son?
I've always been confused about that. Some say he was the physical God. Some say he was God's son. What say you?
he was god in human form according to the theory.

usa

#397442 Oct 20, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an Asian girl with freckles. Nuff said.
prove it,show us a picture of yourself without sun glasses,if you do not want to put it up on your profile you can send me a private picture which i will not share with anyone, unless you tell me other wise.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#397443 Oct 20, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>why can't you just pick up the book and read it,interpret it and understand it? it's not hard,if you come across something you don't understand you just research it through other resources,the religious organizations tell you that you can't do that,because if you could,what do you need a church for? they'd all be out of buisness(which they should be),i understand it,it is a book of stories put together over a lengthy period of time from which the stories were lets say borrowed from other religions and fable/mythical writers. do you actually believe in a talking donkey? or a talking burning bush? or a woman being turned into a pillar of salt? and most of all in the book of revelations,the way john describes what jesus looks like,do you really believe he looks like that?? no one stops and thinks about what they are being told or reading,why? because of our fear of the dark (death),i had that same fear but i have over come it, and excepted the fact that one day I am going to die and there is nothing i can do about it,even more so now that i have been fighting cancer.wether you like it or not this is a one shot deal,when you die that's it,you planted in the ground or b-b-q'd,there is no heaven and there is no hell nore purgatory,if there is,show me where they are? the firey pit that leads to hell? where is it? must be here on earth somewhere. and how come we never see pictures of the gates of hell that will not prevail against the pagan/christian church?where are these gates? in italy or in antioch where the church forced itself upon the christian church that was there? where are the gates that lead to heaven? how come we don't see them or at least pictures of them? as i have stated many times the book was created by man to give man rules on which to live by,without order and leadership you have chaos,that is what the bible is all about,it is not a devine religious spiritual book,it's just a book of rules and fables...also as i posted before I would love to see a hollywood director do a movie about the bible,not just parts of it but every word of it from genisis to revelations.my choice for director would be ron howard (opie) he has created some great movies,i think he could produce the movie the way i suggested.
b-b-q'd?

jethro? Are you dying?

I'm going to die. It's what happens.

He not busy being born is busy dying.~ Bob Dylan

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#397444 Oct 20, 2012
Sola Scriptura:

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy SCRIPTURES, WHICH ARE ABLE TO MAKE THEE WISE UNTO SALVATION THROUGH FAITH WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS.
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

KM

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#397445 Oct 20, 2012
seraphima wrote:
Please pray for my Hermi.He was life flighted to Pittsburg Hospital and is in critical condition.

Thank you for letting us know. We will be praying for him. May God bless you both.

KayMarie

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#397446 Oct 20, 2012
Klink wrote:
The Roman Harlot
www.youtube.com/watch...
Yup -- describes romanism to a tee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sensual London Massage (Apr '12) 38 min shaggy 9
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr ROCCO 31,647
Couple in dallas tx looking for a female to hav... (Jan '15) 1 hr rmmslat 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr nanoanomaly 987,439
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 hr Ricky F 39,265
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 4 hr Johnny 6
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 5 hr Johnny 32
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) Sep 21 River Tam 619,794
More from around the web