Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,036)

Showing posts 380,701 - 380,720 of529,777
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
....good friend
Aha! What you are describing is Gnosticism!
When the self is a part of the Self....That is more pantheistic Gnosticism....Are you leaning in that way of thinking?
This opens up the whole debate on who is Jesus. And now I see why you have a problem with Paul. I will keep this in mind for future discussions....
Yes - now you see the Light.

"For those with eyes, should see; and those with ears, should hear."
- Jesus

"Those with a mind should think." - New Age

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Age movement derives much of its philosphies and theology from Spiritualism which is often based in Eastern mysticism and denies the Deity and Incarnation of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
....which are older philosophies than what the men of the 1st and 2nd C. had - although many of what they put to paper, can be factually proven to exist within society at an earlier time period.
ReginaM

Englewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Church Welcomes Thousands of New Catholics at Easter

The numbers of new Catholics run into the tens of thousands.

In the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, nearly 2,400 joined the Catholic Church. Groups of over 1,000 people joined the Church in the Archdioceses of Denver, New York, San Francisco, San Antonio and Washington.

The Diocese of Orange, Calif., set a record number for new Catholics, with 921 newly baptized and 668 already baptized Christians entering the Church.

Catholic churches in the Archdiocese of Washington have welcomed over 1,000 people into the Church at Easter for each of the past nine years.

According to the 2011 Official Catholic Directory, more than 43,300 adults were baptized as Catholics last year, while 72,800 people were received into full communion with the Church.

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/church-w...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, your post is so full of distortions, misrepresentations, and outright untruths I hardly know where to begin. We've been over all this so many times in the past that it would be an exercise in futility anyway. You're determined to make Catholicism be what *you* say it is, rather than what it really is. I'm sorry you feel you have to do this in order to justify your rejection of the Church. As Hojo said, she's growing, and that seemed to make you unhappy. Hence, the nonsense you posted above. I wish you were more satisfied with your choice.
I have to step in here and seperate you and Pad before fistucuffs start flying.

REGINA M. Did you not see Wolf Blitzer on CNN today talking about the new poll put out by CNN, done by the PEW RESEARCH CENTRE?

Today 1 in 5 americans has no religion. 25% of america and rising. UNBELIEVABLE!

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/09/surv...

It might make you angry, it might make you sad! but you have to know what is really going on. That is why I bring the news.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

ReginaM wrote:
Church Welcomes Thousands of New Catholics at Easter
The numbers of new Catholics run into the tens of thousands.
In the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, nearly 2,400 joined the Catholic Church. Groups of over 1,000 people joined the Church in the Archdioceses of Denver, New York, San Francisco, San Antonio and Washington.
The Diocese of Orange, Calif., set a record number for new Catholics, with 921 newly baptized and 668 already baptized Christians entering the Church.
Catholic churches in the Archdiocese of Washington have welcomed over 1,000 people into the Church at Easter for each of the past nine years.
According to the 2011 Official Catholic Directory, more than 43,300 adults were baptized as Catholics last year, while 72,800 people were received into full communion with the Church.
http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/church-w...
Thats fine! thats good. However during the past 10 years in the USA over 4,000,000 roman catholics have LEFT the church, while a couple hundred thousand as you report has JOINED the church.

Do the math.......

The big question is. How many Roman Catholics in america actually practice their faith? Maybe you're parish is doing well. Maybe because a few other parishes in central NJ have closed and some have come to you're church. As I have reported several times now 25% of american baptized catholics attend sunday mass weekly as required. 75% don't. Thats not good, and I can't believe the catholic church isn't pulling out all the stops doing damage control........it ain't happening.

Imagine a large corportation like General Motors and only 25% of the employees come to work when required?

....it would be bye bye general motors..

