Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641600 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#396300 Oct 14, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>huh??
Eh, you are not required or forced to believe what we do. So what's your problem?
You and Michael disagree with the Catholic Church. So what? Why the daily obsession..
Can I answer this for you?
You fear a moral authority reminding you that you're living in sin. You feel the need to trash this Church so you can feel more comfortable with the
Choices you made. Its ok, many many people throughout the Church's history tried to make them 'go away'.
I think you should give up. Go after the Mormons or something. You might have more success there.
Clay, when I read post from a catholic.
It always startes with "the church teaches , the teachings of the church is such and such". It never says God said such and such or the Bible says this. If the gospel, the Catholic teach are handed down then why don't they match what the bible says.
If you are going by word of mouth handed down; maybe something has been lost in translation, because only the write word would be the same would it not.
I from time to time go to the Hebrew or Greek translation and you know something they, they haven't changed and very close to the King James version of the Bible.
the Catholic Bible , if you read a 1900 to todays it has changed a lot in several areas. That is just in the 4 gospels.
the catechism is nothing like the Bible at all.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#396301 Oct 14, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you know good and well that I am not catholic. saoif I am mean and nasty to you, I speak that way to people that continuely speak against the Savior and His Word like you have done in the past.
and dont come back and say it is because of people like me that makes you that way.
several years ago, I treated you good until your remarks about the bible, etc.
no i don't know good an well that your not catholic,(short term memory problems)you come off as being catholic because they seem to be the nastiest people here,when taklking about religion,if disagree with them,they bite your head off.it's not people like you or anyone else that make me the way i am,it is my own personal opinion and what i see and read (history) that determine my statements,and i don't know what i said about the bible that has you upset except that it is a book of stories that have been written many times in the past,names and places have been changed to create a whole new story and create christianity,and the catholics took it a step further and combined pagan/christian traditions to create a new ungodly, unholy religion.there is nothing you or anyone else can tell me that would convince me that the popes statement of the C.C. being the true church is acurate,the autrocities of the church make that very clear,nowhere in scripture does jesus/god state the catholic church is his true church and the pope is the vicar of christ,that is a creation of mans ONLY.
MICHAEL

Canada

#396302 Oct 14, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I love his "not a book" dodge.
Yet, upon further inspection, it is certainly NOT like a collection of poetry, where writings can have different "correct" meanings for different people.
No, this collection has only one correct meaning and that correct meaning is interpreted by the RCC. Thus, the contradictions have caused the "correct and perfect" meanings to change many times.
Thus, many levels of theology have been concocted, in order to show why these different interpretations have never been wrong.
Many levels of theology + no comprehensive list of exactly which teachings are top-level and which are not = lots and lots of BS.
Galileo anyone? Now they say Galileo's writings were not again Church teachings, blah, blah. The spin is never-ending.
No one-true church of Jesus or any Greatest Power in the Universe would need so much spin, confusion, and semantics.
God is not the author of confusion??

Never has a collection of writings proved more confusion than the bible. 41,001 christian beliefs, and sects "ALL" using the "inspired scriptures" to prove each of their own conflicting doctrines.

Throughout history trained theologens differ with each other over meanings in the scriptures.

Throughout history educated language translators disagree over greek and hebrew meanings in the scriptures.

WHY SO MUCH CONFUSION??

Shouldn't documents such as the scriptures claimed by "ALL" these 41,001 christian beliefs that was "divinely inspired" by an omniscient and omnipotent deity be crystal clear for all?

.....one just needs to see the "BATTLE" of the scriptures on this forum. Catholics versus protestants.

If you miss one, they are just like a bus. Every few minutes another one will come along.
MICHAEL

Canada

#396303 Oct 14, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
I love & fear Holy God. As one does their earthly "Dad". They know Dads love and knows Dads wrath when they step out of line.
<< Proverbs 1 >>
King James Version
----------
1The proverbs of Solomon the son of
God=Jesus, have no fear of "Hell" anyway.
edited for space.

As we all now know there were many Gospels written in the early centuries and a large number of them were forgeries. Most! The gospel of judas iscariot, the gospel of paul, bartholemew, the oracles or sayings of christ and many more. Obscure men with agendas wrote gospels attached the names of prominent chhristian characters to them to give them the appearance of importance.

Some were forged in the names of apostles and even in the name of christ.

The early centuries AD, the early church was flooded with religious writings. From all the masses of literature only 4 gospels were selected by the religious priests and called the inspired words of god.

How do we know that these 4 gospels weren't forged? There is NO certainty that they were not.

