Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603193 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#394182 Oct 6, 2012
Sere, this isn't my post it was "disciples"

Judged:
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>When my daughter asked me "where did she come from",I told her I picked her out from a cabbage patch and she was the prettiest cabbage in that patch.She smiled and skipped away to play with her friends.The next day I over heard her and her friends playing dolls in her bedroom and they were talking about "where did they come from."My daughter told them about coming from the cabbage patch and her friends laughted and told her "thats crazy".She never said a thing to me until age 12 when she asked me again the same question.But that time she told me to leave out the cabbage patch.lol She was 6 the first time she asked me..lol

Disciple wrote:
A dumb answer for a smart kid. The day you stop telling children stupid stories 'it'll be the day we get rid of deception in all aspects of society.
You don't have to be graphic in explaining things just be smart than they are.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#394183 Oct 6, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>for someone to have some supposedly {anointing}, you dont understand Scripture.
I suggest that you go back and read the EXACT words of Jesus.
at no time did He suggest that John would NOT taste of death
Well I know John tasted death, Preston but not like the rest of the disciples, Is what I meant and yeah it was a lazy answer I could have explained it more.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#394184 Oct 6, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
I beleive Pot should be legal. period. I don't smoke it yet I have yet to know of anyone hitting a school bus of children after smoking a joint.
Sorry, but I must disagree!
Pot has long been proven the stepping-stone to the harder garbage, which of course, most addicts to pot will vehemently deny...
It's bad enough dodging drunk drivers on the highways... if pot was made legal, look at all the pot dopers we'd have to dodge.

Location hidden

#394185 Oct 6, 2012
I Love Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
You are part of a filthy religion, Babylon, filth, all Catholic teaching is Pagan.
I have absolutely no respect for the romanist religion either... but your condescending attitude marks you as a hate-filled individual. Your false claims of speaking for everyone are just that --- FALSE.

Location hidden

#394186 Oct 6, 2012
I Love Jehovah wrote:
You Tools have 3000 words in your posts...get over yourselves...say what you mean in 100 words, are you all stupid?? Learn from Rappers or just shut up....Stupidity.
ENOUGH.
you do not own this forum. While you do have the right to post here, you do NOT have the right to order everyone else around.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#394187 Oct 6, 2012
StarC wrote:
A CONVERT WROTE….
Snip....
"So they have to scare their congregations away from that by calling the Catholic Church the "Mystery Whore of Babylon" from the Apocalypse, a "cult," and the pope
the "Antichrist." They're not stupid. They know
this is the only way to keep their congregation from going back to Rome, and they employ this method frequently, especially if they are former Catholics themselves.’
[so true]
“I was raised as a nominal Baptist. As a young adult I became a passionate Evangelical, and a staunch Fundamentalist one at that. It was here I
was instructed on how to be an anti-Catholic, that
the Church of Rome was really the "Whore of Babylon" written of in the Apocalypse, and the Roman Catholic Church was a counterfeit Christian “cult.”
The pastors of these churches, many of them former Catholics themselves, know all too well that if you expose an Evangelical to ancient Catholic tradition, with homilies that challenge their moral sensibilities, there is a good chance that Evangelical may come back for more. There will always be room for apologetics in dealing with these lies,
(Though they could be just as passionate about becoming Catholic too, and many of them are!) I'm talking about regular Protestants who convert to Catholicism on their own, or as a couple, because they have found an interest in the Catholic Church. I guarantee it wasn't the contemporary worship and feel-good homilies that attracted them. That I promise you. No, it was a more traditional-style of Catholic worship that caught their attention, and it was the staunch moral theology of the Catholic Church that challenged them in a way that was refreshing. This is what draws Protestants into the Catholic Church, this and nothing else! Once they get interested, then they learn about the sacraments and sacramentals. That's secondary to them. It comes later, as they enter the Church through the RCIA process or some other method. That isn't what draws them in at first. The initial draw that brings in more Protestants is so simple really. Just be more Catholic. I'm not just talking about questions concerning Catholicism, but also questions about the legitimacy of their own Protestantism.
Protestants don't seek modernity in worship. I guarantee, if that's what they want, they will remain Protestants, and there is nothing you can say or do to attract them. The ONLY Protestants that will ever seek out the Catholic Church are those who are looking for an anchor to the past. They want something that is solid and unchanged. They want a connection to their ancient Christian ancestry."
http://catholicozarks.blogspot.com
You stated---{The pastors of these churches, many of them former Catholics themselves, know all too well that if you expose an Evangelical to ancient Catholic tradition, with homilies that challenge their moral sensibilities, there is a good chance that Evangelical may come back for more. There will always be room for apologetics in dealing with these lies,}---

The truth is that the catholic church gives you alteratives to get to heaven. when there is really only one way and that is through Jesus the son of the True living God.

