Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
379,601 - 379,620 of 538,793 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
preston

Waverly, OH

#394302 Oct 6, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps know you now why John Kennedy was assinated.
because Joe Dimaggio was jealous of Marilyn Monroe,
and took out a contract on Jack with his italian friends?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#394303 Oct 6, 2012
preston wrote:
after pentecost mary was never mentioned again, she became irrevelent, which is why no mention of her death or burial was needed.
a persons life is what is important not their death, with the exception of Jesus
old friend....

Sorry you don't think martyrs are important....
Clay

United States

#394304 Oct 6, 2012
preston wrote:
first Paul talked and wrote about this Rapture(even if the word isnt in the Bible).but the meaning as I said, is in the Bible in the original Greek
yet hojo and other catholics say that sola scripture in wrong, yet if we Christians used the thought of the Rapture, you attack us.
you people are two faced, no doubt about it..
Please explain it to us. I concur there are probably
Verses that COULD allude to something like a rapture. None the less, it doesn't seem to have been taught.
I don't know why Christians would have missed this revelation by Our Lord...
What? The Catholic Church withheld that info?
Why would Jesus allow that?
preston

Waverly, OH

#394305 Oct 6, 2012
my words are not worthy of any dummy posting a heart, so dont hide behind them

the worst thing that topix did is when they introduced those icons, allowing people to hide rather than join the thread and produce their own thoughts.

Location hidden

#394306 Oct 6, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
'JESUS GAVE US AN ALTERNATIVE, NO NO NO NO NO.
HE DID NOT.
NO WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES JESUS SAY THERE IS HEAVEN HELL OR PURGATORY.
The story of the rich man and poor man, Jesus tells of the rich man in hell the poor man in heaven.
Rob, you know I love you, but what you believe isn't the truth.
Greetings LTM good friend

Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven....

I have a particular fondness for the Sermon on the Mount....And so do RCs. I can see you are trying to be a quiet peacemaker on here as well....
Fr Robert Dye

United States

#394307 Oct 6, 2012
preston wrote:
first Paul talked and wrote about this Rapture(even if the word isnt in the Bible).but the meaning as I said, is in the Bible in the original Greek
yet hojo and other catholics say that sola scripture in wrong, yet if we Christians used the thought of the Rapture, you attack us.
you people are two faced, no doubt about it..
Weren't You going on not that long ago about the word "Catholic" not being in the scriptures?

Maybe it was one of the other one-note anti-Catholics on the forum.

After a while, You all begin to run together ...

I'm beginning to have a harder time thinking as much ill-will of You, Pres.

Once You shared that story of having opened Yourself to that voice that:

a) claimed to be the Lord God

and

b) told You, in response to Your request for forgiveness that it would NOT forgive You ...

I have begun to feel only pity for You.

You ought to have known that that was NOT God.

I have no doubt that God has singled You out for special attention NOW, because Your remaining convinced that that voice was God set You on a horrid path.

I continue to pray for You, and will remember You in the 5:00 PM mass in Sallisaw, Oklahoma, this evening.

May the One True God grant You His forgiveness and His grace, His peace, and His love, through His Only Begotten Son, Who died to save us from the consequence of our sins, and Who rose to give to us everlasting life.

Rob
preston

Waverly, OH

#394308 Oct 6, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
old friend....
Sorry you don't think martyrs are important....
their life is if they have a testimony for the Lord.

do you really think that monks(this happened seveal times in Vietnam) who participated in self immolation should be praised as martyrs?

I certainly dont
preston

Waverly, OH

#394309 Oct 6, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven....
I have a particular fondness for the Sermon on the Mount....And so do RCs. I can see you are trying to be a quiet peacemaker on here as well....
she left and the door hit her in her tush, I think

Location hidden

#394310 Oct 6, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>True but is an example of leaving one drained and weak from the presence of God that they would fall to the ground or floor. That was my point in reference to being slain in the spirit.
Greetings 7th DCR good friend

Isn't the fear of the Lord the beginning of Wisdom...?

Perhaps what you think as weakness is actually when one who is before the Lord, a sort of fear....There are many biblical examples of people falling before the Lord....

Since the one of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit is wisdom, can we not surmise that when one is slain in the spirit, it is the Holy Spirit which comes...?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#394311 Oct 6, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>why would a contemporary writer be concerned with religious figures?
that certainly doesnt enter into the fact, that He came, He died and He arose.
2012 AD.lol.
A man claimed to have had crowds so big following him that everyone couldn't be accomodated. A man claimed to have performed many miracles for thousands of jews, including bringing dead people back to life and making blind people see again and witnessed by thousands more as the christian ONLY story goes. A man loved by all, yet just a very short time later they are screaming for his death. Makes no common sense. A man that when he was born Kings followed a bright light in the sky and brought him gifts (for the new born savior) A man claiming to be the son of God..........no one noticed?? nothing recorded?

