Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701828 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Orville

Portland, OR

#396192 Oct 13, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, I cannot BELIEVE the post I just worked on for so long just vanished!
Grrrrrr.
Okay.I'll come back to it tomorrow.
here's the link I was pasting in, anyway.
(You'll never bother taking a serious look at it, but it's there, anyway.(So you can know why you are refusing to read it, it's about the mass, and all the parts that come DIRECTLY from scripture, with citations. there. Now you don't even have to bother looking, because you already know in advance that you will heartily disagrree with everything it says.)
http://tinyurl.com/9e94vg2
Further:
Jesus died ONCE. For all. Never to be repeated. catholic Teaching.
We don't "order God into a wafer." Good grief, what silliness.
We don't re-crucify Jesus, or even think that is what we are doing, or "put Him to death again.'
He died. PAST tense.
He ROSE. PAST tense.
If you really want to know what is true about what the CC teaches, you might try asking a Catholic, instead of reading this bizarre anti-Catholic crap you have been reading.
If you want to reject tthe Catholic Church, hey, YOUR business.
But don't you think that rejection ought to be based on what is actually TAUGHT and Practiced, rather than some chimera, just for the sake of your own personal integrity?
Rob

Rob,
An issue:..."He ROSE. PAST tense."

Correction, He ROSE. CURRENT tense. Holy God-Jesus,( YHSHWH-Hebrew for Messiah. Our Messiah's true name). Whom is alive and well and always will be.
Orville

Portland, OR

#396193 Oct 13, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, how come no one will acknowledge the factual history of the New Testament. Particularly the date of compilation? It seems a sin to play ignorant.
I will tell you why:
its because you all will have to acknowledge that the ROMAN Catholic Church made the decision on the books. And this decision was done 50 yrs AFTER Constantine died. It was done by a council of Bishops from the East and West, in Rome, with a Pope (Damaseus) presiding at the helm.
So, you will have to acknowledge that at least one time in this 'evil' church; with their 'anti Christ' of a Pope, the Holy Spirit was with them.
And Preston, at no time in the history of Christianity, was the Holy Bible ever considered the sole authority on the faith. Why? Because it was never taught by the Apostles or Jesus. Never!
You know this concept was added by Luther and Calvin, 1,600 yrs AFTER Christ died. So I don't know why a man who loves Jesus would ignore such basic truth? I think this kind of ignorance is a sin. I think many Protestants replaced God with the Bible and actually worship the words in it!

What you have stated is what you "choose" to beleive Clay. And what you beleive is sadly false. Every word in Scripture is from holy God-Jesus. It's what we choose to belive that will either sink our boat or save it.
Orville

Portland, OR

#396194 Oct 13, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Just HOW MANY people do you expect to write about something that is guaranteed to make martyrs of them? SOME DID...and most of those writings are in our Bible!
KayMarie

Further, everyday a Christian , a beleiver whom is intimatley loved by Holy God-Jesus, is killed. And it is all wrapping up to where mass martyrdom will be the norm again. And the Vatican is behind it all.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#396195 Oct 13, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Why would we want to do away with scripture? We certainly don't want to misuse it!
Scripture is not enough and that's why Jesus established a Church- with a hierarchy of Bishops, Priests and Deacons.
Hypothetically, if scripture was enough, you'd still need an authority to safely and correctly interpret it for us. Who's responsibility would that be?
*don't say the Holy Spirit interprets it for us. Because that is not being truthful. We can plainly see Preston and your husband being the example of why of do not interpret it for ourselves!!
Your bishops, priests and deacons are good...as long as they are 'good'. Men fail, Pope's and Priests are KNOWN to fail, yet they are granted authority for a time.
This is why the Authority of the Word is so important. It ALWAYS SAYS THE SAME THING. Men don't always 'get it', they fail, but the Born Again believer is never left without The Word.
KayMarie
All Priest and Popes are sinners. In fact, when they do sin, they violate Church teachings.
The Church itself is still the authority. I know you been told this before Kay, but here it is again: no Pope has the authority to change the gospel and no Pope has ever done so. Your husband has changed the gospel and so has every single protestant community. The Apostles explained their letters already Kay. The Eucharist, Confession, the Holy Mass (to name a few) were established by them and is reflected in their letters as well.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#396196 Oct 13, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
What you have stated is what you "choose" to beleive Clay. And what you beleive is sadly false. Every word in Scripture is from holy God-Jesus. It's what we choose to belive that will either sink our boat or save it.
Sadly, your boat is already sunk. A house built on sand will collapse. You're a good man orville, no doubt, but consider that half of Protestants definitely have been on the wrong path to salvation because they subscribe to 'faith alone'. But if the faith alone team happens to be correct (hypotheticaly) then the other half is wrong and would be on the wrong path.
Keep in mind, both sides teach that the Bible is the source of all truth on Christianity and salvation and the Holy Spirit is revealing this to them.
The problem as I stated above, one side is teaching falsely!! One side is not teaching what the Apostles and Christ taught! Who is it?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#396197 Oct 13, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Further, everyday a Christian , a beleiver whom is intimatley loved by Holy God-Jesus, is killed. And it is all wrapping up to where mass martyrdom will be the norm again. And the Vatican is behind it all.

