Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596682 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#395958 Oct 12, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob, who do the catholic's pray to. Mary . From going into the catholic church where the Holy Water hangs on the wall and people dip their fingers in and cross themselve is a religious act
Kneeling and crossing yourself before entering the pew, that is a religious act. Then they pull out their prayer beads, religious act and the prayers are to Mary. Or the People are lighting candles at the different statues that adorn the church, that are suppose to be saints. And they are praying to them.
When do they pray to God in the name of Jesus , like Jesus commanded them to.
"Exodus 20 thou shall not make any craven images of anything in heaven in the earth beneath the earth and bow down to it."
So I am asking you if the catholic's were following the 10 commandments of God
and these saints are in heaven why does the catholic church have craven images of them and why are they being bowed too.
Why are you praying to statues who can't see you or hear you.
If they are not in Heaven and are in the earth, or under the earth, you are still bowing and praying to idols (craven images).
Jesus death on the cross ripped the veil in the temple into, now we can enter the Holy Of Holies and enter into the throne room of God ourselve our most High Priest is in Heaven.
the Levi Priesthood is no more.
We the believers of Jesus Christ belong to a royal priest hood.
So the Pope and the priest in the catholic church are obsolute Rob.
That is why the earthly temple was ripped in two from top to bottom God did away with it.
'WE THE PEOPLE, FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST, ARE THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, WE ARE NOT MADE WITH HUMAN HANDS BUT BY THE WILL OF ALMIGHTY GOD WHO CHOSE US BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE EARTH WAS LAID.
GROAN.

(I'm just going to help you out a little bit, since you seem to be so certain you have a clear grasp on the meaning of everything you are saying.

The word you are looking for is "graven."

"Craven" is a different word.

HTH.

Rob
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#395959 Oct 12, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You have just born false witness against me.
You have also judged me.
You should pray and beg for forgiveness now.
How so?

You have stated that you have no belief in God, or perhaps better to say, you believe there is no God.

Then you propose going into a Catholic church, and participating in a ritual which , by your action, is a profession of faith.

If you did this, how could it NOT be seen as an example of hypocrisy at its worst?

How could it NOT be seen as something that could only be done by an atheist with a complete late of integrity?

I stand by what I said.

If you are an atheist, hey, your choice.

You're better off than someone who professes Christianity, but does not live it.

But if you are an atheist, but are willing to "play around with" faith ritual, that's hypocritical.

Look at the passage in Matthew 3.(Yes, I know you do not accept scripture as authoritative. Look at it anyway.)

John the Baptist castigates the Phrisees and Sadducees for coming to a baptism the do NOT believe in. He calls them a brood of vipers, but what he really means is that they are hypocrites.

If they do not believe in what John is doing,(and they don't), why do they present themselves for baptism?

If they don't believe, they could just ignore him. They would prove to be wrong about John, but at least they would have demonstrated some personal integrity.

Don't do it.

NOT because the roof woul cave in, because it won't.(Well, probably won't. I cannot predict the future.)

Don't because it DOESN't fit in with what you claim to believe.

There is very little worse than a hypocrite.

If you don't believe me, look at how you feel about bishops who preached morality, but covered up the abuse of children.

What do YOU think of such individuals?

I know what *I* think, and it stinks of hypocrisy.

Rob
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#395960 Oct 12, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The catholic church...
17 "DOCUMENTED" centuries of covering up sexual abuse on minors.
The churches own CANON laws and PAPAL documents shows us the disgusting truth......
http://www.richardsipe.com/patrick_wall/execu...
HOW SICK IS THAT?
Richard Sipe?

You mean the Richard Sipe who, at his deacon promises, when asked if he would vow perpetual poverty, celibate chastity, and obedience, said "Yes," correct?

The same Richard Stipe who, at a minimum of six months later, at ordination to the diaconate, when asked if he would vow perpetual poverty, celibate chastity, and obedience, said "Yes," correct?

The same Richard Stipe who, at a minimum of six months after that, at priesthood promises, when asked if he would vow perpetual poverty, celibate chastity, and obedience, said "Yes," correct?

The same Richard Stipe who, at a minimum of six months after THAT, at ordination to the priesthood, when asked if he would vow perpetual poverty, celibate chastity, and obedience, said "Yes," correct?

The same Richard Stipe who, years later said, "Wait! You meant FOR LIFE for life?? Oh, no, I didn't mean to promise THAT!"

