Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 668035 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

MICHAEL

Canada

#396449 Oct 15, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just called to "do my part" defending the TRUE SPOKEN WORDS of Jesus Christ "in the Gospels" against half-truth, half-heretical bible only Christians, agnostics and atheists--on this forum, who in their own rebelliousness and historical ignorance have become "desperate" in their attacks against Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. This is nothing new!! It has happened for over 2000 years, beginning with the Arian Heresies in the 3rd century.
I only need to (again) "do my part"!(pray-fast-listen to, follow and believe His word)....... Our Lord has assured us in Matt 16:18 that the "gates of hell shall not prevail against (His Church)- and HE has not failed keeping His promise for over 2000 years---despite the 41,098+ other Protestant inconsistent and contradicting "hodge-podge" of conflicting (personal opinion) beliefs!! We as Catholics ALL KNOW that the TRUTH of our faith rests in Jesus Christ and the FULLNESS of faith from the Gospel teachings are manifested ONLY in and through His One True Catholic Church--!!
So you are a soldier for Jesus, and an enemy of anyone else who isn't a soldier for Jesus?

as you say......I'm just called to "do my part" defending the TRUE SPOKEN WORDS of Jesus Christ "in the Gospels" against half-truth, half-heretical bible only Christians, agnostics and atheists--on this forum, who in their own rebelliousness and historical ignorance have become "desperate"

Who called upon you to do you're part?

Have you ever talked to Jesus?.......no Michael.
Have you ever seen Jesus?.........no Michael.
Have you ever met Jesus?.......no Michael.

When you actually hear from Jesus, tell him Michael says hello.

7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#396450 Oct 15, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you wanting to stay something???
yes was wondering if he had a testamony from Vietnam a lot hallucinating drugs was being used and chemical agents. Some cultures claimed to used this method to speak to the spiritual rim did they not ? left theirself open to demonic intervention.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#396451 Oct 15, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston's testimony is between him and God.....
Your words that you MIGHT say to him MIGHT come back to bite you....be careful what the TONGUE might say...
That staement was an oxymoron.......lol
MICHAEL

Canada

#396452 Oct 15, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Jethro the reason for the similairties starts right there in the garden of Eden when Gods prescribed his way of worship even that we had to die we find Adam and Eve wearing coats skin (probablly of a lamb skin/wool or both). We find two brothers one worships the way God prescribed and the other didn't and sent off to the land of NOD east of the Garden. Thus the generations are decieved and Gods word of truth confounded. In every culture of the world we have story's of similarity of the flood and within just a few generations we see a religious system of confusion called Babylon. Peoples hearts had already lost much of Gods knowledge even at this time.
He restored that knowledge through the prophets and to his chosen people Israel why Israel? Probablly because the Lord said they where a stiff necked people and would be better example for all mankind inorder to restore the truth of his salvation plan to man kind. This is a broad subject and I don't have to write a book on it.......lol
The following URL would be a interesting place to start howver.
http://www.watchman.org/index-of-cults-and-re...
same goes for Michael.
The adam and eve story is just an allegory.
If our world is about us using free will, than why would an adam and eve who supposedly had NO KNOWLEDGE be tempted by God to do wrong? Who does that?
Imperfect beings, and without knowledge tempted to do wrong?? That makes sense to you?
According to you, Adam and Eve had a choice. 50-50. If Eve had NOT chosen to eat the forbidden fruit as YOU believe what would have happened?
In the scriptures if King Herod HAD been successful in capturing baby Jesus and killing him, what would have happened?
If the crowd at the crucifixion had a change of heart and screamed Barabas instead of Jesus, how would christianity have ever started?
If the catholic fathers in the 3rd century hadn't have come along what would have happened to the scriptures?
All made up stories and FREE WILL was not used in any of them.
Before the world evolved or was created, and before the universe formed "BILLIONS OF YEARS AGO" when there was nothing, what was the purpose of the trinity "BILLIONS/TRILLIONS" of years ago if there was nothing?
What was Gods dominion then?
WHY THEN ALL THE DRAMA!
If today when we sin, we are given free will to repent for our sins. Why was Adam and Eve not given free will to repent for their mistake that you believe.
MICHAEL

Canada

#396453 Oct 15, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>how come jehovahs do not pass out halloween candy? because they don't like random people knocking on their doors looking for a hand out :)
A knock-out punch Jethro!
Clay

