Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
380,461 - 380,480 of 532,953 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 2
14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
15And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
18For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
Yeppers

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

I Love Jehovah wrote:
Catholics adopted Constantine's beliefs in the 4th century. He was the first Pope who was also the Pagon ruler of Rome. Constantine believed the teachings of Babylon, the 3rd world power. Compare if you dare, the Pagan teachings and see that Catholicism is totally Pagan. Every scent of Catholic is Babylonian. Totally false. The church made it so through the Inquisiion.
Rad more about Constantine. Although he ended the persecutions of Christians. He was barely Christian and lnew very very little about theology. He jut wanted less friction in his land.Interesting story.He would not have known Catholicism from alcoholism.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not attacking anyone. I bring information that for some reason doesn't appeal to you. Facts that are about the roman catholic church.
You need to accept the good with the bad. You haven't come close to reaching that level yet.
Enough of the name calling and insults, you make yourself seem like you have "lingering doubts"
There you go!
I dont care what you say, will still blow spitballs at the back of your head when you are not looking,

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic statistics right up to 2012 to exact NUMBERS!
http://cara.georgetown.edu/caraservices/reque...
Ther was an old lady in the bathroom when they made this count. her has incontinence. They missed her when they tallied.Lima Ohio
Also there is a community of Little People in that they missed. The Little guys and gals were standing to hear the Goslel but the pews in front concealed them.
o your figures are inaccurate Add 31.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
...greetings guest good friend....
Just too much hatred here....So have you read Matthew 23:9?
How do you reconcile it with one of the commandments in the O.T., to honor thy father and they mother?
How do you reconcile Roman 13:1-7
" Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience"
-
Yes. Too much hatred. Yet I have not raped a child or murdered a heretic. So I guess this means I am not being a "loving" follower of God, huh? Wow! You who compare vitriolic - and free, I might add - speech with the terrorists themselves *somehow* don't just never get it, do you?
-
As far as "authorities" goes, I do not - NOT for an INSTANT - believe that God has sanctioned the Catholic church as authority over me or anyone, for that matter. He is only allowing the Catholic Church to exist so we can get a clear picture of what NOT to do. And as far as the governing authorities go - I don't believe that God would want a Christian to murder or rape someone just because the "authorities" told him it was O.K. to do so - such as in the case of the Catholic Church or any secular 'authority'.

you forgot these verses:
-
http://niv.scripturetext.com/romans/13.htm

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
-
Notice: it says "Give everyone what you owe him:"

I don't owe that Catholic Church ANYTHING -- except the TRUTH! And that is exactly what I am doing - telling the TRUTH!

I most CERTAINLY do not owe the Catholic Church ANY "respect" or "honor" for what she has done. How could I? possibly?

As far as the O.T. admonition of honoring my mother and father?

THIS is what Christ added to that subject:

http://niv.scripturetext.com/mark/10.htm
29 “I tell you the truth,” Jesus replied,“no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30 will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
instead of the exclusively roman/pagan eucharist, try going to Him willing through baptism. hint: babies don't willingly get baptised.
How could the Eucharist be Roman/Pagan when it was taught and understood 300 yrs before Rome legalized Christianity? Pagan Rome slaughtered Christians for celebrating the Mass and Eucharist.

I know you realize this. So I ask you if you think you'll be able hide behind your ignorance as you stand before Jesus Christ and explain yourself?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

preston wrote:
<quoted text>let me help you out in your ignorance.
Orville anseered my psot and agreed with it.
then you came on and critiqued what he said which had absolutley nothing to do with what ywe were talking about, then you presented an attack on his agreement with me.
we were not talking about what you talked about since we didnt include you in our conversation and very few on here do, with the exception of the board dummy LTM.
NOW WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, WE WERE TALKING ABOUT HIS HUMAN BODY THAT CAME THROUGH THE BIRTH CHANNEL,
NOT HIS BODY AFTER THE RESURRECTION!!!!
WHEN YOU CALL or refer to most on here as ignorant you leave an open invite for rebutal and to be PROVEN WRONG in which the scripture I provided did so concerning weather Christ was human in every way right on down tho the chromosones etc.

Best to go with God instead of your selfish pride.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 2
14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
15And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
18For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
Hi F.O.L. how are you doing, we had a wonderful day yesterday.
turkey,cranberry sauce, sweet baked yams, heap of creamy whipped potatoe, lots of gravy, broccoli and carrots, lemon tarts and pumpkin pie, with whipped cream. My family gets bigger I will need a barn next year to hold Thanksgiving . I would love that.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
WHEN YOU CALL or refer to most on here as ignorant you leave an open invite for rebutal and to be PROVEN WRONG in which the scripture I provided did so concerning weather Christ was human in every way right on down tho the chromosones etc.
Best to go with God instead of your selfish pride.
P.S.

Hebrews 2:17For this reason he had to be[....... made like his brothers in

every way,......... in order that he might become a merciful and faithful

high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the

sins of the people.
the Lord and his will find you out for sure.

Also as FOL posted:

Hebrews 2
14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also

himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might

destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime

subject to bondage.

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him

the seed of Abraham.

17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his

brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things

pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

18For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to

succour them that are tempted.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
instead of the exclusively roman/pagan eucharist, try going to Him willing through baptism. hint: babies don't willingly get baptised.
Or circumcised.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Aerobatty good friend
Correct....
Free will is inert, until some action/reaction is taken, physically, mentally, spiritually....
To choose to act is in itself an action/reaction....God chooses to act and in His Will only to do good....That is how it can be declared that all He created was good....
Who made all the bad stuff?

