Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653989 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#396701 Oct 16, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you feel if a large institution made up a lie and publicly claimed that you said this --- "God says to adore my immaculate heart, but because you didn't do so enough already, millions of innocents have died in war."
You would sue for slander.
Why do you insist on making excuses for a church that lies and puts similar words in the Blessed Mary's mouth -- a big RCC lie which makes her out to be a narcissistic slut?
I defend Mary against such lies, and you attack me.
Jesus isn't going to like that.
~~~

The marriage of the bride of Christ is supposed to be between HE and HIS bride (the Church )alone.

2Co_11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

The Roman Catholic have put the Mother of the groom between them and the Groom,...

THIS FOOLISHNESS has createD a strange relationship.

They have invented a proxy relationship with the GROOM. JESUS CHRIST

WITH MARY (his mother) BETWEEN THEM...

WHICH IS A SPIRITUAL ACT OF FORNICATION AND ADULTERY...

THE BIBLE DOES NOT INFER ( in any light,)THAT SUCH A RELATIONSHIP SHOULD BE FORMULATED..
MICHAEL

Canada

#396702 Oct 16, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
Farewell to the American Protestant Majority
According to a new study by the Pew Forum, Protestants are, for the first time in history, not a majority inwas shuttled over to the neighborhood United Methodist church.
That culture is over. liturgies. Should we lament the fact that the Riverside Avenue Protestant establishment is now collapsing under the weight of its own bureaucracy?
http://www.russellmoore.com/2012/10/09/farewe...
Let's face it Protestants, you have a real problem on your hand that you have created.
edited for space....
2012: 51.3% of americans are protestant. 23.9% are catholic.
2012 there are 151 MILLION protestants in the USA. There are 67 million catholics........those numbers are current.
HUH!!
PEW research centre indicates that 1 in every 10 american adults today are former roman catholics. Also states that for "every 4 catholics in america who leave the church only 1 new person joins"....devasting news!
MAY 2012......."MASS EXODUS FROM CATHOLIC CHURCH"
http://www.chicagonow.com/running-with-a-book...
http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2012/apr/06/m...
My condolences!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#396703 Oct 16, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
scram kid. I don't think you were even on this forum when when free called Mary a "narcisisst slut". If I'm lying, go back and find the post where I took it out of context. The fact is, it was worded just like I said. I remember it well because I had a sick feeling when he read it. We clearly discussed it that day, then a couple days later it was flagged and gone. No protestant defended the Blessed Mother even after I specifically asked them too. That's how sick in the head you are.
1. I'm not a kid
2. I will not 'scram'
3. YES, I WAS here, and corrected you as well as others corrected you.

So snap your over-sized gob into the SHUT position, boy.
MICHAEL

Canada

#396704 Oct 16, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the guidance of Father Free Mind, they confuse faith and fact, which tears them apart mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.
I feel guilty.
Maybe! just maybe you could re-appoint yourself "FATHER FREE MIND" again.

If Jesus could self appoint himself the head of the catholic church, I see no reason why you couldn't have those powers vested in you?

You must have saved countless souls, and arbitrated several christian fights on this forum.

You have received the calling AGAIN!
MICHAEL

Canada

#396705 Oct 16, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The marriage of the bride of Christ is supposed to be between HE and HIS bride (the Church )alone.
2Co_11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
The Roman Catholic have put the Mother of the groom between them and the Groom,...
THIS FOOLISHNESS has createD a strange relationship.
They have invented a proxy relationship with the GROOM. JESUS CHRIST
WITH MARY (his mother) BETWEEN THEM...
WHICH IS A SPIRITUAL ACT OF FORNICATION AND ADULTERY...
THE BIBLE DOES NOT INFER ( in any light,)THAT SUCH A RELATIONSHIP SHOULD BE FORMULATED..
Catholics refer to nuns as BRIDES OF CHRIST!

How many brides of christ are there?
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#396706 Oct 16, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY says.......
........The RCC had nothing to do with Fatima.
If that is the case why does the Vatican have the "third secret" of Fatima locked up in the vatican archives under guard?
http://www.fatima.org/news/newsviews/secret02...
None of my valuables locked up in the vatican?
Yes. Under Vatican lock and key for about 5 decades.

But they learned from previous lies, so when the big secret finally was released, it was just a bland, plain vanilla "secret."

Then everyone said "why was THAT keep secret?"

Obvious lies are obvious.

Another mark against the one-true baloney as well.

MICHAEL

Canada

#396707 Oct 16, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the guidance of Father Free Mind, they confuse faith and fact, which tears them apart mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.
I feel guilty.
Are you up for the task??

Maybe you! FATHER FREE MIND and FATHER ROB could sort out the fighting and hatred between catholics/protestants.

We need someone unbiased, that leaves Father Rob out. We know what side he is on.

Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#396708 Oct 16, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe! just maybe you could re-appoint yourself "FATHER FREE MIND" again.
If Jesus could self appoint himself the head of the catholic church, I see no reason why you couldn't have those powers vested in you?
You must have saved countless souls, and arbitrated several christian fights on this forum.
You have received the calling AGAIN!
Thank you Michael. I am but a flicker of hope compared to your amazing facts and insights, backed by verifiable RCC links no less.

The Church thanks you. We all thank you.
MICHAEL

Canada

#396709 Oct 16, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Under Vatican lock and key for about 5 decades.
But they learned from previous lies, so when the big secret finally was released, it was just a bland, plain vanilla "secret."
Then everyone said "why was THAT keep secret?"
Obvious lies are obvious.
Another mark against the one-true baloney as well.
Any pictures I have seen at the exits of Fatima and Lourdes are mountain high piles of canes and crutches left behind by those that were healed, but looking cloesly at all those pictures I have never seen even 1 prosthetic leg or arm from the gimps that went to Fatima/Lourdes to have a new arm or leg grow back.

As we have said in the past, why does God descriminate against limbless people? Shouldn't their prayers be answered too?
MICHAEL

Canada

#396710 Oct 16, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>snipped for space,DayStorm I am so glad you put up the cite,hopefully people will read it,Moore concludes that he personally is glad to see the Protestant majority to leave "Good Riddens",yet he stands up for the evangelical voice that has retained a strong message that is new and vital for all classes of people on this earth.Old Protestant Reformer majority is long gone,in my city they struggle with less than 70 people at a given service.
A Presbyterian and a well known Congregational church here in my city merged.Both churches were huge edifices,beautiful buildings with attached activities gyms and kitchens,rooms for Sunday"SCHOOL". The Presbyterian church sold its building to the Mendolsyn Club,good move,now the true leftovers of an American Arts society will entertain many.The Presbyterians in our city have nothing left to preach about,a watered down message that comforts often even the demons in hell when they get mad over Jesus saving more souls.They got together with the Congregationalists who were even more entrenched in a Social gospel,they were literally running out of funds to have the weekly potluck..
The Congregationalists invited every known activist they could find who would donate an hour talking about the hope that all human beings would be able to marry anyone of their choice,and that their church will be the first in this city to marry any couple. "Jesus would have done that in his day if such a couple came to him in secret,well who knows maybe gay couples did in fact come to him in secret?" That Congregational church which finally merged with the Presbyterian had 4 less in their congregation and were ready to close their doors,it hit our newspapers quite often.
There was also on TV women from that church complaining that some Evangelical churches in this city were busting at the seams, because they appealed to the freedom of spirit that so many people want that is not "RELIGIOUS". The woman said on TV her church was religious,and that is a dying trend.A surey was done by the local news of which churches were doing well with large congregations: The Roman Catholic,the Assemblies of God,An Evangelical movement which includes Evangelical Free(Evangelical Covenant and Evangelical Christian churches).AND some independent non-denominational churches with Pentecostal/Evangelical theologies.
The truth of the matter is: The historical Reformer churches are dying out,because they cannot keep their youth,the ages of 20 to 30 are totally missing in those churches,with small exceptions.The music and social functions of the Reformer churches are led by homosexuals,the ministers are for the most part pagan and reject the authenticity of Scripture(some exceptions).I know gay couples who frequent the reformer churches,and even have their own two churches in my city.The gays who are RC go to mass,but complain that the church ultimately rejects their way of life.
October 9, 2012 media story......

What those statistics mean is that now only 48% of population in america are protestant, use to be 51%. Only 22% of americans are roman catholic, down from 23%, and 24% just 10 years ago.

THE FASTEST GROWING! group in america are the "NON RELIGIOUS" which has grown 25% in the past 5 years to "1 in 5 americans" are now non religious, and are growing at a faster rate than even WICCA which was the fastest growing group previous.

Currently there are just under 68 million catholics in america out of 312,000,000 million people......22% catholic.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/10...





MICHAEL

Canada

#396711 Oct 16, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Michael. I am but a flicker of hope compared to your amazing facts and insights, backed by verifiable RCC links no less.
The Church thanks you. We all thank you.
No problem!

My pile of grace and my total amount of grace is growing. It pays to be honest, truthful, and good.

The others being so defensive deminishes their accumulation of grace.
MICHAEL

Canada

#396712 Oct 16, 2012
The fastest growing group today in america. NON RELIGIOUS.

Today 1 in 5 americans claims to be NON RELIGIOUS. If non religious could be classed as a religion it would be the second largest denomination in america.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/10...

I wonder how many non religious there will be in 5, 10, 25 years?
Pad

Fishers, IN

#396713 Oct 16, 2012
LTM wrote:
Come now is a time to worship
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ELdQ66LK5QwXX
Absolutely beautiful!