I am not for any religion, I am for Jesus and His truth.
The catholic religion is built on another foundation, it has been built around Mary. Jesus never preached about Mary He preached the Kingdom of Heaven.Show me one sermon that Jesus preached about Mary,
If she was that important to our salvation you would think Jesus would preach one sermon about His Mother.'OH I KNOW YOUR ANSWER;;; EVERYTHING JESUS SAID ISN'T IN THE SCRIPTURES'
Pad

Rockford, IL

#394188 Oct 6, 2012
kefa in YahuShua wrote:
Thus says The Lord: If you would have left all your doomed houses, obeying My voice and My command to come out, you would have known why, for I had said,“The atheist shall have it far better than you, when the wrath of The Great and Dreadful God has come”...
For you had sought to lay hold of My throne, O acolytes of satan. And as you endeavored to ascend above My Holy Mountain, I stepped down and crushed your wicked climbing! I halted your evil aspirations! I smashed your satanic fingers, O vicars of Christ!... You abominable vines! Roots of rottenness!... I AM AGAINST YOU! Says The Lord.
For you have hated Me, returning to Me evil for good! You would not kiss The Son as part of the holy convocation, nor would you drink from My cup; nor would you sip the elixir, which I had freely offered for your cleansing, by which the remnants of Eve and Adam’s error was to be purged... Even of all your sins, whereby you do continually sin against The Lord your God, and pollute My name, and spit upon The Glory of My Majesty!... YOU HAVE COVERED ME IN THE KISSES OF JUDAS!... EVIL WORKERS! RAVENOUS WOLVES!...
Therefore, I am come down!...
And I shall surely put an end to all of satan’s work! For it was all for naught!...
Thus I have declared it! And I am He who shall also do it! Says The Lord.
My sons, they do not love Me! They have no love for God in their hearts!... Though their words are full of praise, and they speak many high and lofty words, with many prepared speeches, I tell you the truth, they do not love Me! Therefore, let them take their flatteries and all their filthy pretense, and wipe their own rear ends!...
For they are NOT My children, neither do I know them...
And due to the multitude of their foolish and contemptible acts,
And because of this great measure of insolence I have found within them,
Are they left alone in the wilderness...
Far removed from their God...
Abandoned in these desolate lands!
Yet I have reserved to Myself a remnant, a precious remnant who shall be hidden from this world, though they remain in the midst of it. They shall be sheltered from all this hissing, from all these murderous aspirations brought forth against My elect, and they shall learn holiness for a time and times and half a time... While the world, and all who remain in it, run quickly toward their destruction.
Yet all those who continually profess in their pride, to be the true “remnant church”, shall surely come to know the meaning of the word! For they have adorned themselves as queens, high and lofty, in their extravagant churches!...
Therefore, thus says The Lord: THEY SHALL ALL BE AS WIDOWS! I shall divide them as spoils! I shall serve them strong correction, and purge their numbers! I will discipline them harshly, and send many of them to die in that day! Then shall they know, I AM THE LORD!... And truly, I have made of them a remnant.
Yet even now, there is indeed a small number among them,
Who I do know, and in whom I see of Myself...
These shall come to Me, so I may receive them...
For My love had been completed in them before the time.
For most assuredly, I say unto you...
If I had not shortened these days, no flesh would be saved...
Says The Lord.
("Provocation" - A Testament Against The World... The Lord's Rebuke - Letters From God and His Christ)
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5...
SORRY, but the LORD would not tell anyone to wipe his or her rear end with anything.your prophesy is false.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#394189 Oct 6, 2012
Sere:

You anwered to a comment I posted.

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Same as telling a kid there is a santa clause, and an easter bunny.
Its almost Halloween all pagan holidays.
Whats wrong with telling a kid the truth, If a person doesn't start a lie they don't have the trouble of explaining the lie away.
Children grow up and learn that their Mom has been lying to them how do people think that makes a kid feel.