(And if he was ordained under the older rules, he had to have candidacy for minor orders, and he went through the same thing TWICE for each one of THOSE ... "exorcist," acolyte, and lector, at the very least TEN times he promised.)

Great example of a man with some personal integrity.

Rob

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#395961 Oct 12, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard Sipe?
You mean the Richard Sipe who, at his deacon promises, when asked if he would vow perpetual poverty, celibate chastity, and obedience, said "Yes," correct?
The same Richard Stipe who, at a minimum of six months later, at ordination to the diaconate, when asked if he would vow perpetual poverty, celibate chastity, and obedience, said "Yes," correct?
The same Richard Stipe who, at a minimum of six months after that, at priesthood promises, when asked if he would vow perpetual poverty, celibate chastity, and obedience, said "Yes," correct?
The same Richard Stipe who, at a minimum of six months after THAT, at ordination to the priesthood, when asked if he would vow perpetual poverty, celibate chastity, and obedience, said "Yes," correct?
The same Richard Stipe who, years later said, "Wait! You meant FOR LIFE for life?? Oh, no, I didn't mean to promise THAT!"
(And if he was ordained under the older rules, he had to have candidacy for minor orders, and he went through the same thing TWICE for each one of THOSE ... "exorcist," acolyte, and lector, at the very least TEN times he promised.)
Rob
Sounds to me like, by the Grace of God, his eyes and ears were opened, and realized he was on the wrong road...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#395962 Oct 12, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
edited for space....
HOJO says.....
We, as Catholic Christians respect the TRUE EXPRESSED, SPOKEN AND STATED words of Jesus Christ in and through His One True Church written in the Gospels with obedience, respect and rever
explain these from YOU'RE BIBLE!
According to Matthew, Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the Great (Matthew 2:1). According to Luke, Jesus was born during the first census in Israel, while Quirinius was governor of Syria (Luke 2:2). This is impossible because Herod died in March of 4 BC and the census took place in 6 and 7 AD, about 10 years after Herod's death.
BUSTED!
Mark 3:20-21
A House Divided Cannot Stand
.......Then the multitude came together again, so that they could not so much as eat bread. But when His own people heard about this, they went out to lay hold of Him, for they said,“He is out of His mind.”
OUT OF HIS MIND!.......thats not good.
The apostle Paul says that Jesus "was born of the seed of David" (Romans 1:3). Here the word "seed" is literally in the Greek "sperma."
thats not good!
WHY DID JOHN BAPTIZE JESUS?
.......John baptized for repentance (Matthew 3:11). Since Jesus was supposedly without sin, he had nothing to repent of. The fact that he was baptized by John has always been an embarrassment to the church. The gospels offer no explanation for Jesus' baptism, apart from the meaningless explanation given in Matthew 3:14-15 "to fulfill all righteousness." Other passages, which indicate that Jesus did not consider himself sinless, are also an embarrassment to the church (Mark 10:18, Luke 18:19).
BUSTED! and there are many more.......
Instead of going into a full blow rant as you always do, please explain these CONTRADICTIONS and mistakes in the bible?
Try reading the Catholic Catechism to get answers to "all" of your anti-catholic personal opinionated "so-called contradictions and mistakes---which in fact are "not" contradictions and mistakes AT ALL!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#395963 Oct 12, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Part of the teaching to the Samaritan woman by the well on the water, thirsting for water...Just don't throw out the baby with the bathwater....
I just explained Jesus would send the Comforter(Spirit) in a previous thread....
Jesus would send the Comforter?

John 14:26, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the FATHER WILL SEND IN MY NAME, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#395964 Oct 12, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
*gives HUGE HARD BEAR HUG*
So am I. Real men hug!
:o)
O.K. You can put him down now.:O
marge

Ames, IA

#395965 Oct 12, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading the Catholic Catechism to get answers to "all" of your anti-catholic personal opinionated "so-called contradictions and mistakes---which in fact are "not" contradictions and mistakes AT ALL!!!
Hey hojo, did you get the memo? We're totally toning it down on this board and going to always try to show love when sharing a thought or a truth from God hopefully:)
marge

Ames, IA

#395966 Oct 12, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like, by the Grace of God, his eyes and ears were opened, and realized he was on the wrong road...
yep can you imagine it's like making oneself a slave to man.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#395967 Oct 12, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I read what was posted. He is denying the Real Presence.
John 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed.
Why do you doubt Christ? Is it your pride lashing out?
Roman Catholics always fail to post the entire story. Why not post John 6:63? You won't, I will!!

