Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
379,621 - 379,640 of 538,793 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#394322 Oct 6, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I am not Catholic
Sara,don't pay no mind to that person.

I have talked to JW's and even though they believe different,I have never heard one talk like that one.

Look up Tool in the urban dictionary.

Not nice.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#394323 Oct 6, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Father. I never paid much attention to it until that Harold Camping fellow put up billboards last yr announcing it.
Paul Thigpen a former Fundamentalist minister wrote a book called the Rapture Trap. He does point out the novelties of this dcotrine in great detail. Some Protestants accredit the pre-trib theory to Margaret McDonald. There are 3 main theories which some categorize as pre-trib, mid trib, and post tribulation doctrines. Those like Hal Lindsey have caused the death of people creating hysteria. Then there is slways Jack Van Impe and Roxexella with their ever evolving theories. Rapture Doctrines are Protestant creations. The books of Protestants who have revelation all figured are quite numerous and varied.
preston

Waverly, OH

#394324 Oct 6, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I was at WalMart buying cheap Chinese junk.
Glad Justin is enjoying it there. I thought for sure he'd go into culture shock. Well, I hope he does get ideas about one of those girls, and that she's a devout Catholic, and they have lots and lots of beautiful Catholic children who give you rosaries and holy cards for your birthday, and jump all over you with delight giving you wet, sticky kisses making your life a joy!!
SSSSHHHH!

his Gf is here right now.lol

Location hidden

#394325 Oct 6, 2012
marge wrote:
Of course Ltm would take away peoples medicines with the role she is on, Love you big sister:)
Legalize it
Can I ask you something?

What illness do you have that you feel you need pot?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#394326 Oct 6, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I have never said the word catholic was not in the Bible, but I ahve said that there is no catholic church ever formed in the NT.an I dared someone to show me if it in the Bible.
Now as far as YOU praying for me, it would be a waste of time since God wouldnt hear your prayer. he doesnt answer the sinner unless that sinner is asking for forgiveness, so if you Pray, ask God to forgive you and allow you to be Born Again.
so another spirtual experience that I had a few days before I got Saved.
during summers, i mowed lawns to get money through the township(summer jobs are made available for students),a nd while mowing I was by the grave of the man that I was named after, and I fel peace.
so in 1982, while under conviction(you wont have a clue about that word, since it isnt in the Bible)I remeered that and I walked down to his gravesite and began to pray, until I heard a voice speaking to me and I was alone(getting blessed)and that voice said to me.
Why seek ye the Lord here, arise and go by the way of the highway, cathie will pick you up there. so i walked over to the highway and cathie came up(my mom was worried and called her).
the voice came out of a small light.
like I said to the sda, My spiriuality is far above that of a drunken catholic priest.
How can you say there is no Catholic Church in the Bible...when clearly, the Catholic Church gathered, edited, compiled and established the Bible. If the Church had not done so, who would have? After all, Christ nor His Apostles never instructed anyone to create a New Testament!(and definitely never told anyone these letters would be the sole source and rule on Christianity)
Right?
ReginaM

Somerville, NJ

#394327 Oct 6, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>SSSSHHHH!
his Gf is here right now.lol
<Whispering>...okay. Is she Catholic?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#394328 Oct 6, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>It is believed that Andrew was killed in India. I used to have a book that gave where each of them was killed.
those apostles that were killed would have been killed by the roman Govenment, entirely different than the vatican
Hey Preston,

I am not 100% sure but I believe that the Apostle Andrew was hanged on an olive tree at Patrae, a town in Achaia.

Paul was killed in Rome....

Location hidden

#394329 Oct 6, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
The most likely reason for the setting of the celebration of the Nativity ("Christmas," or "The Mass of Christ," which Protestants do not celebrate, as They have no common heritage with the catholic faith, it being a celebration of "the mass" and all) to coincide so closely with the winter solstice is in fact "competition" with the pagan holiday.
You see efforts motivated by the same reason in many Protestant churches on the same night as Halloween ("The Eve of All Saints").
In order to prevent Their Children from participating in what They perceive to be pagan ritual, some Protestant churches throw a party, so that Their Children will feel content with Their own celebration ... one that emphasizes Christ.
In fact, although the Catholic tradition of celebrating December 25 can be dated to 354, Protestants probably had the idea of a competing party first, in Their "alternate-Halloween " celebrations.
Rob
Rev.