During this mans life we have not one testimony by anyone about him. Not any Jewish/Roman writers, scribes, philosophers, government officials, statesmen, NOTHING. Not a mention of this mans name, or the 12 apostles by anyone. The scripture writers that wrote ONLY decades after he supposedly died often mention scribes but nothing do we have that says anything about him.

Christians claim they know Jesus, but no one can tell you his date of birth, what he did to support himself, what he looked like, and the most important celebrations on the christian calendar his death and resurrection and no one knows those dates.....COME ON!! Jews were blamed for the death of this man, than later the scriptures claim it was Pontius Pilate who gave him over to the Romans, than Constantine changed it all again back to the jews in order to appease the Romans, and just recently Pope Benedict claims the Jews were not responsible for his death.

Does anyone know ANYTHING about this man? REALLY!

Not one writing by anyone about virgin birth, crucifixion, earthquakes, sky going dark, zombie jews coming out of their graves..........nothing! from 4 BCE to 30 AD.

A man people claimed to be the greatest man that ever lived and not one person wrote even one word about a man named Yeshua?

(LOL) UNBELIEVABLE!

Location hidden

#394312 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>Psalm 132:8
7We will go into his tabernacles: we will worship at his footstool.
8Arise, O LORD, into your rest; you, and the ark of your strength.
9Let your priests be clothed with righteousness; and let your saints shout for joy.
Is Mary the Ark of the Lords Strength ? NO
....good friend

A lot of people might disagree with you....Your simple answer, "No." Doesn't explain much....

By the way, I left off the last word because it is interpretted in a lot of ways in the various Protestant versions....For the Douay Rheims it is the "the ark, which thou has sanctified." But all are the qualities of the most humble and Blessed Mary....
preston

Waverly, OH

#394313 Oct 6, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't You going on not that long ago about the word "Catholic" not being in the scriptures?
Maybe it was one of the other one-note anti-Catholics on the forum.
After a while, You all begin to run together ...
I'm beginning to have a harder time thinking as much ill-will of You, Pres.
Once You shared that story of having opened Yourself to that voice that:
a) claimed to be the Lord God
and
b) told You, in response to Your request for forgiveness that it would NOT forgive You ...
I have begun to feel only pity for You.
You ought to have known that that was NOT God.
I have no doubt that God has singled You out for special attention NOW, because Your remaining convinced that that voice was God set You on a horrid path.
I continue to pray for You, and will remember You in the 5:00 PM mass in Sallisaw, Oklahoma, this evening.
May the One True God grant You His forgiveness and His grace, His peace, and His love, through His Only Begotten Son, Who died to save us from the consequence of our sins, and Who rose to give to us everlasting life.
Rob
I have never said the word catholic was not in the Bible, but I ahve said that there is no catholic church ever formed in the NT.an I dared someone to show me if it in the Bible.

Now as far as YOU praying for me, it would be a waste of time since God wouldnt hear your prayer. he doesnt answer the sinner unless that sinner is asking for forgiveness, so if you Pray, ask God to forgive you and allow you to be Born Again.

so another spirtual experience that I had a few days before I got Saved.
during summers, i mowed lawns to get money through the township(summer jobs are made available for students),a nd while mowing I was by the grave of the man that I was named after, and I fel peace.

so in 1982, while under conviction(you wont have a clue about that word, since it isnt in the Bible)I remeered that and I walked down to his gravesite and began to pray, until I heard a voice speaking to me and I was alone(getting blessed)and that voice said to me.

Why seek ye the Lord here, arise and go by the way of the highway, cathie will pick you up there. so i walked over to the highway and cathie came up(my mom was worried and called her).

the voice came out of a small light.

like I said to the sda, My spiriuality is far above that of a drunken catholic priest.
ReginaM

Somerville, NJ

#394314 Oct 6, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. All but John were executed by the Vatican. Saul of Tarsus was crucified upside down by his own request.
LOL, no they were not executed by the Vatican. How absurd!

And it was St. Peter who requested to be crucified upside down as he did not feel worthy to die in the same manner as Christ. Good Lord, stop reading those silly comic books!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#394315 Oct 6, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>why would a contemporary writer be concerned with religious figures?
that certainly doesnt enter into the fact, that He came, He died and He arose.
2012 AD.lol.
Let us ask, if Christ performed the miracles the new testament describes, if he gave sight to blind men, brought a dead person back to life, fed thousands from a handful of food, then why did the people want him crucified?

Is it amazing that a civilized people for the Jews of that age were civilized were so filled with mudreous hate towards a kind and loving man who went about doing good, could not be appeased until they had crucified the noblest benefactor of mankind.

