Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699379 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Orville

Portland, OR

#394128 Oct 5, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Orville,
Lots of prayers went up for you last night...
Blessings!!!

You Blessed me Truth. Thank You.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#394129 Oct 5, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
My puter is acting up y'all.
sorry but it's your turn:)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#394130 Oct 5, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you Herme, I rub Sere the wrong way I wasn't trying to judge her
I to have told my children about Santa Clause,
But I always felt it was wrong because he is not real.
My kids watched Rudolph the red nose reindeer, My youngest is 39 he watches it every year.
Like you said its about someone facing the truth and being honest.
Why are we celebrating Christ birthday with a fictional character, that gets more attention then Jesus does.
The gift giving from God was incorruptable, His glory is shared with no one. I am sorry Herme I can't see it any other way.
Thats the truth, and I am being honest.
I hate how Christmas has been commercialized. There is such joy in Christ's birth that no present can ever equal.So I agree with you on that. I worship Christ and have fun with Santa.Sera is my wife so of course I am going to look out for her.I wont back her when she is wrong. I will tell her.In this case she for real felt that you were putting her down as a parent and putting yourself as superior.I read it that way as well.I believe you when you say you were not trying to do that. Perhaps it is best not to post to her for a while.Sera is like a mother bear protecting her cubs and me too.Just give her a breather.Thanks and take care.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#394131 Oct 5, 2012
Psalm 133

A song of ascents. Of David.
The Blessing of Unity

1Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in

unity!

2It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the

beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

3As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of

Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life forevermore.
Orville

Portland, OR

#394132 Oct 5, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"in some ways"???
No - in many ways, with the number one reason, it won't kill someone if they consume it.
There has never been a recorded death because of an intake of marijuana.
http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/...
Cause of Deaths
- 2009 - causes of death - annual causes of death by cause
All causes 2,436,652
Cardiovascular diseases 779,367
Malignant neoplasms 568,668
Lack of Health Insurance3 44,789
Drug induced2 37,485
Suicide 36,547
Motor vehicle accidents 36,284
Septicemia (infections) 35,587
by Firearms 31,224
Accidental poisoning 30,504
Alcohol induced 23,199
Homicide 16,591
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) 9,424
Viral hepatitis 7,652
>>>>>Cannabis (Marijuana) 0 <<<<<
<quoted text>
I disagree....ask me how I know....*smiles*....

I beleive Pot should be legal. period. I don't smoke it yet I have yet to know of anyone hitting a school bus of children after smoking a joint.
kefa in YahuShua

Glenview, Australia

#394133 Oct 5, 2012
Thus says The Lord: If you would have left all your doomed houses, obeying My voice and My command to come out, you would have known why, for I had said,“The atheist shall have it far better than you, when the wrath of The Great and Dreadful God has come”...
For you had sought to lay hold of My throne, O acolytes of satan. And as you endeavored to ascend above My Holy Mountain, I stepped down and crushed your wicked climbing! I halted your evil aspirations! I smashed your satanic fingers, O vicars of Christ!... You abominable vines! Roots of rottenness!... I AM AGAINST YOU! Says The Lord.
For you have hated Me, returning to Me evil for good! You would not kiss The Son as part of the holy convocation, nor would you drink from My cup; nor would you sip the elixir, which I had freely offered for your cleansing, by which the remnants of Eve and Adam’s error was to be purged... Even of all your sins, whereby you do continually sin against The Lord your God, and pollute My name, and spit upon The Glory of My Majesty!... YOU HAVE COVERED ME IN THE KISSES OF JUDAS!... EVIL WORKERS! RAVENOUS WOLVES!...

Therefore, I am come down!...

And I shall surely put an end to all of satan’s work! For it was all for naught!...

Thus I have declared it! And I am He who shall also do it! Says The Lord.

My sons, they do not love Me! They have no love for God in their hearts!... Though their words are full of praise, and they speak many high and lofty words, with many prepared speeches, I tell you the truth, they do not love Me! Therefore, let them take their flatteries and all their filthy pretense, and wipe their own rear ends!...

For they are NOT My children, neither do I know them...

And due to the multitude of their foolish and contemptible acts,
And because of this great measure of insolence I have found within them,
Are they left alone in the wilderness...

Far removed from their God...

Abandoned in these desolate lands!

