Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675486 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#396612 Oct 15, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Free Mind good friend
Its not for me say how close most Christians really come....
....but you give yourself enough "credit" to explain what Christianity is supposed to be like [i.e.'expensive']??

Are you speaking for others?

What authority do you possess that allows these statements to take root?

If you ponder my questions, your statements begin to collapse - as analogies and metaphors can mean many different things.

One needs to choose on their own which perception to take.

In other words - Perception is interpretation, which ultimately leads to the mind - which is also....if you are taking notes....Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#396613 Oct 15, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Because and angel of the Lord apeared to both of them. read yo bible mikey
If an angel appeared to an individual, how is it that the story is true, if it were not written by the individual themself?

Do you always conclude that second-hand information is accurate?

If so, why?

If not, how do you support YOUR choice to choose which to believe?

Let's be honest now.....

Albuquerque, NM

#396614 Oct 15, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
A) The only information we have is Paul supposedly had a vision of a Jesus on the road to Damascus. Can you direct me to writings that indicate that Paul met an earthly Jesus? If Jesus died before Paul wrote his epistles than he would have not met an earthly Jesus unless we can find informaton to state he knew a Jesus before he died........otherwise its speculation.....or belief.
B) If Paul was exposed to other writings about Christ would Paul have not indicated that in his own writings? How could one verify fact when you accept 3rd party information. In a court of law we call that "hearsay". The rest is just speculation, and we know speculaton can go in many directions. When talking about son of God, the term speculation would be a misnomer.
C) Again, speculation.
D) I stated the scriptures were probably started around 70 AD. as many biblical scholars claim. If Jesus died around 26-28 AD. and the first gospels were supposedly written decades later why all of a sudden a burst of interest in writing about this man where for years most everyone was silent, but those in the early years after 28 AD, that did believe in a Christ most believed him to be a spirit only and no physical description of an earthly Jesus was given.........as far as I can find.
I am not asserting that no one wrote anything, I am claiming there is no information to state that anyone did write about such a man during his life.
The whole history of this Jesus is very foggy. The 4 gospels have much information that is word for word with each other except John, and other gospel writings conflict with each other, and to not know anything BIO about Jesus, and not even know the year that each gospel was written is troubling for those that seek factual information.
If you have noticed in the forum, not one of these so-called "Christians" would answer through honesty - that "Paul" is not more enlightened than Jesus, but will accept "Paul's" letters (some considered forged even by "Paul") over other texts specifically of teachings by Jesus.

Honesty is what they lack, because it causes them to lose faith.

This is what people are afraid of.

Albuquerque, NM

#396617 Oct 15, 2012
I Love Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
False religion..worship idols....You stupid TOOL
....strike two....

Do you think everyone is a tool?

Did Christianity cause you to call other names?

Do you find comfort in calling others names?

Can you be honest?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#396618 Oct 15, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
....strike two....
Can you be honest?
We have the truth and we know it. We live it. We died in Nazi Germany and went to prisons for our faith. We don't fight wars as others do. Catholics, etc were in Germany and England in WW1 and WW2. Hypocrates. We support Gods Government...Matt. 24:14. I get frustrated with fool and TOOLS like you, NEW AGE crap is all done before in Pagan circles. We have truth, you Tool have paganism. I RULE.

Location hidden

#396619 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>
....strike two....
Can you be honest?
Catholics are the worst in all of history for hypocracy. Worship dungy idols made of stone. God cannot be held in a building like the Vatican....God is in heaven. You fools make him full of tradition and crap. Stupid TOOLS!!
Live Action

Union City, OK

#396620 Oct 15, 2012
At the time of Yahshua their was never a j in the hebrew language in of story.

Location hidden

#396621 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>
....strike two....
Can you be honest?
The Catholic beliefs come from Ancient Pagan Babylon..check it out TOOL. Rome was a pagan nation and adopted christianity....10% and kept their Babylonion beliefs....check it out.

Albuquerque, NM

#396622 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>
....strike two....
Can you be honest?
I Love Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
We have the truth and we know it. We live it. We died in Nazi Germany and went to prisons for our faith. We don't fight wars as others do. Catholics, etc were in Germany and England in WW1 and WW2. Hypocrates. We support Gods Government...Matt. 24:14. I get frustrated with fool and TOOLS like you, NEW AGE crap is all done before in Pagan circles. We have truth, you Tool have paganism. I RULE.
Diversion.

Honesty is hard to come by with individuals like you.

Wanna try again on answering the questions I posed?

