Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637038 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#396678 Oct 16, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what you have posted in the past and even recently.
you said NOW! The fact is that both Catholics and Protestants are "ecumentical brothers and sisters in Christ".
You have named many protestant posters on this forum calling their beliefs "HALF TRUTHS" "HERISIES" TWISTED DISTORTED, and worse.
from you're friend MICHAEL.....
he is just like the catholic church,changes his words to suit his purpose,and you are right michael,he did/does call non-catholics nasty things all the time (i should know)his past posts prove it and now he is denying it,typical.

usa

#396679 Oct 16, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I search for information. When I learn that long before Jesus came other man/gods centuries before practiced the very same customs/traditions that christianity teaches today one has to wonder WHY?
We all know today Christmas trees and Easter eggs were originally Pagan, and you know the seasonal timing of the two holidays is Pagan too. Christianity claimed these traditions for themselves. Ancient cultures around the Mediterranean shared standard ideas about Gods and their powers and place in the universe and that Christianity simply adopted those ideas and applied them to Jesus.
Back in the day people knew godmen performed miracles. The first Christians thought Jesus was a godman, so they told stories about Jesus doing miracles. They even had Him doing the same miracles as the other godmen from 1,000 years before.
The core belief of Christianity the worship of a miracle working, walking, talking godman "WHO BRINGS SALVATION" was the core of other ancient religions that began at least a thousand years before Jesus.
Prophecy, Heaven, hell, demon possession, sacrifice, initiation by baptism, communion with God through a holy meal, the Holy Spirit, monotheism, immortality of the soul, and many other "Christian" ideas all belonged to earlier, older Pagan faiths. They were simply part of ancient Mediterranean culture.
Along with miracle working sons of God, born of a mortal woman, they were common elements of pre-Christian Pagan religion. Mithras had 'em. So did Dionysus, Attis, Osiris, and Orpheus. And more.
And they had them generations—centuries— before the name Jesus even existed.
Promised salvation is the corner stone of christian belief. For those that don't know Promised eternal salvation was practiced by god/men long before Jesus arrived.
Why would christianity copy so many elements of their faith from others who came before. Is christianity just a frankenstein religion. Bits and pieces brought together to create their very own version?
One has to wonder when we allow ourselves to learn about the other Gods that came before Jesus God.
your right,it is a religion based on stories from past religions/stories,one taken from here one from there and so on.if you look you'll find bible stories dating way back before christianity was born.

usa

#396680 Oct 16, 2012
I Love Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY am I subjected to this trash talk?? Why do I have to lower myself to be at your filthy level?? Your bull---shit is all bull---shit and is tradition. Sodomy on every level. I must keep speaking as Jesus did to the BULL--shit in his day of scumbs. You are TOOLS.
13 year old girl needs blood transfussion in order to live,her parents are jehovahs,the transfussion goes against their beliefs,god will save their child they say,two days later the girl died.woman suffers major injuries in car crash needs blood in order to survive her husband tells doctors not to give it to her,it's against their religious beliefs (jehovah)she dies,forgive me for saying this people but, JEHOVAH RELIGION SUCKS!should be outlawed.you dare call others trash?
Clay

Chicago, IL

#396681 Oct 16, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
LIE.
Free said no such thing, and you have been corrected on this numerous times now.
If you want to be considered credible, you need to start telling the truth.
scram kid. I don't think you were even on this forum when when free called Mary a "narcisisst slut". If I'm lying, go back and find the post where I took it out of context. The fact is, it was worded just like I said. I remember it well because I had a sick feeling when he read it. We clearly discussed it that day, then a couple days later it was flagged and gone. No protestant defended the Blessed Mother even after I specifically asked them too. That's how sick in the head you are.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#396682 Oct 16, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
"The RCC had nothing to do with Fatima" -- Thanks for the laugh.
October 12, 2012.... A new cathedral is named in honor of Our Lady of Fatima.
http://www.fatima.org/
I am only the messenger, pointing out the shameful and disgusting facts.
In "helping" a poor deluded woman to piece together this apparition, the RCC concocted a lie that makes poor Mary out to be a demanding, self-centered (e.g. narcissistic) witch.
Now they can't back out. It's a great money-maker and the true believers hide their heads in the sand when it comes to the details anyhow.
I agree. The details are disgusting and you have a right to get angry. But your anger should be at the people who made up and promote the lies about Fatima. I defend Mary. She is NOT the witch the RCC makes her out to be.
You don't have the normal brain capacity to understand what went on at Fatima. You let your militant homosexual ideology cloud any possible dialogue.
Its better when no one talks with you. Then you and Michael can talk and give each other judgies while we all skip over your posts. Lol

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#396683 Oct 16, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have the normal brain capacity to understand what went on at Fatima. You let your militant homosexual ideology cloud any possible dialogue.
Its better when no one talks with you. Then you and Michael can talk and give each other judgies while we all skip over your posts. Lol
CHRISTIAN Fight !!!!!