SERE WROTE
Well,I dont know of any kid that was traumatized when they grew up and found out that there was no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny.Unbelieveable that you would compare childhood stories to lies.Both my children grew up to be law biding adults and were responsiable teenagers with jobs.Both had great grades in school,never drank,or did drugs.They are now Both grown.My son is 39 and a social worker for the blind and if very active with his sons(soccer,boy scouts,swimming,baseball)My daughter is 38 works as a dental assistant and also helps her husband with his business keeping the books and appoinments while also taking care of her special needs son.Gee Ltm...I guess I was a bad mom...lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You were the one who made a comment to being a bad Mom not me. So please don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say.
I was just making a comment about the holidays.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#394190 Oct 6, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I must disagree!
Pot has long been proven the stepping-stone to the harder garbage, which of course, most addicts to pot will vehemently deny...
It's bad enough dodging drunk drivers on the highways... if pot was made legal, look at all the pot dopers we'd have to dodge.
Every pot user I ever knew personally,became dependent on either alcohol or drugs.Their personalities were dysfunctional.Also one particular man who used pot regularly along with his wife,had a downs syndrome child,the husband flipped out from the episode,and he has been in and out of mental health facilities from 1977 till now.Also when he worked,he acted like he was on a continual high,eyes dilated,and he only used pot.So I would not recommend a life time on it.

Naturally anything used on occasion may not have a serious bad affect,however most drugs used today by thrill seekers usually end up with severe mental and physical disorders.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#394191 Oct 6, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Batty,
I do not appreciate that kind of language....
Please show a little respect...
That IS a little respect.

More than it deserves.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#394192 Oct 6, 2012
Next post: I still didn't call you a bad Mother.
Sorry if the large letters imply I was. I was just trying to make a point.

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Well,I dont know of any kid that was traumatized when they grew up and found out that there was no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny.Unbelieveable that you would compare childhood stories to lies.Both my children grew up to be law biding adults and were responsiable teenagers with jobs.Both had great grades in school,never drank,or did drugs.They are now Both grown.My son is 39 and a social worker for the blind and if very active with his sons(soccer,boy scouts,swimming,baseball)My daughter is 38 works as a dental assistant and also helps her husband with his business keeping the books and appoinments while also taking care of her special needs son.Gee Ltm...I guess I was a bad mom...lol
Well Sere, If you want to start your childrens life out by you ,their mother lying to them. that is your choice.
One of the 10 commandments 'THOU SHALL NOT LIE' DID YOUR CHILDREN GO OUT FOR HALLOWEEN???

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#394193 Oct 6, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>your nuts!
What about his nuts?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#394194 Oct 6, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be very welcome Herme, so would your wife.
Everyone has their orders in for their favorite pie.
Hopefully everyone,s on here will be Humble Pie !!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#394195 Oct 6, 2012
back satan
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#394197 Oct 6, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>chill out, she raised her children in love, God asks no more than that
What surprised me Preston, was you.
someone who says he keeps God's word to the letter,
With no compromise.
You jump all over others , for their misunderstand of Scripture,
calling them stupid idiots etc.
Yet think its ok to lie to children practical from birth about a man called santa, or celebrating Halloween.
I never said Sere never raised her kid with alot of love.
I sure she was a great Mom.
truth

Perth, Australia

#394198 Oct 6, 2012
brain=mind
a e i o u
an en in on un
at it
where???
certainly not in bag..
Pad

Rockford, IL

#394199 Oct 6, 2012
I did go back on the web to see who responded to my posts,quit awhile ago.I feel bad that I cannot respond immediately.Here is my problem ,and I am not alone on this however,with any type of veneration to Mary the Mother of our Lord.

She is blessed and a saint,lived a holy life no doubt as Mary was truly the MOTHER of the Son of God,and because of her physiological being,Jesus inherited Flesh and Blood,and He is Incarnate!

There is a thin line between showing adoration and Worship.We idolize celebrities,and it is quite obvious that some people try in every way to mimic their particular celebrity.So human error in how they view people and adore their beauty,or greatness is common in every age.

We are all warned to be careful even in a secular sense from going too far with how we venerate dignitaries and so on.People of high position are to be honored,and given proper respect.

Giving Mary the Mother of our Lord Jesus the proper respect,love and devotion should be forthcoming.

What is proper though when giving such things to one who has never been seen? Jesus is given the most veneration and worship along with our Father in Heaven,we have never seen either,but we know that our rebirth as believers opens the DOOR to proper worship in the spiritual realm.

Actually according to Scripture human beings must go through a resurrection that only JESUS has experienced,there is no word at all in the Bible that gives us the evidence that any human including Mary has ever been resurrected from the dead with a resurrection body as JESUS has.