Location hidden

#396623 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>
....strike two....
Can you be honest?
<quoted text>
Diversion.
Honesty is hard to come by with individuals like you.
Wanna try again on answering the questions I posed?
Everyone is a TOOL who venerate dungy idols made of stone. Christianity taught me to NOT be like these stupid TOOL followers of hatred. Catholics caused the crusades, inquisition...movements of hatred and don't forget ww1, ww2. Yes I find comfort in exposing garbage. Yes I can be honest.....now lets try to start another war the Catholic way is to support both BOTH sides!! TOOLS
Live Action

Union City, OK

#396624 Oct 15, 2012
We have all been lied to And we are all seeking to find the truth.The one thing I can tell you is to find the truth one must worship and reverence the creator.The native Americans called him the great spirit. and the world would be better off calling him that rather than god a man made god.

I do not understand how it has been proven that man changed his name and turned him into a god....the very thing he warns you not to worship god and or gods.Oh yeah very few are called and chosen to even understand the name.....much less the laws....
Atheist Silurist

Gloucester, UK

#396625 Oct 15, 2012
Pope opens Synod to discuss solution to secular tide.

Malala Yousafzai was shot last Tuesday for "promoting secularism"

Looks like the pope and the Taliban have more in common than they would like to admit.
Fr Robert Dye

Subiaco, AR

#396626 Oct 15, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>I have often wondered why it is that Catholics refuse to acknowledge what Chrost said about the gulf that could not be crossed between those here on earht those who have passed on. What do they think that RCC can change that as well by the Mark of their authority like everything else.
Actually, you have read it wrong.
You are referring to a parable (I think. I could be wrong.) so your are referring to what Jesus says Agraham said, in a story with a religious theme intended to illustrate a point. A parable does NOT have to be a true story.
But let us suppose that the parable or story that Jesus tells is literally tue.
You are still reading it wrong.
If you read what Abraham says to the rich man in the story, it is this:
"And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence."
Abraham is saying that there is a gulf between "Abraham's Bosom" (Heaven, Eternal Life, The Beatific Vision, The Presence of God, cast it however you like) and hell, which is where the rich man ended up, and that this gulf cannot be crossed.
Then the rich man asks that Lazarus be sent to his brothers, that they might repent, and not end up in hell.
Abraham does NOT say that this is impossible, or thatthere is any chasm between the two. He says that if the brothers will not listen to the Law and the Prophets, they will not listen, even if someone is to return from the dead.
The way YOU read it, Jesus Himself could not have returned from the dead.
Of course, the CC reads it differently that you, and proclaims that Jesus really and truly died, and really and truly rose, and rose with a physical body, and was seen, and touched, by His disciples, and the He actually ate in their presence, to show them that He had risen PHYSICALLY, and after this He ascended to the Father, and sits at the Right Hand of ten Father.
I am not sure which parts of this you reject, but my own take is that you should not be rejecting any of it if you are going to claim the name Christian.
Rob
Fr Robert Dye

Subiaco, AR

#396627 Oct 15, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing new, all we can do is share the good-news with them, reason with them and pray for them, same thing we do with the catholics and all who don't know Jesus as their Saviour.
Excuse me.
Jesus IS the Savior.
There is no other name by which people are to be saved.
This is Catholic Teaching.
Rob
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#396628 Oct 15, 2012
I Love Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is a TOOL who venerate dungy idols made of stone. Christianity taught me to NOT be like these stupid TOOL followers of hatred. Catholics caused the crusades, inquisition...movements of hatred and don't forget ww1, ww2. Yes I find comfort in exposing garbage. Yes I can be honest.....now lets try to start another war the Catholic way is to support both BOTH sides!! TOOLS
What would a topix forum be without people like you!
lol
marge

Leesburg, GA

#396629 Oct 15, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me.
Jesus IS the Savior.
There is no other name by which people are to be saved.
This is Catholic Teaching.
Rob
A Protestant teaching also, doesn't mean they believe it or have received Jesus as their Saviour.
Fr Robert Dye