Denver, CO

#396454 Oct 15, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it matter as long as I am staying within the gospel of Christ???
Do you not know that God is a jealous God, Clay???
Do you not know that men are all equal in the sight of God???
Do you not know that we will have no control over the lives of others after we die???
Did the Apostle Peter want to be worshiped???
Acts 10:25-26
25 As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence.
26 [[[[[But Peter made him get up.“Stand up,” he said,“I am only a man myself.”]]]]]
If the Apostle Peter didn't want to be worshiped, then what makes you think that he would want us to pray to him???
How can you equate 'praying to someone' as worshipping them?
Look, all worship is for God and God alone. You can't accuse Catholics of worshiping saints, Mary or statues! That is baring false witness.
Again, you can disagree with what Catholics actually do. Your not allowed to tell us we do when we tell you over and over you are mistaken. I would never do that to any group. I want to, at least, hear your testimony before I challenge your position. I'm not gonna accuse you first, then hammer at what *I think* you believe!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#396455 Oct 15, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The adam and eve story is just an allegory.
If our world is about us using free will, than why would an adam and eve who supposedly had NO KNOWLEDGE be tempted by God to do wrong? Who does that?
Imperfect beings, and without knowledge tempted to do wrong?? That makes sense to you?
According to you, Adam and Eve had a choice. 50-50. If Eve had NOT chosen to eat the forbidden fruit as YOU believe what would have happened?
In the scriptures if King Herod HAD been successful in capturing baby Jesus and killing him, what would have happened?
If the crowd at the crucifixion had a change of heart and screamed Barabas instead of Jesus, how would christianity have ever started?
If the catholic fathers in the 3rd century hadn't have come along what would have happened to the scriptures?
All made up stories and FREE WILL was not used in any of them.
Before the world evolved or was created, and before the universe formed "BILLIONS OF YEARS AGO" when there was nothing, what was the purpose of the trinity "BILLIONS/TRILLIONS" of years ago if there was nothing?
What was Gods dominion then?
WHY THEN ALL THE DRAMA!
If today when we sin, we are given free will to repent for our sins. Why was Adam and Eve not given free will to repent for their mistake that you believe.
I do not live my life based on a lot of IF"S

What makes you think Adam and Eve did not have the otipn to repent and turn back to God. They did have fore knowledge of not to eat the forbidden fruit and the consequences it would bring.

The scriptures existed before the catholics come along. All they did is confiscate them and compile/bind them into one book instead of being many individual letters and books.

After the flood how can one be be sure how old the earth is ? I believe God when he said it was made in a litereal 24 hour day from sunset to sunset.
ReginaM

Englishtown, NJ

#396457 Oct 15, 2012
Myth 2

"Christ and the Apostles frequently quoted Old Testament Scripture as their authority, but they never quoted from the deuterocanonical books, nor did they even mention them. Clearly, if these books were part of Scripture, the Lord would have cited them."

This argument fails for two reasons. First, numerous non-canonical books are quoted in the New Testament. These include the Book of Enoch and the Assumption of Moses (quoted by St. Jude), the Ascension of Isaiah (alluded to in Hebrews 11:37), and the writings of the pagan poets Epimenides, Aratus, and Menander (quoted by St. Paul in Acts, 1 Corinthians, and Titus). If quotation equals canonicity, then why aren't these writings in the canon of the Old Testament?

Second, if quotation equals canonicity, then there are numerous books of the protocanonical Old Testament which would have to be excluded. This would include the Song of Songs, Ecclesiastes, Esther, Obadiah, Zephaniah, Judges, 1 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Lamentations and Nahum. Not one of these Old Testament books is ever quoted or alluded to by Christ or the Apostles in the New Testament.

The other fallacy behind Myth #2 is that, far from being ignored in the New Testament (like Ecclesiastes, Esther, and 1 Chronicles) the deuterocanonical books are indeed quoted and alluded to in the New Testament.
http://catholiceducation.org/articles/apologe...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#396458 Oct 15, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you equate 'praying to someone' as worshipping them?
Look, all worship is for God and God alone. You can't accuse Catholics of worshiping saints, Mary or statues! That is baring false witness.
Again, you can disagree with what Catholics actually do. Your not allowed to tell us we do when we tell you over and over you are mistaken. I would never do that to any group. I want to, at least, hear your testimony before I challenge your position. I'm not gonna accuse you first, then hammer at what *I think* you believe!
Prayer/worship is the product of faith of a deeply SPIRITUAL character.

Which apparently you do NOT believe???

Show me scripture that we are COMMANDED to pray to dead saints/Christians???
Clay

Denver, CO

#396459 Oct 15, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not COMMANDED to pray to Saints by our Church either.
Again, I ask you what you believe? It seems you accept most of the Catholic Church's canon of the bible. What do YOU think is inspired scripture worthy of inclusion in the Christian Bible. Do you accept Thomas or Marys gospel? Do you accept Maccabees 1 and 2? Or do you only accept what King James decided to put together?
ReginaM

Englishtown, NJ

#396460 Oct 15, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>But of those 300 quotes,NONE were from any of the apocraphal books. Your source is misleading and your hypothesis is untrue.
Actually, you are incorrect. But don't let that stop you.