You'll not see any old time churches having halloween party's down here.

Just wanted you to know.

We have hay rides.Nothing to do with halloween.

It's just riding on a wagon loaded with hay,riding through the hollers enjoying God's beauty,the fall colors of the mountains,having a picnic and fellowshipping with each other.
preston

Waverly, OH

#394331 Oct 6, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say there is no Catholic Church in the Bible...when clearly, the Catholic Church gathered, edited, compiled and established the Bible. If the Church had not done so, who would have? After all, Christ nor His Apostles never instructed anyone to create a New Testament!(and definitely never told anyone these letters would be the sole source and rule on Christianity)
Right?
I can say it because it is true.Men wrote and compiled the bible , Not some church, dont allow yourself to be deceived.

BUT, and I say BUT, if any church sshould get recognition for this work that you speak of, it should be the orthodox church not the roman catholic church.

how could we claim the name of a Christian and not follow His directions?
why does your church feel some need to insist that the bible is not our sole Authority as to how we are to lead a Christian life?
preston

Waverly, OH

#394332 Oct 6, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
<Whispering>...okay. Is she Catholic?
she said that she wouldnt consider herself a"praticing catholic.

please dont sue me for you injuring yourself by falling off your computer chaair
ReginaM

Somerville, NJ

#394333 Oct 6, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Preston,
I am not 100% sure but I believe that the Apostle Andrew was hanged on an olive tree at Patrae, a town in Achaia.
Paul was killed in Rome....
Hello, Hank!

Because he was a Roman citizen, St. Paul was beheaded rather than crucified. Some perk, huh?
preston

Waverly, OH

#394334 Oct 6, 2012
ReginaM

Somerville, NJ

#394335 Oct 6, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev.
You'll not see any old time churches having halloween party's down here.
Just wanted you to know.
We have hay rides.Nothing to do with halloween.
It's just riding on a wagon loaded with hay,riding through the hollers enjoying God's beauty,the fall colors of the mountains,having a picnic and fellowshipping with each other.
FOL, you are absolutely the sweetest thing! I know you can't bring yourself to call him "Father", but in wanting to show respect you used "Reverend". That's very kind and well-mannered, thank you.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#394336 Oct 6, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Hank!
Because he was a Roman citizen, St. Paul was beheaded rather than crucified. Some perk, huh?
Hello, Regina,

We have a front coming in tonight....rain, windy, and it is going to drop into the 40's....only about 50 degrees tomorrow...rain and windy and chilly....

And, I DO NOT like cold weather....I would rather be at the beach....

Nero comes to mind......

I believe the Apostle Paul met his death at the hands of the Roman Emperor Nero when he was beheaded in Rome. I believe...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#394337 Oct 6, 2012
preston wrote:
http://bibledonate.wordpress.c om/2012/04/21/12-apostles-11-m artyrs/
Thank you, Preston...

I pulled my book out to refresh my memory... I have had too many SENIOR MOMENTS lately...lol.....
ReginaM

Somerville, NJ

#394338 Oct 6, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>It is believed that Andrew was killed in India. I used to have a book that gave where each of them was killed.
those apostles that were killed would have been killed by the roman Govenment, entirely different than the vatican
That's correct, it was the Roman Empire.
preston