If Christ was a real historical character, why was it necessary to forge any documents to prove his existance? The early christian forgeries are a bold testimony to the weeakness of the christian cause back in the early days.
Live Action

Union City, OK

#396305 Oct 14, 2012
Praise Yahweh

usa

#396306 Oct 14, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you know good and well that I am not catholic. saoif I am mean and nasty to you, I speak that way to people that continuely speak against the Savior and His Word like you have done in the past.
and dont come back and say it is because of people like me that makes you that way.
several years ago, I treated you good until your remarks about the bible, etc.
this is the problem,you disagree with a post i made fine disagree, but why do you and others have to be nasty about it?? now i know why religion causes so many wars.and so far no one has proven a saviour exists and the bible is a holy book,it's all hearsay.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#396307 Oct 14, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The most accurate sources of HISTORY hojo,is that which was done,recorded,the DEEDS of those who perpetrate evil by control.What is left to us is recorded history,we do not see by any stretch a perfect glorious history of Roman Catholicism.
Naturally there are those who were wonderful saints who were RC,and they may have lifted the standard of righteousness at
The Apparitions of Mary all point to the extreme veneration of Mary,such erroneous doctrines,as the Immaculate Conception of It was never meant to be that any church should have such political control over any peoples,that includes the Reformers as well.Jesus did not start a movement of political activists who take over governments and force people to worship Him in a certain way.
What you fail to understand PAD, is that Jesus Christ established, formed and initiated His One True (Universal-Catholic) Church in Matt 16:13-21, to "save sinners". Just because some its members (fell away)-- from their true commitment and dedication to their vocation (and sinned) does not mean that the Catholic Church does not teach the TRUTH! It is a matter of TRUE DOCTRINE vs CONDUCT
The Church can (and does) teach that it is sin to commit adultery, lie, steal, sexually abuse others, cheat, etc. But that does not guarantee that people will not "fall away" and sin! I believe, follow judge and adhere to the Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church because it teaches the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, not because a few of its members "stray and commit sin". If you are going to judge Jesus' One True Catholic Church by those few who stray and commit sin---then you had better throw out your bible--because EVERY ONE of its authors were sinners: Moses was a murderer, David was a adulterer and Paul said, "I am the worst of sinners"! This example "only goes to prove" how ignorant, confused and ridiculous, bible only Protestants are in their distorted twisted and chaotic thinking!!!
preston

Athens, OH

#396308 Oct 14, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>this is the problem,you disagree with a post i made fine disagree, but why do you and others have to be nasty about it?? now i know why religion causes so many wars.and so far no one has proven a saviour exists and the bible is a holy book,it's all hearsay.
oh!, it is not exactly some of your posts that I disagreed with in the past.

it is almost ALL of them.

any person on here that claims to be a Christian and treats you anyway but as a heathen needs to get on their kneees and repent.

you have slandered our Savior worse than any person that i have ever seen. you have spoken about the Bible like it is a dirty paperback.

and I dont have a short term memory, mine is almost perfect, and to me like I said, you are a heathen and a reprobate.

some day, you will find to your dismay that all that you have mocked, was true.

if you attack my Savior, EXPECT ME TO SAY SOMETHING TO YOU.

nice or nt nice, to you it makes no difference to me. you are a zero.

you arent lookng for Truth,

you are just looking to show how ignorant that some people are.

