Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603254 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#393835 Oct 4, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Sere, If you want to start your childrens life out by you ,their mother lying to them. that is your choice.
One of the 10 commandments 'THOU SHALL NOT LIE' DID YOUR CHILDREN GO OUT FOR HALLOWEEN???
LTM,
Imho,as long as we explain to our children the real meaning of Christmas,I see no harm.

Children play make believe all the time.

Eventually,they realize who "santa" is.

Just like they know that superman was not a real person.

My children never felt bad towards me for telling them that santa was coming.

They do the same with their children.

They know the real meaning.

They are in the church Christmas plays and enjoy them.
They learn from them also.

I love to see their big eyes filled with wonder on Christmas morning.

Christmas was one of the most happiest times in my childhood.

We were poor,but that didn't matter to us.

Getting that stocking(sock) with nuts and fruit was the best thing ever to me.

That's the first thing we would hit when we got up.

That was the only time we got anything like that.

My mother alway's made sure we knew the real meaning of Christmas.

We would alway's go to Columbus to see the Nativity scene and listen to the Christmas music.
Even before the Lord saved me,the nativity scene brought tears to my eyes.

It's a wonderful time for families to gather together to celebrate the Lords birth.

I will say that it has gotten out of hand as far as the stores are concerned.

It is too commercialized.

Children get too much this day and time.

I wish it was like it was when I was a child.

If it's wrong of me to feel this way,then I believe that the Lord would let me know.

I think that the intent of the heart is what makes it wrong or right.

God know's our hearts.
preston

Waverly, OH

#393836 Oct 4, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
...good friend
I am fair at semantics. But if you demand Biblical truth instead of reason, we are entering into matters of faith, and so you will have to leave behind your belief an embryo created by God to become Jesus....
I will have to sign off now, and tomorrow will be a busy day for me....I may have little time to check in...I look forward to the exploration of the realm of faith with you....
you are the person that demanded Scripture truths first. did you forget.

run along and brush up, you are easy
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#393837 Oct 4, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>gonna disagree with you onthis one, hank.
Easter sunday night in 1984 when i first stteped into apulpit for teh first time, God told me that I was one and even before I began to preach, he spoke to me of the book of Romans and pauls testimony, and He reminded me of that day over 20 years before when I laid eyes on Jesus.
that is the first prerquisite of that calling.
the second is that a man has to be chosen. tha was fulfilled in march 1955 when my grandfather died and shortly came back to life and descrbed to me wah he had seen and then told me that he had been set back by the greats in heaven(his words, not mine) to tell me that I ahd ajob to do for the Lord..
third, I have been fortunate to have seen a few miracles in my walk with the Lord that I myself have been a small part of,
God doeesnt remove and hasnt removed any portion of His Word.
For He has placed in the church, first apostles.second prophets.
you really dont think that I have got this smart by myself do you?
and yeah, I have placed my hands on someone and they have received he Holy Ghost.Once, before He ahd called me to preach, He laid it on me to go to this church, and I talked to mom because I just was confused,and she gave me great advice, just go and dont say nothing, God will show you at that right time.
so i sat in the back and the church had prayed for this woman several times and nothing was happening and then God told me to go up and lay hands on here. the crowd was heavy, but when I walked up they moved for me and I was behind her and i told the Pastor, lets pray again and this time God will answer and He did. She received the Holy Ghost.
I know this goes against all that you believe and have been taught, but as I type these words, God is my witness that they are true
Christ said he would speak to us in dreams and visions not by Grandpa coming back from the dead and dying again. It is appointed unto man once to die. Only during Christ time and the apostles was there such a case. Makes your whole testimony sound like a bunch of Boloney.
preston

Waverly, OH

#393838 Oct 4, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. I am also a witness to about 80% of every miracle from Genesis to Revelation.
sometimes people dont see miracles because they are not in a Bible believing, Bible Practicing church.

God just doesnt enter into a church that wishes to limit His Power
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#393839 Oct 4, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
Appian -- a Roman historian of the second century who wrote a history of Roman conquests from the founding of . As with the other such works above, no reason to mention Jesus here.
Edited for space......

Give me YOU'RE list of contemporary writers outside of Christian ONLY writers, scribes, statesmen, government officials, witnesses, ""ANYONE"" who wrote anything from 4BCE to 27 AD about this man named Jesus? Surely a man claimed to have done WONDERFUL things, MIRACULOUS things, for his own people and no one thought him important enough to write about?

