Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,917
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#395416 Oct 10, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 53:12Therefore I will give him a portion among the great, and he will divide the spoils with the strong, because he poured out his life unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors. For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors
2 Corinthians 5:21
For he has made him, who knew no sin, to be sin for us; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Romans 8:3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man,
1 Corinthians 15:44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual
body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
----------
Galatians 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."
----------
Hebrews 4:15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin.
Peter 1:19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish
or defect.
1 John 3:5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our
sins. And in him is no sin.
----------
------
Roman 5
13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when
there is no law.
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which
receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in
life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to
condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon
all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the
obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin
abounded, grace did much more abound:
21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through
righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
Galatians 2:20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
1 Timothy 2:6who gave himself as a ransom for all men--the testimony given in its proper time.
YEP!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#395417 Oct 10, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it a head injury?
No RESPECT!!!
ReginaM

Somerville, NJ

#395418 Oct 10, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>And than we can read stats to the opposite as well.No I can't provide them,but have seen them as well.The growth of every church should be a joyous occasion for us all as believers,but the sad thing is that some churches or institutions of Christian endeavor exalt themselves,and expect others to forsake their own and join with them.Such mentality ultimately divides.
When a person comes to a knowledge of Christ in their personal lives,they can choose or pray for guidance as to the best place they can learn and serve the Living God.Many have chosen evangelical churches,many have chosen other avenues such as yours.
Non-Catholic Christians have learned to trust God,and worship Him without the visual aids of statues or Icons.We know to go into our closet of prayer and that the Father will reward us as we pray to Him secretly without something to pray in front of such as crucifixes and statues or Icons.We have learned to trust the LORD through His Word,and did not need to wait for a priest or Catholic clergy to interpret or to give us permission.
Will never believe that I am not complete in Christ,just because your church organization tells me that because I do not pray with the use of religious articles,such as a rosary, and do not worship the Monstrance Host,nor am a RC that He is not complete in my life as a believer.
As a believer should I be convinced that the Mother of our Lord has taken on Divinity,that countless millions can pray to her at one time and she will hear and answer that which only the Spirit of God can do,as she is a human being,not to become an angel or divine person.That does not mean as well that I cannot honor her for who and what she is concerning her Son.If a believer does not find the fulness in Christ alone,than how is he or she to find it in religious customs and practices,mostly made by men?
Dan, your post is so full of distortions, misrepresentations, and outright untruths I hardly know where to begin. We've been over all this so many times in the past that it would be an exercise in futility anyway. You're determined to make Catholicism be what *you* say it is, rather than what it really is. I'm sorry you feel you have to do this in order to justify your rejection of the Church. As Hojo said, she's growing, and that seemed to make you unhappy. Hence, the nonsense you posted above. I wish you were more satisfied with your choice.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#395419 Oct 10, 2012
LTM wrote:
Series exploring the coming New World Order from a Biblical perspective. In this part, how Catholicism was created by putting a Christian facade on Mystery Babylon paganism.
This nearly eleven-hour journey through history, the Bible, theology and occult thought is now available as a four DVD set here: http://theapologeticsgroup.com/product/know-y... ...
Sorry wrong link
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#395420 Oct 10, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
He's right, Dan, the Church is seeing growth. On a local level, my parish is indeed growing by leaps and bounds. We already have a large church, parish hall, offices, meeting rooms, and rectory, but they're going to be breaking ground soon to add on as it's no longer adequate. You need to look at the numbers of those entering the Church at Easter.
http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/church-w...
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/vatica...
Wait a minute! wait just one minute here!

Time Magazine religious department reported this year. In the last 10 years in america just over 1 MILLION protestants left their church to become catholic. During the same time over 4 MILLION roman catholics left their church and many became protestants. 4,000,000!

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9...

http://www.bobthune.com/2011/04/why-catholics... ! wait a minute! Two sides to every story.

As of early this year in america 1 out of every 10 adult roman catholics has left the catholic church. Where did they go? Find out below.

You're parish might be doing well but in recent times catholic churches in NJ have closed their doors due to crushing debt and dwindling attendance. Maybe some of these have moved over to you're church puffing up the numbers.

OVERALL, in america according to several roman catholic news sources, only 1 in 4 roman catholics practice their faith as required in attending mandatory sunday mass.