Yet I have reserved to Myself a remnant, a precious remnant who shall be hidden from this world, though they remain in the midst of it. They shall be sheltered from all this hissing, from all these murderous aspirations brought forth against My elect, and they shall learn holiness for a time and times and half a time... While the world, and all who remain in it, run quickly toward their destruction.
Yet all those who continually profess in their pride, to be the true “remnant church”, shall surely come to know the meaning of the word! For they have adorned themselves as queens, high and lofty, in their extravagant churches!...

Therefore, thus says The Lord: THEY SHALL ALL BE AS WIDOWS! I shall divide them as spoils! I shall serve them strong correction, and purge their numbers! I will discipline them harshly, and send many of them to die in that day! Then shall they know, I AM THE LORD!... And truly, I have made of them a remnant.

Yet even now, there is indeed a small number among them,
Who I do know, and in whom I see of Myself...

These shall come to Me, so I may receive them...

For My love had been completed in them before the time.

For most assuredly, I say unto you...

If I had not shortened these days, no flesh would be saved...

Says The Lord.

("Provocation" - A Testament Against The World... The Lord's Rebuke - Letters From God and His Christ)

http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5...
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#394134 Oct 5, 2012
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote

Question? If The Bodily Assumption of Mary is a dogma, why is it not found in any of the early church Father's writings until St. John of Damascene in the 8th Century?
Saint Epiphanius of Salamis in AD 377 stated that no one knew whether Mary had died or not.

Apocryphal accounts of the assumption of Mary into heaven have circulated since at least the 4th century.

The earliest known narrative is the so-called Liber Requiei Mariae (The Book of Mary's Repose), which survives intact only in an Ethiopic translation. Probably composed by the 4th century, this Christian apocryphal narrative may be as early as the 3rd century.

Also quite early are the very different traditions of the "Six Books" Dormition narratives. The earliest versions of this apocryphon are preserved by several Syriac manuscripts of the 5th and 6th centuries, although the text itself probably belongs to the 4th century.

Later apocrypha based on these earlier texts include the De Obitu S. Dominae, attributed to St. John, a work probably from around the turn of the 6th century that is a summary of the "Six Books" narrative. The story also appears in De Transitu Virginis, a late 5th century work ascribed to St. Melito of Sardis that presents a theologically redacted summary of the traditions in the Liber Requiei Mariae. The Transitus Mariae tells the story of the apostles being transported by white clouds to the deathbed of Mary, each from the town where he was preaching at the hour. The Decretum Gelasianum in the 490s declared some transitus Mariae literature apocryphal.

John of Damascus, from this period, is the first church authority to advocate the doctrine under his own name. His contemporaries, Gregory of Tours and Modestus of Jerusalem, helped promote the concept to the wider church.

OldJg, all of this is readily available at Wikipedia.

I could research it more in depth for you, but what would be the point?

I have already posted that it is NOT scriptural, and the CC does NOT claim that it is.

True, there have been some texts cited as "supporting" the belief, but I don't buy that Catholic faith requires that those particular texts support the dogma. That is to say, even if the popes who wrote about it re scripture got their interpretation of scripture wrong on whether the texts support it or not, it is immaterial.

The Assumption (NOT Ascencion) of Mary is CC dogma, whether scripture supports it or not.

The Gospel of Matthew is to be considered scripture, whether there is a table of contents that is considered inspired scripture (as there is in Protestant Bibles) or not.

The scriptures, under CATHOLIC doctrine (and NOT under Protestant Dogma), are NOT required for everything that may be declared worthy of or required belief.

This is a fundamental difference between Catholic belief and Protestant belief.

You really do not have to go on trying to prove one way or another. You are NOT going to change the Catholic faith by proving that "it is not in scripture."

We know that.

Thank you for your efforts.

We also know that the Christians of the first 70 years after the Resurrection lived without any canonical list.(Well, the Catholics didn't. The Protestants had the Embryo of the KJV, which is what they have gone by ever since.) For Christians of that era, many of the NT events were something you HEARD, not something you READ.(Again, none of this applies to the Protestants of the day, as they read the Embryo of the KJV, which they regularly cited to prove to the Catholics of the time that they (the Catholics) were not reading the New Testament correctly.

The Catholics, for their part, insisted that God had not ever given an Inspired Table of Contents for the New Testament, and were fairly annoyed with the First Century Protetsants, who selfishly refused to share the Inspired Table of Contents which They found in Their Embryonic KJV.

