Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703702 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#396329 Oct 14, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>oh!, it is not exactly some of your posts that I disagreed with in the past.
it is almost ALL of them.
any person on here that claims to be a Christian and treats you anyway but as a heathen needs to get on their kneees and repent.
you have slandered our Savior worse than any person that i have ever seen. you have spoken about the Bible like it is a dirty paperback.
and I dont have a short term memory, mine is almost perfect, and to me like I said, you are a heathen and a reprobate.
some day, you will find to your dismay that all that you have mocked, was true.
if you attack my Savior, EXPECT ME TO SAY SOMETHING TO YOU.
nice or nt nice, to you it makes no difference to me. you are a zero.
you arent lookng for Truth,
you are just looking to show how ignorant that some people are.
slander is the wrong word,i ask for undeniable proof the one god theory is real and i ask for undeniable that the catholic church is what it claims to be,if i attack your saviour as you put it,that is my right as a free american,and you disagree you have that right also,but why the hostility?? the only reason for it is because you can not defend what i post as not being factual,all i get is bible scripture,no real history only bible passages,no one expresses a thought of their own,they quote from the bible,i have pointed out fallible points in the book,i've pointed out books where you can find the exact same stories in the bible but written thousands of years before the book and christ emerged,and the only difference is names were changed places were changed, pagan dates are all in the bible to explain times of events,so how can it be truly a devine book written by the father/the son/the holy ghost??

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#396330 Oct 14, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>wanna prove this statement.
I can prove how ignorant that you are about the Bible and Jesus.
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
this verse reminds me of you, for some reason.
Woe vnto you Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites: for ye are as graues which appeare not, and the men that walk ouer them, are not aware of them.
looks to me like there were some people that Jesus just didnt like.
~~~

THERE IS ONE SMALL PROBLEM ...YOU ARE NOT JESUS...

He knew what was in man/men YOU DON'T.

He was god in the flesh and you aint.

#396331 Oct 14, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
~~~

--->Jesus loved ....

Mar 10:17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

Mar 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Mar 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Mar 10:20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.

Mar 10:21 ---> Then Jesus beholding him loved him,

and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
Mar 10:22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#396332 Oct 14, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Souls are fragile handle with Care...
Jesus never railed upon any one that did not believe in Him...
Winning souls for Christ is a work of Love..
If you beat them...
Just because the Father has not yet given them the revelation of their need of Christ, and convicted them of their sins...in your attempt to win them to the Lord.
In your railing upon them and browbeating them
you destroy any chance of any one else ever bringing/leading them to Christ.
You tune them out... turn them off...
It is the butcher that drives the sheep.... to slaughter
the shepherd ....leads them into green pastures for His name sake.
and loves them.
Jesus said..
Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
You cannot usurp the position of the Holy Ghost and force any on to be a Christian...
Even if the did for you sake..
and
made a false profession of faith ....because you harassed them...
They could be deceived...believing themselves to be saved ...when they have not been...born again of the Spirit.
Amen !!!

Matthew 9:11

And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?

----------
Matthew 5:46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
----------
Matthew 9:10 While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" came and ate with him and his disciples.
----------
Matthew 11:19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say,'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners."' But wisdom is proved right by her actions."
----------
Mark 2:16 When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the "sinners" and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: "Why does he eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"
----------
Luke 5:30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, "Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"
----------
Luke 15:2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them."
----------
Acts 11:3 and said, "You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them."
MICHAEL

Canada

#396333 Oct 14, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>people only see the good in the bible,not the bad,just like they turn their back on today's holy autrocities.they don't want to hear it or believe it.
I know right from wrong. I know the laws of the land and practice them. If everyone did that, we would have a much better world.

The bible gives comfort to those that have difficulty in life. Those that have vices, or taken the wrong path, and the fearful. When they come to parts in the bible that are not joyous or happy they just pass right by them, forgetting that the bible has good and bad within.

LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#396334 Oct 14, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
...and like the responsible authority that Christ is, He left a Vicar and hierarchy to manage the day to day operations of His Church until He comes again.
*please don't say 'He left us with the Holy Spirit to guide us'.
I respect and like you Orville, but the Holy Spirit is not guiding you on 'authoritive' scripture interpretations..
He sent the Holy Spirit Clay.'To Lead, To guide, To Teach.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#396335 Oct 14, 2012
jassi singh wrote:
hello everyone !!!
Hello jassi.:)

#396336 Oct 14, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Amen !!!
And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?
----------
Matthew 5:46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
----------
Matthew 9:10 While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" came and ate with him and his disciples.
----------
Matthew 11:19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say,'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners."' But wisdom is proved right by her actions."
----------
Mark 2:16 When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the "sinners" and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: "Why does he eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"
----------
Luke 5:30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, "Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"
----------
Luke 15:2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them."
----------
Acts 11:3 and said, "You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them."
~~~

THE SUMMATION OF IT ALL IS..

JESUS LOVED SO MUCH....HE GAVE HIS LIFE FOR ALL HUMANITY...

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

~~~

Joh 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

#396337 Oct 14, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Amen !!!
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
~~~

AMEN

tHANX

usa

#396338 Oct 14, 2012
Pad wrote:
Is that your final answer? You have decided that the bible is more like" a book of crime and punishment rather than a religious book."Well it is not a religious book jethro.The Bible is a testament both new and old of God's involvement with the human race.The crimes,punishment,concepts,dis tresses and ultimately God's input,brings us to the reality that Man has limited God to a religious format.God wants reality with us,and the Bible tells it like it is with Him and us,humanity He created,but He allowed in that we have a free will which tests on every point God's desire to communicate with us one on one. Religion as described in Scripture is to be a servant of His love to the widow and orphans.Not a religious ideology that controls us.God is not a religion jethro,He is the Creator of heaven and earth,the whole universe is in His hands,religion limits Him to a philosophy of faith and creed and ordinances. But God is beyond human developments and systems.
so you do not believe in these organized religious groups? if it not,then what else can you say when you read the horrors that are in their? and the punishment god hands out by killing people for the simplest things.mass murders,individuals killed,cane banned from eden for killing his brother,abram asked to burn his son alive to show his devotion,(try that today),talking donkeys,burning bushes that do exist, but i doubt they talk to people.god the creator of the universe how? nothing existed,and you can not get nothing from nothing so where did god come from?the big bang theory is gaining more support then the theory of a god,since the discovery of dark matter,and the the fact eistiens theory has been proven accurate,even steven hawking does not believe a god created the universe,the genetic material that slowly created everything that walks and crawls on this earth was broughtb here by millions of years of comets meteors,asteroids bombarding the earth,if you check you'll see our genetic make-up matches,bacteria brought to earth by these small,medium,an large rocks from through out the universe started the creation of life on this planet billions of years ago.the bible states the earth is about 10,000 yrs old,that is a falsehood.

usa

#396339 Oct 14, 2012
~~~ If I have caused you pain and abused you any way and influenced you to the point that would make you feel the way that you have honestly posted here..
You have my honest and humble apology.
God is faithful...
you have not cause any pain or abused me in any way,the only thing that you don't do is express your own thoughts more often,to what i post,you quote passages from the bible mostly,i'd like to see more individual thoughts than just bible passages,it's like everyone is afraid to do that,i have no problem with you or your posts at all,just like to see your thoughts more than just bible passages.YOUR A GOOD PERSON,DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU DIFFERENTLY.

#396340 Oct 14, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
THE SUMMATION OF IT ALL IS..
JESUS LOVED SO MUCH....HE GAVE HIS LIFE FOR ALL HUMANITY...
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
~~~
Joh 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
~~~

PRESTON

We all here appreciate the fact that you were willing to lay down your life for us Americans ...

We do not take lightly the sacrifice that you have made and the
knowledge of the pain that you have suffered since your tour of duty in Nam.

While few of us can relate to your sacrifice that is evidently is ongoing..sufferings daily.

Personally I have never walked an inch in you shoes..let alone a mile

We want you to know that even tho we disagree with you often

we love and respect you for your willingness to sacrifice yourself

that we might live another day in freedom and prosperity.

We hold you up before the great shepherd that He might

bless you,.. heal you ..prosper you in all your ways..

You are in out prayers.

Blessings

God Is Faithful

usa

#396341 Oct 14, 2012
HOJO:I asked you a question awhile back and naturally i saw no answer,you are so dedicated to the church why don't you become a priest? like i said they'll take anyone they are so desperate,since you defend it so fiercly i'd think you'd want to step up and help out the (snicker)true church,what are you waiting for? also if the catholic church is the true church,I'm sure you've heard of the catholic church in africa that was blown up by islamic extremist,you on your way over there to help out and rebuild gods church?...i'm calling you out.put up time.
Fr Robert Dye