I love this thread.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#396684 Oct 16, 2012
I Love Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY am I subjected to this trash talk?? Why do I have to lower myself to be at your filthy level?? Your bull---shit is all bull---shit and is tradition. Sodomy on every level. I must keep speaking as Jesus did to the BULL--shit in his day of scumbs. You are TOOLS
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
why are you using God for an excuse to curse at people.
Jesus would not talk like you do. so if you are trying to represent God you are doing a very bad job of it.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#396686 Oct 16, 2012
October 16, 2012— byBill Crowder

Subscribe on iTunes
Play MP3 (Mobile)

Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les Lamborn

Read: 2 Timothy 2:14-26

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth.—2 Timothy 2:15

Bible in a Year:
Matthew 12-15

Recently I was reading about how easy it is to mishandle the message of the Bible. We may try to make it support what we already believe is true instead of allowing it to speak to us with God’s intended message. Some people use the Bible to defend one side of an issue, while others use the Bible to attack that same issue. Both quote Scripture to support their views, but both can’t be right.

It is important as we use God’s Word that we are committed to saying no more and no less than the Scriptures actually say. If we mishandle the Word, we misrepresent it, which ultimately misrepresents God’s character. This is why Paul challenged Timothy,“Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth”(2 Tim. 2:15). A key priority for unashamed, approved workers for Christ is to accurately interpret (“rightly divide”) God’s Word. As we study, we can depend on the Spirit, who inspired it, to give us understanding and wisdom.

Through our words and actions, we have opportunity to represent God’s Word in ways that genuinely reflect God’s heart. That is one of the greatest privileges of the Christian life.
Father, thank You for giving us Your Word to guideour lives. May we give it the serious care andhandling it so richly deserves, and may we live itout daily through our actions and attitudes. Amen.
God’s Word— handle with care.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#396687 Oct 16, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge, no Catholic will ever deny that you encounter the Holy Spirit upon your commitment to Christ.
The issue is how Protestants are really being called.
I think too many Protestants go awol upon the receiving of the Holy Spirit and think they are being called to open up their own church etc...they believe they just been declared the authority on sacred scripture, and some of them let a little pride get in the way, so they immediately trash - what they view as the rival.
Im telling you Marge, they will not admit it, but it is complete and utter chaos in the world of private interpretation and sola scripture.
Mother Teresa said it best: "We are not called to do great things, we are only called to do small things with great love".
Any call in Christianity can NOT be conducted outside of Church teachings. Period. Christ would not have it any other way.
2 Thessalonians 2:13-15

13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.

14 [[[[[He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.]]]]]

15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

2 Timothy 1:9

9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of [[[his own purpose and grace.]]] This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#396688 Oct 16, 2012
THE RESUME OF JESUS CHRIST

Address: Ephesians 1:20
Phone: Romans 10:13
Keywords: Christ, Lord, Savior and Jesus

OBJECTIVE
My name is Jesus –The Christ. Many call me Lord! I've sent you my resume because I'm seeking the top management position in your heart. Please consider my accomplishments as set forth in my resume.

QUALIFICATIONS
· I founded the earth and established the heavens,(See Proverbs 3:19)
· I formed man from the dust of the ground,
(See Genesis 2:7)
· I breathed into man the breath of life,
(See Genesis 2:7)
· I redeemed man from the curse of the law,
(See Galatians 3:13)
· The blessings of the Abrahamic Covenant comes upon your life through me,(See Galatians 3:14)

OCCUPATIONAL BACKGROUND
· I've only had one employer,(See Luke 2:49 ).
· I've never been tardy, absent, disobedient, slothful or disrespectful.
· My employer has nothing but rave reviews for me,(See Matthew 3:15 -17)

