Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
379,561 - 379,580 of 536,891 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
bibleNews

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

100% PROOF Benedict XVI is ANTICHRIST________

&fe ature=plcp

preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

reggie, where are you at?

Justin called this morning, he likes it over in China.

he said they treat him like he is a celebrity, as he is one of the few Ameicans over there.

he did say that there are two other American girls on there, one is studying for her second Masters(hope he doesnt get any ideas)
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Mary(Miriam).

The very fact that Jesus was born of a woman,brings the very fact that God wanted to reach down to man,not to reach UP.We are not greater than the angels nor are we gods or goddesses as stated by our own theories and vain philosophies.

We are human beings limited by our physiology and our sinful nature.Jesus is a Savior,of what?

Mary represents the human condition as she is totally human born of men and women who have both good natures and FALLEN natures as well.

God's redemption and salvation was first given to Mary,the only PERSON to first experience the Salvation of the LORD,by both agreeing to allow the Holy Seed to enter her being ,submitting to the Majesty of her only Savior GOD as stated in Isaiah.Mary is truly blessed in that she is the first human woman to not only hold salvation in her precious womb,but by act of will as a handmaiden recognized her need for a Savior of her own nature that would be subject to a Holy God.

God loved us so much,that He gave His only SON,it does not say in Scripture that God loved us so much that He took a woman made her sinless from birth and gave her to us,so she could bare a HOLY Child.

The Son is the gift from God to humanity not the Son's mother,because she in fact is human flesh and blood in need of redemption.She is blessed that SALVATION (YESHUA) began with her,she knows redemption first hand,and was the vessel that brought HIM into the world.ONLY HE is stated in Scripture as being without sin,AS HE knew no sin.

We can identify with MARY in that she is the same as us fallen and in need of a Savior.Jesus we can relate to in His humanity,and that He was tempted to sin as we are,but only by submitting to His redemption can we identify with His righteousness.No one else under heaven is mentioned to be our righteousness,but Christ Jesus.But we can identify to Him as a brother,a fellow human,as He Incarnate with Mary's total contribution is truly our brother in the flesh.

Mary is a holy woman,and to say otherwise is to insult her as the mother of our Lord.But she would tell you that HE was her redemption,just as He is our's.Yes we can relate to her as a mother,not just in righteousness but also that she was fallen as we were,but now are redeemed by what? The Blood of the Lamb,nothing else.

Redemption was applied to Mary as well as us,she should be honored,but not as divine,or with a divine like nature.Mary viewed h e r Son's death from the same vantage point of every sinner that day at Calvary,remember that.She wept for Him as her Son,but there is no doubt that she felt the impact of the redemptive power that emanated from that Cross for her salvation as well as everyone there with her.(THAT is Mary probably was the only person there to realize His redemption for her that day),maybe John and Mary Magdalla were aware as well.

It is so much more glorious and part of God's redemptive power that Mary was the first to share in that awareness of her own salvation,because no one is without sin save Jesus Christ alone!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>dont patronize me, I dont need your hearts.
They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me.
GOD HELP YOU PRESTON, YOUR MEAN YOUR CRUEL AND YOUR FULL OF YOURSELF NOT GOD.
GOOD BYE YOU A.S.S.
I don't hate you I just don't like you. patronize you?? are you kidding. Your one of the reasons I have left most of the churchs I have attented Preston. I won't be back preston because you re on here.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, the meaning is, of course,as a catholic you might mot be allowed to believe that.LOL.
1 Thessalonians 4:17 uses the greek word arpagisometha which means taken up.
as a greek scholar you do know that right?
or did you sleep through that semester also?
When did the rapture dogma - by protestants come to be? Its my understanding that no Christian group prior to the 'born agains' ever taught it. It seems to me, the Apostles surely would have taught something like this. Maybe you guys are reading into scripture the wrong way, if you can believe that!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

I am sorry PAD, that my mind works differently as well as my brain, compared to yours, but here is the word surrogate pregnance and how it was applied to jesus and He was raised by Jospeeh(others).

Surrogate pregnancy, an arrangement(BY GOD) for a woman(MARY) to carry and give birth to a child (JESUS)who will be raised by others
(JOSEPH).

not one person can argue against that thought if they have possession of a brain the size of a pea

The human embryo
Week 1–3
5–7 days after fertilization, the blastocyst attaches to the wall of the uterus (endometrium). When it comes into contact with the endometrium it performs implantation. Implantation connections between the mother and the embryo will begin to form, including the umbilical cord. The embryo's growth centers around an axis, which will become the spine and spinal cord. The brain, spinal cord, heart, and gastrointestinal tract begin to form.[2]
Week 4–5
Chemicals produced by the embryo stop the woman's menstrual cycle(EVEN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH BELIEVE THAT MARY HAD NO PERIODS). Neurogenesis is underway, showing brain activity at about the 6th week.[3] The heart will begin to beat around the same time. Limb buds appear where arms and legs will grow later. Organogenesis begins. The head represents about one half of the embryo's axial length, and more than half of the embryo's mass. The brain develops into five areas. Tissue formation occurs that develops into the vertebra and some other bones. The heart starts to beat and blood starts to flow.[2]
Week 6–8
Myogenesis and neurogenesis have progressed to where the embryo is capable of motion, and the eyes begin to form. Organogenesis and growth continue. Hair has started to form along with all essential organs. Facial features are beginning to develop. At the end of the 8th week, the embryonic stage is over, and the fetal stage begins.[2]

I WILL STICK TO MY HYPOTHESIS, IT MAKES SENSE AND IN NO WAY TAKES AWAY FOM HIS HUMAITY NOR HIS GODSHIP.

and for the unlearned, it is not a scientic hypothesis(Since it cant be proved), but certainly fits as a phenomenon hypothesis.

you do know the difference, dont you PAD?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Outside of the Scriptures, your post here is a MESS,big time!I was hoping you would be giving to us some truth that we could benefit from,but instead you show the Catholics contempt and utter disdain.Not going anywhere from Japan.Perhaps you should teach us about Shintoism instead.
Just think Pad, if you were born in Japan you might be teaching US about shinto and that Jesus was a myth.

Interesting isn't it that more often than not, where you are born determines how you worship, who you worship or whether you worship at all.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD HELP YOU PRESTON, YOUR MEAN YOUR CRUEL AND YOUR FULL OF YOURSELF NOT GOD.
GOOD BYE YOU A.S.S.(your true colors are showing in that word, not surprised)in the least
I don't hate you I just don't like you. patronize you?? are you kidding. Your one of the reasons I have left most of the churchs I have attented Preston. I won't be back preston because you re on here.
you have never attended any church that I ahve been at, if you had, you would be more knowledgable than you are now.

so dont let the door hit you ass you walk out.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
When did the rapture dogma - by protestants come to be? Its my understanding that no Christian group prior to the 'born agains' ever taught it. It seems to me, the Apostles surely would have taught something like this. Maybe you guys are reading into scripture the wrong way, if you can believe that!
when people threw off the chains that your church placed on them by not allowing them to have their own Bibles.

and FYI, the Born Agains (such as Paul) taught it, you have heard of him, havent you?

now changing the subjec, what unit was your dad in? and what battle was he wounded in, if you know? since sometimes men dont want to tell their children everything about the war they were in, so if you dont know, I will understand.

as for me, i dont know exactly where I was hurt, just somewhere close to highway 1
Orville

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge--(again I ask you) "Where does it say (in the bible)(book-chapter-verse) that God chose to transmit His infallible word ONLY IN THE BIBLE"! Where does it say (in the bible) that every word, every phrase, every sentence MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true"! "Where is the word "bible" IN THE BIBLE!
The TRUTH is NOWHERE!---- however---what it DOES SAY (and what Paul says) in I Timothy 3:15 is that "the CHURCH is the pillar,pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!(nowhere does it say the bible is the ONLY TRUTH!!
Bible only Protestants have devised a (judgmental) "formula" as to who is a Christian-who is going to heaven-who is saved & who is not!! "Where in the bible does it say that we must "accept Jesus into our hearts" in order to be a Christian. "Where in the bible (book-chapter-verse) does is say that "we must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ in order to be a Christian!"---
Understand---there is nothing wrong with this "invented Protestant formula" ---BUT---NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE is any of this "judgemental-bible only--formula, found!!
however---what Jesus DOES SAY in John 3:3 (to Nicodemus) "except a man be "born again" of WATER (baptism) and of the SPIRIT. Jesus tells his Apostles to "go into all the world and preach the Gospel to all people--baptising them (In the name of the Father and of the Son AND of the Holy Spirit.)
Again--NOWHERE in the bible will you find ANY TRUTH that supports these "bible only" myths!!--THEY ARE "ALL" ---(made-up)!!!

This is what? The 20th time I and other's have answered this question. But you do not beleive in Scriptuire as sacred & stand alone as from Holy God.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work”(2 Timothy 3:15-

Hebrews 4:12
New King James Version (NKJV)

12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

<< John 1 >>
King James Version

----------
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 15John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. 16And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. 17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. 18No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him

ANSWERED HOJO.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

.......There is not a single contemporary historical mention of Yeshua/Jesus, not by Romans or by Jews, not by believers, or by unbelievers, not during his entire lifetime. Devasting news!

This does not disprove his existence as a man, but it certainly casts great doubt on the historicity of a man who was supposedly widely known to have made a great impact on the world. Thousands should have noticed."........screamin g silence!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

All Sants Day and All Hallow's Eve (AKA Halloween) are Catholic created holidays to counter the pagan equinox harvest festivals, the most notable being Samhain (pronounced sah wane)
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
The most likely reason for the setting of the celebration of the Nativity ("Christmas," or "The Mass of Christ," which Protestants do not celebrate, as They have no common heritage with the catholic faith, it being a celebration of "the mass" and all) to coincide so closely with the winter solstice is in fact "competition" with the pagan holiday.
You see efforts motivated by the same reason in many Protestant churches on the same night as Halloween ("The Eve of All Saints").
In order to prevent Their Children from participating in what They perceive to be pagan ritual, some Protestant churches throw a party, so that Their Children will feel content with Their own celebration ... one that emphasizes Christ.
In fact, although the Catholic tradition of celebrating December 25 can be dated to 354, Protestants probably had the idea of a competing party first, in Their "alternate-Halloween " celebrations.
Rob
Orville

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>

There does exist Scripture that eludes "something" will occur super naturally during the next inquisitions.....

Here is over 19 verses which I Strongly believe proves the Church will go thru the whole Tribulation, unless they die of course.

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. 13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. 14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. 17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Notice that Revelation 12:11 says that they over came him by the Blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, this is a New Testament Church thing cause that is how the Christians overcome satan. Revelation 12:12 says that the great tribulation is the wrath of satan, not the wrath of God. Revelation 12:13 says the woman flees unto the wilderness. this means that the woman will flee from the dragon. so in other words the beast does not control the whole entire earth or the woman could not flee. Revelation 12:14 says that the great Tribulation last for a time and times and half a time which = 3 1/2 years. Revelation 12:17 the dragon makes war (death happens in war) with those who have the testimony of Jesus means saints will be killed during this time of Revelation 12:14 time times and half of time 3 1/2 years.

Orville

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

bibleNews wrote:
100% PROOF Benedict XVI is ANTICHRIST________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hI9dF7jOHskXX&feature=plc p

he may be. We will surely know. I do not beileive we are quite there yet. At the door step, YES. The global meltdown must occur entirely first. Then the Vatican steps in to "Save the Day". It will probably align with Islam as Islam is about to be the worlds greatest numbers and thus religion.

As we know, beheading is Islamic way when one does not bow to Islam.