United States

#396342 Oct 14, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, tha authority of the Vatican. It belives Holy God, gave-surrendered HIS Holy Authority to the Vatican. Thus, no Holy Spirit as active and present and certainly Messiah-Jesus is but a "once-occurance" and is not alive/active. Thats the Vatican beleifs.
That's whe you are wrong, and demonstrates how little you know about Catholic faith and Teaching.
Snce you think you know so much, let me propose a question to you.
Everyone has a conscience.
Suppose you are a faithful Catholic. The Church teaches one thing, formally, and your conscience tells you another.
ACCORDING TO CC TEACHING! Which are you obligated to follow, Church Teaching, or conscience?
Please. I think you claimed to have been Catholic once. Please demonstrate you knowledge by giving the correct answer, and EXPLAIN your answer.
please be honest. If you were truthful in your claim in the past, you should nor even have to look this up. You should KNOW the answer, and be able to explain WHY it is the correct answer, according the CC Teaching.
Rob
Fr Robert Dye

United States

#396343 Oct 14, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
You never addressed anything in my post regarding the contradictions in the scriptures. When contradictions occur a non-fiction writing then becomes a fiction writing unless the author corrects a mistake. No corrections made.
Maybe you should go back a few thousand posts and correct all the catholics on this forum who have also referred to the bible as a book, and tell them they should have paid closer attention to what they learned.
Lets be clear. I became a catholic not because I chose to be, but as MOST catholics through hand-me-down family tradition ONLY. I became what my parents wanted me to become, just like them, the same reason MOST catholics, protestants, jews become members of their beliefs.
So much for free will, and individualism.
And now you are what YOU want to be.

Hmmmm.

Rob
Fr Robert Dye

United States

#396344 Oct 14, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
PRAY-TELL!! If you are not a Catholic, a Protestant, an Agnostic or an Atheist---then what are you! A deist?? or ?????
A "messianic-Jew," I suspect.

Those people are crazy.

You cannot be both a Christian and a Jew, at least, not nowadays.(I am not speaking of "racial classification, if anybody wants to argue that one. Really, that only appears to be of any significance as re Taych's Disease.)

The earliest Christians were primarily Jews. But after the Christians were expelled from the temple, that ceased.

Those who put their faith in Christ as the Messiah are Christians, not Jews.

Rob
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#396345 Oct 14, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, you believe there is no salvation outside your church. In fact, you publicly declared "all Roman Catholics will wake up in hell someday alongside your pope"
Since you are the new authority that God has called....tell us prophet, who is speaking the truth? You, Preston, Confrint,7th or Fr. Dye??(even thou Fr. Dye does not claim to be theee authority on sacred scripture, but I put his name in there to balance it out.lol)
You wrote, Clay:

Ironically, you believe there is no salvation outside your church.

There is no salvation outside of Christ Jesus....

You are either 'outside of Christ' or you are 'in Christ'.....
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#396346 Oct 14, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>slander is the wrong word,i ask for undeniable proof the one god theory is real and i ask for undeniable that the catholic church is what it claims to be,if i attack your saviour as you put it,that is my right as a free american,and you disagree you have that right also,but why the hostility?? the only reason for it is because you can not defend what i post as not being factual,all i get is bible scripture,no real history only bible passages,no one expresses a thought of their own,they quote from the bible,i have pointed out fallible points in the book,i've pointed out books where you can find the exact same stories in the bible but written thousands of years before the book and christ emerged,and the only difference is names were changed places were changed, pagan dates are all in the bible to explain times of events,so how can it be truly a devine book written by the father/the son/the holy ghost??
You sa no real history ? Why would you not accept scripture as real history or even the books that where rejected as inspired but still testify of Christ's existance.
You do not think there was ebough prophets, Apostles and followers of Christ to make an incredible account and if not how many would it take. You know they did not have the World Wide Web or live in the age of electronics therefore it was slow process over time. Not everyone during Christ time could have an eye witness account since there was no Camera there rolling.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#396348 Oct 14, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
He sent the Holy Spirit Clay.'To Lead, To guide, To Teach.
I agree LTM. But God did not send his Spirit to teach 41,000 opposite teachings. When it comes to matters of faith, there can only be one teaching. Truth is truth.

you should also understand that I know God loves you and sends you graces every time you kneel down and pray. No one should EVER deny that to you.
preston

Athens, OH

#396349 Oct 14, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
NEVER said that I wa sJesus.

you said that He wasnt mean to other people and I showed you that you dont know what you are talking about, LIKE ALWAYS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Food and Drinks 996,485
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Bear Claw 88,079
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 25 min Grunt56 223,078
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr doG mnaDed lyoH i... 448,491
Last post wins (May '13) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 543
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,918
Why the Trump Presidency is the usual Republica... 8 hr Doctor REALITY 8