SKILLS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
· Some of my skills and work experiences include: empowering the poor to be poor no more, healing the brokenhearted, setting the captives free, healing the sick, restoring sight to the blind and setting at liberty them that are bruised,(See Luke 4:18).
· I am a Wonderful Counselor,(See Isaiah 9:6). People who listen to me shall dwell safely and shall not fear evil,(See Proverbs 1:33).
· Most importantly, I have the authority, ability and power to cleanse you of your sins,
(See I John 1:7-9)

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
· I encompass the entire breadth and length of knowledge, wisdom and understanding,
(See Proverbs 2:6).
· In me are hid all of the treasures of wisdom and knowledge,(See Colossians 2:3).
· My Word is so powerful; it has been described as being a lamp unto your feet and a light unto your path,(See Psalms 119:105).
· I can even tell you all of the secrets of your heart,(See Psalms 44:21).

MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENTS
·I was an active participant in the greatest Summit Meeting of all times,(See Genesis 1:26).
· I laid down my life so that you may live,(See II Corinthians 5:15).
·I defeated the arch enemy of God and mankind and made a show of them openly,
(See Colossians 2:15 ).
· I've miraculously fed the poor, healed the sick and raised the dead!
· There are many more major accomplishments, too many to mention here. You can read them on my website, which is located at: www dot - the BIBLE. You don't need an Internet connection or computer to access my website.

REFERENCES
· Believers and followers worldwide will testify to my divine healing, salvation, deliverance, miracles, restoration and supernatural guidance

IN SUMMATION
Now that you've read my resume, I'm confident that I'm the only candidate uniquely qualified to fill this vital position in your heart. I will properly direct your paths,(See Proverbs 3:5-6), and lead you into everlasting life,(See John 6:47). When can I start? Time is of the essence,(See Hebrews 3:15).
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#396689 Oct 16, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me.
Jesus IS the Savior.
There is no other name by which people are to be saved.
This is Catholic Teaching.
Rob
Rob says........Jesus IS the Savior.
There is "no other name" by which people are to be saved.

If that is the case why doesn't the catholic church join forces with the other christian denominations put out a world bulletin to everyone on the planet saying if you don't accept Jesus you're no happy eternity for you. Enjoy the short time you have left on earth, the future looks bleak! Join us now or forever scream in the flames of hell.

I say baloney........

Why would an all loving all merciful God delegate souls to hell just because someone misses mass once on sunday, or has a sexual desire moment when one sees an attractive someone from the opposite sex, and forgets to repent, or others are indoctrinated into their loving family and belief system different than you'res.

All scare tactics based on FEARFUL emotion.

makes no common sense........
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#396690 Oct 16, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What would a topix forum be without people like you!
lol
I think the same goes with you.

What kind of forum would this be without you and Mother HOJO?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#396691 Oct 16, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The RCC had nothing to do with Fatima. You were already told this time and time again. This is why most of us consider you the most ignorant of ignorants in all of topix land...a radical ideologue with an education level of a 7th grader..
If you have a problem with what Mary *said* at Fatima, take it up with me, not the Catholic Church. I happen to agree and understand what she meant. My Church does not require any Catholic to believe this....
Admit it, you hate and obsess about the Catholic Church because they are that 'annoying' pillar of truth that prevents you from full enjoying your life choices!!
CLAY says.......

........The RCC had nothing to do with Fatima.

If that is the case why does the Vatican have the "third secret" of Fatima locked up in the vatican archives under guard?

http://www.fatima.org/news/newsviews/secret02...

None of my valuables locked up in the vatican?
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#396692 Oct 16, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob says........Jesus IS the Savior.
There is "no other name" by which people are to be saved.
If that is the case why doesn't the catholic church join forces with the other christian denominations put out a world bulletin to everyone on the planet saying if you don't accept Jesus you're no happy eternity for you. Enjoy the short time you have left on earth, the future looks bleak! Join us now or forever scream in the flames of hell.
I say baloney........
Why would an all loving all merciful God delegate souls to hell just because someone misses mass once on sunday, or has a sexual desire moment when one sees an attractive someone from the opposite sex, and forgets to repent, or others are indoctrinated into their loving family and belief system different than you'res.
All scare tactics based on FEARFUL emotion.
makes no common sense........
God hates Chinese and Indians. That's why most of humanity had little chance of even hearing about Jesus for over 1500 years.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#396693 Oct 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>

CHRISTIAN Fight !!!!!
I love this thread.
Make some popcorn, bring you're favorite beverage, sit on the bleachers, and watch the fighting begin!