MICHAEL

Canada

#396714 Oct 16, 2012
When people buy more Japanese cars than american cars its not the consumers fault.

When americans opt out of organized religion, its not the peoples fault.

Check you're product. Thats the problem.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#396715 Oct 16, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
Does it make sense that a one-true church guided by Jesus would somehow be opposed to democracy and other Reformation ideals, such as equal justice before your peers -- for centuries?
Of course not.
The RCC has been a follower when it comes to ideals such as equal justice for all.
The only reason this could be is that the RCC is not really chosen and guided by Jesus.
There are many other real-world, real-life facts that serve to dispel the absurd one-true myth.
Greetings Free Mind

Hmmm....Reformation ideals? Justice?

Giving me 20 cents for a two step dance are you...,lol

Well, about all I can say is that Thomas Acquinas wrote downa pretty good argument down for "justice" in his Summa Theologica in the late 1200's which predates the Reformation by a few centuries....European society had to rebuild itself from the barbarian raids that put the end to the Roman Empire enough to call itself a society again, that took a thousand years....

So how is justice determined in society today? Certainly not by how much money one has? Or not?(smile) When do you think it will change?

Is it really the message of Christianity to promote democracy? I always thought it was to love God and fellow man, and give them the Good News....Maybe one of us has got it wrong, or the wrong way of looking at the question?(smile)
charles

Dublin, OH

#396716 Oct 16, 2012
Acts 10 :25 When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying,“Stand up; I too am a man.”



What does God say about Man:



Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?
- this includes Peter



Genesis 8:21 And when the Lord smelled the pleasing aroma, the Lord said in his heart,“I will never again curse[a] the ground because of man, for the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth.
-this includes Peter



Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
-this includes Peter



Matthew 16:23 But he turned and said to Peter,“Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block[a] to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.”
-Jesus talking to Peter



**do you see the pattern here? Yet millions of catholics believe Christ's church was built on a mere man. Why does that makes sense to catholics?
Fr Robert Dye

Subiaco, AR

#396717 Oct 16, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY says.......
........The RCC had nothing to do with Fatima.
If that is the case why does the Vatican have the "third secret" of Fatima locked up in the vatican archives under guard?
http://www.fatima.org/news/newsviews/secret02...
None of my valuables locked up in the vatican?
.
You mean when you left the Church, they didn't put your common sense in a vault somewhere?
.
Coulda fooled me ...
.
TOOTHBRUSH!
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#396718 Oct 16, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Free Mind
Hmmm....Reformation ideals? Justice?
Giving me 20 cents for a two step dance are you...,lol
Well, about all I can say is that Thomas Acquinas wrote downa pretty good argument down for "justice" in his Summa Theologica in the late 1200's which predates the Reformation by a few centuries....European society had to rebuild itself from the barbarian raids that put the end to the Roman Empire enough to call itself a society again, that took a thousand years....
So how is justice determined in society today? Certainly not by how much money one has? Or not?(smile) When do you think it will change?
Is it really the message of Christianity to promote democracy? I always thought it was to love God and fellow man, and give them the Good News....Maybe one of us has got it wrong, or the wrong way of looking at the question?(smile)
Justice, yes. Perfect justice? Of course not. Don't be silly. But isn't it nice to know that if you are brought into court, you have the right to be judged by a jury of your peers -- instead of the local Bishop.

No, the church doesn't need to promote democracy, but neither should it actively oppose democracy either. But then again, for the RCC, hasn't power always been more important than morality?

You may spin and avoid the obvious, but that doesn't change the facts.

Here's an idea. Let's just them by their deeds.

"Perfect teachings" on faith and morals? Who knows, so lets judge them by their deeds!

Vatican morality anyone?

Fr Robert Dye

Subiaco, AR

#396719 Oct 16, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you up for the task??
Maybe you! FATHER FREE MIND and FATHER ROB could sort out the fighting and hatred between catholics/protestants.
We need someone unbiased, that leaves Father Rob out. We know what side he is on.
Thank you.

BELGIUM!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#396720 Oct 16, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
scram kid. I don't think you were even on this forum when when free called Mary a "narcisisst slut". If I'm lying, go back and find the post where I took it out of context. The fact is, it was worded just like I said. I remember it well because I had a sick feeling when he read it. We clearly discussed it that day, then a couple days later it was flagged and gone. No protestant defended the Blessed Mother even after I specifically asked them too. That's how sick in the head you are.
Now Clay,I did.
I remember it well, because said something to him about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min ROCCO 63,964
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min RiccardoFire 45,237
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Hangman 973,787
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min RiccardoFire 106,502
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min onemale 281,866
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 34 min punkaman 26
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 54 min andet1987 2,580
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 19 hr teqy2000 79
More from around the web