Yes...the world is rising up against the Christian. The Vatican is not necessarily behind it all...

Be ready...be strong. Don't give up! We've read the end of The Book. Whatever we face here is not 'the end'. He has prepared a place for us that is worth whatever one must suffer here.

KayMarie
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#396198 Oct 13, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
You are paranoid and you really don't know anything about the Catholic Church. We often try and tell you what we believe, but you don't seem to care. What are you afraid of?
Also, keep in mind there were more martyrs in the 20th century then at anytime in the history of Christianity... Thanks to The Soviet Union and China.
Orville

Portland, OR

#396199 Oct 13, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, how come no one will acknowledge the factual history of the New Testament. Particularly the date of compilation? It seems a sin to play ignorant.
I will tell you why:
its because you all will have to acknowledge that the ROMAN Catholic Church made the decision on the books. And this decision was done 50 yrs AFTER Constantine died. It was done by a council of Bishops from the East and West, in Rome, with a Pope (Damaseus) presiding at the helm.
So, you will have to acknowledge that at least one time in this 'evil' church; with their 'anti Christ' of a Pope, the Holy Spirit was with them.
And Preston, at no time in the history of Christianity, was the Holy Bible ever considered the sole authority on the faith. Why? Because it was never taught by the Apostles or Jesus. Never!
You know this concept was added by Luther and Calvin, 1,600 yrs AFTER Christ died. So I don't know why a man who loves Jesus would ignore such basic truth? I think this kind of ignorance is a sin. I think many Protestants replaced God with the Bible and actually worship the words in it!

Also Clay, the "factual" is the Scriptures. The Holy Words of Holy God-Jesus, begin and never end in Scripture. Never end because there is "no end" for those whom love God-Jesus.

And frighteningly, there is "no end" for those whom denied Holy God-Jesus. Life is eternal. We are eternal creations. thus, it's either heaven or the Lake of Fire. Nothing in between.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#396201 Oct 13, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
All Priest and Popes are sinners. In fact, when they do sin, they violate Church teachings.
The Church itself is still the authority. I know you been told this before Kay, but here it is again: no Pope has the authority to change the gospel and no Pope has ever done so. Your husband has changed the gospel and so has every single protestant community. The Apostles explained their letters already Kay. The Eucharist, Confession, the Holy Mass (to name a few) were established by them and is reflected in their letters as well.

I am aware that all of us are sinners, Clay. "There is NONE that sins not..." But you know that I was referring to criminal behavior in ecclesiastical ranks. A man who sells the office of Pope...or fails in other ways to live godly...is not just 'slipping'. He is simply NOT one of HIS.

If the Apostles have explained the Eucharist, Confession, and Mass, please give me the chapters/verses.

KayMarie
Orville

Portland, OR

#396202 Oct 13, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, your boat is already sunk. A house built on sand will collapse. You're a good man orville, no doubt, but consider that half of Protestants definitely have been on the wrong path to salvation because they subscribe to 'faith alone'. But if the faith alone team happens to be correct (hypotheticaly) then the other half is wrong and would be on the wrong path.
Keep in mind, both sides teach that the Bible is the source of all truth on Christianity and salvation and the Holy Spirit is revealing this to them.
The problem as I stated above, one side is teaching falsely!! One side is not teaching what the Apostles and Christ taught! Who is it?

I agree Clay. yes, " Protestants definitely have been on the wrong path". However, it exactly those whom do have "faith" in stricklry jesus, whom will be saved. I am not "Protestant". I am a Disciple of Holy God-Jesus. As the Scriptures acknowledge.

Do you remeber my history Clay? I was once reared into Catholisicm. But Holy God-Jesus, put me into HIS path of love and salvation.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#396203 Oct 13, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
God's standard of Holiness purity of mind and Spirit is not rubbish
No--but your heretical mis-quoting and mis-interpretation of the Word of God--has, is and will "continue to be"---(rubbish)
Orville

Portland, OR

#396204 Oct 13, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You are paranoid and you really don't know anything about the Catholic Church. We often try and tell you what we believe, but you don't seem to care. What are you afraid of?
Also, keep in mind there were more martyrs in the 20th century then at anytime in the history of Christianity... Thanks to The Soviet Union and China.

remeber Clay, I was a "Catholic" for 15 years. I even breifly considered Catholic Ptresthood.
But now I am a "Presit" as ordained by Holy God....

...To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, 5Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

<< 1 Peter 2 >>
King James Version
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#396205 Oct 13, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes...the world is rising up against the Christian. The Vatican is not necessarily behind it all...
Be ready...be strong. Don't give up! We've read the end of The Book. Whatever we face here is not 'the end'. He has prepared a place for us that is worth whatever one must suffer here.
KayMarie
"the Vatican isn't necessarily behind it all"

Behind what?