Just be careful of the mud paddies being thrown back and forth, some have been known to hit the crowd.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#396694 Oct 16, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
God hates Chinese and Indians. That's why most of humanity had little chance of even hearing about Jesus for over 1500 years.
Hell!, even the scripture writers never heard of anyone outside of Judea. It was a much smaller world back then. Remember Jesus could go to the top of a mountain and speak to everyone on the planet. You try it?(lol)

Hail to the internet.

If ADAM & EVE were the first ONLY! humans on the planet and everyone evolved from them, how do christians explain where chinese, japanese and indians come from?.........EVOLUTION!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#396695 Oct 16, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he is just like the catholic church,changes his words to suit his purpose,and you are right michael,he did/does call non-catholics nasty things all the time (i should know)his past posts prove it and now he is denying it,typical.
CLAY and HOJO are so easy to make fun of.

I usually don't do that to people, but I just can't help it!!
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#396696 Oct 16, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you feel if a large institution made up a lie and publicly claimed that you said this --- "God says to adore my immaculate heart, but because you didn't do so enough already, millions of innocents have died in war."

You would sue for slander.

Why do you insist on making excuses for a church that lies and puts similar words in the Blessed Mary's mouth -- a big RCC lie which makes her out to be a narcissistic slut?

I defend Mary against such lies, and you attack me.

Jesus isn't going to like that.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#396697 Oct 16, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
Farewell to the American Protestant Majority
According to a new study by the Pew Forum, Protestants are, for the first time in history, not a majority in the United States of America. I don’t think that’s anything for evangelical Protestants, or anyone else, to panic about.
have created.
snipped for space,DayStorm I am so glad you put up the cite,hopefully people will read it,Moore concludes that he personally is glad to see the Protestant majority to leave "Good Riddens",yet he stands up for the evangelical voice that has retained a strong message that is new and vital for all classes of people on this earth.Old Protestant Reformer majority is long gone,in my city they struggle with less than 70 people at a given service.

A Presbyterian and a well known Congregational church here in my city merged.Both churches were huge edifices,beautiful buildings with attached activities gyms and kitchens,rooms for Sunday"SCHOOL". The Presbyterian church sold its building to the Mendolsyn Club,good move,now the true leftovers of an American Arts society will entertain many.The Presbyterians in our city have nothing left to preach about,a watered down message that comforts often even the demons in hell when they get mad over Jesus saving more souls.They got together with the Congregationalists who were even more entrenched in a Social gospel,they were literally running out of funds to have the weekly potluck..

The Congregationalists invited every known activist they could find who would donate an hour talking about the hope that all human beings would be able to marry anyone of their choice,and that their church will be the first in this city to marry any couple. "Jesus would have done that in his day if such a couple came to him in secret,well who knows maybe gay couples did in fact come to him in secret?" That Congregational church which finally merged with the Presbyterian had 4 less in their congregation and were ready to close their doors,it hit our newspapers quite often.

There was also on TV women from that church complaining that some Evangelical churches in this city were busting at the seams, because they appealed to the freedom of spirit that so many people want that is not "RELIGIOUS". The woman said on TV her church was religious,and that is a dying trend.A surey was done by the local news of which churches were doing well with large congregations: The Roman Catholic,the Assemblies of God,An Evangelical movement which includes Evangelical Free(Evangelical Covenant and Evangelical Christian churches).AND some independent non-denominational churches with Pentecostal/Evangelical theologies.

The truth of the matter is: The historical Reformer churches are dying out,because they cannot keep their youth,the ages of 20 to 30 are totally missing in those churches,with small exceptions.The music and social functions of the Reformer churches are led by homosexuals,the ministers are for the most part pagan and reject the authenticity of Scripture(some exceptions).I know gay couples who frequent the reformer churches,and even have their own two churches in my city.The gays who are RC go to mass,but complain that the church ultimately rejects their way of life.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#396698 Oct 16, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your right,it is a religion based on stories from past religions/stories,one taken from here one from there and so on.if you look you'll find bible stories dating way back before christianity was born.
They will never admit that.

I wonder what Father Rob says! He never responds to such questions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 min Johnny 3,585
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min Steve 44,070
New Asian Leaders (NAL) 10 min doreeners 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min Steve 618,133
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 41 min River Tam 28,049
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Johnny 4,716
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ2 280,450
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Ravianna 968,651
More from around the web