Not even the jews that became christians even wrote about this man during his life........NOTHING, NADA, ZIP!...... WHY?

A man who christians claim 3 Kings followed a light or star in the sky to find this new born saviour bringing gifts for him. No one recorded anything, not even the Kings. He was almost killed by King Herod when he was an infant or toddler and escaped in the nick of time? Nothing in our world historical records that such an event even happened. When he turned the tables on the money changers? When he performed miracles for thousands of jews? When he was baptized by John Baptist? When an earthquake erupted and the sky went dark, when the graves opened up and zombie jews wandered around? We have NOTHING at all written about any of these events by any contemporary person from the ENTIRE MEDITERANEAN during this time period........TROUBLING!

I can't find anything by anyone yet there were many writers during that era who recorded daily events.

A commoner name Jesus who tripped around from town to town with a bunch of sunday fishermen, who had no authority or power over anyone yet christian writers claim the Jewish officials were afraid he was going to overthrow them?

Jesus a commoner as christian writers claim was never appointed, never voted in to his position, but SELF-APPOINTED himself as the head of the catholic church, with No plan of operation, no rules and regulations, no book or writings of a direction but just flying by the seat of his pants.

The early christians divided themselves up into many sects all using there very own beliefs, to prove their own conflicting doctrines of this belief, and many of them only believed this Jesus to be a spirit ONLY. They burned down each others churches and killing those that didn't see the world according to their personal doctrines........Ya! thats the plan! Thats how it all started.

tell me what I posted is incorrect, and I will correct it?
preston

Waverly, OH

#393840 Oct 4, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Christ said he would speak to us in dreams and visions not by Grandpa coming back from the dead and dying again. It is appointed unto man once to die. Only during Christ time and the apostles was there such a case. Makes your whole testimony sound like a bunch of Boloney.
I have had many visions, but they were real not like those of that satanic witch that you follow.

saw my robe of white, one sunday morning and heard these words.

Abide in me and I in you, and he took it away, and I asked Him if I could see it again and he showed it to me.

Like I really care what you think of me.LOL you will never meet me nor my Grandfather who is in heaven
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#393841 Oct 4, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
Appian -- a Roman historian of the second century who wrote a history of Roman conquests from the founding of Rome to Trajan; only about half of his books have survived fully intact. Again, Jesus didn't lead any Roman armies, so where would he fit here?
Arrian -- this guy lived in the second century, and wrote works concerned with Alexander the Great! That's 300 years before Jesus, quite a stretch for a mention
Aulus Gellius -- a second-century lawyer who put together collection of essays on law, antiquities, and various other subjects. No room for Jesus here.
Columella -- wrote about agriculture and trees
Damis -- wrote the biography of Apollonius of Tyana -- he lived in the second century and doesn't mention Jesus, most likely because he has his own man to promote.
Dio Chrysostom -- an orator of the second century who wrote eighty orations on literary, political, and philosophical subjects. No room for a mention of Jesus here.
Epictetus -- Bartleby reports that he wrote nothing -- all his teachings were set down by a disciple. But all his stuff is self-help and advice material -- no reason to mention Jesus.
Favorinus -- a skeptical philosopher of the second century who wrote works of rhetoric. As with the other such works above, no reason to mention Jesus here.
Crowds so big who came to see Jesus that he was more popular than the Beatles were in 1965 when they came to america on tour, yet again no one ever mentions this man Jesus or the crowds he garnered.

.....Even the relatively sober account of Jesus found in the first gospel, The Gospel of 'Mark', presents us with a Jesus who garnered quite a bit of attention. Consider for example, Mark 2:1-12, where the crowd coming to see Jesus is SO GREAT!, that a paralytic has to be lowered through the roof of a building Jesus is in, in order for EVERYONE to see him. Elsewhere Mark tells us that the crowds that Jesus drew were SO OVERFLOWING that he has to lecture from a boat on the Sea of Galilee. When Jesus travels from Bethany to Jerusalem, throngs of people line the roads to welcome him. Mark also tells us of how Jesus performed miracles before thousands: on two different occasions Jesus feeds thousands through miracles (see for example, Mark 8:1).

Yet no one thought him important enough to write about during these times?

A short time later he is on death row and none of these many thousands of Jesus-mania people shows up in his corner to support him?

Something is wrong!