Subiaco, AR

#396630 Oct 15, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, let me help you out.
It is obvious you do not understand what Marge means to say.
She HERSELF receives the direct revelation from the Holy Spirit. NOT through ANY human being.
Correct, Marge?
Clay,
Marge has not replied. I will expand on what I think all this means.
When Marge says hat she does not rely on any human messenger, she means hat she did not even rely on anyone else to tell her which books ought to be considered canonical.
The Holy Spirit told her DIRECTLY.
He spoke directly to HER, and not via any human agent, and gave her the list.
She didn't even rely on a Bible publisher such as Tyndale to get it right.
The Holy Spirit spoke to Marge directly, and gave HER all the scriptures, which she eith wrote out by hand, and then took the ms. to a publisher, which printed her p a copy, on onion-skin paper, or
she typed it all out herself, and bound the pages into a book for, which she now uses for a Bible.
Do you see?
NO OTHER HUMAN AGENT INVOLVED.
No publisher.
No scholar-translators.
No councils.
No apostles or disciples writing the text under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
NO ONE other than the Holy Spirit and Marge.
A DIRECT CONNECTION which produced the sacred scriptures.
I hope this is clearer now, and you can stop intimating that Marge and the Protestant world received the Sacred Scriptures via the Holy Spirit inspiring apostles and disciples, who shared what they received with the early communities, who copied the texts and circulated them, along with other texts which ALSO purported to be sacred texts, which then had to be sifted by Christians under the Inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and finally declared by someone with some kind of authority, since everyone who copied a text thought it was sacred scripture, and thus there were MANY different opinions among Christians.
NONE of that.
.No, the Holy Spirit communicated the ENTIRE Bible, word by word, to EACH Protestant, who had to write it all down for himself or herself, so that the is NO human intermediary for any one of them. Then each one has their own copy printed up and bound, for himself or herself, and NOT for anyone else, as that would be acting as the forbidden human intermediary, which, according to Marge, all True Christians (tm) REJECT.
I hope its clearer now.
Rob
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#396631 Oct 15, 2012
OldJG wrote:
Did a change occur in the Christian church when the Roman Empire moved the capital of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome?
If so, what changes? If not, explain.
No changes in the Holy Mass. No changes is the definition of the Eucharist. The only real change that I see is that the Bible began to form and was completed 70+yrs after the legalization by the Roman Empire. Honestly, Mr G, thats all I see....
The Church clearly had one Bishop - a Pope (35 lived and died BEFORE the legalization of Christianity).
Am I missing something?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#396632 Oct 15, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay,
Marge has not replied. I will expand on what I think all this means.
When Marge says hat she does not rely on any human messenger, she means hat she did not even rely on anyone else to tell her which books ought to be considered canonical.
The Holy Spirit told her DIRECTLY.
He spoke directly to HER, and not via any human agent, and gave her the list.
She didn't even rely on a Bible publisher such as Tyndale to get it right.
The Holy Spirit spoke to Marge directly, and gave HER all the scriptures, which she eith wrote out by hand, and then took the ms. to a publisher, which printed her p a copy, on onion-skin paper, or
she typed it all out herself, and bound the pages into a book for, which she now uses for a Bible.
Do you see?
NO OTHER HUMAN AGENT INVOLVED.
No publisher.
No scholar-translators.
No councils.
No apostles or disciples writing the text under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
NO ONE other than the Holy Spirit and Marge.
A DIRECT CONNECTION which produced the sacred scriptures.
I hope this is clearer now, and you can stop intimating that Marge and the Protestant world received the Sacred Scriptures via the Holy Spirit inspiring apostles and disciples, who shared what they received with the early communities, who copied the texts and circulated them, along with other texts which ALSO purported to be sacred texts, which then had to be sifted by Christians under the Inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and finally declared by someone with some kind of authority, since everyone who copied a text thought it was sacred scripture, and thus there were MANY different opinions among Christians.
NONE of that.
.No, the Holy Spirit communicated the ENTIRE Bible, word by word, to EACH Protestant, who had to write it all down for himself or herself, so that the is NO human intermediary for any one of them. Then each one has their own copy printed up and bound, for himself or herself, and NOT for anyone else, as that would be acting as the forbidden human intermediary, which, according to Marge, all True Christians (tm) REJECT.
I hope its clearer now.
Rob
If the Holy Spirit is perfect and divinely without error. Why do the Protestants have so many different interpretations of scripture - if they claim its being 'revealed' to them by the Holy Spirit?

Location hidden

#396633 Oct 15, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No changes in the Holy Mass. No changes is the definition of the Eucharist. The only real change that I see is that the Bible began to form and was completed 70+yrs after the legalization by the Roman Empire. Honestly, Mr G, thats all I see....
The Church clearly had one Bishop - a Pope (35 lived and died BEFORE the legalization of Christianity).
Am I missing something?
Tradition instead of Gods commandments. Gods commandments are invalid. Whores of Babylon===Catholic Religion. A Harlot who rode all the world powers will be devoured in due time. She sits on many waters==Peoples. She is drunk with the wine of retribution. Gods judgment will come swiftly, through the UN of course. I can't wait.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min ROCCO 110,136
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min New Age Spiritual... 982,196
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 286,307
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Yidfellas v USA 184,726
Finish This Liberal Political Sentence.. 1 hr USS LIBERTY 3
68 year old man missing from Deens Landing?! 9 hr bugg_85 1
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 9 hr andet1987 69
More from around the web