usa

#396309 Oct 14, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The act of murder is rampant in the Bible. In much of the Bible, especially the Old Testament, there are laws that command that people be killed for absurd reasons such as working on the Sabbath, being gay, cursing your parents, going to a fortune teller, piercing you're skin (ear rings etc) or not being a virgin on your wedding night. In addition to these crazy and immoral laws, there are plenty of examples of God's irrationality by his direct killing of many people for reasons that defy any rational explanation such as killing children who make fun of bald people, and the killing of a man who tried to keep the ark of God from falling during transport. There are also countless examples of mass murders commanded by God, including the murder of women, infants, and children.
Christians claim the bible are the inspired words of God. Not a book I want my children reading.
it's more like a book of crime and punishment rather than a religious book.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#396310 Oct 14, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>this is the problem,you disagree with a post i made fine disagree, but why do you and others have to be nasty about it?? now i know why religion causes so many wars.and so far no one has proven a saviour exists and the bible is a holy book,it's all hearsay.
~~~

It is one wise mans said...the word of God is as a Hammer...

With one part you drive a nail

with one part you draw (pull) a nail..

The use of the tool depend upon the skill of the one that uses it.

No skilled finish-carpenter purposefully puts a "cats-eye ( a dent...the print of the hammer head" . which is irreparable damage) in a fine piece of wood.

An no skilled mature Christian should purposefully leave a pock mark of irreparable damage upon the soul of those they have attempted to draw to the Lord Jesus Christ.

It is self defeating and antichrist.

GOD IS LOVE...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#396311 Oct 14, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Hojo, then what do you counter with?
Please offer something of subtance. I have asked this about 30X's.
And I have told you 30+ times. Read TRUE AUTHENTICATED Church History by Accredited Apologist Historian authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant) who "overwhelmingly agree" that the Historically and Biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church is--just that---the ONLY TRUE CHURCH. The TRUE INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE came in 382, 393 and 387AD from the Early Church Fathers, who formed the Canon of Scripture from the writings, documents, letters, and parchments recorded by Jesus' Apostles. it took over 350 of discernment, prayer, and meditation from the compiled and gathered information by the Early Church Fathers---from the Apostles---to put the bible together --in chronological order. Your "distorted--anti-catholic --Protestant history book of "made-up myths" still claim that an "unknown Christian--was walking along the Road to Amaeus with Cleopus and Zecheius and Jesus----and found a copy of the bible on the side of the Road---exclaiming AH--HA-"now can NOW dispute TRUE Catholic Church History. Making up your own Protestant history book as you "go along" is about as "desperate" as it gets!!!

#396312 Oct 14, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
~~~

If I have caused you pain and abused you any way and influenced you to the point that would make you feel the way that you have honestly posted here..

You have my honest and humble apology.

God is faithful...
preston

Athens, OH

#396313 Oct 14, 2012
as anyone can see, my statement that jethro is a heathen is very accurate.

hea·then&#8194; &#8194;/&#712;hið& #601;n/ Show Spelled [hee-thuhn] Show IPA noun, plural hea·thens, hea·then, adjective
noun
1. an unconverted individual of a people that do not acknowledge the God of the Bible;

and for his info, I was trained to shoot a rifle, the same as every trainee that enters into the army.

and this year, we look back at the Cuban crisis, when our navy(my brother in law was on the ship, Joseph Kennedythat stoped the Russians) stood against the ty,ranny of cuba and its ally the Russians.

without our army, navy and air force, we could now be a communist country
preston

Athens, OH

#396314 Oct 14, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
If I have caused you pain and abused you any way and influenced you to the point that would make you feel the way that you have honestly posted here..
You have my honest and humble apology.
God is faithful...
I cant believe this is coming from someone who claims to be a preacher.

I just went in to get a pepsi and the Lord gave me this.

FOR YOU;

WHY WOULD YOU DISHONOR THE SAVIOR BY APOLOGIZING TO THE LIKES OF HIM?

#396315 Oct 14, 2012
preston wrote:
as anyone can see, my statement that jethro is a heathen is very accurate.
hea·then&#8194; &#8194;/&#712;hið& #601;n/ Show Spelled [hee-thuhn] Show IPA noun, plural hea·thens, hea·then, adjective
noun
1. an unconverted individual of a people that do not acknowledge the God of the Bible;
and for his info, I was trained to shoot a rifle, the same as every trainee that enters into the army.
and this year, we look back at the Cuban crisis, when our navy(my brother in law was on the ship, Joseph Kennedythat stoped the Russians) stood against the ty,ranny of cuba and its ally the Russians.
without our army, navy and air force, we could now be a communist country
~~~

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Eph 6:12 --> For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. <--

Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

~~~

2Co 10:2 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.

2Co 10:3 --> For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: <--

2Co 10:4 --> (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)<--

2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

2Co 10:6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

2Co 10:7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

2Co 10:8 For though I should boast somewhat more of our authority, which the Lord hath given us for edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed:

usa

#396316 Oct 14, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would any God create the 10 commandments for us to follow and live decent moral lives following the example of God, when the God himself breaks many of these very 10 commandments with the murder of innocent people, the rape and stonings of others, and slavery is OK.
.....This God, according to the Bible, is directly responsible for many mass-murders, rapes, pillage, plunder, slavery, child abuse and killing, not to mention the killing of unborn children.
All written in the bible......so there is no reason for ANYONE to condemn us for what we post......
people only see the good in the bible,not the bad,just like they turn their back on today's holy autrocities.they don't want to hear it or believe it.