Many today around the world still talk about the Beatles tour in 1965.........just as they did back when it happened.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/philo.html
preston

Waverly, OH

#393842 Oct 4, 2012
I will never forget that day as I sat behind their wood stove out of the way, and carl sat up and my grandma and her daughers rushed to his side.
and he put his hands up and stopped them and told them that he had been sent back to speak to the boy, and he called me over to his bed and told me to get up in the bed withhim, his words were only for me to hear.
and he described what he saw and how beautiful that it was.
and after he told me what he ahd been sent back to say, he told me that two angles were there to take him back, and he asked me if I could see them but I told him no, and then he laid back down and was gone.
I loved him and he loved me too, through him came my love for the farm and horses, but I wasnt that close to my grandma, she had her picks and I wasnt one of them.
one sunday, she got angry with me, and he made her and his daughters set me a plate and he took one and he wouldnt let anyone eat until he and I were thru, after we ate the regular meal, he made them cut me a piece of apple pie. I ate it even tho I dont like apple pie.
then he and I went out onto the front porch and sat and talked. I was the only child in my family that would go out "home" and stay for a week or two at a time.
that church that I spoke about going where that woman was at, was rebuilt by my dad, and originally built by lumber from his farm
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#393843 Oct 4, 2012
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#393844 Oct 4, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>gonna disagree with you onthis one, hank.
Easter sunday night in 1984 when i first stteped into apulpit for teh first time, God told me that I was one and even before I began to preach, he spoke to me of the book of Romans and pauls testimony, and He reminded me of that day over 20 years before when I laid eyes on Jesus.
that is the first prerquisite of that calling.
the second is that a man has to be chosen. tha was fulfilled in march 1955 when my grandfather died and shortly came back to life and descrbed to me wah he had seen and then told me that he had been set back by the greats in heaven(his words, not mine) to tell me that I ahd ajob to do for the Lord..
third, I have been fortunate to have seen a few miracles in my walk with the Lord that I myself have been a small part of,
God doeesnt remove and hasnt removed any portion of His Word.
For He has placed in the church, first apostles.second prophets.
you really dont think that I have got this smart by myself do you?
and yeah, I have placed my hands on someone and they have received he Holy Ghost.Once, before He ahd called me to preach, He laid it on me to go to this church, and I talked to mom because I just was confused,and she gave me great advice, just go and dont say nothing, God will show you at that right time.
so i sat in the back and the church had prayed for this woman several times and nothing was happening and then God told me to go up and lay hands on here. the crowd was heavy, but when I walked up they moved for me and I was behind her and i told the Pastor, lets pray again and this time God will answer and He did. She received the Holy Ghost.
I know this goes against all that you believe and have been taught, but as I type these words, God is my witness that they are true
Hey Preston,

I know that you disagree with me and that's ok....

Like I said before, it is the power of prayer now days....

The Word of God is now completed...the Word of God has been confirmed to us....why do we need miracles today to prove the Word of God???

We don't have apostles today....

2 Corinthians 12:12

12 I persevered in demonstrating among you the marks of a true apostle, including signs, wonders and miracles.

No one meets their qualifications today....

1 Corinthians 13:8-10

8 Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall be done away; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall be done away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part;

10 but when that which is ***perfect*** is come, that which is in part shall be done away.

*****perfect....

brought to its end, finished

wanting nothing necessary to completeness

perfect

that which is perfect

consummate human integrity and virtue

of men

full grown, adult, of full age, mature

Hope your shingles are better....

Going to bed....it has been a long day...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#393845 Oct 4, 2012
Silence about Jesus. Why?

.....Philo (~20 BCE -~40 CE) was a Hellenized Jew who lived in Alexandria, Egypt. He visited the Temple in Jerusalem, and corresponded with family there. He wrote a great many books on religion and philosophy which survive to this day, and mentioned many of his contemporaries.

.. His main theological contribution was the development of the Logos, the "Word" that opens the Gospel of John. Yet Philo not once mentions Jesus, anybody who could be mistaken for Jesus, or any of the events of the New Testament.

..... His last writings come from 40 CE, only a few years after the end of Pontius Pilate's reign, when he was part of an embassy sent by the Alexandrian Jews to the Roman Emperor Caligula.