I bring the news that all should know. The news catholics DON'T want to know. We can't hide from the truth.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

The Catholic Church is BABYLON.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings preston
The Last Supper....To be honest, was it the Passover, or was it the Feast of Unleavened Bread?
In Matt 26:17-30 It was the First Day of the Feast of the Unleavened Bread(Exodus 12:15) Now this lasted for 7(originally 8) days..., then came the Passover, on the 7th day and 8th day....
Your question as to whether they ate more than bread, would nullify the Feast of Unleavened Bread, and call it the Passover, which was on the last day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread....
Because we identify Jesus as the Lamb of God, and thus with the Passover, we are actually missing the point that Jesus was the Unleavened Bread....
Robert,

Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but [[[[[it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven.]]]]]

For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.

Jesus was equating Himself with the unleavened bread...

Why unleavened bread?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
cat and mouse,
ok...ok...lol....

Encourage him to answer, LTM...

Horse or donkey???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but [[[[[it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven.]]]]]
For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.
Why unleavened bread?
***And gives LIFE to the world....

Spiritual life....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
Why unleavened bread?
"Set your mind on things above, and not on things on the earth."

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine was from heavy physical labor too.
When I started going to the gum, I was stunned at how weak my legs were.
I still get some back pain every now and then, but working out 5 or 6 days a week has had the most positive and long lasting benefits.
Gym, not gum.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
usually one's parents, unless you're sadistic enough to have it done yourself;)
Exactly.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the inside of her shoes. Maybe she is already cheating with lifts. Does she seem to be heightening?
I would hate sitting on the toilet with my feet dangling, and not like wooden blocks on the brake and gas pedals in the car.
..........back to the closet Herme.
Well...I have to push my seat all the way up in order to reach the gas peddle.And..I was in a restaurant a long time ago where in the ladies room the toliet was very high and I had to hold on the the walls.At some places I can sit in a chair and swing my feet.lol..At Kennywood,I am as tall as the sign that reads"you must be this height in order to ride this ride"lol I need a step stool to climb into my daughters Jeep.lol In the grocery store,I can never reach the top shelve.I have to ask someone to reach for me.Hermi is tall.That was the second thing I noticed about him when I first met him.The first was his humor..lol

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason it switches from side to side is because the nerve runs both sides of your sciatica, the way we turn, lift the wrong way and we pinch it and it starts all over again.
Its like an elastic band its gets over stretched, it gets weaker and weaker over time, you have to strengthen the muscles around it with exercises .
You picked a great job, working tobacco fields isn't ease.
My husband lived in Tilsonberg Ont. He planeted and pulled tobacco, for 4 years. My own brother who was fairly builted quit the first week.
these are things I learned from My therpist F.O.L. never sit on a cushion, if you need one for you back have it in the small of you back, waist level. When you sit put a box under you feet so your hip and you knee are level with each other. if your knee is lower it is pulling on your spine.
Sleep on your side with a small pillow between your knees; knees drawn up; Same reason for the box under your feet.
Sit on a straight back chair rather the a sofa.
I can't twisted any more either F.O.L. LOL
You ever see those patch Michael Gorden, wears for back pain wow do those things work F.O.L .
But you need to stop the swelling and cold patches work wonders if you don't like pills.
You cold down a joint, then heat it up again it sounds silly but every arthritic patient learns that early.
I am an old pro at it.
Just a couple of things.

While sleeping on your side like you describe is ok for the short term, you will likely end up with shoulder problems. Sleeping on your back with a pillow under your knees is preferable for long periods.

Also, if you carry a wallet in your back pocket, stop. Now. Immediately. My chiropractor showed me the xray of my hips from carrying a big fat wallet for years. They were at an angle and my spine was curved to the side.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Truth wrote:
xt>
ok...ok...lol....
Horse or donkey???
Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

It was so the scipture might be fulfilled and to show mankind the fact that he was coming humbly before them in the low estate in which man had fallen.
He shall return the second time in honor and glory riding upon a White Horse as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Revelation 19:11-14 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a “White Horse”; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon “white horses”, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Jude 1:14-15 Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. Revelation 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon “white horses”, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Glad to do your homework for you !!!!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No RESPECT!!!
That's right.