John 6:63, "IT IS THE SPIRIT WHO GIVES LIFE; THE FLESH PROFITS NOTHING. THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK TO YOU ARE SPIRIT, AND THEY ARE LIFE."
preston

Waverly, OH

#395968 Oct 12, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hojo, did you get the memo? We're totally toning it down on this board and going to always try to show love when sharing a thought or a truth from God hopefully:)
I hope that you DID notice that PAD and I were conversing with pleasant posts to each other.

No insults, nada.

United States

#395969 Oct 12, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
3) If a day means more than 24-hour period, then how are we to interpret the following verses, as well as scores of others.
“Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath.... in it thou shalt not work...
For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth… and rested the seventh day”(Exodus 20:9-11).
Doesn't that clearly state that they were not 6 periods of time in the creation story but actually 6 days.......(if you believe the creation story)
another one BUSTED!
-
-
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
A day in our time is like a thousand years to God. His timing is limitless. And I'll believe the bible over that stupid 'big bang' theory any day!:)
-
-
BOTH of these descriptions of time are correct - and understanding them both is what keeps me believing in what the Bible says, rather than men!
-
How can it be that BOTH are correct? Actually it's easy to explain and understand.
-
According to Einstein's "Theory of Relativity" ... TIME is "relative" ... to WHO you are and WHERE you are as it is occurring.
-
His famous equation E=mc^2 has been 'proven' to be true and so now it is called Einstein's "LAW of Relativity":
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_relati...
-
It has been "proven" to be true scientifically since time dilates due to relative velocity. For example: Time pieces (clocks) launched into space and actively orbiting the earth must be re-calibrated every so often in order to keep the same time as corresponding clocks on the earth. Time pieces moving through space faster than our earthly clocks (which are also moving through space) actually s l o w d o w n.(Oh!.. an additional FYI: Our GPS systems would go haywire and would not work if not for the periodic re-calibration of the satellites' clocks!)
-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation
-
For a simple, graphic image of this phenomenon:
(where the blue clock is the 'local' clock (on earth) and the red clock is orbiting the earth)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nonsymmetri...
-
That being said: This is the VERY CONCEPT that always brings me back to the Bible as God's inspired word.
-
http://bible.cc/psalms/90-4.htm
-
TIME is relative to WHO you are and WHERE you are as it is occurring.
-
WE were NOT here AT the TIME of the creation (Big Bang), so the actual time of the creation is NOT relative to us since we have no way of measuring it. God was here though, and however he wanted to measure it or whatever he wanted to call it was purely up to him. So he chose 6 "days." HE FORESHADOWED what we would "come to know" when we had acquired the necessary tools and mechanisms for its discovery - those being clocks, telescopes and physics & mathematics (calculus, to be exact).
-
We have a 13.7 BILLION YEAR "look back" time when we measure with telescopes what we can "see" of the universe. It takes 13.7 billion years for light to travel from the farthest point of the universe to earth.
-
If God wanted to call that "time period" SIX Days, he could call it SIX Days. Because to him - IT WAS SIX DAYS ~ but TO US it is billions of years. WE have no way of measuring how that segment of time was dilated - we were not here.
-
What's most amazing is - the SUDDEN onset of time and light and matter...
-
When God said, "Let there be light," it was sudden and immediate. In an INSTANT there was a HUGE explosion of light and matter - chaos and confusion ... a "Big Bang" ... as it were.
-
Tohu and Bohu in Hebrew is scientifically accurate:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tohubo...
-
"T" & "B" in physics; Hydrogen and Helium were these first elements.
-
-
I believe that Peter here, is telling us to TRUST and believe The BIBLE! He is telling us .. God would not allow it to be corrupted.
-
http://bible.cc/2_peter/3-8.htm
-
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#395970 Oct 12, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>
only a Personal Experiance will give you knowledge
Even if you spell it wrong? God gave us Spell Check and yet you refuse to use this Great Gift of God.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#395971 Oct 12, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the song you wanted Marge. God bless.

http://youtu.be/K-0EgzOWkvc
marge

Ames, IA

#395972 Oct 12, 2012
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus would send the Comforter?
John 14:26, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the FATHER WILL SEND IN MY NAME, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
I wanted to share this verse on the subject earlier, and also we must remember there is One Spirit;

Romans 8:9
You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#395973 Oct 12, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the point was we were All to refrain from mud throwing and name calling.
And that included Preston and Gif, and you too, and All, I thought.
I didn't agree to that.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#395974 Oct 12, 2012
966 960
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
yep can you imagine it's like making oneself a slave to man.
Such wisdom!!!! Who can understand it!!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

#395975 Oct 12, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't agree to that.
please let me extend to you a personal invitation, even if I cant spale very well
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#395976 Oct 12, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What is this half heresy we all believe in as non-Catholic Christians? Not being Roman Catholic?
When Protestants "rejected the FULLNESS OF THE TRUTH" beginning at the 16th century Reformation, the % of heresy began to become greater and greater and greater with each new Protestant Reformer and the % of Truth become less and less.--------- Luther began by "rejecting 7 books of the original bible and some of the Sacraments----Amounting to 98% Truth and 2% heresy.--- Zwingli "denied the Eucharist" (the TRUE BODY AND BLOOD of Jesus Christ Himself (in John 6-47-59) bringing the % to 97% Truth and 3% heresy,---followed bu Hus, Calvin, Cranmer, Flacius, Knox, Petri, Wycliff, Tyndale, Laski,Beza, Hedio (WHO ALL REJECTED OTHER TRUTH) and on and on and on --until NOW in 2012, there are 42,097+ contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting (hodge-podge) of bible only Protestant denominations..... With each new "personal opinionated" Protestant belief the % of truth continued to decline while the % of heresy continued to increase.---- For most of you bible only "buffoons that are on this forum,--the half-truth, half-heresy % is "exceeding generous".-----For many Protestants, agnostics and (even atheists) the % is more like 10% Truth and 90% heresy. REGARDLESS---when you "rebelliously and defiantly" HAVE CHOSEN to REJECT the PROVEN HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church that was initiated, formed and established by Jesus and His Apostles over 2000 years ago,--you have "firmly become entrenched" in more and more heresy and less and less truth, accepting abortion, gay marriage, embroyonic stem cell research, gay and woman ministers, euthenasia, whichever way the "political and social--(wind blows) accepting more and more "Relative "what I personally think" truth" which in many cases is "little or no truth" AT ALL!!

United States

#395977 Oct 12, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
The catholic church...
17 "DOCUMENTED" centuries of covering up sexual abuse on minors.
The churches own CANON laws and PAPAL documents shows us the disgusting truth......
http://www.richardsipe.com/patrick_wall/execu ...
HOW SICK IS THAT?
-
-
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
Richard Sipe?
Rob
-
"Personal integrity?... as opposed to what, Rob? Priests raping children?
-
An excerpt from his site:
Sipe has no professional sympathy for the cardinals and bishops and other ranking church officials who cover up their crimes. "Some of them are so terrible," Sipe says. "I mean the plain lying that I've seen, bishop after bishop saying,'No, this was never true. I don't know anything. I can't remember anything.' And sometimes the bishop just smiles. One bishop said,'I only lie when I have to.' "

A.W. RICHARD SIPE is a Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor who earlier spent 18 years as a Benedictine monk and priest. He was trained specifically to deal with the mental health problems of Roman Catholic Priests. In the process of training and therapy, he conducted a 25-year ethnographic study of the celibate/sexual behavior of that population. His study, published in 1990, is now considered a classic. Sipe is known internationally and has participated in 12 documentaries on celibacy and priest sexual abuse aired by HBO, BBC, and other networks in the United States, United Kingdom, and France. He has been widely interviewed by media including CNN, ABC, NBC, CNBC, the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, People magazine, Newsweek and USA Today. Sipe lives with his wife in La Jolla, CA.
He sounds like a "real man" to me, Rob. Not a "phony" who would cover-up for pedophiles or protect a political empire (aka: The Roman Catholic Church) that does!
-
I thinks Jesus would approve of his leaving the Catholic institution under the circumstances in which he left!

I say BRAVO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Aerobatty 855,836
"What's UP wit all dat 'ol BULLS - - T??!" 5 min Doctor REALITY 5
skype sex id luv to try it (Aug '13) 12 min sexydick4442 190
"How much WIGGLIN' you plan on DOIN'??! lol 13 min Doctor REALITY 13
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min Halle Berry Sister 177,223
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 25 min WasteWater 6,163
The Christian Atheist debate 30 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1,076
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Bella Italia 612,652
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr I Am No One_ 444,363
More from around the web