....Philo wrote an account of the Jews covering the entire time that Christ is said to have existed on earth. He was living in or near Jerusalem when Christ's miraculous birth and the Herodian massacre (which also has no independent corroboration) supposedly occurred. He was personally very interested in the concept of resurrection. He was there when Christ supposedly would have made his triumphal entry in Jerusalem. He was there when the Crucifixion with its attendant earthquake, supernatural darkness, and resurrection of the dead would have taken place--when Christ himself supposedly would have rose from the dead. Yet, none of these events are ever mentioned by him. Why the silence?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#393846 Oct 4, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM good friend....
Whether saints are alive or dead, the Church is One....If I have a conversation with you here and now, or whether one is dead really makes no difference....Praying to Mary is nothing more than speaking to a departed relative in the Church....
I grant you to some this seems excessive, and not relative to their constant need to know salvation in Christ. But for those with confidence in Jesus Christ there is no fear of thinking, or believing they are wrong in speaking with a living or dead saint, or an angel from God.
Praying for the dead is not a biblical concept. Our praying for the dead has no bearing on someone once he or she has died. The reality is that at the point of death, one’s eternal destiny is confirmed. Either he is saved through faith in Christ and in heaven where he is experiencing rest and joy in God’s presence, or he is in torment in hell. The story of the rich man and Lazarus the beggar provides us with a vivid illustration of this truth. Jesus plainly used this story to teach that after death the unrighteous are eternally separated from God, that they remember their rejection of the Gospel, that they are in torment, and that their condition cannot be remedied (Luke 16:19-31).
Oftentimes people who have lost a loved one are encouraged to pray for those who have passed away and for their families. Of course, we should pray for those grieving, but for the dead, no. No one should ever believe that someone may be able to pray for him, thereby effecting some kind of favorable outcome, after he has died. The Bible teaches that the eternal state of mankind is determined by our actions during our lives on earth.“The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him”(Ezekiel 18:20).

The writer to the Hebrews tells us,“Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment”(Hebrews 9:27). Here we understand that no change in one’s spiritual condition can be made following his death—either by himself or through the efforts of others. If it is useless to pray for the living, who are committing “a sin that leads to death”(1 John 5:16), i.e., continual sin without seeking relief in conformity to God’s law of pardon, how could prayer for those who are already dead benefit them since there is no post-mortem plan of salvation?
Confrinting

Carlisle, PA

#393847 Oct 4, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Laying on of hands has ceased....there are NO apostles around today....
No one today meets the qualifications of an apostle....
Only the apostles/disciples and those they laid hands on had this power...they are all dead.

And just what are 'qualifications of an apostle'? There ARE Apostles today. A 'disciple' is a student of the Master. An Apostle is a graduate of the Master's program. Problem is that people are so full of hate and critical judgment today, that they discredit even the best of men.

Meanwhile there ARE those who continue in faith, building His Church, because HE said that 'the gates of hell shall not prevail against His Church.

Open your eyes...HE has set IN THE CHURCH Apostles, Preachers, Teachers, Helps and Governments FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE PERFECTING OF THE SAINTS.

Get into a church that will tell you the truth...AND teach you to believe the full gospel, rather than the secular worlds opinion of it.

KayMarie
preston

Waverly, OH

#393848 Oct 4, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Preston,
I know that you disagree with me and that's ok....
Like I said before, it is the power of prayer now days....
The Word of God is now completed...the Word of God has been confirmed to us....why do we need miracles today to prove the Word of God???
We don't have apostles today....
2 Corinthians 12:12
12 I persevered in demonstrating among you the marks of a true apostle, including signs, wonders and miracles.
No one meets their qualifications today....
1 Corinthians 13:8-10
8 Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall be done away; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall be done away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part;
10 but when that which is ***perfect*** is come, that which is in part shall be done away.
*****perfect....
brought to its end, finished
wanting nothing necessary to completeness
perfect
that which is perfect
consummate human integrity and virtue
of men
full grown, adult, of full age, mature
Hope your shingles are better....
Going to bed....it has been a long day...
still painful, I know we disagree on a few things, and that is ok, regardless of that, to me you are one of the nicest people on here
Confrinting