Ya gotta ALWAYS look at the big picture!
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#395421 Oct 10, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Common 7th...I asked you first....
Horse?
Donkey?
cat and mouse,
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#395422 Oct 10, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Oh thank you I will.I am all for you as a Christian,a believer,a brother in Him,but this constant belly acher for Catholicism is too much.You think by proclaiming your organization as being the one and only,that it is,it is with you,perhaps to a fault.
To be a believer with the whole body,and loving all facets of Christian purpose and faith in Christ will bring us all together,but as long as the prots on here show hatred and the Catholics do the same,we will always be divided.That is why there is no true Christian church,because all churches have those who hate what Christ has done which is only for His glory and that not of some organization.
We do not have to agree on every practice or custom,but we also must not hate each other either.Some here claiming to be ministers,and others faithful Catholics are easily prone to despise without understanding each other.Such things only defile the whole,we are looked upon as a divided sheep with no Shepherd,when in fact the Shepherd still teaches,guides,and directs His Flock,giving of Himself as a Servant. Yet we defy Him by our constant persistence to not identify with each other,when in fact in HIM we are all connected regardless of our differences.
The fact PAD is that there IS only One True Church of Jesus Christ and it is the historically and biblically PROVEN Catholic Church initiated, formed and authenticated by Jesus Himself (in Matthew 16:13-21 as Universal (One) Catholic.---Understand though, that it is not the "only Church" but it is the One True Church. Any division you speak of was instigated and initated by the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century. So if there is any reconciliation or uniting that needs to take place, it isn't to come from the "watering down" of the Gospel of Jesus Christ by the Catholic Church. Bible only Protestantism has done an "excellent job" by splintering into "42,098+ self interpreting" denominations of conflicting, contradicting and inconsistent interpretations of the bible, which is known as "Relative Truth" ---"Whatever each person thinks is true---(half-truth, half-heresy) Christianity!!--with abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell research, homosexual minister, women preachers and on and on and on,,, "whichever way the social political wind blows"!---No my friend!---The TRUTH, has, is and will continue to be in the TRUE GOSPEL Jesus Christ in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church--the bride of Christ!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#395423 Oct 10, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
....good friend
Aha! What you are describing is Gnosticism!
When the self is a part of the Self....That is more pantheistic Gnosticism....Are you leaning in that way of thinking?
This opens up the whole debate on who is Jesus. And now I see why you have a problem with Paul. I will keep this in mind for future discussions....
Yes - now you see the Light.

"For those with eyes, should see; and those with ears, should hear."
- Jesus

"Those with a mind should think." - New Age

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#395424 Oct 10, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Age movement derives much of its philosphies and theology from Spiritualism which is often based in Eastern mysticism and denies the Deity and Incarnation of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
....which are older philosophies than what the men of the 1st and 2nd C. had - although many of what they put to paper, can be factually proven to exist within society at an earlier time period.
ReginaM

Somerville, NJ

#395425 Oct 10, 2012
Church Welcomes Thousands of New Catholics at Easter

The numbers of new Catholics run into the tens of thousands.

In the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, nearly 2,400 joined the Catholic Church. Groups of over 1,000 people joined the Church in the Archdioceses of Denver, New York, San Francisco, San Antonio and Washington.

The Diocese of Orange, Calif., set a record number for new Catholics, with 921 newly baptized and 668 already baptized Christians entering the Church.

Catholic churches in the Archdiocese of Washington have welcomed over 1,000 people into the Church at Easter for each of the past nine years.

According to the 2011 Official Catholic Directory, more than 43,300 adults were baptized as Catholics last year, while 72,800 people were received into full communion with the Church.

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#395426 Oct 10, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, your post is so full of distortions, misrepresentations, and outright untruths I hardly know where to begin. We've been over all this so many times in the past that it would be an exercise in futility anyway. You're determined to make Catholicism be what *you* say it is, rather than what it really is. I'm sorry you feel you have to do this in order to justify your rejection of the Church. As Hojo said, she's growing, and that seemed to make you unhappy. Hence, the nonsense you posted above. I wish you were more satisfied with your choice.
I have to step in here and seperate you and Pad before fistucuffs start flying.

REGINA M. Did you not see Wolf Blitzer on CNN today talking about the new poll put out by CNN, done by the PEW RESEARCH CENTRE?

Today 1 in 5 americans has no religion. 25% of america and rising. UNBELIEVABLE!

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/09/surv...