Waverly, OH

#394339 Oct 6, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Regina,
We have a front coming in tonight....rain, windy, and it is going to drop into the 40's....only about 50 degrees tomorrow...rain and windy and chilly....
Nero comes to mind......
I believe the Apostle Paul met his death at the hands of the Roman Emperor Nero when he was beheaded in Rome. I believe...
we got it today, temp 38 this morning and our furnace came on
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#394340 Oct 6, 2012
preston wrote:
Deut 29, v 14,15.
Neither with you only do I make this covenant and this oath;
Deu 29:15 But with [him] that standeth here with us this day before the LORD our God, and also with [him](that is me) that [is] not here with us this day:
God said to me that I would be blessed with land, cattle, that I would lend to others and not borrow, among other blessings,
but there are curses to go on me if I fail the Lord
after i agree with all that he said to me, then he began to pour out His spirit on me, in fact as I said a couple of days ago. three times and on the third time, holes opened up in my belly and water came pouring out, yet I slept on a dry bed after this Filling was complete.
and as being a Prophet, at no time have I ever claimed that office, tho there are people that know me, wish for me to claim it but I have always refused, my office is above that of a prophet, even tho there have been times when I have told people what might occur with them, that in and of itself doesnt make me a prophet, those are just Words of Knowledge, which is one of the gifts of the Holy Ghost that I received on 8/27/82
Old Covenant
Exodus 19:8 The people all responded together, "We will do everything the LORD has said." So Moses brought their answer back to the LORD.

Exodus 24:3 When Moses went and told the people all the LORD's words and laws, they responded with one voice, "Everything the LORD has said we will do."

Exodus 24:7Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded, "We will do everything the LORD has said; we will obey."

DEUTERONOMY ch 5

Go you near, and hear all that the LORD our God shall say: and speak you to us all that the LORD our God shall speak to you; and we will hear it, and do it.

Jeremiah 34:13"This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: I made a covenant with your forefathers when I brought them out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. I said,

Malachi 2:10Have we not all one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our fathers by breaking faith with one another?

continued
ReginaM

Somerville, NJ

#394341 Oct 6, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Regina,
Nero comes to mind......
Same weather prediction here, in fact the temp is already starting to drop. I like the cold! But it's going to be miserable going to church tomorrow.:(

I think you're right, it was during Nero's reign that Sts. Peter and Paul were martyred in Rome. I sometimes wonder if I would have the courage to be martyred for my faith. It's easy to say yes while sitting in the comfort of our living rooms, but if push came to shove...I certainly hope God would give me that grace.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#394342 Oct 6, 2012
continued:
preston wrote: Deut 29, v 14,15.
Neither with you only do I make this
covenant and this oath;
Deu 29:15 But with [him] that standeth here with us
this day before the LORD our God, and also with [him](that is me) that
[is] not here with us this day:
God said to me that I would be blessed with
land, cattle, that I would lend to others and not borrow, among other
blessings,
but there are curses to go on me if I fail the Lord
after i agree
with all that he said to me, then he began to pour out His spirit on me,
in fact as I said a couple of days ago. three times and on the third time,
holes opened up in my belly and water came pouring out, yet I slept on a
dry bed after this Filling was complete.
and as being a Prophet, at no time
have I ever claimed that office, tho there are people that know me, wish
for me to claim it but I have always refused, my office is above that of a
prophet, even tho there have been times when I have told people what might
occur with them, that in and of itself doesnt make me a prophet, those are
just Words of Knowledge, which is one of the gifts of the Holy Ghost that
I received on 8/27/82
7TH Day Writes:
New Covenant
Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jer 31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Hebrews 8:6.
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.(based on Gods Promise not the peoples as in the Old}
Hebrews 8:10This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
Hebrews 10Then said I, See, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do your will, O God.
8Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin you would not, neither had pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 9Then said he, See, I come to do your will, O God. He takes away the first, that he may establish the second. 10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
16This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, said the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
It Is Written
Matthew 5:34
But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God,
James 5:12 Above all, my brothers, do not swear--not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Let your "Yes" be yes, and your "No," no, or you will be condemned.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min It aint necessari... 732,743
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 17 min Just TLC 4,330
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Chareeen Shil 257,854
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Falcon 732
John Holmes(white man)had biggest penis in history (Dec '08) 1 hr Dominick_Fontana 65
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ1 36,740
Dance Music 1 hr andet1987 7
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Thinking 226,248
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Black Thunder 42 599,834
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr bacon hater 94,645
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••