How do we know the Gospels are historically true? Virgin birth, miracles, resurrection. Only one source of these stories. Men with bias agendas. How do we know or not know? We have no world history from the anywhere in the Mediteranean that says one word about this God man that is described in the Gospels, that were only written decades after this man dies..... NOTHING!

Is this really history or was it fiction?

I know you already have you're mind made up.......My mind is open to finding the truth.

Location hidden

#394316 Oct 6, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated---{The pastors of these churches, many of them former Catholics themselves, know all too well that if you expose an Evangelical to ancient Catholic tradition, with homilies that challenge their moral sensibilities, there is a good chance that Evangelical may come back for more. There will always be room for apologetics in dealing with these lies,}---
The truth is that the catholic church gives you alteratives to get to heaven. when there is really only one way and that is through Jesus the son of the True living God.
I am not for any religion, I am for Jesus and His truth.
The catholic religion is built on another foundation, it has been built around Mary. Jesus never preached about Mary He preached the Kingdom of Heaven.Show me one sermon that Jesus preached about Mary,
If she was that important to our salvation you would think Jesus would preach one sermon about His Mother.'OH I KNOW YOUR ANSWER;;; EVERYTHING JESUS SAID ISN'T IN THE SCRIPTURES'

John 19:26-27 Woman behold your son....behold your mother.

It is no simpler than that.... Perhaps one of the most important sermons for Jesus was while he was on the Cross dying. And these are among his last words....Behold your mother....
preston

Waverly, OH

#394317 Oct 6, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, no they were not executed by the Vatican. How absurd!
And it was St. Peter who requested to be crucified upside down as he did not feel worthy to die in the same manner as Christ. Good Lord, stop reading those silly comic books!
It is believed that Andrew was killed in India. I used to have a book that gave where each of them was killed.

those apostles that were killed would have been killed by the roman Govenment, entirely different than the vatican

Since: Aug 10

Lees Summit, MO

#394318 Oct 6, 2012
Revelations Nicolations & Santa Claus A must read article at New World Order Reaqlity Tour
http://kansascitypropainting.com/wordpress/
ReginaM

Somerville, NJ

#394319 Oct 6, 2012
preston wrote:
reggie, where are you at?
Justin called this morning, he likes it over in China.
he said they treat him like he is a celebrity, as he is one of the few Ameicans over there.
he did say that there are two other American girls on there, one is studying for her second Masters(hope he doesnt get any ideas)
I was at WalMart buying cheap Chinese junk.

Glad Justin is enjoying it there. I thought for sure he'd go into culture shock. Well, I hope he does get ideas about one of those girls, and that she's a devout Catholic, and they have lots and lots of beautiful Catholic children who give you rosaries and holy cards for your birthday, and jump all over you with delight giving you wet, sticky kisses making your life a joy!!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#394320 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>Because we were brought up doing these things do not make them biblical. Not saying observance in the correct way unto the Lord is wrong however you know very well most people observe the pagan side to these Holidays over the Christian view.
Santa Caluse, the reason for exchanging gifts is left out, Rudolf the red nosed reighndeer and frosty the snowman x-mas carols, Peter Cotton tail, easter eggs
Never said doing those things were biblical.

As far as knowing who and who does not observe the pagan side,I can't say.

All I know is that with MY children,they were taught the TRUE meaning of Christmas and the other Christian Holiday's.

Lord have mercy.

Most of those little holiday movies alway's had a good meaning.

Like Rudolf.

Because he was different,the others made fun of him.A great way to teach children not to make fun of others that are different.

Frosty the snowman.That is more about winter than anything.That story also has a good meaning.

The movie the Christmas Carol.
Again,has a good meaning.

What in the world is wrong with Christmas carols?

Silent Night.
Oh Holy Night.
ETC.

They tell the story of Christ birth.

Look,God know's what is in our hearts when we celebrate Christmas and other Christian Holiday's.
preston

Waverly, OH

#394321 Oct 6, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain it to us. I concur there are probably
Verses that COULD allude to something like a rapture. None the less, it doesn't seem to have been taught.
I don't know why Christians would have missed this revelation by Our Lord...
What? The Catholic Church withheld that info?
Why would Jesus allow that?
clay, your church knows about the verse that paul wrote, however they only believe in a last Resurrection, not the rapture.

Paul also speaks of a"falling away" in the last days.some people believe this is concerning the Rapture, I dont though.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Hukt on Fonix 732,722
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min onemale 257,850
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min mike 599,826
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 30 min bmz 36,738
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 173,274
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 1 hr Commander Bunny 8
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ruby88 53,187
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr bacon hater 94,645
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr well 226,244
•••