(Continued)

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#394135 Oct 5, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You know LTM...I see right through you and this poat.Please do the Christain thing and DO NOT POST TO ME AGAIN..
You are part of a filthy religion, Babylon, filth, all Catholic teaching is Pagan.
LTM

Nipigon, Canada

#394136 Oct 5, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I hate how Christmas has been commercialized. There is such joy in Christ's birth that no present can ever equal.So I agree with you on that. I worship Christ and have fun with Santa.Sera is my wife so of course I am going to look out for her.I wont back her when she is wrong. I will tell her.In this case she for real felt that you were putting her down as a parent and putting yourself as superior.I read it that way as well.I believe you when you say you were not trying to do that. Perhaps it is best not to post to her for a while.Sera is like a mother bear protecting her cubs and me too.Just give her a breather.Thanks and take care.
As a Mother I understand Sere's position Herme.
I have never considered myself a great Mom, I made a lot of mistakes along the way.
Everyone celebrates Christmas with personal feeling and thoughts of their own. Everyone has made their own memories and traditions of Christmas just as I have.
I would like to think that one day a year, people from every nation around the world weather at war, or different beliefs celebrate Christ.
There is harmony in the world. Call me a romantic thats were I am coming from. If I am being a Scrooge so be it.

Location hidden

#394137 Oct 5, 2012
You Tools have 3000 words in your posts...get over yourselves...say what you mean in 100 words, are you all stupid?? Learn from Rappers or just shut up....Stupidity.
preston

Athens, OH

#394138 Oct 5, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>p.s YOU ARE STILL ON BONDAGE according to YOUR own admission.
However I aready knew this.
lol, when it comes to spirituality, I am in the penthouse and you reside in the room under neath the basement.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#394139 Oct 5, 2012
I Love Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
You are part of a filthy religion, Babylon, filth, all Catholic teaching is Pagan.
I am not Catholic
LTM

Nipigon, Canada

#394140 Oct 5, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
I beleive Pot should be legal. period. I don't smoke it yet I have yet to know of anyone hitting a school bus of children after smoking a joint.
Sorry Orville, I disagree, Pot as you called it cause memory lose, or skips.
My brother was a paramedic, he worked the 401 in Toronto Canada.
a man hit on Pot forgot he was sitting in his car going 75 mph
with 3 small children and his wife. he opened the door and walked out.
A man 10:30 at night was driving down the street with his head lights out, he was stoned out of his mind.
People steal, money go into rages because they want a joint, I have seen it myself.
Its not just booze that cause these reactions, people get very tired can hardly keep their eyes open smoking pot.
Its like any other drug, the THC levels in the pot alters the brain waves.
It should never be legalized.
Fr Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#394141 Oct 5, 2012
(Continued from earlier post)

Deprived of this Most Holy Resource (The Inspired Table of Contents of tne Embryonic KJB), the Catholics of the day had to do the best they could with oral tradition and circulating latters attributed to St. Paul and other apostles and Disciples.

They also had access to a number of Gospel accounts, some of which were later declared by the CC in its councils as canonical, and some of which were later declared apocryphal.

Protestants of this time had not such difficulty, as the Inspired Table of Contents from the Embryonic KJV told Them which texts They should consider canonical, and in fact these texts were INCLUDED in Their Embryonic KJV, conveniently translated into 17th Century English. This proved to be a huge advantage for Them over Their catholic counterparts, and the First Century Protestants quickly founded various Baptist, Church of Christ, Lutheran, Methodist, Church of the Firstborn, First Street Baptist, First Baptist, Westboro Baptist, and Numerous Other Protestant Churches throughout the World, all of which survive to this day.

But to return to the point at hand:

The Assumption of Mary, which is without question Dogma of the CC, is also completely acknowledged to be without prooftext support in the scriptures, most especially absent from the Embryonic KJV. Had the FIrst Century Protestants merely been willing to share Their Inspired Copies of the Embryonic KJV, none of this would have ever developed.

The Assumption (which I accept is true, by the way), is probably most of all an example of Typology from the first century, when God continued to Form and Teach His faithful.

Just as the "Sacrifice" of Isaac prefigured the relationship of God and His Only Son, the Assumption of Mary prefigures the Raising and Enthroning of all Christian faithful at the end of time. This is a specifically Catholic belief, as Protestants reject the ability of God to raise Their mortal bodies to a glorified state in Heaven, at any point, now or in the future. Further, Protestants reject the notion that Christians will be enthroned in Heaven, in a status even higher than that of the angels.

Are we clear on this now?

You are not Catholic.

You don't want to be Catholic.

You wouldn't be Catholic for anyhing.

We get it.

How long are you going to keep going on about it?

No Catholic says that You have to believe this. It's a Catholic belief, not a Protestant one.

Rob

Location hidden

#394142 Oct 5, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I am not Catholic
Then scumb off....Tool

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#394143 Oct 5, 2012
I Love Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
Then scumb off....Tool
You posted to me first.I replyed and now you say"scumb off"??

Location hidden

#394144 Oct 5, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Mother I understand Sere's position Herme.
I have never considered myself a great Mom, I made a lot of mistakes along the way.
Everyone celebrates Christmas with personal feeling and thoughts of their own. Everyone has made their own memories and traditions of Christmas just as I have.
I would like to think that one day a year, people from every nation around the world weather at war, or different beliefs celebrate Christ.
There is harmony in the world. Call me a romantic thats were I am coming from. If I am being a Scrooge so be it.
You are far from being a Scrooge.You described Christmas exactly as it should be.It was a day that changed history. It was a day that saved us from death.It is exactly how you say it should be.

Location hidden

#394145 Oct 5, 2012
Fr Robert Dye wrote:
(Continued from earlier post)
Deprived of this Most Holy Resource (The Inspired Table of Contents of tne Embryonic KJB), the Catholics of the day had to do the best they could with oral tradition and circulating latters attributed to St. Paul and other apostles and Disciples.
They also had access to a number of Gospel accounts, some of which were later declared by the CC in its councils as canonical, and some of which were later declared apocryphal.
Protestants of this time had not such difficulty, as the Inspired Table of Contents from the Embryonic KJV told Them which texts They should consider canonical, and in fact these texts were INCLUDED in Their Embryonic KJV, conveniently translated into 17th Century English. This proved to be a huge advantage for Them over Their catholic counterparts, and the First Century Protestants quickly founded various Baptist, Church of Christ, Lutheran, Methodist, Church of the Firstborn, First Street Baptist, First Baptist, Westboro Baptist, and Numerous Other Protestant Churches throughout the World, all of which survive to this day.
But to return to the point at hand:
The Assumption of Mary, which is without question Dogma of the CC, is also completely acknowledged to be without prooftext support in the scriptures, most especially absent from the Embryonic KJV. Had the FIrst Century Protestants merely been willing to share Their Inspired Copies of the Embryonic KJV, none of this would have ever developed.
The Assumption (which I accept is true, by the way), is probably most of all an example of Typology from the first century, when God continued to Form and Teach His faithful.
Just as the "Sacrifice" of Isaac prefigured the relationship of God and His Only Son, the Assumption of Mary prefigures the Raising and Enthroning of all Christian faithful at the end of time. This is a specifically Catholic belief, as Protestants reject the ability of God to raise Their mortal bodies to a glorified state in Heaven, at any point, now or in the future. Further, Protestants reject the notion that Christians will be enthroned in Heaven, in a status even higher than that of the angels.
Are we clear on this now?
You are not Catholic.
You don't want to be Catholic.
You wouldn't be Catholic for anyhing.
We get it.
How long are you going to keep going on about it?
No Catholic says that You have to believe this. It's a Catholic belief, not a Protestant one.
Rob
Continue yourself w--hore. We don't read screwy long posts. Why not get a hobby like reading or sewing? Stupid TOOL

Location hidden

#394146 Oct 5, 2012
I Love Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
Then scumb off....Tool
You did well with your post. If I was as inarticulate as you are, I would keep my number of words to a minimum as well.

Location hidden

#394147 Oct 5, 2012
I Love Jehovah wrote:
<quoted text>
Continue yourself w--hore. We don't read screwy long posts. Why not get a hobby like reading or sewing? Stupid TOOL
I truly understand why you dont read long posts.There is a limited number of words that you recognize.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 14 min Quirky 71,476
How to help others save MONEY 19 min meme 3
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 5 hr Doctor REALITY 95
Good Nite, my Fellow Dorkinsteins! 5 hr Doctor REALITY 1
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 5 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Black/White mindsets, relations, and fears in A... 5 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr eggosaurus 995,032
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Dang Jersey Piney 447,390