That of course is not what C a t h o l i c s in general believe,so they can hold on to their tradition on that,since no Catholic has ever seen Mary glorified in the way their tradition teaches.The early Apostles were not Catholics,they were Jewish believers in the Messiah,and held strongly to the beliefs and traditions of their forefathers in faith,the HEBREWS.

The early believers were called Christians and believers,followers of the WAY.There is no mention in their writings of Mary being assumed into heaven.Not that Jesus if He wanted to could not do that for her,so the miraculous is possible,even though we may not have hard core evidence that in fact it happened the way the RCs and Orthodox perceive it.

Continued:
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#394200 Oct 6, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
What surprised me Preston, was you.
someone who says he keeps God's word to the letter,
With no compromise.
You jump all over others , for their misunderstand of Scripture,
calling them stupid idiots etc.
Yet think its ok to lie to children practical from birth about a man called santa, or celebrating Halloween.
I never said Sere never raised her kid with alot of love.
I sure she was a great Mom.
I beleve it is more like his lack of understanding scripture.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#394201 Oct 6, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You know LTM...I see right through you and this poat.Please do the Christain thing and DO NOT POST TO ME AGAIN..
I was just asking a question that's all. I was trying to change the subject, you know get it back on Jesus.
Not all my children are saved, They know who God is , but they aren't saved.
There are kids that have grown up in christian that have turned their back completely on God.
There are kids that have grown up in total chaos, who are totlly sold out to God.
So man does not call man to salvation, Salvation is God's Idea.
When we send our children out into the world, all we can do is Pray.
The world is cruel
Pad

Rockford, IL

#394202 Oct 6, 2012
Continued: Mary( M I R I A M).

The final moments of Mary on this earth are not mentioned in the Bible accounts.No Apostles took the time to evaluate her life other than what is recorded in the gospels and epistles.Mary is never mentioned in the epistles.If Peter was the POPE Primer,we could ask the question,WHY did he not mention her assumption into heaven,if in fact he lived beyond her,knowing full well the happenings of all who followed Christ from the original disciples,including Mary.

The Apostles Peter and James are often cited as the strongest link between the Early believers and Catholics.YET neither apostle mentions Mary at all in their epistles which would have made a great deal of significance to the whole body of Christ than,and now.

It is not important that some disciple later mentions anything about Mary's assumption,but that the original 12 Apostles(excluding Judas of course) would have given their input about Mary beyond the resurrection of Christ.

The ACTS of the Apostles give us N O indication at all that Mary was assumed into heaven,some Catholics believe she never tasted death at all.But some teach that she died but her body was assumed into heaven,while the Apostles were looking at her deceased remains.

We can safely leave the death of Mary in the hands of her Lord,her Son.

But the adoration and worship of Mary remains a stumbling block in the whole body of Christ to this day,and not without sometimes a bitter struggle in debate.

It is a constant reminder to this day that Catholics solely and without any hesitation adore and venerate the Mother of our Lord with titles that often are reserved only for the Divine.

Thousands of churches,cathedrals and basilicas are named in honor of Mary,using titles of great wonder and beyond what any human being would be called. The early rulers of Rome were given divine titles,and we know that the error of those times finally caused the demise of that whole empire.N O human being is a god,or a goddess.

Masses are continually said in Mary's name along with her titles of adoration and veneration that gives many the hope of a divine nature to her presence and being on this earth.At the places of apparitions,Mary is called upon to heal,and statues of what she supposedly looked like are given homage as though worshipped.

Everything from her names to how she is viewed,to the endless prayers that are spoken to her,and by some even more so than to Christ Himself,leads to the IMAGE of worship that is clearly forbidden in the history of Judaism and early Christian worship.

We know that the Apparitions exalted Mary tirelessly,and were given LONG after the first century church,and is abhorred by the Jewish people as idol worship,that is an abomination to God.So basically whether Catholics want to believe it or not,the veneration of Mary in all its forms today is considered idol worship by the Jews,both traditional and Messianic. And of course many Evangelicals who adhere to the tradition of the Jews in their heritage of faith feel the same way.It is not like we have no reason to feel that way now do we?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Doctor Justice_ 878,239
The Christian Atheist debate 8 min emperorjohn 3,807
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 10 min prem 1,865
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min onemale 272,839
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 16 min WasteWater 7,974
Ruthlessly GREEDY New Yorkers earned 9-11 50 min Knock off purse s... 4
Hero Mom SNITCHES on COWARD son who murdered Ho... 53 min Knock off purse s... 3
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr The swamiji 7,624
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Lyndi 177,850
More from around the web