How's it feel?
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute! wait just one minute here!
Time Magazine religious department reported this year. In the last 10 years in america just over 1 MILLION protestants left their church to become catholic. During the same time over 4 MILLION roman catholics left their church and many became protestants. 4,000,000!
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9...
http://www.bobthune.com/2011/04/why-catholics... ! wait a minute! Two sides to every story.
As of early this year in america 1 out of every 10 adult roman catholics has left the catholic church. Where did they go? Find out below.
You're parish might be doing well but in recent times catholic churches in NJ have closed their doors due to crushing debt and dwindling attendance. Maybe some of these have moved over to you're church puffing up the numbers.
OVERALL, in america according to several roman catholic news sources, only 1 in 4 roman catholics practice their faith as required in attending mandatory sunday mass.
Ya gotta ALWAYS look at the big picture!
On topic...

If facts are the enemy, then how can the Romaine Church be "one true?"

Michael, Jesus wants you to keep posting facts backed by links(!)-- to combat the demonic social Catholics.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So did she let the kid go out, or what?
What areobatty I am old did I miss something, or forget something LOL
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
ok...ok...lol....
Horse or donkey???
sorry Truth couldn't help myself. I am playing a game on another board.
Things that go together . Just trying to lighten things up.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Truth wrote:
Robert,
Why unleavened bread?
Take a pic.

Exodus 12
The Passover
1 The Lord said to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, 2 f "This month shall be for you the beginning of months. It shall be the first month of the year for you. 3 Tell all the congregation of Israel that on the tenth day of this month every man shall take a lamb g according to their fathers' houses, a lamb for a household. 4 And if the household is too small for a lamb, then he and his nearest neighbor shall take according to the number of persons; according to what each can eat you shall make your count for the lamb. 5 Your lamb shall be h without blemish, a male a year old. You may take it from the sheep or from the goats, 6 and you shall keep it until the i fourteenth day of this month, when the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill their lambs at twilight. 1

7 "Then they shall take some of the blood and put it on the j two doorposts and the lintel of the houses in which they eat it. 8 They shall eat the flesh that night, roasted on the fire; with k unleavened bread and bitter herbs they shall eat it. 9 Do not eat any of it raw or boiled in water, but l roasted, its head with its legs and its inner parts. 10 And m you shall let none of it remain until the morning; anything that remains until the morning you shall burn. 11 In this manner you shall eat it: with n your belt fastened, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. And you shall eat it in haste. o It is the Lord's Passover. 12 For p I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and on q all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments: r I am the Lord. 13 s The blood shall be a sign for you, on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and no plague will befall you to destroy you, when I strike the land of Egypt.

14 "This day shall be t for you a memorial day, and you shall keep it as a feast to the Lord; throughout your generations, as a u statute forever, you shall keep it as a feast. 15 v Seven days you shall eat unleavened bread. On the first day you shall remove leaven out of your houses, for if anyone eats what is leavened, from the first day until the seventh day, w that person shall be cut off from Israel. 16 On the first day you shall hold a x holy assembly, and on the seventh day a holy assembly. No work shall be done on those days. But what everyone needs to eat, that alone may be prepared by you. 17 And you shall observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread, for y on this very day I brought your z hosts out of the land of Egypt. Therefore you shall observe this day, throughout your generations, as a statute forever. 18 a In the first month, from the fourteenth day of the month at evening, you shall eat unleavened bread until the twenty-first day of the month at evening. 19 b For seven days no leaven is to be found in your houses. If anyone eats what is leavened, b that person will be cut off from the congregation of Israel, c whether he is a sojourner or a native of the land. 20 You shall eat nothing leavened; in all your dwelling places you shall eat unleavened bread"

continued

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 380,701 - 380,720 of529,777
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

516 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Here For Now 598,723
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Lab28 223,095
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min IPSEC 716,212
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min NEWS-FLASH 171,410
I have just been arrested! What should I do? 10 min andet1987 3
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 11 min RiccardoFire 36,381
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min scirocco 114,573
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Charlie Sheen 255,620
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 5 hr Sasha 108