The point is if you prefer using an OT canon from a school that rejected Christ, by all means continue to do so.
ReginaM

Englishtown, NJ

#396461 Oct 15, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Hank, not everything in scripture is a command. The most basic example is faith. Scripture tells us what is necessary for salvation, but we aren't *commanded* to believe.

We are told that we should pray for one another (intercessory prayer). It comes down to whether or not you believe that God is a God of the living, not the dead. We believe that the saints are alive with Christ in Heaven, more alive than we are. Apparently, you do not. That's the difference.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#396462 Oct 15, 2012
HOJO says....Matt 16:18 that the "gates of hell shall not prevail against (His Church)- and HE has not failed keeping His promise for over 2000 years----------Hojo, since you continue to use this scripture to ake your point, it might be helpful if you would tell us in your own words what this passage has to do with your claim. What do you believe that the "gates of hell" have to do with the RCC.?
preston

Athens, OH

#396463 Oct 15, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Also,a lot of us have had our differences and even though there are some differences,I believe they are serious about their walk with God.
I think that it is getting pretty evident to everyone that he has an axe to grind with me, his only problem is that his file is dull, especially after he said that I tried to recruit marge and LTM to join in attacking gif with me.
preston

Athens, OH

#396464 Oct 15, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>One can only hope.
why am I not surprised that you would take the side of the devil against me?
Tom

Cottbus, Germany

#396465 Oct 15, 2012
It can be truth, because Catholic religion keeps the teaching and words of Jesus Christ faithfully.
And it does not matter about maybe some people, officials in Church as institution, which are maybe not good. But the word of Christ are kept faithfully.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#396466 Oct 15, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you are incorrect. But don't let that stop you.
The point is if you prefer using an OT canon from a school that rejected Christ, by all means continue to do so.
Jesus HIMSELF often quoted other books of the bible,and stated that 'God has said,' thus confirming the inspiration of the writers. But Jesus NEVER quoted from ANY of the so called apocraphal books.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#396467 Oct 15, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. But Catholics still declare that 'they' are the 'only true church'. So pointing out sins in other organizations seems to prove to you that yours IS the true church. Now if sins in other organizations proves that they are NOT the true church...WHERE does that leave the CC?
KayMarie
Great post here KayMarie. It leaves us all wanting,for A L L have sinned and come short of the glory of God,not my words of course,but that of the Apostle Paul.

The whole body of Christ is affected by the sins perpetrated in our organizations of Christian belief.If the priest scandal brings shame on the Roman Catholics,it also brings shame on us as well.When a minister of the gospel cheats on his wife and runs away with the organist that brings shame to us all.Any time our clergy and laity fall in a big way,are found corrupt and so on,we all suffer knowing that but"for the grace of God go I." We are all wretched.

Our sins are ever before us.BUT that is because GRACE is not known in spite of all our preaching.Thank God many receive it and move on with the LORD,but many miss the valuable treasure of Grace.

Mud slinging is terrible,but when it comes to our flesh what else do we have?If we hold on to the Lord and look to His redemption we learn that He alone is our righteousness.

I personally hate bringing out the sins of us all,because I am a sinner.It seems however that unless you remind others of the sins of the past they walk around like peacocks. We want to forget how easily we are beset by sins.
preston

Athens, OH

#396468 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>yes was wondering if he had a testamony from Vietnam a lot hallucinating drugs was being used and chemical agents. Some cultures claimed to used this method to speak to the spiritual rim did they not ? left theirself open to demonic intervention.
lol, if you can ever find apost of mine where I ever said taht I spoke to Jesus, I would love to see it, however you will never find one.

like I said the other day, I NEVER smoked a joint in Vietnam nor did I evr try acid over there or anywhere else.

AINT IR JUST LIKE THE DEVIL AND/OR HIS MINIONS TO ATTACK THE BRETHERN?

did ellem white teach you how to act like the devil? she was very close to him.
preston

Athens, OH

#396469 Oct 15, 2012
<quoted text>That staement was an oxymoron.......lol
I didnt know that a moron like you would know the truth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 92,868
skype sex id luv to try it (Aug '13) 8 min Fun 214
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min onemale 286,111
The Sims FreePlay Hacks (Feb '14) 43 min Jimmy 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Sky Writer 31 183,665
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 619,239
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 979,527
More from around the web