usa

#396317 Oct 14, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro, I took a job as a superintendent in a high rise in Toronto,
they had people from every nation living in it.
Most from the middle east,they got along fine no fighting at all.
Its not the common people themselves that want war its the governments most of the time. Declaring war against each other and they are the ones with the armies, the people get caught in the middle.
Some of these governments kill their own people, and blame it on another regime to get the war going.
I have talked to a lot of them and they understand what is going on.
The only people who I found polite but not overly friendly is the Iranians.
The 8th floor of the building I called Jamaica, it was like one big family the whole floor no doors just curtains on the apts.
You could smell the wacky tobacco before the elevator doors opened.
they never cause problems.
you must of heard and seen some pretty interesting things the time you were there.

usa

#396318 Oct 14, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not easy to understand why people hurt children Jethro.
Its an evil we can't wrap our minds around.
I don't have the answer to your question, all I know God had nothing to do with this murder, and to why He let it happen,
He didn't. God will however repay evil for evil.
I do know that little girl is in the arms of Jesus, safe from all the evil of this world nothing will ever hurt her again.
her parents didn't deserve this,if he exists he should of intervened on behalf of the parents at least,save them from i'm sure unbearable grief,isn't that what he suspose to do? we are his children and he does nothing to protect us.is he afraid of the devil?
Pad

Fishers, IN

#396319 Oct 14, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason you believe is solely based on you're FEAR that you're soul will end up in a lake of fire if you don't believe God-Jesus.
Do you really care about Jesus, or do you care ONLY because you believe he promised you something, and you must OBEY and believe or you to will end up in a lake of fire?
In you're view anyone on our planet all men, women and children who are not christian are doomed to a lake of fire for eternity?
I say hatred, I say BALONEY!....I say makes no common sense.
So much for the ALL LOVING, ALL MERCIFUL GOD!
Thats an arrogant God.
Your opinion Michael,and if we agree with you on this we are settling for just what you have determined as a final indictment against God:"That's an arrogant God."

I do not see an arrogant God at all in Scripture,both old or new testaments.But I see that He wants us to know Him,and what He wants to do in our lives.He is not limited to your assessment of Him,nor mine for that matter.If I say to you that the Scripture tells us that God condemns many to hell who do not accept Jesus,I do not see that as the final scene in this drama.

God is the Creator,and we are His Creation,there has to be much more to His Will and purpose for us,than we personally can assess on our own.If I say one thing and you another,neither one of us can fully prove we are right.But faith is a powerful element of human reasoning,because it brings us to the vulnerability of human understanding.We are afraid to look beyond certain concepts we hold dear,so we instead limit God to our own understanding of Him.

The Bible brings a blueprint to us,not a complete picture.Faith helps us to settle that which we cannot fathom with Him,who knows all.Jesus stated the truth about His Father,the love,majesty and awesomeness of the Creator calls us to resign our lives to Him,to be obstinate and throw everything back into His face is to say we would rather spend our lives and what is considered eternity without Him.Your decision to lean only on your own understanding leaves you with a box like view of life as a whole,you are literally your own god.Did you create yourself?

I see in the Bible a challenge to forsake my limitations,for the vastness or wideness of His glory.Declaring God as arrogant,or cruel,or whatever other negative notion you have about Him,leaves you in your box,because all that is positive and Good comes from Him,and you decide by your own understanding to embrace only a negative picture of what you cannot know about in reality presently in your own life.

#396320 Oct 14, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I cant believe this is coming from someone who claims to be a preacher.
I just went in to get a pepsi and the Lord gave me this.
FOR YOU;
WHY WOULD YOU DISHONOR THE SAVIOR BY APOLOGIZING TO THE LIKES OF HIM?
~~~

Souls are fragile handle with Care...

Jesus never railed upon any one that did not believe in Him...

Winning souls for Christ is a work of Love..

If you beat them...

Just because the Father has not yet given them the revelation of their need of Christ, and convicted them of their sins...in your attempt to win them to the Lord.

In your railing upon them and browbeating them
you destroy any chance of any one else ever bringing/leading them to Christ.

You tune them out... turn them off...

It is the butcher that drives the sheep.... to slaughter

the shepherd ....leads them into green pastures for His name sake.

and loves them.

Jesus said..

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

You cannot usurp the position of the Holy Ghost and force any on to be a Christian...

Even if the did for you sake..

and
made a false profession of faith ....because you harassed them...

They could be deceived...believing themselves to be saved ...when they have not been...born again of the Spirit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 min USA-1 38,352
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min Barnsweb 18,701
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Bongo 38,236
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min Anna 104,698
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Joe Fortuna 969,970
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 280,886
Greatest panties and/or bra experience (Jan '11) 1 hr girls like boys i... 16
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Steve III 618,401
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Not religious 44,389
More from around the web