It might make you angry, it might make you sad! but you have to know what is really going on. That is why I bring the news.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#395427 Oct 10, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
Church Welcomes Thousands of New Catholics at Easter
The numbers of new Catholics run into the tens of thousands.
In the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, nearly 2,400 joined the Catholic Church. Groups of over 1,000 people joined the Church in the Archdioceses of Denver, New York, San Francisco, San Antonio and Washington.
The Diocese of Orange, Calif., set a record number for new Catholics, with 921 newly baptized and 668 already baptized Christians entering the Church.
Catholic churches in the Archdiocese of Washington have welcomed over 1,000 people into the Church at Easter for each of the past nine years.
According to the 2011 Official Catholic Directory, more than 43,300 adults were baptized as Catholics last year, while 72,800 people were received into full communion with the Church.
Thats fine! thats good. However during the past 10 years in the USA over 4,000,000 roman catholics have LEFT the church, while a couple hundred thousand as you report has JOINED the church.

Do the math.......

The big question is. How many Roman Catholics in america actually practice their faith? Maybe you're parish is doing well. Maybe because a few other parishes in central NJ have closed and some have come to you're church. As I have reported several times now 25% of american baptized catholics attend sunday mass weekly as required. 75% don't. Thats not good, and I can't believe the catholic church isn't pulling out all the stops doing damage control........it ain't happening.

Imagine a large corportation like General Motors and only 25% of the employees come to work when required?

....it would be bye bye general motors..

I bring the news that all should know. The news catholics DON'T want to know. We can't hide from the truth.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#395428 Oct 10, 2012
The Catholic Church is BABYLON.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#395429 Oct 10, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings preston
The Last Supper....To be honest, was it the Passover, or was it the Feast of Unleavened Bread?
In Matt 26:17-30 It was the First Day of the Feast of the Unleavened Bread(Exodus 12:15) Now this lasted for 7(originally 8) days..., then came the Passover, on the 7th day and 8th day....
Your question as to whether they ate more than bread, would nullify the Feast of Unleavened Bread, and call it the Passover, which was on the last day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread....
Because we identify Jesus as the Lamb of God, and thus with the Passover, we are actually missing the point that Jesus was the Unleavened Bread....
Robert,

Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but [[[[[it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven.]]]]]

For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.

Jesus was equating Himself with the unleavened bread...

Why unleavened bread?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#395430 Oct 10, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
cat and mouse,
ok...ok...lol....

Encourage him to answer, LTM...

Horse or donkey???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#395431 Oct 10, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
Truly, truly, I say to you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread out of heaven, but [[[[[it is My Father who gives you the true bread out of heaven.]]]]]
For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.
Why unleavened bread?
***And gives LIFE to the world....

Spiritual life....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#395432 Oct 10, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
Why unleavened bread?
"Set your mind on things above, and not on things on the earth."

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#395433 Oct 10, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine was from heavy physical labor too.
When I started going to the gum, I was stunned at how weak my legs were.
I still get some back pain every now and then, but working out 5 or 6 days a week has had the most positive and long lasting benefits.
Gym, not gum.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#395434 Oct 10, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
usually one's parents, unless you're sadistic enough to have it done yourself;)
Exactly.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#395435 Oct 10, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the inside of her shoes. Maybe she is already cheating with lifts. Does she seem to be heightening?
I would hate sitting on the toilet with my feet dangling, and not like wooden blocks on the brake and gas pedals in the car.
..........back to the closet Herme.
Well...I have to push my seat all the way up in order to reach the gas peddle.And..I was in a restaurant a long time ago where in the ladies room the toliet was very high and I had to hold on the the walls.At some places I can sit in a chair and swing my feet.lol..At Kennywood,I am as tall as the sign that reads"you must be this height in order to ride this ride"lol I need a step stool to climb into my daughters Jeep.lol In the grocery store,I can never reach the top shelve.I have to ask someone to reach for me.Hermi is tall.That was the second thing I noticed about him when I first met him.The first was his humor..lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min Chris Clearwater 174,541
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min WasteWater 96,444
Too many Asians in California which makes it suck (Mar '12) 7 min Aikifreak 95
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min lil whispers 602,819
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min scaritual 753,715
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 30 min Aikifreak 37,352
why are mexican men are small and ugly??? (May '07) 33 min Musicislife 171
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 262,083
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 3 hr girls united states 173

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE