Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670271 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Nipigon, Canada

#394495 Oct 7, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not. But I will pick it up now that I see he is a man of integrity and principle.
I just learned he and his wife spent time with Mother Theresa in the slums of Calcutta. Interesting.
I also learned he doesn't trash the Catholic Church ( neither does Billy Graham)- much to the dismay of his fellow evangelical preachers.
Mother Theresa, was a beautiful human being Clay. I wish I had half the nerve she did to go into some of the places she did to feed the poor. She walked her talk that is for sure.
Actually Clay I don't think there is a church in Sudbury who hasn't used the Purpose Driven Life in Bible Study .
It was a wonderful study, Rick Warren does not trash anyone.
I have a copy here and I have read it a few times now myself.
You are here for a purpose we all are.
preston

Athens, OH

#394496 Oct 7, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.......
You bring a SMILE to my face...FOL...
donmt know why those old wasps would love those outhouses, but they had radar, just as soon as a person walked ou the back door, they got their dander up.

America aint never had as good a guided missile as those suckers
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#394497 Oct 7, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>God Come Back ?
Get you riding Lawn Mower and mulch those leaves there are more still yet to fall.
Don't have a riding lawnmower...wished I did...

You are correct, I have more down and taking over.....HELP!!!

lol....I'm throwing in the towel....white sheet hanging on the door...
LTM

Nipigon, Canada

#394498 Oct 7, 2012
<quoted text>Good o hear from YOU. God Bless !!!
Thank you 7th, been baking all day. Our thanksgivings is tomorrow .
Blesses to you also.
preston

Athens, OH

#394499 Oct 7, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother Theresa, was a beautiful human being Clay. I wish I had half the nerve she did to go into some of the places she did to feed the poor. She walked her talk that is for sure.
Actually Clay I don't think there is a church in Sudbury who hasn't used the Purpose Driven Life in Bible Study .
It was a wonderful study, Rick Warren does not trash anyone.
I have a copy here and I have read it a few times now myself.
You are here for a purpose we all are.
It is a shame that you and the devils buddy are trying to make me out to be the villain when it was YOU who attacked her for no reason except for your infantile and mental disorders.

I went bak and saw her post about the cabbage patch and found that it was very funny, she has a good sense of Humor which you surely lack, and I am certain that her daughter and her enjoyed that joke.

LTM, I really beleive that you need some very serious counseling for those memeories of your childhood. it is sad that you cant even enjoy a person having fun with her child, something that you probably didnt enjoy, but dont blame her because her life was different than your.

I DO NOT WISH FOR YOU TO LEAVE THIS FORUM, BUT I DO THINK THAT YOU NEED TO LIGHTEN UP AND REALIZE THIS IS JUST A FORUM, IT IS NOT LIFE AND DEATH AND SHOULD BE APPROACHED AS SUCH.
LTM

Nipigon, Canada

#394500 Oct 7, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't have a riding lawnmower...wished I did...
You are correct, I have more down and taking over.....HELP!!!
lol....I'm throwing in the towel....white sheet hanging on the door...
Just let them fall Truth the fertilize the earth.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#394501 Oct 7, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>donmt know why those old wasps would love those outhouses, but they had radar, just as soon as a person walked ou the back door, they got their dander up.
America aint never had as good a guided missile as those suckers
Guided missiles...ABSOLUTELY!!!

Yea, they bite the dust when I'm around...

And, I HATE yellow jackets....they get into your can of Pepsi and you take a drink and the rest is history....lol....
LTM

Nipigon, Canada

#394502 Oct 7, 2012
Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.

1 Chronicles 16:11 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

The Nature of Reconciliation
October 7, 2012
He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him —2 Corinthians 5:21

Sin is a fundamental relationship— it is not wrong doing, but wrong being— it is deliberate and determined independence from God. The Christian faith bases everything on the extreme, self-confident nature of sin. Other faiths deal with sins— the Bible alone deals with sin. The first thing Jesus Christ confronted in people was the heredity of sin, and it is because we have ignored this in our presentation of the gospel that the message of the gospel has lost its sting and its explosive power.

The revealed truth of the Bible is not that Jesus Christ took on Himself our fleshly sins, but that He took on Himself the heredity of sin that no man can even touch. God made His own Son “to be sin” that He might make the sinner into a saint. It is revealed throughout the Bible that our Lord took on Himself the sin of the world through identification with us, not through sympathy for us. He deliberately took on His own shoulders, and endured in His own body, the complete, cumulative sin of the human race.“He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us...” and by so doing He placed salvation for the entire human race solely on the basis of redemption. Jesus Christ reconciled the human race, putting it back to where God designed it to be. And now anyone can experience that reconciliation, being brought into oneness with God, on the basis of what our Lord has done on the cross.

A man cannot redeem himself— redemption is the work of God, and is absolutely finished and complete. And its application to individual people is a matter of their own individual action or response to it. A distinction must always be made between the revealed truth of redemption and the actual conscious experience of salvation in a person’s life.

Bible in One Year: Isaiah 28-29; Philippians 3

Categories: Basics Of Faith, Cross, Death, Jesus Christ, Justification, salvation
Tags: cross, death, justification
LTM

Nipigon, Canada

#394503 Oct 7, 2012
Wisdom from Oswald Chambers
It is impossible to read too much, but always keep before you why you read. Remember that “the need to receive, recognize, and rely on the Holy Spirit” is before all else. Approved Unto God,
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#394504 Oct 7, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just let them fall Truth the fertilize the earth.
Yea, I wished I could leave them alone...but there is one BIG problem....the little lady....no matter how much you try the leaves still get into the house....and then the little lady is not happy....and then I am not happy....lol.....

I told Regina yesterday that my doctor told me to get them up because when the leaves get wet underneath and stay wet then that makes MOLD.....then when we have those nor'easters come through with high winds that blows the leaves and in turn blows the MOLD in the air....

People with allergies as myself get SICK....and that doesn't make me happy and then the little lady isn't happy....lol.....

It is a vicious cycle...lol....
LTM

Nipigon, Canada

#394505 Oct 7, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I wished I could leave them alone...but there is one BIG problem....the little lady....no matter how much you try the leaves still get into the house....and then the little lady is not happy....and then I am not happy....lol.....
I told Regina yesterday that my doctor told me to get them up because when the leaves get wet underneath and stay wet then that makes MOLD.....then when we have those nor'easters come through with high winds that blows the leaves and in turn blows the MOLD in the air....
People with allergies as myself get SICK....and that doesn't make me happy and then the little lady isn't happy....lol.....
It is a vicious cycle...lol....
I get the message Truth they are messy. I see people with leaf blowers but they don't do must.
We have several trees that turn red and yellow orange like they are on fire.
I write short stories, had one about Moses and the burning bush in regard to the tress along our street

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#394506 Oct 7, 2012
<quoted text>Genesis 3:8
And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.
Adam and Eve was doing the walking I take it...lol
10And he said, I heard your voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
----------
Leviticus 26:12I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people.
Deuteronomy 23:14For the LORD your God moves about in your camp to protect you and to deliver your enemies to you. Your camp must be holy, so that he will not see among you anything indecent and turn away from you.
Jesus walked on the water and this I know is true. I think Rober might like to do a little walking to. ;-)
I take it the Lord was a Spirit without a body prepared fpr him yet.
Hebrews 10:5
Therefore when he comes into the world, he says, Sacrifice and offering you desired not, but a body have you prepared me:
Hebrews 1:6And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him."
----------
Hebrews 2:14Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death--that is, the devil--
Greetings 7th DCR good friend....

I agree with all the scriptures you write. And I just don't see how anyone can seperate Jesus's humanity from him by calling him an embryo as merely but conjecture, and vain human imaginings....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#394507 Oct 7, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I get the message Truth they are messy. I see people with leaf blowers but they don't do must.
We have several trees that turn red and yellow orange like they are on fire.
I write short stories, had one about Moses and the burning bush in regard to the tress along our street
Love when they turn colors but don't like picking them up....

At least my leaf blower makes the leaves into mulch....

Story sounds great with Moses and the burning bush.....
preston

Athens, OH

#394508 Oct 7, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with all the scriptures you write. And I just don't see how anyone can seperate Jesus's humanity from him by calling him an embryo as merely but conjecture, and vain human imaginings....
how can you catholics say that Jesus is fully Human if her egg is used to give Him life. tha can only make Him half God and half man.

lets see how smart that you are in any argument that you might produce in disageement with my theory.

dont attack me just because this is well over your limited intelligence
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#394509 Oct 7, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings !!! Jesus carried Mary's DNA from her egg this is why Christ is called the Son of David. See very simple to comprehend.

Location hidden

#394510 Oct 7, 2012
One or Three Persons in God ?
Jesus Prayed to the Father - John 17:1-26 (Matthew 26:39; John 11:41)
Jesus lifted His eyes to Heaven and prayed to the Father (v1). He said, "I have glorified Thee … I have finished the work Thou gavest Me to do" (v4). I and Thee = plural individuals. But if the Father and Son are the same individual, then Jesus prayed to Himself!
Jesus Was WITH the Father before the World Began - John 1:1-3,14; 17:5,24
The "Word" (1:1) is the only begotten Son of the Father (1:14,18). He was in the beginning withGod and wasGod (v1). He (Jesus) said "Father, glorify Thou Me with Thine own self with the glory I had with Thee before the world was" (17:5). Further, the Father loved the Son before the foundation of the world (17:24).
Even before Jesus had a fleshly body on earth, there was a Father (thou or thee) who was His own self - one individual. Sharing glory with Him was Me or I (Jesus)- a second individual who was with the Father and was loved by the Father before the world began.
Thou and Me implies separate individuals. The Father was His own self, but Jesus was with Him. All this was before there ever was any fleshly body. Was Jesus with Himself before the world began? Did He love Himself and share glory with Himself??
All Three Were Present at Jesus' Baptism - Luke 3:21,22
Jesus was on earth, having been baptized, and He was praying. The Holy Spirit descended in a bodily form like a dove (this does not say the Spirit is a dove, but at that time took a bodily form like a dove). A voice from heaven said, "Thou art My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
This voice was clearly the Heavenly Father because He said Jesus was His Son. A similar thing happened at the transfiguration (Matt. 17:5), and Peter said the voice was God the Father who spoke (2 Pet. 1:16-18). The voice of God comes from God and demonstrates His presence (Gen. 3:8). The very words spoken prove the speaker is not Jesus, because Thou and I refer to separate individuals. And a son cannot be the same person as his father.
So in this story all 3 are present and are presented as being 3 separate individuals.
The Father and Son Sent the Holy Spirit - John 14:16,26; 15:26; 16:7,13-15
When Jesus left the earth, He requested that the Father send the Holy Spirit to guide the apostles, remind them of Jesus' teachings, etc. These verses distinguish all three as separate individuals.
The pronouns used distinguish individuals - I and He, etc. The language implies these are different individuals, just as surely as Jesus meant He and the apostles were different individuals when He referred to them as I and You.
The Father and Son acted together in sending the Spirit (i.e., the Son requested the Father to do it and He did do it - 14:16,26; 15:26; 16:7). As when Jesus sent His disciples and when the Father sent the Son, so the language implies individuals sending another individual, not themselves (cf. notes on John 17:18; 20:20,21). Jesus did not send Himself and the Father did not send Himself. The Holy Spirit was a separate individual.
The Holy Spirit would be another comforter (Greek for another is ALLOS meaning another one of the same sort). Jesus had been a source of strength & comfort, an advocate on behalf of the disciples. Now He was leaving, but did not want the disciples left alone. So He sent another comforter who would teach the disciples and remind them of Jesus' teaching (14:26; 16:13-15). If the Spirit is the same person as Jesus, then Jesus did not send another comforter, but the same one.
....shortened for response.
http://www.gospelway.com/god/persons_godhead....
...good friend
I would hope that those who don't believe, would believe in the Trinity....
preston

Athens, OH

#394511 Oct 7, 2012
Cincinnati dijo calificó el estado del derecho como día a día. El serpentinero recetó un strike al segundo bateador en el orden, el venezolano Marco Scútaro, y salió del montículo con visible dolor en la espalda. El dirgente Dusty Baker salió corriendo de la cueva y decidió sacarlo del juego momentos después.

this could be serious if he cant play for a while

United States

#394512 Oct 7, 2012
guest wrote:
Great post, Oxbow.
His heavenly preexistence would imply that he was "fully formed" and therefore, did not need any genetic input from Mary. He did not need the 'human' genome (1/2 of his genetic makeup) from Mary.
She was his earthly mother, yes. But she was NOT the Mother of God.
preston wrote:
this is exactly what I have been trying to tell these people for several years.(even PAD who should know better since he works in a hospital).
only an embryo fits the exact details to form the Christ, If her egg is used, then He was not fully God, this is just plain common sense, and since the embryo is dependant on the mothers womb, this assures that He can become fully human
Yeah.

If MAN can implant a life into a surrogate ...Why can't God?

Absolutely; it is common sense!
preston

Athens, OH

#394513 Oct 7, 2012
<quoted text>Greetings !!! Jesus carried Mary's DNA from her egg this is why Christ is called the Son of David. See very simple to comprehend.
you are as stupid as any person on here, if jesus shared any of her DNA, then He was half man.

Location hidden

#394514 Oct 7, 2012
<quoted text>Mary was concieved in sin like the rest of us.
James 1:15
Then when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, brings forth death.
----------
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned--
Psalm 51:5
Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.
2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV
King James Version
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
----------
Romans 4:25 He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.
----------
1 Peter 2:22 "He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth."
----------
1 John 3:5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.
...good friend....

Granted, all these scriptures describe the fallen state of humanity....That being said, the Blessed Virgin Mary is a "special" case....Why?

Luke 1:28 ...she is full of grace....The operative word here is FULL....To be full of grace, one must be without sin.

When we are born, we are innocent babes, but not full of grace. But when the angel of the Lord addressed Mary as "full of grace", this makes her different...And that goes to her Immaculate Conception.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min nanoanomaly 980,107
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Aura Mytha 100,145
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Any hot teen girl wanna email me (Mar '12) 4 hr idk 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr NIST 286,454
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 6 hr Halle Berry Sister 4,032
More from around the web