The Book of Revelation is another set of writings you all changed. And clearly John tells us what will happen to those who add or take away from his book.
John was seeing the Catholic Mass and that is why he and the other Apostles taught it as an essential priority for the Christians to partake in.
Incense, Saints, Priest attire, prayers, the Lamb of God... The holy Mass is where Heaven meets Earth and we all get to share in what the Apostles experienced 2,000 yrs ago.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#396206 Oct 13, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Clay. yes, " Protestants definitely have been on the wrong path". However, it exactly those whom do have "faith" in stricklry jesus, whom will be saved. I am not "Protestant". I am a Disciple of Holy God-Jesus. As the Scriptures acknowledge.
Do you remeber my history Clay? I was once reared into Catholisicm. But Holy God-Jesus, put me into HIS path of love and salvation.
I'm sorry, I did not know your history. It seems to me you do not know much about the Catholic faith, so I don't know how you were able to make a decision on it.
I was a bubble Catholic at one time. I looked into other faiths (even had dinner with a couple Mormons) bottom line: everyone BUT the Catholic Church leave far to many voids on the table. They purposely ignore facts in order to teach their faith.
I couldn't accept that. Also, because I love and trust Christ, I needed to find whatever Church was with Him in the beginning. I found it.
Orville

Portland, OR

#396207 Oct 13, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No--but your heretical mis-quoting and mis-interpretation of the Word of God--has, is and will "continue to be"---(rubbish)

OK Hojo, then what do you counter with?

Please offer something of subtance. I have asked this about 30X's.
Orville

Portland, OR

#396208 Oct 13, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Behind what?
The Book of Revelation is another set of writings you all changed. And clearly John tells us what will happen to those who add or take away from his book.
John was seeing the Catholic Mass and that is why he and the other Apostles taught it as an essential priority for the Christians to partake in.
Incense, Saints, Priest attire, prayers, the Lamb of God... The holy Mass is where Heaven meets Earth and we all get to share in what the Apostles experienced 2,000 yrs ago.

Clay, it my opinon, not that the Vatican is behind all things on earth that have and are leading us into the abyss.

I cannot align Scripture to validate this as it has yet to be revealed.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#396209 Oct 13, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Did John F. Kennedy and his brothers Bobby and Ted have mental disorders? Does Joe Bidin and Obama have mental disorders as you claim. I have seen several photographs with John F. Kennedy and Ted Kennedy with priests, bishops and cardinals back in the day. Do they all have mental disorders?
HOJO, the only person on this forum with mental disorders is..........I hate to tell you this, YOU HOJO. Yes! you hate anyone who doesn't think, vote and have the same religiousbelief as you. That makes you a bigot. Yes! a bigot.
You have created yourself into a MONSTER full of hate. I am here to help in anyway I can.
I post stories right out of the bible as they are written. Some aren't too pretty but they are what they are. Yet you get defensive when I do. SAD! very SAD!
Sorry to disappoint you again, Michael, for the "umteenth" time but I don't hate ANYONE, and that includes Confrinting, orville, 4GVN, justachristian1, OLDJG, jethro8 or anyone other Christian (or non-christian on this forum
AGAIN--yours is a typical agnostic or atheist liberal response. To disagree with you Michael (for you) means to hate!!---because the "HATE CARD" is the ONLY thing you have going for you, the only "come-back" that you have, when someone doesn't agree with you or "buy into" the distorted "personal opinionated" anti-catholic conclusions that have warped, twisted and confused your mind, heart and soul. And yes, the actions of Barrack Obama and Joe Biden
and their support for abortion, gay marriage, embroyonic stem cell research, euthenasia, and whatever other immorally "polluted" legislation, that they decide to "push down the throats" of the American people, classified their political asperations as "mentally disorders" political "hacks"!
Orville

Portland, OR

#396210 Oct 13, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Behind what?

CORRECTION:

Clay, it my opinon, that the Vatican is behind all things on earth that have and are, leading us, into the abyss.

I cannot align Scripture to validate this as it has yet to be revealed.
Orville

Portland, OR

#396211 Oct 13, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I did not know your history. It seems to me you do not know much about the Catholic faith, so I don't know how you were able to make a decision on it.
I was a bubble Catholic at one time. I looked into other faiths (even had dinner with a couple Mormons) bottom line: everyone BUT the Catholic Church leave far to many voids on the table. They purposely ignore facts in order to teach their faith.
I couldn't accept that. Also, because I love and trust Christ, I needed to find whatever Church was with Him in the beginning. I found it.

Ever consider that "Jesus" is the church and never released HIS Holy Authority to Rome, Baptist, Buddah, nor any mrelegion of man?

Jesus is the absolute authority now and forever, AMEN.
Orville

Portland, OR

#396212 Oct 13, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>

Brother, your very valid question,..." Who is it?". Can only be answered by you and Holy Spirit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min Richard The Lion... 81,012
O.J. Nicole & MARCUS: Fatal Attraction 20 min Doctor REALITY 9
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 40 min Sammy 448,429
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 48 min Sammy 223,326
should male cheerleaders wear cheerleading skir... (Mar '14) 2 hr Ryan 21
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Prince of Darkness 995,847
Democrats Are Communists, Believe Me 5 hr Prince of Darkness 2