Carlisle, PA

#393849 Oct 4, 2012
" MICHAEL " Silence about Jesus. Why?
.....Philo (~20 BCE -~40 CE) was a Hellenized Jew who lived in Alexandria, Egypt. He visited the Temple in Jerusalem, and corresponded with family there. He wrote a great many books on religion and philosophy which survive to this day, and mentioned many of his contemporaries.
.. His main theological contribution was the development of the Logos, the "Word" that opens the Gospel of John. Yet Philo not once mentions Jesus, anybody who could be mistaken for Jesus, or any of the events of the New Testament.
You say that he made no mention of Jesus? Yet he developed the Logos that John specifically says WAS JESUS? And says that, "the WORD was with God, and the WORD WAS GOD."
The gospel (good news of the Word) IS the power of God unto salvation. Read closely...you miss a lot if you don't.
KayMarie
Orville

Vancouver, WA

#393850 Oct 4, 2012
Confrinting wrote:
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Laying on of hands has ceased....there are NO apostles around today....
No one today meets the qualifications of an apostle....
Only the apostles/disciples and those they laid hands on had this power...they are all dead.
And just what are 'qualifications of an apostle'? There ARE Apostles today. A 'disciple' is a student of the Master. An Apostle is a graduate of the Master's program. Problem is that people are so full of hate and critical judgment today, that they discredit even the best of men.
Meanwhile there ARE those who continue in faith, building His Church, because HE said that 'the gates of hell shall not prevail against His Church.
Open your eyes...HE has set IN THE CHURCH Apostles, Preachers, Teachers, Helps and Governments FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE PERFECTING OF THE SAINTS.
Get into a church that will tell you the truth...AND teach you to believe the full gospel, rather than the secular worlds opinion of it.
KayMarie

Amen. I am a "Prophet". I have experienced very serious intercession for other's. I have been to heaven once, and the Kingdom once. And I "tasted" Hell.

I know of a man, a "Preacher" of 45 years who was not received into Heaven. yes, I tried to warn him. He died in sin. because he twisted Scripture to his benefit.

To many occurances to list.
preston

Waverly, OH

#393851 Oct 4, 2012
and hank, it isnt that we need miracle today to Prove the Word of God, it stands on its own merit, rather it is because people still need miracles in their lives.

in june, the doctor told me that he couldnt do anything to help me(and he had tears in his eyes(some still care)and I told him that was ok, that I knew one who could help me.

they couldnt operate on my back due to the heart problem, and within just a few weeks later, my heart problem(havent had any prolems since then, btw) and my leg problems were taken care of by God.

that is why we still miracles today, what man cant accomplish, the Lord will

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#393852 Oct 4, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Sere, If you want to start your childrens life out by you ,their mother lying to them. that is your choice.
One of the 10 commandments 'THOU SHALL NOT LIE' DID YOUR CHILDREN GO OUT FOR HALLOWEEN???
Childhood story telling is not lying to them.What the heck is the matter with you?How dare you imply that I was not a good mother.Look in your own back yard LTM before you try to tell anyone how to raise kids.AND YES....THEY DID GO TRICK OR TREATING AND I TOOK THEM!! I ALSO GOT THEIR COSTUME(MADE THEM MYSLEF)AND WE HAD A GREAT TIME..Now why dont you come back and say...oh now you celebrated the devil's night.You need to pay more attention to your own family(I am sure they could use it)and see where YOU went wrong and stop criticizing me and how I raised mine.I did post that story about my daughter when she was young thinking it would cause an attack on my parenting skills.You took something that was cute and innocent and turned it into something ugly.I am sorry that you are a miserable person with no sense of humor.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#393853 Oct 4, 2012
The document also revealed how Gabriele had told prosecutors that he had acted because he had seen "evil and corruption everywhere in the Church" and he wanted to stop it spreading adding: "I reached the point of no return. I was sure that a shock, perhaps by using the media, could be a healthy thing to bring the Church back on the right track

Full story here...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/eur...
Confrinting

Carlisle, PA

#393854 Oct 4, 2012
"7th Day Catholics Rock"
Christ said he would speak to us in dreams and visions not by Grandpa coming back from the dead and dying again. It is appointed unto man once to die. Only during Christ time and the apostles was there such a case. Makes your whole testimony sound like a bunch of Boloney.

Preston misses the mark with his critical tongue, but his experience with his grandpa may well be true. There are many such instances.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min Pegasus 272,886
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Rosa_Winkel 879,166
9/11&bin 1 min REV CAROL 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 50 min curtjester1 41,145
gay at ghaziabad (Jul '14) 57 min Rohot 11
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ruby88 53,491
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr ashokS 574
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 hr dollarsbill 8,061
The Christian Atheist debate 6 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 3,849
More from around the web