And that kind of doesn't address the question.

How can we have free will if god knows all that we will do beforehand?

Either god is not omniscient or we do not have free will.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi F.O.L. how are you doing, we had a wonderful day yesterday.
turkey,cranberry sauce, sweet baked yams, heap of creamy whipped potatoe, lots of gravy, broccoli and carrots, lemon tarts and pumpkin pie, with whipped cream. My family gets bigger I will need a barn next year to hold Thanksgiving . I would love that.
Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgivimg day and a lot to be thankful for.

We all do.

Isn't it wonderful that we have a Saviour that loves us so much?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>P.S.
Hebrews 2:17For this reason he had to be[....... made like his brothers in
every way,......... in order that he might become a merciful and faithful
high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the
sins of the people.
the Lord and his will find you out for sure.
Also as FOL posted:
Hebrews 2
14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also
himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might
destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
15And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime
subject to bondage.
16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him
the seed of Abraham.
17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his
brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things
pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
18For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to
succour them that are tempted.
I wasn't trying to get into your disagreement.

The main reason I posted those verses is because the version you used didn't word it the same as the KJV.

Example;

Your's say's;

Hebrews 2:17For this reason(( he had to be)) made like his brothers in every way,in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.

Mine say's;

17 Wherefore in all things (((it behoved him to be made))) like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Mine does not say ((in every way)),like yours does.

Why is that?

Just wondering.
Atheist Silurist

Neath, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Or circumcised.
Or raped by catholic priests.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>

Why would God's knowledge of my future choices mean that I had no free will? The fact that He knows what I will choose, has no effect on my choice.

KayMarie
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
...greetings guest good friend....
Just too much hatred here....So have you read Matthew 23:9?
How do you reconcile it with one of the commandments in the O.T., to honor thy father and they mother?
How do you reconcile Roman 13:1-7
" Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience"

Greetings,

Then the high priest rose up, and all they that were with him,(which is the sect of the Sadducees,) and were filled with indignation, 18And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison. 19But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said, 20Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life. 21And when they heard that, they entered into the temple early in the morning, and taught. But the high priest came, and they that were with him, and called the council together, and all the senate of the children of Israel, and sent to the prison to have them brought. 22But when the officers came, and found them not in the prison, they returned, and told, 23Saying, The prison truly found we shut with all safety, and the keepers standing without before the doors: but when we had opened, we found no man within. 24Now when the high priest and the captain of the temple and the chief priests heard these things, they doubted of them whereunto this would grow. 25Then came one and told them, saying, Behold, the men whom ye put in prison are standing in the temple, and teaching the people. 26Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned.

27And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them, 28Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us. 29Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. 30
Acts 517-29

29.We ought to obey God rather than men.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
My Parents are still Protestants but are attending Catholic Mass on occasion. Again--your 25% attending Mass (means NOTHING) as I said before because each day (over 100 today at daily Mass)there are more and more practicing their faith and NONE are giving up their Catholic faith. In fact the Catholic Church has been on the increase by 1.5% each and every year AND continues to grow from converts from the Protestant Church.
Catholic Church continues to grow while Protestants decline
blog.chon.com/believeitornot/2011/02catholic-...
Number of Catholics increase worldwide
www.catholic-convert.com/catholics-increases-...
Cztholic church Priests numbers increase
www.catholic.org/international/international_...
Michael--you may THINK THAT YOU ARE HERE----but in reality---YOU are fading, vanishing and disappeaing----because NO ONE is believing what you are saying (except YOU--YOURSELF!! I respond to the "anti-catholic" trash that you "dig up" ONLY to "humor you" so that your not feeling "ignored, left out and insecure!!
Hmmmm....a 1.5% growth....That is about the same as the population increase isn't it. Interesting, don't you think. Oh, never mind. I forgot who I was posting to. Obviously you don't think. lol
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't trying to get into your disagreement.
The main reason I posted those verses is because the version you used didn't word it the same as the KJV.
Example;
Your's say's;
Hebrews 2:17For this reason(( he had to be)) made like his brothers in every way,in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.
Mine say's;
17 Wherefore in all things (((it behoved him to be made))) like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
Mine does not say ((in every way)),like yours does.
Why is that?
Just wondering.
Does one change the point being made from the other.

You posted more verses is all I was getting at and that is a good thing. I was not personally trying to drag you in the middle. My focus is on the scriptures only.
By NO means do I want you or any other to get involved and suffer any repercussions. That is why I have treid to direct his anger toward me using the TRUTH of Gods Word.
God Bless.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Rad more about Constantine. Although he ended the persecutions of Christians. He was barely Christian and lnew very very little about theology. He jut wanted less friction in his land.Interesting story.He would not have known Catholicism from alcoholism.
So you are saying Constantine didn't have any knowledge of the Roman Catholic church right there in Rome. Was he blind as well as Roman Catholic? He created the Roman Catholic faith with a combination of all of the other Pagan cults in the Roman Empire. Roman Christianity morphed into what we now know as the Roman Catholic church as well as the Orthodox church. Same o same o!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that God knows what's going to happen is irrelevant to my free will. I still have a choice and the decision is up to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

738 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min An NFL Fan 115,322
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Charlie Sheen 256,698
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 11 min andet1987 3,979
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min waaasssuuup 721,279
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Stilgar Fifrawi 224,371
Healthy & GOT c@ndomz ready? 19 min deepkuhratcha 1
Same -sex marriages are of OF THE DEVIL 27 min andet1987 5
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr KAt 80
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 hr bad bob 172,474
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••