<< Revelation 20 >>
King James Version

----------
1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
There does exist Scripture that eludes "something" will occur super naturally during the next inquisitions.....
Here is over 19 verses which I Strongly believe proves the Church will go thru the whole Tribulation, unless they die of course.
Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. 13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. 14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. 17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Notice that Revelation 12:11 says that they over came him by the Blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, this is a New Testament Church thing cause that is how the Christians overcome satan. Revelation 12:12 says that the great tribulation is the wrath of satan, not the wrath of God. Revelation 12:13 says the woman flees unto the wilderness. this means that the woman will flee from the dragon. so in other words the beast does not control the whole entire earth or the woman could not flee. Revelation 12:14 says that the great Tribulation last for a time and times and half a time which = 3 1/2 years. Revelation 12:17 the dragon makes war (death happens in war) with those who have the testimony of Jesus means saints will be killed during this time of Revelation 12:14 time times and half of time 3 1/2 years.
sorry, orville, but I disagree. there is not ONE verse that even remotely suggests that the church will experience the tribulation.

I am a Pre trib. beleiver and the Bible proves that.

John 3:16 says that God loves us, so why in the World would He kill us, as will be done in the trib.

One Scripture proves that we will not experience the trib.

For God hath not appointed us unto wrath, which is what occurrs in the Tribulation.

your Scripture about the dragon persecuting the woman, well that woman is Israel, the nation that God said would produce the Messiah, and is not the Church.and all nations will coe against her to destroy her, but tha will not happen, God will intervene and destoy those nation

the remnant of her seed are the jewish people, gentile Christians are not of the seed of israel, nor would we all flee to the wilderness which is Judae
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

preston wrote:
<quoted text>when people threw off the chains that your church placed on them by not allowing them to have their own Bibles.
and FYI, the Born Agains (such as Paul) taught it, you have heard of him, havent you?
now changing the subjec, what unit was your dad in? and what battle was he wounded in, if you know? since sometimes men dont want to tell their children everything about the war they were in, so if you dont know, I will understand.
as for me, i dont know exactly where I was hurt, just somewhere close to highway 1
I don't know for sure what unit. Something Quarter master? His duty was grave registration. He was wounded by a grenade when his out post was attacked. He saw combat on a few occasions but not as often as the everyday infantry man.
You are right, many men don't tell their children about the war. I didn't find any of this out until i was 30. After he told me about trying to match the head with the leg and other body parts, I didn't care to hear anymore.
You served over in Vietnam and hopefully people appreciate that Preston.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
.......There is not a single contemporary historical mention of Yeshua/Jesus, not by Romans or by Jews, not by believers, or by unbelievers, not during his entire lifetime. Devasting news!
This does not disprove his existence as a man, but it certainly casts great doubt on the historicity of a man who was supposedly widely known to have made a great impact on the world. Thousands should have noticed."........screamin g silence!
why would a contemporary writer be concerned with religious figures?

that certainly doesnt enter into the fact, that He came, He died and He arose.

2012 AD.lol.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, I was making a joke because she told me that I was compromising with you because I didnt attack you over your words.
guess that she thinks that I am the board supervisor or something.
every day ends in day, guess it went over like a flat balloon,uh?
lol..sorry I didnt get your joke.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Orville,

Prayers are with you every day....

"They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

Mark 8:35

35 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it.

We ALL must be willing to die for God's cause!

Daniel and his three friends "did not love life, even to death."

Higher calling!!!

Peter died in service to Christ because "he did not love life, even to death."

He loved someone else more than life itself and that was Christ Jesus!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know for sure what unit. Something Quarter master? His duty was grave registration. He was wounded by a grenade when his out post was attacked. He saw combat on a few occasions but not as often as the everyday infantry man.
You are right, many men don't tell their children about the war. I didn't find any of this out until i was 30. After he told me about trying to match the head with the leg and other body parts, I didn't care to hear anymore.
You served over in Vietnam and hopefully people appreciate that Preston.
sounds like he was in what we call the post combat recovery team, which was a very dangerous unit, tell him, I said thanks for his service

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min nanoanomaly 225,579
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min curiouslu 729,676
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min -Web 259,067
______*ANTICHRIST on world stage______ 12 min 1RogerThat 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 16 min andet1987 4,242
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min An NFL Fan 117,744
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 24 min NoStress4me 441,067
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Strength and Honor 172,889
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Just 103

Search the Top Stories Forum: